Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited January 2013
    you are kidding, right?

"All Weather Floormats/mud guards: $470"
  • new_hondanew_honda Member Posts: 4
    Honda accord LX 2013 - 20169/- base price and out of door 22432/-
    Is that a good price?
    To add leather 850/_
    What are the basic accessories that are required to a new car?
  • evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    You can buy those two items online for about $150. Looks like the floor mats are pretty easy to install.
  • unlv_rebelsunlv_rebels Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    If $20,169 is the offer price for a 2013 Accord LX CVT before TTL, then it is a great price since it is about $1200 below invoice ($21,369). IMHO, it is great deal.

Don't buy accessories from the dealer. You can always buy later online at a lower price.
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Hi,
    Are these the Original Leather Seats or some kind of conversion kit ? How is the Dealer giving the option to add leather for just 850 ? My Dealer was asking 2K for it. :confuse:
  • biddutbiddut Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2013 Accord LX CVT with dealer package and 7 yr Power Tran for 22,220 Drive Out. Happy happy. Rusty Wallice Honda, dallas, TX. I will give you the sales guys name.
  • csd5003csd5003 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me if 27340 plus 349 for documentation fees is a good deal for a v6,EXL?
    Thank you!
    Is 27340 plus 349 documentation fees a good deal for the V6, EXL?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Yes............ your 607 below invoice. if thats your best offer i would consider it . Please post dealership. try to knock off a few more dollars and make deal. 600 to 800 below on exl v-6 is the best you will find in the North east.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    Go for it! Great price
  • subdrvrsubdrvr Member Posts: 4
    I'm interested in an Accord Sport, but I want XM radio. Seems that you have to move up to an EX-L to get it which is basically a 4K jump in price. No way I'm paying an extra 4 grand.

Does anyone know whether the dealer can install XM on the car with integration in the audio system. Don't want a tacky looking add-on.
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    Hey man,

Is it including taxes? can you break out the charges? what is the dealer package in your case?
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    I agree that XM is worthwhile and should be offered on more trim levels.

But for now, to have it truly integrated, you need to go for the EX-L. That trim level offers a lot of other stuff, including premium 360-watt stereo with 7 speakers, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, leather power heated seats with memory settings, auto-dim rearview mirror, Hondalink with AHA, etc.

Basically if you want XM with the Sport trim you need to go for aftermarket.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • kishjkishj Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Can you please suggest me the best offer for Sport CVT in San Francisco Bay area.
    I got an estimate for 22680 from a dealer.(before tax+fee).

Can you please suggest.

Thanks
  • qazpqazp Member Posts: 4
    For your reference, Consumer Report Build and Buy program price an Accord Sport CVT in San Francisco Area is about $22,029.
    Spoke with many dealers today and most all pricing was about the same. meaning in the 400 to 600 range below invoice.. No great deals to jump at. Will see what next month has to offer. I thought for sure i had a great deal working in Delaware with Price honda but i blew that deal after giving them a earful about something as stupid as his dealership name on the vehicle. Wont be the first or last time i piss off a dealership. Hopefuly some of you guys did better.

Brian

• wlfinancialwlfinancial Member Posts: 6
    Brian,

Which model are you looking to buy?

What is the best price so far?
    edited January 2013
    This has to be the Allstar of honda dealerships. They call me up at 6pm and say... If i come down to dealership with my best quote not only will they match it they will beat it by 500 dollars. In state/// out of State does not matter. From my lips to Gods ears may he strike me dead..
    i ask Why dont you give me your best price and we could avoid all this nonsense.

So i wind up faxing 2 of my price quotes for 600 and 625 under invoice after doc fee's. Not only cant they match either quote the manager then lies and says he wont beat it by 500. This is why i tell folks do not Negotiate sale price in these dealerships. If i was stupid enough to go down there i would of deserved what i got. These are the people we have to deal with in this industry. they prey on the weak and misinformed and will take advantage of every customer who is clueless. let me stop here and say godnight. LOL

• anagoreeanagoree Member Posts: 11
    I received below quote from Chicago Dealership. Can you suggest what could be best deal around Chicago land area.

Car Price: $23,128.83
    Documentation Fee: $164.30
    New Plates: $194
    EVR: 25
    Taxes : $1,706
  • augie23augie23 Member Posts: 4
    How did you figure the price is $607 below invoice? Edmunds shows the invoice price for a V6 EXL at $27,502 or $28,292 with the $790 destination charge.
    I wrote a check for 22,200. You can goto Rusty Wallice website and find out what's included in dealer package. Pretty straight forward. You need to find the right sales person. :)
    Its a LX, not a sports though.
    End of the month, shoot for end of the month. Dealers have to meet quota and they are eager to make deals. If you can wait till august, you will get great price for 2013. Rusty took my offer after beating around the bush for so long. My sales guy was great.
    The price was really $614 below invoice. i took the dealers sale price of vehicle and subtracted his doc fee's to get that price. the sale price was just under 875 below invoice price.

• michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    Brian's right. The only way to compare nationwide apples to apples is to take price plus doc fees. None of us can change our sales tax rate or DMV fees. My price plus doc fees was 27,272 but I got lucky and I live in the competitive California Bay Area.
    Mike
    Tell me about the Accord. I'm concerned about wind noise and quitness inside the cabin any issue's.
    How do you like the CVT Trans. does it shift smoothly.
    Do you find the outside Camera on mirrors useful.
    The heating and a/c units alot of honda's have terrible blowing capacity and are noisey..
    Most important question
    When my wife pisses me off do you think her screams from the truck would be heard in the cabin........LOL

• rock49rock49 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a sport in Bay Area for $22200. With $600 of Assessories included in price. Not sure how good of a deal it was but I'm happy with the car!
    Paid 26,991 plus 349 in doc fees. I went to Boch Honda West in Westford, MA.
    They were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Granted it was the last day
    Of the month. I highly recommend them!
  • linzeemplinzeemp Member Posts: 4
    I've been lurking here for a while, now about ready to pull the trigger. I'm now aiming for Presidents' Day weekend to email the sales managers and hopefully make a deal. Hoping the dealers will have some extra sales quotas to meet that weekend. If anyone has done a super deal in Central FL recently I'd like to know who you dealt with. Any suggestions as to how much under invoice my target price should be? 500 - 750? Thanks!
  • new_hondanew_honda Member Posts: 4
    Dealer is getting it done from local manufacturer, and all dealers here are doing the same thing. I have inquired 4 or them so far before settling for this.

Finally pulled trigger and completed purchase. Getting vehicle on Monday with leather seats.

Total walk out as mentioned : 22420/- with price before TTL 20169/-

Good luck...
  • austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    Dealer is getting what done locally? Or from local manufacturer?
  • hondaccord09hondaccord09 Member Posts: 14
    One thing I wouldn't do is to sign the contract prior to test driving or taking possession of the car.
    edited February 2013
    Take every dealerships doc fees and add them to the 750 below invoice price. Thats what your offer price should be. If the Honda corp. puts out a cash incentive of 500 this month add that number to the 750 price.

• peterb4upeterb4u Member Posts: 6
    Hi Kram
    I would really like to know dealer's name
    I contacted few today and none of them are willing to give me car for 22K "out the door".
    I will really appreciate ur help
    Thanks
    edited February 2013
    Peterb4u,
    Kram12 deal is bogus. You will be extremely lucky to find Accord Sport CVT in NJ for even 23.5K OTD. I was able to get one from Maryland for $23.5K OTD.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Anytime I think I may have retired too early all I have to do is go to one of these forums and read about someone trying to squeeze the last nickle out of a car deal. If 600.00 below a dealer's invoice doesn't represent a great deal than have fun out there.

You are making this very hard on yourself and some stores will REALLY jack with a customer like yourself.

I wish you well and, THANKS for making me enjoy my retirement all the more!
    Brian125's approach may be a little extreme but he is very helpful on this forum and trying to squeeze the last nickel out of the car deal got me the Accord Sports CVT for $2000 below invoice 2 weeks back.
    Unless things have changed in the past two years that store would have lost money doing that. UNLESS there were high doc fees or they undervalued a trade in etc.

My only point was the fact I didn't mind dealing with people trying to get a good deal. I stuck with this for 13 years and I sold a LOT of new Hondas.

The downright grinders were another story. I mean, life is short.

I once had a customer drive over 100 miles to "save" less than 100.00.

A lot of "experts" out there but in reality, it's the MARKET that will always determine pricing.

My advice is to ask friends, family and others for a referral. You will be treated like royality and, in the end you probably won't pay more.

It doesn't have to be a miserable long drawn out thing and you will be a happier person when it's a done deal.

I told several customers over the years..." I would rather NOT sell you a car than have you leave here unhappy"

I had a lot of repeat and referral customers.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28292
    I remember you from about 3 years go when i browsed the Accord forums (before i ended up with a Sonata). curious what you think of Weymouth Honda's approach to pricing and their amazing online lease disclosure. As a consumer, i find it a welcome approach. It's tough here in ohio to find anything close to weymouth, fitzmall, etc.
    Enjoy your retirement; surprised to see you back on here but it can be quite entertaining especially for you as a former sales dude...check out post 28253 for a good laugh:
    "All Weather Floormats/mud guards: $470"
    With a referral that package is only $275. And when the salesman winks at the manager that means ring the bell we have another herb for the month.

When every last penny has been wrung out of a deal some places will try to make a profit by selling accessory packages.

People have no idea of the HUGE overhead that a modern car dealership has. they don't care and they really shouldn't care.

But it's there and making a (gasp) profit isn't a bad thing.

I am enjoying my retirement and when I start to miss the business all I have to do is check out a "Prices Paid" forum and I thank you guys for that!
    Brian, I would have LOVED to have you as a customer!

I would have dropped you like a bad habit!
    edited February 2013
    I beg to differ . You probably would give me your best price and i would point out to you that your best price is xxx away from dealers xxx.. And this is the price that gets deal done with me. Do you want to meet or beat. Its a 2 min conversation at best and we both move on. Most people in this forum have no clue how to negotiate face to face with someone. In my 35 years of buying By phone or online i could write 2 best selling books on the slimy tactics and shady practices alot of dealers pull on folks.. lets not go there . .Being our prior conversations were deleted let me say I'm sure you are one of the few... of your dying breed that is honest and decent and does care about folks. More dealerships should try this.. It took me 1 hour yesterday to find honda's bottom line number on a 2013 Accord. I find nothing wrong with that. Yesterday i heard a lifetime of lies and fibs trying to get to that number. Like i said to you last month.. Just Playing your Game. Its not fun when the shoe is on the other foot .. Its not personal.............. just business in the real world.

Enjoy your retirement

• kishjkishj Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Hi rock49,

congrats.
    I am also looking for accord sport deals. Can you please provide the dealer and contact person details. I thought its a good deal.

Thanks
    Kishore
    Thanks Jammike for clearing it up
    Which place was that in MD?
    I read somewhere that on LX model, u can have leather interior for additional 850. Not sure if thats true
    It seems like a great deal with leather seats. Thats what im looking for LX with only leather seats
    What dealership was that?
    I called few places today but they said they cant do it 22K out the door. didnt even mention about leather seats
  • eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    @brian and isellhondas
    Brian is here cause he has no life or GF. And he takes his frustration out here because he got ripped off when he was 20yrs old because he paid a doc. fee that's the real story
  • austin198austin198 Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2013
    Ditto to your post, we'd have a lot more buying power if people didnt fork over hundreds extra dollars in fees and became smart shoppers. Funny thing is the people strapped for cash the most, living paycheck to paycheck and in a tight bind financially are often the ones who go shopping for a car on a Saturday and by noon are getting locked into a car payment they cannot afford with a ridiculous rate attached.

Do your homework folks, the most buyers should be paying now are 750 under invoice and like Brian said add your states doc fees to the 750 amount. As the months go by and we get closer to Memorial Day, prices should be going closer to 1000-1250 under invoice plus any incentives from Honda.
  • thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    I've bought Honda's since 1983 with the exception of 2 Nissans all from the same dealer. Only maybe twice have i had to ask the Dealer to give me $500 more on my on trades ins on Hondas. Buying Nissans were a little harder to deal with. I don't like to hassle with the dealer at all, they know what they need to make off the new car & trade in. Doing business with the same dealer has always paid off for me. The owner knows me & my wife by name the salesman always steers us to him, everyone in service knows us by our name as well.. No negoationing needed now. We bought a 2012 EXL w/Navi back in Oct. Got a heck of a deal. Dealers if they are any good at all & just wants to sell cars & make a living will give customer a good deal if the customer doesn't jew them down. Customers are wasting the sales persons time. Just my opinon.
    No, I wouldn't give you my "best price". that is the dumbest thing a store can do. You would take that price and gleefully shop it to death and you would cut my throat for 25.00.

Our store was different. I got lucky. We were family owned and treated like professionals. We had a lot of repeat business and that store has been the Number One Honda dealer in nine states for the past 32 years in a row.

In my final years there, the bulk of my business came from repeat and referrals.

I agree most stores aren't like that. They constantly turn over their staff and management. They have to deal with people who ONLY care about PRICE!

I could write a book too about dirtbag customers who lied about the condition of their trades and played every lowdown trick in the book.

But, I won't. The bulk of my customers were wonderful people and when I run into them today they are happy to see me.

You said car dealerships don't like you. Is your zeal in saving a few bucks worth that kind of stress?