Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mang1mang1 Member Posts: 9
    Commonwealth! Are you shopping or did you recently buy?
  • wrtoffwrtoff Member Posts: 7
    Just inked a deal at Honda Cars of Boston. 2013 Accord EXL v6 with Navi.

PURCHASE PRICE - $28,500 including all fees.
    FINANCING - 1.9% for 60 months
    TRADE - 2003 Civic coupe with 130k. $3,000 value. (Edmunds put it at $2,400)

Extras included- Trunk tray & Winter mats.

I negotiated with 4 Honda dealerships and Honda Cars of Boston beat the next best offer by $368 plus the extra.

I hope this helps anybody currently negotiating in the Boston area. I'm happy to share my experience for any of those that want to private message me.

Best of Luck with your research and car buying experience. :)
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    what was the sale price of the vehicle.......tks

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

TKS

• cristeeveecristeevee Member Posts: 3
    I bought the ex-l no navi for 28,200 otd but they made me add the extend 8 years warranty for an additional $2,300. I've had my car for less than a week. Is it too late to take it out? I really didn't want it.
    Cristee
    Sorry to hear about what your sleazy dealership did to you. Most dealerships always get over on a first time buyer.... Dealerships are good at that. Dont feel so bad very common practice. The bigger question is???????????

Why would you agree to something you did not want? $2300 Call the honda corp and tell them the dealership mislead and took advantage of you Tell them you want a refund or you will report that dealership to your state/ consumer complaint/ affairs board.
    Enjoy your new car............ good luck

• pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited February 2013
    REF: 28511
    "They made me"
    1. Did they hold a gun to your head?
    2. The price for that coverage is double what it should be. Unless you live in Florida, you can buy the same plan for half that price from two reputable Honda dealers.
    3. You don't have to buy it at the time of sale. You can buy it anytime during the 3yr/36k basic warranty.
    4. i hope you can unwind that screw job you got. Get to work!
    edited February 2013
    I guess if that last post was real we could assume

The Honda salesman are always looking to give us a fair price and not get over.
    THEY Have to make a profit to. I like to send our friend who buys $4 milk to that dealership so he could feel good about himself...... You just cant make this stuff up

You would think making her pay $1400 for what that coverage is worth but they went for the jugular.
    This was like a pitbull in the ring with a rooster. No chance at all
    Let the manager ring that bell again.. Good job Honda.

I got this from one of the Accord geek forums. Edmunds won't let me link to it but the info is worth reading:

"Thanks everyone for the great information. The thread should help many make the decision which may or may not be the same as mine.
    I think the main points are:
    1. Make sure it is Honda Care and not some Fly by Night Company.
    2. You do not have to get it at the time of sale.
    3. It is usually cheaper to get it from a different Honda dealer. http://hyannishondacare.com/ was the cheapest of the ones I looked at.
    I've a strong believer in being self insured. I get insurance for catastrophic things like health, home, and auto accidents. Auto accident is more that should I get sued up the wazoo then auto body damage. Being self insured means sometimes I will have to pay but over the long run, I will be well ahead. I was concern about the DI and CVT but the power train warranty which comes with the car is 5 years/60k miles. I also believe in Honda engineering.

Peace of mind means different things to different people. To me it means not spending money for something I did not need or want. I often spent money on things I did not need but wanted.
    At this time, I decided not to get Honda Care."
  • ar831ar831 Member Posts: 10
    I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Acord EX.

I “traded in” my 2010 Honda Crosstour lease that I owed 8 more payments of $391 on for a total owed of $3,128. There was no positive equity in the vehicle.

I have a 561 credit score (horrible credit because of my divorce)
    I put $1,500 down
    I got a 9.49% interest rate for 72 months
    Vehicle price including accessories, delivery and installation charges: $26,399.92
    Plus 6% tax, transfer of tag, 6 year or 72,000 mile warranty, 5 year tire warranty, tinted windows for a total of $29,262.03
    Payments come out to $535 a month

Did I get a good deal?
  • mihinkmihink Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    9.49% interest!! I hope you pay it off quickly. That is the higest APR I have seen on a new car over the last 10 years. Why did you buy a warranty, tire protection, tint, etc? Those are all huge $$$ money makers for the dealers and not worth it on a car like a reliable Honda.

I am sorry I have to say it..there's one born every minute
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    edited February 2013
    I bought the ex-l no navi for 28,200 otd but they made me add the extend 8 years warranty for an additional $2,300. I've had my car for less than a week. Is it too late to take it out? I really didn't want it.

I would like to know how to make someone buy something they don't want, but they still buy it. I will make a killing selling useless stuff for a great profit.

Was there a gun involved? Then it is a robbery.

Did they hold your child and would not release until you buy? Then it was a hostage situation.

Did they threaten to break your legs or "feed the fish in the East River"? Sounds like it may have been Tony Soprano.

Any one of the 3 scenarios above would nullify the contract under most states' laws, as you were not at free will to sign the contract at the time.

Anyway, read the warranty documents that you signed, and there should be cancellation policy. You have the documents, we don't.
    I recently purchased a 2013 Honda Acord EX.

I “traded in” my 2010 Honda Crosstour lease that I owed 8 more payments of $391 on for a total owed of $3,128. There was no positive equity in the vehicle.

I have a 561 credit score (horrible credit because of my divorce)
    I put $1,500 down
    I got a 9.49% interest rate for 72 months
    Vehicle price including accessories, delivery and installation charges: $26,399.92
    Plus 6% tax, transfer of tag, 6 year or 72,000 mile warranty, 5 year tire warranty, tinted windows for a total of $29,262.03
    Payments come out to $535 a month

Did I get a good deal?

Yes, a very good deal for the dealership!
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Let the manager ring that bell again.. Good job Honda.

Lol. He setting off fireworks on that one. :P
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    There used to be a board for "Help me, I am upside down on my car loan"

Financial down turn seems to have all but eliminated the ability for people to keep buying cars without having positive equity in their current one, or cash to break it even.

It seems like the economy is picking up and, based on a few recent posts, we will be having more people posting on the "Help me I am upside down on my car loan" in the near future.
    The friend that I brought with me told me that I should and after 8 hours in there, the dealer said I had two minutes to decide. Like I said first time car buyers, I gave into pressure. I found out I could've just prechase it later instead of paying for its interest now. And it's just 1,500.
    That V4 is hard to find; i doubt he'll go lower...

Let me tell you about the Honda V4. I had one in the 1983 Honda Magna, it had a V45 enigne with a 6 speed sequential transmission. It went 0-60 in 3 seconds!!!! It was faster than a Porsche 911 Turbo.

I can only imagine what a V4 30 years later will do.

If someone finds an Accord with a V4, they should grab it, and pay no matter what the asking price is, as long as it is not crippled by the automatic. those engines rev to 15,000 RPM, I am not aware of any Honda automatic, conventional or CVT capable of operating at 15,000 RPM.
    edited February 2013
    The friend that I brought with me told me that I should and after 8 hours in there, the dealer said I had two minutes to decide. Like I said first time car buyers, I gave into pressure. I found out I could've just prechase it later instead of paying for its interest now. And it's just 1,500.

8 hours? They should be paying you!

Was your friend there to help you? Has the friend had any experience buying a car? Did you or the friend read any of the guides on here on car buying?

What would have happened if you had just walked out after 8 hours?

Read the warranty documents. Hope that it is Honda Care, and if it is not, hope that it has Cancellation policy. Follow the policy to get your money back. Some states also have recission laws. Check your state laws.

Yes, lots of reading ahead. But, that is the only way to learn. You could have avoided the situation you got into by reading ahead of time. So, now you just have to read more to help you un-do what has been done.
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    first of all - i don't see the need for the rudeness on this forum to this girl and others! people come here for help - not to be put down or insulted! if you really feel the need to be mean people - do it somewhere else...

CHRISTEEVEE =]

we bought a honda accord a couple months ago (in south Florida - not sure if this is where you are also) and we were also FORCED by the dealer to take the Honda Care Warranty with the sale - they would NOT do the sale without the extended warranty - period

no smart [non-permissible content removed] replier before me - they did not "hold a gun to our head" but they did force us to take the warranty with the deal, because this is where they - the dealer and finance person - make $ - we asked repeatedly for it to be removed - but they would not do it

also - we asked the finance "lady" about removing it before we even signed the paperwork - she LIED TO US and said "sure, after you make 3 payments - come see me - i'll take it off for you" as if she was doing us a favor... please... we are NOT stupid! if we had listened to her and waited after 3 payments, which would have been way over 90 days because the first payment was put out 45 days - then we would be screwed and stuck - and of course - SHE would make her $$$ !

we went home and did our own research and immediately called Honda Care - thank goodness we learned after that we could remove it - and now i can share this great advice and finding with you CHRISTEEVEE!

on your contract, or with your paperwork, is the phone number for Honda Care - all you have to do is call them and tell them you don't want the warranty - they fax you a form (or mail it if you don't have fax) - you sign it, fax it (or mail it) back to them - and they remove the entire amount from your owed loan balance - yes, it is that easy - we did it (you have 60 days from the date of purchase to cancel the Honda Care warranty - it is stated on the back of the paperwork)

we were charged $1040 for a 60 month warranty we did not want - when we removed the Honda Care - which took them about a week - very quick! - it removed $1040 from our loan amount

so think of it this way: you paid $28200 for your car
    paid $ 2300 for your Honda Care warranty
    -- remove it
    and you actually paid $25900 for your car =]

this doesn't change the amount of your payments - but will mean that you will pay your loan off sooner!

depending on what your monthly payment is - and your interest rate - you can calculate it yourself when your loan will end

i know you are a first time buyer - but please do not feel badly - we bought our 29th car and this happened to us also. we drive a hard bargain - and we got it - but dealers are vicious sharks who will do anything to make their $$$

do you really see yourself keeping this car for 8 years? that's an awful long time...usually when you are young, you will not keep a car for 8 years - and you won't need the warranty - most things are covered under the regular, no cost Honda warranty that comes with your car anyway

if you have any questions - and if you are financed with Honda Financial Services - just call and ask them - we are financed through them and they are extremely nice and helpful in every call we have made - including when we cancelled the warranty - they did not give us a hard time at all

GOOD LUCK CRISTEEVEE

hope that i have helped you through what we went through as well
    =]
    i'm guessing you work for Honda and are a "salesman"

right?

didn't your mother ever tell you "if you don't have something nice or helpful to say, then say nothing at all" ???

obviously not...

yes, Honda dealerships, and every other auto dealer will never lose money - because even if they sold cars at below invoice - they still make the dealer hold back and dealer cash incentive from their parent company - only seasoned car buyers know this, do all their research and bring proof with them to the dealer, and can negotiate great deals (although many more people can do it these days thanks to the wonderful internet full of information for those less fortunate or less experienced)

this girl was a first time buyer - does that mean she should get mercilessly screwed by the Honda dealership and the "salesmen" and "finance" people just because she is inexperienced? NO!

wouldn't it be better for her to have a positive experience with the dealer where she did not feel screwed or taken advantage of so the next time she buys a vehicle she would WANT to return to the dealer instead of being afraid to do so?

i don't know what's wrong with you people in the auto industry, but you think that intimidation and scare tactics are going to work to make people want to buy your product or trust you?

it doesn't work - it scares most people into never wanting to go back to you - or to experienced people - pisses them off

why don't you try being a little nicer?

you know, doing it the old fashioned way - kissing a customers [non-permissible content removed] - as you should do - because it is them who are paying your salary!

another adage for you: "you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

ring that bell

enjoy your day =]
    blueiedgod can you please explain why so I can contact the dealer and let them know that I am unhappy.

Thanks!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It's hard (for me) to say what kind of a deal you got but you really buried yourself. Hopefully your new Accord will suit your needs for a long time.

With thoe lease payments I'm sure there was negitive equity in that Crosstour and that 1500.00 down payment wasn't enough to cover the gap.

So they rolled that into your new car.

With a 561 credit score, most conventional lenders wouldn't touch you so they financed you through a secondary lender. Not surprised at the rate they charged you.

Then you bought an expensive warranty and whatever a "tire warranty" is...never heard of that one!

Whew!
    wow this is such a rude and unhelpful reply...

would you want to hear this if this just happened to you?

probably not

why don't you post helpful advice instead of insulting this poor girl
    Not trying to be rude here but I am curious as to how anyone can be FORCED to buy an extended warranty?

Just say no and if they persist, simply walk out!

I'm sure glad I didn't work in a store like that!
    This is exactly what I was looking for thank you so much.
    again, another rude unhelpful post!

not everyone can have perfect 800-900 credit buddy

your statement is just - well - ludicrous!

"9.49% interest! i hope you pay it off quickly - that is the highest APR i have seen on a new car over the last 10 years"

i HIGHLY doubt it

you must be in the top 20% of the country as far as earnings, tax bracket, and credit score to even make such an uneducated statement

not everyone has the luxury of money or good credit

this country is still in economic despair - in case you haven't noticed - and divorce, foreclosure, credit card issues, and a host of other problems negatively affect the majority of this country's personal credit scores

in actuality this is not a bad interest rate for the credit score he stated that he has

depending on the state - they can charge an exorbitant amount of interest

in florida - the amount is up to 17.87% - on a new car

if the dealer really wants to, he can royally screw you if you need a car

so considering this guy got half that rate - it is not horrible

why don't you post helpful advice instead of insults?

thank you =]
    you are so very welcome!

glad that i was able to help you

good luck =]
    hello ar831

trying to calculate if you got a "good deal"

how much did you pay for the extended warranty?

tire warranty?

window tint?

as i just posted in another reply - if you really do not need the extended warranty and do not plan on keeping your car for 72 months - if it is Honda Care you can cancel it within 60 days of purchase and deduct this amount from your actual loan amount. (if you are financed with HFS it will not change your payment amount, just the length of time that you will pay - it will be less than 72 months in your case)

if you are able to you could also do this with the tire warranty (not sure as i do not know the terms or company)

if you chose to do either of these things, it would actually help you because it could reduce the amount of your loan - and you could then try to get a lower interest rate with someone else in, say, 6 months

not sure which state you live in? but here in Florida - if you go to a local credit union 6 months after you purchase your car - and show that you have made perfect payments - they will probably buy the loan.
    to help even more - open up a credit union account now and deposit checks or cash and show them you are financially responsible. they will give you a credit/debit card attached to the account also - which is just another way that you can help your credit score - because the credit union WILL report to the credit agencies every month - so potentially you are giving yourself 2 brand new credit items to add to repairing your credit

hope this helps =]
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    edited February 2013
    this country is still in economic despair - in case you haven't noticed - and divorce, foreclosure, credit card issues, and a host of other problems negatively affect the majority of this country's personal credit scores

If someone is in personal economic turmoil and has poor credit, buying a brand new vehicle might not be in their best interest. I say this as someone who bought a certified used vehicle for my last car so that I could pay cash for it. No finance charges, just a cashier's check. And no, I'm not from money - I earned a full scholarship to school and have worked since I was 18. I'm now 25. If I were not employed/salaried, I'd not be car shopping again, but my Sonata has over 100k miles on it now and will need to be replaced in the next year or two.

Whatever you do, demand a full price breakdown before signing ANYTHING. Price of car + fees + tax + finance costs if there are any. Then divide by your number of months. Check their math.

Car dealers are notorious for working based on payment instead of price - that's where they get you.
    Thank you islover! You have been very helpful with the credit union idea. I didnt know that they reports to your credit reports for a debit card. I will definately take that into consideration.

Warranty is $1,382

Tire Warranty - $301

Tints - I think around $150

I reside in South Florida. I contacted the dealership and they advised that they included the $3,128 that they are paying off for my lease into the total selling price. They way they put it made me feel like im only paying finance charges on the 3,128 payoff and they will pay it off for me but in reality im financing the payoff. They said they didnt make anything on the deal and actually lost $235. They said the selling price of the vehicle is actually 23,000 and change.

Thanks for all your help!
  • ejakabejakab Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2013
    NEVER believe a dealer who complains that he lost money on a sale! They are not a charity, they are a for-(a-lot-of-)profit business.
    edited February 2013
    REF: islover
    "wow this is such a rude and unhelpful reply...
    would you want to hear this if this just happened to you?
    probably not
    why don't you post helpful advice instead of insulting this poor girl"

I know i should but i just can't let this go. These forums are supposed to be informative and money saving for consumers. Most of my posts are helpful and geared towards lease calculations. I also frequent two of the Accord geek sites where i just recently joined as i am researching the new Accord for my next purchase. Just yesterday, i got into a discussion about extended warranties on the other site and was extremely helpful to a guy who overpaid for a non-Hondacare extended warranty. He was upset that he signed the contract for the warranty not knowing that it was from AWS and not Honda. Those of us on the thread firmly suggested that he read the docs and use the cancellation policy to unwind the screwjob. He went back to the dealer and they reluctantly agreed to cancel the extended warranty and he is getting 100% of his money back.

With regards to the current discussion, i can't believe that people exist who feel "forced' to do something stupid against their will. Here today we have two separate examples, one a first-time car buyer and one a poor-credit situation. In both cases, the outcome is not at all favorable to the consumer.

You would want us geeks on here to pussyfoot around the fact that these two individuals (i don't care what sex or how young they are) made POOR CHOICES in their car buying process. Were we harsh? - yes. Will they learn from this? - probably. Could we be nicer? - absolutely.

I am self-censoring my final comment so the mods won't delete this post...
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Not trying to be rude here but I am curious as to how anyone can be FORCED to buy an extended warranty?

I thought same. Looked to be a bogus post. Guess not. I guess original poster was lucky dealer didn't make her pay full retail. :confuse:
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    It seems like honda doesn't had much discount on president day weekend. I did not see any deal except financing option. The best offer that I got was 20400 with doc fees.

If anybody purchase the vehicle on president day please post the prize before tax.
    My mom and dad use to tell me to try and make this world a better place. There are alot of people who are out to mislead,scam and hurt you in this world. Try to make a difference. If you go to work .. Make a honest days living. If someone needs a hand you lead them. Family, trust, and our American values are going out the window these days. Money, greed and power are taken over in this country. lets [non-permissible content removed] on the little guy.

I actually like ISLOVER post and his assessment maybe not so much [non-permissible content removed] kissing being more honest and forthright. gotta ring that bell 2x for him.

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    Received a OTD quote from Fowler Honda, Norman, OK for EX-L:

$24,941 for EX-L
    $359 for decklid spoiler

$25,300 OTD

What do you think?
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    You have the wrong idea about OTD. Out the Door price should include taxes, doc fees, title and tags.

Your price ($25,300 plus any doc fees, prep fees etc.) is the sale price. It's about 1400 to 1500 below invoice, I think that's a great price for the EX-L. Just make sure you dont get screwed over with warranties, additional options or financing.
    I'll buy TTL at a tag agency of my choice. Excise tax is 3.25% and upto $140 registration fee.
    Cash deal and Honda Care is $635 for 6 yrs/100k miles from Hyannis Honda.
    edited February 2013
    Negotiate that rear deck lid spoiler. You could get it for $299 in most dealerships installed.. you could purchase it online for as cheap as $203. I would think that deck lid is alot cheaper than $203 at dealers cost. I have negotiated the deck lid for 250 installed at several dealerships. The installation is 2 springs if your somewhat handy. Buy part and install your self.

If only a Honda cash incentive would kick in...
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    Auto dealers always make money? Then why have so many dealerships folded. I’ve owned three different homes and all of them were in walking distance to a dealership. The Chevy dealer near my first home closed, the Pontiac dealer closed up years before GM dropped the brand, and the Ford dealer down the road from where I now live closed about ten years ago. Plus, the dealership that sold me a Mazda dropped Mazda a few years ago.
    Perhaps that fate hasn’t been shared by any Honda dealerships but I’m sure some are hurting due to over-expansion while others are having difficulty competing because they haven’t expanded enough. And I’m sure some dealerships are struggling with the interest they are paying to finance their dealership purchase.
    Now I do think everyone in the auto sales business is ethically challenged. Even our friend isellhondas, though he may be in the 99th percentile in the ethics scale among those in the business. But Brian, even if a dealer accepted one of your lowball offers, I think your first inclination would be that Honda must now be offering a new incentive, and you would start emailing other dealers instead of immediately asking for that buyers offer. And I wouldn’t blame you for taking that approach, though it is my opinion that a face to face negotiation would get you a price lower than anything a dealer would ever put in writing in an email. But while you complain about how the industry works, isn’t it really to your advantage? If it was like buying an appliance, everyone would essentially be paying around the same amount, with some saving a few bucks and others spending a few more. But whenever you do pull the trigger, I’m sure you will be getting a good deal that wouldn’t be available to you unless less sophisticated or experienced buyers were over-paying for their cars.
    edited February 2013
    Agreed on your assessment but not about the face to face buying or how i buy. If i send out 20, 30 emails i'm looking for the market price first. Not what other people are saying on here.. Then i target dealerships that sell in higher volume to work my best possible deal. Here in new york/ New jersey the market price is between 400 to almost 700 below invoice price for Models, exl v4, v/6 or touring model. Maybe on the last days of the month you may have a dealer looking to push one off his lot alittle cheaper. Whether i'm face to face or on the phone does not matter when you are willing to buy that moment your calling. A sale is a sale regardless. If you learn the tricks of the car trade dealers who sell in numbers will give you there bottom line price hoping to get your business on that last day.
    There is a reason why Chevy, and pontiac are out of business. Crappy cars.. majority of folks would rather buy a [non-permissible content removed] vehicle. I must say thou American cars have gotten alot better the last 5 yrs. i like what chevy and buick have done.

REF: 28516 (ar831)
    I am trying to work out the numbers on your deal. I am left with $1029 for tax and tags. Is this possible? Did they calculate the 6% tax on the difference between your trade and the new EX?

I also ran the bankrate.com auto loan calculator using your numbers: $29262, 9.49% apr and 72 month term. Sadly, the $535 per month payment is correct.

At the risk of coming across as a [non-permissible content removed] (again), it seems you traded a $391 lease payment (with 8 months remaining) for a $535 loan payment (for a very long 72 months). You never mentioned whether there was something wrong with the crosstour (high miles, poor condition, etc.) which might justify the transaction. Otherwise, this was truly a bad decision on your part.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    I didn't know the details for Oklahoma, my bad. That sounds like a great deal. I wouldn't push it with a lower price on the spoiler, since you're getting a great deal overall. Btw, is this price the result of a long negotiation process ?
    pegasus, do you understand how leases work?

The lessor was responsible for the remaining lease payments.

Had he/she kept the car until the lease ended and assuming the car wasn't damaged or had excessive miles he/she could have simply walked away.

And not had a car to drive.

Probably the wisest thing that could have happened would have been to keep it until lease end and walked away.

Then used the 1500.00 to put down as a down payment on something else.

I owuld have suggested a lesser car. Perhaps a Civic or an Accord LX. Nobody "needs" a sunroof or some of the other trivial accessories that come on the EX.

I would have skipped those warantees and the tint job and taken a more conservative approach. But...that's me.

The deal has been done. It's not the end of the world. He/she ahs a nice car to drive and next time wiser decisions will probably be made.
    I was a actually almost over the miles. I wanted to trade in the lease for a finance so I don't have to worry about miles and pay for a car I want to keep for a long time. I spoke to the car salesman today and he advised that the price of the vehicle was 23k and change but added the 3k of my last 8 payments. He said my crosstour was actually $1500 or so under but they never charged me for it only for my remaining payments. He said crosstours are rarely selling as new so the value of a used one is not so good. I can afford the new payment, I was mostly inquiring about the deal I got. Considering I have so much against me like my credit n a car with no equity it seems like an ok deal to me. I plan on paying off the car sooner then 72 months and there's no prepayment penalties. I will also see if I can refinance when my credit gets better. Thank u everyone for ur comments!!!
    REF: 28552 (for isellhondas and others)
    1. Yes, i am fully aware that he is responsible for the remaining 8 payments of the closed-end lease.
    2. If the purpose of this forum is to help consumers and not make silly mistakes, then there is a lot to learn from this example. I feel bad that this person is in a [non-permissible content removed] situation. However, if we could turn back time, would we:
    a. buy the EX instead of the LX (or a Civic)?
    b. buy the unnecessary extended warranty at the time of sale? BTW, Florida may not allow purchases of warranties from out-of-state dealerships.
    c. buy a tire warranty?
    d. tint makes a lot of sense in FL
    e. despite having sub-optimal credit, shop around for a car loan before going to a dealer (at least he could have brought some lube)

3. Lastly, think twice before posting on a public forum and asking the proverbial question,
    "Did i get a good deal?"

Please, people, ask first before you take the plunge...
  • jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    Honda Care is $635 for 6 yrs/100k miles from Hyannis Honda - This is 0 Deductible or $100 Deductible ?
    HondaCare $100 deductible, 6yrs/100K miles for $635.