Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• huskerfan5huskerfan5 Member Posts: 165
    But it is surprising they would take a step back in their test results.
    Incidentally, there aren't any minimum crash standards. The NHSTA sets standards for some components of cars like rearview mirrors and brake fluid, but there's no minimum threshold a car needs to meet in a crash test. Probably still some one star pickup trucks on the road.
  • bestcarsdealbestcarsdeal Member Posts: 2
    hey, michaelvox, I live around the bay area too. Where did you buy the 2013 EX-L V6 and get the zero % finance?
  • jenks0728jenks0728 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Without destination u got that quote... Was wondering if the 1.9 financing is negotiable with the financing dept once u go to sign papers n get the car
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    I want to buy a Accord Sedan LX and I live in NJ. I want to close the deals in couple of days.
    Can anyone help with the price OTD
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    Do u live in NJ or close to NJ, I want to buy an accord LX soon, please help
  • tristan21tristan21 Member Posts: 2
    I am close to pulling the trigger on an exl v6. Has anyone had any problems with the vcm or any other issues?
  • michaelvoxmichaelvox Member Posts: 25
    The best financing Honda offered was 2.49, which I used to get the $500 in flex cash or whatever they call it. I had already set up PenFed at 1.49 and quickly paid off the first loan with the second loan.

I purchased from Honda of Morgan Hill.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited February 2013
    You should be able to get a 2013 Accord LX CVT for at least $2000 off of list. And if you're financing, Honda is offering 1.9% for 60 months until March 4th.

List for an LX CVT $23,270, and so c. $21k flat + Tax, title, and license is a good starting point. You might be able to do a little better, but that's probably the ballpark.

Try

www.carwoo.com

dealers in your area compete for your biz and give you offers. If a dealer c. 100 miles away offers you an LX CVT for $20,500, for instance, you might be able to get your local dealer to match that.

But my 2 cents is not to get tangled up spending hours and driving hundreds of miles to save a few hundred bucks. Just get a good deal on a great car and call it a day.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • vba123vba123 Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    Took your advise.
    I am also trying to work with few dealers locally to see if anyone can match or come close. I prefer to make the deal via email and thru phone. Finally I see some dealers being flexible about moving their inventory. From what I see If you can wait another month by March End, there will be deals and incentives better than this month.
    But I want to get the car this week. People who are willing to wait are going to get better deals than us.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    I understand you. I wanted to wait because of this. I know there are dealerships that will be willing to seal the deal by thursday.

I also have no choice but to get it now. I am not done yet, but hope to be soon. Good luck!
    I live in NYC. I also want to close the deal this week. I was looking for OTD of $22500.00 with 8.875% tax tag and doc fee.
    My current offer I have is for $22750 OTD from out of state

For You in NJ you should look for OTD (with Taxes and All Fees) of $22300-22800. In that range it should be considered good deal.

Because of the bad weather I see dealers whom i have contacted are willing to work with you. Either that or I guess this week Honda is offering dealers incentives that we dont know yet.

I do not know how to contact someone privately on this forum? Can someone please help.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    I see many people on this forum using the prices from this dealer to negotiate with other dealers. No dealers in my Northeast area are willing to come anywhere near Weymouth's price. They all sing the same tune, "that is below cost. No one can sell you a car for that price. The prices you are seeing are not what you think they are".

And so, my question is, has anyone actually purchased from this dealer? Where there any issues or surprises? I am considering making the couple of hour drive to save $1k and would appreciate any reviews on them.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited February 2013
    Ziggy
    Call Yonkers honda. Speak with Bill Internet manager. He is on his game.
    Tell him to match or come close to your offer and you will buy from him.
    Check his inventory first.
    Weymouth doc fees............239
    Ny doc fee's.......................75

Let him know I'm waiting on him to lower his distressed vehicle price and i will buy from him also...........LOL

Post how you made out.

Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

My last post was for you with Yonkers honda.
    you said your in the nyc area..

• evped2evped2 Member Posts: 21
    Just purchased an Accord sedan EX manual at Herb Chambers in Massachusetts for $22,989 plus tax, title, and reg. Great experience with dealership. Not a great price, but there are very few of these around. About 5 (Modern Steel) in New England. Very happy with the deal.
  • downloadprjdownloadprj Member Posts: 2
    Dealer: Anderson Honda in Palo Alto CA
    Original OTD price: $25,800
    What i paid...
    Car price: $22,700
    OTD: $25,040

The dealers here claim this particular model has very low availability.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    great price!
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • extoyotaextoyota Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I have just started looking and yet to test drive the Accord although I come from the "Honda family" and have great opinion on their products :)

Can anyone tell me what should be a realistic price point for a V6, Auto, EX-L with Navigation in the Midwest? I haven't purchased a *NEW* car in a looooong time and seeing the MSRP on this configuration, I am debating between the Accord versus a CPO Acura TL (I personally like the tech on the Honda better though).

Thanks in advance!!
  • jbond76jbond76 Member Posts: 2
    First OTD depends on the state you are purchasing in. In OK OTD will never include taxes as they are defined as Excise Tax and is not between the dealer and consumer but rather that is between the state and the consumer. Now that being said in TX where the tax on a car purchase is defined as sales tax then OTD will always include the tax as it is between the dealer and the consumer.
  • jbond76jbond76 Member Posts: 2
    Everyone needs to keep in mind that there are no cookie cutter car deals. Every car deal is unique, and in order for a dealer to take a losing deal there have to be positive deals. At some point somebody has to pay because the car business isn't a non-profit business. fair deal I think is $500.00 profit for the dealer combined with convenience and customer service. Its always so funny to read comments from people that clearly no nothing about how the car business really works. There are no two invoices and yes dealers lose real money on car deals.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    brian, thanks for the tip on Yonkers, I will post again when my deal is final, but it's pretty much as you said!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited February 2013
    " and yes dealers lose real money on car deals"

We never did.

A lot of strickly price shoppers care nothing about convenience and customer service. All they are focused on is PRICE.

Of course, later these same people are first in line demanding warranty service from the store that wanted 200.00 more on a car deal.

I had to be very careful when I walked a customer over price. If we just couldn't make a deal and they told me another store would I had to pick my words carefully.

I would say, "

well, if they can really sell you that Accord (or whatever) for that price, I would jump all over it since they would be loosing money but if anything should change when you get there, please remember me and the way you were treated here"

I knew that if I was the least bit flippant that they would never give me the satisfaction of returning. I had to be very careful with my words.

Sadly a lot of these people, weary from the process would just cave in and give the store that lied to them over the phone or made a "mistake" the car deal.

Such is the car business....

" Don't count the be-backs, you count the green backs"
  • drezheredrezhere Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone, I have a dealer offering me a 2013 Honda Accord EX sedan CVT for $25,500 OTD if I buy it before close of business Thursday. What do you think? Thanks!
    What state?
    Please can you post the breakdown.
    I called and Asked for Bill. He is in used car.
    New Car Manager told me He cannot come close to my price.
  • drezheredrezhere Member Posts: 12
    Here is the info for my quote on a 2013 Acccord EX with CVT:
    State: VA
    MSRP: $26,195
    Sale price: $24,000
    Tax: $790
    Processing: $599
    Tags/Registration/Title: $65.75
    Total: $25,500
    You should be able to get the car from MD Dealers for around $23000 and $199 doc fee.
    If you are willingly to drive then get a price quote from Anderson Honda in Baltimore.
  • bestcarsdealbestcarsdeal Member Posts: 2
    I am around the Bay Area. I checked the dealership website and found the price details below. I haven't sent out the quote request to the internet manager yet. I would like to find out what is the below invoice price to ask for. Any suggestions?

MSRP: $28,785
    Dealer Discount: $2,104
    True Price: $26,681
    Question? Why a dealership would have to mail a copy of their bill of sale?
    I know that i need to get a copy at the time of purchase. Is this fishy?
    isellhondas, any input from you or anyone will be appreciated.

I was told that by a dealership out state. They will collect taxes and mail me a copy of the bill of sale and cut a check so i can pay my taxes in my State??? does this sound fishy??

Any help appreciated, thanks.
  • wlfinancialwlfinancial Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    You should target around
    $25,200(destination fee included).
    My bad Internet sales mngr. Rich from Yonkers honda

edited February 2013
    Which state did you purchase vehicle?????? what state r you in

Did dest /Charge go up............ last month it was $790. Dealer told me 830.

Can someone confirm this charge?

Brian

Try Honda of New Rochelle. Had Great Experience. They had one day sales event. But I had till Thurs to get the deal.

I finalized deal with them on Honda Accord LX. They matched the price.

Went to visit and put deposit. Waiting for my color to arrive.

Sales Manager is Patel. Sales Person who processed the transaction is Tinu Thomas.
    Initial Internet Inquiry and Pricing which was approved by Patel was done by Kenny.

All three of them were Professional and Upfront with me. No Sales Pressure.
    And Pleasant to Deal with.
    edited February 2013
    what was the doc fee charge? 790 or 830.

I spoke with New Rochelle last month

Pricing is not as good on a exl v-6. LX models are selling alot cheaper.

My target price is between 725 to 800 below invoice with no doc fee's.

If i could pull this sale off in my area i will buy tomm.

edited February 2013
    I think $790 but not sure.
    I paid the price that includes the destination. It was mentioned together in Sales Order. The price I negotiated included the destination.

If you are willingly to buy tomorrow last day of the month, they will do it for sure. My experience was pleasant with them. I think you will be satisfied.

Speak to Tinu Thomas.
    No purchase yet, buying in MD registration in PA. he told me that the lender needs to make sure that the lien is placed in the title. They will give me a copy of the bill of sale the day of delivery (which is in the next few days). At least he clarified. The salesman seems honest, but I want no surprises at any given point. Thanks for any input.
    My buyer's order says 790 and I will take delivery technically next month not sure if it is supposed to go up, but all dealers that gave me a quote gave me the $790 dest fee. Double check but I wouldn't believe is the case yet.
    I had 2 dealers tell me dest/ charge went up. most dealers are on that 790 price.............tks

edited February 2013
    It is $790 on cars on the dealers lot and in transit.
    If Dealers told you $830 than probably it went to $830 on new factory orders.

Usually you can find this information by google since the companies announces it in Advance.
    you mean most not some...........lol

edited February 2013
    Yes most Lol.

Anyways If they increase destination or Invoice going forward then those will be offset by better incentives.
    As of My current need i had the ballpark OTD and I was able to get that. I was satisfied with the local deal. I had slightly better deal outside which I was ready to drive this weekend. Most dealers in our area are not willing to work with you.

It is your choice. The more you wait better the deals will get. If you really want the car right now which was my case then work with target OTD price and close the deal if they come near that figure.

Let me how it worked out. Good Luck.
  • miteshonlmiteshonl Member Posts: 12
    Hey vba123,

How much you paid for Accord LX? Can you please break the prize before the tax? I want to book the deal in this week.

Thanks.
    edited February 2013
    Dont laugh.
    Tonight at 815pm I'm going to call one dealer on my cell phone and try to close the deal with him while driving to another dealership to buy the Accord. I could bet my life that in 30 mins we could make a deal inside that dealership before they close.. There is just to many Accords on these lots in this area..

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    Brian,

Right on! I like your style. I bet you get $1500-1800 off of invoice!
    Good luck and report back.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    BTW

Hyannis is going up $50 tomorrow on all coverages.
    NOT in my area... doc fee's are only 75...so 700 to 800 below invoice is the market if that. dealers that have 15 or 20 of your models would be more inclined to push one off there lot a little cheaper Today. like i've been saying in prior post you have to find that dealer.. i think i'm going to rest my mouth before tonights party..

Correction on last post.... N.Y markets... have been between 400 to 675 below Invoice with doc fee's added to bill of sale..

Plus doc $75 taxes dmv

Tinu Thomas was my salesperson
    Patel is the manager
    Honda of New Rochelle
    edited February 2013
    Give them a try you can sure get $800 minus invoice
    If done by today. That was their deadline on my deal.