Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• naidugnaidug Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2010
    Congrats for getting at 33.9k for Touring.
    This is the best price I have seen and I am getting offers 2k above this plus TTL.

I got 2011 quotes and dealers started from MSRP 2 days ago and now came down to invoice price. I am expecting to give additional incentives below invoice price.
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    see below from guttay, got the Touring for under $34K, WE ARE IN A RECESSION PEOPLE, Don't let the dealers FOOL you into believing that the *NEW* Odyssey is a prime vehicle made out of GOLD, and you have to pay FULL MSRP for it, Don't be fooled by their jargons...!!

Now's the time to get great deals on anything you want, you can always THREATEN to leaving their dealer to buy purchase a Toyota Sienna, stand up and walk out, the salesmen will bight into your ankles as you drag their lifeless bodies across the showroom floor heading toward the doors....!! :P
  • cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    Here is Consumer Reports current bottom line pricing for 2010s:
    LX - $23,041
    EX - $25,780
    EX-RES - $27,194
    EX-L - $28,873
    EX-L RES - $30,287
    EX-L RES&NAVI - $32231
    Touring - $35,368

There are reports of people getting lower so dealer are giving up some of the true hidden profits.
  • dogsambamdogsambam Member Posts: 69
    Are you saying invoice pricing on the 2011?
  • fixmixfixmix Member Posts: 11
    Thats what I am going to do --- buy below invoice is my mantra for any 2011. Even luxury models are selling below invoice? Why shouldnt this minivan? Start at $1000 below invoice and as time goes by drop it even further.
  • chidogchidog Member Posts: 2
    Are the bottom line Consumer Reports prices before the $1500 cash back or after?
  • kfg1kfg1 Member Posts: 2
    Is there a current Factory to Dealer Incentive for 2010 Odyssey? If so, does anyone know how much it is?

I am looking to buy a 2010 EX and would like to have that info before I buy.

Thanks
    I would assume consumer reports price is after all incentives.
  • cheapskate8cheapskate8 Member Posts: 34
    Thats right after incentives...bottom line is bottom line except true dealer hidden incentives.
  • luvinlifeinflluvinlifeinfl Member Posts: 19
    I test drove the 2011 EX-L with RES today and loved it but the dealership was firm on selling only at sticker price. Has anyone been offered a deal on the 2011? I feel like Im buying blind right now as car buying services are not quoting for the 2011 yet and consumer reports haven't got the 2011 listed and don't plan to for at least 2 more weeks.
  • kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52
    do not pay the sticker price, dealer would make $2k at invoice and $5k at sticker. Basically they make 5k out of 35k product, this is a rip-off. Be patience so we all benefit few months later.
  • chidogchidog Member Posts: 2
    Dealer offered $30,986 for 2010 EX-L with RES today. This equates exactly to invoice minus $1500 cash incentive. Car had dealer-added wheel locks, mud flaps, cargo liner w/ "sticker" of $500, which essentially are thrown in for "free".
  • sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    Same in Jersey. A Central Jersey volume sales dealer offered me for MSRP for a touring package. They are not ready to negotiate at all.
    To your question "Has anyone been offered a deal on the 2011?"
    Yes, I got the following quotes for 2011, just wait for few more days to see reduction in your area.

New
    Year Model MSRP sale Price
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L $35,230.00 $32,135.19 +TTL
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES $36,830.00 $33,581.01 +TTL
    2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi $37,230.00 $33,942.46 +TTL

old model
    2010 Honda Odyssey Touring $41,535.00 $35,517.50 +TTL
    Oh, they WILL NEGOTIATE ALRIGHT, HOLD THE LINE LIKE AN EARLIER POST, wait till the September car buying data comes out for September in October. August was the WORST MONTH for car sales since 25 years ago. September numbers did not get any better, HOLD THE LINE, DON'T BUY UNTIL THESE NUMBERS COMES OUT....Remember this vehicle IS NOT MADE OF "GOLD"
  • wiu_bimmerwiu_bimmer Member Posts: 5
    What dealership are the 2011 quotes you posted coming from?
    Really interested, I'm in Atlanta and would fly anywhere in the country to get those deals.
  • luvinlifeinflluvinlifeinfl Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for all the feedback. I will definately wait until they are more willing to negotiate.
  • hdjhdj Member Posts: 1
    We are in Jax, FL and our closest dealer had one 2011 touring in stock. We test drove it, loved it and then went to deal. Not only did they want full MSRP but they had added a $2000, "protection pkg" (mudflaps, liners, pin stripe) and would only budge $500 off that addition. They would not accept any less than $43,000 for a touring with an MSRP of $41,535. We walked and they let us, no hesitation. Guess we will just have to wait it out and try other dealers.
    Hdj,

You are not that far away from Daytona Beach, drive to Jon Hall Honda in Daytona Beach, or call and ask for Kurt Frank--they are good people there. With "NO" dealer add-on BS Rip-Off stickers. They will work with you, you won't be dissapointed. I purchased 2 cars from them.

Good Luck.
    I just closed an odyssey Touring yesterday at MSRP in central Jersey. I think Truffle is the only dark interior available on the 2011's. I really didn't want the lighter grey or beige simply because those colors are not for kids. Too bad they discontinued black interior.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    the touring navigation does not have text to speech???? Can I do something about it???
    The 2011 touring has the Song By Voice feature. May be not on 2010.
    Which dealer in So. Cal and who is offering at invoice? I would start at 1000 $ below invoice. Invoice for this car is RIP-off. So just walk for now..
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    hmmm....that is a nice feature but does not help me answer my original question :(
  • bogohobogoho Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2010
    Purchased for 28691+150+ttl.

Smooth txn, got them to knock off 500 from initial email price.

Milwaukee Wisconsin dealers, on the other hand, love the precious vans in their lot more than selling to their customers. Trying to convince me it is a complete waste of time to price match over email, and 28500 is 1k above actual cost, unrealistic! They are selling like hotcakes at current price, it'll be gone tommorrow!

Reply to them, the van may sell tommorrow, just that the commission is not coming from me, and into your pocket. Maybe the van will be sold by the floor sales, just not by the inet manager that just doesn't get it.

Id recommend ppl to try dealers with ample inv and willing to negotiate price, rather than playing psychological games.
    Houston Area
  • kat60kat60 Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2011 today for $1000 over invoice on EX. They put in all-weather package with mudflaps, rubber mats as per my deal request.

The car buying service price will be this and should be online to print and prove in next couple of weeks. Participating dealers have likely set these already, so ask if you do not wish to wait. Invoice on the EX is 28,042, MSRP is 30,950. Not including delivery.

Pohanka Honda in Stafford, VA

Last night, a touring left the lot for $100 under MSRP. Suckers.

Probably could have waited and done a bit better, but drove my 2002 bought in 2001 and it needed brakes, tires, windshield cracked . . . . just wanted this one in this color and went for it. LOVE IT!
    edited October 2010
    Thank you all for sharing lot of great information in this forum. I would not have made this deal without this great community here so I would like to give back something by sharing this.
    I purchased Touring today after lot of research in the last few months.
    Model: 2010 Odyssey Touring
    MSRP: $41,465.00
    Purchased price: $35,400 (including add-ons)
    TTL: $2,600
    OTD Price: $38,000
    Loan: 2.99% from the dealer, no down payment requirement.
    Dealer: Honda of Lake Jackson – Houston area http://www.hondaoflakejackson.com/
    That had free add-ons and protection package (they claim $799 but definitely worth $400)
    Wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray, window tint, pin stripe, 5 yr auto theft protection, etc.
    Most dealers were charging for these add-ons but I got them for free so I thought I got Touring for almost $35k if add-ons were extra which is almost 6.5k less than MSRP.

I had a great experience at this dealer, salesperson Thomas was a very friendly guy and no gimmicks at all, very straight forward. He reduced $1000 from his original quote through email/phone negotiation. I went with pre-approved loan from Chase at little above 3% but they beat the rate and gave me at 2.99% for 60 months but the loan was not from Honda, dealer said he got approval from Chase. Doesn’t matter to me whether Honda financing or Chase, happy that got both incentives. I didn't ask them about financing until I closed the deal.

One note,
    I saw 2011 Odyssey EX-L and it looks great and very impressive. I read lot of negative feedback on this forum on 2011 but I thought 2011 looks better than 2010. I asked my wife how it looks when compared before telling my opinion and she said the same what I thought. I feel like some people gave their personal bias it seems. Anyway, I am not trying to blame those, but giving my true opinion. Let us not argue on this comparison, just keep this forum live with real purchase price and experience which is valuable for future aspirants.

Another note, there were no customers at all at the dealer during my entire stay for 4 hours, don’t know how dealers survive if there are no customers. I am sure the auto prices will fall quickly if economy doesn’t recover soon.

Good luck all those who are in market.
    Regards,
    Chandra
  • loveodyloveody Member Posts: 10
    I own a 2001 Ody and was looking for changing it earlier this year. However, decided to wait until 2011 is out, specially was waiting on its pricing. Earlier this week, had a look at it. Liked its interior and will get used exterior. However, I was not willing to pay the price anywhere close to MSRP. Hence, decided to grab 2010 Touring instead, specially when available at clearance prices. I got it for $34,101 plux tx, ttl, docfees. Total OTD price $36,830. Does not include any dealer accessories though. He was asking additional $199 for splash guards and additonal price for other accessories. I instead ordered them at amazon.com and waiting to receive in next 3-4 days. Amazon is selling Honda Splash guards for $90.

I was going to have my own financing arrangment, however, checked with him on Honda's financing and learnt that it provides 2.9% if you do not take $1500 cash back. I opted to take $1500 (included in my price above) However, he checked other options and provided me 3.44% for 72 months, no down payment. This was less than what I had arranged from my banker.

Our area is almost sold out on $2010 Touring models. I feel lucky to find the color that I was looking for and at the price I paid.

I used this forum to research my options. Keep it up and continue to share your experiences.
  • lalexopouloslalexopoulos Member Posts: 9
    where did you buy this? what color did you go with? I just leased a polished metalic with black with an agreed sale price of $36150.00, that is $1500 less then the 2008 I just sold.

we went to Pittsburgh for it, almost 4hours from here. sold the 2008 prematurely thinking we would love the 2011, ugly as sin! decided to go back to what truly is the most beautiful minivan on the road.

found a custom car build shop who will turn the middle fixed seat/console into a sliding seat and make it recline more. they failed to think about the 6th passenger when they designed this model. personally the only thing I feel is wrong with it form the factory.
  • loveodyloveody Member Posts: 10
    In Dayton OH. The color is polished metal metallic. Looks like you are in midwest. Which city?
  • mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21
    Do we need to factor in the Destination charge (which Edmunds puts at $780) on top of the invoice price?

I am still holding out for a good deal on a 2011 Touring. So far only $500 off MSRP.
  • wiu_bimmerwiu_bimmer Member Posts: 5
    Polished metal metallic with black interior
    Mileage 24
    Price $34,720.48
    Doc Fees 587
    Lemon law tax 3
    Taxes (7%) 2,471.52
    Title fee 18
    Total price Out the door: 37,800

The minivan has the following extras: Protection care package (Pretty much waxed the car), lock nuts and mud covers
    Visited this dealer three times

Overall we are happy with the deal and hope the minivan holds its value ok
    This was at Carey Paul Honda in Snellville, GA. I believe this was their last Touring.
  • dyer3dyer3 Member Posts: 1
    Same here, still holding out for a good deal on a 2011 Touring. Dealerships in Maryland & Virginia have only one car for demo purposes! 41535 MSRP (including destination) + Tax, Tag & processing fees was the quote I received! After negotiation, verbal offer was 39800 + destination, tax, tag & proc fees. My offer is 38,000 on road.
  • leaf001leaf001 Member Posts: 10
    Where did you find these prices? I'm still waiting for the car buying services (consumer reports, USAA, etc) to update their databases with the 2011 information.
    The prices you quoted are pretty low compared to what I'm looking at.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter hopes to interview someone who recently bought or shopped for a new minivan in the Boston area. If you care to share your story, please email your daytime contact info and a word about your experience to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, October 8, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    Any opinions onwhat should I pay for exl+res+nav OR exl+re
    In the baltimore/DC area or in the tampa area, also the price , does it include dest?
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    Any thoughts on $409 per month with tax for 42 month lease on 2011 Odyssey EX- 500 out of pocket at lease signing? (ohio). Also includes dealer taking in 08 Ex with 7 remain lease pymts.
  • sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    Good Luck!
    No Programs out yet on the 2011 Odysseys. Many fewer are being built, supply is very tight at this time. Looking for a lease that is decent, do the 2010.
    OTD is irrelevant. Price the vehicle. That is the only way to compare.
    Congratulations! The 2011 Odyssey is the best one available. Nothing else in the market is close. Enjoy!
    Congratulations! The 2011 Odyssey is the best one available. Nothing else in the market is close. Enjoy!
    Definitely not on 2010. The 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite recognizes 1200 voice commands.
    Are you talking 10 or 11? There is no RES/NAV in the 11 except for touring models.
    Breathe, breathe, no, wait, wait, there it is! It is just around the corner. Compare the Sienna and the TC. Don't see the value? Keep looking.
    dodgehappy,

Just remember that there is "NO FREE MONEY" from a dealer. In other words, they will roll your last couple of payments into your NEW monthly payment. Also, keep in mind that you'll be paying double interest and sales taxes (if you have them in your state, ie: sales taxes) inside your new monthly payments--as you'll be rolling in your old 8 payments into your new one.

If you have the money and you can live with doing that.
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    Totally hear you on the no free money! I guess I am a little lost on where they are rolling in the 7 remaining payments on the old lease though (but I agree it is likely happening)- if they are offering full payoff for the current lease- so negative equity rolled in, and discounting the 2011 EX about $1300 off msrp?

Maybe it is by pushing out to a 42 month lease, but that seems to be the way they got the payment down to what I have on the current lease since there are no programs running on the 2011?

I had a dealer good friend of mine quote me on a similar lease and they were about $25 higher per month, but on a 36 month lease, before discussing trade in.

Any additional insight/help from this great community would be wonderful! I just want o make sure I am getting a fair deal.
    You seem to be dealer ... sorry you are not going to have much luck here...
  • cardiackcardiack Member Posts: 12
    I need to get a minivan soon, but since most places are not discounting I can hold off until the Feb timeframe.

What do you all think people would be able to buy a 2011 EX for in the Feb timeframe? Invoice price? More than Invoice? Less than Invoice?

thanks