Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• princessbslprincessbsl Member Posts: 4
    Though maybe not as good of a deal as previous poster I am happy with the deal I got today. I am in a small town with small dealers and while I could drive several hours to larger dealers who offer lower prices I choose to stay local. I had previous been offered 26,500 on the 2013 Accord EX-L and that seemed to be as low as they would go but today when I dealt with them they went down to 26,300. After seeing that this was there bottom dollar and they weren't budging I asked if they would throw in the all season mats and nitrogen for the tires. They agreed. They told me they weren't really making any money off of my purchase but knew I was a loyal service customer.
    MSRP $28,785
    My price including destination fee & accessories added: 26,300
    Dealer Doc Fee $85
    TT&L 1587
    Total OTD: $27,972
  • carhunter00carhunter00 Member Posts: 7
    Got an offer for 25,000 out the door. Is it a good deal?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    doc fee's are only 75 in N.Y. In new jersey they range from 249 to 499 depending on dealership.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• trainingwheelstrainingwheels Member Posts: 7
    Geezer,

See my message #27892 for the deal I got on the 2013 EX-L V6 no nav at the end of December from Vandergriff Honda, salesman Danny Oestreicher. I would also try Honda of Burleson (lifetime powertrain warranty) and Huggins Honda salesman Forrest Clark. I called all the dealers in the DFW area, named my price, and only a few dealers would work with me. Most chuckled and said, “If you can get that price, buy two.” I said, “Thank you very much, here’s my number, call me if you can meet my price.”
  • wap7wap7 Member Posts: 2
    What price is best for Accord sport CVT in PA/NJ state? I have a quote for 24369 OTD.
  • hp2326hp2326 Member Posts: 12
    Hi..
    Can anybody please tell me the invoice price for the EX CVT model. Also please post your out of the door Price including everything in nj.. what should be my target price including everything (all taxes and fees)..
  • tyc1tyc1 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    The one with the color we really wanted had some dealer-installed options ($300 more; mud guards, side strips, wheel locks, etc.), and the 6.5% Ad Valorem tax in Georgia was a little bit higher than expected ($120 more; probably based on invoice, not actual sales price). So, we had to pay $420 more ($22,200 in total; driveout price). The dealer is located in north Atlanta (they really don't want us to post the dealer name), and the next best offer from another dealer in the same area was $22,500 (same dealer-installed options+cargo tray).
    edited March 2013
    Invoice price w/ dest charge= $ 24,037

this is a good deal and a good starting point on pricing.

Sale price................. 22,837.. 1200 below invoice price
    doc fee's n.j................299
    dmv fee........................300....estimate
    tire fee...........................12.50=.......................$23448.50 before tax
    Add N.J tax.... on to sale price and doc fee's.. DMV and tire fee charge you add onto after taxes for total OTD price.

Call................... Autosport doc's= 299.......... Hamilton doc fees= 249, Paul Miller doc=299 on the last day march 30th and make your offer. along with your other dealerships that are close to your house.

• ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    Congrats on your purchase princess. Just know the "we aren't making any money on this deal" is a very common dealer BS line. It is certain that they did make money on your purchase. They aren't running a charity there. Another dealer who was asking $1000 more than my lowest offer tried to tell me that she wasn't making money at that inflated price. Dealers will tell you anything. There isn't an occupation I respect less than car salespeople.
    ziggy
    Is drug dealer and pimp right above the car-salesman on your occupational list.

• jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    Haha.
    You forgot to add destination fee which i believe $790.00.. I ask the dealer $25400.00 out the door price. Do you think that's a proper price i am asking. Also i am financing with $5000.00 down. How should i approach the negotiation?
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2013
    it's a coin toss. I think those other occupations are much more truthful than car salesmen.

I don't think a drug dealer on the planet ever tried to convince their customer that they weren't "making any money on this sale" when they knew they were.

I've never seen a profession like car sales where lying (or half truths) are part of their every day mode of business.
    edited March 2013
    My price is correct.. i took the invoice price of your model plus dest fee then minused $1200
    Remember doc fee's are dealers added profit. when you subtract 300 to 400 in doc fee's your buying vehicle at 8 and 900 below invoice.
    this is a good starting point for the end of the 1st quarter and the last day of this month. Start your negotiations on Friday the 29th buying on the 30th. If a dealer meets your price on the 29th be prepared to buy it.

Call and email as many dealers on the 29th telling each dealership you buy at this price. be firm dont give in.
    If your buying in N.Y. doc fee's are $75. Start at 875 or 975 below invoice price. There are forum members who recieved close to 1000 below.. off your model last month..

edited March 2013
    i get what your saying.

If a hooker says 100 dollars you know what your getting.

If a saleman tells you 20,000 not only is that number incorrect but they dont have your car either. Oh you said black car.... Thats extra........lol

LET me speak to my manager..

• pulsepspulseps Member Posts: 1
    i want to buy accord sedan sport or ex which not decided yet, need to see physically both to get one.
    need remote start and no other accessoreis.

How much should i pay for 4 cylinder live in NJ
    sport with remote
    ex with remote

my dealline to buy vehicle is before may 14.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    i want to buy accord sedan sport or ex which not decided yet, need to see physically both to get one.
    need remote start and no other accessoreis.

How much should i pay for 4 cylinder live in NJ
    sport with remote
    ex with remote

my dealline to buy vehicle is before may 14.

If you were on "The Price is Right" the only sure way to get something without paying too much is to offer $1.

Anything else, you will need to do your homework. If you are unwilling to do your homework, you can pay someone, like a buying service to do it your self, which will most likely negate any savings. Alternative to that is to read the few hundred posts on here and make your own conclusion what you should be paying.

If you want me or someone else to tell you the exact number, I will send you a paypal invoice for a $100, once the payment clears, I will e-mail you with the range of offers you should be submitting.
    And also, seems like this is the first year honda rolls out with CVT and people are suggesting to go get some warranty for the electronics failure down the road since this is their first model of the cycle.

Honda's first CVT appeared in 1996 Honda Civic HX. Hardly first year of Honda CVT.
  • jimmytulsajimmytulsa Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    READ this forum for the last 3 months. No free lunch.
    1. Get new tires for the Accord.
    2. Get shocks springs checked out.
    3. Drive stick.

I have a 2005 CR-V, which is considerably taller than the Accord, and I have no problem negotiating round enterance ramps are highway speeds.

Even with the tall vehicle like the CR-V, having manual transmission allows me to shift the weight of the vehicle so that added downforce is applyed to the wheels that need it during a maneuver. You simply can not do that with an automatic, not matter how fancy it is.

A BMW with an automatic will give you the same feeling.
    I was rejected at three dealers with $25400.00 out the door price. What should I do??
  • carhunter00carhunter00 Member Posts: 7
    just took delivery of the 13 accord.coupe.black n black ex.cvt.for 25k otd.
  • socceralumsocceralum Member Posts: 2
    RE: best price for 2013 EX-L with navi 4 door blk on blk in upper east tenn area willing to travel 250 miles
  • socceralumsocceralum Member Posts: 2
    looking in upper east tenn area willing to travel 250 miles
    please read post # 28989. if you buy like i have posted you will do just fine. Read anyone of my prior post on buying... cant buy this car on march 21 and expect to get that good price..
    Dealers are to busy trying to rob all the uneducated buyers. Smart buyers like us in this forum,,, buy the last day of the month..

You have no leverage right now.

• gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    Last day of the month should work well, but the dealership and salespeople will generally start dealing around the third to last day of the month. They will be more amenable to lower offers as they scramble to reach the next tier on their quota levels. Yes, you will hit the jackpot walking in at closing at the end of the month if the dealer and salesperson need one more car to get to the next tier but the likelihood is they are already locked in on their last attainable level at that point, so sometimes you would actually do better a day or two before month end.
    Hey Brian
    Do you think my $25400.00 - $25500.00 is a good target price?? Please reply.. Should I settle for it if offered by dealer??
    Should I settle for $25400-$25500 out to door if offered by the dealer? please reply. Thanks..
    Invoice price w/ dest= 24,037. read my post and start your calls and emails on friday 29th buying on the 30th. unless you strike a deal on friday
    Read this board and make a target price. i thought my post was quite clear on buying....... apply it on the last days..

I would target the high volume dealerships 1st. these dealerships are looking to sell as many cars for the 1st quarter. Honda corp is kicking back a nice check for there volume sales. The smaller dealership is working on selling there 100 cars for the month. dealerships get other incentive checks back also floor plan , finance, etc.

Why you keep posting your out the door numbers means nothing to me or anyone reading it. I am not a mind reader. Your states sales tax and doc fee's are different in every state.
    There will be good deals to be had next week. alot of dealers have large inventory on certain models..

• superdeal1234superdeal1234 Member Posts: 4
    Need thoughts on this deal:

2013 Honda Accord LX CVT 4 door, modern grey, black interior

$19,900 price (includes destination fee of $790 in MD)
    + 6% MD tax
    + $200 doc fee
    + ~$475 title, registration fee
    =$21,769

I am still negotiating. Financing to be done separately, not with dealership.

Thanks.
  • superdeal1234superdeal1234 Member Posts: 4
    Correction: title and registration fees are $275 aprox.
  • mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    I live in NJ and also looking to buy LX CVT. Could you provide the dealership name as I have not been able toget the car down to your price. thanks.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Don't walk, run to get it. U won't do much better until next month. That's $170 better that what I did. What color r u looking for? I know that silver, white, beige colors are sometimes discounted a bit more. But w all confidence go an get it. Your price would be the best price so far jn this forum if no trade in is involved. Are u trading in? What dealer? Pull the trigger is my strong advice.
    My advice is that if you want to save money about - $500 or more. You will be better of driving to md. U won't get the gimmicks and headaches than by u. Also try NY dealers that people like Brian 125 posted before. Read, read and read this forum. I drove to md 2 weeks ago. But deal was sealed over the phone at the end of the month the 27th. Got buyers order. Put deposit and picked up due to schedule the following week. If u don't have anyone to drive u. U can rent a car like I did one way via budget as they were cheaper at $59 w aaa discounts (I didn't want bother anyone and owe a favor) I got mine at Anderson Honda. Read my posts as I bought the lx. They waived the doc fees and was a smooth process over al.
    The only other piece of advice is to be careful as there is a couple of dealers in md that sale the lx for the price u r getting but they r the demo models. Check if u r active in the military, u can get $500 off.
    Also as an update. I checked w wells Fargo and they wouldn't go an extra .25 off my finance rate (1.49 for 60) as their rate is usually 3.59. So, since they were matching, they wouldn't cut more. Those looking to finance. Look for PenFed and Blue Harbor online.
  • milan120milan120 Member Posts: 4
    Phillipsburg/Easton Honda....Gave us the great deal....
    Can you post the entire break down (price, dest, doc fees, dmv fees, warranty if any add ons) and if there was a trade in involved, thanks
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Just a question: for those of us who have already bought the 2013 Honda Accord, is there a general forum to discuss it? I don't see one.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
    Thanks. I live in northern NJ and best price is 21220 (autosport)with dest and 299 doc fee. At the end of October 2012,the best price I could get was 21200 including dest and doc fee, excluding reg fee and NJ tax. I am going to contact the dealer which gave me the price last October and ask for 20,500 inc dest and doc fee. But I dont think they are going to say yes. You got an excellent deal at Anderson. Yesterday, I registered with their website so I probably wil get a call. Did you get the price by registering first or did you just call the dealership? My 2000 Civic odometer just reached the 260K mark and I cant wait any longer. How did you get them to waive the doc fee, I have discovered that is almost impossible (even Brian125 could not do that inMD.)
    No I emailed them using cars.com I believe or Edmunds. Just email the dealers that people are posting that are willing to work w u. My salesperson was Jim Kelly. Tell him that mvperez4jesus sent u. He was very good
    Their original offer was $300 more plus doc fees. Then, I told them that I didn't want any accessories (as it included mudgards, wheel locks and something else). I also told them that in order to earn my business, it had to be worth the trip. Meaning a few hundred off versus my local dealers. Then they came back w the final number.

I am telling u, no dealer and I mean no dealer in our area was willing to beat/match or come close to the price. The closest I go about 1:30 min away in pa was $22.150 otd. And believe me, I emailed every dealer possible in nj and pa. Maybe 2 in ny. Though Not the good ones.

Some salespeople were honest and told me to get the deal if it was true. Other dealerships were trying to convince me that the deal was a gimmick.

All I can say is that the gimmick is sitting in my driveway...lol.

Just follow the instructions and see. The dealers in nj w 6% pa taxes quoted me like 22.4 otd.
    Now, in my case I also needed the car asap and had no choice but to pull the trigger. I wanted to wait until memorial day. If u can't plan a trip to md. They are way more competitive and straight forward w prices and what not.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Just a question: for those of us who have already bought the 2013 Honda Accord, is there a general forum to discuss it? I don't see one.

Try here

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I believe you in that probably no dealer in NJ or PA is going to match your price. The absolute lowest I got last October was from Ray Price in Stroudsburg, the offer was 21,000 plus 129 doc fee plus 65 for some sort of in transit tax because I lived in Nj and was buying the car in PA, plus NJ reg and state tax. I do have the time to drive to MD I just want to make sure the price they quote is worth it and when I come with the bank check I can drive home with the Accord LX CVT sedan the same day. I dont buy new cars very often so its important that I get the best possible price. Because your price was like 1000 under invoice do you know what kind of incentives Honda is throwing their way? Because obviously they are not going to sell a car at a loss.Also, did you trade in a car? Thanks again for all the info its been a great help.
    No trade in my case. Get the buyers order and have them faxing u or emailing via attachment.
    I did the numbers and it was like $1,099 below invoice. My car had a fabric protection that they claim they didn't charge and it was included in the price. No website reveals any special incentive per say. But, is one of those things that perhaps what they pay in rent, delivery charges, who knows. But, big key is having the buyers order signed by their manager. I went after a week and the ccar was ready. No demo or any damage or whatever people may think. Only 4.8 miles in it. Very nice ride. Save a lot in gas vs my 08 accord that I still have. Only needed a second car in my case.

I don't buy cars often and trying to maximize the hard earned money is tough. So, driving to md in a one way ticket w budget at 59 one way. Sealed the deal, then dropped the car near by. They dropped me at the dealership and on my way home all within 2 hours, plus driving time. No traffic on Saturday....
  • suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    But that's not necessarily for new owners. You could drive one and not like it.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,720
    Pick Honda and Accord, then click GO, and it will take you to the Honda Accord forums. If you don't like what you see, you can create your own.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited March 2013
    Should I settle for $25400-$25500 out to door if offered by the dealer? please reply. Thanks..

OTD will depend on what your local fees and taxes are.

I was just out test driving the Accord this past weekend, even though I am not in the market, yet. First price offered by the dealer was $23,250 ($25,284 OTD for my locality) for EX 6 spd, with 0.9% APR for 36 months, or 1.9% APR for 60 months if I wanted to finance.

The car definitely has pick up. Even in 6th gear, when it was revving low, it had problem getting up to speed without the need to downshift.

Standard back up and blind spot cameras are a really nice touch. Bifocal mirror is cool too.

The clutch is reallylight, feather light compared to the one in the CR-V, which is light comprared to others. Shifter is really snickety smooth and precise. The car really does not lean in corners, and using the engine to shift weight mid turn makes for really tight cornering abilities.

I got lucky, I got a salesman who knew what the car is capable of and did not scream during cornering. He actually told that I could have taken the S-curve a lot faster than I did.

It really is an amazing car!
  • skondapallyskondapally Member Posts: 1
    I got a deal from one of the dealers in best price out of 5 Dealers in St. louis

st. louis for 20,720+TTL Sales tax 6.95%
    Il Dealer for 21,182+TTL Sales tax 4.2% out of state tax

Please suggest me is this the best price to buy the car or can i bargin more?

Thanks in advance.
  • lexani18zzlexani18zz Member Posts: 13
    I been reading the threads but I don't see many listing 4cl or 6. I was quoted this below what do you guys think? Taking brain advise and purchasing end of this week.

13 Accord EX-L V6 With Navi
    Car-29,617
    Doc 82.65
    Tags $100
    Out state buyer transfer $10
    3.75% tax on car price (1122.45)
    OTD $30932.10

I seen some one say they paid $27,500 (before tax) from metro but did not state v6 and with navi?