Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ladhnurladhnur Member Posts: 20
    The price included all the fees and only extra was TTL which is according to the location of my residence.
    Sorry I didnt know the MSRP or the sticker price
  • includingincluding Member Posts: 1
    Look like you got a better deal that I did.

I am in MA. After go through all the post here, I learned a lot. So I want to post my price here to benefit others.

Price: 24902.59
    Sale Tax(6.25%): 1544.74
    Doc : 339
    Total Sale Price: 26786.33

New Car registration: 152

OTD: 26938.33
  • man1234man1234 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I have a quote of $22,218.15 for a new 2013 Accord LX sedan with manual transmission. This is an out-the-door price including all taxes and fees. Is this a good quote? Thanks,
  • isantemisantem Member Posts: 7
    In some state you pay $600 tax and in others $2000 so and OTD price is not worth anything. What is the sale price with destination and without TTL, doc fee, registration etc.?
  • rocklirockli Member Posts: 11
    Hi Ladhnur, did you buy the car? If so, could you please share the final price. I was offered a manual EX with $22,308.00 and a manual LX with $19,640.00. Both are before TTL.
    I am going in today and will let you know how it goes
    But I am being discoureged by other dealers who keep on insisting that "the dealership quoting this price (on an email) have added incentives which would not be applicable to me so my real price will be different"
    Lets see what happens today :)
    Thanks for the reply. Why is OTD price not worth anything? Isn't that the final price that I'll be paying? My sales tax is 7.75%. The sale price with destination is $20,339. This does not include tax, documentation, title. Thanks,
  • soupy95soupy95 Member Posts: 10
    man1234,

If you would like somebody to help to determine if an offer is a good deal or not, it helps if you make it easy. Since Sales tax and reg and license fees differ so much state to state it is impossible for somebody to give you an opinion on whether an OTD price is good.

Here is a great example from a previous poster who detailed all of the information needed to get an opinion on whether a deal was fair or not:

2013, Honda Accord EX-L CVT ( no navigation ) White Exterior / Ivory Interior.

-Factory Options ( None )
    -Dealer Options (Pin Stripe, Nitrogen Tires, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards) - $495
    -Dealer city/state ( bethesda/MD)
    -MSRP (incl destination) ( -----)
    -Invoice (incl destination) ( 24899 )
    -Purchase Price ( $25394)
    -Downpayment ( 0)
    -Trade allowance (year, make model, mileage, options, condition of the trade) ( None )
    -Tax - 813 ( va ) tags - 145
    -Dealer fees ($200)
    -Doc fees (none)
    venkatp,

COngratulation on your new car. And a big thank you for posting the details. The information you posted is exactly the kind of thing this forum needs in order to be useful to other readers. Great Job!
    ladnhur,

Good luck in negotiation. I think the price quote you have is a pretty good one, so it will be interesting to see if the dealership honors it.

Please post full details, as other posters have done about all costs if you do make a deal. That helps future buyers.

Thanks,
  • shammihundalshammihundal Member Posts: 1
    What do you guys think. Did I get a good deal or was there money still on the table. I know the $80 doc fee could most likely have been taken off but after 4 hours my dad didn't want to go any further since he wasn't about to not get the car for $80 (It got a little heated over the $80 since the salesman told me that the 22950 price was OTD before TTL and I questioned whether Doc Fees were considered TTL. Before that we had to have them take off $199 for a BS theft recovery option)

2013, Honda Accord Sport 2.4L I-4 cyl
    -Factory Options ( Paddle shifters - not sure if this is standard or not but I like it a lot )
    -Dealer Options (None that I didn't think came standard to sport )
    -Dealer city/state ( Modesto, CA)
    -MSRP (incl destination) ( $24980 )
    -Invoice (incl destination) ( $unknown )
    -Purchase Price ( $22950)
    -Downpayment ( $0 with 0.9% financing)
    -Trade allowance ( None )
    -TTL ($2134)
    -Tax ($1756)
    -EVR ($29)
    -VLF ($149)
    -Reg Fee ($112)
    -Tire ($8.75)
    -Dealer fees ($0)
    -Doc fees ($80)
    -Final OTD price ($25084)
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    Thank's for your post! It's nice and concise and really makes it easy to understand. Important that you posted your state and tax rate.

Since your in MA, comparisons to Weymouth are inevitable and relative to them you did many hundreds better so congrats.

Disagree with you that the other poster really got a "better" deal. Dealer got them with that inflated 495 for the appearance package and after that is subtracted and the purchase price added to the doc/dealer fee you were only at about $140 more. So i guess they got a better deal but it wasn't a BETTER deal ;-)

VA has less than half the tax rate of MA so their "OTD" even with the appearance group was less (agreeing with other posters....... exactly why posting OTD's and is not helpful without a LOT of other details)

Again, thanks for your post.
  • venkatpvenkatp Member Posts: 10
    Want to include some more inputs..

1. I have been to many places and didn't find any car without dealer installed options. And the standard prices for those options ranging from $395 - $995

2. At One dealer , when I though i had the deal, he said Paint Protection + Interior Protection Package is $400 which cannot be removed from the pricing. That made me to leave the place without any further negotiations.

3. Finally i went through the options listed on multiple cars and made a quick cost of the options.

-> Trunk Tray - 140$
    -> Splash Guards - 104$
    -> Door Edge Guards - 95$
    -> Wheel Locks - 55$
    ====================
    Total = $394

If you add all weather floor mats = $394 + $141 = $535.

These are the prices if you buy these items in Honda Parts department. You need some effort to install splash guards, wheel locks & door edge guards by your self.

Good luck to everybody.
    OK,

Here's the quote. Thanks,

2013 Honda Accord LX manual transmission
    no options
    no trade-in
    no financing
    price including destination $20,339
    documentation fees $250
    tax (OH) $1,595.65
    title $33.50
    OTD $22,218.15
    According to Edmunds, invoice including dest is 22,929 so your price is right at invoice. Doc fee is relatively small so not a big deal there. Some folks have been able to get below invoice pricing on some models and in some areas but that is a function of the markets in those areas.

Overall I think you got a decent deal, especially if you are happy with the car. And 0.9% financing is a great kicker.
    According to Edmunds invoice price including destination charges is 20639. Your price of 20589 (price plus doc fees) is slightly under invoice. Some folks have been getting deeper discounts to invoice price, so you may have room to negotiate price a little lower.
  • oojasoojas Member Posts: 6
    Hey i am calling in the dealerships and asking for some numbers, almost every dealership is getting really annoyed when i asked them for the money factor on this vehicle. Am i doing something wrong? i am looking for a 36 month 12k mile lease on Honda Accord Sport in Brooklyn, and it feels like every dealer wants me to come in and discuss everything in person as oppose to giving me numbers over the phone

what should i do?
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Money factor is just a way to state apr for a lease - it will vary depending on what your credit score is - that's probably why they want you to come in - to take a credit app - normally 710 or above gets you Honda's best rate. It is one of the key factors needed to compute your monthly lease payment so they have no right not to disclose it.

Good luck,

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Work on getting your lowest price for the vehicle 1ST. Then after finding best price work your lease numbers onto that price..

Start Last 2 days of this month.................. Call or visit as many dealerships and work your best deal.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• oojasoojas Member Posts: 6
    i did negotiate better price for lease, only to get the dealer i spoke with call me back to say that the price we agreed upon was good for financing deal and it cannot be used for a lease deal. When i said BS and give me the break down of all the numbers he never called me back
    Sometimes there are retail purchase incentives that don't apply to a lease and vice versa.
    edited April 2013
    I know there is flex/cash rebate on the CRV models for $750.. I'm not sure if that is on the Accord yet.
    Cash or lease would not matter. Get your lowest price for your model and work lease numbers off the total.

Throw that other dealers number in the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    oojas....I've found you can't get your best deal unless you're sitting at their desk.

Calling nets a few responses. You've found one.....no numbers given. Another, a dealer will quote you an impossible price knowing another dealer can't meet it. When you get to the dealership, they'll say they misunderstood what you wanted, or that their price didn't include a fee, an option, some additional dollar amount that wasn't accounted for.

Remember, once you go to a dealer, you can always walk out if you don't like the deal, the personnel, or for any reason whatsoever. You won't ifnd their best pricing unless you're in their store, though.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • 115david115david Member Posts: 7
    Could any one let me know the price for Honda Accord LX in Maryland? Is the destination fee a real fee you have to pay? Thank you.
    OK, thanks,
    This is what I did. I got quote from Pohanka Honda Fredericksburg, VA. They gave the lowest quotes compared to anybody else in VA, MD area. I took that quote to Ourisman Honda, Bethesda who matched the price including destination.

Good luck.
    edited April 2013
    That was my experience to. I highly recommend Pohanka Fonda Fredericksburg, VA. I contacted them thru their website chat option and in 30 minutes I get the best price with breakdown in the email.
    They also have 0% for 60 months ....nobody else has it.
    http://www.pohankahondaoffredericksburg.com//0for60SpringEvent-pid23224

Probably all the dealers will have this offer next month.
  • kr6822kr6822 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    Just bought 2013 accord Ex-l black/black in N.VA

OTD 25,800 Includes Tax and tags. (add on's --splash guards, mats, wheel lock)

Good luck
  • jivanajivana Member Posts: 4
    Is there any trade-in involved?

What's the breakdown of this 25.8 number?
  • lmnbrandonlmnbrandon Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to purchase accord ex-l this summer. Where in N.VA did you purchase car? I am located in N.VA. Great price.
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    isantem, if you read the fine print on the webpage you sited you will see that the dealer is actually paying the 1.9% interest on the loan to result in 0% financing for the customer. Further, they go on to say that this financing can't be combined with any price quote, internet price or any advertised special price. There is no free lunch. Since the dealer is paying the interest, they obviously will be selling the car at a higher price than if they were not paying the interest to make up the cost of this promotion.

Bottom line is you are paying the interest in effect, via additional principal.
    edited April 2013
    No trades involved. It is a sedan Auto.

here is the beak down--

24046+790 (fright) + 394 (doc fee) +756.91(tax) + 69.75 (title and license) -300 (flex cash/towards honda finance 1.9%) = 25800 OTD

It is at HONDA of Tysons corner. Finished in 90 min with Finance paper work.
  • apenapen Member Posts: 1
    This is probably one of the best posted deal! congrats.
  • finwifefinwife Member Posts: 6
    2k down, 60 mos@ 439 mos. Only extra we added was extended warranty @1788 and gap ins @ 595 ( is this absolutely necessary?????) we're in NJ.

TIA
    Save your $ 2,388 . Money better spent investing in gold or put money in a 5 yrs Cd. If after 5 6 or 7 yrs something breaks in car use that money to fix. You will be way ahead of the game. The reason people buy a honda is resale, quality/build.
    If you tell me piece of mind with warranty thats fine but not at $1788 you are getting ripped off. Shop around for better pricing

• ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    An easy way for your to save $500+ on your extended warranty. Go to Hyannis Honda's website http://hyannishondaservicecontracts.com/ Get a quote for the same extended plan that you purchased. You will find that it is probably $500+ less than you paid. Then, cancel the policy you just purchased. Call Honda Care, I believe Honda's policy is that you have 60 days to cancel and get a full refund. Then purchase the Hyannis Honda Care policy instead.
  • vspeedvspeed Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2013
    I can't wrap my head around the numbers and this is driving me a little crazy, okay a lot crazy. Please bear with me.

I saw the lease special for $2500 down and $250 a month not including Tax, Title, Dealer options etc here in Houston Texas (8.25 % tax rate)

I had a 2001 Dodge Durango for Trade In

Here's a breakdown of my lease deal.

2013 Honda Accord LX CVT Auto
    Propack and Tint added ($735) after MSRP of $23270 for total of $24005

Advertised: $249 per month for 36 months , $2,499 cash due at signing

My Deal (with a $1500 Trade In and $3000 cash down payment)

Gross Cap Cost $26630
    Cap Cost Reduction 4250
    Adjusted Cap Cost $22379
    Residual $14194
    Depreciation $8184
    Rent Charge $ 1408
    Total of Base Payments $9593
    Lease Payments 36
    Money Factor .00107 (The finance manager told me this after I called him back)
    Base Monthly Payment including Tax $266

I can't help but think I got screwed somehow in this deal. I called the dealer and they gave me an itemized listing of the fees which totaled $2753 (which included the 735 for the dealer options and a sales tax of $1464 and various other fees) on top of the MSRP and not including the acquisition fee of $595. He said in order to get the special price of $250, I would have had to put down $5242 but the lease terms limit it to %20 of the total cost of the vehicle.

Please put my mind at ease and help me make sense of this and tell me I didn't get hosed..It seemed fine until I got home and started mulling over the numbers.

Thank you to anyone who can help!!!
    edited April 2013
    You need to put prior post in the Accord leasing forum. There are several members who are experts in leasing. you will get your answer

edited April 2013
    Brian is right - you need to educate yourself on how leases work and compare apples to apples. The two deals you show in your post are different and that makes it easy for the dealer to confuse you and earn them more profit - hope you haven't made the deal yet - you are going about it blindly.

Oops - just re-read your post - sounds like the deal is sealed - best you can do is learn from the experience and be better prepared next time.
    edited April 2013
    That's a cool deal. I been to them before purchasing, but they quoted me 26991/- and they were not ready to give me for 26500/- . The invoice including destination quoted me was $25700. This was exactly 2 weeks back.

I ended up buying at Ourisman, Bethesda for 26550/- with wheel locks, mud guards, door edge guards , pin stripe & trunk tray.
  • iwannagr8leaseiwannagr8lease Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    I am having post lease signing remorse...

If you had posted in the appropriate forum beforehand - the legend shows this post is your first - you might have been assisted like you can view in the thread here.

Your deal is done. The best advice now is to just go forward and enjoy your new vehicle.
    Thanks, this format is confusing for the forums and I'm getting the handle of it now...thanks
    Thanks..I tried but it got pretty confusing, nothing was making sense and I probably should have walked away until I had more time to think
    Thanks but I just found this site and I'm getting used to the forum
    This week they have tax and tags on them deal...but I think during the first week of april they had everthing on them tax,tags,free apr finance,no deale fees of any kind...ofcourse I missed that but wondering if that was more cheaper
  • toad76toad76 Member Posts: 1
    Could you refer me to your sales rep at Tyson's? I am interested in the same deal on a blue car and would be happy to give you the referral credit

Thanks!
  • racing_s2kracing_s2k Member Posts: 6
    On April 19 I purchased a Honda Accord Sport in Houston, TX

2013, Honda Accord Sport Black Exterior / Black Interior.

-Factory Options ( None )
    -Dealer Options (Fabric & Paint Sealant, Diamond Fusion Windshield Protection, Key Replacement, Nitrogen in Tires, Window Tint, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards, Interior Illumination) - $1,877.60
    -Dealer city/state ( Houston, TX)
    -MSRP (incl destination) ($24,980+$1,877.60 Options=$26,857.60)
    -Invoice (incl destination) ($22,929)
    -Purchase Price Including Destination ( $22,579+$400 for Options=$22,979)
    -Downpayment ( 0)
    -Trade allowance (year, make model, mileage, options, condition of the trade) ($5,500 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport, 67,000 miles, No Options, Good Condition. ) Note: Carmax offered $5,500 and dealer matched.
    -Tax - $1,181 tags - $131
    -Dealer fees (None)
    -Doc fees ($150)
  • newbee007newbee007 Member Posts: 7
    If anybody is interested in Honda Care, Saccucci Honda
    sells the 8 year 120000 miles warranty for the EX-L V6 zero deductible for $1200. might be cheaper for other accord models. I had my dealer match the price.