Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rocklirockli Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    Sorry. It is a manual one. I copied the title from someone else and forgot to change the T part. I do apologize!
    Is it possible to change the title to Manual instead of "Automatic"? I am sorry for the mistake.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Bottom of page . type in where it says post a message. Title is on top.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• phxcarbuyerphxcarbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Honda Accord EX-L (no nav) from Showcase Honda in Phoenix, Arizona with the following pricing:

Car price: $24,909 (including $500 Honda Finance FLEX)
    Window tint: $160
    Dealer Doc fee: $395
    Sales Tax: $2,373

The dealership also matched my PenFed financing rate of 1.74% at 60 months.

If anyone in the Phoenix area is looking, contact Deneen at Showcase. She was great to work with.
  • danminazdanminaz Member Posts: 5
    Has anybody been able to get better pricing than this......The lowest I have been able to negotiate on this car is $21,000 OTD (excluding TTL and including $500 flex cash). What types of discounts does Honda usually make at their year end closeouts. I'd like to see if I can get this car at $19,500 OTD.
  • 115david115david Member Posts: 7
    Hi, Could any one let me know the price for Honda Accord LX, automatic in Maryland? Thank you.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2013
    If you look at the post history in this discussion, even if your location has a very low sales tax, I don't think you will get close to 19k out the door. Invoice is right around 21,575 - current market is around 1k under invoice before fees and tax - maybe a little better if you catch the right dealer at the right time. How did you arrive at your target of 19.5 out the door? Just curious.
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • k1ngkev1n1k1ngkev1n1 Member Posts: 7
    Curious on what a good deal would be, i am interested in the car, but not sure what would be considered a deal? How much below invoice would be and what price is that. thanks for all your guys help!
  • danminazdanminaz Member Posts: 5
    I was excluding tax, title, and registration. I based 19.5 on a post made by someone for an lx a few days ago, which was about 1800 under invoice. I'm not getting anywhere close to that in AZ. Dealer fees run high in AZ...around $400. The best I am seeing is about $400 under invoice after including the dealer doc fees.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    I didn't notice the exclusion of ttl until I read your post again - are you close to CA? There are a lot of dealers in Orange and LA counties and the pricing is usually pretty competitive - it might be worth your while if your distance is not too far.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • notbuyingitnotbuyingit Member Posts: 8
    I'm wondering what people are seeing for prices for a 2013 EX automatic.
  • kkctkkct Member Posts: 4
    Not sure if this is a good deal or not, I picked up this EX last month in Fairfield County, CT .

Model: Accord EX 4 CYL CVT Sedan (Basque Red)
    MSRP: $ 26,195 (Includes Destination Charge)
    Price: $ 23,500 (Includes Destination Charge)
    Documentary Fee: $ 399.00
    Total: $ 23,899 + TTL (CT has 6.35% sales tax)
    Out the Door Price: $ 25,445 (Includes Destination Charge)

I hope this helps,
    edited May 2013
    David
    Read thru prior board posts on how to buy then call Anderson honda on the last 2 days of this month. You should be able to buy a LX in the range of 1000 to 1400 below invoice price excluding doc fee, dmv, and your states taxes.Call or visit several dealerships at months end/ make your best deal on that 2 or last day of this month and not before unless you hit your buying number.

Andersons doc fee's are almost 300 dollars so after taking that into consideration buying at 1400 below invoice price which is very do-able puts you in that CAR FOR 1100 BELOW INVOICE PRICE.

GOOD LUCK

• aquintoaquinto Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Closed on the following deal tonight:

Retail Price: $23,270

Sale Price: $20,483.03
    Fees: $248
    Tax: $1,180.98

Total: 21,912.01 (before $500 flex cash and $800 trade in)

Dealer provided $500 (flex cash) towards down payment (vehicle financed for 60 months at 1.9%). Dealer paid $800 for a 2000 Saturn LS1 with 169,000 miles in need of a bunch of repairs (tires, brakes, struts, oil leak).

Hope this helps someone.
    Good deal! Thank you for sharing
  • sackingssackings Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you please message me your salesman's name? Thank you.
  • nodebtallowednodebtallowed Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2013 Accord EX 4dr CVT, dark gray with black cloth yesterday from Corona, CA. My deal $22,669+$29(wire fee)+$80(doc fee)+tax+license. My otd was $24,855. That was the best deal I could find. All the OC/LA honda dealers warned me the IE honda dealers did not provide genuine offers but my experience was just fine. I saved close to $500 to drive to Corona...once all internet offers were exhausted with email exchanges (took 2 days). I was ok to drive and bolt if the deal changed but it didn't. I suspect Memorial day weekend will generate even better deals but I was out of time and had to buy. We all have to live can't wait forever....hope this helps you folks out there.
  • coarcoar Member Posts: 1
    Had established email communication with a whole bunch of dealers, morgan hill honda came with the best quote of 27493 otd (includes taxes,fees,destination.. should take honda finance) and i told them that i will buy it if they can stay true to this. I was also looking out for a black car and they did not have one in the inventory, but they did a dealer trade in to get me that.

We couldn't get to morgan Hill easily because on saturday there are no caltrains that stop at morgan hill :(. They were polite enough to ask if we needed to be picked up from somewhere. We told yes, so on the day they sent us a car to pick us up from san jose caltrain and what was more awesome was that it was the same black car that we were about to buy. I test drove the car for 25 miles to the dealership :) (i had already test driven it before, but i always planned to test drive the exact car that i would be buying. So this was really nice)

The dealership was really nice and well kept. Everybody was polite and courteous. No pushing of random options and addons. We had a talk with salesman who took us on a tour of the car and explained all the features to us.

There was a problem with their servers, so there was this huge delay. All the customers were queued up waiting for things to work. No angry rants from anyone, everyone seemed relaxed. We were actually offered lunch by the salesman for our trouble.

Then things did get sorted out, and we had to see the finance guy. He was pretty much to the point, he asked if we need any of the other options like extended warranty etc. we said no to all of them and he did not really care. We noticed that the price was inflated by $131 when it came to final bill. We got the salesman into the room and asked him what this was as we did not want to pay a single dollar more than 27493, he told me that it was tax difference from county that we were in (san mateo) to the one the dealership was in. We told him that we would still want to pay 27493 irrespective of any tax difference because he knew we were from outside this county when the deal was decided on the email and he got that done :)

So we got to go back to the car (which had been detailed and all sparkling) and the salesman took us to the nearby shell station made sure we got 1 full tank of gas and sent us home.

I am not sure if i could have gotten a better deal (None of the other bay area dealers even cared to respond to this quote) But i really liked my experience here!
  • mjk14mjk14 Member Posts: 12
    Before I make this purchase, I was curious what others thought.
    2013 Honda Accord Sport with leather 4cylinder
    List price was arount $25k and they offered to sell for $22,800 which includes the destination fee. Only extra fees would be doc and tax. Financed through Honda they did say an extra $500 off may be available. I am located in NJ.
    This offer seemed to be in the ball park of other dealers.
  • buyer157buyer157 Member Posts: 40
    looks pretty good....I am on long island and was aiming to pay 22500 WITHOUT leather, but including fees (pre tax). I'd be interested to hear what others say.

If deal goes through as advertised, I'd like to know the dealer and salesperson. There will probably be a referral in it for you. Was hoping to buy locally, but if I can get a sport w/out leather for 22 before tax I may take the drive!
    hey MJK - did you buy? How did it settle out?
    Anybody else have thoughts around pricing for an accord sport?
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    I thought to get leather factory installed you had to step up to EX-L trim? What is the option for the leather on the sport called, is there a code to figure out inventory for Sport w/Leather?

Side question, what is the material on the standard sport, it is not leather, however I dont think it is regular cloth either, is that correct?

thanks, Julian
    I actually never inquired as to whether or not leather was an option on the Sport Trim. Wasn't a priority for me. They have upgraded cloth as a standard - black. it is a step up from the LX material, but it is definitely cloth.

Have you gotten quotes on a Sport yet?
    manly honda at Santa Rosa, ask for Tom or Jay. Both of them are very nice. Feel free to mention that you got the info from Min. Good luck!
  • mjk14mjk14 Member Posts: 12
    No, I did not buy yet but will be getting other quotes the next few days. The sport comes with cloth, the leather was dealer installed. If I can recall correctly the cost to the dealer for this is approx., $1300. I've noticed that many dealerships have added leather to models besides just the Ex-L where is comes standard. Hopefully tomorrow I will have more information and prices.
    Hey MJK - I just got a quote for 23500 on long island pre-tax NON-leather. Clearly not going in for this. I'm lining up a couple of other quotes so I can make a memorial day purchase on this thing. my email address is first name last name at yahoo no dots or spaces. If you could shoot me the name of your dealer and the sales person. If he is willng to part with a non leather version of the sport for 1500 less than the leather version, I may take a memorial day drive to jersey.

If anyone else in the NY/LI area can share with me some quotes they've recieved for a Sport (or price they paid) that would be super helpful. Hopefully there will be a referral fee in it for you as well. I'm looking to close this weekend.
  • jerberosjerberos Member Posts: 3
    Good deal, can you let me know who you dealt with at Corona? Since forum rules suggest no last names, a first name is fine. Thanks.
  • emilynicole08emilynicole08 Member Posts: 7
    I'm in Dallas, TX and want to buy a 2013 honda accord EX coupe 4 cylinder automatic, but was also considering the EX-L...has anyone bought this car in Texas recently? One dealer told me he would sell the car for the invoice price plus $790 for the shipping fee plus $300...is that a good deal?
    I don't put myself out there as an expert, but invoice + does not sound like a good deal to me. In two months the 2014s will be on the lot. You'll either get a much better deal on a 2013 or be able to purchase a newer model with a higher resale value. Based on what I've read here, below invoice should be your target.
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    This not a good deal! Less than invoice is possible , Do not settle for less!
    Thanks for letting me know! The salesman made it seem like the best deal ever, but I was skeptical.

I have another dealer offering $22,665 (plus TT&L) for a 2013 Honda Accord EX coupe 4 cylinder automatic, so the total would be $24,081.

I wanted to offer $22,500 and see if they would take it, so after taxes the car would be $23,906. Sounds pretty good to me...should I take it?
  • gbynissangbynissan Member Posts: 1
    Hi emily, did you get your car yet ? Im in Arlington, texas. Im about to get a EX coupe 4 cylinder on memorial day. i got a quote from vandergiff in arlington for 23.600 + tax + title + docs fee. if you got your car before memorial day please lets me know whats your OTD price.
  • pjsantospjsantos Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm out here in Indiana and I'm looking into getting a sport model as well. Do you mind if I ask which dealership in Illinois you got the 21500 price?
  • colinsmithcolinsmith Member Posts: 2
    hello
    I am looking to lease a honda accord 2013 LX CVT, the msrp the dealer is quoting me is 23270 which i know is higher than the dealer invoice.
    He quotes a monthly payment of 230$/mth with a 0 down policy but does say that at the time of pick up, i will put 1431$ down, which includes title, registration, document, tire,fees .
    Not sure if this is a good deal?
    need some insight ???
    Tx
  • colinsmithcolinsmith Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to lease a 2013 lx automatic as well, with a 0 down and 36 mth lease, i was told today the mthly payment will be 230$ a month , doc fee bank fee reg fee will be a initial payment of 1431$, he quoted a msrp of 23270.
    does this sound like a fair price to u or am i getting conned
    edited May 2013
    Invoice price plus the $790 destination charge is= 21,369.

A good leased deal on your LX model should be 1000 below invoice price 20,369.... or more on your model. This price excludes any cash incentives for leasing that you need to add onto that number.

Go to Accord leasing forum and make sure you have May's Money factor and Residual rates.. Have every dealer you call or visit work price off your numbers NOT HIS INFLATED NUMBERS for the sale.

Hi all - so, after a couple of more phone calls, I'm at a price of 500 under invoice with Honda flex cash. Essentially I'll get a bill of sale at Invoice and they will credit the 500$ toward my monthly payments (at .9%). No prepayment penalty if I decide to pay the entire thing off.

No extra options, but does include 1 year of scheduled maintenance. There will be no dealer fees added on, just TTL.

Dealer seems decent and has a good reputation.

Looking for some input from folks in the north east/mid atlantic region as to whether or not I can expect to do much better than this.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • accord679accord679 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Purchased 2013 Accord EX CVT Sedan White/Ivory today at Spreen Honda Redlands, CA.

How did I do?

Price: 22680.00
    Flex Cash : -500
    Doc Fee : 80.00
    MVSC : 29.00
    Vehicle License Fees : 148.00
    Registration Fee : 100.00
    CA Tire Fee : 8.75
    Tax : 1820.80
    APR : 1.9% 60 months
    OTD : 24366.55
  • txaggie9txaggie9 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

How much do you think we should expect to pay for a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L? The dealership that we went to had a car EX-L 4 cylinder with a sticker price of $30,800, with some dealer options like the trunk tray, door lining, mud guards, window-tint. I know it's no way close to justifying the high cost. Can you please tell much how much would be a reasonable base price and whether the base price should include the destination fee etc? Also how much is a reasonable out of the door cost with TTL?

Thanks in advance!
  • slercherslercher Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Invoice is 26400, most dealers will sell for about 26 after flex cash. Hard to find -1000 off invoice but doable in some regions. Good luck. I want one also.

Speaking of which, has anyone found an EXL in the last week 1000 below invoice. It's almost time. If anyone wants to do a double deal, let me know.
    Good deal! Congratulations!
  • matt_in_stlmatt_in_stl Member Posts: 6
    I've started to shop around for a new car and have found that the new Accord really gets me all the bells and whistles I want and some that I don't really need, but what the heck.

I have an initial offer from a dealer that breaks down as follows:

Sticker: $30,785
    Offer Price: $27,500
    Title Processing: $2
    Fee State Registration: $38
    1 Yr Registration Processing: $3
    Registration Fee: $21
    Lien Fee: $2
    State Sales Tax: $2048.75
    OTD: $29,587
    Thanks for your reply. You are right; I was thinking that maybe something between 25500-26000 may be possible. Given the sticker price, I think it may be difficult to get the dealer to go lower than that. Good luck with your car shopping!
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8
    In the Chicago area, $26,000 is the lowest any dealers will go right now. You might get them to give you a "we'll beat your best offer by $100 or $200" discount and lock in $25,800 (that includes the destination charges) but they won't move lower than that. Other areas of the country may be different but I'd be surprised.
    Quite honestly, I think that's going to be the case here too. Although, there are some folks earlier in the forum, who have reported buying at a negotiated sales price that is somewhat at higher difference as compared to the invoice (for various trims. some of these deals were in VA I think). Thanks for your feedback on this.
    edited May 2013
    So what your saying is In Chicago the exl-4 you might be able to get for 599 below invoice if your buying at 25,800 w dest/ charge. Then minus your dealers doc fee's and thats the true price below invoice you would be paying. Many years of buying experience tells me you could do better. You need to know how and when to play this game.

Your market price should be lower. What would be the only way to find out????

Read my prior post on Calling many dealerships on the last days of this month with your price to buy... Plant the buying seed in every Internet Managers head. Tell every dealership you call or email 1000 below invoice price gets your business that moment. Do not step into any dealership. Negotiate by phone 1st for price.. If by may, 31 you cant get 1000 below invoice make your best possible deal closest to that number. By holding out to the end of the month you most likely will have 1 or more of those dealerships lower there price. Dealerships that need to make the sales incentive numbers will sell lower that day / than earlier in the month.

The more dealerships you get involved.. The better you will do.

Good luck ............ post your deal

I got a quote for $22,665 from Mcdavid Honda Irving for the 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX automatic 4 cyl.

I am going to the Frisco David Mcdavid Honda dealer and going to try to get the car for $22,500 (including destination fee) so after TT&L I should be at $23,906.

I hope I can get them to agree!
  • slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    Brian125 I don't mean to nitpick but it's not clear in your post because one or another of the words "of" and "or" are missing. Did you mean to say a good leased deal (on the Accord LX automatic) would be $20369 or would it be $1000 less than 20369 or 19369?
    edited May 2013
    Let me clear that up

I posted earlier:

LX Invoice price plus dest/charge of $790= 21,369

minus 1k off that price = 20,369

• slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    Thank you sir!