Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• buyer157buyer157 Member Posts: 40
    Hi all- This thread has been exceedingly helpful.

Would recommend anyone read it. Brian's comments have been great.

While I've gotten the price down on a 2013 Sport from original bids of around 23500 down to around 22500 (with 500 flex cash) I can't seem to break through to the 1000 -1200$ below invoice that some others have seemed to achieve. I'm basically at invoice and using the flex cash to come down below that.

I'm seeing people get closed out on the EX for around 22500, while the invoice is over 1100 higher....OR getting the LX for at least 1500 less.

Not sure if this is due to oversupply of the LX and EX vs the Sport package or if being in lower NY, perhaps this is a regional thing?

That said, as long as everyone else isn't paying 5-600$ less then me, I don't think I'm getting an unfair deal.

I'm inclined to wait another day or two, but my issue is that I'm fairly particular about a color choice and it is probably worth a coupe of hundred for me not to lose it.

Any final thoughts for me? If anyone has been quoted lower at a dealer in the Lower NY/LI/ Lower Connecticut, Lower NJ region, I'd love to know.

Thanks all.
  • brsbrsbrsbrs Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am planning to buy my first car, please sb help me, I got the online quote

$25,679.00 and

Dealer Document Preparation Charge +$587
    Taxes, Tag and title fee on top of it.

Is this a good deal? or still I have to negotiate further to this... I am looking for financing and in the incentives it shows 0.9 to 1.9% financing for 36 Months..
  • mjk14mjk14 Member Posts: 12
    I am located in central jersey and recently received the following offer for sport model with added leather

790 destination fee
    359 doc fee
    95 reg
    .07% NJ tax
    24781 total

Hope this helps
  • emilynicole08emilynicole08 Member Posts: 7
    Went to the David McDavid Honda in Frisco,TX today and I got the price I wanted: $22,500 for a 2013 Honda Accord EX coupe automatic, 4 cyl.

HOWEVER... they added $800 for some accessory package, $300 for tinting and $300 for door edging. I didnt want any of that stuff and my OTD price is now just under $25,800.

I didnt want to pay more than $25,000 but they dealer wouldnt accept $25,000. I got another quote for $25,400 at the Lewisville Honda dealer, so if the Frisco Honda dealer calls me tomorrow, should I tell them about the new quote I got and try to negotiate down to $25,200....or should I be firm about wanting to pay no more than $25,000?

Any good tips on how to get the dealer to go down a few hundred more after they say "they cant go any lower"????

Thanks for the help!
  • ziggy25aziggy25a Member Posts: 24
    These "mandatory" ad on packages are one of the more classic dealer tricks to inflate their profit. The value of those extras is probably worth more like $500, that is IF you wanted them. Personally, I would not even "bargain" them down on this car. The pricing with the options is so inflated that even a few hundred less you are still paying way too much, in my opinion.

The only way these extras would be "mandatory" if if they are already on the car, and there are no others in stock in that color, and that is your color of choice. Even then, a decent dealer would arrange a swap with another dealer to get another car in without the extras on it for you.

When you say you got your price, you really didn't. They could just as easily quote you $21,000 for the car and charge you $2,900 for the extras. Would you really think then that you were paying 21k for the car then?

I assume you are a woman. Are there any men you know (or family), who could go in there and bargain for the same car? Sad to say, but I would wager that they would get a much better deal. Personally I would not even consider buying this car with all these extras if I didn't want them.

Have you tried other dealers? Have you tried pricing sites like Carwoo? Are you a Costco member? These are all ways of getting some leverage on pricing.
  • owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    You have to put one dealer against the other. if you have anything on paper showing the $22,500 show it to the other dealer. If you don't, tell the other dealer you got the quote for 22,500 and see if they match it.
    As for the extras just tell them you won't buy the car with these.
    I'm assuming they did not install them. Also, They will try to sell you the extended warranty when you are with the finance guys. The warranty is way overpriced and you can go to online Honda warranty dealers which is the same exact warranty from Honda itself. Look up "Honda care", Hyannis honda has a good one.
    I think saccucci in Nj is another. Www.hyannishondacare.com
    You will be able to get the price right online and know it ahead of time.
  • emilynicole08emilynicole08 Member Posts: 7
    Each time I have gone to the dealer, I have had my boyfriend or father with me, and they have been very helpful, but the Frisco dealer is insisting he cant go any lower than about $25,800 OTD.

I got another quote this morning from Mcdavid Honda of Irving. Their offer is $25,244 OTD. That is getting close to what I want to pay ($25,00).

I really want to give the business to the Frisco Mcdavid because I really like the salesman, so if they call, I want to tell them about the new quote I got for $25,244 and see if they will meet me in the middle which would be around $25,122...good plan?
    I would say yes, but call the salesman and tell him if he can beat the price by $100 then you have a deal. Then take whatever he gives you as long as it is lower or equal to 25244. This way he knows the deal can be closed. If they can't match 25,244 then despite ur like for the salesman, it's about your money firs and foremost. Is he a friend? If not Don't worry about it.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Hi,
    May i chime in and make a suggestion on your buying/ wording method.

1st you have to be in control of the Conversation and Negotiations about price. Not the other way around thats why alot of you are having trouble with getting that price.. Dealers treat most people like they are suckers. If your not in control of the pricing negotiations

You cant be waiting for a dealers price. You have to let them know for xxx price on this model i buy today. Thats it..... Conversation over. Your answer from each dealer is yes or no. Plant the seed in every dealers head about price/model and option you want then move on. Pit one dealer against the next. Someone will meet or beat your price. The more dealers you get involved the better you will do.

Here is a example of what you should be telling each dealer you call or visit.....

I am looking to buy this model with these Options for xxx price . i have several dealerships who are at this price but have to travel further away from my house than i want. Do you want this sale today????
    If you meet or beat my price on my model i buy from you today. I plan on buying this vehicle in a couple of days. When they say i cant match or come close to that price i always let that dealer know...the names of 5 or 6 dealers that are further away with that pricing.. Pit one dealer aganist the next.. Play the game.Target high volume dealerships that are further away and try to nail down that price with the dealerships that are closest to your house.. Today is a great time to start your buying process.. Plant the seed about pricing in these dealers heads and wait til the last 2 days of the month to pull the trigger.. Unless a dealer meets your price.

i see some posts above and your 200 to 500 off what you want to pay. just hold out til may 30/31 getting several dealerships involved and you should hit your target price.........

Phone Negotiations is where you can contact 20/ 30 dealerships in no time and plant your sales pitch and number that earns your business to each of the Internet sales mgrs.. Stay out of those dealerships its wasted time. negotiate prices on phone 1st.
    Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

While I agree with your method, I think it might be too complicated for EmilyNicole. I thought she said she got the price she wanted or very close to it, no? Sounds like she is close to a deal so why start from scratch? I could be wrong. KISS - keep it simple stupid is what my old ball coach use to say. Bring it home Emily, have confidence and if you get to within a hundred bucks, make the deal & just enjoy the car. Brian is correct, don't wait around which is why I said to call the dealer. Keep the conversation short and to the point. The longer they talk the better it is for them. Tell them that if they meet a certain otd price, you'll be in to sign a deal asap. they love knowing the bottom line otherwise they know your going to shop the number around to other dealers which they hate.
  • mr_numbmr_numb Member Posts: 7
    It was Napleton Auto Werks in Loves Park, IL.

Had a quote from Rosen Honda in Gurnee, IL for $22,000 (inc. destination / excl. TTL) - but Napleton had a 6MT Sport in stock and quoted $500 less.

Salesman was great and wasn't pushy with options or extra warranties. Good experience, and a fair price in my opinion.
  • zoxozoxo Member Posts: 6
    Hi, looking for some assistance. Looking to purchase an Accord Coupe EX L V4 this week. MSRP 28,070, have dealer offer for 25,460, OTD price including everything except tag is 27,100. How is this price for OTD? I'm in South Florida

He is now saying to get the car I want, color, he found one that has a Pro Pak for $499. I don't need/want it. Can I refuse or is it really in the car already?

Also deciding if I want to do a trade in on my '08 Accord EX, they offered 12K. Considering going to Car Max to see if they might offer more.

thanks much
    Hi, looking for some assistance. Looking to purchase an Accord Coupe EX L V4 this week. MSRP 28,070, have dealer offer for 25,460, OTD price including everything except tag is 27,100. How is this price for OTD? I'm in South Florida

He is now saying to get the car I want, color, he found one that has a Pro Pak for $499. I don't need/want it. Can I refuse or is it really in the car already?

Also deciding if I want to do a trade in on my '08 Accord EX, they offered 12K. Considering going to Car Max to see if they might offer more.

thanks much
    Owned3hondas
    Great advice for the members.

My point to buyers are this..........
    Know your make and model and options you want before contacting/ visiting dealers to buy.

Have a target price to buy and let all dealerships know that number for the sale that day.

Start your buying process / negotiations at the very end of any month or at Quarters end.

Do your homework/ research/ getting e-price quotes etc.. the 1st 3 weeks of any month first.. this includes getting outside financing approved.. buying the last days of the Month with a Realistic number to buy.

Supply and demand play a big part in pricing.

hope this helps ....................

good advice but hard to know a realistic good target price. on the EXL Coupe is $25,460 a good offer, OTD $27,168
  • chittinenichittineni Member Posts: 10
    Hello everyone,
    Glad to be a part of edmunds.com.....
    i bought a new 2013 Honda accord EX-l ,DFW area.. OTD 29531 including pro pack,tint,pairing pin. door edge....did i paid too much..i wasn't aware of those packages..i am not needing of them..but somehow the salesperson misguided me and i was trapped..i was feeling i paid 2k more ..i was trapped to take 8 yr extended warranty and 4yr maintenance too for 5grand...
    is there something i can do to get rid of those installed features now?
    your expertise suggestions are highly appreciated...
  • rocklirockli Member Posts: 11
    For the warranty you bought, I think you can cancel them and get the refund. But I am not sure how much you paid for that? You can refer to the paper work to get a number.
    Rockli..Thanks for your response..
    i paid 2880 for 8 yr premium plus warranty and 1770 for 4 yr maintenance...

is there a way to get rid of those unwanted installed packs like pro pack kind of stuff..and what do you think about my OTD price???:(
    What honda dealership did you buy from????. They worked you over good. What were you thinking????????? 5k

Read my posts and apply them so you dont get taken like this poor soul did.

Dont feel bad This happens to many folks who dont know how to buy. Its also a good thing to just say no to anything they are selling in that back office.

Brian125,
    i know i was stupid enough to pay as much they asked for.....
    what price do you think is the fair and reasonable for 2013 accord Ex-l 4 cyl ?
    is there a way that i can get back?
    edited May 2013
    Just put a deposit on the Accord Coupe EX L V4 with Pro Pack--OTD price 27,000

I did contact numerous other dealerships, one wrote me back and thought I was lying, said it was too good to be true and I should go ahead and get it.

what do you all think of this price?

Also doing a trade in on my '08 Accord EX, for 12,000, so will pay $15,000

going to pass on extended warranty as I probably will keep the car about 6 yrs. What do others think about maintenance plans, my gut says to pass?
    visit two to three dealers and fix your price before you commit...
    the offer what you have got seems reasonable if there is no hidden charges on that price...make sure you are not paying for any unwanted features that are going to install at the dealer...
    good luck...
  • brsbrsbrsbrs Member Posts: 2
    City: Atlanta
    State : GA

One quote, I got today is 27,799 Drive Out Quote. Is this a good Deal? I am still trying to get the quotes from dealers online.
    EXL-4 fair price = $25,899
    Invoice w dest charge= 26,399 - 500= 25,899 plus DMV, and your state taxes.

Cancel that extended warranty tomm. try to cancel maint/ svc 4 yr if you can i dont know what that is .

Do you have choice for not opting those pro pack and other stuff? or those features comes with your car...???
    I just got a price today from a very busy dealer in NJ for the sport with leather added for 21500 plus 780 destination which totals 22280. I was also informed that I could also receive an extra $500 flex cash when I asked.

I also visited a dealer today after speaking with the internet sales rep on the phone. Of course I got there and spoke with someone completely different. Anyway, I was told that the invoice for this car is 22900, MSRP 24980, and that it was impossible to go below this. When I told him that other dealers have gone below this in price, he pretty much just walked away which I thought was interesting. Oh well, I guess someone else will get my business.

Anyone else get similar prices?
    Some of those vehicles already have those options in them. The dealer will try to sell them to you. Just say NO.. Its in your best interest to tell every dealer what you want as far as options if any. Tell dealers if you cant find what i want i will buy else where.

edited May 2013
    Sounds like supply and demand tactics. I would call/check dealers inventory first then make my best deal with one of them by thurs. By phone dont waste your time driven around dealer to dealer.

Unfortunatly for you dealers know that at invoice price he could sell that 6 speed w no trouble.

buyer157 have you made a final purchase, email me, I am looking for a similar vehicle, njk444@yahoo
  • cid805cid805 Member Posts: 4
    City: Bethlehem Twp

State: Pa

I'm purchasing a 2013 Accord EX sedan, 4 cylinder, automatic and would appreciate advice on a reasonable offer for the combination of the invoice price ($24,037) plus the dealer's processing fee (for this exercise, let's assume $250) for a total of $24,287. I want to nail this part down first before considering the total OTD price (see below).

This is a cash purchase with no extras from the finance people. We keep our cars so I'll consider someone like Sacucci or Hyannis for Honda Care after this is settled.

My thought is to offer $23,600 or $687 less than the $24,287 above. The offer of $23,600 includes the dealer's processing fee and is a net $437 below invoice.

At $23,600, when i add the required 6.00% Pa sales tax ($1,416) and an estimated $150 for the required registration fee ($131 three years ago), the calculated OTD price is $25,166. Is this reasonable? I'd really like to offer no more than $25,000 OTD but feel that may be a little too aggressive.

I'm not into haggling, don't want to waste either my time or the dealer's and will walk if necessary.

We are about 60 miles north of Philly and plan to contact several NJ & PA dealers within 75 - 100 miles. This forum is extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for your advice!
    edited May 2013
    I think getting a couple a hundred off your price is very do-able and should not be a problem.

Make your offer to all the dealerships for the sale tomm. Try to nail down that price with dealerships closest to your home 1st.

No need to travel 60 to 100 miles to save 200 dollars.

• jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    For the future: the dealer needs your business and not the other way around so next time don't be pressured into buying a car with addons or extra crap that you don't want/need -- there are plenty of other dealers you could do business with...

Break down the OTD price so we know how much you actually paid for the car/accessories/doc fee/tax/title/plates -- tax/title/plates/doc fees vary by region so no one knows what you paid for the car if you just give a total OTD price

2013 EXL i4 CVT: $28,785 retail price w/ dest fee & $26,399 invoice price w/ dest fee

You want to be below the invoice price by $500-$1000 for it to be a good deal just for the car (accessories extra) -- since you alrdy bought the car with the overpriced accessories added on you probably did get screwed on the price so consider this a learning experience and move on. You alrdy bought the car so the dealer will not take back the overpriced accessories and its too late to negotiate the price on them so you're stuck with them

Read the extended warranty and prepaid maintenance paperwork for cancellation info -- you should have a certain amount of days in which you can cancel it. $2880 for 8yr warranty is crazy (you're better off keeping that money aside and paying for repairs out of pocket) and $1770 for 4yr prepaid maintenance is insane (you will not pay anywhere close to that amount out of pocket)

Cancel the warranty and maintenance ASAP and get your money back!!!

If you do want an extended warranty then you can buy Honda's extended warranty from online dealers for much cheaper price than what you paid (go for the $0 deductible plans). See the warranty thread here: http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef0eeb7?displayRecent

Get quotes from these online dealers:
    http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/
    http://www.hyannishondacare.com/
    http://www.bernardiservicecontracts.com/

Its too late to do anything about the car & accessories prices, but you should be able to get your $5k back for the warranty and maintenance -- do NOT let them push you around by delaying the cancellation or telling you to come back later (read the paperwork on how to cancel and make sure they do it)
    Brian, thanks for your help with this. If they don't have my desired color on the lot, I'm assuming they should be able to get it and this will not change terms of my offer.
    edited May 2013
    For anyone interested, I recieved an email from Millennium Honda that there is a 3 day sale there until May 31. The Accord LX Sedan I4 CVT price is $20,579. I assume this includes destination. NY law limits the doc fee to $75. So this would be a pretty good no hassle price.
    As others have said, there is a provision that allows you to cancel and get a refund of your extended warranty, assuming it is a HondaCare policy. Depending on your model level, you can get a 8 yr 120k warranty for about $1100 at hyannishondacare.com They say to check with them BEFORE you cancel your existing warranty.
  • mr_numbmr_numb Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    $22,280 + TTL for a Sport 6MT with added leather in NY/NJ would be a great deal, but it sounds too good to be true. The salesperson probably talked cheap over the phone to get you into the showroom rather than commit to a particular price.

Keep in mind price (which creeps closer to MSRP as demand increases), fees, and taxes vary by region - here in northern Illinois I see plenty of new domestics (Fusions in particular), but only a handful of new Accords.

I bought my car when there was still plenty of snow on the ground, so that plays into it also.

Hope you find what you're after - someone in NJ should be able to help you more than I can!
    Jatan,
    here is the break up: tell me what do you think....
    Selling price 28785
    discount 3027.99
    adj price 25757.01
    pro pack 799
    tint 299
    dooe edge 299
    pin stripes 299

total purchase 27453.01

doc fee 180
    tax 1715.81
    non tax fees 182.43

total 29531.25

can you tell me what will be the actual price for those accesories?
  • vinnuvinnu Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    First of all my apologies in delaying this post as i bought my car on Apr 30.Second I want to thank all the members in the forum who helped me in understanding the intrinsics of car buying details.
    I bought a 2013 Honda Accord EXL V4 Basque Red Pearl 2 on April 30 from David McDavid Honda, Irving, TX for 27200 OTD.This also includes tint,door edge guards,wheel locks,splash guard,trunk tray and pinstripe.
    I first did online bargaining via emails and then got a deal from one of the dealer for 25700 + taxes and the deal also mentioned that no extra add ons. So i thought of using this price as the base price, but later i read in this forums on how can one make a deal on month end. So i waited for the month end as read in the forums approached dealer with 1200 off on invoice price. The dealer from whom i bought told me that he will give me the car for 27000 OTD provided I go with Honda Financing.Once reaching the dealership they started the actual show saying that since its month end and they are low on inventory they cannot do it for 27000 OTD. Lot of bargaining went around and I was adamant that I cannot pay more than that. I later gave in and accepted for 27200 as I have decided to buy on that day. Further negotiations happened and the dealer wanted me to bump up by couple of hundreds and I said stern NO.Finally the deal got closed at 27200.

The split for the same is:
    Car price paid : 25256.02
    Taxes Paid (6.25%) : 1578.50
    Tags and other charges : 365.48

I made down payment of 5200$ and the remaining 22000 financing has been done through Honda.

The tricky part starts here. Until I went to meet the finance guy, I was under the notion that I will be going through my own financing which is through PenFed for 1.74% APR. Only once i met the finance guy I realized that it is Honda Financing and they charged me an APR of 4.61% for 5 years. I was very tired by that time and had no patience in negotiating further as it was already midnight. I called one of my friend and he told me that I can refinance later easily. Also the finance guy told me that there are no early payment fees.In the hindsight I feel it would have been better if I had negotiated with the correct APR. Anyways nothing much can be done now.I will be meeting the dealer this weekend to pick my number plates and then will check with them about refinancing. Also I have refinancing from PenFed for the same rate i.e. 1.74% APR.

Friends,
    Please advise if i am doing anything wrong with the financing model.

Once again thanks guys for helping in my car purchase and let me know if anyone has any questions.
  • juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    I am in north jersey, and have bought 3 hondas during the last few years. Sometimes some prices seem to good to be true, so be careful. I can most certainly tell you who is telling you lies to get you to the door, and who's giving you good numbers.

Also, some dealers will quote you on the standard config, and when you go to make a deal, cars they got have a boat load of accessories.

As I said I have been at most of the honda dealerships, as well as a few others (hyundai (2x), mazda (2x), VW, and Subaru, when I bought my last Honda last year. Feel free to IM me if you prefer, I can try and steer you in the right direction. Last Honda I bought, I pretty much named my price at 8:30PM on the 28th of the month and drove the car home in less than an hour. Long night for sure :) but worth it.
    1st of all you should have told the finance guy he had to beat or match your loan with penn fed. when you go back make dealer match or beat your penn loan. the dealership will not want to lose that 1.74% you already have.
    If dealer does not budge when you get your 1st payment from honda use that penn fed check to pay off there balance.

enjoy your new accord

• kr6822kr6822 Member Posts: 5
    I think you have overpaid because of the add on's and don't think you can do anything about it now. As the previous comments suggested cancel all your warranty stuff.

I have bought my car around mid april and paid 25,800 OTD (incl tax and tags, mud guards and wheel locks)
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8
    I have bought my car around mid april and paid 25,800 OTD (incl tax and tags, mud guards and wheel locks)

Can you break out your numbers, please...

Price Paid (for car):
    Sales Tax:
    Title/Tags:
    Options:
  • walletlesswalletless Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Just helped a neighbor buy a base model 2013 Accord LX Automatic with no add-ons/accessories in Bay Area (San Jose area). He just closed a deal for $20,248 + $80 doc fee + TTL (price includes destination fees). I don't exactly remember the final OTD price, but it was around $22300.

Good deal?

The neighbor is brand new in the country so he does not have any credit history. He had secured a 2.74% rate from a local credit union, which Honda finance was unable to meet/beat, so he kept his CU financing.
  • 336mil336mil Member Posts: 8

Can you break out your numbers, please...

Price Paid (for car):
    Sales Tax:
    Title/Tags:
    Options:

Sorry, I found your numbers up chain:

24046+790 (freight) + 394 (doc fee) +756.91(tax) + 69.75 (title and license) -300 (flex cash/towards honda finance 1.9%) = 25800 OTD
  • jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    adj price 25757.01 -- that's fine (you want to be $500-$1000 below the $26399 invoice price)
    pro pack 799 -- not sure what this includes, but I'm guessing floor mats + trunk tray + mud guards + wheel locks which you can buy online for around $300-350 (overpaid by $450-500)
    tint 299 -- probably costs around $150-200 depending on your area (overpaid by $100-150)
    dooe edge 299 -- I'm guessing its body colored rubber then $80 on eBay (overpaid by $220)
    pin stripes 299 -- completely useless so worth $0 to me (overpaid by $300)
    total purchase 27453.01 -- surprised that the dealer stayed below the car's $28785 retail price lol

If you care about having those accessories then you overpaid by $1100-1200, but if you didn't want accessories in the first place then you overpaid by $1700 (total price of the addons) -- maybe even more if they taxed the addons as well

Nothing you can do about it now -- just accept it as a life lesson and move on (cancel the warranty and maintenance as soon as you can)

You'll probably get a phone call or mailed survey from Honda asking you about your car buying experience -- let them know you were disappointed by the dealer pressuring you into buying the car with overpriced addons that you didn't want and that you'll stick with buying Toyotas in the future lol (you wont get any money back from Honda but at least they'll know you weren't happy about the buying experience)
  • slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    Brian125...the Subaru thread doesn't get the traffic the Accord thread gets so please excuse the desparate attempt to get your attention. I shopped a 13 Accord LX and and got a local dealer to $20,995. I shopped a comparable '13 Sube Impreza 5 door premium edition based on equipment and price point. Sube wins the business with a final negotiated price of 20,000. It's invoiced at $21267. They had it stickered for 22500 and added on a cold weather pkg for an extra $500 so it tipped out at $23,500 range. So...

Selling price: $20,000
    36 month lease
    12000 miles/per annum
    Residual 61%
    MF: .00100
    Base payment $223
    Monthly payment = $239 month ($223 + 6.75% tax)
    Due at signing: $583 (1st month of $223/$250 doc fee/$60 license and registration)

What say you Brian? Good deal or not so good? Appreciate the feedback!
    edited May 2013
    Just read the consumer report review on the New redesigned 2014 Forester.. It has taken over the top spot for best small Suv.
    My only concern was the reports claims the ride was not as good as the 2013 and wind noise was very noticeable.

As far as your deal on the Subaru. Impreza... Excellent price.
    If your residual, and MF; are correct you have done a good job.

I negotiated a deal for a Impreza last year for 900 below invoice with no doc fee's added. The CVT engine is said to be noisy

What is the name of the dealership your considering buying from..

Good luck

• slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42
    If this meets your seal of approval I am pretty happy then!!! I will be back soon once i pull the trigger
    City: Bethlehem Twp
    State: Pa

Brian, your advice was very very helpful and I thank you. I made a $25,000 OTD offer to five local dealers with four responses. One (Lehigh Valley Honda) met my offer price pretty quickly and was accepted. The other three were in the $25,450 - $25,500 range.

Making the offer at the end of the month helps. Two of the offers were good only through May 31.

I just got home with the Accord and was very pleased with the transaction. Everyone involved at Lehigh Valley Honda (Elizabeth, Jennifer, Michael and Matthew) was very helpful and professional. There were no surprises. The paperwork was pretty much ready when I arrived and we were done in about 90 minutes. I would definitely recommend them.

The breakdown of the $25,000 OTD is as follows:

Car price - $23,361
    Pa 6.00% Sales Tax - 1,402
    Registration, Tags, etc. - $237

The car price is a net $676 under invoice ($24,037). Could I have done a little better? Maybe, but the dealer is only 20 miles from home and a half-hour drive max. When i first started out, my goal was a net $800 under invoice.

I also ended up purchasing Honda Care (8/120k $0 deductible - Plan D82) at $1,240 retail. This seemed reasonable given what I had read in another forum about the on-line offers from Hyannis and others.

Thanks again!!
    Cid,
    Glad it worked out. Little effort by phone with meet my price i buy today.

End of the month buying always bears fruits..

Enjoy the Accord