Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    Steve
    Post the name of the dealership you purchased at.???

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• steve7515steve7515 Member Posts: 12
    Hi. Sorry...typing late at night and forgot to add the dealers.

Got the 2014 4cyl EX-L for $26150 sale price (price detail as above) at Millenium Honda in Hempstead (parents got a car there a few years back and had a good experience). Went through Internet sales dept them came down. Initially on the phone before I went in they wanted to charge a $500+ doc fee, but that quickly went to $0 without too much of a fight. If anyone does go there please mention Steve G.

Second best price was at Huntington Honda at $26,300 (similar price breakdown to Millenium). I probably could have gone back to Huntington to get that knocked down, but in the end would have been +/- $50 to Millenium. Also spoke to Bay Ridge in Brooklyn who said $26,300 was feasible, but never followed up.

Steve
  • steve7515steve7515 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Bill. Looking fwd to that new leather smell when I pick it up on Saturday!
  • cardionpcardionp Member Posts: 21
    Matt,
    What dealership is it? Are you looking at coupes or sedans in the v6?
  • djyoungcitydjyoungcity Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Mattlawscars:

I am looking for the same type of car you are in the raleigh area. I found Danville, VA to have the best deal. This is their price breakdown. I got them to throw in the trunk liner and wheel locks for free. Thinking of biting on this.
    They also have a lifetime drivetrain warrenty as well as 1 year exterior and 1 year interior protection against spills and nicks and such.

2014 Honda Accord EXL:

Internet Sales ePrice = $25,660.65
    Destination & Handling Included

Already Installed Accessories Additional = $0 (Unless dealer transfer has accessories on it)

Taxes = $821.94
    doc/processing Fee = $398.50
    NC License = $68.00 (New Tags)

North Carolina Out-the-door ePrice = $26,949.09

How does this look for a 4 door, 2014 EX-L Accord, 4 cylinder ?
  • gil123gil123 Member Posts: 16
    Have you called around? You may have more buying power this weekend than I did since it's the close of the month. I had to buy last weekend because of work conflicts with this weekend.

I can tell you that LowJack would save us $8 per 6-months on our Accord via Progressive Insurance. We didn't buy it. LowJack itself costs you $700-$1000, plus they recommend servicing every 2 years for $99. So no, it won't save you any money.

Of course, Accords are high on the stolen-vehicle list, and California also has a high theft rate, so you might want to buy it for those reasons.
  • plubarplubar Member Posts: 5
    Hi iffi,

Are you getting any under invoice quotes for 2014 models in MSP? The best quote I received is invoice for an EX-L.
  • goterps911goterps911 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm getting dealer saying 27850 - 500$ flex, plus tax tag title for a v6 coupe, seems kinda high for a year old car. What do you guys think? What should I counter with / price I should strive for?
  • etienne39etienne39 Member Posts: 11
    I'm just telling you what an experienced sales person told me regarding the 5 day return. He said some people feel they can buy the car cheaper elsewhere, buyers remorse ect...He specifically said it could be returned in 5 days. This dealership sells a ton of cars, owns a lot of commercial property in Orlando, (very wealthy family) with tons of car and RV dealerships. So, am sharing what I was told.

So all I can say is call them and ask, Holler Honda, Orlando.

I paid for my trunk matt. (179.00) Are most people getting them free?

If you're in the Orlando area there are really only two Honda dealerships to choose from. Holler and Coggins. Holler DOES NOT negotiate prices, and Coggins does. I didn't check Collins prices.
  • roy74roy74 Member Posts: 2
    A dealer is quoting $27,900 for 2014 Accord Ex-l V6 no navigation. The price includes destination fee, but excludes tags and taxes.

My question is
    1. Is it a good price for 2014 model?
    2. If I take Honda financing, can I ask for flex cash?
    3. What else can I negotiate? :)

Thanks,
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    If there ever was a come on for car shoppers - here comes www.TRUECAR.com . This sleazy outfit tricks unsuspecting buyers that it is showing all of the prices for vehicle purchases in the general area - they are not. RIPOFFCAR does no such thing. Instead they do not include prices the heavy discounters sell to the public with. This has the effect of making unsuspecting carbuyers believe they are getting a good deal - but they are not. I can't believe consumer reports and other "reputable" organizations use this outfit. Don't spend a dime with Consumer Reports or any other service who use TRUECAR. Every time these sleezeballs help get a car sold, they get $300 bucks for the "lead". So if you go on USAA or american express and get a price off of their websites, instead go direct to the internet manager or use Carwoo to get a better one. I hope the CEO of TRUECAR chokes on it. By the way, I am merely offering an opinion. I believe in free speech. Thanks to Edmunds for this message site. And enjoy your new Honda Accord - what a great car.
  • plagwateplagwate Member Posts: 24
    So what's the catch? Truecar is offering a 2014 EX-L V6 sedan in my area for $28,218. This is supposed to include destination, thus placing this car about $325 below invoice. If I pursue this deal, what can I expect to happen once I contact the dealer? You're obviously passionate about your position so please elaborate.
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Listen to what this poster is saying - you can almost always negotiate a better deal on your own if you know what you're doing and arm yourself with as much car buying knowledge as possible.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    To start with - if you buy through TRUECAR, they get $300 bucks. Since you have a price with "no negotiation", why not email at least 10 car dealerships in the Area for the car you are looking for. Also, ask in this forum who in your area has recently purchased and for what price- show a city/state Area. People are great in this forum and share their experiences. If you are in the Wash DC metro Area, I can give you prices from the emails received from two dealerships. I bought through one of them 2 years ago and am planning on buying another at the end of either October or November. Criswell and Ourisman Honda are discount dealers in the DC area and I am sure this forum can provide you the discount dealers close to the Area you live in. If you must buy go through the internet manager and see if you can get at least $300 under the RIPOFFCAR price. Don't forget to also not fall for the "paperwork or document fees which some dealers mark up to $500 which does nothing but pad their pockets.
  • plagwateplagwate Member Posts: 24
    Valid points IF you have the inclination to haggle with a dozen or so dealers via phone and email. Frankly, I'd skip it all if the savings is only going to net me a couple hundred bucks. It just isn't worth the time and aggravation. But I can appreciate that there are many here who get a rush from the negotiation process. I know enough not to overpay for doc fees, detailing fees and other profit centers that these dealers concoct. But calling Truecar rip-off artists is a little extreme IMHO.
    You are absolutely correct about the haggle - but if you don't want to haggle, then at least use CarWOO which is independent of Fake car Price or Truecar You can either accept the price offered or you can use the multiple offeres received through CARWOO and then use them to go back to each dealer who offered you a price for their best and final. Not so much haggling, but I would bet you'll get a far better deal for one days work. If you don't like the price, you don't have to buy. Best of luck with the purchase and I am sure you will enjoy your new Honda, they are great cars.
    edited September 2013
    Truecar................... is a good service for the Un educated buyer. Pricing is way off. It may be more accurate price wise in the sticks were there are 2 dealerships in a 300 mile area. Otherwise its useless The Only way to get a good price and determine your area's market value is to call/ email or visit dealerships at months end. If you dont like to haggle or feel a few hundred dollars is not worth you effort, then just reading thru these posts will give you a good idea on pricing. Hopefully there are people in your area posting on here.

You could get a internet quote or a price from the salesman in the dealership for 20,500 on Sept 15th. If you go to buy at the end of the month more than likely that price is 500 to 1000 less than the initial offer. This i have proven year after year after year. We always take into consideration Supply and demand, time of the year, and area on pricing.

Steve................ Thanks

enjoy your new accord

• jj_cvjj_cv Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys,

I wanted to get your thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not? Thank you in advance for your help! It's been interesting to sort through all the pricing, fees, and all that each dealers are throwing.

Car: Honda Civic EX-L w/ Navi
    Lease Term: 36 months (12k miles/year)
    Money factor: 0.00075
    Guaranteed value after lease: 55%

Offer: $326 (including tax)
    + Drive off fee: $683 ( -- is this standard?)
    + 0 due at signing

Is this a fair deal? good deal? Any comments or suggestions?
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure someone can help you in here. You need to post more info.
    2013 or 2014............ Civic exl w/ nav ?
    what is the vehicle selling price?
    Cap cost ?
    residual ?
    you need to break down your drive off fee's ?

Invoice price On a 2013 w/dest=22,867

I'm assuming you did not get a answer in the civic leasing forum.

Huskerfan or gmanusmc will advise in this forum

• altwin75altwin75 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks gil. No I have not contacted Honda dealers yet. I was actually looking for a 2014 Mazda6 Touring. I received several offers with one $800 below invoice (destination included). Mazda6 has excellent reviews except for its infotainment which was described by all reviews as being worthless. This was a turn off for me. I am now looking for a 2014 EX-L.

I will call Mercury Insurance to see how much Lowjack can save me but I may not get it anyway.
  • capegirl5capegirl5 Member Posts: 35
    I was quoted $28, 400 doc fees included...that was the lowest of 6 quotes on a 2014 Accord Sedan EX-L 6V. According to my research, invoice is around 27,500. The dealership explained to me that they aren't as willing to negotiat.e on the 6V because Honda doesn't produce many (supply is down). I posted a few days ago about that but didn't get one reply. I am waiting until Monday, (last day of the month & quarter) and we will see where they are at. I think you have a decent deal...you could always ask them to thow in some accessories you want or a window tint, etc. good luck!
  • jj_cvjj_cv Member Posts: 5
    Oops didn't realize this is accord specific, found it through google search.

MSRP is $24,555 for the 2013 Civic EX-L Automatic, Leather seats, and with Navigation.

Dealer gave me $21,467 price.
    Residual is 55% = 0.55*21,467 = $11,807
  • roy74roy74 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the information. I will also wait for Monday :)
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited September 2013
    I cannot say what a good price would be at the end of this month or next month. It all depends on the market price in your area when shopping the last two days of the month. Supply and demand would also be a factor.

I do not want throw out any numbers, since that would be a guess. Where are you located? Have you gotten any other quotes on the 2014 model?
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • cl171cl171 Member Posts: 6
    got a honda accord ex l 2014 i4 for $25100 + 350 doc fees, MA taxes and registrations came out to about 27000.
    edited September 2013
    What dealership sold you 2014 for 1550 below invoice ? I doubt your numbers are correct.

boch honda!
  • drumzdrumz Member Posts: 11
    Brian,

Would you please tell us the salesperson's name ?
    I did not post that sale price. I questioned it.. No dealership is going to sell you a 2014 at that price................... Nobody. Unless its a 2013 model.

What's a good price for this weekend in Maryland? Anyone have any recommendations on dealers? Dealer quoted me 27300 inc flex for a v6 2dr but that seems like it's invoice price?
    Invoice incl destination is around $28.5 - supply is probably limited - you're at 1200 under factoring flex - what is your goal? Does the $27.3k factor in dealer doc fee?

Bill G
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the response , they are saying 200$ doc fees as well. So 27.5 plus tax tag. I guess I didn't think to factor in destination, but it still seems kinda high. Anyone purchase a 2 or 4 dr v6 recently and can provide their cost breakdowns? Would be much appreciated so I can have the upper hand come this weekend when I head into the dealers. Thanks
    edited September 2013
    Try these dealerships for pricing

Criswell
    Sport
    Pohanka

Maybe Anderson.. beware they add alot of accessories on there vehicles. i have tried 3 times on a match price with above 3 dealerships which was refused.

3rd quarter ends next monday. if your looking for a lowest possible price on a 2013 or 2014 model Sat ,Sun and Monday will be your best chance. Dealerships that pricing was not as good last month may be a different story this month. Get as many dealerships involved as possible and make your best deal by monday night.

• janslpjanslp Member Posts: 2
    Looking to purchase a 2013 EX-L w/Nav, hopefully this weekend. Any recommended San Diego area dealers? Getting ready to email internet sales dept's but not a lot of info on SD here in the forums.

I'd consider Temecula or Orange County as well.

Thanks.
  • iffiiffi Member Posts: 5
    Thanks

I live in Minneapolis/St Paul. Have got quotes from 4 dealers (Inver Grove, Buerkle, Walser and Richfield) and they are all quoting around $300 over invoice for 2014 EX (ie around $24,600). OTD total is pretty similar for them too.

Thanks
  • iffiiffi Member Posts: 5
    For 2014 EX the best I am getting is $300 over invoice right now via email.
  • hookstahooksta Member Posts: 3
    MSRP for this loadout appears to be $32,910. What's a reasonable price to purchase this car for? I won't have a trade-in.

Truecar's website tells me I can get $1,898 off MSRP. Are there other websites you can suggest that will help me determine what to pay?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    I agree, Brian. Those numbers do not add up on a 2014 model. It ccould have been a 2013 model. We need more info on this deal.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    Herb Chambers lowest price on 2014 was $25800 for an EX L.
    Honda Cars of Boston/Herb would not match the price I got.

It's going to take some time and effort, but my suggestion is to send out emails to all the dealers in the area. Work with the Internet Dept first so you're not dealing with any sales people directly.

Then reply to one of them and tell them that Honda cars of Boston offered you $25,213 for a 2013 Honda Accord EX L - Although you weren't too picky about the color you prefered xyz.

See what they say. If they match, I'd say stop by dealer 1 and put a deposit down but do not do any financing term yet. Tell them you're busy and that you'll come back the next day to finalize the deal.

Continue replying to other dealers and let them know you've made a deposit down at Dealer one but that you werent too sure if you got the best deal or not.

Hopefully if they really want the business they'll either match it or beat it.
    If they beat it, call back dealer 1 and let them know you don't want to move forward with the purchase anymore because dealer 2 offered you a better price.

This was what I did, and eventually dealer 2 offered me a 2014 for 25,100 for which I got dealer 1 to match.

Feel free to send me a msg if you guys want more help. I'll be happy to show you a copy of my invoice if you don't believe me
    edited September 2013
    Read thru these boards and educate yourself on buying and pricing. There are no websites that can help you unless you know how and when to buy. Relying on any websites especially true car are useless in the buying game.

edited September 2013
    Listen your strategy may work but not at this time of the year with very limited 2013/2014 stock on most of these dealerships lots. Limited stock means dealers dont need your business for that vehicle.. limited 2014 models means honda will not sell at pricing we see now. This is Supply and demand. The uneducated buyer who walks in that dealership will by that car not knowing he is getting ripped off. Thats who these dealers are preying on right now.

Any one buying up in boston should use this posters as a referral buy.
    all you need is posters 1st name, and first name of person he dealt with for a similar deal of 1550 below invoice on a 2014 model minus the 350 doc fee's.

Telling any dealership you have a deposit on a vehicle and your calling them for pricing means your lying and that dealership will identify you and play games or simply wont deal with you. The games and tactics you are using are basic and not effective. I think you should read some of my posts to understand buying and how to play the game better.

great points. I think I got really lucky with my purchase.

Good luck to all that are in the market!
    Def. Buy before the month is over.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Wow. Great price.
  • cardionpcardionp Member Posts: 21
    I hope I did ok. I'm finally ready to leap. I doinked around too long with 2013 and selection became sparse. I could not get anyone to answer me on these forums for some reason but I watched and I read and I went for the 2014 v6 sedan. We settled at 1000 below invoice. 27,500. I'm not sure I want to know if I could have done better. From everything I read I think I did ok.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Yes, Brian it IS Supply and Demand that determines pricing.

You stated.." Dealers don't need your business"

Actually, they DO need your business. They just don't want to cheap sell a car when there is no reason to...remember...Supply and Demand.

Would you?

Customers aren't getting "ripped off" nor are they being "prayed on" when they are paying market value for a car or anything else for that matter.

Finally, you are correct about lying to a dealer. They know when you are lying and they WILL quickly lose respect and interest. I know I sure did.

All of the "games and tactics" a crafty shopper can pull have been seen many times in the past.

It really doesn't have to be a miserable, combative experience. It can even be fun as I tried to make it for my customers.
    as if dealers are pure angels....

it's just a game and whoever wants the deal the most usually are the ones that loses.

but in the end it's a two way street. my sales person was very nice and I gave him a great survey. people just need to do their proper research and find a price that they're willing to pay that's all.

you guys are all right though it's all supply and demand like everything else in this world
    edited September 2013
    I have a sickening/ but true Car story... i think you can relate to.. Bob buys a 2013 jeep 3 days ago. He walks into the dealership and strikes a deal for 900 above dealers invoice price. The Salesman tells him there is just one jeep left and someone else put a deposit down but cant afford it . Salesman tells bob You can have it i'll even knock off 100 dollars off this already great price i'm giving you. Bob agree's and pays for vehicle plus a 399 doc fee charge. What bob does not know is that same vehicle sells for close to 1700 below invoice right now for a informed/ Educated, savy buyer.

Dealer would rather sell to poor bob than me especially for my price. This is supply and demand........... Isell this happens every day in the real world. I bet that salesman made bobs buying experience very special and stress free.

Why would any dealer need my business with limited stock when there are thousands of Bobs buying cars.
    Folks are getting ripped off. Being lazy and not educating themselves on car buying/ pricing means.............. they get what they deserve. I'm happy for the dealerships god bless them. The flip side is the educated buyer who will challenge you on pricing and negotiate just as good if not better than the car people. God bless us. You hate it. Its ripping a hole threw your heart. i can feel your pain with every posting.

And here is the moral of this story. I know Bob!!!! And so do you.

edited September 2013
    Brian Brian Brian - I love ya like a brother man, but what the heck are you saying? That it's the Dealer's fault that Bob went in to buy a vehicle at a price he agreed to? That it's the dealer's fault that Bob didn't do his homework to get the lowest possible price (if he wanted to). That the dealer doesn't have the right to sell a vehicle at a price that is agreeable to both parties? My philosophy is I have a right to negotiate the best price I can and the dealer has a right to sell at a price that makes sense to him/her to stay in business. Most of us on these sites have acquired a great deal of car buying knowledge which helps us get great deals. Where I differ with what you state in your post is I don't think it's the Dealer's fault if an uninformed buyer comes in and buys a vehicle at a price agreeable to both. Now if they use unethical tactics or charge an out of line "doc" fee, hopefully they are exposed and consumers alerted to avoid them.

I don't think Isell "hates it" or that it's ripping a hole "through" his heart - I think you misjudge him and his intent. I don't hear that in his posts. My 30 years of military experience, 22 as an officer, helped me become a fairly good judge of people (my opinion - don't flame). I don't recall seeing anything but respectful and informative info come from Isell. The good thing is if you don't freaking agree with what he has to say, you can just ignore it and move on.

Hey, I'll let ya go now so you can go tell Bob about Edmunds and that he should've waited til the last two days of the month (just yanking your chain).

Take care,

Bill
  • carey258carey258 Member Posts: 2
    Hi cardionp, what dealership did you get that price from? Thank you!