Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• glastonburyglastonbury Member Posts: 22
    Actually, I'm thinking of picking up another 2014 Accord EX-L with Nav for my Mom. (I just bought an EX-L last week). Thanks for any info.
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43
    That is a hell of a deal. I will be looking for an EXV6 in about 6 months. I didn't think the price would ever get to the level you got. Might be worth a shot then to expand prices outside of NJ where I am at.
  • veersveers Member Posts: 81
    Ya, not a home run, but a decent triple. Also got free lifetime powertrain warranty and carpet mats. Looked at the docs again, and the price was $26,930 plus TTL. NJ was awful, couldn't get anyone under $27,600 and all the dealers told me that there was no point shopping around since "we all pay Honda the same amount for the car" and "we won't be undercut on price, we will match any competitor offer." All lies and bs, as per usual. I would definitely work with the big N Va and MD dealers and look for a steal. It's hard to know who will play ball, but you just got to find the right salesman at the right dealership at the right time, and you may hit a real home run.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2013
    Pricing in the MD, Baltimore/ Va area's are quite lower than the rest of the country. If the savings is worth the trip like veers is doing you will make a hell of a deal. I have not paid much attention to all his specific's on his deal but i'm sure that dealership is either going for that special money being given by the honda corp or that dealer may have another incentive he is trying to make by close of Dec.. No dealer is losing money on any 2014 vehicle with accessories thrown in or not. Dealerships that sell cars 9 out of 10 will always throw in pro packs, splash guards, mats, rear deck lids etc to close the deal.

funny thing is some poor slob that walks into that dealership will get banged out for those same added accessories.

All you guys buying on the East coast should take advantage of this months pricing you will get a hell of a deal this month. Especially in the regions mentioned above. Even in your area pricing will be better than the last couple of months.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• danny555danny555 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Dear all,

I am getting a 3 yr lease deal on Accord 2014 sport cvt -195 per mo 3650 down 12k miles...
    i am new to this forum...please suggest is this a good deal and what else i should ask/know from dealer before i sign up ... please help
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699
    Check out the lease thread in this forum before you finalize any deal. One recent deal on the car you are considering was 265 a month including tax with around 400 paid at lease signing. That's a total of 9940 for the 36 month lease. Your quote comes out to 10670 so there should be some room for improvement on the deal. Be patient, educate yourself on how a lease is calculated, and get quotes from as many dealers as you can - you should be able to land a great deal. One last thing - pay as little as possible up front to get into a lease.

Bill G
    2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
  • zigster38zigster38 Member Posts: 117
    You are not doing so well on this deal - but you haven't signed the paperwork yet. :) First of all, any dealer's first or even second offer includes $$$$ in profit for them. You make *them* the offer, and you'll do much better.

For this car - basically if you give them first month plus fees up front (about 600 bucks) you are looking at 225-250 a month (not including tax) depending how well you can bargain. Good luck!
  • hiker10hiker10 Member Posts: 17
    I find you have to look at the state to compare leases. Someone on this forum mentioned not to put so much money upfront because you end up not being able to recover it if your car is totaled. If it is the only way you can finance a car because you are only approved for so much money, then you have to. I find Southern California to be high.
    It comes down to how much am i willing to pay. Good or bad credit. If you have bad credit and you want that new ride you might have to pay 18% interest for car. Or be forced into putting more money down.

It does not matter what state your in.. You apply the same formula for leasing and buying. With leasing you need the right numbers for the lease Residual, money factor and cap cost etc. Then negotiating the lowest price for that vehicle, now work the lease numbers off that price is how you proceed. Some area's may be selling that model a little cheaper. Your states tax rate/ dmv fee's/ doc fee's is where states differ.

Again if your credit is not good you have to pay more.

• danny555danny555 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    thx all for guidance .... i am from NJ and the first payment is inlcuded in the down payment;

i am new to US so i don't have a credit history somebody is signing for me as cosignor with 780 score.

i hav another option for exl 3650 down 252 per month 15k miles for 36 months.

I will re nego for doing a less down ...but suggest me if the car is total or stolen will the gap insurance not work
    edited December 2013
    That is what I meant, that the price would be different. If I was using the Weymouth Honda calculator, I don't think I could find a dealer leasing for that price. The price of the car would be more. How about Honda incentives? Would that vary from state to state? Also, could a dealer change numbers (not the price of the car) from that month's numbers to bring up the price of the lease?
  • adamr1adamr1 Member Posts: 43
    So the 26,930 included all dealer fees as well, that 200-500 they always throw in of administrative charges?
  • veersveers Member Posts: 81
    yep. I would expect others will be able to match/beat this given the $3k December incentive.
    Danny - gap insurance will cover the difference if the payoff is more than the value of the car in a total loss situation but it will not cover any amount that was paid up front at the beginning of a lease. Anything paid at lease signing is lost if the car is totaled or stolen and not recovered.

Bill G
    Buyers with a qualifying credit score can buy or lease a vehicle with little or no money up front. Those whose credit score does not qualify would need to adjust expectations as far as a monthly payment would be concerned. However, a lower credit score should not keep someone from negotiating the lowest selling price they can - the lower the selling price, the lower the payment.

Bill G
  • aaloke83aaloke83 Member Posts: 6
    Email me on aaloke83@rediffmail.com
    I can provide you all the details. Good luck. My 2014 EX-L non navi price was 24900 after considering flex cash. For navi you could add the MRP difference and possibly negotiate further.
  • hogan773hogan773 Member Posts: 255
    Nice work Veers - now you beat my record by 49 bucks plus you got all that cr*p dealer stuff thrown in too (although actually I personally wouldn't want some of that stuff like splashguards - not even if they're free - but personal choice).

You were patient and I think the market moved to you with some of the new incentives in the background.

Enjoy your V6. It's a great car. My only sadness right now is that my poor car is sitting outside in 1 degree weather and looks like a dirty piece of cr*p with salt and ice and everything on it.
  • gilmourjunkiegilmourjunkie Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I got a quote from an internet dealer in Pittsburgh for $18,987 + tax/plates. After getting offers from other dealerships, that seems to be a pretty good deal. Thoughts?
  • slickproslickpro Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    May I ask the name of the dealer please? Seems like you have a nice price quote. In the market for one as well.
    Thanks.
  • rockerbravesrockerbraves Member Posts: 1
    Read some of the recent nice deals made on the Accord EXL models and was wondering what someone should expect to pay for the 2014 Accord Sport.
  • jad8jad8 Member Posts: 1
    Are there any dealerships in NC that can give a honest quote? Have not found one yet? The only quotes that are farily good are in N. VA.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    Does that price include the destination fee and any incentives?

MSRP for the LX w/CVT is $23,545 (price includes the destination fee)
    Invoice price is $21,620 (price includes the destination fee)

Your quote sounds too good to be true (if the price does not include any incentives).
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    I have read posts on another forum on Edmunds where owners of the 2013 Honda feel like a jerking at slow speeds, along with a few other software issues because of the technology. Everyone that has purchased a car on this particular forum talks about how happy they are with the purchase. Does anyone know if they have ironed out these things on the 2014, or it it something that is just part of the way the car drives? I am just wondering if I should extend my lease until 2015 so they have time to work out any complaints from consumers.Thanks
    I think some cases are worst than others. I bought my V6 exl back in Feb and did experience this more in the first couple of months. Im sure if there is a issue honda will adjust this problem on the 2014's. The more people who log this complaint about the jerking/ software will get hondas attention.

My friend who has the 4cyl. Exl accord has been telling me the car jerks around alot a lower speeds. He bought the car back to the dealership to get check out. i never followed up on what they did. i will look into it thou and post it.

• onetwo3onetwo3 Member Posts: 5
    I got a couple of internet quotes on the EX today. Invoice +100 and Invoice+200.

Both include destination.

The dealer at Invoice+100 said they have flex cash, if the car is financed, bringing the price to invoice - 400.

With the additional incentive being offered this month, how much better do you think I'll be able to do? I'd love to see invoice - $500 AND then throw in the flex cash and other cash back incentives. Realistic?

It shouldn't matter on our negotiated price, but we also qualify for $500 new grad cash. :shades: . What do we show up with at purchase time to get that - a transcript?
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems they were doing some software updates to remedy the reported problems. Like a radio making a screeching sound and you had to turn the car off and start it again. Like rebooting a computer. The more high tech, the greater chance of error. Can't do without all that, though!
    Get several dealerships involved. making a offer of 500 below invoice plus flex cash for the sale that moment to all your emailed and called dealerships. Some area's are selling alot lower than 500 below.. your number is very Do- able. Check board out to see pricing.

What area are you looking to buy.

• dannyk7dannyk7 Member Posts: 12
    I find that my car (2014 accord) does this too. It is minor, but noticeable. Also I found the forward collusion warning to working less than half the time or could be the way I drive.
    edited December 2013
    I thought the same but Honda is offering 3K dealer incentives in Dec. from what I've read. I think that factors into the lower price. No freight charge, etc. However, reading CVT issues, I may not be interested anyway now.
  • blitzkreig31blitzkreig31 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    I need help they gave me a deal of Inv-300$ + Flex Cash of 500$ on Accord sport coming at 22200, do you guys think its good deal.

Thanks in advance.
    as it turns out, having re-read the offer it includes ALL incentives... military, recent grad, etc. None of which would I qualify for. So I'm coming in around 20K for a LX if my calculation is right plus tax/title. I'll probably wait giving this info.
    That is not a good deal. If I were you, I would wait till the last 2 days of the month and make an offer of at least $500 off invoice plus flex cash.

BTW, how did you get to the price of $22,200?

Invoice pricing for the 2014 Sport model is $23,225 (including destination fee). Hence $300 below invoice would be $22,925. If you include the $500 flex cash (applied towards your down payment), that price drops to $22,425.

Are there any other incentives in that price you were quoted?
    I thought the same but Honda is offering 3K dealer incentives in Dec.

Do not worry about those dealer incentives, since they would not be passed on directly to customers. Your main focus is to negotiate the lowest price of the car with the techniques, and information found on this forum.

Your best bet might be to wait the last 2 days of the month, as suggested by Brian, and make a BUY NOW offer.
    edited December 2013
    This is what you need to do; call or email that dealership and ask for a price quote that does not include any incentives BUT includes the destination fee. If they start to play games with you, move on to the next one.

There is a wealth of information that should help you negotiate a good deal.
  • szorlszorl Member Posts: 3
    Well, I'm still searching for the best deal on a 2014 EX-L and have reached out to dealers outside the Central Florida area. I received a quote from Brandon Honda near Tampa yesterday of 26397.00 but after looking at it further, they said I had to add tax, tag/title, dealer fee of 689.00 and desitnation fee of 830.00 which brings it to 27916.00 before tax and tag and title. Doesn't seem like a good deal to me although they include the following:
    Pinstripes
    Door Edge Guards
    Wheel Locks
    Mudguards
    Cargo Tray
    Do you want those accessories with the car? If yes, find out from the dealer what the price of those accessories are and negotiate with the dealer. If not, either tell the dealer you want a car without accessories or you will not be paying for the extra add-ons.

BTW, the destination fee should be $790 and not $830. What's the second or third best offer you have received?
  • szorlszorl Member Posts: 3
    Autonation in Sanford - 26378.00
    Holler Honda, Winter Park - 27139.00

These prices included Destination Fee but the above offers are a couple of weeks old too.
    How much are their doc fees?

Are you planning to buy a car in the next few days or weeks? When you are ready, you need to make an offer to BUY TODAY for $XXX.

There is a lot of good information on this forum on how to go about negotiating the best deal and not get screwed.
  • johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    I checked the site's invoice price for the 2014 Honda Accord EX and it is $24,523. People are saying we can get about $500 off invoice price right now which makes the selling price $24,000. But I just priced the price promised on this website and a lot of dealers price promise is $23,315. That is about 1200 off invoice price. That price includes destination fee too. It is too good of a price to be true or is there just to much competition in Southern California that they have to sell it for that low? I did the math and it came out as

Price (including destination charge) $ 23,315.00
    Documentation fee(s) (not gov't. fee) $ 80.00
    Taxable Total: $ 23,395.00
    8.00% Sales tax $ 1,871.60
    Subtotal with taxes: $ 25,266.60
    Registration (title) and license fees† $ 250.00
    Additional Official fee: Tire Fee $ 37.75
    FINAL PRICE $ 25,554.35

Is this a good price for the 2014 Honda Accord now? I didn't ask about the flex cash but will discuss it with them. Even w/o flex cash it is a deal worth going for? Thank you for any inputs.
    edited December 2013
    Where are you in Southern California that tax is 8 percent? You should also know the out- the-door price because they can add things like accessories and extended warranties. I received a quote from Norm Reeves Honda Cerritos for the same car. 4 door CVT. 23309 with destination. $25986.77 with tax, lic, doc. They wrote doesn't include incentives if financing with Honda Financial. Also said they don't require purchase of accessories, extended warranties. I was interested in a lease but it seemed high. They sent a lease calculator starting with 1999 down. Similar to Honda's advertised lease. I wrote them back and said if the price of the vehicle is 23309, what is the monthly cost of the lease assuming I qualify for best credit and incentives. I got their name reading through this forum.
  • glastonburyglastonbury Member Posts: 22
    Brian, You hit the nail on the head. I also had another challenge - my other car died and that was a big driver in not shopping around more.

I think even Connecticut folks (where virtually everything costs more) can get below 25,500. Problem is, you can't really tell who is truthful on these sites (freakonomics 101 - what's the incentive?).

Oh, and the dealers troll edmunds like flies on [non-permissible content removed]...looking for leads.

That's the human condition.
    edited December 2013
    usually if i'm buying a vehicle for someone here in the new york or the boarding 4 states near me i know what market prices bear. i see in other forums how people lie about pricing. By contacting several dealerships will help you find out what pricing is in your area. you guys need nobody but yourself to determine your area's market price..

always beware of posters who claim they got great deals but offer no info/ dealership/ contact info. use these boards with judgement and common sense and you will be fine.

• johnnguyen714johnnguyen714 Member Posts: 46
    I live in Orange County. I got my quote from Norm Reeves in Huntington Beach.
    edited December 2013
    I have to drive 50 miles but that is the best quote I have received. I just wrote I couldn't get anything close to the Weymouth Honda lease. They are located in Boston. It is a calculator they have on their website. I am going in this weekend so I will see what happens. They are a volume dealer. Thanks to Brian for emphasizing it is the price of the car.
    edited December 2013
    Hiker
    Im not sure what price Weymouth honda is using on your vehicle. I would check to see how much below invoice Weymouth is calculating on your model and use there numbers to get a similar deal by you. There is always some more room to negotiate off Weymouths number.

If your volume dealer wont match Weymouth website lease walk out but before going tell that dealer they need to match or beat for the sale on that day. Most if not all high volume dealerships will match Weymouth Honda website lease .......... Especially in late Dec.

edited December 2013
    It's about the same price with the $500 flex cash. I don't want to make a conquest. I just want a straightforward transaction. No add-ons. I have never had to pay fees when turning a leased car in, so I don't want them to find something. I would think a salesperson would not want to haggle either after making an offer that I had accepted.I will bring a print-out of the Weymouth price just to have. Thank you for the advice. I will see what happens!
  • lil_owllil_owl Member Posts: 47
    null
    Have you checked out Spreen? Staysi in Internet sales offered me an EX for $22,624. I posted her quoted prices back in November and they were honored for another member. Give her a call.
    Good luck
    Florence
  • rossm1rossm1 Member Posts: 14

Anybody knows good dealership (for good price) in Massachusetts
    Looking for V6-EXL sedan
    Thanks

edited December 2013

@rossm1

Try Honda Cars of Boston. They do not play games.

Have you reached out to any of the volume dealerships such as Herb Chambers or Boch Honda for pricing?

What happened to the spell check feature is it on this new format???