Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• condo56condo56 Member Posts: 13
    Yes NAV and DVD! It took me a 2 weeks and 3 dealerships to get this price. I was at 37800 when I started. I checked these forums and brought in all my information about invoice etc. One dealership wasn't budging but then I went to a different one that I had spoken to a few times and they took the deal right away. It was the very last day of the month and the very last day of the incentive period. I think that helped. Good Luck! You can get them down!
  • odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    You all might find a more accurate inventory number for the 2011s using cars.com.
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2010
    Dealers usually do not update cars.com inventory that frequently. None of the websites has correct inventory information as not all the dealers participate with all the web sites. Even dealers own web site will have information on the cars that was sold 2 weeks ago, still available. Best way to deal the situation either call the dealership to see if they have color and trim you are looking for available or go in odd hours when they are closed so no body bothers you to check their inventory.
  • dpresdpres Member Posts: 17
    does this deal include destination? it just seems about 1k too low from everything else i've been seeing. it is also 1700 less than the Zag price. Best i've seen so far in my area is 38,200 with no doc fee but destination is included. thanks.
  • cheapreadingcheapreading Member Posts: 32
    Picked up 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring in Crystal Black this evening from Weymouth Honda in Weymouth MA (just south of Boston) for my wife.

$41,525 MSRP
    $36,067 including destination
    $239 doc fee
    + Tax & Title & Registration (all state fees, no markup)

+ 2.99% for 60 months (borrowing money is so cheap these days)

Great dealership. Prices online for all new Hondas if you login.
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    wow - that is an amazing price. Congrats
  • kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52
    edited November 2010
    did you have trade-in in your deal? or is your van a demo sale? your price is more than 5k off of MSRP, which seems impossible in the 5th week of sale.
  • sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    What they can produce and what they will produce are two different things. Honda builds more than one vehicle at this plant. It makes no economic sense too build too much. Especially in this economy. There has been a massive change in the market for new vehicle sales. All manufacturers are tieing their production more closely to the smaller market. So, until consumers are rushing down to all car lots to buy the latest and greatest, everyone is going to see limited availability, especially of new models. The days of massive incentives are gone. Scaled back, Yes!
    I checked with them and they show about $28k for an EX, if they will really sell it for that. That would be a great deal for us if it were not so far away.
  • bogohobogoho Member Posts: 24
    Looks like the several dealers are the typical vultures. You did great by ignoring those scalpers and moving on, and thus saving 2-3k.

Play the following cards in your favor: threaten to end conversation and go to another dealership, bird in hand is better than hypothetical MSRP paying customer, end of month sales quota, salesperson sales quota. If there's reasonable profit, someone will sell.
    Touring 2011 dealer cost
    invoice 36903
    Destination 780
    Holdback 815
    Net dealer cost 36903
    You bought for 36067 means dealer took a 836 hit and gave you the vehicle at loss???????????? Does not add up. something else in this deal??
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    **UPDATE***

Cars With the Biggest Hidden Rebates, updated 11/04/2010

LINK: http://www.realcartips.com/news/0336-hidden-rebates.shtml

2010 Honda Odyssey, Ridgeline, Civic Hybrid - $1500
  • pilotodysseypilotodyssey Member Posts: 24
    Incredible price! Congratulations!!
    Perfect example that solidifies that these VANS are not made of Gold. The dealer that tells you only MSRP for you, is a Rip-Off, Walk Away, in a Recession--it's all about putting bread on the table, and each dealer, and each salesman has different needs---so they are willing to Negotiate. Give the business to the smaller guy.

Remember, the Pig gets Fat, and the Hog gets Slaughtered.
  • cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    Sorry for the double post, I thought I was in the prices paid forum :)
    --------------------
    Picked up my Smoky Topaz Touring Elite from Faulkner, in Harrisburg PA a few weeks ago. They were great to work with and knew I was an informed internet customer - I had searched dealers from Northern Virginia into the Philly Metro area.

No trade.

MSRP $44,030 incl destination.
    Sales price $40,530, including destination

I added roof rails, and the heavy duty mats so I am sure they made some money there. But my deal only needed minimal negotiation, and was much better than what I was seeing three weeks ago when I closed the deal (Only $1000 - $1500 off MSRP offers at that time.) The total OTD was about $44K including taxes, etc.

Financed through the dealer (not Honda fin) at 2.49 for 60 mos.

I am extremely pleased, and from reading other posts looks like there is a bit of competition locally as Rahal is offering great deals as well.
  • cardiackcardiack Member Posts: 12
    that is impressive $28,239 for a 2011 EX. too bad they are in MA.
  • aksaravananaksaravanan Member Posts: 8
    got a oddyssey 2010 touring for ~34100 from garden state honda
    got that price through zag.com. it was on nov2nd. i spoke to a internet person he told me to come and the price included destination fee

after sitting in dealer (everything empty as it was tuesday) two hours sales man told the incentive end on nov 1st . i showed some frustration and they agreed to sell it as it was promised. i have a screwed of credit so only saver is honda finance. could only get to 5.65 as i had taken additional gap warrenty for another 3k or so. good for my credit. without warrenty it was 8%.. i thought with my kids and res/nav it is better to take warrenty

there was another buyer was told same price but when sales man found the incentive program expired, called them and increased the price by about 1000.. i think they too bought it

earlier...
    i was dealing with a internet guy in NY area, he never gave me a quote. i went their showroom on saturday, was assigned to a completely strange sales person, starting topic with what car i want. i hate such conversation when going through internet (it happend at another dealer too). then started with msrp price as if today is nov 2009!!!. i told i can't talk such rubbish and i told my price is $32k!!!. anyway i walked out and spoke to internet person over the phone. mentioned zag.com offering 35k . they told can give it for 34999. thought it is stupid to buy from ny for the same price mentioned in zag.com.
    after i left unnecessarily he called me on my cellphone, when i picked caught police and fined for $130 :mad: should i call the internet guy and ask for this money? LOL">

atlast my car buying era over and i am relieved. one thing for sure is when going through internet, always fix the price and go. never attend or speak internet sales people don't give a price. it shows they are not competitive at all. specially who mention they can beat anybody price.. (by $1?). it happend to me at two times
  • boulder_bumboulder_bum Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    Okay, anyone want to give me the real skinny on invoice pricing?

I'm reading on this forum that a 2011 Touring is $36,903 invoice which is what some other sites are saying. Kelly Blue Book says invoice is $37,682 (not a small difference), while my local dealers are saying it's actually $38,051!

Given that the Odyssey Touring is in short supply here, no one seems ready to sell one of these vans for less that $39,000!

This seems pretty crazy to me, since a comparable Toyota (8 passenger EXL with premium package) is selling for below invoice at $36,000!

Our issue is that we wanted a Sienna, but discovered Toyota let some learning-disabled a**hat design the LATCH placement and tethers such that you can only have one car seat tethered in the back, and it takes up two seats!

We were hoping to get a similar Odyssey for at least close to the same price, but wanting to charge $3,000-4,000 just isn't worth it for us!

Anyone have the real skinny on Odyssey invoice pricing so we might be able to negotiate a deal?
    edited November 2010
    Hello Everyone,

For anyone who has purchased or Has a 2010 Honda Odyssey with VCM, the Gas Mileage is HORRIBLE....!! I run in the suburbs...not the city and the gas gauge is at half at only running 100-miles... What Gives...!!!

Since the 2011's use the same engine, a 5-speed tranny is used on Ody's at EXL and under (you have to buy the Touring & Elite in order to get a 6-speed tranny) stupid....stupid....stupid on Honda's Part, doesn't sound like the one extra speed will make up much difference is Gas TERRIBLE...!!! :confuse:

You can purchase a 4-cyl Toyota Sienna and they still offer a 6-speed tranny...!!! :confuse:
  • paulgtpaulgt Member Posts: 9
    This price quote from north carolina
    2011 Honda Odyssey
    (EX 5-Speed Automatic Passenger Van)
    Model #RL5H4BEW
    MSRP: $31,730
    Priority Honda Huntersville's Price: $26,542*
    Thanks for the incredible price!
  • ohstephanieohstephanie Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    I'm in Ann Arbor MI and set a wide net with Edmunds car search. And used Zag.com to see prices. Started in Oct 1. Used zip codes in: ann arbor mi, bloomfield mi, ohio, lansing, brighton. And did it all online, except I did also go into the local Honda dealer Howard Cooper. And left after they wouldnt help me out.

Their view was busy people needed the car and were satisfied with paying a little extra. Granted their costs are a little higher because of the location so you will never get a true best deal. They were fine, sent out tons of automated emails. Good thing I sent up an email just for this purchase. So I sent them a bunch of delayed(automated) emails (see Outlook->Options->Delay Delivery). It was certainly convenient, but gosh I'll put in a few extra days of searching to save $3k.

However, it reaches a point where you just have to buy. The prices on this thing drop week to week. But looking at the 2010 prices in September there is a limit. So obviously it's a function of time. If you want the cheapest price on '11 Ody then wait 10 yrs. Point is you got to get the best price at the time you're in need of it.

Zag prices didnt budge until last week since the car model is new. Right now Zag price is $39,290, Avg price: $41,024. I eventually get the "great" zag price.

Ohio had the best first prices. Ann Arbor dropped price from over MSRP $600 a day for a few days, still way over priced. Bloomfield wouldnt budge and Brighton had nothing good even though I explained to the guy that he could charge locals high amounts, but typically he would never get someone from ann arbor's business so he might as well make the sale and make a little, and give me a deal. After telling them how to run their business (they love that) it was a no go.

At this point Honda Marysville Ohio had the best price at $38,882. They seem like a great dealer. But being a 2 hour drive I preferred something closer.

Capital Honda in (okemos) Lansing (online) then gave me a great price at:

Odyssey Touring '11
    $38700 (including destination)
    Free Winter Mats and Flaps
    $190 destination
    plust title/reg
    All together $41,272(no trade)

They ordered the hard to find Smoky Topaz, got a brand spanking new one with 3 miles on it, made in Alabama and had it in 2 weeks. Drove an hour and picked it up. I highly recommend them, use zip code 48864. No hassles, no pushing nonsense dealer added junk.

Some thoughts: If you're desperate (coming off a lease or don't have a car or your wife is 9 months pregnant) then the local guys have you. If you can wait, be patient and not rush in, and be willing to walk away then you can get a fair price.

If I was a dealer: I would charge my locals a fair/medium/market value price. For my Internet sales for people who live > 50 minutes away I would charge them a LOW price. It's a customer you're never going to get normally, just make the sale.

Remember the best thing they can do for you is NOT sell you the car.

About the car: It's a sweet car, handles great, the electronics are very cool and everything seems be done right. If you can afford it then get the Touring.
    Just got this quote....from a NE dealer.

2011 Honda Odyssey LX Automatic Transmission - MSRP is $28,580.00

$24,723.03 Sale Price ++
  • dipperdipper Member Posts: 4
    Looking for an EX-L/Nav or Touring.
    Wondering if anyone got info of how they did? If so, which dealers willing to play?

Thx.
    from Priority Honda Huntersville's north carolina price quote

2011 Honda Odyssey
    (LX 5-Speed Automatic Passenger Van)
    Model #RL5H2BEW
    MSRP: $28,580
    Priority Honda Huntersville's Price: $23,696*

Standard Features

• Engine: 3.5L V6 SOHC 24-Valve i-VTEC
    • Radio: AM/FM/CD Audio System
    • Front Bucket Seats
    • Cloth Seat Trim
    • Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic
    • Tires: P235/65R17 103T AS
    • Wheels: 17" x 7" w/Full Covers
  • liouliou Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, seems you got a better deal than mine. I just bought a 2010 EXL with NAV and DVD for $32,680 plus $595 fees. Total gross price is $33,275. There is only one left with this dealer at that time, the other 2010 one left are Touring.
  • runnur6913runnur6913 Member Posts: 16
    Hello,

Is it possible if you can send me some kind of proof for the price you bought it at so I can bring to my local dealer. My dealer advertised that they can beat any price as long as I show proof. I'm planning to purchase one this weekend.

Thanks
    WOW! Thanks!!
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    i donot trust 2011 honda odyssey gas mileage and honda has been in trouble with goverment in past about wrong posting on mpg and everybody should report their mpg on edmunds so people donot get stuck with false believe on high mpg.

mpg can be biggest reason people might be buying this van....

thanks
    hp
    The gas mileage on these Vans SUCK...!! HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE....!!!! :P
    edited November 2010
    Hi, price quote from Priority Honda Huntersville ( I like Touring Elite that why still waiting for they drop the price)
    Thank you for submitting your request on a new Honda vehicle! I have taken the time to quote several versions of the vehicle you've selected in an effort to give you a comprehensive view of the different options and packages that are available.

Additionally, you'll find several pre-owned options that are worth your consideration. With Priority Honda Huntersville, the quote you see below is what you'll pay.

Now that you have our price quote, we will contact you shortly to schedule a test drive here at the dealership.

The vehicles below may qualify for additional incentives.

2011 Honda Odyssey
    Our First Recommendation
    2011 Honda Odyssey
    (LX 5-Speed Automatic Passenger Van)
    Model #RL5H2BEW
    MSRP: $28,580
    Priority Honda Huntersville's Price: $23,696*

Standard Features

• Radio: AM/FM/CD Audio System
    • Front Bucket Seats
    • Cloth Seat Trim
    • Wheels: 17" x 7" w/Full Covers

Our Second Recommendation
    2011 Honda Odyssey
    (EX 5-Speed Automatic Passenger Van)
    Model #RL5H4BEW
    MSRP: $31,730
    Priority Honda Huntersville's Price: $26,542*

Standard Features

• Radio: AM/FM/CD-Library 2GB Memory Audio System
    • Front Bucket Seats
    • Cloth Seat Trim
    • Wheels: 17" x 7" Alloy

Below are some pre-owned vehicles you might consider that could lower your cost of ownership or get you into a vehicle with more options.
    View Entire Pre-Owned Inventory
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L Your Price: $27,995.00**

Stock: 1DX0541
    VIN: 5FNRL38728B050543
    Engine: Gas V6 3.5L/212
    Transmission: Automatic
    Exterior Color: Nimbus Gray Metallic
    Interior Color: Gray
    Mileage: 44,729
    EPA City: 17 MPG / EPA Hwy: 25 MPG

2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L Your Price: $27,995.00**

Stock: 1DX0531
    VIN: 5FNRL38788B059473
    Exterior Color: Taffeta White
    Interior Color: Ivory
    Mileage: 51,632
    EPA City: 17 MPG / EPA Hwy: 25 MPG

2007 Honda Odyssey EXL Your Price: $25,995.00**

Stock: D011401
    VIN: 5FNRL38707B119387
    Exterior Color: N/A
    Interior Color: N/A
    Mileage: 50,334
    EPA City: 19 MPG / EPA Hwy: 26 MPG

2007 Honda Odyssey EXL Your Price: $24,995.00**

Stock: D010181
    VIN: 5FNRL38767B022470
    Exterior Color: Ocean Mist Metallic
    Interior Color: Gray
    Mileage: 47,338
    EPA City: 19 MPG / EPA Hwy: 26 MPG
    I have 2010 LX accord 2.4L I4 177 HP they said 22 / 31 mpg, total 2 poeple in the car 160 pound + 105 pound = 265 pound in the car , on free way they run 25 to 26 mpg (in city i don't known)
  • mikescmikesc Member Posts: 21
    I would also like to know details and the specific dealership in Houston area. I live a few hours away but will make the drive.
    Read the information that is provided. Destination and handling is the only thing that is different. The Monroney sticker has them added at the lower side of the sticker. Edmunds and KBB both have them correct MSRP including destination and handling. Read all the fine print and the asteriks.
    A good buy!
    Good deal! You got a great price. Small profit for the dealer. You limited their profit.
    Monroney sticker lists the EPA averages. Government tested and stated. You are getting 10 MPG? Honda does not dictacte the MPG, big brother government has tested the vehicle and list the MPG.
    edited November 2010
    Bought 2011 Touring which is being built this week and arriving at dealership in a couple of weeks. Did lots of internet price requests then shopped my trade at those that were willing to deal within a 50 mile radius. When buying any car and you're trading something in you have to look at cash difference as others have noted. I used to sell cars and know that a dealer can low ball you on the new car to get you in and then make up the difference by under valuing the trade. I'd have paid sticker for the new car if they gave me silly money for my trade. I did however shop hard and got $1000 below clean NADA Trade In for my trade which was about $400 less than the best of 6 other dealers, most of whom weren't as aggressive on the new car. You could argue it was worth clean value if I'd shopped even more so I adjust below. Deal is as follows:

MSRP: 41,535 (including dest)
    Invoice: 37,683
    Price: 36,067
    Doc Fee: 239
    Total: 36,306
    Plus Trade Adjustment: 1,000 Net: 37,306
    + Tax, Title & Plates

Worst case view is $377 below invoice when you include all fees. Very happy with deal and dealership which I'll share after delivery.
    Check out his earlier post in October. Missing information in this post.
    The information on the Monroney sticker is from the EPA. Challenge it. First, you need to understand it.
  • cheapreadingcheapreading Member Posts: 32
    Every deal is variables to it. Weymouth Honda's website has it lists for $36,756 including destination that anyone can get and is $927 below invoice. Their is holdback but also volume incentives Honda offers dealers. My trade did have an impact, but I got only $400 less than others offered who wanted MSRP for the car.

Call them and cut your own deal - they're very aggressive on price and are good guys.
  • sjthomassjthomas Member Posts: 61
    OK. Finally bought the Ody from a dealer in Central Jersey.

Very frustrating experience dealing with Open Road Honda. Had to place an order for my color combination when the price was hovering around MSRP a while back. Had to sign the paperwork to place the order.
    The car came in and the dealer wasn't ready to negotiate as I signed the papers accepting the price. Other dealers are reducing as much as $2200 over MSRP.

Lesson Learned:
    Remember not to put a deposit even if you are in a hurry. Find out from the dealer when is the production date for your color combo. After about a week or two of the production date, call all the dealers and find out if you have the color combo you need.

Go to the dealer who has the color combo and then ask what all colors are available as if you never called him apriori.

Never let your excitement out in front of the dealer.

Also, make up your mind that you might come back home without finalizing the deal. If you feel pressured, walk out. You are spending on the second most expensive thing that people buy after house.

Go in the last week of the month.

Have a price in mind. Go to www.amexnetwork.zag.com for an estimated price. Start negotiating from below that price. Seen cases where the price was almost like 1K less than Zag price on other models.

Anyways, love the Ody. It's tough to sneak this inside a garage with the side mirrors open. Had to close driver side mirror to get into the garage easily.

One disappointment for this expensive car is the lack of rain sensing wipers for a top of the line touring elite.

Hope this lesson helps someone save some buck$.
  • danielcar2danielcar2 Member Posts: 8
    Seems like some of the good deals on the extended warranties I have seen on this forum don't apply to California. Anyone have a good resource for the hondacare extended warranty in CA?
    Thanks!
    You can buy online at http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/
  • onetoughmugonetoughmug Member Posts: 6
    We got out 11 Touring from Capital in Lansing. We paid 38,252 including dest. plus title/reg (48.00), so 38,300 prior to tax. We went old school and went in, but we are local. We asked them to throw the mats in, but they said no. Of course this is after we changed our mind on the color and they had to drive to Indiana to get the van. We dealt with the owner.
  • vt256vt256 Member Posts: 11
    Completed purchase of 2011 EX-L w/ RES from DCH Paramus Honda (in Northern NJ) for below invoice. Thanks to all posters in this forum, adopted your best methods and came out very happy with price as well as overall buying experience. DCH was transparent, professional and clearly respected our research efforts to obtain best price possible

Price: 32,586
    Dest: 780
    Tax: 2,335.68
    TTR: 374.00
    Tire: 7.50
    OTD: 36,333.02

Good luck to all. Returning the favor here to everybody who posted.

Methodology: (to those who are interested)
    - Researched, test drove and made decision on EX-L w/RES, timed purchase for end of the month
    - Used USAA membership, True Car and TMV to peg invoice price and lowest prices paid
    - Emailed all local and w/in 50 miles dealers, asked for their best price and breakdown of all fees, specified no dealer options addons to the trim
    - Replied (only in email) to those who provided actual prices (price + destination), shared all prices received to all (3 rounds in 3 days)
    - Narrowed top 3 best prices, provided them with my bottom line (below invoice), they provided VIN to confirm availability (2 rounds in 2 days)
    - Went to dealer with bank check (no charge) for exactly the OTD price
    You got an awesome deal. I am shopping for just an EX, and the best so far is about $1000 over invoice, or just under $30,000. So, for you to get the one you got for just $2500 more, that's great. I'll keep trying for $500 over invoice.
  • obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    vt256
    I believe you are about 750-800 above invoice
  • dealsnifferdealsniffer Member Posts: 1
    I just received a price quote on a 2010 Ody NAV&RES of $32K+TTL. I live in Pennsylvania and the quote came from a Delaware dealer. Is this a good deal? What is a good deal on an extended warranty? I would go max on the warranty (96/120K)? Looking to buy this month, so quick responses are appreciated.
  • queenv1queenv1 Member Posts: 53
    Anyone buy a 2011 Odyssey in Canada? What Trim? What add ons if any? What price? Thanks.