Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    When we bought our 2011 EX about two weeks back, we ended up $29803 w/destination but before dealer installed options and taxes/fees. If we had been purchasing and not leasing- I think I would have considered making the long trip to MA to buy from Weymouth Honda as they seem to have some great pricing for the country- I believe they are at about 28264 for an EX.

odyssey4us
    You got an awesome deal. I am shopping for just an EX, and the best so far is about $1000 over invoice, or just under $30,000. So, for you to get the one you got for just $2500 more, that's great. I'll keep trying for $500 over invoice.
  • Options
    condo56condo56 Member Posts: 13
    Hi dealsniffer
    Sounds good to me. I paid about 32500 + TTL. Gross Cap Cost was around 33 and some change. This was with NAV and RES on a 2010. I worked hard to get to this price too. Didn't feel like it was going to go much lower at this point. I checked ZAG and it said 32,500 would be a GREAT price. Possibly at Dealers Cost! I was happy with it. Good luck. Don't know much about warranties sorry! :):)
  • Options
    audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Does anyone have any feedback about Planet Honda in NJ?

Zag.com gave me a price certificate for $500 over invoice on a Touring Elite. They confirmed they will honor the price even if they have to order the vehicle for me.

* doc fees are high (almost $400)
    * financing either through BoA or my credit union (3%)
    * will bring a print out of online pricing for the ext warranty and dealer add-ons - if they can match I will buy from them
    * I think I have a realistic expectation for my trade
    * going in Wed AM to avoid the crowds

Where else are they going to try to get me? Is there anything else I should be doing/asking in advance?

Any experiences with Planet Honda or the zag.com buying program would be helpful. Thanks!!
  • Options
    alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    I have had bad experieces in the past at Planet. They always seem to change things at the last minute. I just closed a deal on a 2011 Odyssey EXL for my Niece at invoice including dest at DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge. Just call and ask for Mark in the internet dept he will email you with a complete breakdown including MF and res. if you are leasing. They are easy to work with. Good luck.
  • Options
    clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    I paid under $32K here in FL back in July, no dealer-add-ons, well they came with the van--but I didn't pay extra for dealer add-ons (aka rip-offs)

I wouldn't buy the extended warranty, it's a Honda....waste of money....good luck. :D
  • Options
    Heather,

Re: AutoSport Honda - did you go through the internet department or walk in? Any tips about the dealer would be appreciated!
  • Options
    Thanks alfstinky1! I have a call into Mark now - he is supposed to call me back shortly. He did confirm he would be glad to itimize everything in an email, which Planet was unwilling to do.
  • Options
    fanman888fanman888 Member Posts: 17
    I'm in Southern California.

Amazed at the deals coming out of Weymouth Honda, Weymouth, MA. Really like how they just publish right online below invoice deals and total out the door price. steve337, cheapreading, etc. have recently posted their numbers and they seem to be the best deals yet. Good to see Weymouth Honda providing a hassle free buying experience and an up front great deal to us buyers.

Question - Are any dealerships in Southern California doing something similar? Checked online Metro, Hollywood, Santa Monica, etc, but there doesn't seem to be any "dealing" spirit.

Too bad I live on the West Coast. If not, I'd go and buy and Odyssey right now from Weymouth.

Thanks!
  • Options
    dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    fanman888, Though the distance is large.. I did chat with Weymouth and they said they can offer leases and loans thru Honda Finance and ship to other parts of the country. Something worth considering if the deal is right. I have their website bookmarked to check out when our new lease comes to end... wish I had known about them before we signed the lease on our 2011 locally.
  • Options
    fanman888fanman888 Member Posts: 17
    wow. thanks dodgehappy. i'll follow up with them and hash out the details. anyone in particular @Weymouth you personally recommend?
  • Options
    bigpigbigpig Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Did anybody buy EX-L 2010 (with or without Res) recently in bay area? what's the good price to buy?

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    raj35raj35 Member Posts: 1
    Those of you shopping for 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring, Here is the deal I got from Metro Honda, NJ - Do you think if this is a good deal?

I think dealer is charging 900 dollars over invoice but he is giving $500 worth items - 9 free oil changes+ $200 worth mats - here is the breakdown
    Invoice price - 36910+780+900=38500 (includes $200 vehicle protection)

7% tax - 2695
    Tire fee - 7.5
    Registration - 422
    DMV - 279
    Online Registration fee - 7.70

Total on the road :41,911

Please let me know if you think this is a good deal?
  • Options
    gagirl5gagirl5 Member Posts: 3
    Many thanks to those who have posted in this forum, as I benefited from the information. Bought my 2011 Odyssey EX-L today in the Atlanta area.

Every dealer in ATL seems to have tons of white and black Odyssey's but not many of other colors - don't know if that's typical - but I found an EX-L in Mocha, which is what I wanted. Only additions were the mud guards and cargo tray, and the 'appearance package' which I ignored when negotiating. Paid $33,500 out the door. I'm satisfied. I could have done better but haggling isn't my thing and I needed it before next weekend.
  • Options
    odyssey4usodyssey4us Member Posts: 45
    gagirl5, That's a great deal. We shopped today and decided that is the color for us as well, but we are still negotiating. Would you mind sharing the van price (before taxes, etc.), and letting us know the dealer name? Thanks.
  • Options
    dreyfus1dreyfus1 Member Posts: 43
    I did not buy but I priced them in the northern GTA. Very close to MSRP which is $6,000 to $8,000 more than the slightly less than invoice that is the going rate south of the border. The must have its are out so I will hang tight until February at which time I will buy a new Ody Trng in Canada If I get it for $38,000, otherwise I will buy a 2010 Ody used in the US or a new Sienna in Canada. Honda dealers are suffering in Canada and will continue to do so until Honda Canada comes to its senses. There are actually signs that this is happening which is why I will wait til Feb.
  • Options
    Has anyone driven a long distance to deal with Weymouth? (more than 3-4 hours?)

I have seen their name several times here, but only just jumped on their site. I could no believe the price listed for an Elite!

Any feedback on purchasing from several hours away involving a trade in, and/or a factory order would be welcome. Thanks!
  • Options
    sapgsapg Member Posts: 3
    Guys, which one do you recommend, pricewise? seriously we like 2010 Ody's more.

2011 EXL - $38.500 OTD
    2011 EX - $33500 OTD

2010 EX-L with RES - $32k + fees
    2010 EX-L - $30,450 + fees
  • Options
    boulder_bumboulder_bum Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2010
    Here in Colorado, everyone I talk to wants to charge AT LEAST $40,000 for a new Touring. I actually called dealers in New Mexico and Texas to see if they were giving a better deal and the one in Texas wanted to charge a few hundred dollars over MSRP! Not invoice price, MSRP!

Tourings are just in high demand right now and they're so new and in short supply that no one wants to budge (yet). I think anyone saying they got one for under invoice is lying, got fleeced on their trade-in or found a very desperate dealer.

Anyway, I called literally every dealer in the state (and, as I said, even a few from out of state) and the best deal I could muster on a Touring was $38,650 including everything but tax. A few other dealers followed up to see if I wanted to deal, but when I told them the price I was getting all of them advised I go pick it up, because they didn't even want to consider going lower.

raj35, if you paid a couple hundred less than I did, plus got a few extras, I'd say you did awesome!
  • Options
    ktisktis Member Posts: 3
    I am not budging at 37.5 here in STL, MO... A couple of offers from area dealers. Also $500 over invoice in neighboring states.
    We will wait.
    We are shooting for 36.5 and whoever wishes to meet us there will get our $, and the profit off holdback, dealers' incentives, and the works as usual... Considerable profit still at a 36.5 appx invoice avg. natnly.
    Post-elections and after appx 6-9 mos we'll be laughing at these #s here, they will fall rapidly... Expecting a nice cup of consumer confidence plummeting in 11-12... Bear with it, and respect your extra 100s... They do too... Wait it out over the next couple mos at least... See what Thanksgvg and X-Mas brings too... But go no higher than 37.5 now.
  • Options
    agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    weymouth does not have any higher model in stock, only cheap models are available in hand. Any of the prices they are showing does not make any sense so long distance traveler make sure you are ready to walk out if they pull any crap once you are in the dealership.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    That there are some stores for whatever reason will "cheap sell" cars they don't have and can't get. They really screw up the market when they do that and for what purpose I don't know.

If they don't have a VIN number, they don't have a car.

And the stores that are nearby typically won't do dealer trades with the stores that pull these tricks.
  • Options
    pillowheadpillowhead Member Posts: 5
    I got quoted $29,675 with dest, + ttl, $50,.00 doc fee,

That was the first pass, you oculd most likley get it donw below 29,000 , the 2011's are piling up
  • Options
    kvn1kvn1 Member Posts: 52
    edited November 2010
    Just received the 2011 EX quote from Weymouth, See below for details,
    Hello xxxxx!
    Thank you for considering Weymouth Honda for your car buying needs. Here is the information you requested on the Honda Odyssey. I hope you find this information to be both clear and concise; if you need any clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. Below I have listed every possible cost you will have to consider in relation to the purchase of your new car.

2011 Honda Odyssey EX Automatic Transmission - MSRP is $31,730.00
    $27,459.22 Sale Price
    +$780.00 Destination Charge
    +$125.00 Title, Registration & Plates
    +$239.00 Documentation Fee (lowest of any dealer in New England)
    +$1,765.80 6.25% Tax
    $30,382.59 Total Price (no hidden charges)
    $325/mo First and Fees Lease payment with $0 down for 3 years and 12k mi/yr
    including tax with only $325 first payment, $239 Doc Fee, and
    $125 for Title/Reg/Plates for a total of $689 due at signing
    $559/mo 60 month loan payment based on 3.9% APR and $0 down inc. tax

Our goal is to be as upfront and straightforward with you as possible. Not everyone is being honest with their customers; some other dealerships purposefully omit fees, like the $780 Destination Fee, from their quotes in order to make customers believe they are getting a good deal. At Weymouth Honda, we believe in honesty. Please make sure that all fees are included when requesting quotes so that you're able to compare apples-to-apples.

We regularly compare our quotes with local dealers to ensure that our prices are the lowest. If you find a lower quote, we recommend that you get confirmation in writing that all fees are included in the quote before entering the dealership. I hope that our detailed quote shows how upfront we're trying to be.

This quote is valid for any color available. If we don't have it in stock, we'll do our best to get it for you and it won't cost you a penny more. There are absolutely no additional fees or charges you have to worry about, and the quote is valid until the end of the month or until factory incentives change. I encourage you to come into the dealership for a test drive. If you chose to do so, please let me know so that I may further assist you in-person.

Please let me know your thoughts on this information; I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Oksana Nikiforova
    Internet Sales
    Weymouth Honda
  • Options
    gagirl5gagirl5 Member Posts: 3
    Odyssey4us, I wish I could be of more help, but I don't have the paperwork in front of me, and don't recall the breakdown. We really didn't dicker around on things - I told them I wanted OTD pricing so that's really all we negotiated around, although of course the paperwork showed the tax, title charges, etc. I do remember their original offer was right around $35K. I offered $33, we agreed on $33,500 in about 10 minutes. As I said, I could have held out for less, but I hate buying cars, and I needed one soon.

Hennessey Honda in Woodstock is who I used. Sorry I can't post the salesguy's name. Don't know if it's against the rules to say I bought from them because my brother-in-law bought from the same guy a few years ago (but not the same dealer). They had a much larger inventory than many of the dealers in metro Atlanta at whom I had been looking.

My sales guy was terrific - absolutely no pressure at all. Even the finance guy only tried one time after I said no to the extended warranty to get me to reconsider, and when I repeated that I was absolutely not interested, he backed off entirely. Hope that helps, and good luck!
  • Options
    tijoritijori Member Posts: 4
    I agree with you. I don't understand how people here are claiming that they got 2011 Touring near invoice price. Here in Washington DC area no dealer is ready to give under MSRP.
    I tried Costco Auto Program and Edmunds, no one has Somky Topaz Touring in stock. They say they can find or order for MSRP after $1000 deposit from me.
    They want MSRP plus everything else, doc fees + destination + etc etc.
    Any one bought 2011 Touring in DC area? Can you please share your experience here and proces paid.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    gagirl5, Thanks for the reply and dealer name. I will check with them on a price. Thanks again.
  • Options
    mojdodyrmojdodyr Member Posts: 23
    Having the same problem in lovely Denver. So far the best deal appears to be American Express one - they had given me a quote for 950$ above invoice for the Touring - 39039$ before docs, tax etc. That comes in writing. Few dealerships were eager to match or promissed me a better price, but nothing in writing as of now. Should we try and get 2 minivans from the same dealer (looking for Touring also) - would that make them lower the price?
  • Options
    sniggidsniggid Member Posts: 1
    we bought a 2011 odyssey tourning in smoky topaz on sat. nov 6 at atamian honda in massachusetts. this is the deal we got--they had the smoky topaz in stock:

Here is the quote you requested:

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring
    MSRP$41535
    Discounted Internet Price$36967

All pricing is good till November 30, 2010 and includes destination!

All pricing is using all applicable dealer/finance cash and is for in stock units only and must be paid for at the time of sale with Atamian Motors. This pricing excludes referral fees and cant be combined with any other offers.

When you purchase a vehicle here at Atamian here are the other fees associated with your purchase:
    You are responsible for the Dealer Document Fee of $299.

If you live in Massachusetts then you are also responsible for:
    Massachusetts Sales Tax of 6.25%
    Inspection Sticker $29
    New Plates are $125 or if you transfer only $100
  • Options
    jedijoodjedijood Member Posts: 2
    Need to upgrade my 2008 LX base model as my family has gotten larger over the years. Power sliding doors is a must now. These are the best quotes I have gotten from the Northern NJ area, my budget is nothing over 30,000 on selling price (not including tax, title and registration). Still trying to figure out which model I should choose and settle for. Any advice would be appreciated. Other than design, seems like the 2011 is the same engine as the 2010. Not much significant difference unless anyone wants to share their thoughts.

2010 EX-L
    Green Slate Exterior
    Grey Interior
    MSRP $34185.00
    Selling for $29,541 (includes destination)
    Tax, Title and registration extra
    Trade In Offer for 2008 LX: $14,700

2011 EX
    Bronze, White, Silver and Black Exterior available
    MSRP 31,730
    Selling for $29,423 (includes destination)
    Tax, Title and registration extra
    Trade In Offer for 2008 LX: will be appraised tonight
  • Options
    heathernjheathernj Member Posts: 24
    I basically completed 98% of the deal via e-mail, walked in and signed the papers...I was literally in and out in 25 minutes because what we had agree upon was what they presented when I got there. I just got the call that my van in on the truck that just came in :) I'm picking it up tomorrow. If I have anymore to update, I will.
  • Options
    minivantwinsminivantwins Member Posts: 3
    I'm a first time buyer based in Northern NJ and the best quote I got from one dealer is below. Can I get some help/opinion on if the quote is good, or should I try to negotiate down more? Thank you! Appreciate the help. (so far tenafly has been the highest in price - they would not match the price I got below.)

sales price: 31705.19
    destination charge: $780
    sales tax: 2274
    doc fee: 299
    dmv fee: 299
    tire tax: 7.50
    total: 35364.65
  • Options
    loucapriloucapri Member Posts: 214
    2010 vs 2011?

Noticed some of you asked "which one to buy" with listed price. My question to you is WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUY A NEW "OLD MODEL CAR"?

The only reason is lower price? And the reason you see the lower price is because dealers want them out of their lots. Means no one (not many people) want them :)

If the discount is that great, it only means when you sell it, you will sell it at a lower price vs newer model. For a few thousands dollar more, go with newer model even if it is a lower trim. It is not a good movet to buy a FULLY loaded OLD Model (that's just my opinion).

Also, not to forget about the noise issue with the last model. You might think you are getting a GOOD DEAL but I am pretty sure by next year, your 2010 model will be nothing but an OLD car vs the 2011.

DON'T DO IT :blush:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    based on your tight budget, I suggest you should NOT trade in your car at dealer. Remember that dealer buy your old car to sell back to another BUYER and they must make at least 3k on your old car to make the effort worth, and for sure there are buyers for your old car. So if you spend a few days to list your car and sell your old car by your self, you will have extra 3k to save and for sure there are buyers out there definitely would pay 3k more than what dealer is offering you. It might take you a week to sell your old car yourself but you could make 2-3k more, is it worth it to have 2-3k more in 1 week of work? I think you know the anwser. You can list your car on autotrader or craiglist sites to start....
  • Options
    htgamingpchtgamingpc Member Posts: 12
    It seems like a few of us are buying in NJ. Would it be possible for people to post (if its allowed) or PM the dealerships they are looking at?

The best I've found so far on a plain EX-L is $393/mo including taxes on a 12K 36 month lease after $1000 down, first month + fees ($1952 out of pocket). Its from a dealer in Northern NJ.

I'm having trouble getting dealers to send me sale prices but as far as I can calculate, the sales price should be around $31,200. About $700 over the price that Weymouth in Massachusetts is offering, which seems very reasonable, but I'm assuming we're all looking here to get the best deal possible. Also, Weymouth is able to ship to NJ, but you have to find a shipper. I'm speaking to them about arranging a shipper to get an idea what that would cost.

I will post the name of the dealer in NJ if its allowed. Otherwise, PM me and I can send info. Likewise, I want to know where you guys are getting good quotes. Dealers seem to either "get it" and send you a good quote right away, or send you something laughable after they try their best to get you to test drive it.
  • Options
    montyamontya Member Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    What was the model EX/EX-L/or EX-L/Res ? I am getting the following quotes OTD for 2010 EX-L/Res & 2011 EX-L

Black Pearl - 2010 EX-L/Res
    $34,998.00 otd

Color undecided - 2011 EX-L
    $36,998 otd

What would you guys recommend ?

I am in the Phoenix, Arizona area. If anybody is in & around Phoenix, who could similar quotes for this vehicle, pls. share your input....

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    htgamingpchtgamingpc Member Posts: 12
    I should add that I don't have a trade in. I am assuming a MF of 0.002 and residual of 0.62 which were posted somewhere else, but I don't know if it's still accurate.
  • Options
    Guys any experience in buying the 2011 EX-L/Res or EX-L in Phoenix area. I got in touch with 4 dealers (Showcase, Arrowhead, Bell & Right Honda). Got OTD prices from two of them

TTYL components in Phoenix area are -
    Tax = 9.3%
    Documentation = $395
    Plates = $675
    Tire = $5

Dealer 1 -
    2011 EX-L/RES would be quoted at $34,381 +ttl = $38,743 (OTD)

Dealer 2 -
    2011 EX-L = $36,990 (OTD)

These prices seem much higher than the prices that are being posted. Is it a phoenix area thing..or just that the dealers are not offering a good price ?

Thanks !
  • Options
    your quote seems too high, I don't think you should settle for ~37K OTD for EX-L, way too high, don't let the dealers fool you that Pheonix price is higher than other states...
  • Options
    Thanks kvn1... what would be a good price that I can realistically expect the EX-Ls or EX-L/Res for ?
  • Options
    @mojdodyr, I'm sure you can negotiate a better term if you buy two!

If you're willing to drive a little south, Front Range Honda in Colorado Springs was the place that gave me the best deal.

They were at $38,650 out the door (including destination and dealer fees, but before taxes).

If you decide to check them out, contact Shawn Robinson at 719-439-1954 and tell him "Colin" sent you. He's the one who sold me my Touring last Saturday and is a pretty nice, funny guy.
  • Options
    Thanks, for 2011 EX-L, I would not pay more than 35K for OTD price (included everything). If dealers don't want to lower their price then you should shop more, 37k for EX-L is too high.
  • Options
    alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Just got a plain EXL 36mo 12K 0 down (31,986 includes dest).except for 1st mo and fees from DCH Academy Honda in Oldbridge on route 9. Contact Mark in the internet dept, ask him to send you the details and MF with residual he will be glad to email it to you. You might have to wait for it to come in though. With that 393 fiqure and 1000 down you were quoted your talking about 423 a month if you didn't put the 1000 down.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice kvn1. I know we are talking abt the future here..but would you know if it is better to wait for thanksgiving holiday for more discounts ? The other thing, I was thinking is that since this earlier in the month...the sales guys are not incented enough to make a deal.

I can wait till Dec 15th. I have to take a couple of family trips after that.

Cheers !
  • Options
    ezcastilloezcastillo Member Posts: 2
    Got two quotes from two dealerships in N. Colorado. $36,700 OTD EX-L w/NAV and RES, both $700 below invoice they claim. Both have same options just different colors. I'm thinking 34-35k OTD, thoughts?
  • Options
    Folks..I currently drive a Civic which is all fabric. I only switched to leather because dealers were clearing out inventory and they had cleared out all the lower models. They were offering me EX-L's which come with leather..

Any of you living in warmer regions of the country have any thoughts around leather... Advantages/Dis-advantages ?

Thanks for ur input in advance.... :D
  • Options
    @ezcastillo - I know a dealer in Denver whose initial bid was only $34,700 for the 2011 model with RES and I believe invoice pricing is higher on the new models. The N. Colorado quotes seem a little high.

What I ended up doing (I just purchased my 2011 Touring last Saturday) is to log on to Honda's website, then start soliciting quotes from everyone in the area. I took the lowest two, then set a target price below the initial bids to see if either would meet it.

If you live in Ft. Collins or thereabouts, then it may be too much of a drive, but by far the lowest bidder in the area for me was Front Range Honda in south Colorado Springs. There's a guy named Shawn (719-439-1954) there who hooked me up with a price that was $1,300 below the average bidding price for the area.

I live in Castle Rock, but even called NM and TX dealers to see if they'd beat that price and no one was close.

If you contact him, tell him "Colin" sent you. I said I'd spread the word about the deal I got (he literally was the best by over $1,000) if he hooked me up with kickbacks for accessories. :-)
  • Options
    if you can wait then wait by all means, remember price on new car model only goes down, NEVER go up period, the more you wait the more you should save. By end of November I think most model must discount at least 3k off of MSRP (some dealers already done so by now, you can get Touring 3-4k off now in some states).
  • Options
    kvn1 - Thanks for your advice... I don't mind waiting...will wait till end of Nov. atleast ...
  • Options
    jedijood, Definitely buy the 2011 so you get some benefit from trading so soon, like getting the new body style, etc.. The 2010 is already the last generation, and when you get new car fever again in two years, you will get more for a 2011 than a 2010. Plus, the 2010 will look just like your 2008. Also, unless money is no object, you might consider selling the 2008 on your own. The dealers are going to take you for a ride on the trade. I hope you come out okay on the transaction, but trading every two years or so is pretty expensive. Sorry to get all "Dave Ramsey" here, but every year you continue to drive the 2008 the lower your overall transportation costs are. You will be spending a lot to get the power doors you want. Good luck.