Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sam775sam775 Member Posts: 22
    Hello all. Just wanted to say I brought a 2002 Accord VP for 15,775 from College Park Honda. Just north of U of M in College Park, Maryland. Best car buying experience I've had yet.
  • bcloutierbcloutier Member Posts: 5
    your new Honda! Makes it a pleasure when buying the car is of little hassle!
  • jennday1jennday1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    We are looking at buying a 2001 EX. Are there any good dealerships in the SF Bay Area? We have had previous bad experience with Mitsubishi dealers and this is our first car purchase so we are a little nervous...

Also, looks like everyone is paying close to invoice so this may be a silly question, but..
    Do you think it would be cheaper to purchase outside the Bay Area, like Bakersfield or out of state like Oklahoma?

This is my first post, so please be gentle :)
  • whitesoxfanwhitesoxfan Member Posts: 3
    We puchased the '02 EX-6cyl 3 weeks ago for $21,998 + $423 dealer prep., no other fees besides tax. It was a steal, we got the "teaser" car in the Sunday ad, you know the one that always seems to have been just sold before you get there.....
    I was very happy to see it was $2k below Edmunds TMV and we didn't even have to haggle.
  • kvraman1kvraman1 Member Posts: 19
    I paid $20800 ($290 over invoice). That was the final price. My breakup was as follows:

Base Price $20800
    Mud Guards $ 100
    Window Etching$ 150 (I bought as additional ins)
    Tax+Title $ 1350
    --------------------
    Total $24500

Is this a good price?
  • spyrogyraspyrogyra Member Posts: 3
    I have a 97 Honda Accord LX, which was a Honda Certified Used Car. I get some kind of howling noise from the car whenever I drive up the climb, or whenever it reaches 40 MPH.

Showed it to the dealer, and he sways that it is a problem with the 97 model. Have anyone of you have had similar experiences with your 97 Accord. Please Advice.
  • aparnet2aparnet2 Member Posts: 13
    I asked the service people. they said its been taken care of.

I have no experience in waxing a car. Which wax is good for the accord? Any "never" when waxing?

Thanks
  • flsfls Member Posts: 1
    We bought our 2002 Accord LX 4cyl automatic sedan 1-7-02 in TN for $19000 before tax, registration, and other fees. Did we overpay?
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    You wanna know about waxing? Head on over to the Maintenance & Repair Board. You will find several discussions on the fine art of waxing and polishing.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Check it through Edmunds.com TMV to see how you did.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • iggythecatiggythecat Member Posts: 9
    Purchased yesterday for $450 under dealer invoice, plus TTL.
  • ranmet94ranmet94 Member Posts: 2
    I paid 23,100 for this car, with a sun visor

I did this in only 12 hrs of work on internet, if I spent a week, probably could have done better

In fact, I would try for 22,7, inv is 22,4

now is a good time to buy, work one dealer against the other

remember, someone will meet your price, or come close. If u have to go 150 miles away, so what, u will only go there once

soon the 03's will be out, new design, so u can do well as july /aug nears

go the last few days of month, salesperson is trying to make quota, make em earn it, better u get it than them
  • moses13moses13 Member Posts: 9
    just bought a 2002 accord ex v6 with the protection package(wheel locks,mud guards, & trunk tray) and moon roof wind deflector for $23,300. only additional fees were sales tax and local dmv fees. edmunds had the dealer cost at $23,205 without the small extras i got so i figured i got the car at about $160 BELOW dealer cost. we paid cash so no financing involved. we were very pleased and on top of everything else dealer was a pleasure to do biz with.
  • cs2002cs2002 Member Posts: 5
    I checked out a local dealer who offered $280 above invoice. But their invoice is $120 higher than the factory invoice (as listed on Edmund's). The sales manager said that they installed an optional security system which is supposedly better than the Honda's standard that comes with SE. Does anyone have any info on Honda's security system on SE, or whether this is a good quote? Thanks!
  • prophet2prophet2 Member Posts: 372
    $23,800 + tax (4.17%), doc fee ($227), and registration ($116). Appearance package (fender well/door moldings, mud guards, trunk tub, and wheel locks) @ $398 included.

Trade-in of $3000 applied for net of $20,800. A fair offer for a '93 Integra LS Spec. Ed. w/121K on the clock and several instances of body repair. Well, what does one expect for having had a teen driver? TMV was $2600 trade, $3400 private party, $4200 retail. I have no time to try selling on my own.

4.9% financing from American Honda beat the credit union's 6.5%. Got the color wanted. Everybody wins on this deal.
  • lawren2lawren2 Member Posts: 6
    $22,800 less $5000 for trade-in, so with taxes and document fees we waltzed out with the car for $19,180.

I feel we got an extremely fair deal from Honda as we paid $24,000 + taxes for our 94 Toyota Camry V6XLE 8 years ago.
  • tommcnabbtommcnabb Member Posts: 15
    Hello, I am a first time Honda person. (I already own Isuzu; great SUV in my opinion). I just bought this vehicle and feel I got a good deal. It's an 85, LX with 82,000 orig. miles. It was purchased new in 85 by a retiree and he just now got committed to a nursing home. I bought it from his estate. It's in great shape, no dents, dings, leaks or otherwise. Always garaged, never smoked in. I paid 3,100. Your opinions?
  • 02bluemdx02bluemdx Member Posts: 17
    We paid 21,988 before taxes. Was advertised in local news paper.
  • nycjazz69nycjazz69 Member Posts: 2
    Is this a mfg rebate to the dealer or just window dressing to make the MSRP look lower? This is in the NE, checked out several dealers and it's listed on the MSRP window sticker.

For $19207 dealer invoice, would it be possible to start negotiations at $17707? Any thoughts?
  • nycjazz69nycjazz69 Member Posts: 2
    2002 Accord SE 4cyl Satin Silver
    $18767 Dealer Invoice
    $440 Destination Fee
    =$19207 Dealer Cost (if you believe it)

$19407 Dealer wanted to sell at ($200 profit?)
    [$19400 SOLD] - w/ Spoiler and Cargo Net after some back and forth negotiations (helps to be in sales)

$1000 for 7yr/100k Honda Care $0 Deductible Extended Warranty ($1275 originally) - had warrantydirect.com pricing with me ($900 quoted), so the finance guy was willing to deal. Overall a good buying experience, quality dealership. I did tons of internet research and visited the other area dealers before going in. Preparation is key.

Satin Silver 4cyl (black, too hard to keep clean, red, too loud for me). Had to have the moonroof ;-) spoiled by having it in on my '97 Civic EX Coupe.

The SE fits my needs, compared to 4cyl Accord EX ($1300 - $1400 more). Just right option package. Could probably have done better in a few months, but hey, work provides $400/mo allowance, $65/mo out-of-pocket is nothing to cry about. After 3yrs, it's MINE ;-)

While waiting for the paperwork to go through, got $495 for dealer installed foglamps (originally $700), just waiting for the part.

Also looking to do window tinting off site ($350 - $400) for quality work. Then, sometime down the road, some better rims ;-)

Happy with it! Celebration dinner last night, pulling up with the new ride. Drove around today, took pictures by the water, showed it off to friends.

Hopefully got a good deal, but so hard to tell with all the hidden incentives, margins, etc. But dealer invoice is a good place to start, MSRP is a joke, and 3-5% above dealer cost is golden....

Good luck to everyone out there in getting your next auto - new or used or leased :-) !!!

nycjazz69

ps - still haven't figured out what that $1500 mfg special discount is :( MSRP window dressing?
  • jerryfanjerryfan Member Posts: 1
    Just bought one below invoice. Rosen Honda at Gurnee, IL. 10 minutes of negotiation. Pleasant experience with Bob. Free car wash, Rosen dollars, XL size T-shirts even for my little girls. Accord has the best deal among the big three Japanese cars now. For the same features, Camery and Altima will need a couple of grands extra plus market rate financing.

Didn't buy the extended warranty. Is it worth?
  • pj23pj23 Member Posts: 158
    Well, I couldn't wait for the '03s, and I've loved the design of the current Accord coupe, so I decided to go for it. Price, not including trade, was $23,350. I probably could've done better if I'd haggled some more, but I figured another $100-200 wasn't really worth the hassle.

That being said, the car is incredible. What a difference from my Civic!! I guess I expected that, but it is amazing nonetheless - quieter, more composed handling, and of course more power.

I'm definitely happy.
  • rosen30rosen30 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for an 02 EX V6 Sedan. I noticed 2 dealers in the Chicago area advertising 22,500 (including delivery) Has anyone done better than this?
  • corinthoscorinthos Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a Value Package, for 15,550.00. This was a great deal in my opinion, and everyone elses I have talked to. The only differences in this and an LX, is power locks, power windows, power mirrors, cruise control, and 15 less horsepower. I spent 400.00 and got power locks put on, and remote keyless entry, and the other things make no difference to me AT ALL, pretty much they're things that I'll never use. As far as the things I find inportant such as an upgraded stereo system, CD player, and wood grain far outweigh so of the things I would never use. Personally this car was quite a bargain!!! Please tell me what you guys think.
  • cheapo1cheapo1 Member Posts: 3
    i think CORINTHOS had a great price for your car. power window and power mirrors dont really matter to me. if i would have a car with power window, mirrow, seats i would get a luxury car like a bmw 3 series.
  • elkoelko Member Posts: 4
    picking up an lx 4 popper from my mom for 10,ooo,only 17k on it,like new.hopefully it will look much better with custom wheels,sunroof,spoiler,etc.
  • corinthoscorinthos Member Posts: 7
    You're getting a wonderful deal!!! That's the best I have heard of so far
  • tiger_wootiger_woo Member Posts: 10
    I just got a quote in columbus, OH for the SE 4DR without airbag. The dear said the floor mat is included. Anybody get a lower price lower in Ohio?
  • azaharchukazaharchuk Member Posts: 22
    Tempe Honda (Arizona) has recently advertised SE Accords for $18,660. I presume this is w/o the side airbags. I would definately pay the extra $250 for the side airbags! I think the dealers in Phoenix have a surplus of SE Accords WITHOUT the side airbags. This is just my impression from checking dealer inventories at EHONDA.com. My only complaint on the SE is the three colors BLACK, SILVER & RED. I would want GOLD or WHITE! Great deal otherwise, cept for the UNPAINTED lower rockerpanels. I think the Accord looks much better with body colored rocker panels (EX & EX-v6). I guess you could have a good body shop paint them to match. Anyway, the SE is still a great deal.
  • weigoodoneweigoodone Member Posts: 2
    Hi, guys, my local dealer offered me price $500 bucks below invoice for the Accord EX 4door sedan auto. Did anyone get a better deal than this? Or why they willing to go under invoice now?

Thank you!
    EX 4cyl AUTO 4 door invoice according to Edmunds is $20,070.00 Does this mean you were offered a price of $19,570.00 ? ? ? ? Sounds like a good deal for an EX. Does the price include destination?
  • raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    And demand...there is a good supply of Accords (and Civics) in much of the Country, as a result deals like this are possible for some.
  • weigoodoneweigoodone Member Posts: 2
    Hi, guys, my local dealer offered me price $500 bucks below invoice for the Accord EX 4door sedan auto. Did anyone get a better deal than this? Or why they willing to go under invoice now?

Thank you!
  • larryhstanglarryhstang Member Posts: 10
    Sorry, jsut press the button too fast.

Here is the price:
    Car 16840
    dest. charge 460
    Dealer process fee 25
    Tag transfer fee 73
    5% MD tax 870

Final price out of door 18268
    Trade in my 96 LX for 4000, and got 2.9%
    need to pay 414 per month

Got the floor mat, door edge protector, mud guard, and some other minor things for free. Also got free life time oil change free if all scheduled maintainance done from the dealer I bought the car. Also got the 15% coupons for all future maintainance.

I hope this is helpful for you guys.
  • tiger_wootiger_woo Member Posts: 10
    Has anyone dealed with them before?
    Depends on where you are located if it's a good deal. Accords are in pretty good supply right now.
  • rand18rand18 Member Posts: 2
    what do you know about Bentley pricing?
    Nada, nix, nein, nuttin.
  • billyleebillylee Member Posts: 9
    I do like the price of SE. But why does it not come with ABS? Do you guys have any comments on ABS?
    The SE is a more basic model. ABS would add to the cost.
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2002 EX Accord Sedan Auto w/cloth interior for $18,740 + tax + lic fees. Almost $1,800 below invoice. Enjoying the car so far.
    Sounds like a great deal! I have not seen any that low yet! Here in Phoenix they advertised Accord SE's (not EX's) for as low as $18330 + tax, Lic + doc.
  • pleasantsapleasantsa Member Posts: 3
    Hi I just got a pristine 1997 Accord SE 4dr. from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, MD w/75k mi. out-the-door for $11,000 even. The car had one owner who kept the receipts for EVERYTHING. He was religious about oil change, routine maintenance, etc. He apparently drove the car to Florida for the summers (accounts for some of the miles) because he had oil change receipts from there too.

MY DEALER EXPERIENCE
    I researched 97-99 Civics and Accords to death on Edmunds, I read the confessions articles and the buying guides, ran the customized TMV for the car before I went. I was all set to beat the dealer at his own game, but instead I had one of those surreal positive experiences. The guy asked if I was familiar with the SE, if I was a previous Honda owner, and if I knew the area. When I said yes to all three he handed me the keys and said I was free to take her where I wanted.

When we went inside I was prepared for the upsell, the waiting, the hand-off to the sales manager. Instead he gave me an out-the-door price of $11097.70 (internet price of $10,345 +6% tax + title/reg./tags + document fee) I asked about wiggle room and he said the $97.70 was about all he could do. I probably could have gotten it a little lower, but it was such a fair deal and I really liked the way I was treated so I took it. This guy was the internet manager and he's obviously used to dealing with the overly prepared customer. Forget "no haggle" "no B.S." dealing is the way to go.
  • aroberts12aroberts12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. This week I went to a Honda dealer up here in MA searching for Accord Coupes. I found one in excellent condition, 54,220 mi, V6, all the options, 1 prev. owner... for $15,000 even. Is this a good deal? It is certified also. I've been researching them for awhile and the price seemed about right, but on NADAguides.com the price was much lower. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks!!
  • oricoorico Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I just saw a 2001 Accord EX Coupe, 27000 miles, V6 3.0 VTEC, CD Changer, Premium Sound, Leather seats, Cassette + CD, for $20,880. I live in LA. I've done so much research that I'm tired of it. So I must ask you, the experts. What do you think? Thank you for any thought and opinions.
  • hjiang1hjiang1 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2002 EX V6 Accord Sedan for $21,916 + tax + lic fees. Almost $1,300 below invoice. Enjoying the car so far.
  • buffy_nuibuffy_nui Member Posts: 4
    I mean which dealer.
  • hjiang1hjiang1 Member Posts: 2
    Beaudry Honda in Tucson,Arizona. I also got free lifetime oil change for free.
    Accord SE Sedan 2002 adv for $17988.00 at a large Phoenix Honda Dealer. EX 4 cyls adv for $19300.00 at another Phx area dealer.
  • catia1catia1 Member Posts: 1
    I believe you got took on your trade, unless it had obvious body damage or was verry high in mileage... 4k is not enough, I have been offered over 6K for mine and it has been modified.