Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Sales tax on everything except cars is 8.8% in King Co. On new and used cars .3% gets added making it 9.1%.

The state added this to help make up for the revenue they lost when the Tim Eyman deal happened. License fees are still WAY less thna before.

Your salesperson doesn't know what he/she is talking about!

"state auto tax add-on" ??? What a joke!
  • gloomgloom Member Posts: 1
    Scottimusprime, that's the exact car I'm looking for. I talked to 4 dealerships in the So. Cal area and have been getting around the same quote, ranging from $21,703 to $22,008 on the 06 EX Coupe. Anyone getting a better deal on this model?

Earlier also got quoted $19,738 for the 05 EX Coupe which dealers don't even have in stock anymore. So I'm actually still choosing between getting the newer 06 EX Coupe or reaping the discounts off of the still available 05 LX SE Coupe (There's that $1200 factory to deal marketing support). Advice, anyone?
  • jj655jj655 Member Posts: 8
    I just bought my new Accord last week in Salinas, California. I have the new Carbon Metalic color and get many compliments. I really like the new 2006 rear end.

The car is great and I paid $500 over listed Invoice. (Not too bad for a desired color),

I did not buy anything extra and appreciate the new powertrain warranty on the 2006 models. I know this is a Honda and I should not need the warranty. I actually wrote Honda a letter of compliement regarding the dealer in Salinas (Sam Linder Honda). I really did not do any negociating and they were very professional. Entire transaction was completed in about 90 minutes.

This is my first Honda. (My previous cars were Porsche, Lexus, and MBZ...I must say I love my Honda and really think the MPG is terrific!!!)

Good Luck!
  • corey2corey2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a leftover '05 EX V6 in the NY metro (Long Island) area. Does anyone know the current incentives and what would be a good price?
  • kgbkahnkkgbkahnk Member Posts: 89
    MSRP was $24700 (including destination). Paid $22787 ($500 over invoice).

Bought from Ancona Honda in KC. Great experience. Great salespeople. Still takes too stinking long to complete the whole process (90 minutes), but I survived. No negotiating to speak of. Deal was made in about 2 minutes over the phone.

Earlier this year, I sold my '92 Accord with 245,000 miles (still had the original clutch, hence my return to a manual trans). Three weeks ago I sold my '95 Legend with 163,000 miles. Both were touble-free cars, and I look forward to spending another 5-7 years and 150k+ miles with my '06.
  • mendota99mendota99 Member Posts: 18
    Hi, I'm looking to buy in the next month or so and would like some feedback if this would be an adequate price. So far have a quote of 20,262 from Dublin Honda. The high is Anderson Honda in Palo Alto : 20,988.
  • bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    Is this an Out the door price or before doc fees and TTL? I have a Quote of $21,000 OTD in Virginia for a 2006 LX SE auto with the factory splash guards. This seems like a good price to me, what does everyone think about that price? We have 3% sales tax and about $75.00 for tags and title. That works out to about $20,300 + TTL.
  • mendota99mendota99 Member Posts: 18
    The invoice price is BEFORE documentation and TTL. . So it would be invoice price plus another 8% or so.Thank you.
  • badoybadoy Member Posts: 6
    bbtaco,
    That's a very good quote that you got at $21000 otd in Virginia.Thats excellent.We purchased our 2006 Honda Accord SE AT Silver for $21500 OTD in Southern CA--Spirit HOnda in El Monte.
    Mendota99 --try to ask for a lower price from your quote of $20262--I think by this time the dealers are willing to come down on the prices a little more.
    We purchased ours first week of Oct.
    I hope this helps you guys out.
  • dmamsquareddmamsquared Member Posts: 19
    Hi Folks
    We signed a contract with a non refundable clause in NJ. With that, we put $500 down on an EXL/Navi that the dealership was supposed to "find." Long story short, they couldn't find one on the whole Eastern Seaboard in the Desert Mist. They only checked three states, I checked the rest! We asked for the money back, the rep took all the data and said he would take care of it. A week later, we went out of state and had a wonderful buying experience, great deal (over the phone, no money down) but a different color. A week after that, still no refund. So I called my sales rep who sold us the car and asked for his advice. It was a credit card transaction, so I knew that I could always go that route. I was advised to bring our plight to the attention of the General Manager. I knew better than to call him, and I sure wasn't going to leave him a detailed message for obvious reasons. So I got his name, his exact email address, and I sat down and wrote a narrative that detailed our experience. By 10 o'clock in the morning, the idiot who had a brain fart called my husband asking for the account numbers. It seems like he lost the paperwork. Early in the afternoon, I received a very cordial email from the GM who in essence said that he was very embarrassed. I received a telephone call from his right hand man who assured me that the refund process was finalized.
    Lessons learned: DON'T SIGN A CONTRACT WITH A NON REFUNDABLE CLAUSE. DON'T GIVE MONEY TO A DEALERSHIP FOR A CAR THAT THEY HAVE TO TRADE. Go online and find it yourself. Then deal with the people who have the car.
  • keith61keith61 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone tried to get pricing though a Sam's Club Discount?

I am looking at a 2006 Honda Accord EX Sedan, 2.4L automatic with leather.
    I was told the mark-up is 3% over cost.

Here is the breakdown.

Invoice Price--- $22,496.00
    Destination------$ 550.00
    Inspection fee--$ 175.00

Total $23,221.00

Mark-up 3% $ 679.00

Total Cost $23,917.00

Is this a good deal????

Thanks!!
  • brunnabrunna Member Posts: 53
    That's not a bad deal, but do yourself a favor and call the guys at Jay Honda in OH. I got a scanned offer sheet via email for only $200 over invoice for the same model you are looking at, AND they give you $100 toward airfare to OH to pick it up and some other cool incentive via coupon off the website. I bought my wife's 2003 Odyssey from them (I live in MD) and I referred 2 other people who also bought Ody's there as well. Straightforward business people, very friendly and forthright. A pleasure actually to buy a car that way. I also took his sheet to 2 local dealers near me today and the best they would do is $400 over, but of course I don't have to fly anywhere. I love the car in carbon bronze/black leather and they found one today somewhere (but close by evidently). The 4-cyl has plenty of power and niceties in the EX. I will make my decision soon and post the deal for everyone. I love these boards! Thanks to all who contribute.
  • 96hawk96hawk Member Posts: 3
    Well, I finally found what I want for a good price and couldn't be happier. This was at Wilde Honda in Waukesha, WI. Tried to buy locally (St. Paul/Mpls area) but no dealers in our area had much for availability on the 6 speed Sedans and the one that did have a car coming in (Brookdale Honda) first quoted me $25378 and then when I was ready to buy they actually changed the quote to $26850. Unbelieveable and I will be writing a letter to someone at Luther Auto (parent company) telling them how poorly this particular dealer treated me. I've bought from 2 other Luther dealers over the last 3 years and have had very good experiences.

Here is what I got from Wilde Honda:

2006 Honda Accord EX-V6 6-sp Manual Sedan
    MSRP (Window Sticker) Price: $27,850
    Internet-only discount: ($3,232)
    E-price: $24,618*

*E-price includes Honda's $550 destination charge, but does not include sales tax, registration fees, any accessories or the $89 service fee.

Highly recommend them. Note that due to finding the color & model I wanted, I made it clear that I was willing to pay over $25000 and they still quoted me the lower price. That's the way it should be and I really appreciated it. They made it very easy and I pick it up tomorrow!
  • tarheel3tarheel3 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased our new 05 Accord MT from Open Road Honda back in mid-June. Overall, it was an excellent experience. We paid $1,500.00 under dealer invoice, and the only add on was a $189 doc fee. We travelled from Raleigh, NC to central New Jersey and still feel the trip was worthwhile. There was no back and forth, and we had our new car within about two hours of arriving at the dealership. The salesman was very friendly. I had negotiated with dealers in NC, VA, and MD, and several said that if we could get the car at $1,500.00 under invoice, they could not come close to the deal. We heard about Open Road via this forum. The only glitch was that they didn't process our out-of-state tag request immediately, and our temporary tag expired before our NC tags arrived. So, other out-of-state buyers might want to call and check the tag status frequently.
  • accord_guyaccord_guy Member Posts: 8
    Are these prices for North Cal. ? If so can you please mention the dealer/s

Thanks
  • accord_guyaccord_guy Member Posts: 8
    Any one bought a 06 Accord AT sedan LX recently in North Cal.?

The best prices I have for a 06 Accord AT sedan LX are $19, 200 before Tax+fees + Docs

Thanks
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I test drove an '06 Accord EX 4-cylinder/manual transmission a few nights ago. I'm very impressed with it and it's in my favorite color combination, Carbon Bronze with black interior. The dealer offered it to me for $20,250 plus TTL. A good deal in my opinion, especially since they're the only dealer in Atlanta with this color combo.

I could save about $2k if I got an LX SE model, but it's not available in the Carbon Bronze color. It also doesn't have a sunroof.

The quoted price seems really good to me for the EX manual. What do you guys think?
  • skifiendskifiend Member Posts: 11
    There are two pieces of information missing on this comparison page:
    1) The 2005 engine is an i-VTEC
    2) The 2005 has the independent Wishbone Front Suspension and the independent Wishbone Rear Suspension.

While the specifications do not deny what I say above, they also don't tell the whole story, making the difference between the model years appear to be more than they are.
  • bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    That sounds like a too good to be true price! That is $500 below dealer invoice. Did you buy it? :)
  • borderdogborderdog Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2006 Accord LX V6 for 22,600....after tax, etc 23, 700 out the door. MSRP is 25,650. I recommend the buying guide from consumer reports. It helped me get the price almost 600 below invoice. Also, call every dealer in town.
  • hminhmin Member Posts: 8
    Got a quote for $26300 OTD. No navigation system.

But need buy before the end of Oct.
    Is this a reasonable deal? Have to make a decision soon.
    Thanks
  • didier_alldidier_all Member Posts: 5
    Hi Folks,
    I have to make a decision by tomorrow. Hope someone will have some advises for me. I got the following 2 deals and I am really hesitating on making a choice:

1. 2006 Accord Coupe LX MT $16300 (destination charge included) + TTL and taxes: $4000 below MSRP, $2000 below invoice. (mud guards and winter mats included)
    2. 2006 Civic LX Sedan AT $16700 (Invoice at $16375)

Well, I really had my eyes on the coupe, and as you can see I got a very good deal (thanks from all of your post guys. That's how I could shoot for so low). However, this dealer had about twelve 2005 accord coupe while only one accord sedan 2005 (an EX manual) letf on the lot!!!! Is there anything wrong with the coupe??? Are people shying away from them in favor of the sedan? I also saw plenty of those used coupe returned after 1-3 years when surfing online (maybe this is just an impression since I was putting my eyes on one). I am asking this question to those who owned a coupe and after the "initial falling in love story", they felt that it was really not practical and sold it. I just got married and we are planning to have kids in 2-3yrs... We have currently a 1999 Civic SE sedan as a second car.

The other car we looked at with my wife is the sedan Civic 2006 (I was able to get decent deal given that everyone get this car at MSRP). My wife would prefer the Civic... I opted for an auto as we wouldn't have been able to get an MT within a month with the color we wanted. Hard to find.

So now, my second question (maybe related to the first one) is beyond personal preference, would the resale value down the road (3yrs or 10yrs) of the accord 2005 coupe (or sedan if coupe is not really the way to go) be more than that of the Civic 2006 (given that I am paying pretty much the same price for both at this point)???

Please let me know what you think (hope someone will read that by tomorrow. The deal holds only before the end of the month)

Thanks

Didier
  • mylmyl Member Posts: 1
    I am a first time car buyer, and I am interested in purchasing a 2006 Honda VP AT in the state of Maryland. The cheapest quote I’ve received for this model is $16,995, which does not include destination, tax, tags or any dealer options. Is this a fair price?

In addition to the above price, the dealer quoted some extras: $4 tire recycling fee, $491 appearance package fee, $99 processing fee, $206 registration and what seems to be the standard $550 destination fee. I question some of these extras. Are they valid?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    Which state are you in? I paid 27K out the door for NJ couple of weeks ago (6% sales tax).
    PT.
    I got the quote from Paramus Honda, NJ. My sales tax (WestChester County, NY)
    is 8% though.
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    That's a good deal!!

Open Road Honda has three V6 MT's in stock, two w/o Nav and the other with Nav. I asked for their best price and they replied with Sticker - $29,300 w/Nav or $2k less w/o. I told them if I wanted to pay sticker, I could choose any Honda dealership.
  • fmayberryfmayberry Member Posts: 33
    hmin and tandy_13, what is the price you are paying before TTL for the EX V6 Auto?
  • jfergusjfergus Member Posts: 30
    If you plan on transporting newborns in this car often before trading it in, then I would say stick with something with 4 doors. Today's car seats are huge, and you are going to have a time getting them in and out of a 2-door car with the front seat flipped over. A 4 door will provide much easier access.

Have you considered the lone '05 EX sedan they have left? I guess that depends on if you can both drive the manual (i.e., your wife as well). If she will be the primary driver and prefers an automatic, then leave that decision up to her (Civic auto vs. Accord manual). Why the Accord sedan? Mainly because of the kid and car seat factor again. It is a bigger car, and your other car is already a Civic. Also, if you take this car for out-of-town trips, the Accord sedan will have more room for luggage and baby stuff (the trunk is slightly larger even compared to the Accord coupe: 14 cu. ft. vs. 13 cu. ft., respectively). The Civic could be cramped. Then there is always the debate: is a bigger car (Accord) safer than a smaller car (Civic)?

So, I'm not really sure if I helped here because I just threw in a 3rd option. You might not even get as good a deal on the Accord sedan, since they only have 1 and the dealer knows it will eventually sell, whereas they have a lot of work ahead to sell twelve '05 coupes. But do think about the future and take into consideration the "baby factors": car seat installation and removal, space for diapers and other baby essentials for road trips, safety of a larger car.
    I paid 24,568 plus 550 for destination. As I understood 24,568 is invoice for 2006 V6 auto.
    Tax was 6% and add to that 275 NJ DMV fee for 4 year registration. $45 for dealer doc fee.
    hmin's deal is much better though, almost 1000 below invoice if I understand correctly!
    PT.
  • didier_alldidier_all Member Posts: 5
    I don't know what you should expect in your area, but here in Cleveland I closed a deal for 2005 Accord LX MT coupe for $2000 under invoice at $16300 (destination included) + mud guards and winter mats. I started with $16000, and seems like with some more determination I could have even got it for that price. The manager was nice, not too much hassle, after some hesitation he eventually agreed on $16300 (but I had some leverage, he had about twelve 2005 coupe left on the lot). 50min discussion after test driving a couple of cars.
    Apparently Honda dealers receive a $1200 sale support from the manufacturer on 2005s (the manager was telling me that it was $1200 on the V6 and $700 on the 4 cyl, is that true???)

I also received an ad by email from honda of bloomfield [Detroit: www.hondaofbloomfield.com] advertising the accord EX V6 for $22488 (instead of $27365), so I would not hesitate to be very aggressive on the price.
    And for those interested they have a special end of the month for this Monday for the Accord 2006 LX for $19249 (instead $21375) http://hondaofbloomfield.com/Specials-PrintAd.aspx

Good luck
    The price before TTL and destination charge
    for EX V6 auto w/o Nav is approx $23500.
    The dealer is Paramus Honda, NJ.
    They are very nice people to deal with. It's unfortunate that
    my wife says "no". She thinks it too quick to close a deal on my
    first day of car shopping :(
    That's a real good deal, $1000 below invoice! Haven't heard anything like this this early in the season for 2006 models.
    PT.
    The sales person told me that this offer only good if I buy before the end of Oct.
    They seem to fall short of sales target for this month and thereofore push hard.
    So you may take a shot tomorrow to get a nice deal there.
    Good luck!
  • vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    The best quotes I've received (San Jose & Palo Alto) for an '06 Accord AT sedan LX are $19, 600 before Tax + fees + Docs
    I already bought the car a couple of weeks ago. Guess I missed out on a better deal!
    PT.
  • va_guyva_guy Member Posts: 12
    Hello All,

I have been "lurking" on this forum for many months now, and finally decided to purchase a Honda Accord. I received an Internet Quote from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD (I live in Virginia across the river) for a 2006 Accord LX SE Sedan 4-cylinder Automatic for $19,450 ($72 over invoice from my calculations). The only "add-on" that I was charged for were wheel locks for another $99 when I went to pick up the car, which I didn't mind paying since this car has nice alloy rims (in my opinion :) ).

This quote was over $800 less than the local dealership in Fairfax, VA that quoted me their "Employee Only Price" special that they were advertising for the weekend, plus I save another $199 by the fact that Maryland dealerships charge a processing fee of $100 versus Virginia dealerships that seem to be charging $299. All-in-all, I was very happy with my deal and the salesman I worked with (since I can't post his name on this forum, I hope I can post his initials...A.R.). No pressure and I spent the better part of a Saturday evening with the salesman test driving the new Civics and Accords.

The out-the-door price I paid after the wheel locks, Standard Destination Charge, Virginia Tax (3%), Tags and Title came to approximately $20,875. I've only had the car for 2 days, but am happy with my decisions on which car to buy and on the dealership to buy from.

Thanks for everyone's input on this forum, too!">
  • stentstent Member Posts: 5
    Did the $22,600 include $550 destination charge. The best price quote that I have received has been $23,141 which includes a $550 destination charge.

What is the name of the dealer ? :
  • k2222k2222 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a new Accord.
    Does anyone know which dealer has the best price on a 2005 or 2006 Accord LX Automatic in Texas?...or neighboring states

I am not really particular about the year. I am looking for the best deal possible.

Thanks in advance for the information.
  • varyesvaryes Member Posts: 4
    bbtaco,

I got OTD price on 06 Accord LX SE in Virginia 20,590. Which dealership offered you $21,000 quote?
  • gotigers21gotigers21 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2006 ex or exl in south carolina. Has anyone purchased one similiar, what is the best price I can expect. I am also looking to trade a 2004 accord so I will probably be about $1000 over my head with this trade because it has 68,000 miles.
  • borderdogborderdog Member Posts: 4
    Yes, the 22,600 included everything but tax, tag, and title. Went to Hendrick Honda in Charlotte, NC. Excellent people to work with. Also included free mud guards, trunk liner, and wheel locks. I would definitely recommend that you give them a call.
  • sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    gotigers: I am in PA shopping for an 06 Accord Sedan EX-L and this past weekend sent out about 15 internet/email requests for quotes to dealers (ranging from 1 to 5 hours away). I have received several quotes at or near invoice (including destination) (around $23,000), to which I would then have to add tax, title, tags, and fees. It seems at the moment that at least some dealers have some extra Honda dollars they can use.
  • mike97056mike97056 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a new black '05 LX V6 Accord last night. I paid $19880 ($20315 out the door, including everything). I am VERY happy with this deal. I got quotes from other dealers of $22100, $20950, and $20800. I was all set to buy the $20800 car but decided to call the dealer from whom I ultimately purchased first. Glad that I did. My experience was about as good as a car buying experience can be, and I feel that I got a nice deal. It probably helped that the dealer had had this car on the lot since mid-May, and that it was the end of the month - he really wanted to move this unit. I bought from Willis Honda in Burlington, NJ, and had a
    good experience there.

If you are looking for a new Accord, consider a "leftover" '05. There are some bargains out there, if you can find what you want. Lots of EX models especially.

Happy hunting for your new Honda.

Mike
  • brianbbrianb Member Posts: 13
    Planning to buy an Accord in December to be used mainly for commuting. Price is the most important issue.

Would the 06' VP or the 05'LX be the better choice?

Thanks for the advice.
  • skifiendskifiend Member Posts: 11
    I'd recommend the '05 LX because you are getting more for your money, IMHO. The '05 LX has the wishbone suspension and the '05 VP did not. Don't know if the '06 VP does but it's worth checking out.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Will there be any '05 LXs left by then? Doubt it.....heck there's none left in my area now, only shiny new '06s....
  • gearjammer62gearjammer62 Member Posts: 108
    There are about 30 '05 Accords in my market - between 4 Honda Dealers - as of today, going by their website inventory. Most appear to be EX's. No more '05's are being delivered. I seriously doubt you'll find an '05 in December, and certainly won't have much, if any, choice of colors, etc.
  • sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    Lisa3 - How did you find dealing with College Park? I just received a very low (favorable) internet quote from them on an 06 EX-L Accord Sedan, but it is about a two hour ride for me, so I was wondering about your thoughts on the dealership. Thanks.
  • brianbbrianb Member Posts: 13
    What area are you located in?
  • suvasuva Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys,

I stay in Hackensack,NJ and looking for prices on 05 Accord EX-L V4 (NAVIGATION ) .Can some one post what prices they paid for this model in the tri-state area. Also some suggestions on which dealership could give me the best deal.
    :)
    Thanks in advance,
    suva