Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki SX

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
edited March 2014 in Suzuki
"Hybrid sport wagons are shaping up to be a hot category...."

Read the full story from Edmunds.com's news: Suzuki SX, Flight of the Bumble Bee, by Warren Clarke. Thanks for your comments. ;-)

Pocahontas
Host
Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

Comments

• perry40perry40 Member Posts: 94
    This is EXACTLY what we need to see more of in Dealer Showrooms ... and less SUV's & so-called "Mini-Vans"!
    Bring 'em on!
  • diploiddiploid Member Posts: 2,286
    Although with a more functional 4-door body and a very appealing engine.

If the engine makes it to the final production, this would finally put Suzuki on the map. After all, the Suzuki Swift is anything but swift.
  • tistevetisteve Member Posts: 142
    Any info on this car? I searched around and only found Edmunds first look review and if you got to Suzuki.com they have some specs on it and the usual press release info.
    Motor Trend had a brief article about it. Mentioned that it would likely only have a 150 hp non turbo engine and that they would likely tone down the front end styling.
    They talk about it being an early 2002 model, that would put it out in a few months I would think.
    Anything else?
  • sunilbsunilb Member Posts: 407
    AWD... finally, someone is offering this in a hatchback in the U.S.! Plus 4 doors.
    I can imagine that they will eventually offer a turbo version to attract the youth market.
    It looks like the SX is really going to be the new "Aerio" due out in the spring. Car and Driver had a very brief mention of it in the 2002 review of changes for Suzuki. They reffered to it as the Aerio, but showed the concept picture we've been seeing.
    I did a search for Aerio and found it on an Asian car site. They have pictures of it and it looks nothing like the concept. Reminds me of a Colt Vista wagon that Dodge had a few years ago. Very boring and bland looking. It still had some of the rear design, but the front and sides were very generic. Oh well, MP5 here I come!
  • driver36driver36 Member Posts: 57
    I just visited the San Francisco Auto Show today, and saw a yellow SX (just like the pic above) on display. And asked the rep and he said that the SX will be for sale 2003 Apirl. The est msrp $17,000. for the base model. Hope this info helps :)
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    I also hope to catch a glimpse of it this week at the 2002 Central Florida International Auto show. Happy Motoring! ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards
    Maybe it won't be the boring little car I saw on the Asian site. If they would stick to the original intent, I'd definetly be interested. My wife and I have an XL-7 and I used to have a Samarai, I'd consider another Suzuki if the package was right. I'm seriously looking at the Mazda Protege5 but would like something with a little more HP and AWD would be nice.
    Any new info from Suzuki?
  • driver36driver36 Member Posts: 57
    Sorry, guys for my typo error on my last post! The SX should be out by Apirl 2002 as a 2003 model. Hope this might help for those who are looking for a cute car in a time constraint.

Good luck!
    Myron
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    ongoing Suzuki Aerio SX discussion. Thanks for your participation.

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards
This discussion has been closed.