Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti I30/I35 Accessories and Modifications

2»

Comments

• Options
    listenlisten Member Posts: 8
    I just don't get it! When I first turn on the car in the morning, my cd's skip (no matter which of the 6 I play). When it's raining, same thing, until the car warms up and it starts to skip less and less until it doesn't skip anymore. I was thinking maybe there is some condensation on the disk and the laser can't read it well, but even when I put a cd in that I got from the house, it still skips. I am not sure if the temperature has a role in the skipping but it sure is coincidental!

A mechanic at Infiniti has admitted to there being a problem with the factory bose stereos, and that they start to skip to the point where they won't even play AT ALL....people are constantly bringing their cars in to get the stereo fixed. If there is such an issue with these systems, why aren't they recalled?

Is anyone else having problems with their Bose player skipping?
    Is there any solution to this Bose disaster?

I am very disappointed in Bose. I can't believe they would actually put their name on something like this and not offer to fix it. As much money as they charge for their systems, it should only be expected that they should work properly. :confuse:

Ok thanks for letting me vent!! ;)
  • Options
    listenlisten Member Posts: 8
    Did you get this issue resolved? I may be able to help you on this issue.
  • Options
    keller4carkeller4car Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get an answer? Just picked up a very low miles 2004 I35 and want to wirelessly connect my iPod and use steering wheel controls or some subset of those functions. Tried the standard cassette deck wired link and there are just so many wires. The iTrip sound quality is not sufficent...or has not been in other cars. Any ideas?
  • Options
    keller4carkeller4car Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get a reply or answer elsewhere to your question regarding a Navigation CD for a 2004 I35? Just purchased a very low miles CA original model and moved it to TX. Understand that we need a different CD for this area. Where can I find outside of the dealer?
  • Options
    x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Go to this site: http://www.zenrin.com/infiniti/CD/

Good Luck.
  • Options
    ccarlson1ccarlson1 Member Posts: 2
    My 2002 I-35 is having the same exact issue. Did you get yours serviced? If so, what did it cost, and where did you take it? Thanks!!
  • Options
    ccarlson1ccarlson1 Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same trouble with my 2002 I-35 cd player skipping. I saw in a previous thread that you may have some ideas on fixing it. Can you share them?

Thanks!
  • Options
    sophia087sophia087 Member Posts: 8
    Lately when I try to open the driver side door the alarm goes off. The only way to get in the car is to open the doors from the passenger side. The only alarm the car has is the factory one that comes with the car. Any thoughts as to how I can fix it?
  • Options
    spiritbears1spiritbears1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I just joined and already, I have a question :) Does anyone know of a site (or sites, including this one) that has a good collections of pictures of owner modified I30's; since I'm not a mechanic, I'll start with exterior mods first.

Thanks

J
  • Options
    ekeltonekelton Member Posts: 1
    There is a sensor that mounts around yout lock cylinder. It senses whether the key is turning the lock, or if a screwdriver has been jammed in and truning the whole unit.

Baiscally, if the lock is turned withthe key, it will move a chunk of metal past an induction coil, so the alarm knows that it is legitimately unlocking. If you jam a screwdriver in the lock and turn, the whole unit turns, and not chunk of metal is passed by the induction coil.

Problem is that the sensor can fall off. Take the door apart. There should be a horseshoe shaped sensor with a wire leading off of it, clipped onto the lock cylinder. If not, look at the bottom of the door to see if it fell off. If it's still attached to the lock, then it could be a bad sensor, or bad wiring.'
  • Options
    port80port80 Member Posts: 3
    I recenlty got i35 without navi model. Just wonder can we installed navigation system in this one. Any tips, cost etc?
    thx.
  • Options
    pethelmanpethelman Member Posts: 20
    Seriously... don't even think about it. MAJOR expense. Just about any of the hand portable units (Garmin, Tom Tom, etc.) are better than the original factory option. The original system requires mapping CDs for different regions of the country. The CDs are expensive, AND if you are traveling from one region to the next, you have to stop and change CDs. Only benefit, in my opinion, of the factory unit is that it is tied into the stereo system. Just go to Costco and do some research on a portable GPS, then take the $2000 or so you will have saved and take a nice vacation. ;)
  • Options
    port80port80 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks pethelman for good info.
  • Options
    u2hitmanu2hitman Member Posts: 1
    I have a 04 I35 and the sub will work then go off for days then come back on. I just ordered an amp for the back sub. I have also had a problem when running over a big bump that the drivers side channel cuts out. (it is still on but very low, if you put the balance to the left side you hear it a tiny bit) Then it will come back on and stay all almost all the time. Any suggestions??? Please advise. I do believe each speaker is powered by an amp right? If so, do I replace the amps or that actual radio?
  • Options
    chelseafan11chelseafan11 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

I have an 04 I35 and having the same problem with the sub going off and on at random points and recently my speakers (the left channel) are very low esp when i turn the cd player on. Please let me know if you figured out the problem or not because it is very annoying esp during the traffic or long commutes.

Thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.