Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    Jeff,
    That seems too low for me as well. I couldn't even come close to that w/o RES. The best quote I got in south fl, was 33430 (destination included) without any other fees. And this quote was for EX-L. I'm still waiting for better offers, I don't seem to find many posts for Florida experience in this forum. Please update what is the lowest quote you got in central FL.

Thanks
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent purchaser of a minivan, who is a male. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, January 21, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• odyssey17odyssey17 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks this forum and helped me to buy 2011 odyssey ex-l in 2 days back.
    I stayed in Northern VA and bought vehicle in a dealer in Maryland.

Purchase Price 31,700
    Fee 100
    Tax 3%
    Tags are around 100.

It came OTD price less than 33 K, which was my target.
    Thanks.
  • rzorxrzorx Member Posts: 5
    How many miles are included in the 8yr extended warranty?
  • ristazeristaze Member Posts: 6
    Oddessy EXL

msrp $35230
    sale price: $31786
    12,000 per year
    36 months
    .00180 mf
    .63% res

$448.49 per month

no money down.

Any Good?
  • dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    I think it is great. Where did you get this deal?
  • odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    Continental Honda, Countryside IL. Hope this helps
  • ristazeristaze Member Posts: 6
    When, I put in into a lease calculator it comes out to be more like $390.
    what am I missing?
  • jmshjmsh Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I've been reading through the thread as I research prices for a 2011 Touring (black) in PA. I'm willing to purchase it in NJ if it means a significant saving. Previous posts have mentioned getting quotes for $400 - $600 above invoice (of $36,910) excluding destination ($780) and taxes, title and doc fees, all via email.

So I emailed Autosport Honda in Bridgewater NJ because previous posts indicated successful transactions with them. I basically said I was looking to pay $36,910 + $780 + $400 = $$38,090 (before taxes, title and doc fees).

Autosport (NJ) responded with $39,182.60 ($1,092.60 more than I requested which is basically $1500 over invoice)
    Another NJ Dealer responded with $38,683 and a PA dealer with $38,990 (my husband got this number and I'm assuming it included the destination fee of $780).

PLEASE HELP :) What am I doing wrong or how is the best way to proceed? Do I keep having one dealer beat the next? That seems like it will take forever!
  • hondathirteenhondathirteen Member Posts: 5
    120,000 for the 8yr extended warranty. the "sale/special" price for the warranty was "promotion" they were having per the finance person. we asked for a "further" discount on the warranty and they knocked off @ $100.
  • gt98gt98 Member Posts: 2
    Hyannis Honda seemed to have good prices on the Honda Care extended warranties. I called and got the 8 Year 120k for $1270, but that was in December. Don't feel obligated to by the warranty from the dealer you bought the vehicle at. Some states prevent you from buying warranties out of state, but mine does not.
  • imartimart Member Posts: 3
    OK - i dont know if I shoudl be excited or what. I have requested at least 10 different price quotes in NC and some in VA and just got the best one and dont know if its really true.........

2011 touring Model
    36,795 car touring
    780 Destination
    100 proccessing fee

Total $37,675

Pohanka Honda in MD
    I spoke with the sales associate and the only things else added to this is tags, tax and title...
    This is the best deal so far, the next closet quote was $39,298 (plus 399 doc fee and 74 reg fee).

Please advise.......

Thansk
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    If the vehicle is on the ground and the color you want, sounds like a good price.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    I agree, $1,500 over invoice for something relatively local and in stock with no games is reasonable. Many dealers are playing games on the Tourings also and taking deposits for cars they can't get. I hope gray interior is ok with you, the Black / Truffle is hard to find.

I had gotten 1 or 2 quotes for $1,000 over - Lebanon PA was one of them. I think Conecelli was the other. (Unfortunately neither had the color I wanted)

Sussman had $1500 over, as well as Martin in Newark DE - which I had a great experience with.

Use the Edmunds inventory tool to find who has what you are looking for and get quotes from the internet forms on dealer sites and also try zag.com - use the Drive Your Dream section if you don't have any of the other memberships.

Good luck!
  • nguyenmamanguyenmama Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an Odyssey EXL last night for 31,485. That was the base price before TT&T, destination fee and doc prep fee. I purchased the car at Carey Paul Honda in Snellville GA through the internet department. It was one of the best buying experiences I have had. That was the price they offered me from the beginning. No haggling. The other dealers could not come close. When I got there, the car that I wanted had 799 in extra stuff like wheel locks, mud flaps, a pin strip, niitrogen tires and paint sealant. I told the gentleman that I was not willing to pay for it. He said that was fine and so I got all that extra stuff for free. I felt like I was dealing with professional individuals, not the "typical" car salesman games.
  • biker5500biker5500 Member Posts: 3
    was that with rear entertainment system? what was you out the door price?
  • jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    I'm interested in purchasing a Touring as well (south Georgia). My local dealer priced out a silver touring at $41070 before taxes. I thought that was a bit heavy, however, it was our first time negotiating. I plan on going back and giving him what I am willing to pay but I would like a backup plan.

Can you provide the town where Pohanka Honda was located in Maryland as well as the sales person?

By the way, it sounds like you are on to a very good deal.

Thanks.
    It was without the rear entertainment system. This was a standard EX-L with the 799.00 extras included that I did not pay for. This was the price of the car (31,485) then you add TT&T plus destination fee and document (administrative) fee. The closest quote from three other dealers was about 32,200. Good luck!
  • bergen_boybergen_boy Member Posts: 9
    do you mind sharing the dealer name and place .. i am in NJ and am in the market for a EX-L.
  • djyswdjysw Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    We just purchased a Honda Odyssey EX-L from Honda of Bartlesville. I dealt with the dealership through the internet sales group. Their first price was the best price in the Tulsa area. They didn't play any games and were very professional and courteous at the dealership. This is probably the best car buying experience I have had in 20 years.
  • bergen_boybergen_boy Member Posts: 9
    could u please share the price details.
  • odysseyex11odysseyex11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am looking for a 2011 Odyssex EX in Philly/Reading/Lancaster PA area. Get some quotes, from $28,500 to $29,250 plus T and T (all destination charge included). Is this a reasonable price? Andy previous purchasing experience of the same model in these areas? Thanks.
  • paulgtpaulgt Member Posts: 9
    Total tax,.... OTD is how much? thank you
    NC gastonia dealer $39,802 otd
    HI , last 3 weeks they sale 39,802 otd , but I want 39,000 , maybe they sale around 39,500 to 39,802 . in gwinnet honda.
    34,860 was my walk out price.
  • audreymaudreym Member Posts: 103
    Make sure you get a quote from Ebersole in Lebanon. They had a good price on the Touring, but had just sold the color I was after.
  • its_me2its_me2 Member Posts: 3
    Having read this forum for a while and it is time to pay back.
    Brought an EXL over the weekend. The price is $31,700 (a little over $500 below invoice) + $120 doc fee + TTL. Very happy with the purchase. There is a trade-in involved but was negotiated separately and was give a fair price.
    Thanks for the info .... I hope to make a purchase within 1-2 weeks. By the way, did that price include a 7% tax? Also, did they have the touring model on the lot?

I really appreciate the help.
    JHK4949
  • sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    Better to buy the EXL Navi and then add a DVD system.
  • sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    Check Edmunds.com to find out what it costs the dealer. Way low. The beauty of the internet is that you can be prepared. $2400 below invoice is a bit too low.
  • its_me2its_me2 Member Posts: 3
    Make sure to get a quote from Piazza. They lowered their price quotes very aggressively recently.
  • odysseyex11odysseyex11 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the advice. Their price is lower. I have a trade in too, so I will see how much they give for the trade in. Thanks.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    I have periodically checked this forum for the past few months. Anyone receiving competitive quotes for the Elites in CA or anywhere for that matter? Seems like most dealers in SoCal are still charging sticker. Seems to be a bit cheaper in the northeast and midwest but not enough to justify shipping expenses.

Any help out there is greatly appreciated.

UTC2
    I haven't seen any pricing for Elites in CA .... but I thought that someone from Texas had provided some input. Of course, I would not drive cross country for a good deal ..... but I have been known to fly 1000 miles away and drive the car back home.
  • steve_norcalsteve_norcal Member Posts: 4
    I am in northern CA and unfortunately, the lowest I've seen is $41800 + TTL which makes the OTD to be over $46K.

Most of the dealers are still treating the Elite like it's so popular.

Good luck
  • bmwx5mbmwx5m Member Posts: 9
    38900 + TTL from Weymouth, MA.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for the replies thus far. Much appreciated. I had a pre-order deposit made at Weymouth on 11/16 - no order has been placed yet. The price is attractive but I do not feel they are being honest with their pre-order customers unfortunately.

I've been told by email that the car will be "ordered" but after over 2 months no progress has been made at Weymouth.

UTC2
  • bmwx5mbmwx5m Member Posts: 9
    You have to be very specific, I think, in what you ask:

* how many are in the queue before you?
    * how many orders were in their last allocation(s)?
    * how many orders are in their next allocation?
    * when are the next order windows?

If you can get that information, you should have a better idea of when to expect your vehicle.
    Have you tried www.zag.com ...... it was mentioned on another post. It will provide a gauranteed price somewhere in california. The price that they gave me was pretty close to some of the lower prices that I have seen on this forum. At least within $500 or so.
  • mlempiremlempire Member Posts: 34
    I owned a 00 EX....sold it in 02 with 25K miles for what I paid for it..bought an 02 EX and still have it with 118K. When the last body style change came out I saw them all over the road immeadiatly. The latest model has been out since October 2010, I have only seen 1 on the road and it is almost February. Get tough with these dealers when you negotiate, both times I had to drive over 100 miles to a get deal under sticker. I see dealer added mark up stickers in San Diego, some 3K for Elite models ! These dealers have not learned their lesson about sticking it to the buyers in San Diego. I will buy a 11 this spring from a Los Angeles dealer even though the local Honda Dealer service department has been wonderful. Sales departments should take notes! Don't be afraid to travel out of state, My brother just bought a used 2010 loaded with 9K miles for 10K cheaper than so calif used prices. It more than paid for our flight to Texas and 1 night hotel bill. It is in Brand new condition. Edmunds and Auto Trader helped big time ! Good luck dealing, make the dealers sweat !
  • niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    Hi,
    Has anyone bought a Odyssey 2011 EXL-RES in Chicago area. What is the best price you got? What was out of the door price? I am looking to buy one and the quotes I got range from $32028 to $34151. The tax title, doc fee and destination charges are extra. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Also does EXL-Res come with a rear view camera?

Thanks

Niazi20
  • hondaguy79hondaguy79 Member Posts: 4
    Odyssey buyers, there's a Dealer in Elkhart, IN that is willing to work out great deals on the Odyssey, on all trim levels. Several friends have been getting good deals, and they get orders done very quick. I don't want to release the salesmans name without permission, but it begins with L.
  • hondaguy79hondaguy79 Member Posts: 4
    Some dealers in Chicago like to show you great prices, but not realease the out the door figures until they get deposits. The dealer in Elkhart will realease OTD ranges if you work with them.
  • hol2011hol2011 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2011 Odyssey EX-L from Landmark Honda of Alexandra VA this Monday, with price breakdown as follows:
    $30,246.75 Sales Price
    $780.00 Freight
    $385.00 Processing Fee
    $995.75 VA Tax (3%-Sales&Use, 0.17%-Dealer License)
    $92.50 VA Title & Tag
    $32,500.00 Total
    It comes with appearance package (wheel locks, mug guards, and pinstripes) without extra charge.

I have been in contact with them since December, but then internet manager promised price match without committing final numbers. Things changed this week when I was assigned to a different internet manager (if you want his contact info, please reply with your email address as it seems edmunds.com does not permit posting such info).

This forum provides very good information for me in negotiation with dealers, so I like to contribute my part here. Hope it helps.
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there: Congratulations on your purchase. Thats a great price, Can you pl. send me the dealer contact informatin and the managers name. I will contact them.

Much appreciate, the info in advance.

Thanks,
    Ranvith
  • rzorxrzorx Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Check out this blog. Honda is boosting Odyssey production. Hopefully better deals in the near future with increased supply. 119,573 Odysseys produced in 2010. Don't pay close to MSRP for these vehicles people!

http://hondavehicles.blogspot.com/2011/01/honda-of-alabama-2010-wrap.html
  • bombardilbombardil Member Posts: 4
    We are in Northern VA and researched this thread when shopping for EXL and similar one in odyclub.com forum, and decided to shop in MD since everyone said VA dealers quote 1K-1.5K more. We contacted a lot of dealers in MD and best quote 3 of them gave us or matched was EXL was 32.8K, or 31.8 before TTL.
    Presumably dealer cost (invoice-holdback) is 31.3 so I find reasonable profit to the dealer to be in $250-$300 range, and target price was around 31,575.
    We checked edmunds reviews on 3 dealers that quoted 31.8 and found another dealer with good reviews, Criswell Honda, who immediately emailed us 32,582 OTD and had Smoky Topaz in stock. Next day deal was complete, no gimmicks or pressure.
    Price: 31,535
    Tax: 946
    Tags: 101
    OTD: 32582

Now I see hol11 did even better by $80, I think both prices are good. Wheel locks were thrown free as well (do not think we need them though but they were already installed).
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
    Hi there: Congratulations on your purchase. Thats a great price, Can you pl. send me the dealer contact informatin and the managers name. I will contact them.
    my email address is ranvithreddy@gmail.com

Much appreciate, the info in advance.

Thanks,
    Ranvith
  • rob1601rob1601 Member Posts: 4
    SINCE MY LAST PURCHASE I STILL GET THESE EMAILS, BUT I COULDN'T HELP BUT ADD, BUT MY FRIEND JUST PURCHASED AT NEW ODYSSEY AT MCDAVID HONDA IN FRISCO,(SHE SAID THEY GOT A SHIPMENT IN OF OVER 75 NEW VANS!!!!!!) NOT ONLY DID SHE GET THE PRICE SHE WANTED, BELOW THE MARKET, SHE WAS GIVEN WORLD CLASS TREATMENT AND THEY WERE OUT OF THERE IN LESS THAN A COUPLE OF HRS.....I WILL TRY AND GET A NAME FOR CONTACT FROM HER-