Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mohican1mohican1 Member Posts: 1
    Sticker was 32730 MSRP + TTL. Paid 30,400 out the door including all TTL, dealer doc fees etc for a new 2011 EX 8 seater Odyssey in North Texas - Dallas. 14 miles on odometer. Car prices comes to about 28.5 They are coming down on prices if you bargain hard and actually walk out on the deal. I got a call back after 4 days to come in for the deal. I had been enquiring about a 2011 EX since Oct 2010. In Oct 2010, it was sticker - take it or leave it. By Nov most dealers were coming down about $ 500.00 . By Dec, they were coming down about $1000.00. Then in the last 2 weeks started visiting the dealerships on Fridays and Saturdays and spent 3 hours at each...visited 5 different dealerships. Got down on negotiating table with a down payment check in hand. So spent about 15 hours in all + another 4 hours total driving between dealerships = 19 hours total and got this price. I know people at work - saw their actual paperwork and they had got a 2011 Sienna LE V6 8 passenger for 29.5 on the road. But I want to give Odyssey my best shot. If Odyssey had been over 30,800 then would have gone with the Sienna. During my negotiations, I was able to get an LX for 3.4k less and an EXL for 2 k more than the EX. Happy shopping. All the 5 dealer salesguys were nice. So do not want to recommend one over the other.
  • paulgtpaulgt Member Posts: 9
    HI, 34,800 OTD ,NC (tax 3%)
    1001 Tax
    69 License & Title
    349 Processing Fee
  • ayrbornveteranayrbornveteran Member Posts: 1
    Congrats on your great purchase. I have two quick questions for you...1. How much do you like your new fan? and 2. Does that have the DVD RES? Thank you...
  • daryeydaryey Member Posts: 4
    looking for the best 3 year lease rate with 12k miles per year on this car. Does anyone have any leads or ranges i can expect? Chose this because I wanted the HID lights which are not available on the other trim lines
  • bergen_boybergen_boy Member Posts: 9
    congrats on your purchase .. btw what color did you get .. also could you lease send the details of the contact info for the sales manager to
    bergen_boy@yahoo.com
    enjoy your new ride
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
    Hi : Cna you send me the contact deatails and the sales manager name forthe deal.

thanka ranvith.
  • david17david17 Member Posts: 4
    looking for the best price in Atlanta area, any suggestions on the best dealer or best/lowest price to expect?
  • ranred1235ranred1235 Member Posts: 6
    Hi : Cna you send me the contact deatails and the sales manager name forthe deal.

ranvithreddy@gmail.com

thanks ranvith.
    edited January 2011
    this is absolutely the best price i have seen and is about $700 less than any NJ dealer .. any one NJ want to make a trip to VA or anyone in VA want to join with me to negotiate as a group purchase
  • niazi20niazi20 Member Posts: 12
    What is the name of the dealership in Elkhart and where is Elkhart?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,057
    Elkhart, Indiana...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tthanhtthanh Member Posts: 4
    Hello hol2011, would you please send to my personnal email: VIKATT@LIVE.COM the internet manager name and his email. I was in contact with this Landmark Honda dealer since November 2010. His price had been $1600 higher than MD dealers. Thank you very much in advance for the information.

Regards
    Thanh
  • babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    When do the President Day sale offers get announced? I'm finding dealers who are sticking at MSRP and others who will go up to $2K below MSRP. Doesn't seem like much movement over the past couple of months. I'm wondering if I should wait for Pres. Day promos or just buy the car now.
  • adhocidadhocid Member Posts: 1
    Hello All

Have been following this forum since a long time. Let's say 2 years.
    Following these forums is very helpful to get a feel of the market. But, at the end, one should know when to pull the trigger.

Made a huge mistake in not buying the Odyssey back in June 2009 when Honda was giving huge incentives and rebates. Some users on this forum mentioned that in Aug 2009, Honda will come up with more incentives and I was greedy to wait for that :-)

Anyway, having followed this forum for most of my research, I want to share my vehicle buying experience to the fellow followers of this forum.

From the last 2 years, I have been seriously :-) looking for either Sienna or Odyssey.

Finally, I bought a 2011 Odyssey last week. Called up and negotiated with the dealer who has the color I was looking for. (Celestial lue Metallic) Looks like this is rare color and no dealership in the radius of 75 miles do not have this color. Again, I may be wrong.

This van is really cool. I am exploring its cool features (hidden and evident) one a day:-)

Negotiated OTD price as I always do. The final OTD is 36,300. The tax percentage is 6%. I live in the sub-urbs of Philadelphia. Now, I do not know if this is the best deal possible in the area.

Here is the breakup:
    =========================
    Price 34,038.73
    Sales Tax 2042.32
    Tire Tax 5.00
    Reg Fees 36.00
    Temp Tag Fee 10.00
    Title Fee 22.50
    Lien Fee 5.00
    Documentary Fee 125.00
    Online Reg 15.45
    Total 36300.00

I have financed some part of it and I have got 2.5% APR which I think is a good one.

If you see, the base price is 34,038 where MSRP of this vehicle is 37,230 and True Market Value suggested by Edmunds is 34,976.

Here are the details of the dealer:
    Dealer: Sloane Honda, Philadelphia, PA
    Internet Manager: Igor Keiser

One a whole, the experience I had with the internet manager and finance manager of this dealership is very good compared to the TONS of Toyota and Honda dealerships I have dealt with in the last 2 years. (Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey)

I liked the way Igor Keiser dealt with me as well.
    I would have been much more happy if the van included Roof rails which it did not.

Again, thanks to Edmunds and the users of this forum for opening up a world of information and knowledge about negotiations with the dealers.
    During my research, one other site which was helpful to me is truecar.com.

If you need to reach me for any info, please reach me at adhocid@yahoo.com. I may not respond immediately, but definitely within 2 or 3 days

Thanks again and I wish the best for all you prospective minivan buyers:-)

Bye.
  • imartimart Member Posts: 3
    I finally made the plunge and put a $500 deposit on my 2011 Smoky Topaz Honda Odyssey Touring. After negotiating with many dealers in NC, SC & VA. i decided to it with McKenney-Salinas Honda in Gastonia, NC. I received over 20 different quotes for the van and this was the BEST one yet. I was very scared to leave a deposit but in speaking with the general sales manager he showed me everthing - dates of when the car was being produced color etc and made me feel confident and comfortable. The car is set for production Feb 23- 27 and it should arrive by early March

Car $38,297.60
    Admis Fee $ 389
    Tax - $1,148.93
    Reg Fee - $70.50

OTD price $39,906.60

All of their cars include wheel locks, pin stripe and scotch guard interior and exterior ($600 value). I was also able to negotiate all season mats for the van. I made them write everything on the contract. We are excited and hope they are able to deliver.......
  • bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    We are comparing the Sienna XLE and Odyssey EXL. Liked both cars and are leaning to the Ody. BUT, the Ody's price is almost $2k more than a comparable Sienna. We are teachers and get a special discount through our local Toyota dealership, but the Honda dealerships have been pretty stingy in their prices.

Anybody have any luck in south TX? :confuse:
  • gclydegclyde Member Posts: 3
    I'd been trying to land an Elite since the 2011's hit the dealerships. They have been very scarce in so cal. I had been hanging onto a few leads through ZAG, but the dealerships that publish a price never seem to have the car in stock--coincidentally or not. One ZAG dealership did get the car then refused to honor their ZAG price (admittedly, my certificate was quite old).

Anyway, if I didn't get the car by next weekend, I was going to have to rent a car. So, I finally took the plunge. Several dealerships around LA have 1 or 2 elites, and they are all charging MSRP. Diamond Honda of Glendale offered me $600 off MSRP for a base price of $43,430. They had a black one, which was fine with my wife. We wanted celestial blue, but those are super rare.

The dealer told me the price over the phone. I went to the dealership 30 minutes later, and the GM honored the price. Pleasant buying experience, and I highly recommend this dealership.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a Touring at some point for 1k to 1.5k over invoice. That's 4k less than the Elite I ended up getting--which really calls into question whether the car is worth it. However, I had convinced myself I NEEDED those extra features (particularly HDMI input and the widescreen). I've driven the car 15 miles so far, and I love it. No regrets and I can finally stop looking.

From my limited experience, I think Elite prices around here will continue to slowly fall. Every dealership I talked to that had the car was eager to sell it at MSRP with no markup. I think they are hanging out on lots for up to a week. Every dealer also told me OTHER dealers were charging 2-3k ABOVE MSRP. As far as I can tell, that is not true at all.

TL;DR: Bought black Odyssey Touring Elite from Diamond Honda of Glendale for $600 off invoice. Let me know if you need the specific dealer's name. I highly recommend him but am not supposed to post names on this forum.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    gclyde,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Elite. I'm in SoCal as well and have been pricing these for awhile too. I have one pre-ordered at Weymouth in Boston for below invoice but we're still #2 on their list and we're probably a couple of months from delivery so I will likely try to price an Elite similarly this month locally.

I'm hopeful prices might come down some during the annual President's Day Sale as inventory is rising and demand is falling (elites on the lot for weeks, not sold for sticker on arrival)

I'm thinking people might be able in SoCal to haggle for prices in the $42,500 to $43,500 with persistence but nowhere near the prices in other parts of the country.

Congratulations again. Sounds like you are enjoying your van.
    -utc2
  • babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the feedback. Did they quote you a price on a Touring?
    As noted on each page, you may give the dealership name, city and state (and, we encourage you to do so).

But, let's keep the discussion here in the forums... If you have a question for someone, ask it here, where all members benefit from the conversation..

Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

It must be something about Odysseys that make people want to give out their e-mail addresses.... :confuse:

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ohmy3ohmy3 Member Posts: 14
    Utc2, I also have an order at Weymouth for an elite that I put in at the end of november. A few weeks ago they said they were putting in my order with the allocation order that day. Since I hadn't heard from them since, I called to follow. They said their allocation dropped from 3 to 1 and so my order got pushed out. I was number4. Now it's looking like end of February to order. If you are number2 and you are still looking at a couple of months, I must have a long ways to go. When did you put in your deposit?

They said they order a couple of times a month. I have a feeling it is more like once a month.

At this point, I'll actually receive my car within half a year of the 2012 coming out. I am starting to consider putting off the purchase till the new 2012 comes out then the dealerships are dying to get rid of 2011 or just buy the new years model.

Dallas area is still not budging from msrp on elite.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    ohmy3,

We've had the same experience with Weymouth. Deposit was placed on 11/19 so around the same time. We're #2 on the list now and I asked specifically about the car coming in sometime in Feb - they told me that it would not be ordered until after Feb and that it would take a few weeks once the order was placed. You're right - I think its only 1 car per month.

We've started to look around since we need the car in Feb. Dealerships in SoCal will not budge on the price and some have even marked them up. Looks like dealerships on the east coast specifically in the northeast are much more reasonable with their prices on the Elites.

Good luck with the van search... I will share any information from Weymouth with you if I hear anything.

utc2
  • themanrmthemanrm Member Posts: 7
    do you mind telling me the name of the financial instituation that offered 2.5%?
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Believe me, there is nothing special about Presiden't Day. Jsut another reason to advertise the same kind of a sale you can get everyday.

Sounds good though!

In checking with my old store, FINDING an Odyssey will be a person's biggest challenge. It sounds like the most popular mosels are in very short supply.

Why would a store deeply discount a car they can barely get their hands on?

Looks like another big winner for Honda!
    I didn't ask about the Touring. I get the feeling the Touring price at that particular dealership would not be that great.

I had some opportunities to get Tourings between 1 and 1.5k over invoice through ZAG during my search.
    In a big city like LA, there are definitely models out there, even the rare ones. And they are sitting on the lot longer. Therefore, it seems they will start to discount them.

I forgot to mention--my dealer told me that he was specifically told NOT to sell for a dollar below MSRP on the elite last week. And then that changed this week.

Whether that's true or he was just trying to make me feel good, I can't know for sure.
    edited January 2011
    thanks to hol2011 , bought a EX-L [no res or navi ] for 34095 OTD [nj taxes and registration] from landmark honda VA. i am from NJ and took mega bus in the morning to DC [$19] , took metro to king st VA [$3] and the dealer picked me up. will post the break down later .. but it was better than any price i got in nj by $400
    drove all the way back to nj ..the van rocks .. got polished metal metalic .. another nj guy bought with the same price.

they tried to sell me ext warr [1200$-6yr-80k]and gap insurance[495] .. i had to politely refuse ...

if u r in nj .. here is my tip if you dont want to go this far ..
    get a internet quite from dch acadamy honda [only dch will send u a editable email otd price ] .. edit the email .. take $400 off of inv and otd price and take the print out to route 22 honda .. he will beat it by $ 400 .. than take that to metro honda .. they will beat it by 100 .. so u can get $900 less than dch acadamy honda .. .. dont be greedy and cut too much .. the dealers are smart .. they will figure it out .. ..so do it in a subtle and smart way

good luck to all ... this forum saved me real $$
  • drivininstyledrivininstyle Member Posts: 14
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DESPICABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you think "car salesmen" are sleazy! This takes the cake. And you wonder why the process can't be simple! How pathetic you must resort to deception to get a "good deal."

THIS is what was suggested by previous poster!

"if u r in nj .. here is my tip if you dont want to go this far ..
    get a internet quite from dch acadamy honda [only dch will send u a editable email otd price ] .. edit the email .. take $400 off of inv and otd price and take the print out to route 22 honda .. he will beat it by $ 400 .. than take that to metro honda .. they will beat it by 100 .. so u can get $900 less than dch acadamy honda .. .. dont be greedy and cut too much .. the dealers are smart .. they will figure it out .. ..so do it in a subtle and smart way"
  • lnlhutz23lnlhutz23 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2011 EXL w/Navi in Smoky Topaz this past weekend from a dealer in Maryland. Looked around for about a month, handled virtually the whole thing online. This dealer was upfront from the start with the best deal, good buying experience. $35,129.00 OTD.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Oh, I've seen every trick played that you can think of.

They always thought they were being so original and they thought we would fall for their lies.

Sleaze comes from both sides.
  • jhk4949jhk4949 Member Posts: 12
    I am not touting this deal, just thought others would like to know. We don't see many OTD prices on the touring model....... $38,000 OTD, excluding Ga tax.
  • eenyiebeenyieb Member Posts: 12
    http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicl- es/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=295

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/5-Star+Safety+Ratings/2011-Newer+Vehicl- es/Vehicle-Detail?vehicleId=461

which one is safest for female passengers, which one is safest over all. I was provided the useful information, my sister is about to purchase a 2011 Honda odyssey Tour this weekend. smokey topez.... It is not always about lower prices.......
  • srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    We finally got ours last Thursday.

$38,000 (incl destination,cargo tray,roof rack,cross bars,Honda remote start)
    $ 249 doc fees
    Plus TTL

We paid a depostit for this in the first week of December and were told we would get it last week of December.We however got it last week cause the dealership from which Autosport was getting it sold it to someone else.

The odometer read 5 miles when we picked it up.Wouldnt recommend Autosport,they are not good with following up.We had to call them for status and leave messages and the sales person just never called back.The pick up however was very fast and smooth,in and out within an hour.The interim sales person gave us an almost 30 minute introduction to features in the car.We felt confident as we drove off the dealership.We will buy the all season mats from them this week.

Within a week we already have 200 miles on it! My children enjoy the van and is very comfortable.They love the DVD player.Bluetooth works great and the find destination by Place Number works great.Already getting 16.9 average with city driving.

The van looks great paked in a lot and upon approach the side profile looks very cool.Gotten several compliments from non minivan owners.

The interior leather color is great,its a light brown and i think will stand up great to whatever stains my kids dish out.

The interior cabing is very roomy and looks great in the daytime and even more so in the night. I already have pictures of my kids as wallpaper on the screen and it looks wonderfull.

Overall we are very happy with the van but it is still the honeymoon phase !

It was worth the wait and we are gald we chose it over the Sienna and the acura MDX.
  • azkid2azkid2 Member Posts: 47
    Was looking for minivans and the little (4'9") lady couldn't see well enough out of an Odyssey, so went to Sienna. While searching inventories we found Clawson Honda in Fresno with 10+ Tourings and 10+ Elites. Was quoted an Elite at $42,450.00 before TTL. Also plenty of other models.
  • srjainsrjain Member Posts: 14
    I am sorry,I dont agree with ur mentioned TACTICS to get a better price.
    Getting dealers to beat other dealer quotes in a legit fashion is the accepted norm,what you mention is unethical.
    just my 2 cents...
  • pricewpricew Member Posts: 18
    Folks,
    We are in the market for a Honda Odyssey 2011 but kind of concerned with the issue I have read about the Battery Low Charge notice that comes on these new vans in some cases even as they drive it off the lot and there does not seem to be any root cause solution. There are reports of dealers randomly rechargin the battery or changing the battery etc . I know that this van has a BMS or Battery Management system which some think that perhaps software is the issue. Anyway I have not heard of any permanent fix. Hate to spend this kind of money and have to run to the dealer everytime this issue occurs and spend couple of hours to resolve this. I have seen folks having to go back repeated ly to the dealer.
    rhaps the software is the issue.

Are you guys seeing this for the folks who have bought it and if so any resolution that has fixed it.

On a side note if anyone is looking in the Dallas area for a oddyssey let me know and maybe we can tag team to get a better deal. I can share what I have found so far -

pricewala at gmail.com

PW
    I just noticed that I am not supposed to put email addresses. My bad on my previous postage.
    PW
    I began having this warning when the weather turned VERY cold...and it has stopped, now that I've been out driving recently. I believe it is a software issue, and it is the battery management system keeping tabs. My car has started every time, and now I am smart about not leaving the radio running when I don't have the car on, etc.

You mentioned that you live in TEXAS, so then you won't have the cold weather to deal with. I don't know about extreme heat, folks will have to chime in and see if they have the issue in warmer climates. I did not see this issue till the weather got VERY cold.

I certainly would NOT let this deter me from an otherwise amazing vehicle!
  • eenyiebeenyieb Member Posts: 12
    The Low Battery doesnt mean that it has a bad battery, simply just mean's that the odyssey has not been started in a few days, and is not fully 100% charged. The indicator will let you know if the battery needs to be replaced. " Replace battery", or " Change Batt". This is a system that makes the driver aware of how much battery life remains.
    Thank you for this simple clarification.
    Honda should include a printout of this at delivery!
    (or at least mention the distinction in the owner's manual.)
    Folks,
    I have been quoted 32,950 for a Odyssey 2011 EX-L with these honda accesories

a) All weather floor mats for all three rows
    b) Cargo tray
    c) tint
    d) mud guards
    e) Door sill garnish

Is this a good price for this area.

Thanks
    PW
    f) Edge guards
    g) Wheel locks
  • hitchens97hitchens97 Member Posts: 62
    To be clear, it's actually not just despicable, it's straight out fraud, i.e. a felony. Quite surprised the Mods have let it stand.
    edited February 2011
    Is that a legal opinion? :surprise:

I'm sorry... If a car dealer tells you he can't go any lower and you walk out.. then he chases you to your car and drops another hundred... does that constitute fraud? Is he a liar?

If you say that you can't afford any more than $400/mo., but, you then sign a lease for $450/mo.... is that fraud? Are you a liar?

Nobody holds a gun to anyone's head... making them buy or sell for any amount, other than what they agree to... If buyers or sellers are stupid enough to mistake negotiating tactics for actual verifiable facts, then they get what they deserve.

The dealer knows what he is willing to sell a vehicle for... What he tries to determine, is how much more than that amount that the potential buyer might be willing to pay.. While I don't condone this member's tactics... I don't see any fraud being perpetrated.. If a dealer is influenced by a fake e-mail, to sell for less than what is prudent for them... then, they won't be around long. (In other words, it doesn't seem likely to work, anyway..)

After sitting in a car dealership a few dozen times, trying to negotiate a deal.... well.. let's just say I'm not the person to feel sorry for them.

You are free to disagree, of course..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• odysseybuyer1odysseybuyer1 Member Posts: 14
    I took the delivery of my 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L Polished metal today @ Chicagoland. I bought it from Continental Honda and had a excellent buying experience. The price was 31600 including spalash guards + Taxes, doc fees. This is a base EXL model with no RES or Navi. It comes with Michellin tires which was part of the deal I negotiated with them. I have seen base EX-Ls come with Continental tires, but asked for specifically Michellin tires when ordering this 3 weeks back. I am not sure if they only put Michellin tires for higher trims.

I had good 60+ miles today both highways and city. I like they way it handles and like the smooth transmission. I noticed ECO indicator many times over 60 miles. I will have to wait and see the real world mileage, but I do think that the VCM does a pretty good job. Having been driving Acura TL for 5 years, the Odyssey steering feels little soft to me. I guess I will need to yget used to. The interior plasctics seem like of good quality unlike Sienna.

I declined to take extended warranty. May be, I will give it a thought later. But, I don't feel like I should get one.

I got 1.9% for 60 months from a local credit union (Dupage). That was a good deal.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Now, looking forward to the summer to take long road trip with my family
  • houstonodhunthoustonodhunt Member Posts: 11
    Got the deal in Odyssey EX-L with RES in TEXAS

Car price : 31970
    Tax + Title around 6.5%: 2078
    Destination : 780
    Protection package (Mud guards , Cargo Tray and wheel locks)
    + Paint and leather protection package : 299
    Documentation : 128

OTD price : 35255
    If you post your e-mail address in this forum, your post will be deleted...

Use the guidelines at the bottom of each page...

Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

As Chef Tell used to say.. "Very simple, very easy"

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you tell me which dealer and city?

This is much better than anything in DFW area that I can find. I assume you are talking about a new 2011 Odyssey EX-L

Thanks
  • sfbayarea2sfbayarea2 Member Posts: 2
    Did you buy a 2011 Odyssey EX-L in SF Bay Area? Could you please share the price?

Thank you very much!
  • daikudaiku Member Posts: 1
    I don't think that Clawson actually has that inventory available but it is spoken for.
  • houstonodhunthoustonodhunt Member Posts: 11
    I purchased from Houston TX , dealer name is GoodSonHonda . I purchased 2011 Odyssey EX-L with RES. OTD is 35255. Price of the car is around 32750 including destination. Car includes protection pacakage + paint and leather protection.

I also got 2.6% apr financing for 5 years.