Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• scamperdoodlescamperdoodle Member Posts: 5
    WOW! $32,821! WOW! And that didn't include subtracting your trade! I thought I had a good deal, seems like I could have done maybe a $1,000 better with your guy! Congrats!
  • cultured_hickcultured_hick Member Posts: 10
    I've searched in the Birmingham area and Atlanta area and haven't been able to get deals as well as what is mentioned above. The best offer I got was:
    $34,300 + $1200 (roof rails, body side molding & back up sensors) + taxes (3.2%) and fees = $37,185.47 "total". This price also includes splash guards and pinstripe.

Anyone else doing better than this around here?
  • ginalou18ginalou18 Member Posts: 1
    We have signed a purchase agreement for an EX-L for 34,500 OTD in Columbus, GA. That being said...We did this Wednesday night...and they are YET to locate a car...

Does anyone know how long they have to find a vehicle before we can squash the deal? There has been no money down...they have our trade...but not the title. I would just assume go to another dealership at this point...5 days seems a bit ridiculous. (Almost as ridiculous as me agreeing to buy something that may not even exist!)
  • rjxrjx Member Posts: 11
    Hunter,

You're right, the car buying programs are a joke. You'll get a better price from the internet divisions of most dealerships.

I do not have RES.

Any suggestions on how I could provide you with a copy of my invoice?

Edmunds does not allow us to share contact info.
  • wallstreet1wallstreet1 Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to get the best price in for EX-L in Houston area. I do not need Navigation or Read DVD. MSRP is 35,230, invoice is 31,985. I see lots of posts here with people getting near invoice price, but I haven't gotten anything close.

Went through Costco program but price was only 1200 below MSRP. USAA program got me a bit better pricing, but still 33K - 33.5K before TTL.

I know the Earthquake has reduced inventory, but the EX-L is really quite common, especially compared to Touring/Touring Elite. Any tips on how to get closer to invoice price or whether that's even realistic?

Thanks!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    To communicate with another poster, you both must have your email activated in your profile.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Hi,guys

i got my 2011 exl with tint,alarm,cargo tray for $32500 plus ttl .had trade 07 honda odessey ex ....45k miles for 18968(with tax) so total otd came out 18240 including 8yrs /120 honda care($1400 with zero deduct)..

did 3.29 for 36 months

thanks for all your help
    hp
  • lippmanslippmans Member Posts: 1
    From which dealership in Phoenix did you purchase your 2011 Odyssey EX-L? I am also looking to trade in a used Odyssey EX-L (mine is a year older) for a 2011 EX-L. Thanks.
  • dado_kdado_k Member Posts: 11
    So, after being on this forum for months, I finally got my 2011 EX-L. South Florida prices seem much higher then anywhere else in the country, so after dealing with at least half dozen dealerships, I think I got a pretty good deal for this area. 32,500 for EX-L, inlcudes mud flaps, cargo tray, roof rack with cross bars, secure wheel lock. It was about 1K cheaper then next closest dealer. I hope this helps to those shopping in this area.

My wife is loving the new odyssey.

Thanks to all for all your posts

-D
  • ketanrketanr Member Posts: 3
    Hi can u pls share your dealer information. I am in NJ and would like to get a honda odyssey exl with RES
    Thanks
  • jctivojctivo Member Posts: 4
    I emailed several dealers near and far in Virginia and Maryland.

You know the drill email a bunch, tell them to beat the lowest price, eventually they drop off and you have one left.

Sheehy Honda in Alexandria in the internet department matched the lowest price from Lynchburg Honda. I emailed near and far. I think Sheehy has a matching policy or something like that.

No RES, No Nav.

Black with gray interior
    2011 EX-L Odyssey

No trade in.
    Financing from Apple Federal Credit Union 1.9% with an extra point off for direct deposit.

31741.47 includes: mud flaps, roof rails, cross roof rails, all weather floor mats and folding cargo mat (priced at $924) - I wanted those and only those accessories.

processing fee 389
    3% va tax 963.91
    dealer business license tax 54.62
    license fee 99.50
    OTD = 33,248.50

I think we did pretty good.

Good luck and thanks for all of the pricing information.

BTW...love the ride so far.

Completed deal a week ago.
  • boomertsfxboomertsfx Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Great edal, jctivo!

I'm in Nova too - 2011 EX-L Smoky Topaz, Truffle interior. No extras. 33,500 OTD .. I was pretty happy with that price until I saw your deal (basically you got accessories and I got jack). =) I'm an apple fcu member too..

-785 freight
    -1100 VA tax, tags, etc.

72months @ 2.99, 10k down. no trade-in... will craigslist the old Santa Fe

dealer threw in 3 yrs oil changes every 5k, loaner, etc. costco price wasn't near that.

Decent deal, though jctivo trumps me =).

We love the car -- seems like a better deal than the sienna... bigger LCD for backup camera, I like the build quality. Wish they had rubberized surfaces for the armrest, places to put your phone around the dash, etc. So far we have 250mi, only 17mpg, babying the gas pedal too -- hope that rises =)
  • hotsoupshotsoups Member Posts: 12
    I have been watching and reading this forum for a while. I wanted to know how much people paid for their EX-L, but I didn't see one. I knew people in other parts of the U.S got great deals. For example, one person posted here on April 10 bought an EX-L in Boston for $31,700. So I tried to get the same deal in the bay area. I went to Hansel Honda and offer them $31,700, but they kept saying that they couldn't sell a car at a lost. They kept saying their invoice is $32,299 and they wanted $500 above their invoice. As I was leaving the sale person came to talk a few more minutes, but I didn't agree to his voice so he slammed my door as he walked away. I just stayed cool and drove off. I wanted the deal because we were leaving the next day for a week of road trip. So we ended up driving our 2003 Odyssey. During our vacation I got an e-mail quote from Kastner Honda for $32,299. I replied to the e-mail, offered $31,700, and got a reply back that he agreed to the price. He told me that he doesn't have the Polished Metal Metallic in stock, but he would try to get it from another dealer. Later that day he said he found one and I can come in two days to get the car. We e-mailed each other the next four days as to when I can come in. The whole time I had my doubt about the deal. I told my wife and my family that I have been dealing with a car sales person just by e-mails only and he agreed to the price. He told me to come and pick up the car after 11 on Friday. I still didn't believe that I can get this deal. We got there and saw the van. He showed us the van. We came to sit down at his desk. He pulled out the sales contract and everything was exactly what he said in his e-mail. We were just shocked. We kept telling him that this has been the best car buying experience we have ever had. Since every state has a different tax rate, registration fee, document fee, and other fees, I like to give a price breakdown.

$31,700.00 selling price
    $ 453.00 CA license and registration ( every year it goes down a little bit)
    $ 55.00 dealer's document fee
    $ 8.75 CA tire waste fee
    $ 3,016.72 CA sales tax
    $35,233.47 out the door

Thank you to all those who have shared. Good luck to future buyers.
  • nadog1nadog1 Member Posts: 1
    I too have been watching this forum for a while and I hope to get our EX-L with Navi this week. Could you tell me, does your car have Navi? Any other options come with your car? Thank you for posting your info...I hope to be as lucky!
  • nayigadinayigadi Member Posts: 9
    Thank you ohmy3.

Please do share your experience on how it goes with Corwin Honda.
  • justpaidjustpaid Member Posts: 3
    It was an all for one price for the car after tax.
  • luckee37luckee37 Member Posts: 2
    I'm currently shopping for an '11 Odyssey and have been communicating with several dealerships by internet. My local dealerships are holding firm at 32,9XX for an EX-L, so I've been shopping outside my region.

However, the following email was too funny/sad, that I just had to share it...

"The price for a nice, brand new, 2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L is $XX,XXX which is better than employee pricing. I can only do this price for this week. The reason I can do this price is because my Uncle was going to purchase the same kind of vehicle but backed out of the deal due to personal issues. So what I can due is replace his information with yours that way I can pass his deal off to you, making it a win/win situation."

I've come to expect crazy stories from salespeople (especially in person), but I wasn't quite prepared to see this over email.
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    What area do you live in?
  • luckee37luckee37 Member Posts: 2
    Raleigh, NC. I have business in DC this week, so I'm open to picking one up in Northern Virginia instead of NC. We'll see...
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Sounds like the internet sales person has some extra time on their hands and is trying creative writing. Not doing well at it, I might add.

At $4.00 + gallon gas, these Odysseys are going to start backing up in inventory like they did in 2008/2009.
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    I live near Charlotte. It may be worth your time to contact:

Lauren Salinas or Eddy
    McKenney-Salinas Honda
    800-665-0013

I haven't seen anyone yet on this Forum that has gotten a better deal than they gave me in October on a 2011 EX-L. However, the parts shortage and the fact that they sell their Odysseys very quickly may have caused the pricing to go up. Gas Prices may help change that.

Tell them Jim Graham referred you, and let me know if ya'll are able to make a deal.

Good Luck and be agressive. I think you'll find them great to work with. No BS.
  • kphakpha Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for sharing the info. Would you mind to provide the contact info of the sale person? I'm in the Bay Area and looking for the same car. Thanks
  • hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    Moinu,

Awesome deal! - Congrats. I live in PA and have contacted Bobby Rahal. Though they are in MEchanichsburg, I would drive if I get that price. My 9 year old van has started with the air conditioning issue so need to get it before it gets too hot.

I was hoping I can get some details. Possibly if you can black your personal information and email me a copy of the invoice, I would directly ask for a similar pricing.
    or If I can get a reference to let Bobby Rahal know for them to offer me the same deal. Let me know if you are okay, would greatly appreciate it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,176
    Posts with e-mail addresses get deleted....

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• moinumoinu Member Posts: 7
    Please check your mail and I replied further details to contact Bobby Rahal. Good luck.
  • mjksrmjksr Member Posts: 4
    Dealers in NJ are crying the blues with regard to availability of the EX-L w/ RES.
    Several dealers offered to install the RES at the dealership.
    Does anyone know if this is the same as a factory installation????
  • dtoccidtocci Member Posts: 3
    Jim, what kinda of deal did you get for EX-L at McKenney-Salinas. I live in Chapel Hill. Shopping for EX-L. Honda dealerships in RTP are not very willing to offer prices I've seen posted in this forum.
  • shoppingforcarshoppingforcar Member Posts: 10
    hi moniu,

congratulations!
    if you don't mind, could you share more details on your deal? it will be best if you can black your personal information and email me a copy of the invoice or If I can get a reference so that Bobby Rahal can offer me the similar price. I live in NY but wouldn't mind to drive to PA. Really appreciate.
  • dgackeydgackey Member Posts: 4
    From what I've experienced so far (as well as what I've been reading here) it sounds like the dealers in TX are gouging folks pretty hard on the Tourings and Elites (but I guess some people are prepared to pay whatever it costs to get these things!).

On top of it all, I've literally never seen a Black Touring show up in any dealer's inventory.

I noticed a lot of folks talking about putting in orders with out-of-state dealers. How does this generally work? Are you guys driving out to pick up these vehicles, or do you get them shipped?! I've honestly never had this much trouble getting a vehicle I want. There's actually a dealer in Dallas who is offering a USED 2011 Touring Black with 10k miles for $44k! W T F?!

We're replacing a paid-for '06 Quest with 78k miles on it and can afford to take our time, we just know what we want and I'd really like to pay a reasonable (4-5% dealer profit) amount. Local dealership here in Austin refused to budge on MSRP of 41,525 to order one from Honda, pretty much dared me to find someone who would sell for less than MSRP.

HELP!
  • tulsa1tulsa1 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Tulsa, OK. Last week I purchased a Smokey Topaz EXL (no RES or NAV) as follows:

Car: $31,485
    Doc Fee: $150
    TTL: In Oklahoma, you typically do TTL directly through the state after the purchase. Tax is 3.25% of the purchase price, Tag is $91, and License is less than $15. It's only been a week, so I'm still waiting on the state to send me the paperwork.

OTD: $31,635

We put down $15,000, and they gave me $1000 for my 2000 Accord, which had over 220k miles.

Regarding the price of the car...I found one dealer who initially offered this price, but they didn't have my color. So I went to another dealer, who had the color, and got them to match the price. They refused to sweeten the deal at all though. I asked for all weather mats and/or splash guards, but they refused.

The price was still good though, so I bought it.
  • xinvarxinvar Member Posts: 1
    tulsa1, I'm in the market for an EX-L too. The numbers you posted didn't add up --

31485*1.0325+91+150+15-1000 = 31764, not the OTD: $31,635 you paid for.
  • jbmuosujbmuosu Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a silver exl with Navigation = $34,205 plus pro pack for $529.

Ended up going to Cincinnati Ohio instead of here in Nashville TN. Much better selection in SW Ohio and more willing to deal on price. Had to trade a 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited, got $32,500 for the trade in.

Purchased from Kings Honda.
  • tulsa1tulsa1 Member Posts: 3
    I assumed when folks on this forum ask "What did you pay OTD", they're seeking to know what the dealership charged you for the vehicle.

I purchased the vehicle from the dealership for $31,485 plus a $150 doc fee for a total of $31,635. That is what I called my OTD price. I rolled out of the dealership (out-the-door) having paid that much money to THEM for that vehicle (less, of course my trade and cash down).

However, sometime in the next 30 days, I will receive TTL paperwork from the Oklahoma DMV...and make a trip to the local tag agency to pay $91+$15+3%. Since the TTL figures are exclusive to my state, and since they are calculated the same no matter what kind of NEW car I purchase, I did not feel the need to include them in the OTD price.

If I'm wrong for doing it this way, I beg your pardon.
  • rucshacarucshaca Member Posts: 8
    moinu,

Can you please send some details of your deal ... i live in NJ and wants to purchase an EX-L ....

rucshaca at yahoo dot com
  • ohmy3ohmy3 Member Posts: 14
    I'm a Dallas, TX resident and ended up getting my black Touring Elite out of state because it was so much cheaper.

I had the car shipped to me on an open truck from Missouri for $450. Then sent hubby to get license plates and the paperwork on the taxes. The license plate was minimal (somewhere around $20 I think, but you can find the exact price on the internet).

I never saw the vehicle until it got down here. Normally it wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, after I paid for the car, my car was in a hail storm while it was on the dealer's lot, so it was repaired prior to getting shipped to me. After getting the car, I found so many things wrong that now I'm having to deal with this headache of working with the people out of state.

I would still purchase out of state-- the $ savings is too much to ignore, but if the car was damaged you should at least see your car before getting it shipped.
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    That's a solid price (even if there is some give or take on a few hundred bucks!)
    :)
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    I am kind of disappointed that recently half of the dealers I have visited have all said that the Tsunami has meant that there is a shortage of "Elite" Odysseys. No actual reason - I hope it's true and not just some BS they are feeding trying to get me to jump on a deal. I'm not that kind of buyer so it doesn't matter, just wondering if anyone else had this happen.

I have a price of $39,437 for Touring Elite (Tax and tags extra) - no other fees.
  • dgackeydgackey Member Posts: 4
    @ohmy3, the dealer didn't disclose that it had been damaged prior to shipping it to you?

I am nearing the point of closing a deal with Weymouth in MA; their price on a Touring is outstanding. Open car transport from MA to TX is fairly expensive but it still ends up being close to $3k less than the best price I could get from the dealers around here.

Big question my wife has is "what happens if the van arrives damaged"... and I'm still trying to figure out what the answer to that is. I guess if it's a defect of the vehicle unrelated to shipping, we take it to the local dealer? If it's a shipping issue I take it up with the shipping company?

What kinds of headaches are you experiencing with the dealer you bought from now, if you don't mind me asking?
  • babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    I was told that there were problem getting parts for the Elite long before the earthquake.
  • zuffy316zuffy316 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me which dealership was this in NJ?
  • zuffy316zuffy316 Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me which dealership was this from NJ?
  • suhansuhan Member Posts: 1
    Hi srjain,

I am also looking for similar van to buy. could u please tell me the dealer name and the sales guy's details. I am also in NE (Omaha). Thanks in advance.
  • babsmillerbabsmiller Member Posts: 20
    I just received an e-mail from a dealership asking if I am still looking for an Odyssey. The e-mail said, "There may be some incentives that are available on the 2011 Honda Odyssey that may have not been available then."

Anyone else heard anything about incentives?
  • myodyssey11myodyssey11 Member Posts: 4
    Is it possible for me to get a copy of the Quote..you could remove your personal details.
  • cash12cash12 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to the original poster but.....

I reached out to Kastner Honda and the very best quote they said they would give was just shy of $34k before all fees. This was only if you took the only one vehicle they had in stock so price is before any dealer call off fee. Ric Rosa (sales and leasing manager) asked me to post on this forum as they didn't want any more business at the price quoted in the prior post.

I would suggest to readers given the attitude, selection and current pricing not to consider this dealer.
  • justiciabilityjusticiability Member Posts: 3
    Picked up an EX-L last weekend (no RES, no NAV). Paid 33,300 for the car + $389 processing + VA taxes, title. Added rear back up sensors for the wife for $380. Got 1.9% financing. Dealer wanted $1418 for Honda Care warranty, but I'll pick that up through Hyannis Honda for half the price. Maybe not the greatest price for the car, but I was comfortable with it and we were done in about 10 minutes.

Decided to pass on the built in RES to avoid kids constantly asking to watch. Will use portable system we had in our old CR-V and pick up an iPad and mount.
  • sodysseysodyssey Member Posts: 3
    Hi Jctivo,

Could you please forward your quote, what you got it. Sheehy Honda is asking for the quote for 33,248.50.

Thanks and Regards,

VG
    Hi Moinu,

Could you please forward your quote / sale deal.

Thanks and Regards,

VG
    Hi Moinu or Hunder,

Could you please forward the invoice from Bobby Rahal. It would help me a lot.

Thanks and Regards,

VG
  • merc430merc430 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase an EX-L/Nav, and i was wondering what folks are paying in MD and northern VA. Also any idea on how best to approach this purhcase.