Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• armywife2cptarmywife2cpt Member Posts: 4
    That's exactly the number I just got to on an EXL -RES $34,900! It'll arrive in 1-2 days so I'll get the 0.9% APR for 60 months!
    I was going to get an EXL we agreed on $33,500 with FREE all weather mats, FREE cargo tray, and FREE (4) splash guards and installation.
    It was going to be in possibly as late as 9-02 (being made) so not to the dealership for another week; so I could still get 1.9% ... that can be extended if yours is not in yet; however, the .9% it has to be on the lot and delivered by 9-06-11.
    So I had the saleswoman check; they have my same color (white) w/ truffle (hard to find) coming in 1 to 2 days! I bid $34,700 they ok'd that but said not w/ the 3 free accessories they'd agreed upon for the EXL (all weather mats, cargo tray, and splash guards) I wanted all that and so I bid $34,900 and they ok'd it!!!
    So I got $34,900 for an EXL RES 2011 with .9% APR for 60 months AND free all weather mats, cargo tray, and splash guards!!!
    The only fee the dealership charges is $199. This includes admin work, prep, etc.. not bad! :)
    I"m thrilled! I get it tomorrow or the next day! Color of choice, interior of choice and all! :):):)
  • mike_xuemike_xue Member Posts: 3
    Hi armywife2cpt,
    that seems to be a good deal for you! where is your dealership? I got the same model for $35,291 without any free stuff. If the $199 is included then mine is about $290 more. So enjoy yours.
  • armywife2cptarmywife2cpt Member Posts: 4
    Hey Mike!
    I don't think we are allowed to list the dealer name on here... years back they would delete any post; cause sales man would come on here and advertise. URGH.
    It's a dealer outside St. Louis.
    No, the $199 is not included in the 34,900. I didn't include dealer fees in price.. that is the only fee they charge for prep, admin paperwork, etc...
    They do the $495 paint sealant at NO charge and 2 years of free service (4 oil changes and 2 tire rotations) free. All those are free and with each Honda they sell.

I listed the price for the van since fees, sales tax, etc. very so much per state. I did list it so that people knew. That's the only fee I paid though and there is no way around that fee. I don't feel bad about it knowing the service for 2 years is free, and they have to do the paperwork etc... prep..

I'm getting the three "parts" that I really wanted all for FREE: all weather mats (retail: 199), free cargo tray (retail 99), free splash guards (retail w/ install 120) all included in the 34,900.
    So I think that's a great deal.

Plus the EXL I was going to wait for (it comes in just when the 0.9% will expire) I will save $500 in interest from 1.9% to 0.9% so I really got a good deal...

Most oddy's in this area are pre sold..... I got really lucky getting the EXL RES for only a littler more than the EXL I'd been waiting for. I get this one sooner and the same free things.

Considering that no more 11's can be ordered and very few are on lots, yet it was exactly the color choices I would have picked, I'm super happy. I get it tomorrow
  • viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    $34,900 for EXL-RES is an excellent price. I closed our deal on a lease for ex-l at end of July and lowest I could get was 34,200. And this was after talking to 5 dealerships in 200 miles radius. The inventory level was non existent and no one was willing to sell below msrp. I closed the deal when I got 34,200 to take advantage of Honda promise. Still waiting for our van to arrive from Alabama. Now I wish I had waited to get more discount like you guys.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• fl1fl1 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    On 8/24 We purchased an EX-L, no options, Mocha Metallic, at John Hall Honda in Daytona Beach, Fl.

32,864.00 Purchase price (includes delivery)
    6.50 Tire/Battery disposal
    2,027.17 6.5% Sales tax
    241.45 Registration, Doc stamps,etc.
    499.00 Dealer fee

35,638.12 Total

Financed at .9%

5,000.00 down - 522.56 @ 60 months

Total interest charge: 715.48

We've driven about 100 miles so far. It rides and drives great, very similar to a 2006 Pilot we had in ride and features.

Hope this helps...

FL1
  • kadoosbuzzkadoosbuzz Member Posts: 10
    I am trying to decide if I want to buy a 2011 or wait for the 2012. Any idea how high the incentive aprs might go by Christmas? Have they ever offered the .9% before during Thansgiving or Christmas? I just don't think I can swing getting the .9 apr by Sept 6 expiration date because we are still trying to sell our current van. I'm thinking a month or so might be better but hate not getting that great incentive.

Also, I just finished my masters degree so I do qualify for the graduate program. Does that apr go down to .9 and is it offered year around?

Thanks for any advice!!
  • dca4dca4 Member Posts: 5
    I closed the deal this weekend after a few weeks of waiting on an EX-L w/RES:

Base + Destination: $34,200
    Title Fees: ~$150 (whatever the IL requirement) is
    No other fees or dealer add-ons
    got the 0.9 APR as well

I started the process in late June and had to wait for about six weeks to get the car I wanted at what I perceived as a good price. The inventory was very low in Chicago area then and dealers were not looking to negotiate. YMMV

I had a great experience at Motorwerks with the salesperson who helped me out. I'd recommend the dealership and him. Too bad I can't name him on the forum
  • pallapalla Member Posts: 2
    I got the price quote from the internet sales person. Visited the dealership on the same day (27th Aug) and picked up the van the same day. No negotiation on the quoted prices. In metallic gray.

Price: $34000
    Only add on were: wheel locks and splash guards. They wanted me to pay $300 for these two on top of the quoted price. I paid $130, to make it a total of $34k.
    20K down, rest is 0.9% apr. Took the extended honda warranty for 6years or 75kmiles.

Very nice dealership& good experience. Recommend this dealership to anyone.
    Good deal while the inventory is low and no other dealers are looking to negotiate. I was looking for this vehicle since March. In July I got the quote for 36K for this vehicle. I am super happy, I got this deal.
  • herro91herro91 Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend a dealership in Maryland who offers fair and reasonable prices. I'm running into the low inventory + not much negotiation room trying to find a good price on an Odyssey EX-L w/ RES which I want to pick up by labor day.

All the dealers want to tack on the destination + their dealer fees which really jacks it up.

Appreciate any help - including a recent price quote that I can use to negotiate.

Thanks!
  • ibeplatoibeplato Member Posts: 13
    we bought ours at Criswell and were happy with the process with a few caveats - the sales guy was great and put no pressure on us to buy or to buy over-priced add-ons such as pinstriping, door edge guards, etc.

The caveats:
    1. The finance manager pushed very hard to get us to buy a non-Honda-care extended warranty and separate tire protection plan. His initial quote was around $2,300 for a 5/75 warranty with 5 years of tire/wheel protection. When I provided him with the quote that others are getting from Hyannis Honda for an 8/120 HondaCare plan ($1,270), he gave the same to me for $1395, which is $100 over cost (Hyanis is selling under cost because they say they get a volume discount). I bought the warranty through Criswell to roll the warranty into my loan.
    2. while we were buying our Odyssey I had the oil changed on my other Honda (which they had never serviced since I live out of state). They have a low-cost oil change service, but the catch is that they told me I needed to change a bunch of fluids that I had recently changed, including brake fluid which had been changed 4 months ago. As a result, I would never go there for service.

So, I would buy a car there again, it was a fairly painless process, especially negotiating the vehicle. I got my quote quickly through their web site. But be prepared to push back on the extended warranty and avoid their service department.
  • herro91herro91 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Ibeplato,

Can you share me with the pricing you received and from which sales person/sales manager so I can hopefully gain the same good price?
  • j99j99 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for the same van. Would you be able to provie the OTD price? Thank you.
  • wmsowmso Member Posts: 5
    We went to a dealership in Huntersville NC and had our 2008 Highlander which is in great condition, low mileage etc. They said the best they can do after trade is $34K on the Odyssey with entertainment system, (cool box) and roof racks. I feel like, especially looking at what people here have paid, they did not even give us a trade in. Did anyone else have a trade in? What was your bottom line then?
  • pallapalla Member Posts: 2
    Price: 34000 (includes destination)
    TTL: 2943.36
    doc fee: 156.08
    6yr/75K exteded warranty: 1790
    OTD:38914.44

I know I overpaid for the extended warranty which I am going to cancel or renegotiate. I believe I have 60day time for this.
    Surprisingly: hondacity honda was very good in sales and very bad in finance. The finance guy lies to me saying: what I got was 9year warranty which honda does not even offer.....
  • odysseyformeodysseyforme Member Posts: 2
    I just wanted to extend a thank you for everyone posting here. It assisted my decision to purchase a 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite for my family and myself. I spent a lot of time contemplating between Toyota and Honda. I searched high and low through all the dealerships in Phoenix. I found one who wasn't going to give me a song and dance - he gave everything straight up. He showed the invoice (which I compared to what I researched) also gave the most for the trade too. We bought the extended service plan 8/120k and the remote start. I am now requesting Super Honda to give a quote on accessories.

So thank you everyone for the contributions of your opinions/experiences. They are helpful.
  • udbackerudbacker Member Posts: 3
    Without a trade-in, just took delivery of our Touring Elite (black exterior, grey interior), priced at:

Price: 40901
    Doc Fees: 99
    Options: 571 (we added splash guards, side body moulding, door sill protectors)
    ------------------------
    OTD: 41571

Note that taxes (about 7.5%) and title/tag (about $65) had to be paid at our local DMV, as the dealer is 4-5 counties away from us.

Dealer is in the Missouri Capitol Region, quoted me 41000 OTD plus any options we wanted over Internet (see zag.com). Was a huge relief after getting ridiculously high quotes (and/or sleazy treatment) from **all** of the St. Louis area metro dealers, even after 3 rounds of bidding.

Not the first time I've had to run away from the St. Louis metro Honda/Acura dealers to get even a reasonable deal .... grrr ...
  • csr242csr242 Member Posts: 9
    I am in St. Louis area and looking for 2011 Odyssey Touring. Who was your dealer, looks like you got a good deal.
  • kaliguy714kaliguy714 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone recommend me a Honda dealer in SoCal? I'm looking for an EX-L. Most of the quotes I get from local dealers are $36,500. Is that a good quote or I can get lower? Thanks.
  • dggodggo Member Posts: 6
    What's the breakdown, price, tax, etc. Which dealer is coming in closest. I'm looking for EX-L Res as well. Just starting, haven't got any quotes yet.

Thx
  • kaliguy714kaliguy714 Member Posts: 6
    I just asked for an OTD price, so I don't care whatever fees they calculated.
  • udbackerudbacker Member Posts: 3
    If my experience is typical, you need to stay away from the St. Louis dealers (I'm not sure why absolutely none of them are truly competitive, and you feel like you need a long shower after talking with many of them over the phone).

We got our deal with Corwin Honda in Jefferson City. Go through www.zag.com, and you'll likely get the quote I got without much (if any) haggling ...

Enjoy!
  • aveeraveer Member Posts: 3
    I am in the market to buy Odyssey Ex-L, and getting quotes from all the dealers around, in the range from 33,500 to 34,800. Reading other ppl experiences (in other states) i think good price should be around 32,500 or so. Is anyone getting such price from any of the bay area dealer? Pls share your buying experiences...
  • mike_xuemike_xue Member Posts: 3
    aveer,
    I believe ~ $33,290 would be a good one for EX-L, you can try stevens-creek honda. I just got a EX-L w/RES that is about $2K more ($35,291). So I think you can even get EX-L for less than $33290. Just get low quotes and push others to come down on their quotes. But in general inventory is quite low. So try out and see how it goes.
  • rome123rome123 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone recently purchased EX-L in Atlanta GA, Charlotte,NC or Raleigh NC area. Looking to purchase one over the labor day weekend.
    thanks Mike...
    ME TOO. Charlotte NC. We were quoted 34k Including trade in, which seemed ridiculous, AND they smugly stated they cannot even get one for 6 weeks, high demand yada yada like they didn't even need our business. That was at Priority Honda of Huntersville NC (north or Charlotte, Lake Norman area). We have had snob dealings with them last car purchase and went elsewhere. Still hunting for our van, looking for offer under 32K THEn take off trade in value.
  • libedmundslibedmunds Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a celestial blue EX-L w/NAV for 35,900(plus TTL) in the DFW area. Could have got a better deal if I was willing to take a different color (red, white or silver) as blues are difficult to find. Great experience with the Dealership sales person. No surprises

It came with the following installed options (splash guards, body-side moldings, tinted windows, pin-strip, edge guards, cargo tray, nitrogen upgrade, wheel locks, fabric protection, paint-sealant, VIN glass etching)
  • rgbaijalrgbaijal Member Posts: 2
    i just wanted to write about buying experience in houston. i started out by sending about 50 requests throughout the state of texas, mostly in houston, austin, san antonio, and dallas. most of the dealers in austin and san antonia were not willing to budge below MSRP citing supply and demand issues. One salesman from Vandergriff Honda asked me if I watched the news and heard of the Tsunami. The lowest written quote we got was from Gillman Honda with OTD at 37400. Unfortunately, they did not have any exl-res in stock and the colors that were coming in were ones that my wife did not want. Other local Houston dealers said they would match or beat the price, but nothing in writing, but there were just no vehicles on the lot and the supply of cars coming in was low or the colors again were not what my wife wanted. The supply out there is terrible.

Luckily, I got a call from the General Manager at Billy Navarre Honda in Lake Charles, LA who didn't beat around the bush. He could sell me the white ex-l res on his lot for 32900 + ttl with no dealer add ons. I told him, my wife didn't want a white and if he could do a dealer trade. He said he could but he could not offer me the dealer holdback on the car. His sales consultant located the vehicle at another dealer in Louisiana the next day and sent the purchase order the following day with the VIN. Breakdown was roughly:

exl-res 33600+
    6.25% TX+
    other fees that I can't remember
    no dealer add ons
    OTD 36100.

There finance department approved my wife for the 0.9% 60 month financing over the phone.

I told her that I wasn't certain when I could come and pick up the car, the sales consultant told me not to worry about. The dealer drove the car to my house, and my wife signed a few papers and we had our car. Billy Navarre Honda in Lake Charles was absolutely awesome and seamless.
  • ltr2ltr2 Member Posts: 5
    Took my delivery on Tuesday for an EX-L, no NAV nor RES in DFW, no additional add on, brown color. Love it.

33,695 is the base price, plus tax, tittle and registration, come out to 36,138. Got 0.9% APR for 60 months. This is the lowest quote I got from the 5 or 6 dealers in DFW. Some wouldn't budge on the MSRP. When I told them the quote from the other dealer for 33,695, they told me to "go get that one because we couldn't match that".

Last weekend, bought an HP touchpad for 150. Now I have a RES for my EX-L!
  • ty_hity_hi Member Posts: 2
    Not a bad mini as long as you don't have average size teenagers who have to sit in the third row. The VW / Dodge RT / Chrysler TC L was our first choice(s) until we test drove it and found out that two out of seven members of the family (it'll be 3 in 2 yrs and 4 in 5 yrs) couldn't sit in the third row. I'm 5' 9.5" and if I sit in the back row I have to either sit with my head and upper back forward and off the back of the seat or smash my cranium into the headliner because the angle of the backseat puts your head right past the spot where the roof line starts to curve downward into the tailgate. Either way, not real safe in a rear end accident since my head would smash into the headliner before being supported by the headrest even worse in a roll over. Big mistake on Chrysler's design. I was looking forward to buying the car because we got a great deals on the VW SEL RES and the R/T that placed the R/T below dealer cost after holdbacks because of the factory incentives (dear invoice price minus $2500 rebate - $500 military rebate)
  • ty_hity_hi Member Posts: 2
    Absolutely, was waiting to buy the 2011 thinking they would outshine Toyota's chipmunk but I was wrong. My stomach no long heaves as it once did looking at it (dark color exterior helps immensely as does time...grows on you like an ugly baby) and my wife doesn't mind so now I'm debating if I want to buy the 2011 Touring or go for a 2010 Touring (used since no one seems to have a new one on the lot anymore)
  • crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Hi guys,

I've contacted about 10 dealers in the SoCal (Orange County) area, and I can't get a dealer to come down more than 700 dollars off of MSRP on a Touring . It makes me sick seeing the great deals others are getting in other parts of the country. They are willing to come down thousands on EX-L but not the Touring...I'm hoping to buy in the next month..any advice?

Will prices come down once the 2012 models come out? Do I have to just suck it up, or go out of state?? I can't figure out the discrepancy!

Thanks in advance.
  • ae123ae123 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2011 Odyssey EX-L:
    Price: 31,500
    Roof rack: 463
    Destination: 810
    License: 194
    Doc: 154
    Tax: 2798+ 261 County
    Total OTD: 36,182 financed at 0.9.
  • odysseyformeodysseyforme Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I went to purchase some accessories for my Odyssey and I was walking with my salesman to the parts area. On a Tuesday mid-day there were two owners taking possession of their Odyssey's he informed me one was from San Diego and purchasing an Elite the other was from Mexico. I was surprised to hear two out of state/country deals were occurring.

I am sorry to say that I think the best deal would be dealing with out of state. As of Tuesday the dealership that I purchased my Elite from still had a few left

Good luck and by the way mine was 1k above invoice.
  • dhiren55dhiren55 Member Posts: 4
    All,
    I bought Honda Odyssey EX-L for OTD 35856..Includes everything...Also Got 0.9 APR..
    Bought it from Central NJ dealership...
    Is it good deal?

Thanks
    good for you!!!!
    lways look at the total price first, so you know you got a good deal. The monthly payment trick is how people get upside down because a slick dealer will extend your loan out to get oyu the payment, when what you want is the right total cost and the lowest apr.
    always look at the total price first, so you know you got a good deal. The monthly payment trick is how people get upside down because a slick dealer will extend your loan out to get oyu the payment, when what you want is the right total cost and the lowest apr.
  • skinsfanskinsfan Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Just had a great experience at Steve Padgett's Honda in Danville. I'm from Durham, NC, but found the best deal there. Not a lot of inventory left in NC for the 2011 Odyssey EX.

Price was over $1K less than others in the area. Paid below invoice.

Internet salesman was great to work with. Did make me put $500 down to find the color, but guaranteed that if they couldn't find it, would immediately refund it and they called the next day to say they had the car. No BS.
    Finance manager didn't try to push hard for extras...had everything ready in about an hour.
    Best experience that I have had buying a car.
  • aknirvanaknirvan Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations on your new Honda ...

Can you please tell me where did you buy new Honda EX-L?

Thanks
  • minivan2012minivan2012 Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations for your new car. I am planning to buy the same vehicle, so can you let me know how much it costed after taxes and what kind of warantee did they offer ?
  • crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind sharing the dealership name and city?

Thanks OdysseyForMe.
  • wwwewwwe Member Posts: 2
    I would recommend McKenney-Salinas Honda in Gastonia, NC. We purchased a 2011 EX-L (no NAV or RES) at the end of June for:

EX-L: $32,830 (INCLUDING $810 destination charge)
    Roof rails installed $216
    All season floor mats $146.25
    Cargo tray: $67.86
    Folding cargo mat: $71.37
    Accessories shipping $24
    Subtotal: $33,356.09
    NC Tax: $1000.68
    NC Tag: $70.50
    Doc fee $389
    Total: $34,816.27

Their pricing includes pinstripe, wheel locks, Scotch Guard protection and splash guards. Accessories listed were priced to match www.bernardiparts.com prices.

I used the Amex zag pricing program (http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html?referrer_id=RAMX7191931). You do not need to be an Amex cardholder to use the program.

I checked with 5 dealerships (from Rock Hill, SC, Hendrick Honda of Charlotte, Gastonia, Huntersville, to Hickory, NC). The other 4 dealerships pulled out when they saw McKenney's price. McKenney also found us the vehicle in the color we wanted (black) within two weeks. The saleswoman was excellent to work with -- very straightforward.

By the way, the Amex zag price was lower than the Costco Auto Program pricing. Hendrick Honda of Charlotte was only willing to give us $1,000 off MSRP for the Costco Auto Program.

McKenney had the lowest Amex zag price. Hendrick Honda lowered their Amex zag price to match McKenney's several weeks after we purchased, so you may want to check their current price.

Good luck!
  • samirvssamirvs Member Posts: 2
    I visited dealer to checkout 2006 Touring (Nav & RES). It had 64K miles. The list price itself was 9K above the Edmunds Dealer retail. The dealer reduced 3500 in few minutes of talking.. but then said he has hit his bottomline and cannot go further down. I had few questions:

1. Is the 9K above dealer retail for Odyssey normal? If yes, how high people go typically? In my experiences in past, typically dealer lists at close to dealer retail and usually deals between retail and private party.
    2. Any other things to watch out?

Thanks folks,

Samir
  • dhiren55dhiren55 Member Posts: 4
    Planet Honda NJ
  • mchan0123mchan0123 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a '11 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES, Color: Polished Metal/Gray from a NJ dealership on Sept 3rd. The car is on its way from Alabama to the dealer's lot by the end of this week. I've gotten interested from an e-price the salesman quoted me over email, and she said this is the last one they have for the end of the 2011 production models. After a couple of emails haggling over the e-price, I finally went down to the dealership the next day and within 10 mins we made the deal plus additional couple of hundreds dollars off from the last email quote. Also, got the 0.9% financing. Here is the breakdown of the cost:

Base: $33,580
    Destination: 810
    Tax (7%): $2,407
    Doc Fee: $399
    Reg/Title Fee: $299 (4 yrs required for new car in NJ)
    Tire/other Fee: $15
    Total OTD: $37,510

Not a great great price, but it's not bad either.
    edited September 2011
    I am also experiencing the same, none of them is moving below 33,781 + ttl for Ex-L, and the only dealer (stevens-creek honda) doesn't have any inventory.

I finally booked at SouthBay honda, at $34,000 + ttl around 5 days back, but till now no news on the availability of my color, so most likely I am going to miss 0.9% apr as well :cry:
  • meloveumeloveu Member Posts: 1
    Long time lurker, first time posting.

After months of waiting and with my wife pregnant with our second child due any day now, we decided to pull the trigger on the Touring Elite that was Celestial Blue Metallic with Grey Interior. Here is what we paid:

$39,405 Invoice
    $810 Destination
    $399 HDAG
    $40,614 Total Invoice
    $1200 Over Invoice
    $41,814 Total Price before taxes

I think we did pretty good considering it took us about a month to get them to agree to $1200 over invoice. And because it was labor day weekend, we got .9% financing. We could have paid cash but since the money in the bank is making more the .9% we decided to finance it.

I hope I love this van as much as the others owners on here do.
  • mchan0123mchan0123 Member Posts: 3
    If it is a certified pre-owned (CPO), it usually be priced $1K to 3K above the Edmunds dealer quote. I would also look for the history of the car with Carfax (required if CPO) to see if there's any accident and maintenance service was done adequately.

I have seen a CPO 2008 Odyssey EXL with NAV and RES, 29K mileage sitting in my dealer's lot asking $25.5K.

How much is your 2006 Touring?