Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jay_nutakkijay_nutakki Member Posts: 2
    My wife and I have just singed paper work for 2011 Honda Odyssey XLE -RES from Charlie's Honda, Augusta, Maine.
    33709.51 (invoice)
    100(my offer above invoice)
    + 34 Title
    +299 Documentation Fee
    +5% Tax
    +34 Reg Fee
    Total OTD 35842.69
    + All Season Floor Mats
    + Crossbasr with roof rails

I shopped around in Maine and other dealer offer for $200 above Invoice. Called, Charlie's Honda and they matched the price and also located the van (Silver) + 0.9 % Finance for 60 Months.

I was only disappointed to know that 2011 Odyssey comes without Roof Rails!!!
    Sales personnel and manage are very friendly and helpful. They even extended their working hours to complete my financing paper with Honda.
  • bababooey27bababooey27 Member Posts: 2
    THE MECHANIC Mechanical Repair Contract is a WASTE OF MONEY: CAUTION

My 2006 Civic was just diagnosed with the control arm issue. My wife purchased the car new with an The Mechanic after market warranty/service contract from Honda. The car has 85,000 miles on it. I was hearing what I thought was a failing rear bearing when driving at speeds over 35mph. I took it to Honda expecting them to replace the bearing as there is a recall on the issue.

Honda called and said it is the rear control arm: it would cost something like $400 plus the cost of new tires.

Anyway, the BS extended warranty "The Mechanic" Service Contract my wife bought would not cover the cost because they said the part is not "broken" and I can still drive the vehicle. So, naturally the dealer tried to spin it as a warranty problem and the warranty company spun it to Honda. The $1500 that my wife spent was a waste! Don't listen to the salesmen. The so-called "Platinum" warranty should cover the control arms if they are broken. The contract is for 84 months or 100,000 miles. The aftermarket contracts will do anything to get out of paying out a claim and then Honda will good cop/bad cop you with the service contract provider. I called up THE MECHANIC and they gave me the run-around telling me the control arm is not broken so they will not pay for it. SAVE your money for the repairs you will have to pay for that the "service contract" will not cover.
  • bababooey27bababooey27 Member Posts: 2
    THE MECHANIC Mechanical Repair Contract is a WASTE OF MONEY: CAUTION

My 2006 Civic was just diagnosed with the control arm issue as well. My wife purchased the car new with an The Mechanic after market warranty/service contract from Honda. The car has 85,000 miles on it. I was hearing what I thought was a failing rear bearing when driving at speeds over 35mph. I took it to Honda expecting them to replace the bearing as there is a recall on the issue.

Honda called and said it is the rear control arm: it would cost something like $400 plus the cost of new tires.

Anyway, the BS extended warranty "The Mechanic" Service Contract my wife bought would not cover the cost because they said the part is not "broken" and I can still drive the vehicle. So, naturally the dealer tried to spin it as a warranty problem and the warranty company spun it to Honda. The $1500 that my wife spent was a waste! Don't listen to the salesmen. The aftermarket contracts will do anything to get out of paying out a claim and then Honda will good cop/bad cop you with the service contract provider.
  • pnagpnag Member Posts: 5
    Nice deal. Did the dealer not charge you destination of $810.
    $100 over invoice and not charging destination makes it a great deal.
  • udbackerudbacker Member Posts: 3
    While Jay did get a very good price (congrats, Jay!), he did pay the $810 destination charge; the "dealer invoice" on the EX-L-RES vehicle alone is (about) $32,900, and if you add $810 to it, you get $33,710 (only 49 cents off from Jay's quoted invoice). Jay also really paid $399 over invoice - those sneaky dealers always try to slap on "documentation fee(s)" afterwards (in this case $299) unless you force them to stick to an "out the door" (OTD) offer that includes all fees when you discuss price the first (and all subsequent) times. When you force a dealer to stick to an OTD price, they usually re-write their own paperwork to sell the car for less and then add in the doc fee(s) to sum up to the agreed OTD price. Walk away if they don't!

What Jay somehow did manage to avoid (maybe this is a state of Maine thing?) is any "Regional Advertising Fee". I always hate this being hidden in the dealer invoice sheet that dealers produce, but who am i to dispute documented invoice paperwork? Honda/Acura dealers tend to be especially good at hiding this one, IMHO ... anyone else have thoughts on this or how to get it removed from an invoice price (other than just implicitly agreeing to pay it as part of your OTD price)?
  • jay_nutakkijay_nutakki Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Hello: Does any one know if Odyssey XLE come with factory installed Roof Rails (standard) . Sales guy told me 2011 models come with out roof rails. I have to pay extra to install at the dealer.
  • mchan0123mchan0123 Member Posts: 3
    No, your sales guy was correct, roof rail is not standard for the 2011 Odyssey.
  • babymakesfivebabymakesfive Member Posts: 1
    I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question that's been answered, but does anyone know when the 2012s will be available? We're trying to decide if it is worth waiting to buy . . .
  • kadoosbuzzkadoosbuzz Member Posts: 10
    Any idea how how the interest rate might go up for Honda financing on 2012? And is there any chance of getting any price lower than MSRP? We were hoping to sell our current van and buy around Christmas. The white/beige ex-l res or basic touring in a 2011 is no where to be found here in Alabama. :(

Praying for you guys in Texas! Wildfires are soooo scary!!
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    By the way, was looking at Honda website last night and saw they put up the 2012 model for Odyssey. Couldn't really figure out the difference between the 2011 and 2012 Honda Odyssey from the information provide, but maybe someone can spend a little more time digging the difference.

Here's the Honda website link:
    http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey/
  • yousafyousaf Member Posts: 4
    In Delaware it was 0.9% interest rate, but I'm not to sure. I bought a Touring Elite for about 42.5K and I am so happy with it after selling my BMW X5. Good luck with you Odyssey buying experience and I guarantee that you will be really love it.
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    **It's TIME to hit the car dealerships HARD, look out for blood from the salesmen***

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Consumers spent less on autos, clothing and furniture to leave retail sales unchanged in August.

The lack of growth suggests households became more cautious during wild stock market fluctuations and increased fears about the economy.

The Commerce Department also said Wednesday that retail sales were slightly weaker in July than first thought. They rose just 0.3 percent, down from the initial reading of 0.5 percent.

Auto sales fell 0.3 percent in August. Sales at clothing stores declined 0.7 percent. Gasoline sales rose.

Analysts said Hurricane Irene likely disrupted sales in late August along most of the East Coast.

Investors seemed to look past the report. Stocks rose in early morning trading, tracking European markets higher ahead of a meeting on Greece's debt troubles.

Consumer spending is important because it accounts for 70 percent of U.S. economic activity.

The overall economy expanded at an annual rate of just 0.7 percent in the first six months of this year, the slowest growth since the recession ended two years ago. Employers added no net jobs in August, and the unemployment rate stayed at 9.1 percent.

Paul Dales, a senior U.S. economist for Capital Economics, said he expects a small pickup in growth in the July-September quarter, despite the softening in retail sales.

"That said, with jobs growth flat the prospect of any further acceleration in the fourth quarter is slim," Dales said.

A separate report showed inflation at the wholesale level was not a problem in August. The Labor Department said its Producer Price Index, which measures price changes before they reach the consumer, was unchanged in August after a 0.2 percent rise in July. A drop in energy prices in August offset higher food costs.

The flat reading for retail sales was a surprise given private reports from retailers and auto dealers that suggested a brighter picture in August.

Major automakers reported healthy sales increases in August, largely because dealers introduced new models and offered cheaper financing. The nation's major retailers reported solid results from the all-important back-to-school shopping.

Unlike the industry figures which compare the current month to a year ago, the government's figures compare the current month to the previous month.

The government report showed sales at department stores fell 0.3 percent and a broader category of general merchandise stores, which includes big retailers such as Wal-Mart and Target, showed a slight 0.1 percent gain. The 0.7 percent fall in sales at specialty clothing stores followed a 0.3 percent decline in July.

High unemployment and a spike in gasoline prices earlier this year had forced many consumers to be more cautious.

Consumers are feeling less confident after a rocky summer. Lawmakers fought over raising the federal borrowing limit, Standard & Poor's downgraded long-term U.S. debt, and stocks have fluctuated wildly after plunging in late-July and early August.

The Federal Reserve said last month that it expects the economy will stay weak for the next two years. As a result, the Fed said it planned to keep interest rates very low until at least mid-2013, assuming the economy remained weak.

Fed officials will meet next week to consider other steps to support to the economy.
  • wasabeewasabee Member Posts: 31
    Is that 42.5K OTD price before tax, tag, registration fee? Could you provide a price break down of your Touring Elite purchase? Looking for the Touring Elite also. Thank you.
  • dggodggo Member Posts: 6
    Hi, Can anybody share recent purchase details for EXL - REX 2011 in So Cal, San Fernando or Thousand Oaks/Ventura/Oxnard area.

TIA
  • vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    I just got a quote that included pricing for trim packages ($500), wheel locks($200), and permaplate (300$). Also is 500$ processing fee normal?

I know what wheel locks are and i think 200$ is ridiculous... but what are those other 2 things?
  • ibeplatoibeplato Member Posts: 13
    trim, wheel locks, and permaplate are rip-offs; dealer installed items that would cost you a fraction of that cost if you bought everything on your own.

Processing fees are pretty normal and vary by state.
  • vaterpvaterp Member Posts: 29
    Thanks - I suspected as much.

Do you know is right around invoice pricing ridiculous to ask for? I'm not getting any quotes in that range... So far for an EXL the best OTD pricing i got was about 36000 (Of course it included a grand for the above 3 rip offs).. but even if i talk them out of that 35000 seems high to me compared to lots of posts here....

I was expecting much closer to invoice with 2012s about to come out and being near the end of a qrtr....

Thanks for the advice.
  • samirvssamirvs Member Posts: 2
    2006 Touring sold for 22K had about 64K miles. I think it was way higher than edmunds price. However, price at which the car sells is the price.
  • carchic1carchic1 Member Posts: 22
    Can someone give me price breakdowns of deals they got in the NY metropolitan area for either the Odyssey EX-L w/ Navi or the Touring? It's my first time buying (I'm a leasor usually), so am not familiar with the various components of the add-on fees when you buy. Many thanks.
    I request help from folks with recent pricing experience on above models in TX/Dallas region.

Even if you didn't buy, can you please inform the best base price from dealer shop including destination that you came across.

thanks in advance,
  • skinhealerskinhealer Member Posts: 33
    $37, 665 with destination charges... is that a good price this is for a 2012 not a 2011..
    Is that withTTL plus dealer ads? or it is before TTL?
    $37,655.35 Sale Price (including the $810 Destination Charge)
    +$2,353.46 6.25% Sales Tax
    +$239.00 Documentation Fee
    +$125.00 Registration Fee
    $40,372.81 Total "Out-The-Door" Price.

Is this a good price for a 2012 touring?
  • jdobbins1jdobbins1 Member Posts: 1
    Honda of Wesley Chapel is under new management and is now http://www.wesleychapelhonda.com

I heard a lot of bad experiences from the prior like what you said but figured I would give them a second chance and I have to say I am impressed
  • narayananarayana Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    We bought 2012 EX-L with NAV for 35800(include destination fee) + tax/fee. Paid 1400 more for adding DVD PLAYER.
    Not sure it is reasonable price or not.
  • forthforth Member Posts: 1
    Bought yesterday for 34,210 + 133 documentation fee + TTL (opted to pay taxes myself at the DMV to keep the doc fee at 133 instead of around $250).

Was this a steal deal, or an okay deal?

Some notes: After contacting several dealers in south Louisiana with a wide range of prices, the lowest quote was 34,310 in New Orleans. The local dealer agreed to match it, but put a $133 documentation fee in the process which I haggled about. He then adjusted the price down by $100 to accommodate me, but kept the fee as-is (apparently they have to charge every customer the same doc fee so they cannot reduce it, but may reduce the price by some to accommodate it).
  • kai7kai7 Member Posts: 5
    Where is this? I think the price is pretty good. I am trying to find one in Bay area.
    Southbay honda, milpitas.
  • kai7kai7 Member Posts: 5
    Nice! I am going.... 2012 right? any good fin term?
    They offered 2.1 with dvd player or with warranty/dvd player
    otherwise 5 .
  • ricomamboricomambo Member Posts: 4
    I received an offer for $33,150 out the door for a 2011 Honda Odyssey EX here in Southern California, the Internet salesman said it's already $2,000 off the MSRP. Is this a good deal? Thank you!
  • 10acjed10acjed Member Posts: 6
    Could you tell me a little bit more about how the DVD player is added to the EX-L with NAV? I'd love to get both the NAV and the RES, but am not able to go up to the Touring model. Is the DVD player the same as the factory RES?

Thanks!
  • ricomamboricomambo Member Posts: 4
    After further negotiation with the dealer, we got it out-the-door for $32,999 for a 2011 EX model, price breakdown was:

Vehicle Price $29,983.85
    Sales Tax 2,628.40
    Lic, Reg & Oth 386.75

The minivan came with dealer-installed propack (wheel lock, splash guard and cargo mat) plus lifetime warranty on the powertrain...

We also go the color we want and best of all, wifey is happy with her new ride.
  • hoster5hoster5 Member Posts: 1
    This seems like a FANTASTIC price! We are in the market for a 2012 Touring as well. Can you tell me what area you are located in? Was the dealership running a special or is that just a deal that they worked with you specifically?
  • zachtaylorzachtaylor Member Posts: 3
    The prices i have from the dealer are as follows:

2011 Odyssey EX-L w/NAV = $34,000
    2012 Odyssey EX-L w/Nav = $35,300

Which one is a better choice?
    Just bought a 2011 Odyssey EX-L, gray interiors and gray exteriors that we wanted.

Out-the-door price of $35,500 that includes base price, destination, TTL and dealer adds (splash guards, wheel locks, tint and cargo mat)
    It Rosen entertainment system. It is not Honda factory RES.

You will get for less if do it outside but not sure about how it affects the warranty.
    Where did u get this deal?
  • ppanandppanand Member Posts: 1
    In August 2011: I purchased a 2011 Odyssey EX-L W/ RES for $36,950 (Drive Out - Inclusive of all the taxes and Fee) I got the color what I wanted...

Ext. Color: Smoky Topaz
    Int. Color: Truffle Leather
    Mileage: 3

:D
  • ubpvubpv Member Posts: 2
    Looks like a great deal. Can you share the dealer details? Thanks.
  • ubpvubpv Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for 2012 Touring. Can someone share any price details you have come across with dealers around Chicagoland? Thanks in advance.
  • zachtaylorzachtaylor Member Posts: 3
    Atlanta
  • carchic1carchic1 Member Posts: 22
    I recently posted an inquiry as to what people have been paying in the NY metro area for the above 2 models -- both 2011 and 2012, and did not get any responses. I'm laid up on bedrest 8 mos. pregnant with baby #2, so if some of you guys or gals out there could help me out by posting info, I would really appreciate it. I'm not able to blitz this purchase with my normal amount of research given my condition. Many thanks for your input.
    i am getting the touring for 37, 655.35 including destination. this excludes taxes and fees. 2012 touring

for the 11: 37, 525.05
    weymouth honda in MA. speak to katrina she is the internet price person.
  • njhonda24njhonda24 Member Posts: 3
    Where did you buy? Here's quote I just rec'd for a 2011 EX-L (No Nav, No RES)
    $32,764 Sale Price
    $249 Doc fee
    $2293.48 State tax 7%
    $399 DMV Fee
    $6.70 State Smog Fee
    $7.50 State Tire fee
    $35,719.68 Out The Door
    The best quote I've rec'd here in central NJ is $500 over invoice, but Doc fee @ $249 and DMV fee of $399! Plus NJ taxes of 7% and "smog fee" and "tire fee" ... Bottomline: $35,719.68 Out The Door.

Please let me know if you are seeing something sharper!
    this was in MA havent decided to buy it yet.

i have a trade in and they are offering me crap.
    and my wife is having second thoughts.
  • carshakecarshake Member Posts: 1
    2011 - I am offered 30,888 including destination handling and excluding taxes and fees for EX-L for Silver color model by dealership in south NJ. for 2012 - Least bargain I could take was 32,500 with enough color choice. Should I buy 2011/2012? Can I bring down 2012 further? :confuse:
    Make sure you find out what the fees are and how much. I was shocked to find out how much this varies between dealerships here in central NJ. I've been quoted a Document fee as high as $399 and as low as $249. DMV fee of $399. Which dealership in south NJ provided you with your quote?