Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Sebring Owners - Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• kingskid1kingskid1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a '02 Sebring in the Spring and it is running fine. 74K miles. However, recently I noticed that it seemed to lose power sometime while driving. I thought it was time to get a tune up anyway with winter approaching. But what is ludicris is, I was charged just under $150, and all they did was change the plugs. Are the plugs that difficult to get to? Or was I just ripped off?
  • joevgjoevg Member Posts: 2
    72.00 for my 2003 sedan at strauss automotive in n.j.
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    But what is ludicris is, I was charged just under $150, and all they did was change the plugs

Wow - that kind of money would probably be more than enough to buy a service manual on CD and the tools to change them yourself. A free Google how-to is probably out there, too.

I have an 07 Sebring V6 and I've heard the back 3 plugs are difficult to change. However, when it is time to change them I will not pay someone more than 1/2 the cost of new plugs for the labor. I'll gladly take everything apart in the garage some weekend and do it myself if I have to. Might even be fun. ;)
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    An advertising agency would like to speak with satisfied Chrysler Sebring drivers. If you own or regularly drive one of these vehicles, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, October 31st.
  • jschulmanjschulman Member Posts: 1
    What is a realistic value for a Chrysler Sebring 2006 convertible with leather upholstry. It has about 28,000 miles on it and is being sold as part of an estate. It is in good to excellent condition, but hasnt been driven in 1 year since the owner died. Does anyone know what kind of factory warrantees typically come with this kind of car?
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    I believe the basic warranty for 2006 Chrysler vehicles was 3 years or 36k miles whichever occurred first. Good luck.
  • fratmanfratman Member Posts: 2
    My name is Jack.I just purchased (03/2010) an 08 black over black Sebring
    Touring convertible. I just turned 67 & feel like I'm in my 20's again w/the top
    down & the classic rock station turned up! One problem-the dealer didn't have
    the owners manual in the car & I would really like to get one ASAP-any suggestions? I live in the Dallas area so if there any Sebring owners clubs I would
    be interested in finding out. Look forward to hearing from you, thanks.
  • richard7985richard7985 Member Posts: 5
    There are several of them on eBay right now. Just go to ebay.com and put 2008 Sebring manual in the search box and they're come right up.

Richard Welch
  • fratmanfratman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your suggestion-I'll give it a try.
  • rbeasleyrbeasley Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a new 2010 Sebring Touring. I had a 07. The 2010 is improved. It is a lot quiter. My wife loves this vehicle, so I hardly get to drive it. She says it is a womens car. Ok I agree, but I like driving it too. Test drove other cars but came back to the Sebring. Best of all The 2010 Chrysler Sebring and 2010 Dodge Avenger was named by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) as the 2009 Top Safety Picks.
  • jessie324jessie324 Member Posts: 1
    Hi!
    I have a chrysler sebring convertable 1997 V6 engine. It likes to decide when it will and will not start. For the past... about 2 years it will start and then sometimes it won't. Usually i can wait a few hours and it'll start again, sometimes it's a mater of minutes and sometimes it takes days. I've changed the distributer cap, the battery (twice, once on the warranty),alternator, starter, fuel pump, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, crank sensor.... I think that's it! lol
    Sometimes the thing that says how many miles you've gone goes out.
    When I try to start it it sounds like it's trying to turn over, all the normal dash lights come on and so does the radio. Sometimes i noticed it helps to turn the radio down then off.
    Any ideas? anyone with the same problem? Everyone i've talked to has no idea!
  • budhirajabudhiraja Member Posts: 1
    Dear Claire

I have 2007 sebring and today morning gear would not shift. Checked tranmission fluid, it is okay and tried by pressing the lever through cupliner and still gear would not shift.

Any suggestions as the car is blocking other car too.

Regards
    Rajesh
  • joegloverjoeglover Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem as jessie324 almost exactly except the instrument panel finally went out all together and now its gotten to the point where my car wont even start up.
This discussion has been closed.