Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Liberty: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• jeepspazjeepspaz Member Posts: 21
    Another 03 lib owner that I know has the same problem too. They went to the dealer and they told her it was normal. I know crazy, I had mine looked at and they did "major sanding" to correct the problem, that seemed to do the trick for about 6 weeks. I have noticed that now the weather is getting cooler here, it is not doing it as often as it was when it was hot. Maybe just a fluke with the "major sanding". I know there are others out there with the same problem, anyone have a solution? There use to be post from a dealer on this site, I will look for the nick, maybe they can offer a suggestion.

jeepspaz!!!
  • crawlincrawlin Member Posts: 2
    Yep, that's what they're trying to tell me also. . .I'm not buying it though! I've got a few friends checking it out also hopefully they can shed some light on the subject.

till then. . .
    thanks.....
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I see his last posting was on August 27.

tidester, host
  • rreidtrreidt Member Posts: 16
    In regard to post# 2 I too have noticed vibrations in my steering wheel at idle.I just bought a new '03 liberty limited 5 days a go.I wonder should I contact my dealer and let them know or if this is just part of the breaking in process due to being brand new
  • frank58frank58 Member Posts: 54
    I have it too. Seems like a rough idle. Mar truck only has 205 miles now, but has had since the day I picked up.

Frank
  • budgilbbudgilb Member Posts: 2
    My jeep was making a grinding noise at slow sharp turns. The dearler replaced the carrier
     Two days later it started a thumping noise. Now the dealer is replacing the
     rear axle.This is an update from my previous message. The problem still exist. The dealership has had my Jeep for 4 weeks now and they are calling engineers to help them solve this problem because they have no clue whats wrong. My jeep only has 34,000 mile on it.
  • 60146014 Member Posts: 1
    My troubles started from day one. A terrible vibration in the drive line sent it back to the dealer for a new carrier assy. & drive shaft. That eliminated 80% of the noise and vibration. And there still exists a vibration in the drive line between 50-65. There is a "clunk" in the front suspension or front universal or hub, I've brought it back to the dealer and they can't find it. I have 15,000 on it and have had to replace the rotors and pads they warped terribly and I do not drive hard at all. When I make left hand turns there is a krinkling sound like a loose bearing in the rear. I will warn anyone thinking about buying one of these poorly engineered vehicles..."DON'T"
  • wgorillawgorilla Member Posts: 20
    I've owned my 2WD Liberty Sport for five weeks now and have had it in the shop twice: once for the right rear door rattling a tad when being shut, the other time for the passenger airbag light coming on.

They fixed the door rattling with who knows how much padding. There is a definite heavier "thunk" sound over the other doors when it is shut now, but nevertheless, no rattle. I guess I'm satisfied but still perplexed as to how they can't just look at the inside of the other door and just do "monkey see, monkey do"? (laughs)

Of course, the airbag light wouldn't come on the two days they had it the other time it was in the shop (they couldn't get to it the first day, and in all fairness, warned me that they probably wouldn't when I dropped it off). Anyway, they told me to drive it back in if it comes on, and they'll look at it immediately. Its been a week now and no airbag light, except for the normal test when I start the ignition. Sure, I'm satisfied that its not coming on...just perplexed as to what was causing it to come on those couple of days.

I'm very satisfied with my new Jeep Liberty so far, but I thought I'd post in case anybody else has had similar problems. Neither problem has been a big show stopper. I still had my old Honda Civic to drive around while the Jeep was in the shop, so no real inconvenience there. However, I admit that I've been feeling really PARANOID about things going wrong, especially considering I owned 2 Hondas for the past 15 years. My last one never went in the shop for anything other than your normal maintenance/normal wear & tear-type things. Unfortunately, I had to sell it the other night as I don't want to insure and maintain two vehicles. :-( Hopefully, there won't be any more trips to the dealership! grrrrr

Scott
  • rh1011rh1011 Member Posts: 3
    I've read the posts here about the noises coming from the rear differential and I suspect I may have a similar problem, but so far the dealer only wants to drain and refill the differential fluid. I have an '02 Sport 2WD with almost 29,000 miles on it. I started hearing a groaning type sound from the rear about 4-500 miles ago. It seems to only happen when the vehicle's cold (backing out of driveway in the morning, turning out of parking space when it's been sitting for awhile and has cooled off). It's very noticeable when making sharp turns in either direction. The best description I can give is it sounds like a groaning from the rear end that "seems" to come from the passenger side. When it was in for an oil change I had them check this noise out and the dealer says it means the differential fluid needs to be changed... it's recommended every 12K miles; about $120 a pop.
    I've never had to have the differential fluid replaced on any vehicle before and was surprised to hear them say it's recommended so frequently. Is this a typical Jeep/SUV thing? Are they jerking my chain? Do I pay to have the fluid replaced and see if it fixes the problem? Those of you who've had the carrier bearing and other rear end parts replaced... did they first insist on draining and replacing the differential fluid before they'd troubleshoot further?
    Thanks for any advice...
  • arthoundjeeparthoundjeep Member Posts: 4
    I had the same problem that may of you are discussing about a shudder and a rough downshift with my first '03 liberty sport. After 4 months of games taking it into the dealership they agreed that there was a major problem with the transmission and that DC had just discovered the problem and was working on the fix for the problem. The dealership put the lemon law into effect and I chose a new '03 off the lot. The new '03 freedom edition was a dream until a week ago when it started the same shudder when coming to a stop. I called the next day and talked with the mechanic. ( He knew as soon as he heard my voice that the same problem was back in the new jeep.) The up side is that they now have the computer program available from DC. Here is the info from my invoice from the service....
    Flash TCM for 4-3 harsh downshift.
    4669020 label-authorized software.

I hope this helps some of you who have felt the shudder when coming to a stop and when accelerating between 45-50mph. I suggest talking to your dealership about the transmission not just the rear end differential. The transmissions were changed in the new '04 for a good reason. The '03 upsidedown tranmission was not a smart concept.
  • bluelibertyazbluelibertyaz Member Posts: 2
    I've had my Jeep Liberty for 4 months and I love it. Just one bad problem. It leaks water from the floor of the drivers and passengers seats. I know some others have posted on this same problem and I think I've discovered what the deal is with mine.. though not the exact location of the leak, yet. I took the car to the car wash 1 week after buying and noticed that the floor was wet along the door edge on both sides.. soaking wet. So I thought it might by that the windows were cracked or something. Then each car wash and rain after that, no problem.

Last week it rained so hard I ended up driving down a flooded street.. water splashing all under the vehicle.. next day, car was all damp and musty. ! That first car wash.. I did the Super-duper wash.. including undercarriage. Dang!

So off to the dealer I will go this week. I am so dreading this. Ugh!!! At least I think I can tell them how to search for the leak... start from beneath.

Anyone else dealing with this problem? Thanks!
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    This may be no help to anyone....but....

I used to own a '97 Jeep Wrangler and experienced the same problems you all are regarding water on the passenger floor board. The problem in my Wrangler was a poor design of the base of the passenger windshield. It wasn't the actual windshield, but the vent below it that deflected water inside the passenger compartment and onto the passenger floor board.

I liked that Jeep, but because of all the problems, my wife would kill me if I ever thought about purchasing another Chrysler product. It seems like quality control has not improved!!!
  • carlos30carlos30 Member Posts: 1
    I test drove a liberty renegade today with only 10 miles on it. It performed very well at speeds of 75 and above. The ride was fairly quiet and confortable. After reading some of the problems that some liberty's owner are having with it, I am having second thoughts about buying one.
    What do you think, should I look at another SUV or take my chances with the Liberty? What other SUV of comparable price range would you suggest?
  • elmoblatch1elmoblatch1 Member Posts: 134
    I own a 2003 Jeep Liberty & so far, no problems with it, other than getting only 18mpg around town. However, that is what the sticker said, so just understand that it pigs on gas. Before buying the Liberty, I looked at the Mazda Tribute. The gas mileage was better & the cost was comparable. In fact, Mazda had $2,500 rebates on the 2003 models in August.

From what I read & heard, the Mazda is made for over the road use, where the 4WD would be used in the snow. The Jeep Liberty would be capable of off-road 4WD-ing. I did not test drive the Mazda, mainly because the local dealership would not give me a reasonable trade allowance.

The Mazda has a better warranty ( 4yr 50k Miles ) vs. the Jeep's 3yr 36k miles.

They are priced roughly the same, excluding the rebates.

Also, consumer reports has a favorable rating for the Mazda....you could probably go down to the local library & access the annual car buyers guide & the actual monthly magazine where both trucks were evaluated.

If you have not already done so, make sure you know what the invoice price is, incentives, etc before you go into the dealership. Also, try to time your shopping & purchase near the end of the month, when the dealers are trying to meet quota's & are more willing to make a deal.

If you buy the Jeep, ask about the program they had for 14 free oil change coupons.

Good luck-
  • robertayrobertay Member Posts: 1
    I heard a clunking noise that sounded like it came from the rear end when I backed up--did not happen all the time but enough so I took it in--they replaced the struts and tires (20,000miles)and now it makes a grinding,rubbing noise on the left side when I turn left --it still makes the clunking noise in rear--now , they tell me they are replaceing the rear end assembly---is this a problem with the 03 Liberty and what do you do to keep it from happening with the new parts which are problem the same as the ones they are replacing--
  • tbunder1tbunder1 Member Posts: 257
    they say the first year of a new vehicle is the worst. reading all you guys' problems just makes me appreciate my '02 sport 4x4 even more. I truly think the '02's are the best liberty's to date (the pre-lowered ones that is). they sit nearly an inch higher than current libs, they have the much better and stronger transmission in them, they weren't decontented like the '03's were and '04's will be, and last but not least, they don't have any warping disc brakes in the rear. long live the original liberty sport 4x4. they will be hunted down by knowledgeable buyers in the future just for those advantages.
  • motion26motion26 Member Posts: 8
    I've got a 03' Liberty and whenever I backed out of the garage in the morning, the rear breaks made a loud noise for the first few hundred feet. It sounded like the breaks were sticking or something. I brought it to the dealer and they said it was a common problem with all jeeps and that Jeep just came out with quiet break pads to fix the problem. I was able to get a pair for my Liberty and the noise is now gone. The mechanic said they were hard to get, they are on back order now. Hope this helps
    Were you having the same problem as described in my post #767. Please advise.

Jeepspaz!
    Sounds like the same problem. I would only hear the noise when I first drove the car. When I would bring it to the dealer it would no longer make the noise. The car had to basically sit overnight before I would hear anything again. The first time I contacted the dealer they had no idea what it was, the second time they told me Jeep posted a technical bullentin on this problem which would be fixed by a quiet brake pad which was just developed. My only other probelm is a weird groaning, sounds like it is coming from the engine every once in a while, it is more apparent when the A/C is on. It seems to be common to all Jeeps as I sat in another new Liberty at the dealer and heard the same sound but not as loud as mine. Anyone hear these groanings from the engine. Thanks
    Sorry for being such a pain. But, do you know of a part number for these quiet brake pads? Just in case my dealer tries to play dumb! Or is "Quiet Brake Pad" the actual name for them?

Thanks, I hope this is the solution, its not a good feeling when you back out first thing in the morning and having people look at your new jeep as if there is something wrong with it when it makes that loud wooooooo noise.

thanks once again motion26

JeepSpaz!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Heh, good digging, that one has been archived for a while now - here's a link for those interested:

jjjn "changing jeep liberty oil" Oct 14, 2002 5:58pm

Steve, Host
    I have the actual printout from the dealer in the car, I'll check it out tomorrow. Hey, any chance u have that same groaning noise from the engine every once in a while. I'm just trying to get some feedback on it.
    Sorry, can't say I have heard any groaning noise, I will turn the stero down and listen for a couple of days. I will also check with another Lib owner that I know.

Jeepspaz!
  • tbunder1tbunder1 Member Posts: 257
    yes, i have heard it. i only hear it when the a/c compressor is running. the liberty makes funny sounds mechanically, you just have to get used to them. tranny clicks when you put it in gear, etc. remember that your compressor runs in all settings except floor and vent.
    I hear the groaning sound even when the ac is off, guess I have to get used to it. The dealer said they have no idea what it is and that they will let Jeep know. Yeah the clicks of the fuel injectors are real loud. Jeepspaz I didn't forget about u, I've just been real busy with grad school. I'll try to get that info for u later tonight.
  • djasonwdjasonw Member Posts: 624
    I've had my Liberty for a little over two years now and it has been a very solid vehicle. A problem which I have had from the start is a vibration/resonance/flutter when I approach 75MPH. It goes away above that. I can actually tell when I am approaching that speed without even looking at the speedometer. I have NEVER mentioned this to the dealer because I thought it was just a harmonic imbalance at that speed that I could live with. I am thinking there is something amiss in the drivetrain. I don't want the dealer to start changing parts just for the fun of it. I really LOVE this vehicle but unfortunately I will be parting with it very soon. I have 25,000 miles and have been reading too many horror stories lately. I just can't take a chance and have an unreliable vehicle. Oh.. it is true what a previous poster mentioned. The first generation of Liberty's were the best. I have the R45 tranny and it is prelowered.
    Okay... so I will have a FWD Liberty to test the theory. If the vibes go away, then what is the fix? Does that mean that it is the rear diff causing the problem? Unfortunately I am the type of person that has ZERO patience when it comes to car problems. My new car is arriving in three weeks. A car that is SO different from the Liberty it is funny!!!! I am getting an '04 Prius (fully loaded). It will be comforting to get close to 50MPG as opposed to 14 MPG in the city. I'll stick some blizzaks on it in the winter and should be able to hold my own. I'll miss the Libby.
  • spemrickspemrick Member Posts: 1
    I've had my liberty for one year. Last week we had a day long downpour (they don't come too often in Texas). When I got in my car, I had puddles in the front drivers and passenger side and the back driver side. Anyone else had this problem?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We had a similar report last month:

bluelibertyaz Sep 28, 2003 6:51pm

Anyone got any ideas?

Steve, Host
  • kyjeepsterkyjeepster Member Posts: 11
    I was looking at this thread when I noticed the Libby leaks and I have had leaks on all of my Jeeps ranging from XJ to ZJ and each one has been different. One leaked through the floorboard and would fill the space under the backseat with water. This would occur when I would drive through standing water and the water would come in through the floorboard drain plugs (on an XJ - yes they do exist.) Another leaked around the door seals while the other leaked around the window seals. And the TJ just has a tendacy to fill with water just because it can. An in some on time incidents, I had glovebox full of water on the XJ as well as leaky heater core that filled the passenger side floor board with coolant, but both of those only happened once, never took the vehicle to the shop and they never happened again.

As far as being musty inside the vehicle, I have had to work hard to keep the smell out, but I have just come to the conclusion that Jeeps leak. I was hoping the newer vehicles (those made after 2000) had fewer problems with this, but it look like some things never change. My friend swears my TJ/Wrangler is made out of left over Gremlin parts because it has similar noises and disposition on the road.
  • christopher_clchristopher_cl Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a Jeep Liberty 2003 sport model. I have had the vehicle for around 2 months.. I noticed that while the car is in IDLE state it shakes like a heartbeat every 3 to 5 seconds. I have sent my car to the dealer to have repaired and so far 2 attempts had failed. They concluded that they are unable to isolate the prob. Also the service dept. advised the following "Sir, you do realize you bought the base model" -- WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN -- That they sold me a car with a crapy engine... well I have contacted the manufacturer and requested an exchange..They contacted the dealership and arranged a third attempt to fix the car which is today.... this will be their final chance to fix it... otherwise I will proceed according to the LEMON LAW procedures.
    Have any of you ever experienced this problem in your vehicle...
    it will help me to isolate the prob.
    also I found out that a month before I even bought the Jeep the dealer had already replaced a PCM Card module... I got that information from the manufacturer... I am very dissapointed with the customer service I have received so far...

thanks
  • fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    Isn't Jeep engineering top notch?
    Will end up keeping my Jeep (it's worth very little like most Jeeps after a few years), but will have the Prius as my commuter car. I'll take the K & N rep's advice and keep my windows closed when driving my golf cart. Looking forward to the day this board reaches 1000 posts. Typical Jeep style.
  • christopher_clchristopher_cl Member Posts: 2
    The Model : Sport
    Specs: 3.7 engine / 6v

It does not matter is the a/c is on or not... Of course most of the time a person is on a car is not in Idle but driving I understand that, But the reason I am complaining about the shaking it is because after a while a person is driving a car with that problem you get tired of it. Specially if it is a brand new vehicle with 3000 miles.
    If the a/c is on or not the car still shakes sort of like the car would have a emotional breakdown (LOL) but still you feel something is not right.....
    Why is it that the injector on a brand new car had a prob (first diag. provided by the dealership when the tried to fixed it the first time). Also the technician who worked on the car advised that he feels the problem and it is very unusual characteristic. Still they are unable to isolate what the prob is.
    I have driven other Jeep liberty's (same model) none of them present the same problem.
    Also something that makes me wonder that the vehicle the dealer sold me is functioning at his best, it is due to the fact the a month before I even bought the car they had replaced a part in it...
    this las friday I took the jeep to the dealer for a final check and still they could not fix it...
    they advised I should contact the manufacturer on move on with the process....
    I would still very interested if someone could provide me with any advise on this and if someone is exp the same prob I am....

thanks for the info... (renegaded).
  • 2003renegade2003renegade Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2003 Renegade 3.7 V6 4x4 Automatic. I have had it in the shop numerous times to get parts on it replaced. I have had the Crankshaft bearings and seals and gaskets replaced. I have had my fog lights replaced, due to basically they blew the bulbs and melted the actual housing. I just took it out of the shop for getting some seals in my door replaced, and my turn signal replaced. There more things I have had replaced the truth is just cant remember them all, its been so many. This is my first real car, and until now I thought the vibration thing was just something cars did, but now I know that its not suppose to be there. I have had trouble before, were some times when I have to get on it a little not much but a little it wants to red line and not shift, makes me so mad. But I also took my jeep off road a couple of months ago and the Renegade aint even really great off-road in the mud. If I ever get rid of it because so much stuff keeps on happening, I will not get another jeep, at all. It gets me so mad, because sometimes they just cant find the problem, and its so bad, I know the whole service department by name.
    I was changing my oil and found a oil leak and i put it in the shop and this was at about 6K Miles and when it came back out they had replaced the crankshaft seals and bearing and what ever else is involved in that. And as to the TSB not sure what exactly that is! I am not sure what i have selectrack of command trak. But i have taken mine off road and got so stuck in the mud, i had to call a tow truck who sunk and i had to get a tundra to come get me, libertys are good to look at but thats about it.
    renegade, is there somewhere on line where we can view these TSB's? And to Motion26 (post 808) Where is that part number?
  • ysilvaysilva Member Posts: 2
    I bought my jeep Aug 2001. I just pass my 36,000 warranty-just over 1000. It turns out the transmission needs to be replaced. The district manager is willing to give 50/50 of the total cost. My share of $1800. I have open a complaint with chrysler that I should not be responsible for any costs as this is a new car and its just over the warranty miles.

Is there anyone who has similar problems. Any suggestions in what else to do in pursuing this issue. I love my jeep but this is unbelievably for the transmission to crash on a brand new car.

Any advice? thanks
    I went to the website listed in msg # 833 and i found out that one of the TSB probably referes to me jeep, its about a Scored 3.7L Crankshaft, i called my dealership and i have a meetin with them on Monday, accordin to them thye belive my car is one of the ones, it says solution to the problem either replace Engine or whole new car. Either one works. It causes premature wear of the bearings and seals and all, and i had all that stuff replaced in january or february, so my service rep belives mine is one. I have spent over 3K$ in accessories to my car and i have had about 8 parts replaced on it b/c they have broken, i am temptin to take the new vechile b/c maybe the new one wont have as much trobule as mine does now, but then i would lose all the stuff i ahve put on, or would jeep reimburse me for it. I am also tempetin to take the new car, b/c at the rate i am goin with this one, when i hit 70,001 miles i can see the engine blowin and i be screwed. Or something else breakin major. But the TSB was put up on 4/24/2003 and it may pertain to me. I just am sick and tired of stuff goin wrong this much on a new car, i have spent a fortune on it and if i get a new one i lose it all, but if i keep the one i have now, i will have to have my normal monthly trip to the dealership to get parts replaced. So would jeep pay for it, b/c i have bought all mopar parts but my lift kit and tires which alone together is 1800$ and i bought dual exhaust for 500$ and a brush guard for 500$ So let me know ur input i am between a rock and a hard place!!!!

Message # 834 what type of problems were u havin with ur transmission, like i have had it where if i needed to get up and go for some reason, some times if i give it gas, it red lines. What was happenin!
  • kyjeepsterkyjeepster Member Posts: 11
    Hmmmmm....... Let's see. You are questioning whether the KYJeepster is a Jeep owner or not? I have been driving these vehicles since I got my 1991 XJ and it had 125,000 on the clock before I decided to trade it for a used 1992 XJ which I still have.

I stll have my 1998 TJ SE as well as a 1998 ZJ Laredo SE.

All have had their fair share of problems. The 1991 and 1992 XJ's leak. The 1991 came from the rear floorboard the 1992 from the windshield and windows. The TJ leaks around the heater core and the ZJ leaks around the door seals.

I love my Jeeps. Don't dis me because I speak of my problems because despite my loyalty to Mopar, I have to say Jeeps are a very high maintenance vehicle.

NEXT!

http://www.alltel.net/~kyjeepster
    Sorry for being so non-mechanical. But what would be some of the symptoms for this TSB?

Renegaded, thanks for the TSB link, especially you last post about the brakes sound. Finally something concrete to take to my dealer and get this resolved once and for all, before they sand my brake pads/drums away!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Surely, we can find more refined ways of expressing ourselves.

tidester, host
  • div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    While you're at it, a dictionary and a grammar handbook wouldn't hurt either...;)
    Todays the day where i have the meeting with my service rep at the dealer. Yea, what took my jeep in the shop to get the bearins and seals replaced the first time was an oil leak. They replaced the bearings and seals, once, but the soultion to the TSB calls for more then just replacin the parts that have worn out, you have to replace the whole engine or if the customer wants a new car do that. Also it said that if theres a car on the lot that has a scored crankshaft, pull it off replace the engine and auction of the jeep, so there not even allowed to sell it like that, or fixed. So i have a meetin with them today after my classes, and renegaded pretty much convinced me that, the bearings and all would be worren and cause and oil leak of some sort.

I have a question for anybody, why would this be such a big issue for them to replace whole engine or to replace the whole car, would it be that there worried about oil leakin out and since not as much is goin to engine it could have caused damage to it?? I dont know that much about cars, i just know how to change oil and keep it runnin. So i dont know, i dont even know what the heck a crankshaft is, just that mine aint exactly right
  • ysilvaysilva Member Posts: 2
    It was working fine - no problems. last week on my way to work the car was not going pass 30 miles. It sounded so exhausting. So I towed to the dealer - based on their diagnose its showing up as a transmission problem- they have not drop it- they are saying its an internal problem- maybe the case itself. but it would be more costly for me to have them troubleshoot it to see where/what the problem is or to rebuild- so they say its cheaper for me to have it replace.
    Also the district manager is not willing to bring the 50/50 down- spoke to the owner of the dealer and he is saying there is nothing he can do about it.
    Waiting for the district manager to call me- Also, is the service rep the same as the district manager?
    Well i went to my dealer today and i talked to my service rep, and at first he didnt belive me that i was tellin him that the only solution is to either replace the whole engine or the whole car, i said that choice is mine not ya'lls and hes like no a TSB is a TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLENTIN that is when some one has a problem and we see two or three of the same things happenin we issue them to let us know, i said i know that i said 173 jeeps are effected with this and the only solution is to do this or that. so then he started to take me a little more serious. So i ahve a meetin with him and the manager tomorrow at 10:30 He said when i had a oil leak and they replaced the bearings and seals that it should have fixed it and i will not have another issue, i told him i dont wanna be at 70,001 mile and my freakin engine conk out i said so if it matches up then it will be fixed. So i will let ya'll know how it goes, do all dealerships think everyone is a complete fool, b/c this dealership is not the best in the world but i learned this a little to late, and a dealer where i have no ties to is more helpful then this one.
    No, they have not confirmed my VIN i will be doin that tomorrow my service rep told me to come in and meet with him and the manager, accordin to my service rep he belives that it is one of the ones the TSB is refferin to, but not like u said 100% sure. As to do they send some TSB's to some dealers and not to all, i know parts manager at the other dealer and he looked it up couldnt find any TSB about a scored crankshaft. And i take it Renegaded you work at a Jeep Dealership.
  • hokie76hokie76 Member Posts: 3
    Today when my daughter was driving her 2003 Jeep Liberty around 15 miles per hour, she applied the brakes. The brakes seemed to pulse 3-4 times and then the steering locked up and the Jeep veered to the right, hitting a fence. Needless to say she's very upset!!! She purchased the Jeep Liberty on 09/19/03. We had the Jeep towed to the dealer after talking to the 1-800 rep. as we didn't want to drive it for fear it do this as we're traveling 55 mph! Who knows what would have happened then! The dealership said they've hooked it up to the computer and 3 different people have driven it. They're saying there's nothing wrong! My daughter has had similar situations with this Liberty at least 5 other times since she purchased this vehicle. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them??? HELP!!!
This discussion has been closed.