Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Owners: Meet the Members

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your Rendezvous!

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owner's Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Also, if you are interested in a live chat, I can arrange that for you. All Club chats are set up on

Tuesdays:
4:00-5:00 pm PT/7:00-8:00pm ET

-or-

Thursdays:
5:00-6:00pm PT/8:00-9:00pm ET
6:00-7:00pm PT/9:00-10:00 ET
7:00-8:00pm PT/10:00-11:00pm ET
(The latter may be rather late for East Coasters, but is available if you want.)

Let me know if you are interested in a chat and the day/time convenient for you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• john325john325 Member Posts: 237
    It's great to see we're up and running. Thank you Karen & Drew. This will be the perfect place for us "owners" to rendezvous.

I live in the S.F. Bay area with my wife and 2 children (Daughter 10, Son 7); we purchased our CXL w/Versatility pkg. & memory seats & mirrors about 2 weeks ago. It is pewter w/ Gray interior. It drives just great!

Topics I'd like to see covered here are: "Care & Maintenance" and although it's a bit soon, "RDV Problems". I'm looking forward to this forum blossoming as the other RDV sight has done. Thanks to Edmunds for this opportunity!

Go 9ers,
    John B.
  • cwjacobsencwjacobsen Member Posts: 293
    Hi, I'm Chris Jacobsen, generally referred to as CWJ elsewhere in the town hall.

My Rendezvous is named Gamera, and he's a Sedona Bronze/Dark Bronzemist Oak interior CXL with the 1SE package plus sunroof, third row, and captains' chairs. Gamera landed in Fort Wayne, IN on June 4th and has already repeatedly proved his cargo capacity.

My wife and I love to ski and we're looking forward to loading up the vehicle and driving deep into Michigan this winter for some fun weekends.

Besides its looks and cargo capacity, what my wife and I enjoy most about the Rendezvous is its mileage, comfort, ride, and civilized demeanor on the road. It also has more luxury bells and whistles than any other vehicle either of us have ever owned. I know quite a few of the other owners already, but am looking forward to meeting many more over time.

Go Packers!!
    Go Badgers!!

CWJ
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    I went back to edit my last post (sorry, it really is long and tedious) and got a call from Victor while I was typing.

My RDV is here (5 days early) and I'm going to pick it up tonight.

Brian
  • lance_wlance_w Member Posts: 8
    Hey I'm Lance... I live in the Chicago area (Naperville) and we've had our car for about a month and a half now. It's black on dark grey with dark grey leather... 1SE package... captains chairs... no trailering package :-( - I wanted the bigger alternator...

Anyway, I used to drive a 1999 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 with a bunch of performance modifications and when I got into school down at ISU my parents decided it was time to get something a little more economical... So we went out looking at new cars... I wanted to get an 02 GMC Envoy, but with all the production problems and set backs, they started looking at the Rendezvous... well, basically, it was up to them and since they're best friends with Steve Woodring (Woody), we managed to strike a great deal with him and that is where we are today...

I'm probably the only kid (19) who drives one of these things and honestly, it's a pretty cool feeling... more people stare at the Bucik then did at my Trans Am... I've had a lot of people ask "what the heck is that thing?" and I just tell them, "It's a buick." And they're all amazed.

I'm also probably the only Rendezvous owner that's gonna have a show car audio system in it... all Infinity Kappa speakers with Kappa Perfect components up front, 3 10" Kappa Perfect sub woofers, new headunit from Pioneer with a 6-disc indash cd changer... it should be pretty nice when it all get's done (July 18th)...

Well, that's my story, and that's my car... I'll have pictures and everything once the audio gets installed so stay tuned - I'm a car care freak and it always looks good so the pictures should really say a lot about these cars...
  • dlh4dlh4 Member Posts: 26
    My name is David and my wife is Mary Jo, and we are waiting patiently for our Sandstone and Bronzemist CXL with Captains Chairs and towing package to arrive in mid August. We are similar to fedlawman in that we have a GM retired Employee discount (my father in law Emmett) that influenced our buying decision.
    I have owned a Mazda Navajo that I put 225,000 miles on in 10 years of driving to sales calls (mortgage banking wholesale) and soccer games (I am a national soccer referee). I have been shopping for a replacement vehicle for about the last year. I went to the Auto show in San Francisco with my list that included the Mazda Tribute (good mileage but cheap interior), the Hyundai Sante Fe (nice vehicle but reputation is suspect). The upscale vehicles I looked at were the ML320 and RX300. Both vehicles fit the luxury I was looking for, but economically the ML got low gas mileage and drinks premium, while the Lexus was close to the mileage I want (avg 20mpg both city fwy combined), the interior felt cramped in the drivers area. Not what I'm looking for in a vehicle that I will be driving 500 miles in. I sat in every SUV at the show but as soon as I read an article in the San Jose Mercury News about the RDV I knew this might be the one, and after the test drive, boy was I right. Now I just have to wait till it arrives.
    So, in mid august look for a Sandstone RDV at soccer matches throughout California and it will probably be me running around on the field, and then driving in luxury and comfort back home to the Bay Area.
  • bertolibertoli Member Posts: 49
    I'm Tony, married to Jill and we have a four year old son. We live in Fort Myers, Florida, and hope to stay here for a long while.

In April, we ordered a pewter/greymist CXL with the versatility pkg., the 6 CD changer and memory seat options through the pre-sell program Buick ran for the RDV. It arrived in mid-May and we literally drove 1000 miles to pick it up..:).

So far we've really enjoyed the RDV. It compares well to our RX300 and in more ways than not the RDV is the better vehicle.

I just want to add that the folks who have been posting on the RDV topic since the word first starting getting out about this vehicle are a top notch bunch and it's been a pleasure interacting with everyone.
  • laggputtlaggputt Member Posts: 2
    As a quick introduction, I'm John (age 41 years), married to a wonderful woman and superb physician (40 years old), and have two girls (ages 6 and nearly 5). We ordered our RDV in early April, before the dealer could even quote an exact GMO price, and received it May 31. I'm the guy who in my foolish zealousness to finally say something on this board made a mistake on the memory seats. Thankfully, this mistake was quickly corrected by another person. We live in eastern Lorain County (Ohio) and have seen several RDV's on the road in our area. All of them look great! I'm a hospital VP and have received several complimentary comments on the RDV, an Indigo Blue with Oak interior 1 SD. It appears Buick will convince a few Lexus RX 300 and others to give the RDV a try. My brother is an executive with GM and my father worked 41 years as tool and die maker for GM. My wife's father worked in a Ford foundry for nearly 40 years. I've always driven GM; my wife has always driven something in the Ford line, with the last eight years being either a Town Car or Continental. Now, I'm the one driving the 2000 Town Car as she prefers EVERYTHING in the RDV. It has enough luxury, an equivalent ride, and is certainly more manageable for her than the huge Town Car.

We have 2730 miles on the RDV and are averaging 22.9 miles per gallon, on both the RDV's gauge and my calculations. The only long highway trip we took was to Birmingham, Michigan.
  • habitanthabitant Member Posts: 7
    Ray and Jean Lemay. We lived in Granby, Quebec, Canada.
    We ordered our RDV CLX with Se package, captain chairs on feb. 28 th, and we took
    delivery on June 22 nd.The colour is light driftwood with bronze metallic bottom and
    oak interior.
    So far with 960 km (app.550 miles) we are very happy with the car. It is as good or better
    than expected.
    We like the HUD display. We had the same on a previous Bonneville a few years back.
    Altahough the one on the Buick is brighter.

We had a CATERA before. As a rear wheel drive it was far from perfect in the snow.
    As accumulation is pretty good here in winter, and that we like skiing a lot, we expect
    better driving in winter.

We are retired and like to make small trips. Next september we will spend two or three
    weeks in the Maritimes Provinces.

Of course we do not help to lower the average age of Buick owner. But this car make us
    feel a bit younger.

The car was equippep with Uniroyal Tires (Tiger Paw) .

The owner club is a good idea and crongatulations for our hosts.
  • bonabillbonabill Member Posts: 7
    Have had our Rendezvous for about 3 weeks and just love it ! My name is Bill Swan and I'm a bank president, 53 years old, and my wife Ann is a retired physical ed. teacher.We live in Clarence, NY a suburb of Buffalo ( yes, of course I got the Versatrak version !!! ). I participated in the early marketing program and used my assigned pin # for a great discount. We have a light driftwood/ bronzemist combo on our CXL with bench second row and third row seat, light oak interior which I like very much and don't think it is too yellow.

Haven't heard much said about the Onstar system, but I signed up for the personal calling and the quality of the system is terrific. We have about 1100 miles on it and currently we are getting 19.2 mpg.

Thanks to everyone on this previous SUV chat page (before we became an official owner's club !! ) for all the significant knowledge and info I obtained making me feel like a most knowledgeable purchaser. Good luck to all with their new RDVs. I look forward to participating in the owner's club conversation.
  • bymclaughbymclaugh Member Posts: 103
    Hello all, my name is Brian and my wife is Martha and we're from the Lapeer area in Michigan (or, as our friends call it, "In the middle of nowhere"). We got our RDV in early May after ordering it through the pre-sell program in Mid March. It's Indigo Blue with the gray interior, Versatrak AWD and the Luxury Package (1SE), with second row bench seats and no third row.

It's our full intention for this to be our family vehicle as we start having kids, and so far we're very happy with it. When we started shopping around for a family vehicle my wife was quite clear that she did NOT want a minivan, and after checking out some other options, including other sport utilities and crossover type vehicles, we decided on the RDV as having most of the benefits of a van, styling more like an SUV, and a price that makes it quite a value, esp when compared to other crossover vehicles, such as the RX300, etc. Also, the fact that I work for GM as a software test engineer meant we could get the GM discount, which made the RDV an even better value.

Go Spartans!

BY
  • mmeehanmmeehan Member Posts: 66
    Hi all. I'm Mala (39) and my husband is Jamie (38) and we have two wonderful little boys, Austin (8) and Shane (5). We live in the Sunshine State. I'm an Ohio University Bobcat (I would have loved a green RDV, but had to settle for Indigo Blue-which I love-and which is closer to my husband's University of Florida Gators colors of blue and orange). We're looking forward to taking our RDV this fall to a couple of Gator football games in Gainesville.

As I said, we have an Indigo Blue Rendezvous with grey leather interior, 1SD package, sunroof, third row, and 6-disc CD changer. Our's only took 4 weeks from the date we ordered it to the date it was delivered to the dealership. I think that's a record for anyone on this board. We love it. I think the things I like about it best are the extra space and the way it handles so well, not all that much differently than the car I was driving (a '99 Mitsubishi Galant). I expected it to be big and bulky in turns and it really is very sure-footed. I've driven in driving rain (Florida is known for that) and the RDV handles perfectly.

I'm sure anyone thinking of purchasing a Rendezvous will love it just like we all do on this board!
  • lrelre Member Posts: 15
    Hi everyone, I'm Lance (33) and my wife is Michelle (31) and we have two wonderful children (Zachary-6, Gabrielle-4). We live in Northern Virginia and I work in Washington DC. We ordered our RDV near the end of May through the pre-sell program and received it about 1 1/2 weeks ago (5 weeks for delivery). We got the Pewter RDV with Greymist lower cladding, Grey leather interior, luxury package, sunroof, and 6-disk CD changer.

We love this vehicle so far. It looks great inside and out. We've already had many compliments from our neighbors, and my wife was recently approached by a stranger in the Target parking lot that said she loved our RDV.

I have been very impressed with the RDV ever since we took delivery. It doesn't have the power of the 98 Tahoe we just finished leasing, but it's more than adequate for our needs. Plus, it's more comfortable and luxurious, has plenty of room, gets better gas mileage, and fits much better in our garage.

I guess I'll close by mentioning my college since others have been mentioning theirs. GO HOKIES! That's Virginia Tech for those of you that aren't College Football fans.

Lance
  • mcduff2mcduff2 Member Posts: 1
    My name is Duke, age 60 & I live in Louisiana. I am an insurance agent and widower. I had never had anything but a regular car before - no pickup, no SUV, etc - just cars. I first saw an RDV at the New Orleans Open Golf tournament in May, 2000, where Buick had one on exhibit. Could not even sit in it, but decided then that I wanted one. I have the pewter with the Versatility package. Ordered it in April and got it first week of May. Have about 3,000 miles on it and very pleased. Many comments from people and two others in my small town of about 4,000 have already ordered RDVs after seeing mine. Some people said I was crazy to order a vehicle that I had never driven or even sat in, but I think it was a good decision so far. One concern I had was the air conditioning. Most SUVs in the south need a rear air conditioner and it wasn't offered on the RDV. Have already had plenty hot weather and it doesn't need rear air.
    For "I Wasn't Disappointed", I will mention my school also - LSU Tigers! And I just read that LSU and Va Tech will open the 2002 & 2004 seasons against each other. Geaux Tigers!! (For non Lousiana folks, that Cajun for Go Tigers!!
  • ustravelerustraveler Member Posts: 3
    I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and found them very helpful. I have a Sedona Bronze (w/Oak interior) CXL w/luxury package, towing package, 6Disc CD and sunroof (and no chrome wheels - I don't care for). While, unlike most others here, I'm not 100% satisfied w/my RDV, I basically like it so far!
  • bb1129bb1129 Member Posts: 7
    My name is Bruce (age 51), married to Janet and have two sons, ages 14 and 12. Since before the eldest boy was born, we have gone through 4 minivans (one Plymouth, one MPV, and two Quests). I have found the RDV to be a satisfactory alternative (giving up some space) but much more driveable and comfortable ( I am over 6 feet 7" tall) than the mini vans. On Memorial day, We brought home a CX with the 1SD package, 6 CD changer, trailering package, 3rd row seats, Uniroyal Tiger Paws, 2nd row bench seats, pewter exterior and the half leather/half fabric interior. Initially, we wanted the 2nd row captain's chairs, but were told by the dealer that they were unavailable. As we live in Florida, I did not see the need to get the CXL with Versatrak.

I was able to use my company's GM supplier discount program in conjunction with my Oldsmobile certificate (for $1000) toward the purchase price.

We have less than 2000 miles on the RDV and averaged 17 to 18 MPG (according to the computer). I have not yet seen another RDV on the road. We are pleased so far, but I have wondered why Buick did not include roof racks for the CX. I will probably buy the roof utility racks ($129) so I can haul my golf clubs. I have enjoyed reading the postings so far and am looking forward to future ones.
  • 90mercsable90mercsable Member Posts: 48
    I hope this group develops into a forum where we can share experiences and learn about our "new" RDV's together.

I am enjoying my RDV- CXL,reg 2nd row, no 3rd row with luxury(SE),sunroof, 6 disc CD, and the alum wheels instead of chrome(chrome looks odd without lug nuts visible). Color is opal blue/dark graymist accent/grey interior. The car was in the showroom under fluorescent lights, I was hoping it would look ok in the sun. It looks great.

So far this is a very exciting experience. I am finding a few quirks with the DIC, and ext temp indicators. The thick owners manual is hard to handle (spiral would be nice), and has some mistakes in references. BUT, OVERALL REALLY NICE for the first 100 miles !!
  • mfarmer2mfarmer2 Member Posts: 67
    My name is Mary. The night before last, my husband and I leased a CX (Driftwood color) Rendezvous with the 1SD luxury package, Captain's seats, and 3rd row seat.

I can't tell you how many hours my husband has spent out in driveway since we brought this vehicle home! Actually, we're both experiencing a lot of NVH (new vehicle high) right now. We'd been thinking about replacing our second car for quite some time now.

We considered a lot of different vehicles including the Mercury Villager, Honda Odyssey, Mazda Tribute/MPV, Lexus RX300, Volvo V70, Tacoma Double Cab, and others. For that reason, you see may come across my messages in a number of the other vehicle forums here.

We really needed the space of a minivan, but didn't really want to go that direction for a second time around. When we heard about the RDV, we knew this was the answer for us. This is also our first GM product. Previously, we've owned Nissan, Toyota, and Honda vehicles and never considered a Buick untill now. So far we're enjoying our RDV a lot! :-)

Mary
  • boondocksboondocks Member Posts: 57
    Hello -

My name is boondocks, aka Cindy. Just took delivery of my new pewter/greymist RDV. I have a CXL with the Versatility and Tow packages. The only extra I bought beyond that was a cargo mat. The husband went over every aspect of it with a fine tooth comb last night when I brought it home, and finally gave it a thumbs up. He was hoping I'd go for a more trucklike vehicle, but I just couldn't bring myself to buying a Ford Explorer/Mountaineer, although I seriously considered the Mountaineer right up until the end. Early on, I was also considering the Acura MDX. The car I just retired was a '93 Olds Bravada with 173,000 miles on it. It was truly a workhorse of a car/truck, and is still going strong. I needed some more interior room, though, and was not interested in a minivan or big SUV.
    I am truly in love with the interior. It's obvious that a LOT of thought went into this vehicle. Every nook and cranny was utilized, and everything is within reach. Now I just have a lot of programming to do!

Cindy, still breaking in the engine at 331 miles
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    What are the most important factors in your car-buying decisions? The Chicago Tribune is looking for a ranking of concerns such as safety, price, monthly payment, styling, quality, etc.

Please send your response to jfallon@edmunds.com, or post in Talk to the Press.

Thanks!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • jwsmithjwsmith Member Posts: 46
    Greetings to the Rendezvous owners! I'm Jim, and along with spouse Jean, purchased a nice pewter CXL with sunroof, towing, captain seats, and third row seats. Was on the way to buy a Subaru Outback VDC Sedan but my spouse was annoyed over the lack of a power passenger seat and the need for premium gas. A test drive in the Rendezvous overcame her concerns with a "SUV" and the features won her over. I'd like to see service and maintenance issues. My spouse gets a new car every 10 years, and this one replaces her 1991 Toyota Cressida (which our college Sophomore daughter will take over) with 113,000 miles. We look forward to many years of good service on our often slippery Manistee, MI roads!
  • racyracy Member Posts: 2
    Hi:

My name is Ray and am delighted so far with my pewter/metallic CXL. I had the 1SE pkg, the sunroof and the towing package added. I must say reading about your experiences did help a great deal. I took a line for one of these discussions and made the offer of $200 over invoice. while the local dealer made a counter offer of $640 over invoice, another dealer - about 55 miles away, said he could do it. So I drove out there for a pleasant buying experience and surprisingly got $800 more on my trade in!! Altogether well worth it.

This is my first SUV and compared to the others I drove, I love it. This is also my first GM vehicle.
    Some more loaded CXL's in the club...it seems that we all see how much bang for the buck the RDV offers.

I'm looking forward to hearing your real world ownership experiences as the coming winter months bring forth the rain and snow.
  • stanvstanv Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I'm Stan and I purchased a CX-pewter/greymist with the 1SC package a month ago and love it. I have been reading all of the post since and have been pleased with what I have seen posted about this vehicle. I'm married with two boys, aged 8 & 11, and they love the RDV too. I would like to tell my story since I kind of bought the vehicle backwards from most of you(didn't order it or view this forum first).

I signed up for the pre-sell program back before the Aztec hit the streets and had been waiting but thinking the RDV would be more than I wanted to spend. 5 finally showed up at my local dealer around August and I looked but didn't test drive. Meanwhile I had test driven almost everything else either at dealers or at the two driving events I attended this year( Cadillac/Motor Trend Drive & Decide and the GM Autoshow) We had been pleased with our 95 Mercury Villager and the new ones kept coming to the top of our list. I drove all of the GM minivans and the Dodges, looked at the Chyslers's , Ford Winstar, and Toyota Sienna and kept coming back to the Villager. We finally decided to keep our 95 Villager and replace my 92 Corolla with something for me.
    I had been browsing the Aztek forum and seen all of the ill comments on its looks. I liked the way it drove from the GM Autoshow(only had a mock up of the RDV) and thought since they are so ugly maybe they are giving them away. I went to a dealer across town who had been advertising some used ones on the internet. He would not budge off the 'lowball'(his words) price on the internet, so I walked(he was also a Buick dealer). I went to my local dealer where the 5 RDV's were, to look at his Azteks(also a Buick-Pontiac dealer).
    I knew we needed the third seat so we test drove the RDV. My wife's first comments were 'this is a step up over the Villager'. This is a real compliment since we liked the full leather Villager and we were sitting on and bought the partial leather in the RDV. I could not believe how well the RDV drove. It drove better than the Aztez which drove better than the GM minivans which they are supposedly based on, and it drove better than the Villager. We drove home with it that night. I came home that night and viewed this forum and was reassured by what had been posted. I have put 2000 miles on it so far and it had 751 when I bought it(only one with features and color we liked) and it continues to impress. I take issue with those who say its is 'underpowered' because my RDV can pass with the best of them on Interstate 285. Also this is the first vehicle I've owned since my 69 Porsche 911 that has 4-wheel disc brakes, and the RDV's brakes are smooth and sure. I have met two other owners and they love their RDV's.
  • ccluperccluper Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to introduce myself as the new owner of a Black CX with gray interior RDV with the 1SC package. I posted on the SUV board also but figured since I actually have one I should say hi here also. We needed something with a third row of seats and after looking at all the choices Expeditons, Durangos, Mountaineers(Explorers), and Tahoes(my pick) my wife found the RDV. She liked the size I liked the cost and gas mileage and being a GM product. We were going to wait till January to buy until the too good to pass up financing happened. We are well pleased with all the CX has especially since we really did not need the Versatrack here in Oklahoma. The CXL were way out of our price range as a young couple with a 2 year old. The only problem I have is getting my wife to let me drive it every once in awhile. I love my Chevy pickup, but the RDV is nice to ride in. Just had to get in on the discussion since new RDV owners keep popping up all the time.
  • sam1966sam1966 Member Posts: 10
    Hello everyone. We are the proud owners of a Black CXL with gray leather interior. It is loaded with everything except the captain chairs (prefer bench) and it is beautiful.

Before we decided on the Rendezvous we were considering the Yukon or Envoy but couldn't come to a decision because of the size, style and poor gas mileage. My husband was clearly interested in the Envoy so I promised him I would go to the Buick/GMC dealer and test drive the Envoy myself. As I entered the showroom to find a salesperson I looked up and there it was - the Rendezvous. After fully inspecting the vehicle inside and out I rushed home and told my husband about the Rendezvous. We returned later for a testdrive and were very impressed with every aspect of the vehicle.

When our local dealer did not have our color/options choice in their inventory but offered to find us one for what we thought was a large fee we decided to find one on our own. We ended up driving 208 miles one-way to pick up our Rendezvous but the drive home was great.

There's only the two of us right now but it's nice to know what when our family starts to grow the Rendezvous will keep up quite nicely.
  • chauncinechauncine Member Posts: 6
    Whenever someone asks me about my RDV I point them to my 4 year old son Isaiah. In his mind, it's his new car. He brags about how pretty it is. It's a big upgrade from our well used '91 Escort. I am truly glad that I waited and got the vehicle that I really wanted. I have a bright white/light oak CXL, versatility pkg, heated seats, memory and 6-disc changer. I went to 5 local dealerships before I found my first color choice. I negotiated a great price (invoice) and used my $500 GM e-coupon with the low finance rate.

We live in Milwaukee, WI. I need a safe and reliable vehicle for our harsh winters. I love the ride and hauling capacity. It's the ultimate shopping addict's vehicle. I can lower the 3rd row seat and load the vehicle up. My son and his friends really enjoy riding in the 3rd row seat.

I've had two negatives in 4 weeks of RDV ownership. My Rondy had to be towed with 41 miles on it (an OnStar service advisor record) because the anti-lock brakes and AWD disengage light stayed lit. I was disappointed with the response I received from my dealership and GM. I realized the lower gas mileage would be a culture shock but, didn't expect to average only 14.4 mpg. I just broke 1000 miles and it's a mixture of city and hwy mileage.

Here's to a great ride and better gas mileage!

Chauncine and Isaiah
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    My name is Ken. I purchased a pewter/greymist RDV. I am retired and looks like the old man of the group. We recently took a 3300 mile trip fron north eastern ohio to the flordia keys. The RDV performed better then I had hoped it would. We averaged 26.9 overall. In some stritches we averaged 29.2. However in the moutins with the air conditioning on the milage dropped to about 25 or so, still very acceptable. Around town we get close to 21. I feel Buick has a real winner with the RDV. I think this is a great fourm and look forward to checking it often.
    Sorry to hear that you've had a glitch or two. Believe me your gas mileage will improve. But you're at the top of my list for at least two reasons. 1) You're a member of the "Oak" tribe, helping to balance out all the "Gray" types floating around here. (It's something of an inside joke dating back to this spring when those of us who ordered BEFORE any Rendezvouses had actually reached any dealers debated the better interior color.) And 2) you live in Milwaukee, my absolute favorite town in which to live. (Juneau Village downtown walking distance from work, just great). Now we live in Indiana, sigh.

CWJ
  • chauncinechauncine Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the welcome CWJ. I've been lurking for quite awhile and read the comments about Oak vs Grey. What do they know. :-) My interior matches the color of one of my Coach handbags.

We now have three RDV in my neighborhood. The first was a Black CX. I would circle the block trying to get a closer look and catch the owner for questions. She must have thought I was a nut. The newest arrival is a Medium Red Metallic with Bronzemist.

I work downtown and can see your beloved Juneau Village from my office window. Have you seen the new art museum wing?
    Yes, I've seen the new wing. It will be spectacular when finished and the whale tail is deployed. You must have really been lurking for some time if you remember the gray vs. oak debate.

CWJ
  • abbondanzaabbondanza Member Posts: 1
    Hello all...I'm a 43 year old stay-at-home Mom. Married to the most wonderful Fire Captain in the World (not biased in the least!) for 20 years. We have two boys, 12 and 9, and live in California. We bought our RDV on 10/25, it's been all treats and no tricks since. Turned in our 92' Aerostar, which ran like a champ and served us well. Thought we would splurge a little and bought the CXL with all the bells and whistles. The only things we don't have is the sun roof and on-board aircompressor, oh, and the six-CD changer. I figured the single CD was enough for me! I absolutely love the way my RDV rides and handles, and the mpg is 19.4. I am the envy of the Landbarge-size SUV driving Mom's at my kids school. One of them is turning in her Expedition to get a Rendezvous! I was hedging at getting the all leather seats but am so glad I did. They look and feel great! I fell for the Pewter with gray interior, and will swoop down on anyone who even tries to get in the vehicle with food or drink. Haven't seen very many RDV's in my area of the San Francisco Bay Area, but when we do encounter one another, it's a riot, you end up pointing and waving to one another. It's like you belong to a club that has a great secret....that the Rendezvous is the best vehicle around, and everyone just hasn't figured it out yet!
    Great handle BTW.

CWJ
  • candidcandicandidcandi Member Posts: 6
    My name is Candi and I originally hail from Whitefish Bay (Milwaukee). I'm 55, single mom of a 16 year old named Amanda. I have two married daughters (one with a baby) and when they all come to visit me in Sunny Southwest Florida, I wanted a vehicle (not a minivan) with a third seat.

My RDV is a Black/Bronzemist CLX with oak interior. SE package, moonroof, 6 CD Changer, and Touring Tires. Guess all I'm missing is the trailering package, but I don't intend to tow anything.

The RDV seemed to be the perfect car for me -- snazzy with room and versatility. I also have three parrots, a dog, and a cat. Need to have lots of space for them! I have driven a Navigator and a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Loved both of them. The Nav was a little big and the third seat did not fold totally flat. The Jeep was a super vehicle -- V8 engine -- really quick.

I just posted my problems with my RDV on the "Problems" page -- I was towed twice in the first two weeks. Valve spring problem and I am now getting a new engine. I am looking forward to getting my car back and having a chance to really drive it. My daughter uses it on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Then it breaks on Tuesday and I lose my "turn". Bummer. I hope that once it is fixed that I will be able to count myself as one of the happy, completely satisfied "Rondy" owners.
  • wlo98wlo98 Member Posts: 10
    Hi all, We live in Vancouver Canada and have just got a brand new Rendezvous CXL after Christmas. It is Pewter in color. It is the luxury pack with the power sunroof and 7 seats option. So far we are very pleased with the vehicle although we only have 1300KM on it. This is the first domestic vehicle that we have own so far. We have had owned a number of Japanese and European cars before and only Buick have succeed in attracting us to give domestic vehicle a try. If I have to get all the options that my Rendezvous has for the Lexus RX300 or Acura MDX, it will cost at least another Can$10000 more. This is a very good deal especially I got it only a few hunder dollars above the factory invoice including all the manufactory incentives and hold back plus the 0% financing.. This is unbeatable! This is a very unique vehicle that not too many people in town are driving one. The only draw back to this is a lot of the third party accessories such as the stone & bug deflector and cargo liner, are not available as this is too new of a vehicle.
  • dorene1dorene1 Member Posts: 75
    I'm old to the site, but finally posting here, as we hit 1,000 happy miles! We are a family of 5, with children that are 14, 11, and 6, who all attend schools in different local cities. I am the commuting parent that also works 3/4 time, and desperately wanted to make my hours of daily driving an easier and more pleasant experience. My husband often works long hours, and was very happy to find a car that helped with daily family commute while he is stuck at work -

Our RDV has exceeded my expectations in all areas except gas mileage (currently 15.5), and I grow increasingly appreciative of the family friendly features in this car. We had to take our first RDV back due to a recall problem, then got our current CXL seven seater with sunroof, a driftwood with moss green accents. Our kids decided we should name our second car deja-vouz, which has stuck...

We live in Silicon Valley California - there are endless MDX's and Lexus', Mercedes as well as many new BMW SUV's entering, but RDV's have not caught on. This is surprising, as RDV's have such nice tech advantages, for a much lower price tag than other SUVs- seems like a lack of advertising. We don't mind being unique, but hope to see some more sales in our area. Happy driving!
  • venettavenetta Member Posts: 18
    I would like to first start off by thanking all of you for the wonderful information on the RDV. My husband and I bought a CX RDV on New Years Eve. We really wanted the luxury package, but they could only give us $500 below invoice on something on the lot so we chose the Pewter CX with versatility package. We received 3.9% financing for 60 months and $500 below invoice, (out the door for $24,500 - sticker was 27,564). We are very pleased with it so far - only 120 miles on it. We have a 2 year old son, but wanted the versatility of the 3rd row seat so this SUV was perfect. My husband (29) and myself (28) were not ready for a Mini Van and after planning to buy a Mazda Tribute for months we came across the RDV and fell in love with it. We have ordered the cross bars for the luggage rack ($48 each from the dealer) and we are ordering a wood dash through auto dash. Can't wait to get it installed :-)
    Does anyone know how to get a book on aftermarket accessories or a good website?
    Thanks again for all of your assistance!
    I am anxious to hear of your wood dash installation (when you do it) and hopefully, you can post some pictures when you're done!
  • joeksngjoeksng Member Posts: 2
    wlo98,

I knew that from this msg board you got your Rendezvous in Vancouver. I am going to do the same thing. Could you please let me know the invoice price in Van. and which dealer you recommend.

Thank you in advance.
    Buick Rendezvous Tour Edition

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Hi,

This is actually a Christmas gift from my dad who lives in Calgary. He bought the vehicle, with my imput in offer and options, from CMP in Calgary. I have done a lot of research on internet before I deal with the dealers. For CXL with Luxury package, sunroof and 3 row seat should be less than C$39000. I tried a few dealers and auto broker services in Vancouver and Richmond, the cheapest deal I can get is $41,000. I managed to let the dealer to profit only $900 off me as they only have to deliver the vehicle and save all the selling time. I even let them know which dealer carry the RDV with all the options that I like and the color that I want so that they can order that particular vehicle. As long as you do all the leg work and tell them how much money you want them make off you. Be sure to tell them you know the invoice price and all the factory hold off and incentives. Before Jan 15, you may be able to cut a good deal like mine or even a better one... Hope this is helpful to you..
  • joeksngjoeksng Member Posts: 2
    wlo98,

Thank you for your info. It does really help for me to negotiate the price with the GM dealer. The cheapest I can get for CXL with Luxury package, sunroof and 3 row seat is C$40500. The dealer told me that if I can wait, GM may have cash rebate as a special in 1Q. How do you like your RDV so far?
    Hi joeksng,

This is a pretty good deal in vancouver. For C$40500 does it includes the minimum $500 dial and win cash ? If you will get min $500 cash back from GMCanada, then you are getting almost the lowest price. The dealer can max make $500-$800 off you. If the dealer keep that $500 then you may still have a bit of room to move..

Do you need financing ? If you do, try to get the 0% financing from GMCanada before end of Jan. If you are planning to pay off at once, you can wait for the cash rebate. Do you know how much cash rebate they are talking about ? I hope at lease $4000 - $5000 as the saving for 0% financing is about that much. If they are not giving equivalent amount of saving then you better off buy it sooner. Make sure you ask if the RVD that you are buying includes the Tire inflation monitoring system.. My RDV does not come with it as it was not available at the time I get it. I have checked with GMCANADA and confirmed new RDV manufacturing now will come with it. Hope this help..

I do love my RDV very much.. Very unique driving around and alot of people wondering what vehicle is that ! Got a lot of positive comments from people passing by.. Best deal in luxury SUV class...

What color are you getting ? You live in Vancouver, Surrey or Richmond ?

Email me at wlo98@yahoo.com if you want..
    Good luck.
  • snuzone66snuzone66 Member Posts: 6
    Hello All -

I am a somewhat new owner. We purchased our Rendezvous CX/Versatility Package/Black w/ Gray interior in November 2001. We have approximately 3,000 miles on it. To date we have had no major problems. Yessssss!!

I previously owned a Buick Skylark and have been very impressed with Buick. My Skylark had about 150,000 miles on it and would probably have last another 75,000 miles without too many mechanical repairs. I had to part with it because it was just too small when we went on vacation with two kids and golf clubs!

I first saw the Rendezvous last May at the dealer when I brought my car in for service. I liked it on the spot. This past fall hubby gave the okay to purchase new vehicle. We decided to stop at GM dealer and he saw the Rendezvous. Thought it was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. We drove it because I wanted to. HE LOVED THE DRIVE. We then drove the Pontiac Bonneville. We agreed it looked nicer but didn't offer the versatility we needed or comfort! We were at dealership for about two hours looking at the Yukon, Bonneville, Park Avenue, LeSabre (salesman made fun of us for these last two choices - said he never saw anyone as "young" as us looking at those two models). Anyway after two hours my hubby turns to me and says "You know, the longer you look at the Rendezvous it doesn't look so bad." We came home to do more internet research and think. That night he said he really liked and wanted to look into actually making a purchase if they could find one in the color we wanted with options we wanted. It took salesman one day to locate one and had it for us within two days.

Hubby absolutely loves it. It was the comfort and drive that sold him. Looks and versatility for me. He will even take it now when he knows I have no errands to run. He NEVER used to take my other car - always used his truck! Now I have to share :o(

Oh well. If this bored you . . . I apologize. I've had this vehicle for 2.5 months and am still in "love" with it!! LOL By the way - I took it from North Carolina to New York about two weeks after getting it from dealer - it did excellent on the drive.

Susan
    You sound like one happy camper! Congrats on your Rendezvous!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Rendezvous!

Funny, your story is the exact oposite of mine. I liked the looks of the RDV from the start (especially the interior) but my wife was not initially impressed.

Only after test driving it did she warm to it. As time has passed (7 months and 8000 miles), she has come to really love the RDV. Sometimes while we're driving somewhere, she say something like, "I'm so glad we got the RDV instead of that XXX." I can't agree more. We love the way it rides, coddles us on long trips, and hauls all manner of people and cargo without missing a beat. It also impresses everyone who takes a look or rides in it.

BTW, I read your observation regarding the rear speakers of the stereo. The woofers are the ones next to the 3rd row in the cargo area, a very effective and appropriate place for them. The second (middle) row speakers are full-range.

Sometimes while climbing into the drivers seat, my hand will momentarily rest on the center console lid and accidently press the rear audio "power" button. When the rear audio is activated, the second row speakers are silenced (for the benefit of headphone listening 2nd row passengers). Check to make sure the power is off (no light illuminated) to ensure all 8 speakers are playing.

Also, I have found the RDV stereo to be tuned on the bright side. For more pleasing (and accurate) music reproduction, try turning the treble setting to -2. It will initially sound flat but give yourself a little while to get used to it. If you don't believe me, listen to your favorite CD at -2 for a while and then set it back to 0...I promise you'll turn it back to -2 in short order.
  • myrnakmyrnak Member Posts: 2
    We are glad to be aboard, both the Rendezvous and the Town Hall! Decided to wait 2.5 months before jumping in; hopefully, we can be more objective with comments about our new "Baby!"
    Yes~We are smitten. Purchased a Sedona Bronze Metallic with Dark Bronzemist lower accent color, very light oak/medium oak interior, complete with the CXL Luxury Package. Admittedly, my husband defers to my color choice when we buy a vehicle. As an artist, color "speaks to me," and after seeing the rich Sedona, I could not settle for any other. Contrary to many others, we did not need the extra seating. It was imperative for us to get the full back seat and compartmentalized storage area. Our salesman had to travel 100 miles to find what we wanted, and we were delighted that he could locate our desired treasure. We are semi-retired and now make twice monthly trips to our second home, which is located "where the glacier stopped," in Galena, Illinois. Our RDV readily climbs those formidable hills.
    Haven't seen many RDV's around here, but we sure do get a lot of looks. My husband came out of WalMart the other day, and found a woman with a pencil and paper standing by the vehicle. He thought, "Oh no, she hit me and is leaving a note!" She was actually copying down the info and wanted to share it with her husband!
    The only glitch we have had is the battery light going on occasionally, and we hope to have this problem rectified when "Baby" is taken in for the oil change.
    We've enjoyed the banter on the board and are very pleased to be among the happy Rendezvous owners. Thanks for letting me ramble...Myrna
  • alg7alg7 Member Posts: 3
    I'll just ditto everything that's been said: this car offered more of what we wanted than anything else on the market. And the best part was the price: $23,999 for the CX with SC package, trailer pkg and upgraded stereo. We LOVE this SUV.
    But my main reason for posting is to compliment the dealer we purchased it from, Bunnin Buick in Oxnard, CA. I am a sales manager, and one with very strong feelings about integrity and service. After suffering the abuse of tacky, obsolete, dishonest and sometimes just plain ignorant treatment of the other dealerships around town, I was delighted by my encounter with our salesman, Niko, and the rest of the staff at Bunnin. Of course, the F&I guy tried to add a little profit back into the sale (just doing his job), but he was in no way offensive and after a little friendly give and take, I felt obliged to let him have his extended warranty sale as a professional courtesy. He laughed and told me that I was the first customer that cared about his close ratio. :-) But this was largely due to the fact that they had given me a price that was nearly $700 better than Carsdirect, and were still willing to throw in the roof racks.
    I drove home in the RDV that night and brought back the check the next day. When I did, the GM greeted me, thanked me, expedited the transaction, etc. As I said, I am a severe critic of the sales profession, and this dealership didn't let me down one time. I will refer them to anyone unequivocally. Do your homework, be prepared when you go in, and buy this car!
  • snuzone66snuzone66 Member Posts: 6
    Hello All -

I am sure I'm not losing my mind . . . but wasn't there a Rendezvous Accessory and Parts posting?? I know I was there and saw some pictures of a Rendezvous that someone had installed the "wood dash". Does anyone know what happened to that particular bulletin???

Thanks,
    Susan
  • damomdamom Member Posts: 4
    Well I have read every one of the posts having to do with the RDV and was able to walk into the dealership today a very well informed buyer. Walk may be too gentle as my hubby has been on my case since November to get a new vehicle. I have wanted the RDV since it first came out but was determined to do all the necessary research so as not to be taken advantage of (as women and young military usually are). Well after a bit of wheeling and dealing I will hopefully be the new owner of a Pewter CX/Luxury Pck/sunroof/etc. by next week. The dealer was a new owner dealer and wanted to try to clear off his inventory but both CXL's on his lot were too high and with less options than what I wanted (and I knew where the vehicle was thanks to GMBuyPower). Alas I will have to wait for them to go get it. But I have really enjoyed reading all the posts and it has helped alot. Thanks to all! Want to say I am also one of the grey clan! Will let you know how it all works out.

DebbieB
    (da saints fan-hanging head and active fantasy football member)
  • venettavenetta Member Posts: 18
    Look in the accessories and modifications board. That is where I posted the pictures of our wood dash kit. Let me know if you have any questions.