Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• nbw0305nbw0305 Member Posts: 7
    Good luck. I had this problem after 15,000 miles. It took them 20,000 miles to correct it. Now I have 60,000 on the car and the problem is back. They claim there are a lot of things that could cause the ABS to kick in. Have relaces the wiring and also a hub assembly.....fortunately I bought the extended warrantee.
    nbw0305
  • diclemegdiclemeg Member Posts: 10
    Steven,
    I also need to change my condenser on my 2002 RDV. Can you send me the instructions from your basice service manual. Many thanks !
  • macphersonmacpherson Member Posts: 33
    Hi- I've seen the service manual on EBay for around $50.US. It might be a good investment. The vehicle is a LEMON!! :lemon:
  • 442455442455 Member Posts: 64
    Diclemeg, I could not find your e-mail listed on this site, it is posted as private. I tried the e-mail a message on the right side of your post, but that is not working. Since many people have the same problem, I am posting the repair steps on here, but I don't know if they will allow it to remain. Steve

Condenser Replacement
    Tools Required
    J 38185 Hose Clamp Pliers
    J 39400-A Halogen Leak Detector
    Removal Procedure
    Recover the refrigerant from the A/C system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging .
    Drain the cooling system. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System in Engine Cooling.
    Remove the cooling fans with the cooling fan shroud. Refer to Cooling Fan Replacement - Electric in Engine Cooling.

Reposition the radiator outlet hose clamp at the water pump housing using the J 38185 .
    Disconnect the radiator outlet hose from the water pump housing.
    Reposition the radiator outlet hose clamp at the radiator using the J 38185 .
    Disconnect the radiator outlet hose from the radiator.
    Remove the radiator outlet hose.
    Disconnect the lower transaxle oil cooler line from the radiator. Refer to Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Hose Replacement in Automatic Transaxle - 4T65-E.

Remove the A/C discharge hose nut from the condenser block.
    Disconnect the A/C discharge hose from the condenser block.

Important
    Cap or tape off the open A/C refrigerant components immediately to prevent system contamination.

Cap or tape off the A/C discharge hose.

Remove the evaporator inlet tube bolt from the condenser block.
    Disconnect the evaporator inlet tube from the condenser block.
    Cap or tape off the evaporator inlet tube.
    Remove the radiator and condenser assembly.
    Remove the condenser tube clip bolt.
    Remove the condenser tube clip.

Remove the condenser mounting bolts.
    Remove the condenser from the radiator.

Remove the receiver dehydrator upper bracket bolts.
    Remove the receiver dehydrator lower mounting bolts.
    Disconnect the receiver dehydrator from the condenser.
    Remove and discard the sealing washers.
    Installation Procedure
    If replacing the condenser add the specified amount of PAG oil directly to the condenser. Refer to Refrigerant System Capacities .
    Using a lint-free clean, dry cloth, carefully clean the sealing surfaces of the A/C refrigerant components.

Important
    Flat washer type seals do not require lubrication.

Install new sealing washers to the receiver dehydrator.

Connect the receiver dehydrator to the condenser.

Notice
    Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the receiver dehydrator lower mounting bolts. Tighten
    Tighten the bolts to 6 N·m (53 lb in).

Install the receiver dehydrator upper bracket bolts. Tighten

Install the condenser to the radiator.

Install the condenser mounting bolts. Tighten

Install the condenser tube clip.
    Install the condenser tube clip bolt. Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 2.5 N·m (22 lb in).

Install the radiator and condenser assembly.
    Remove cap or tape from the evaporator inlet tube.
    Install a new sealing washer to the evaporator inlet tube fitting.

Install the evaporator inlet tube and bolt to the condenser block. Tighten
    Tighten the bolt to 16 N·m (12 lb ft).

Remove cap or tape from the A/C discharge hose.
    Install a new sealing washer to the A/C discharge hose fitting.

Install the A/C discharge hose and nut to the condenser block. Tighten
    Tighten the nut to 16 N·m (12 lb ft).

Connect the lower transaxle oil cooler line to the radiator. Refer to Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Hose Replacement in Automatic Transaxle - 4T65-E.
    Install the radiator outlet hose.

Connect the radiator outlet hose to the radiator.
    Reposition the radiator outlet hose clamp at the radiator to secure the hose using the J 38185 .
    Connect the radiator outlet hose to the water pump housing.
    Reposition the radiator outlet hose clamp at the water pump housing to secure the hose using the J 38185 .
    Install the cooling fans with the cooling fan shroud. Refer to Cooling Fan Replacement - Electric in Engine Cooling.
    Fill the cooling system. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System in Engine Cooling.
    Evacuate and recharge the A/C system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging .
    Leak test the fittings of the component using J 39400-A .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Document ID# 793588
    2002 Buick Rendezvous - FWD
  • jack151jack151 Member Posts: 3
    I originally wrote about my problem with AM Radio noise on this thread three years ago. The solution, in 2003, was to get the dealership to replace the radio. Perhaps it was a grounding problem that was fixed in the process. By the way, it did take a couple trips to the dealership before they agreed that there was a problem -- again it only occurred with the key on.
    I've seen the service manual on EBay for around $50.00
  • snh519snh519 Member Posts: 2
    I'm not sure if we are experiencing the same problem, so i'll explain. After driving for maybe twenty minutes on the highway, my service traction is lit for one minute. The anti-lock and trac off lights are continuously lit and the alarm is beeping non stop. Once I turn off ignition everything returns to normal. I brought it to the dealership and they replaced the front bearings on both sides. Unfortunately the problem still exist. This is seriously frustrating. SNH519
  • kylegigikylegigi Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the same symptoms. When I checked the codes in the computer it said "Left front wheel sensor". Since the sensor is inside the wheel hub bearing I too replaced the wheel hub. However, after a few days the trouble came back. I took it to the GM dealer and they said I had a short in the wiring harness that goes from the main antilock breaking controls to the wheel(s). They said I needed to replace the left harness. Since they pushed and moved the wires on the harness trying to figure it out, everything has been fine. Every time someone has looked at it, the problem stops for a while and comes back. They want $535.00 to replace the harness. If you have a local mechanic that has his own business you can probably get it done for around $250.00 to $300.00. Cars are cheap now a days but they are making up for it in parts and service. Don't buy parts from car dealerships!!! Use the internet and by all means find an independent mechanic that will work with you.

Good Luck
  • nbw0305nbw0305 Member Posts: 7
    Do you feel a pulsing in your brake pedal when you are braking??? That is what is happening to me. I've had the AWD disabled light come on and also the anti-brake lite come on. The first time this happened they replaced a wire harness. This last time they replaced a hub assembly. I have had 4 of those replaced already. My car has been in the shop all last week and they finally duplicated the pulsing with the computer hooked up to the car while driving it. Now they think it might be a computer chip that runs the braking system because 2 sensors went off at the same time. I guess this isn't supposed to happen. But before they will replace the chip they have to duplicate the problem many more times. You are correct...I am so angry and frustrated that I wrote the CEO of GM.
  • marzalzmarzalz Member Posts: 2
    It seems that many 2002 Buick Rendezvous owners are having the same similiar problems that we are currently and have been having. I love my car but I have to say the way it was built is a headache. Not all are made of money and can easily just go out to buy another vehicle to replace this terrible made automobile. Yes, indeed a regret to buy this kind of SUV but why bother when whats done is already done. Can't try to sell it or trade it when knowing the problems that are occuring because of the guilt you would feel. It will then be someone else's problem that can lead to a lawsuit or even worst accident. Dealerships can't fix intermittent problems, GM company will not make any recalls, so what can we possibly do? Well we've reported a safety issue to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in March of 2006 but so far no word. Here are the problems we have been and currently have: :mad:

1. Internal and External lights all shut off even when car is running (SAFETY ISSUE!!!) We've had incidents while driving on highway during night hours and all lights just shut off causing complete darkness long up to a minute. Happens anytime of the day! BCM was replaced but it did not fix anything. Started just couple of months after we bought it brand new and til this day it still occurs.

2. Security mode turns on, if thats what you call it. This is where Service Engine indicator comes on, locks up radio, stops clock, doors lock up, and AC stops working. Basically everything locks up.

3. Starting car is hard to start as if it will stall. Beginning Aug. 5th 2006 the car won't start at all and is stuck in my garage. July 31st was last driven and it took couple of starts to get the car to start adn it drove fine and no problems starting until August 5th when it just shut down.

As far as reporting it to National Highway, I guess there are just couple of people that has this kind of issue so, maybe that is the reason why no recalls have been made nor feedback on these complaints. Judging from this forum it looks like there are many more complaints on this forum than the National Highway complaints, why so? You want a recall, you want your problems solve, you want to spend less, you want to enjoy your car, REPORT THE COMPLAINT!

Issues involving safety issues should definitely be reported!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

So, we are left with a faulty car in hopes that GM will make these recalls and we are left with us pulling out our hairs for the expenses we have to make to get this vehicle fix. Why not do something about it? Make a complaint (already did), lawsuit (can't afford a lawyer), and an easy way to get back at the GM...Spread the word and do not buy there cars. Maybe it will make GM realize that you can't just sell something and leave your customers in the dark. Is GM that heartless? :confuse:
  • jacklin30jacklin30 Member Posts: 14
    Mine is a 2006 and had this problem. I posted earlier that I took it back to the dealership and they told me it was a bad cell in the battery. They put in a new battery and things were good until recently. In the last week it has started hestitating when trying to start again. That is exactly what happened last time and it progressively got worse. Maybe I'll try new spark plugs this time. So far I just love this car, but the starting problem seems to be coming back and I still haven't been able to get anyone to do anything about the fuel gauge fluctuating. I thought when I got a new car that I wouldn't be having car problems anymore for awhile so this is especially annoying to me. What's worse is everyone told me do not buy an American car, especially one assembled in Mexico. Well, I decided to give it a chance anyway and so far my experience has not been very good. I had a Nissan and a Honda before this and never had a single problem with them when they were new. When things started wearing out then I had a few problems naturally, but the Nissan had 189,000 miles on it when I sold it and the Honda had 210,000. My experience with this car so far tells me I might not be so lucky with the Rendezvous and that makes me very sad because I really like the car. I get tired of taking it to the dealer and continuing to have the same problems though. Time will tell I guess, but it doesn't look good.
  • snh519snh519 Member Posts: 2
    Yes I was feeling a pulsing in the brake pedal. I brought it back for service or repair and the sensors in front was replaced. I believe I may have traveled 10 miles on the highway and it happened again. This time the tires were replaced and I was able to make it home without problem. I hope I'm not cursing myself, but I haven't had any problems in the last 24 hours.
  • nathan777nathan777 Member Posts: 2
    Have you all investigated the Lemon Law in your state? I had a reoccurring problem with a Ford Windstar several years ago. They could not repair a problem with the transmission. After three to four tries I filed a Lemon Law claim and Ford had to reinburse me for the vechicle. I filed the claim about a year and a half after buying the minivan... I had to get a lawyer, but the Lemon Law in MI forced Ford to pay my lawyer and I received 100% of my cost back...
    Wow- Wish I lived in the US. In Canada we are at the mercy of the dealer who sold it & I have told everyone I know to stay away from them & I've told everyone to tell everyone they know as well to stay away. I even called GM & was told that they had had no complaints like I was describing & that I must be mistaken!!! How 'bout that? When I told them how hundreds had written about the same problems on the Internet the rep. told me not to believe everything that I read on the Internet. This is GM calling me a liar. Is it any wonder that they are in financial trouble? With an attitude such as theirs towards their customers, they should be in trouble & the Customer Service Rep. should be unemployed.
  • seapro2210seapro2210 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Rendezvous that the battery light comes on and off intermittently. Dealer has performed tsb for replacing the 105 amp alt with the 125 amp per gm with no luck. Now, tech assistance tells them to replace the drivers information cluster. Same done and same results. Battery light comes on when it wants to. I know there are others out there like this because my service manager said that tech assistance has had 4 others in my region with the same complaints. Now, I've reported this 5 times since 5,000 miles, each time, unable to duplicate problem or replace part and see what happens. ANY SUGGESTIONS or Comments???
  • meechigana2meechigana2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I just noticed that the paint on my hood (close to the windshield) is bubbling in several places and it looks like underneath there will be a problem with the paint coming off and rust soon. When I lift the hood, there is some of the same on the inside. I've searched online and on this board and only saw one mention of it in a 2005 post. I have it under the gm extended warranty for another year and 12,000 miles (it has 59,000 or so now) and am assuming that it's covered since it seems to be faulty paint and build. Any suggesstions before I call our lovely service department whom I am weary of would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • gazzgazz Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2004 Buick Rendevous. Just recently and only sometimes after I stop and put it in park and let it set for a few minutes...It won't start...It will only start when I put it in neutral then put it back in park. If I do this a couple of times it will start. This happens mostly in the morning. I took it to a dealership and they spent all day and couldn't find the problem. They said when they ran diagnostics, some code would come up and they called GM, but they have not been able to find and fix the exact problem.
  • seapro2210seapro2210 Member Posts: 2
    me again....now the dealership has told me that gm has said to disregard the tsb about the alt. replacement. they now know that there is a software problem and have a team of engineers working on a new reprogram for the pcm.. sounds like they are trying to drag out the problem and really are just guessing at what may or may not fix the issue. my dealership has been great but i feel like everybody is getting the runaround. I know that there are more '06 owners who have experienced this problem. Please post some replies..
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    Hhmm that could be an interesting one to try and fix. When you say it doesn't start, do you mean it doesn't turn over,or turns over but won't fire up? I know on our pontiac version it sometimes won't 'hot start' very well (meaning shutting it off for only a couple minutes abd trying to restart), it turns over but won't fire without holding it in start position for quite a bit longer then usual. If it doesn't turn over, I would suspect it could have something to do with brake transaxle shift interlock or related system(s). Maybe bad connection near shift lever itself that gets corrected when you move shifter and wiggle wire.
  • mdthomannmdthomann Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up my 06 CXL FWD this week. Got on the highway last night and tried to set the cruise control. Didn't work. Anyone have similiar issue that I need to be aware of otherwise I will assume something simple for dealership to fix.
    Thanks!
  • sharshar Member Posts: 4
    Just replaced the intake manifold gaskets, bolts, and everything in and around that well know issue. $800 Plus another $200 for top door hinges. WOW now I can hear myself think! If your Rendez :) ous sounds like you are hanging your head out the window.. It's a defective door hinge. Now posted by GM. Aside from these issues it's been a great car. 92K miles and looks like new. But I've spent $2,400 in the past three months on the issues above and normal preventive maintenance.
    Right it doesn't turn over. It appears to be something connected to the column because I have been able to start it successfully in Neutral now. (just discovered this yesterday). However after driving, when I stop it, put it in park and wait a few minutes, it won't turn over immediately.
    Our 2002 has been a continuing nightmare. We purchased it Jan./06 will 124K. Fell in love with it & still do except when it won't start. When running errands & making several short stops, it won't start. It turns over but won't 'catch' until we let it sit 1/2 - 1hr. The A/C has never worked. The dealer where we bought it ( Riverside Auto in Guelph ON Canada) told us he would "look after us "----HA- he really meant that only until we got if off the lot. It's frustrating. I've called GM several times only to be told that I must be imagining things & that they have NEVER heard of this problem. They also told me not to believe everything I read on the Internet about others with the same problem. It's a shame- used to love our GM vehicles but with their new attitude, I really think that this is the last one we buy.
  • kylegigikylegigi Member Posts: 3
    Most dealers have a five year warrenty on paint especially if you purchased the teflon overcoat they try to push on you when you bought the car.
  • jtrain88jtrain88 Member Posts: 1
    We have had problems with our 2002 Buick Rendezvous. Just every once in a while you put the key in to start it and nothing. No noise, no trying to start, nothing. Obviously this is very frustrating and it is also scaring not knowing when the car will decide not to start. The mechanic said they don't know what to do, looks like the starter is ok. Any suggestions?
  • clm51clm51 Member Posts: 9
    First I would suggest checking your battery connections and cables. They may be loose or corroded.

If that doesn't help, then take it to a Buick dealership and have them run a code diagnosis and ask them about "flashing" or resetting the computer. There is a main computer and several others that communicate with each other in cars now. And apparently codes get corrupted just like on your home computer that causes you to have to reboot.
    Thanks for the info. However I did take it to a dealership and they said the battery and cables were fine. They did the code diagnostics and said a code came up but they could not find the faulty wire. It does make sense about the resetting of the computer though because my keyless entry key stopped working sometime back as well. Thanks
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    One of the first signs of BCM trouble on my 2002 RDV ( I had three BCM's replaced over four years ) was the keyless entry stopped working and faulty error codes. :sick:

Ken
    Ken I am not familiar with the term BCM. What is it and what does it stand for.
  • kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    BCM stands for "Body Control Module". It is basiclly your cars computer. Buick had many, many problems with them. Read my post 1407 to see the problems I had with by RDV

Ken
  • tablescapetablescape Member Posts: 18
    I recieved a call from my dealer and he told me they have a new fix for the Fuel Gauge problem. I haven't had the chance to take it in yet but hopefully they have it figured out now.
  • notsosatisfiednotsosatisfied Member Posts: 2
    Since October of 2005, I have had my 2002 RDV in for service @ the local dealership four times. First was a coolant leak, which I paid the $100 GM goodwill deductible. In November 2005, the repair was for leaking AC oil & die.

In July 2006, a broken wire which caused my vehicle to shift hard "worked its way between two things" that apparently "wore it in half". The repair was inside the right firewall. Not sure if it is related to the other repairs in that someone didn't put the vehicle back together carefully. They'd never admit it. Cost: $201.33.

Right before leaving for vacation, my car wouldn't start. Would not turn over. No sound. The rear hatch wouldn't open, the radio would not play, the door locks or windows either, the electronics on my dash kept flashing & I was hearing an intermittent clicking sound that I thought was related to the anti-theft system. I called GM & after several Q & A's, they said that it was most likely NOT the anit-theft & referred me to the dealership.

Now, August 2006, the dealership is telling me that something with the ignition needs replaced & BCM also needs to be replaced & reprogrammed. I think it's going to be a $700 repair. At just over 34,000 miles, I cannot believe this is happening.

I, too, love the space in back, third row seat & the way it drives. I will be sad to let it go. Sad also that GM hasn't found a way to fix what appears to be a common problem. Sad that my service writer has seen this problem before but [all but denied it &] treated me, a woman, like i was an idiot. When shocked about the price, my service writer said I should have purchased the extended warranty. With a reputation like Buick has had in the past, who would have known?

My vehicle is sitting @ the dealership waiting for GM to research/investigate & get back to me. I am so glad I decided to investigate both with GM & on-line. Now I am armed with information.

Everyone with RDV problems NEEDS to call GM 1-866-790-5600!!
    The more that call, the better.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Everyone with RDV problems NEEDS to call GM ...

I think that's called "overkill."

tidester, host
  • notsosatisfiednotsosatisfied Member Posts: 2
    let me rephrase for those of you who would not use common sense when calling GM....i meant everyone that has these same types problems when their car is just under or barely over the warranty. thats what i meant # 1521.
    i realize that not all RDVs are going to be perfect. but lots of people with the same problem, come on.
    I posted several times regarding our 2002 Rendezvous & how if we made several short trips, like running errands around town, the car would not start until it sat for awhile. After much fiddling & testing etc., the mechanic changed the spark plugs & miracle of miracles, the problem disappeared. That was until about 3 weeks ago. Now, it's starting again. Today I went out, it started fine- only made 1 stop. Then the car sat until this afternoon, made 1 stop then came home. A few minutes later my husband went out & it won't start. We know that it will after an hour or so but it is so frustrating... Does anyone out there have any ideas??? Please???? Do we keep changing spark plugs?? Why would spark plugs go so fast? PLease reply ASAP. Thanks, I'll be watching- Lorrie :mad: :cry: :P ;) :lemon:
  • amy702074amy702074 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there to all...I am new to this board :) But not new to all of the Rendezvous problems :( I have been trying now for around a year to find out why my 2002 CX RDV lights ext and interior turn off randomly for sometimes up to a minute while driving ...Yes that means it has done this to me at night in the pitch dark (scary)the radio goes out as well...But the car stays running. It has done this at anytime of the day in any type of weather elements. Sometimes it seems as though it has done when I have been paying attention before hand when I have just lightly or hard applied the brakes...It maybe at a full stop then accelerate or while I am on the highway and lightly apply the brakes. No one can figure out why it is doing this..But I have seen on here where I am not the only one with this issue. Has anyone found out what the problem was? I would love to know after a year now. I have also had several occasions with the no starting it loves to do as well. I have been just finishing getting gas and it would not start for at least a half hour or while I was running around making my arons through the day basically after a few start and stops. I have called a tow truck three times and by the time they got there the darn thing started...What gives???? Again nothing can be found or done. I am now replacing my front left and right wheel barings..Fun I see this another fine problem it has. I was also told that my ABS pump needs to be replaced...This thing costs anywhere form 700.00 to 1200.00. This is BS! I have reported this all to the government site but nothing has been done yet. Buick doesn't care...I am sorry if they did something would have been done by now. This all is not a caweenky dink for all of us RDV owners especially of the 2002. Tiger Woods should be ashamed :blush: at this point in time for ever representing this vehicle. Please if anyone can help me at this point with what I have said I have issues with please let me know soon as you can. :confuse: :( :lemon:
  • gmfamily1gmfamily1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2002 black rendezvous cxl, and I just had it in for service. The service manager had the body shop manager look at the paint and he said it was not a warrantied problem. I have only 53,000 miles on it. I also had a coolant leak and leaking struts that ended up costing $1,800 to repair, which were covered under warranty, but I just found out that the coolant that GM uses and has a patent on, Dex-cool, is the cause of the problem. Seems that the coolant, which is supposed to last up to 150,000 miles is faulty and ends up breaking down the engine, which ends up costing quite a bit in repairs. GM has not admitted this however.
    Hey all,
    Here's an idea- how about we all get on Tiger Wood's website & tell him our troubles. Maybe GM would listen to him. They as much as called me a lier when I told them about the starting issues. They also told me not to believe everything I read on the Internet-pretty damned arrogant for a car company in financial trouble. :lemon: :mad:
  • frustratedrdvfrustratedrdv Member Posts: 2
    You are not the lone ranger with this problem. My car is in the shop as we speak. I have spoken with 3 dealers 2 in Richmond VA one stating it was the fuel pump, one stating that it is the computer chip in the ignition and now the mechanic in WV states it may be the BC Module.....GET RID OF THE CAR!!! I am crying all the way to the bank today because I love my Rendevous but WHAT A HEADACHE! I hope I have helped a little. I know your frustration it has been a year and a half of hell with the same start/ no start problem leaving me stranded MANY TIMES! GOOD LUCK :lemon:
    Just read your post- I've had all the same diagnostics as well. We bought the car Jan2/06 on a whim- fell in love with it & still do. The air has never worked (not covered), the starting problems started immediately- again, the used car dealer said- sorry but.... (This from the same dealer that said "Don't worry- we will look after you"- Ha!!.) Calling GM is an exercise in futility & now I've lost the #- anyone out there in Canada have it??? Our decision is made. We have always always bought GM & been happy, but I've found out that Magna is now a 'sub-contractor' for GM & Rendezvous is made in Mexico. Well, I hope they saved a lot of money & increased their profit because we are not the only ones who have been burned & will not be buying GM again.Ijust love it when I read how the Japanese have an unfair advantage with the import/export laws. Well, the Japanese/Korean etc. automakers stand behind their product & deserve an advantage. That's my opinion anyway.
    Sorry- I'm on my soapbox again..........
    If anyone has that phone # for GM in Canada, I sure would appreciate it. :lemon: :mad:
    For the lighting issue, our pontiac has done the same thing a few times, I believe its likely an issue with BCM as it has its hand in a bunch of stuff. I usually get around it by turning headlights on by switch instead of auto-mode. I haven't noticed the blinkees when I do that. For the occasional HOT_START problem (I:E: shut vehicle off for a minute or two and then try to restart) if it doesn't start first time, I hold it in start position a bit longer 5-10 seconds maybe, and it starts. Seems like the more times you try, worse it gets.
    If the coolant leak was intake manifold gaskets, I think the problem is with the gasket, not the coolant. The gasket material was subject to cracking and there is an updated part to address the problem on 3.x engines.
  • vwarrenvwarren Member Posts: 4
    I own a 2002 RDV with similar problems desribed in this forum. During left slow turns when the brakes are applied the anti-lock brakes activate. Also when taking off in a normal manner, the traction system will activate. Left wheel sensor has been replaced, harnesses have been adjusted. Nothing has helped long term. I finally read an article about a part that might solve the problems.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3828/is_200604/ai_n16139231

Basically there is a part under the driver's seat that controls the electrical system. Anyone hear of this? My mechanic is going to try to replace it this week and see if this solves the problem. I will post again and let you know if it works.
  • jacklin30jacklin30 Member Posts: 14
    When you find out what the fix is, would you please let me know? I will check with my dealer as well.
  • nosuvyetnosuvyet Member Posts: 72
    I need to replace the driver's window switch. Does anyone know how to access it? It looks like the oval panel surrounding the window switches comes off, but I don't want to start prying blindly and risk breaking something else. Do I need to remove the whole door panel instead?

Thanks.
  • cmccullcmccull Member Posts: 33
    I received this notice in the mail today from Buick:
    General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the front wheel bearing(s). If the front wheel bearing(s) require replacement due to premature wear on your 2002 Buick Rendezvous within 5 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge.
  • claire4claire4 Member Posts: 5
    The paint on the hood of my 2002 Rendezvous has been bubbling ever since I got it new. They kept saying they would not fix it until it got worse. Well this year it is all the way through. Warranty company says they will not pay for it because it is an aluminum hood and it is not rust, it is oxidization (same thing??) I spoke to the manager and said I had just finished paying for the new air conditioner that is still covered under warranty 7 years, 120,000 km.(but because Buick issued a technical service bulletin on the bracket that holds it, they would not cover it. Also, during the same 3 months I have had the driver's window switch go and the motor on the back windshield). These were covered but not for all the labor. Warranty company said it should take 20 minutes to diagnose and fix-dealership said 1 hour each for each problem- so I got stuck with the bill-even though the car is still under warranty. GREAT CAR. Beautiful to drive when it works. I have been trying to sell it-but nobody wants it. Thanks Buick!!
  • nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    I recieved a letter from Buick yesterday advising owners that Buick will pay for fixing the front wheeling bearing that "howl", "groan", or make noise at speeds over 10 MPH.
    If you had paid for such a repair, Buick would reimburse you.

They were clear to say this is NOT a recall.
    I believe its a 'special policy ' thing that covers repair of wheel bearings in 2002-2004 years for 5 years/60,000 miles regardless of ownership.
    Big deal- what 2002 doesn't have 60000 mi. on it? It sounds like they are giving us something until you think about it. Ours has more miles than that. :mad: