Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• lswaidzlswaidz Member Posts: 92
    I'm not sure what the law is by you, but here in IL if your vehicle spends more than 30 business days in service, it is considered a lemon. It doesn't matter how many times a certain component is fixed, although there is a version of the law that deals w/ fixing certain components multiple times. If I were you I would sit down w/ a specialty lawyer, usually they don't even charge you anything until the issue is resolved and MOST of the time dealerships will just kind of do everything under the table so they don't make their service look bad.

~Lance
  • jk27jk27 Member Posts: 244
    In Wisconsin ... A new vehicle, no more than a year old and still under warranty, is a lemon if it has a serious defect the dealer can't fix in four tries, or if it has one or many defects that prevent you from using it for 30 days or more (the 30 days need not be consecutive). I believe these must occur within the first year.

Check the internet ... there are lots of good consumer sites about Lemon Law -- you really do not need to see an attorney (hey, I'm an attorney -- trust me ;)
  • john325john325 Member Posts: 237
    Thanks guys for the info. - jk27, how much time clicked-off on the clock: What do I owe you? ;-)

Anyway, I just got some clarification on my situation from my private mechanic; he's not from Buick, but he's one of the best guys around in our area. The additional part being changed is the "transfer case", not the transaxle. He informed me that the transmission & trans-axle are the same thing. Shows what I know. But the transfer case is the same as the awd unit which is what I had previously mentioned was having the minor leaks.

So, they're replacing the transmission & the transfer case. My mechanic said it is unlikely that a bad transfer case would cause the transmission to go bad as the service writer at Buick surmised. As I've only heard of one other person here on this forum having tranny problems, I'm thinking this is an anomaly for the rdv - at least lets hope so.

We really have been pleased w/ the RDV so it's not likely we'll pursue the lemon stuff, but thanks again Lance & jk27 for your help.

fedlawman: Are you hanging low for a while? Haven't seen any recent posts of yours which is not normal. Hope you're okay.

John B.
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    I'm still around...just not as active as I used to be.

It's good to hear from you again.

We've got over 25K on our RDV and we still love it...we still get lots of compliments on the Buick.

My wife works 2 days/week and when she works, her carpool buddies always ask if she can drive.
    Fedlawman: glad to hear all is well w/ you. Sounds like we have about the same exact mileage: we're just under 26k. My wife just got a Ford Windstar yesterday as a loaner - she'll use that until we get the RDV back. Look forward to seeing/hearing you on the boards.

Karen: I took a quick look at that link. It's a great one for anyone needing that kind of relief. For California, the coverage period is 18 mos. or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first. While we're just about at 18 mos., we're well past the 18k miles. - As I mentioned yesterday, we are real happy w/ the car, & this tranny/transfer case thing has only been present for a week or two. So once repaired, we feel the car will be all the better - new tranny & all. Thanks again for the link.

John B.
  • gpantelgpantel Member Posts: 2
    I've recently experienced a problem with my 2002 RDV CXL AWD (26,000 miles), i.e. yesterday and about two weeks ago, when the engine was cold in the a.m., the vehicle basically couldn't get out of its own way, as if it were stuck in high gear. When I hit the gas pedal to start from a dead stop, the car barely accelerated. After a short while (about 5 minutes), the problem went away; and, of course, would not present itself when I took it to the dealer to check it out. It's happened only twice, but is disconcerting. Right now, the vehicle is at the dealer who is trying to check it out, and who did say something about a preliminary bulletin from GM regarding a computer sensor which they may address.

Anyone have a similar problem or thoughts regarding a solution?
  • paulmlacpaulmlac Member Posts: 27
    Anyone put a trailer hitch on their RDV?

The hitch place by my house says the car shows only a class III being available with a 3,500 lbs tow rating.

I checked the websites of Draw-Tite and Reese. Draw-Tite shows the class III / 3,500 lbs. Reese shows a class II / 3,500 lbs.

Anyone have any experience with this Reese hitch? Or does anyone know why Draw-Tite is only making Class III for the RDV?

Thanks!
  • foilman1foilman1 Member Posts: 1
    I put a tow hitch on my 2002 RDV, and was told by two dealers that the only available hitch was a Class III Draw-Tite, so I put that on, even though I didn't need such heavy duty towing capacity.
  • duke36duke36 Member Posts: 15
    I installed a class 2 3500lbs-rated tow hitch on my 2002 RDV- after researching that even the class 3 is still rated at 3500lbs for the RDV - so why pay the extra $$ and carry the extra weight forever? I asked myself.
    The class 3 2x2 does offer for a greater variety of hitch attachment however.
    Nevertheless, 3500lbs is the rating with the tow package option.
    Well, we're still waiting to get our RDV back. We were last told that the transfer case came in last Thursday, and they were suppose to have it fixed by this past Monday. Since we didn't hear a word from the service dept., I called them late this afternoon. They said now they've found out that the bearing (?) between the tranny and the transfer case also has to be changed. They claim the part arrived and that we'll have it back next Monday. I don't mind them finding additional things and getting them fixed, but what's annoying is not hearing a thing from the service dept in a whole week, especially since they promised us the car last Monday. Sounds like Fedlawman & Lance have a better Buick Service Dept. than we do. Oh well...

In the meantime, we are grateful for the Ford Windstar loaner they are letting us use... I'll keep you all posted.
    Sorry about your woes.

Your service complaints are valid. You shouldn't have to hound them for info. It shows poor attention to detail...if the service writer can't remember to follow up with you, you have to wonder what else he/she might be forgetting.

Are you sure you didn't bring your RDV to a Honda/Acura dealer by mistake?
    Hey Brian,

Nice to hear from you. Yeah, my Buick service dept. seems to be a bit lackluster. Lance and you have my service dept. beat hands-down! The manager there is a real nice, personable guy. I'm not sure if he's aware of the "experience" we've been having. I'll be sure to pay him a visit before we check-out w/ our RDV next week.

I'm guessing, in the meantime, we've probably logged in about 1,000 miles on the 2 rent-a-cars they've been letting us use; so that's a plus. We have that many less miles on our RDV.

As you know, our 9er's didn't do well last week, nor did Steve Mariucci. So for the time being, I'm with Raider5 and rooting for our team across the bay...

John B.
    Go Raiders!

Btw, guys (cwj, buzzbo,fedlawman, etc.) remember when Raider5 told us his wife hated the RDV and didn't want to buy it, only to tell us a day later that he was kidding... that was probably one of the best, if not the best, pranks done here on the RDV forum. Take care & enjoy the games!
    Okay, so yesterday, after 24 days without our RDV, we finally got it back. They replaced the transmission, transfer case, and the bearing that goes between the trannny & the transfer case.

But somehow, the service dept. seems to have damaged the steering rack. So now there are "flat spots" in the steering and the steering wheel is very, very stiff. My wife can no longer make the U-turn in front of our home in one shot like she used to; she has to go back & forth to get clearance. My mechanic is surmising that they put weight on the wheels when the sub-cross frames weren't in place.

So now we have another rental van; a new Chevy Astro Van I might add. We've also asked them if there's a fix yet on the clock that's losing time. They'll let us know.

Other than that, everything's going fine! And oh by the way - I made a mistake on our mileage. When we brought the RDV in on 12/30 for the tranny work, it had about 29k on it rather than 26k. So we were only 7k away from going out of warranty. Wheeewwwww... Also Fedlawman, we have a few thou more than you on our RDV. If they service our RDV long enough, you're liable to catch us.

John B.
    Go Raiders!
  • nosuvyetnosuvyet Member Posts: 72
    Anyone out there with the HUD, I'd appreciate if you could try something for me. Whenever I do a radio scan (not a pre-set station scan), most times when the tuner stops on a station, the dashboard will show the correct station, say 95.3, but the HUD will be "behind" showing 94.7 or 95.1, for example. It happens on both AM & FM. A minor annoyance, but I would like to know if it's just my vehicle, in which case it can be fixed, or if it's an unfortunate "glitch" that's common to their HUD system in general. Thanks in advance.
  • ambcaz1ambcaz1 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the fuel gauge. Randomly the gauge rapidly goes to F (even though I dont have a full tank of gas) then collapses to E and the low fuel warning light comes on and pings incesently. I have to stop turn off the car and restart the car to get the light to go off.
  • togajazztogajazz Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had a problem with the stock tires on the Buick Rendezvous? Any suggestions for replacements?
    nosuvyet said, "Anyone out there with the HUD, I'd appreciate if you could try something for me. Whenever I do a radio scan (not a pre-set station scan), most times when the tuner stops on a station, the dashboard will show the correct station, say 95.3, but the HUD will be "behind" showing 94.7 or 95.1, for example. It happens on both AM & FM. A minor annoyance, but I would like to know if it's just my vehicle, in which case it can be fixed, or if it's an unfortunate "glitch" that's common to their HUD system in general."

I have a 2002 RDV CXL and I checked this on mine. When I do a radio scan (up or down), my HUD is not "behind" the radio, like you describe. The HUD displays the same station as the radio, very very close in terms of timing. Hope this helps.
    Thanks. Just to be sure we're comparing apples to apples, the scan I'm doing is where I hold down the scan button just once for a few seconds and let it cycle through all the stations by itself rather than hit the button repeatedly for each successive station. It works fine in the latter case, but not in the former.

If you're doing it the first way as I am, then it's an item for the next service call. Let me know. Thanks.
    nosuvyet:

Thanks for clarifying. I redid my test using the Scan button on the radio itself (holding it down 'til it beeps). This scans all stations, not just presets. Sure enough, the HUD is displaying a frequency which is "behind" the frequency shown on the radio. However, if you hit the Scan button again, to cancel the scan, the HUD instantly displays the correct station frequency. An odd little glitch!

This does not occur if you use the preset scan on the steering wheel, or the station seek button (up or down) on the steering wheel.

Hope this helps.
    jk27....

Yes, it does. Thanks. I guess it's a defect.

It's a minor annoyance when I'm scanning and look at the HUD when I hear something I like, so I can tune back to the station if I'm too late in canceling the scan. My simple mind was easily confused when I would tune in the frequency the HUD told me, only to find static. Now I know I just have to tune just forward of the frequency I saw on the HUD.

Thanks for your help.
  • milligan3milligan3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    We are trying to find out if anyone else has had problems like this: engine has died three times when making a left turn after slowing rapidly. Engine has died three times when moving at very slow speeds in a parking lot while attempting to park. Engine has died once while driving very slowly and straight. Dealer has been unable to duplicate problem and I'm beginning to feel just a little bit on the unsafe side.
    If anyone has had any thing resembling this, please email me at jmillig2@midsouth.rr.com.
    Thanks a lot!
  • snuzone66snuzone66 Member Posts: 6
    Hello All - it has been about a year since I have posted a message. Sorry about that but been enjoying life with the Rendezvous.

Last spring I had the wipers on during a light rain. I switched from delay to low. Upon switching back to delay - the wipers continued at low speed. I then switched to high and the wipers went fast; switched again to delay and they were back at normal; in the OFF position they continued at normal speed. I pulled over and turned the Rendezvous off and upon restart the wipers continued to go (while switch in off position). I decided I would drive immediately over to the dealership and present them with this issue and a small list of others (weatherstripping coming unattached; clock losing time; radio volume inexplicably getting louder and/or lower and it seems that I would have to turn the dial from "cold" back to "hot" to get hot heat - it would be just warm until I figured out this little trick).

So I arrive at the dealership where I purchased the Rendezvous and got to meet the new service manager. I was NOT impressed. Anyway - showed him the problem with the wiper - he moved the switch around ALSO and saw that the wipers would not go off or to delay. I mentioned the other problems to him. I then asked if the car had to be there for any length of time I would like a loaner (as our salesman assured me that I would be entitled to one if the Rendezvous ever had to be in service for a length of time). The service manager looked incredulously at me and said "We don't give loaners". I told him what the salesman told me six months prior and his reply to that was "Well, he's not here anymore and we don't do that". Alrighty then - I went to go sit.

After sitting for over an hour the SM called me into his office and closed his door - never EVER experienced that before. He asked me to have a seat and began to speak to me like I was a very young, stupid female. First explanation was the clock radio - it is normal to get louder when stepping on the gas and lower when stepping on the brake. My reply: Okay - so why does it do it while at steady speed on interstate? His reply: It doesn't - I must not hear it properly. Next: It is normal for ALL digital clocks to lose time. My reply: I had a Buick for five years prior to the Rendezvous with digital clock and it NEVER lost time. Told him about what I had read at Edmunds re: the clock issue. His reply: Buick is not familiar with this issue and since it's not a Buick message board - doesn't matter. Next: Cannot duplicate the heat issue - bring back another time. Next (and my favorite) Windshield Wipers: Well, Mrs. Snuzone66 - the technician got into the vehicle and noticed that you didn't have the switch in the Off position. When he got in and turned the car on, he put the switch to off and the wipers went off. My reply: MY MOUTH DROPPED!!!! I told him how I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked and that I had owned the vehicle for over six months and was capable of operating the switch. I pointed out the fact that HE TOO played with the switch. His reply: I didn't turn it back all the way and must be you didn't either.

I took my keys and left there FUMING. I have NEVER been spoken to in such a condescending manner by anyone in a customer relation-type position before. I called my husband and bit#@% like you wouldn't believe. I called Buick the next day and complained about this so-called Service Manager. They took note but I doubt anything ever happened - in fact I mentioned to the customer relation person at Buick about the Edmunds discussion regarding the clocks losing time and he put me on hold and came back and said there is nothing in their system about clocks losing time.

Needless to say - anything that my Buick has needed I have relied on my trusty mechanic - which, knock on wood, has only been oil changes!!!!

BUT tonight it was raining heavy - after driving the Buick for about 15 minutes I moved the switch from low to delay. GUESS WHAT!!!! THE WIPERS WOULDN'T GO OFF. I was kinda excited! My husband was with me and when we got to our destination I turned off the Rendezvous and restarted - wipers still going. My husband came around and played with the swich and believe me - I MADE SURE I TURNED THAT SUCKER ALL THE WAY BACK UNTIL IT "SNAPPED" BACK. The blades still would not turn off. We did our errands and when we got back to the car about 1/2 hour later the wipers were off. BUT on the way home the same thing - after about 10 minutes this time the wipers wouldn't go off.

Sorry for the long story but the thought of that jerk from last year made me mad and I wanted to give you all some background - not that you all needed it. There is another Buick dealership in my area but I had called them once to inquire about something and he asked if I purchased the Rendezvous from them. I told him no and he didn't seem that interested in my call after that - so I'm hesistant to go to that particular dealership.

Has anyone else had this problem before??? AGain I apologize for taking up so much eye time.

Snuz
  • melsnymelsny Member Posts: 35
    To Snuzone66: I've reported that the clock does lose about 1 minute per week. I find that it isn't quite that bad in cold weather. Buick does have my complaint in their system and they've verified that to me. I was told last winter that they would have a fix by summer but they didn't.

The only problem that I've had with the wipers is when I accidentally installed 24" blades on both sides. The front passenger side needs a 22" blade. That's very important as you can have a potential jam in a rainstorm if you put 24" on both sides.

The radio is supposed to get louder as you gain speed. You can control this function by setting the radio preference controls. Check your manual.

I wouldn't put up with that service manager. Either see dealership management or go to another dealership for service. There's no connection between sales and service and I also have a Pontiac which has never been back to the selling dealership's service dept. I regularly take it to another one.

Mel
  • cpm1cpm1 Member Posts: 3
    2002 RDV purchased December 2002.
    When the hvac is set to the vents and the temperature is set to hot the air flow decreases to 25% (decrease of 75%) of when it is on cold and there is excessive noise. It is going through additional venting in the dashboard.
    Brought it in for service and they checked the 2003 units on the lot and found the same issue and the dealership chalked it up to the following. When you switch to hot the air flows through additional venting decreasing the air flow. It's a design problem they cannot do anything about. Why would GM not correct this problem, it is so obvious especially in the colder climates where the heater is used fairly often.
  • cpm1cpm1 Member Posts: 3
    The rear hatch struts will not automatically raise the hatch in cold weather. You have to push the hatch up manually but it will stay up once it is there.
    The dealer said that the newer units on the lot do the same thing and couldn't do anything further. GM sure doesn't seem to be correcting design flaws.
    Other than these issues the RDV is pretty good.
  • lg616lg616 Member Posts: 2
    nosuvyet wrote:Anyone out there with the HUD, I'd appreciate if you could try something for me. Whenever I do a radio scan (not a pre-set station scan), most times when the tuner stops on a station, the dashboard will show the correct station, say 95.3, but the HUD will be "behind" showing 94.7 or 95.1, for example. It happens on both AM & FM. A minor annoyance, but I would like to know if it's just my vehicle, in which case it can be fixed, or if it's an unfortunate "glitch" that's common to their HUD system in general.

I just bought my Rendezvous on Saturday and discovered the same problem. Have you had your service department look at this yet?
  • jess33jess33 Member Posts: 13
    At 12,000 miles on my RDV AWD CX w/ Versatrak, I was told by the dealer during routine maint. that my tranny fluid was "burnt". They did a complete flush, covered under warranty, and stated that they saw no other issues with the tranny.

At 14,000 I was driving and began hearing a loud clunking out of the front end of the vehicle, the AWD disable light came on, and a anti-lock brake light. The RDV was picked up by the delaership on a flatbed. Both wheel bearings, pass and driver were replaced. When questioned the service adviser stated they were worn as a result of defective parts.

The services adviser stated the two issues are not related. Does any one else have another opinion?. This is the vehicles first winter, and it's been a tough one in New England. I cannot disable the Versatrak, it comes off and on as road conditions warrant. I am wondering if this system is reliable. I am seriously considering dumping this vehicle. This appears to be seriously premature wear for the mileage. Anyone else out there with bearing and tranny problems???
  • 2ndrdv2ndrdv Member Posts: 4
    Hi, new to these forums, not Rendezvous'. This is my second one in as many years. First one got totalled (rear-ended).

My issue is the HUD (I didn't have one on the '02). When the car is started I get the Buick logo OK then the radio station and speed. But, for the first 2 to 20 minutes the radio will display incorrectly. It will only display the station if the volume is changed and the station it displays is the one that was on when the car was turned off. After the 1 to 20 minutes the correct station will display, without touching any controls.

I told the dealer about it on my first oil change. After they checked it out they said "it was designed that way". I think the answers bogus. I can't imagine an engineer designing in something like that.

Anyone else have similar problems?
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    Whenever they say "they all do it" or "it was designed that way,"
    ask to check out one of the new ones in stock. Take it for a drive...,
    take it home for the evening or weekend, could be suggested to let them
    know you're serious about really checking into the validity of their
    statement...

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Haven't brought it in for just that. It's on the list for next oil change time. In a month or so. I'll let you know. And vice-versa I hope?
  • lg616lg616 Member Posts: 2
    It sounds like this is happening to a few of us. It's a little disheartening to have something go wrong within 2 days of owning the car (even if it is rather minor)! This site was so helpful before deciding to purchase the car. I'm hoping all this problem sharing will help get all the little glitches taken care of as well! Sounds like you might be due for service before me. I'll be curious to find out what they say!
  • cfocfocfocfo Member Posts: 147
    "Hi, new to these forums, not Rendezvous'. This is my second one in as many years. First one got totalled (rear-ended)."

2ndrdv, it speaks well that you got another RDV after the first one was totalled.

Question, did you have the third row seat in the first RDV ? And if yes, was anybody in it at the time of the accident ?
    Yes, it had a 3rd row seat. No, no one was in it. I usually have (had?) it down and just use it as needed. I'm real glad there wasn't anyone there as I'm sure they would have been hurt pretty bad. As it was, all 3 kids got admitted for minor bumps, back pain, etc. but we all walked away.

It seemed to take the hit pretty good. We were hit by a pickup with a plow frame at about 35mph. I saw him coming in the rear view mirror.

It was weird having an opportunity to look for another car so close behind the first purchase. The Pilot wasn't available the first time around (I had a '96 Odyssey). I looked at it on Edmunds and figured it was worth a test drive. Went to talk to my local Honda dealer and they told me I could try one in about 6 weeks.

After further research, I decided that the Buick still fit my needs best: size; AWD; mileage; comfortable ride (36k on the '02 after 13 mos). I was willing to put up with GM's issues like the HUD and passenger side tilt mirror. Most of the other things seem to be OK.

My wife says it's ugly, I say at least it's not an Aztec.
  • cfocfocfocfo Member Posts: 147
    You seeing him coming in the rear view mirror ... there's nothing worse than that split second before impact !
    I hope the insurance companies treated you right.

Regarding your "opportunity" to look for another car so close behind the first purchase. Opportunity ? For me it's a research chore that I'm happy it only has to be done twice, (1 is to aid my wife) every 8 or 9 years ....... sans an accident, knock on wood. Also, a BIG thanks to EDMUNDS for this forum and research tool !

Happy to hear that you and your kids were OK.
  • tmakogontmakogon Member Posts: 74

02-07-30-039; Firm transmission shifts, shudder/chuggle, transmission won’t downshift on deceleration, service engine soon light illuminated, DTC P0742 Set (perform diagnostics and replace TCC PWM Solenoid); 2003 Buick Rendezvous with 4T65-E Transaxle

02-08-49-011; Console air deflectors inoperative, broken or missing, door latch broken (replace appropriate component); 2002-03 Buick Rendezvous

02-01-38-004; Air conditioning is not cold enough (replace condenser); 2002 Buick Rendezvous

02-01-39-008; A/C compressor inoperative, a/c cycles too often, insufficient cooling, DTC P0530 (replace a/c high pressure valve); 2002-03 Buick Rendezvous with Mitsubishi air compressor

02-08-44-022; Static noise heard in radio speakers (install capacitor into rear differential clutch check valve circuit); 2002-03 Buick Rendezvous with All Wheel Drive
    I think I have seen this posted here before. The issue is when the passenger side mirror tilt in reverse feature is turned on the mirror, over time, will not return to its original position. This was a BIG problem in my '02 (may it RIP). After 3 or 4 days you would be looking at the sky.

The dealer replaced both the mirror and sending unit, to no avail. I got in the habit of hitting the memory button to reset it.

Now my '03 is starting to do it. It was OK for the first month or so, but now I notice it's out of alignment after a week, or so.

Of course, this is a non-reproducible problem at the dealer's. I have sat there going from drive to reverse 15 or 20 times and it won't happen. Ignore it for a couple of days and you're scouring the skies.

I have always wondered why when you unlock the door with the fob it doesn't reset it. The manual says that the fob will reset everything to Driver 1 or 2. The dealer hasn't a clue.

Anyone else have this problem?
  • wws2wws2 Member Posts: 23
    There were some helpful postings on the recalcitrant auto-tilting passenger mirror on this board a year or so ago. To fix, one has to go into the DIC and reset the mirror logic. Perhaps someone can find the post? It worked like a charm in our RDV.
  • olrdvolrdv Member Posts: 53
    For a 35k car with the trailing package, I was surprised that it did not have the hitch. Dealer asked for almost 700 dollars for hitch and installation including taxes.
    I place an order the www.gmpartsdirect.com for $228.20 + 20% SH.
    Does anyone here have installed a GM hitch? Any instructions or figures? All the GM sites just show pictures of installed ones.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have found most car makers that offer "trailering packages" only include wiring and oil and transmission coolers. I know that's the case on this car. I think you've already found the best bet, a Hidden Hitch, or some other brand. My dealer arranged to have it installed, the cost was the similar to the figure you mentioned.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Enter 46 in the "Go to Msg#" box.
  • pibirdmanpibirdman Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone changed their fuel filter. Where is it located? Also, has anyone had problems with the turning knob on the side of the drivers seat falling off? We have had it in the dealer once for it and it still doesnt stay on.
    I just took my RDV in for an oil change and had some warranty bugs addressed.

These bugs included the falling lumbar adjustment knob, slightly confused memory mirrors, and a wandering compass. I also have a buzz in the passenger side of the rear cargo area over textured pavement and road "dots"...I'll fix that one myself.

Broken clips on the knob caused it to fall off and a new knob is on order, as are new motors for the power mirrors (per TSB). The compass simply needed to be recalibrated (drive around in a circle three times).

I also have a slow clock, but rather than risk opening pandoras box, I prefer to just set it 2 or 3 minutes ahead of my wristwatch whenever I notice it's more than a few minutes off...no biggie.

Oh yeah, my wife backed into a partially concealed electrical breaker box last month and put a nice mark on the rear bumper (good thing the plastic is grey underneath the paint)...and then last week, her mom ground the front bumper into a yellow painted concrete post. Thank goodness for polishing compound.

29,000 miles and going strong...
  • mnfish1mnfish1 Member Posts: 14
    hi just took my 2003 rdv in to local mn dealer john hirsh cambridge...found a little rock that was making the scretch noise...it is a wonder what those great mechanics can do....wonderfull!!!
  • luvtherdvluvtherdv Member Posts: 1
    rdv has 6500 miles, absolutely love the ride and space but all four windows have a tight fit and have scratched and etched marks in glass from putting windows up & down. You can actually hear the windows getting scratched as they move. Anyone else notice this problem?
    I definitely do not have that problem. If I did I would certainly make an appointment with the dealer for repair/replacement -- sooner than later.
  • aehoppaehopp Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone else have a car that sounds like a wind tunnel? I purchased mine in Feb, it's been in the shop 2 times. I have a high pitched wind noise coming from somewhere around the top of the frame or windows. It's driving me crazy. They've tried adjusting the doors, checking the window seals and putting filler goop around the door seals. No solution. Any suggestions? This is my first Buick, and I'm very disappointed with their definition of "luxury".
    I have had very few problems/glitches with my 2002 RDV CXL, however the lumbar adjustment knob did fall off (and apparently it has for several others of us). I'll have this fixed at the next service appointment.

Anybody experienced the sunroof stuttering/stopping when it opens? It doesn't happen all the time (seems more prevalent in warm weather).
  • philly88philly88 Member Posts: 45
    With regards to the wind noise, I've noticed it too, but only sometimes. A high pitched wistle. I find things like this annoying too. But with the radio very low the whistle is all but gone. I've had wind noise on other vehicles and know that the dealers rarely can get to the bottom of it. It doesn't seem to always be there. I am thinking that it may have to do with the direction of the wind and possibly a result of the body clading or mirror rather than the rubber seal. My seals seem good and tight.

All and all it isn't detracting from my fondness of my new ride. Its GREAT.
  • aehoppaehopp Member Posts: 3
    I think my whistle is more of a "fluttering" sound... it's intermitten too. But now I'm always listening for it and can't stop obsessing! My seals are good, I think it's an engineering flaw in the design. Any idea what GM's return policy looks like? ha ha ha.