Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Can you provide a breakdown? OTD prices are good for bottom lines at the dealership, but they're not useful if you want to know how the price stacks up with others (due to differing taxes, fees, etc.).
  • Options
    my3psmy3ps Member Posts: 6
    Follow up with final pricing. We ended up going with the EX from Northwest Honda in MD. My husband didn't want to pay the extra for the EX-L and they didn't have the EX-L in the color we wanted. I really wanted the EX-L but I am happy with our EX purchase. I couldn't believe it but the salesmen even pushed us into the EX. He didn't try to up sell us at all. GREAT experience there.

EX - Crystal Black Pearl w/truffle interior
    $26,294 Base (including destination, no charge for mud flaps & wheel locks)
    $199 Dealer Processing
    $1020 6% tax (have no idea why so little, we did have a trade but that still doesn't make this number work out)
    $273 title & tags
    $27,786 OTD

We did purchase a 10yr/100k warranty for $1799...it's from Warranty Solutions. We didn't have a chance to do any research on this but we can still cancel it if we want to, kinda second guessing this now. I know I can get a much cheaper warranty from a Honda Care aftermarket dealer just a little shorter.
  • Options
    x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Congratulation on your new Odyssey. Yes, cancel that warranty and stick with Honda Care. :)
  • Options
    jeff2012jeff2012 Member Posts: 1
    hi morfys, what accessories are included in your purchase?
  • Options
    shennemanshenneman Member Posts: 2
    Our dealer in nj has 52 ex-l on the lot, and my husband stopped over just to look and the guy who was on his way out the door offered 27900 or something close to 28,000. If that's their first offer, how much more could we possibly get off? The list is like 35,000. I don't care about leather etcso a more base model would have been ok. I actually wanted the DVD system, they only have 7 of those, so I doubt we'd get a great deal on the ex-l res.

Our other option is a Mazda 9 which can be had top line for the price of a basic odyssey.

What to do?

Also consumerreports doesn't recommend odyssey because of reliability... Any comment on that?
  • Options
    samt2samt2 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking around for a EXL and the best offer I got is $29,700 in NJ. Could you please provide us the dealer information.
  • Options
    odyboy2012odyboy2012 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Shenneman & Samt2

Can you please share that dealer info with me I an from NJ too
    in market for an Odyssey EX-L preferably with RES
    but not mandatory will decide based on the prize

I am planning to visit dealers this Saturday

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    shennemanshenneman Member Posts: 2
    Planethonda in union nj on rt 22. I wasn't there so hopefully my husband heard the guy right, but over 50 exls should mean good negotiations. Only a few comparably with res or nav
  • Options
    I got the quote from Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell.
  • Options
    maddux0829maddux0829 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your info. I live in NNJ and look for EX-L as well.Now just need to compared Pros/Cons between Honda and Toyota. Prefer Honda more.
  • Options
    gr2012gr2012 Member Posts: 4
    Any ideas what is a good deal? I got following quotes (includes destination)

1) Touring : $36,750 - $37,250
    2) Touring Elite : $38,750-$39,250

Do I buy now or wait for 2013 model to come in?

Thanks,
    G
  • Options
    trabatraba Member Posts: 9
    I just purchased and paid $35098 for a touring in NJ. It was $34798 but they didnt have the color combo I wanted. I paid $300 to get it. The 2013's won't be as discounted. I purchased August 6th.
  • Options
    tominohtominoh Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone - I am new to this site and am hoping for some help. My wife and I are looking for the best price on a 2012 Honda Odyssey EXL. We live in OH. Can anyone share specific details about where they bought this car, the price they paid, and the salesperson's name? I'd like to provide a quote to a sales guy here in OH to match the price. It seems several on this board have paid around $31K.. what a great deal!

Thank you in advance for helping!
  • Options
    ahmom2ahmom2 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Looking @ buying new 2012 Odyssey Touring or EXL. Here are the quotes I received...OTD on Exl Res including taxes, destination, fees is 35,212 and OTD on Touring including taxes, destination, fees is 39679. All weather mats, cargo tray and mud flaps additional $790. This was an Internet quote and I was told this is the best they could do. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a better price or is this a good deal?
  • Options
    minivanbuyer7minivanbuyer7 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Los Angeles area and would like to share quote I received today.
    MFP is $37455.00. Lowest quote I got was $31995.00 + Tax & License.
    The methods to get the quote was through Edmund.com and requesting quote.
    Is this good price? It seems like cost is a way below than dealer invoice price.
  • Options
    psomupsomu Member Posts: 3
    Bought a new ex-l dark cherry pearl today from pohanka of fredericksburg. Paid 29,851 + 399 + tags & tax. OTD is $31,225. Got the 0.9% & total process took 1 hr. No cross selling & crap. No dealer in DC area was willing to match this price.
  • Options
    csr2csr2 Member Posts: 1
    Did you include the tax&tags in the OTD price 31,225 ? or did you have any trade in?
  • Options
    Yes. I just bought a Odyssey EX. OTD price is $29K. I am also in the Los Angeles area. :)
  • Options
    psomupsomu Member Posts: 3
    31,225 includes everything. I did not have a trade in.
    Base price:29,851
    Proc fee:399
    Taxes:920
    Title & Tags: 55

Total:31,225. (Financed at 0.9% for 60 mo)
  • Options
    dexchavedexchave Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I live in san diego county. Where in LA is this dealership?
    Im looking for Exl and Spreen Honda so far has given me the lowest
    Quotation
  • Options
    zimmerjfzimmerjf Member Posts: 6
    Long time follower of the forum but first time posting. Looking to buy Odyssey EXL with RES

I've emailed with all the dealers in Cincinnati and the best OTD including taxes(6.5%) I am getting is $33,500. No dealer installed options.

Has anyone seen or received a better offer?
  • Options
    Try Sierra Honda in Monrovia, good luck. :)
  • Options
    ohbuyerdj14ohbuyerdj14 Member Posts: 1
    I live in Columbus, but I am in Cincinnati all the time and am not opposed to buying a car down there. Which dealer were you able to get the price from 37455 to 33,500 OTD and how did you go about getting these prices from your dealers. I can always try that here in Columbus first. I am looking for the EX-L RES. Let me know. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Just purchased EX-L from Planet Honda in NJ. The Sales Guy Steven is nice and easy to deal with.

Base $28,900
    Destination $830
    Doc Fee $399
    ProPack and Etching $371( This is a ripoff, not even worth $50)
    +TTL
  • Options
    bmwmerisawaribmwmerisawari Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer gave you the best offer In Cincinnati?
  • Options
    robcalpolyrobcalpoly Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite MSRP 44,655 + dealers optional price 46,600 for 38800 in Los Angeles.
  • Options
    sridevsridev Member Posts: 1
    This forum is verymuch helpful for my purchase of Touring. I am in Bentonville, AR area and getting great deal is bit difficult.

I just bought yesterday from Fayettville Honda Dealer for below price.

Base Price: $36,000 (including Destination fee $830)
    Gap Insurance: $550
    Taxes : $2160
    ------------
    $38,710 (OTD) I might have pay for Title and Registration.

I hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    morfysmorfys Member Posts: 2
    didn't get any extra accessories
  • Options
    rashidranarashidrana Member Posts: 4
    Can you please share your quote with me? I am in the process of negotiating price of odyssey with a local dealer in dallas area.

highly appreciated!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    looking4help1looking4help1 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a 2012 Touring or Touring Elite in the Atlanta metro area. Got a quote of ~ 36k for the Touring and ~38,500 for the Elite. Just wondering if these prices are in the ballpark or if anyone has done substantially better. Dealer wanted $650 for all "all weather mat package" and $850 destination charges. Seems excessive to me.
  • Options
    jherrinjherrin Member Posts: 1
    Can you give me the name of the sales person you dealt with? I am currently talking to them about a 2012 EX-L and the price quoted by Chaise is $30,851 base. Thanks --
  • Options
    hodyshodys Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a 2012 Odyssey EXL with navigation, what is the best price out there? A dealership quoted me $33,000 before tax and license.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Samt2, I met planet Honda guys too on this Saturday & they offered me EX-L for 34,539$ OTD price which includes 995$ some dealership fee
    but I was able to bring that down to 32,600$ but They didn't have smoky topaz color so haven't got my vehicle on Saturday

Do you guts think 32,600$ for 2012 EX-L is a good deal?

Or 34,253$ for EX-L w/RES is a good one?( btw this is just a oTD quote price not the final OTD price

Appreciate your suggestions
  • Options
    I guess $32,600 OTD is good compared to what I paid, the $995 is the propack option, it is not worth the price. I think you still have some room to negotiate.
  • Options
    What was your OTD price & did they charge you that pro pack 995$ too?

May I know the total break of your deal, I may visit them soon

Thx
  • Options
    zimmerjfzimmerjf Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking to get accessories (installed) and am getting the following prices.

Remote Start - $730
    All Season Weather mats - $214
    Body Molding - $294
    Cross bars with Roof rails - $480

Total: $1718 (Installed)

The MSRP from Hondas website is $1264.

What % off of MSRP could I get and what is reasonable for install on the Remote start/Molding/Cross bars and Roof rails??

Has anyone seen better pricing? What could I get?
  • Options
    nkastingnkasting Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in Phoenix, AZ, and am picking up my EX-L RES in Smokey Topaz tonight :) I was able to get them down to a vehicle price of $32,530 (includes the wheel locks/tint/cargo liner and destination). I probably could have gone $200 lower but they gave me a great deal on my old trade in. Go ready the Odyclub.com forum for prices, there is a lot of info there. Good Luck!
  • Options
    arvinth1arvinth1 Member Posts: 2
    Got a negotiated quote for $36500 + dest + TTL. Is that a good price for Touring Elite?.
  • Options
    bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    It is a very good price
  • Options
    I paid $37,700 + Tax and License = $41400 OTD. This was the lowest I could get for a Touring Elite, so your quote is even better go for it.
  • Options
    theddygtheddyg Member Posts: 3
    wow! $36500, what a great price.
    where are you guy's getting those deals? got a quote from a local dealer $44708

here's the offer

This vehicle with an automatic transmission sells for $44655 but is available to you through the Fleet and Internet Department for $40831 plus tax and fees.

Your Internet Price is $40831 (this price includes the factory destination charge)

2012 HONDA Odyssey Touring Elite at your Internet price of $40831
    Dealer fees are $527
    Nevada Sales Tax is $3350
    Your Total Cash Internet price is $44708 (no hidden fees, add on's or accessories will be incurred)

What do you think? how much can it go down? this is the first offer btw.

Thanks
  • Options
    Send quote request to more dealers. The price should be lower and do not buy from your first quote.

Good Luck. :)
  • Options
    got another quote $40,628 including dist, but tax and dealer fees NOT included. so i think i still end up at around 44600-45000.
  • Options
    An earlier post from me gives the range I got the quotes for Touring and Touring Elite, from there I could knock off $1300. I did not try too hard or maybe I might have been able to knock off another $200-$300. You can try CA dealers if you are willing to drive. I am sure you can do better than the pricing you are getting at the moment.
  • Options
    thanks! i can drive from there. but do i have to pay the CA tax 9.75% or NV tax 8.1%? Also where do i service the ody?, there or i can do it from any dealer here? because i always do my car service from the dealer i bought my car. May i know what dealer you bought yours?
    Thank you very much
  • Options
    2012odyowner2012odyowner Member Posts: 1
    I found this forum to be very helpful and decided to provide the details of our transaction to assist others.

We purchased a polished metal 2012 Odyssey EX-L with roof rack / x-bars, wheel locks, mud flaps, cargo tray and all season mats.

We originally dealt with Leith Honda and Autopark Honda in Raleigh. We were about to make a purchase from Honda Autopark for OTD price of $33,800. After discovering both dealerships were owned by the same firm, we contacted dealers outside our immediate area just before making the purchase. The additional dealers included Flow Honda (Winston-Salem), Honda of Hickory and Honda of Concord.

1. Flow Honda traded with Autopark and would only met the current price
    2. Honda of Hickory likely did not take us as real customers and offered over $34K
    3. Honda of Concord - after discussions gave us OTD of 32,999.

My wife is 8 months pregnant and did not want a five hour round trip for pickup. (And now you know why it is an Odyssey and not convertible). We were going to wait a day for pickup. To accommodate us, Honda of Concord drove the car to us.

The stats were as follows:

OTD = $32,999

Wheel locks, mud flaps, cargo tray = $271
    Roof Rack/X-bar, Floor Mats = $578

Tax = 959
    Doc = 499
    Title = 72

Base Car = $30,621

Note - We negotiated the car and began adding options. By the end our negotiations were total with the options included. In order to best outline our transaction, I have used option pricing from the Honda website.

We were never able to get close to the deals seen on this forum from New Jersey and California. The North Carolina market is comprised of several large dealer networks (Leith, Hendricks, Sonic, etc). We had a good experience and are happy with the pricing and our purchase.
  • Options
    nettainettai Member Posts: 3
    Can you post the name and location of the dealership please
  • Options
    maddux0829maddux0829 Member Posts: 7
    Hi samt2, I am in the market of getting price from dealer. I wonder how you get that low price. You went into the store in person or internet price? I got 30522 before any fees. Could you share your otd ? Thanks a lot