Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nkmdnkmd Member Posts: 1
    Ourisman Honda Bethesda MD
    2012 EX-L
    Crystal Black Pearl with Truffle
    Vehicle price - $29,387
    Destination fee- $830.00
    Accessories- $200 (splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray)
    Doc fee- $200
    0.9% apr for 60 months

EX-L w/RES was about $1600 more, or 3.2 iPads, so didn't bother.
    Feel reasonably confident on the trade-in. At least insofar as it was $500 above Carmax's offer.
  • sandiegoodysandiegoody Member Posts: 4
    I am getting $31.7 for EXL-Nav. Hoping for better.
  • ilearnilearn Member Posts: 18
    I am getting $33,017 (includes dest. & doc fees) in atlanta area for 2012 EX-L with NAV. Is this a good price?
  • gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    edited September 2012
    FWIW I was quoted $31,738.00 including dest for EX-L Nav (in AZ , not GA), but that was back in July when they had tons of inventory, and I'm not sure if dealer cash is still available.
  • chaganichagani Member Posts: 9
    Is this an Out-the-door price for your in Atlanta? I have been searching EX-L with RES, and the best I have been able to get is $34,900 OTD with protection package (I am in 7% tax county). I am still holding on till end of the month.
    Nope after TTL it comes to $35165. I will wait till the end of the month to see if I can bring it down. This is with Carland. Who is your dealer?
  • cliffucliffu Member Posts: 2
    I just got $30,553 plus $450 in doc, title, prep fees (plus tax of course) for a plain vanilla EX-L.

Can I do better? Have you seen or done better anywhere??

I'm in Boston.

Thanks!
  • thundercrackerthundercracker Member Posts: 14
    hi,
    Several pages back on this thread, i did see somoene who bought from village honda (newton corner) an ex-l for i think just under $30,000 before any additional taxes/fees.
    Try Honda Mall of GA. For reference, two people I know that have purchased their Hondas ('12 CRV EX-L and '12 Odyssey EX-L RES), have bought from them, because they came out with the best prices. The friend with an Odyssey got 35K OTD from them, with protection package including body side moldings. He also mentioned someone who got $34.5K. On odyclub website, someone had mentioned Nelly Honda with around $34K OTD with protection package, but I tried them too, and they didn't come close to Mall of GA.

I will also be waiting till end of the month to see if I can get better than that from them. For me, there is no reason to now shop around outside of this dealership, because of the data points I already have.
    One more thing. The EX-L w/NAV trim is about $500 more than RES, per Honda's website. So I think your Ex-l nav price is decent. I think we should go to a honda dealeship together and force them to give us a best deal collectively,since we are both looking, are serious and in Atlanta :) Let me know if that interests you. The 0.9% financing is running till Oct 31st, but end of the month is approaching.
    I agree, I want to close this before the end of next week. How can we connect? Not sure if I can leave my email id here.
  • sk2012sk2012 Member Posts: 1
    2012 EXL no nav no res, base including dest chrg 29,975. Doc fee 239, no prep fee, no added acc, plus tax, title @ Weymouth Honda, near Boston. Best deal I think, I couldn't do it as I was lazy to drive from NJ. Trust me, my laziness was punished, read below.

I bought mine yesterday at garden state honda, nj for 30,365, 299 doc fee plus tax & title. My guy is very bad, he wanted me to buy the accessories he had on the car, the ones I didn't need. Eventually discounted the acc. The price I gave you is without accs. It took 6.5 hrs for completing the process. Not at all organized, not knowledgeable of the products, just worst. All in in addition to being the usual cheating, lying, tricking associated with car salesman, I guess, never had this experience with all the other cars we bought over the years. If you HAVE to go there, be strong. Avoid if possible.

Weymouth guys are great, I was there in summer when my sister got her accord. Very pleasant. Simply put, polar opposites. I should have driven 6 hrs instead of spending 6.5hrs with these guys. Well, it's done now. Just wanted to help fellow buyers on this forum. Great forum, invaluable help for me. Thanks guys.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Did you recently buy a new car because the financing offer was too good to pass up? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you about your experience. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by end of day Tuesday, September 25, 2012 with a brief account of your purchase and your preferred contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• hbcsc153hbcsc153 Member Posts: 27
    Hello!
    Picked up a 2012 Odyssey Touring (Smoky Topaz ) at Miller Honda in Van Nuys, CA last evening. Did most of the initial shopping online, and sent a few emails around. A few other dealers gave fairly low numbers. Took the lower numbers to Miller, as this is the dealership that I take our existing 2005 Odyssey EX-L to for all the services and repairs. The service department has treated us well. Even though they quoted higher before, they matched the price. They quoted $695 for the Protection Package (wheel locks, splash guards and cargo tray). No way was I going to pay that much. They came back with $376 for it, which I thought was reasonable, considering it would have cost me about $250 buying online, and then installing.
    Trim: Touring
    MSRP: 42,160
    Vehicle Price: $35,772 (includes destination)
    Destination: $830
    Accessories: $376
    Doc Fees: $80
    Taxes: $3,169.95 (8.75% in CA)
    Tags: $335
    Total OTD: $39,759.30

We decided to do a lease, so those numbers below.
    Lease info: Honda Finance
    Drive Off: 1,000 (includes 1st month payment, registration, doc fee and a couple of small fees).
    Term: 36 Months with 12K miles per year
    Money Factor: 0.00032
    Residual: 50% ($21,080)
    MSRP: 42,160
    Cap Cost: 36,687.77 (includes the $595 Bank Fee)

Payments: $491.59 (including tax)

Ask if you have any questions.
  • tschwartz1tschwartz1 Member Posts: 4
    Dd you wind up purchasing with mall of ga? I am negotiating an exl w/res now. Latest quote 32,999 plus dealer fee, tax, and title. How much lowr can I get?
    Not yet. But the quote that I received from them was $34,999 OTD, and that was all over emails, trying to negotiate with the internet sales manager. This included the protection package accessories as well. I thought I could do better than that, but I didn't try at the time. This was couple of weeks ago.
    Where are you in the negotiations? Did you end up buying. Latest quote is 32,999 plus tax, title, dealer fee. How much lower can I go?
    edited September 2012
    Correction 32,999
    I meant to say 32,999. What is your tax rate? I think they can still come down a good bit! I am 7% and that would put me approx $1k higher OTD than you.
    Ditto on the 7%. I live in DeKalb.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,219
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Okay, I was trying to get all three of us to do some sort of group buy this weekend, and get a decent deal for our trims. I am looking at ex-ls. It looks likey they won't let us leave email ids here, and they don't have a mechanism to send PMs. I personally don't care about sharing this email since I just created it for our connecting purposes, but they removed that too. Lets connect at OdyClub.com. My userid there is: Pakola. Please send me a PM there when you see this message.
    I agree with the group buy approach if we can. The latest quote I have is $34897 for EX-L with Nav. Let me get on the ODY club wesite.
    That's a pretty good OTD. Is it with accessories? All my OTD quotes, I have made sure I am including the protection package: body side mouldings, mats, splash guards, cargo tray and wheel locks. I have also created a temporary google email account for this purpose, and my id is: 'odyssey.purchase3'. Hope you know the domain it ends with :) You can email me there, if you don't feel like joining OdyClub.com. By the way, they have a pretty extensive pricing paid thread there as well.

I don't want to write the whoe address here as they might be flagging post for some keywords or who knows what else to remove this post again.
  • coolbuyercoolbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I got the Silver one Ex-L at Odonnel in Ellicott City for this below deal:

Base Selling price - $29071
    Vehicle Freight charge - $830
    MD State Sales Tax - 6%
    Dealer processing charge - $200
    Tags/Titling for new Tags w/2 year registration - $336

On the road price - $32,231.06
    Sent you email.
  • harshvedaharshveda Member Posts: 17
    edited September 2012
    Hey, This is Jay. Please count me in. I live in Duluth, GA and I am ready to buy anytime. We can negotiate better if we all get to a dealer together.
    I want to buy this weekend. Are you also looking for EX-L with Nav?
  • harshvedaharshveda Member Posts: 17
    Yes, I am looking to buy this week end and I too need EX-L.
  • oneofsixoneofsix Member Posts: 1
    Coolbuyer, that seems like a great price. How did you get it, lots of negotiation or did they quote it to you easily? It's on my list to go this weekend to O'Donnell.
  • cliffucliffu Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    2012 Odyssey EX-L (no nav or res), Weymouth Honda (MA), paid $29,775, $239 Doc prep, $125 registration, plus sales tax. 0.9% financing. No other local dealers came close to this deal (Herb Chambers, Honda Village, etc.). James was our sale rep and he was terrific. I highly recommend Weymouth!!

The only issue was a lowball offer for my 2005 Odyssey EX-L, but I sold it in 1-day on CL for a fair price.

Thank you all for your help with this, especially SK2012!!
  • sansan1sansan1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking for EXL RES Odyssey 2012. I will appreciate if folks can share the prices they are getting in SF bay area or north California.

Lowest I am getting is around base $3200 with OTD ~ $35100. Does this sound like good deal?

Thanks...
  • gobigred4gobigred4 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased today a 2012 EXL-RES for $32,029.
    OTD including 7% sales tax and doc fees = $34,452.
  • uprisinguprising Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased yday a 2012 EXL_RES for $33, 600 OTD.
    Includes stripes, door and fender guards, cargo mat, mud-guards, wheel-locks and LIFETIME powertrain warranty and free Virginia inspection for the life of the car. All this for $33,600 OTD.

I hope this was a good deal. If anyone wants a similar deal, I can provide the name of the dealer/location etc.
    This is in Northern Virginia.
  • akumar4akumar4 Member Posts: 1
    That is a great price. Is it possible for you to scan the sales receipt for it, and hide you details, then share with us?
    Most of the dealers wants to see proof for this price before they can match it.
    Appreciate if you could do that.

Regads
    AJ
  • sansan1sansan1 Member Posts: 3
    What is the dealer name/location?
  • uprisinguprising Member Posts: 2
    Hendrick Honda_Woodbridge_Virginia
  • jubjub Member Posts: 12
    What did you sell your ex-l for? Nav? Miles?
  • kmreddykmreddy Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am looking to buy the ex-l as well. Would like to know if you all already bought it. Can you post the details or PM the details.
  • emricoemrico Member Posts: 2
    I live in NJ, I am looking to buy a 2012 EXL with no nav or res. The sticker price is $35,025. The dealer said they are offering cash back of about $3,000-$4,000. There is also 0.9% financing available. I have an '07 MDX as a trade in. Based on some of the recent posts...it looks like I could get them a lot lower? What do you think I could get them down to as final purchase price before incentives?? Any help is appreciated!
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    Somebody earlier had posted they paid $29.5 +/- for this exact car. I am not sure if his deal went through or not. If you can get that deal, I would like to know the dealer, so I can get it too. I am also in NJ by the way.

For your 07 MDX, assuming it's the 4D SUV, and it's got 90,000 +/- the average wholesale price is $15,500. If you can get $14.5 you should be in good shape since the dealer will want to make at least $500 to $600 after expenses. I will consider a $13.5 a good offer from a trade in though.

Let me know how it goes for you with the purchase price and which dealer you used.
  • panxd01panxd01 Member Posts: 4
    Anybody in SoCal purchased 2012 EX-L model recently? Please share your price and dealer info. Thanks.
  • jjcdaddyjjcdaddy Member Posts: 10
    Several Honda dealers in the DC Metropolitan area are offering the 2012 Odyssey at pretty competitive prices. I eventually purchased an EX-L Nav (appearance pkg accessories included) for $33.4K OTD for VA residency (31.9K base including freight, 1K tax, 385 processing fee, 92 tags) I was offered as low as 33K flat OTD but it was for a Black Odyssey, which was the only color I didn't want.

Inventory is low so if you are willing to be flexible on color, there are good deals to be found. And even better deals on EX-L RES models from what I understand.
  • redclothredcloth Member Posts: 1
    I am in Houston area and looking to buy for a Honda Odyssey 2012 EX-L. The dealer OTD quote (includes all dealer adds) have been around $34000~34500. But my friend paid less than $34000 last December for the same car. Can anybody advise what price will be a good deal to buy here?, maybe I should wait until December to see if there is any deals then, please share your experience if you can, Thanks
  • jay231jay231 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Please include me in the group . I live in Suwanee,GA and also looking to buy a EX-L with NAV ASAP.

Let me know
  • mca2mca2 Member Posts: 20
    I wish I found this ATL group earlier. I just purchased a 2012 Odyssey touring elite from Mall of GA Honda. I got an OTD price of 40,377. I think I could have gotten them a little lower.
  • cavacarcavacar Member Posts: 3
    Congratulations on your purchase! Can I find out where you purchased from & which other dealers came close in price? Also, did you have to negotiate the appearance package or was it already on the vehicle?
  • jjcdaddyjjcdaddy Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    I purchased from Landmark Honda in Alexandria. Fairfax, Hendricks, and Criswell in MD also offered competitive prices. Based on trim/color you might even do better at those other dealerships. Shoot them an email and see if you can get a starting point. Some will offer a no hassle price and wont negotiate much further down. A few others that I did not mention were not even offering truecar pricing... which needless to say is way too much.

I negotiated all prices OTD so I wasnt concerned with whether appearance package fees were included as part of the OTD pricing. I think for Odyssey's OTD quotes is the best way to go. Just make sure that they do include the accessories as part of your negotiated price... I believe most stock EX-L's a fitted with mud guards, wheel locks, etc.

I should also say that I got the finance guy to give me hondacare 8yr/120k warranty for $1300. I probably could've saved another $25-75 online but it was worth the hassle and to be able to take care of the monthly payments right then and there. Remember to mention that you can get it online for X amount and that you would like to politely decline, they will shave the price in a hurry.
  • cavacarcavacar Member Posts: 3
    The information on this board was so helpful in negotiating a price, so I'll throw out my numbers too in case it helps others.

EX-L Nav, with mud guards, factory parking sensors (to be added), 2yr registration, 1st oil change.
    Including tax (3%-VA), title, license, total cost was 33.6K.

Was initially offered <33K OTD for EX-L nav, but we decided last minute that we'd like the parking sensors. Probably paid too much for the sensors but didn't want to deal with aftermarket stuff & drag on negotiations any longer. A few dealers in VA/MD mentioned they would match the 33K price and had some extra services that their dealership provides to all cars, but colors were more limited.

You can definitely get a better deal on the EX-L res though as they had more of those in stock. Advertised emailed internet pricing was <32.5K OTD for one of those.

We are still looking into an extended warranty as they didn't discount it much so I'll have to research that, but if anyone has recommendations of which one to purchase, where, and what is a good price, please let me know.
  • emricoemrico Member Posts: 2
    Thoughts on these prices would be great:
    12 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    selling price - 31,101 (including 830 handling and dest. fee)
    trade in for 07 MDX 16,000

difference - 15,101 plus tax 1,057, plus doc fee of 197, mv fee 97

Total purchase price of $16,452.07

OR EX-L with RES
    selling price of 32,528 (including 830 handling and dest. fee)

trade in 16, 000
    difference - 16, 528 plus tax 1,156.96 plus doc fee of 197, mv fee 97

total purchase price $17,978.96