Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    I'm just starting the process of emailing dealers in San Antonio and Houston. Is $40,000 OTD too unreasonable? I need the roof rails with crossbars and the trailer package which will add to these prices. The best quote I received so far for a 2013 Touring is:

Dealer A
    Sale price: 38,693
    OTD price: 41,458

Dealer B:
    MSRP: $42,260.00
    Internet Price: $37,389.00
    Destination & Handling: $830.00
    Protection Pkg: $339.00
    Nitro in the Tires: $199.00
    State Sales Tax 6.25% : $2,422.31
    Vehicle Inventory Tax : $81.51
    License Fee: $72.30
    Inspection & Title Fee: $61.75
    Documentary Fee: $125.00
    Drive-Out: $41,519.87
  • uvtsuvts Member Posts: 1
    FYI

Bought it yesterday for $30171.
    OTD price is $32913.
    Includes free accessories like cabin mats, mud guards, wheel locks and tray tub.
  • thatguy2010thatguy2010 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    I received a quote for 32500 including destination at pohanka of fre
    Dricksburg 32942 looks to be factory invoice 2013 EX-L no res or nav
  • rh0611rh0611 Member Posts: 1
    Can you share the dealer name? Thanks
  • zdr81zdr81 Member Posts: 14
    Ryan, which dealer in OKC? If you don't mind me asking, what fees/taxes did they put on (i.e., gst + destination + marketing, etc). DId you use the internet or walk in?

Thanks!
  • cheaureliocheaurelio Member Posts: 1
    Which dealers gave you those prices? I'm in Austin but may head down to San Antonio to pick up a Touring.

Thanks
  • mcomaramcomara Member Posts: 1
    I have really only dealt with one Honda dealer so far, but I can't get him to provide me with a pricing sheet, with total out the door cost. Frustrated. I know he does not want me to take his offer and shop it around, but how else can I be sure I am getting the best deal?
  • woosangwoosang Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a EX-L(No NAV, No RES) at $31,200.
    That's OTD price which includes everything.(Tax, Title, etc.)

FYI, iowa's tax on vehicle purchase is 5%.

It isn't a bad deal, is it?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I'd tell dealer B that only people with air in their heads would pay $199 for nitro in their tires and the only "protection package" I need costs me $4 from Trojan! He should knock those two off the offer sheet.
  • planetcarsplanetcars Member Posts: 4
    That's an excellent price OTD 31,200 is awesome. Can you share some tips how did you get them to this price? I read discussion like this and dealers want to see proof. Can you share your invoice, you can blank out personal information but I can use that as proof and then negotiation should be relatively easy. Let me know and I can send you my email.
    Appreciate your help,
  • dgcassidydgcassidy Member Posts: 7
    Hi everyone,

Just an FYI that I bought a 2013 Touring Elite last week for $41,500 OTD in Northern Virginia. I had to bargain hard for that, and I think the dealer may well regret having agreed to it, but that's the price I ended up paying.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Wow! They actually honored that deal? Please post the details and let us know the dealer. Thanks!
  • bhukbhuk Member Posts: 1
    that is a very good price, can you please send me too those info to pingbhu@gmail.com. yesterday i was chatting with one of the honda dealer in atlanta and he give 27,000 for LX before any tax and tittle.

i am currently looking for 2013 EX can any one suggest a good price to which i need to stick to
    any help and tips is appreciated.
  • ryankbbryankbb Member Posts: 2
    Today I bought a 2012 Touring for $35,000 before $698 dealer fee, sales tax, title. The lowest ePrice I received was $35,400 on a Touring.

Several dealers try to get you to pay top dollar on the "dealer installed" protection package (cargo plastic lining, moonroof deflector, special nuts for tires, pinstripe, etc.). They lure you in with a low eprice and then ask an additional $2k for the protection package which they say you cannot remove. In my case, I offered $500, they accepted, then there was a mistake with the VIN so we were negotiating on the wrong car, after much complaining the sales manager gave me a good deal on the correct 2012 Touring because of this mistake.
  • hkaghkag Member Posts: 2
    Can u please email me the dealer info?
  • cali_dreamingcali_dreaming Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

We've wanted to buy an Odyssey Touring Elite for awhile and are thinking about doing it before the end of the year. Are there any expected incentives or other reasons why we should delay the purchase?

Dealer is offering it for $39,960 + TTL (about 10% more in San Francisco).

I haven't bought a car in over 10 years so apologies if I'm leaving anything out or otherwise making a mistake.

thanks!
  • tommylaws1tommylaws1 Member Posts: 11
    I just spoke to a dealer in Pittsburgh about pricing on a 2012 Touring Elite and he told me that invoice was $41,500 and I wasn't interested in buying one from him (p.s. it was the Service Manager, not the salesman).
    I think you have a GREAT deal if you do not have to pay the 10% surcharge. I'd buy it.
    We purchased a 2012 Touring Elite and it is the BEST vehicle we have ever owned.
    Only one problem/tip.
    The Battery in ours was an AC Delco and 550 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). It went dead repeatedly and, if you read the blogs, a big BIG problem with the batteries going dead.
    What the Service Manager told me is that in order to maximize fuel mileage, Honda runs the idle apparently lower, thus lower output, and the low CCA and if you are running the power doors, or lights or rear decklid, the battery can go dead very fast.
    We think, THINK, we have found a solution. Go to Walmart and buy their 750CCA MaxLife I think its called ($84.97). It is labeled the 24FV if I remember and has the positive pole (red) on the left side. ...where you want/need it.
    Since we did this (two days ago) we were packing the car for a trip to our daughter's on Long Island on Thursday night, had the doors open/close tons of time, the rear/hatch lid up and down about 10 times and the battery has been GREAT.
    It appears/APPEARS that this MAY be the solution, a larger CCA of 750 vs. 550.
    That is the ONLY problem we have had and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our van, especially the blind spot sensors.
    One final recommendation. I'd strongly, strongly recommend you consider purchasing WeatherTech floor and cargo liners. We had them in our 2008 Toyota Van and they were wonderful and have them in our 2012 Elite.
    Also, while at it, here's some other recommendations. On our 2008 Toyota, we had tons of road rock dings on the front. Our solution cost $249.99 BUT it is the BEST solution I know of and is used on virtually ALL aircraft. It is made by 3m and is 8mm clear plastic film and covers the entire front of the car as well as the rear view mirrors. The item # is: 320989531765
    and is from www.carprotectionpro.com. Search EBAY as: Honda Odyssey 2013 2012 2011 2010 3M Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Kit
    Also, I'd strongly recommend you considering purchasing:
    2011-2013 Honda Odyssey Splash Guards Genuine OEM Honda (Touring) (Fits: 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite) on EBay. The cost is $62.99 and stops rock dings against your fenders/doors. Note, these are ONLY for the Elite.
    Also, we have found that the Odyssey rain deflectors are wonderful. The best price we found is at: www.autoanything.com for $59.95. http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1230A0A0.aspx
    Finally, we also purchased two additional things.
    1st; Introtech sun shade. $39.95. 4 1/2 star reviews. http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx
    2nd. Moon roof rain/wind deflector. $99.95. http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1069A0A0.aspx

OMG, almost forgot. VIP. Unless you can get the dealer to install as part of the purchase, the van does NOT come equipped with either a roof rack or body protection moldings. For us, these were critical.
    If you don't want someone else's doors dinging yours, you may want to get these.
    http://www.sportwing.com/honda-odyssey-body-side-molding.aspx
    They are $134.99 less 15% and FREE shipping.
    Also, equally important, a roof rack system. The dealers want $635 plus tax to install them. I can't remember where I purchased our rails and cross bars but if you want to know, we looked everywhere for the best price and it was about $200 or so, complete and my son in law installed them.
    Here's two places to look but email me if you are interested and I'll check my PayPal account where I bought them.

http://www.keenanhondaparts.com/serv...EY-ROOF/Detail

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-R...2-TK8-100.aspx

The Touring Elite is a real head turner. It is the, THE best vehicle we have EVER owned.
    Hope that helps.
    thank you very much!
    Hi

I got an out the door price quote in San Francisco for a 2013 Touring of $41,536.78

How does that sound? I'm thinking of just going the Touring and not the Elite. I don't know how much my kids will care about the bigger TV screen.
    Well, of course, your choice however.
    Several aspects of our Touring Elite that you may wish to consider.
    We find the two MOST useful aspects of the TE are;
    1. Blind spot vehicle alerts. We use these every, EVERY time we drive. After having owned the car for about a month, it is the MOST useful feature we have. We would never again buy any car without them.
    2. Parking sensore, front and read. All I can say is that until you have them, we had no idea as to how worthwhile they are.

Now, we are grandparents and the grandchildren rarely ride in the TE however, we have two boys (out of 14 grandchildren) who their mom and dad drove them somewhere and they watched a DVD and now, they don't want to watch the DVD in their Chrysler T&C. 'We want grandma's car'.
    Further, although you cannot play two different DVD's on the rear screen at the same time (at least we think you can't but hey), you can play a video game from a console that allows you to 'split screen' the DVD and it is a huge DVD/media screen.

One final thought. Our van now has about 4,500 miles on it (yes, we are on the road a lot with it) and, we went to Europe on a trip for two weeks and our son in law told us when we got back that the battery repeatedly was going dead and he had to jump start is. We drove it home, 585 miles to NC and the problem continued. My wife was so concerned about the van going dead on her somewhere that she actually told me....'sell the van, I can't take the uncertainty'.
    By chance, I spoke to the Service Manager at Bob Barbour Honda in Greenville, NC, (David) who told me that he thought that the reason for this was two things.
    1st, apparently the alternator output is only 12.5 volts at idle and it takes 12 volts to run the vehicle. Further, David advised, because of Honda's desire to keep gas mileage as high as possible, they have kept the idle output voltage low, which is why the dealers tell owners to 'drive the car further'.
    To say that this is p*ssing the Soccer Mom's off is an understatement. Read the Odyssey forums and you'll see that hundreds if not thousands of owners have exactly the same problem and,
    2nd. I took the TE to two different places, my own 'shop' where I have a very good relationship with the owner and to Walmart. At my 'local guy' I had him run a stress test on the battery and when he took off the input air intake (it covers the battery) he took one look at the battery and said, 'there's the problem. I said, 'what problem' and he replied. AC Delco battery. Its a crummy battery and it only has 500 or 550 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA). He said, with all of your electrical load (power doors/rear hatch) etc., this battery is too low CCA, even though the battery 'checked out'.
    I then took the TE to Walmart and had them run the same test with their test equipment, with similar results and the tech there said to me, the read out says, 'low battery, charge needed' and he proceeded to say, look, I can't tell but it might be a bad cell.
    Well, we were driving back up to Long Island in two days and I wasn't about to get stranded so the day before I went up on Amazon.com and purchased the highest rated battery 'booster' (1750 CCA) I could find. $124.88). I told the Walmart Tech, I want the EverStart 24 FV (it has the positive/red lead on the left side, vs. the FN on the right if I remember correctly). The battery is made by Johnson Controls and is rated for 750 cca vs the 500 or 550 on the AC Delco.
    Results, today is the 18th and we installed it on the 13th and so far, it has not gone dead once.
    My recommendation to you is that no matter what Odyssey you buy, read the blogs BEFORE on the Honda Odyssey forums and read how Honda will NOT do anything about this 'dead battery' situation, that the Battery Management System (BMS) will only tell you that you need to 'charge it more' and that the BMS in NO WAY protects you from having a dead battery.
    Honda Odyssey buyers are NOT happy (see for yourself and read the problems that MotorTrend had with their Odyssey's BMS. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/vans/1203_2011_honda_odyssey_touring- _elite_update_6/
    or the Honda BMS 'software fix' that does not appear to have 'fixed ' the problem PLUS, the recall is NOT for any 2012 or 2013...only 2011's. https://sites.google.com/site/hondalowbatterydefect/
    Good luck. With the new batter we now have the BEST vehicle we have ever owned.
    Also, my previous posts lists some aftermarket items you may be interested in.
    Dr. Lawson
  • bluspiderbluspider Member Posts: 9
    Hi All, First time buying a new car. Need your advice please.

In the market for 2013 Odyssey EX-L. Just received a quote for $35,965 (sticker) from a dealer in NJ. What do you think?
  • eenyiebeenyieb Member Posts: 12
    Hello, MSRP IS 36055, I work for a Honda dealer in KY. That's suggested retail. There is def room for you to save and dealership to make a profit. Just do your homework and research. If you want to be fair, offer 2-3 percent over invoice. I would accept that kind of deal! Fair for me, dealership and Customer. If you have any additional questions, let me know!
    edited December 2012
    thanks eenyieb, let me see what I can do.

Usually what is the ideal OTD price? I hear prices around 32500. Does any one have any tips to get the price to this level?
    Bought the Touring

$37,251, less $500 for taking the financing package. OTD was $40,400 roughly with California/San Francisco taxes of nearly 10%.

I had several dealers tell me they would lose money on this price and that they wouldn't match or beat it. ">
  • dharmakayadharmakaya Member Posts: 3
    Got a quote on 2012 Odyssey EXL for $32000 OTD with free top rails and cross bars. I'm in MA.
    Thanks Dharmakaya. The dealers here won't give me OTD price over email or phone. They wanted me to schedule a dealership visit to give me the final price. How did you get the quote.
  • dharmakayadharmakaya Member Posts: 3
    Try to e'mail dealers as more as possible, and mention the quote you saw overhere. Usually you can get better deals at suburban dealers. Google is your best friend for searching them.
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    Hi, I've gone through several pages of this forum and trying to get a good idea of what 2013 EXL w/no Res, and EXL w/ Res's are going for. Most people have mentioned price on 2012's.
    -- Is 31,700 (includes destination only) a good price for 2013 EXL with No Res?

-- Additionally, can someone reply with whats the best price they've seen on this forum for EXL WITH RES.
    One more question, I'm getting conflicting info from dealers on whether there is 0.9 financing on 2013 Ody's. Does anyone know the truth on this question ?
  • bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    I purchased a 2013 last week and was told the lowest rate was 2.99. That was with a 797 credit score so I don't know if he was lying. They said the 0.9 was for 2012s. It doesn't matter to me anyway because the only reason I financed with them was for the extra $500 military discount which required it. I plan on refinancing for a much lower rate I secured in a few days with my bank before the first payment is due.
  • javamaanjavamaan Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote of $37,000 for 2013 Odyssey EX-L RES in celestial blue/truffle. This is the OTD price. It includes accesories of Honda Remote start and Roof rails + cross rails.

Working backwards with the assumption that accesories cost $1000 and NJ taxes and fees. I think the price of the minivan was $33,036(including destination).

I think this is a good deal. What do you guys think?
  • agjake01agjake01 Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased a 2013 EX-L w/RES from Criswell Honda, MD today for $31,563 + fees/TTL. MSRP was $36,750. Fees included: destination fee of $830, dealer processing fee of $200, MD title/tags of $344, and 6% tax. Price was about $2000 under invoice and local dealers wouldn't touch it. Opted to go with a lease and ended up with a $450 payment with $2500 down (all fees/taxes rolled in). Lease was based on 54% residual and .00165. Salesman was great but finance guy could use some work.

Think I got a decent deal.
    I'm getting that price for 2013 EXL w/ NO RES here in Chicago...so if you were able to get a 2013 EXL with RES for 31,563 +ttl, that is a pretty good deal imo.
  • odyssey2013odyssey2013 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking to buy 2013 Odyssey EX-L this week. Here are two quotes.

Vehicle Price: $33,797
    OTD: $36,211

OR

EX + custom leather $1,998
    Vehicle Price: $29,997

Vehicle Price: $33,490
    OTD: $33,490 + TTL

What do you guys think?
    Anyone seen the best price for 2013 EX-L in Austin, TX?
  • clickclack1clickclack1 Member Posts: 4
    In the market for an Odyssey, got a quote from one of the dealers for a EX-L with navigation $3400 +destination/TTL

Is there more room here?
    Update...quote OTD on a black 2013 EX-L with NAV plus fog lights... $37,813
    Seems high
  • tiruvantiruvan Member Posts: 10
    I like the EX + custom leather option. Would you share the name of the dealer who offered you this option.

BTW ... the best drive out price I've received so far is from First Texas ... for $36,200.

Still receiving emails from around a 200 mile radius of Austin, TX ... best so far is $35,792 from Gillman.

All above prices are for EXL (no RES/NAV).
  • mikasa0112mikasa0112 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2013 Odyssey Touring. Anyone recently purchase in the surrounding NY tri-state area? Can you provide me your best OTD price and any dealer you recommend? Thank you.
  • vertiasmanvertiasman Member Posts: 2
    Dharmakaya,

I am in MA and am looking to buy a EXL as well. Can you please post the dealer name or PM the details to me?

Thanks in advance.
    Ok, been talking to dealers all day...the lowest I can get on 2013 EX-L with truffle interior and NAV + fog lights is $36,907 OTD...can't seem to get any lower so that looks to be the deal...
  • mndriver2016mndriver2016 Member Posts: 1
    It cost me 32,000 ( including all season mats and 3M coating) before taxes and license- black color. Hard to find 2012 model.. 2013 EXL ( w/o nav) was offered for 32,300 as well .. Decided to go with 2012 for navigation.. Do you think extended warranty is worth it for extra $1300 8 year 100k?
  • eddleddl Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys, I am getting $41k OTD for it including 10 years/100,000 miles extended warranty. Should I jump on this deal? I was not originally looking for this trim model but it seems like it is too good to pass. It's the color we want White diamond pearl with truffle. I failed to take a picture of the window sticker to remember all the details and perhaps any extra equipment installed in the minivan but I recall the MSRP being somewhere in the $46k.
  • bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    I would ask where do I sign. I paid 42 plus the warranty and tags for an elite in this color combo. Do it and dont look back.
    Best drive-out quotes I have received for a base EX-L without RES or NAV or any other dealer installed options:
    - within 100 miles of Austin, TX is $35,042
    - in Austin,TX is $35,650

Is that a good price? What do you think?
    0.9% is available for all Pilots (2012, 2013) and for 2012 Odysseys.

It's on Honda's website.
  • myody13myody13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am planning on buying a 2013 EX-L/Nav. The OTD is $38,872 - breakdown below. I didn't negotiate yet, how much room do you think I have to negotiate. Also - they added something called the apperance fee - total rip off correct? Which one of these items can I negotiate on? Never done this before. Alternative was Toyota Sienna XLE with Nav for $38,033 OTD. I need to finalize this tomorrow, any help/info is appreciated. It seemed to me that they are charging too much for docs and is the plate fee necessary??? Thanks!

Odyssey OTD
    33,591 Price
    810 Dest
    995 Apperance Fee (???)
    2,477.72 tax
    250 Plates
    350 Title
    399 Docs
    38,872 TOTAL
  • javamaanjavamaan Member Posts: 5
    I feel there are bogus fees involved. I am in NJ too. I am looking for 2013 Ody EXL/RES.

My best quote was for $37,000 including $1000 worth of accesories. Your quote seems too high. Try to negotiate the $995 apperance fee to $0, tell them you charge to appear at the dealer. :-) Also see if they can eat the $830.

There are some legitimate fees, like NJ DMV wants you to register the vehicle for 4yrs. So, that alone comes to $336($84/yr). Title $60 for standard and $85 for one lien(loan). Some random tire tax is $15. So, NJ alone asks for $411 for each vehicle besides sales tax.

very few dealers send quotes in NJ. Most want you go to the dealer to get a quote.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2012
    Call DCH OLD BRIDGE... Internet dept they will give you a good price
    AUTOSPORT RT 22 n.j. is also a good dealership
    VIP honda is another
    Call on phone to secure your best deal speak only to the Internet sales Manager. Use this Formula to figure out and get your best price.

Dealers invoice price
    Minus Dealer-holdback
    Minus any Incentives and Rebates

Once you figure out the number call each dealer and let them know you will buy that moment for your calculated price.. Always buy the last 2 days of any month.. Thats how you will get the best possible price ..... Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• atx11atx11 Member Posts: 7
    Hey Brian,

Where do you find the:
    Invoice
    Holdback
    Incentives and Rebates #'s

We are ready to buy and I've used this method in the past with great success. However, I was always able to pick up the latest off these forums and really have seen them all over the board over the last two months.

I appreciate your insight and help...I want to be ready to go first thing tomorrow.

Thank you.