Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pkk5pkk5 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for $35,000 for out of the door for EX-L with RES (Celestial Blue). Wanted to know if this is a good deal in charlotte area in north carolina.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    You could find all the numbers like Invoice price,, Holdback and incentives right here on Edmunds. also you could find on kellys blue book{ kbb.com } aol auto, msn auto. Honda"s dealer hold back is 2% of total msrp. So if your van is $34,000 with options that means the dealer gets back $680 dollars from the manufactorer for just selling you that car. Now add the dealers Doc fee's, dealer add on accessories like pin striping, door edge ,nitro in the tires etc and lets say you purchase the car at 500 above dealers invoice that dealership made a nice buck. You should always start your negotiation price below dealers invoice price on every car you buy or lease and work up from that number trying not to go above invoice price. Any questions just give a yell. Read my prior post on how to buy by phone and you will pick up a few tips on getting the best price... good luck ..........brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• atx11atx11 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, Brian. We are looking to purchase today in Texas we are central so going to Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin is not out of the question for us. We are looking at an EXL or EXLw/Nav (if price is right). I bought the New Car Consumer Reports and it just showed invoice and holdback...it didn't ever reference the potential Honda Financing ($500).

I've done the internet route the last few weeks and it really has been painful as most don't want to provide #'s. I've done the phone thing in the past but have always had a firm number to go with. Now I'm trying to come up with an vehicle and an OTD price to go forth with.

I searched for your buy by phone message but can't seem to locate it. I did get the information on the buyers orders you left in the Accord forum... Great Information! In addition you seem to have good information on dealerships.

Any suggestions on Texas pricing and good dealerships?

Your help is much appreciated. Reviewing the threads I know you are a good ambassador for this site!
    edited December 2012
    I got good feed back on this dealer that i listed first. Call all of them by phone and make your best deal. i"m not familiar with Oddessey pricing. Looks like there is no incentives right now.. Start at 1000 below dealers invoice tell all dealers if they meet your price you will buy that moment... and secure with a refundable credit card deposit. Speak only to every dealers Internet Manager to avoid i dont know if we could do that price. Your conversation should be no more than 5 mins with each dealer. Your only talks are about price with your make and model nothing else Price, price, price... SO that being said its.......... Meet my price .........If not give me your closet price to my price then tell dealer you are moving on... every dealer that says no tell them call you if he has a change of heart . Go down the line call about 20 dealerships and i'm sure you will find a great price. Most likely you will recall one of the previous dealerships with there price... Remember doc fee's are negotiable try to get them removed or reduced. always ask every dealership what there doc fee's are and any other OTD fee's besides your States taxes . I use a big pad so i miss nothing on pricing from dealer to dealer.

Freeman honda....in dallas
    Frank Kent............Irving
    David Mcdavid........Arliington
    Kent Adams...........Dallas

any other help give a yell
    Brian

Thanks, Brian!

Let the games begin!
  • eddleddl Member Posts: 2
    OK, finally got the car. Purchase price was $38164. OTD was $41298.98 Diamond white pearl with truffle just as we wanted, made no compromises there! :) Included 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty. Time to accessorize it!
  • blamezhangblamezhang Member Posts: 1
    What is the price you got for the 2013 Odyssey EXL in WA(Seattle)?

No RES, No Nav.

The lowest quote I got is 31700, is that a good price? Thanks.
  • mikasa0112mikasa0112 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Hi All,

Made my puchase on the 2013 Touring Elite yesterday for $39,900 (including destination). Also negotiated 10% discount on the added accessories. Thank everyone on this forum for their OTD price as it help with the negotiation as it helped to know how much people were being charged by different dealers.
  • tiruvantiruvan Member Posts: 10
    We bought a 2013 Ody EXL (no RES/NAV) on 12/29.

Houston area - Shawn Rahimi @ Honda of Spring quoted $34,400. We drove for 3+ hours to Spring, TX and bought the car from him. I highly recommend him as he kept his word and was very cheerful and professional even on a very busy day.

Here's the split:
    Invoice (incl. dest. fee) = $32,053 (TMV is $33,856 / Truecar target price is $33,634)
    Doc. Fee = $125
    Inv. Tax = $87
    Gov. Fees = $125
    Sales Tax = $2003
    -------------------------------------------
    OTD ~ $34,400

Here is my experience (in case you are interested). All prices are OTD.

I live in Austin, TX and we sent for quotes locally and from San Antonio, Dallas metro and Houston metro.

Austin, TX - First Texas had a no haggle price of $36,200 (they don't get the no haggle concept), Howdy Honda never bothered to reply and Ken Shipp at Round Rock Honda quoted $35,650. So Ken was the only one even willing to deal in Austin.

San Antonio, TX - Tony Sanchez at Fernandez Honda quoted $35,000.

Dallas area - They wanted to me come test drive and talk to them :-)

WARNING: Don't take quotes from Naina Nanjua @ Honda Cars of Katy (Houston suburbs) too seriously. They are super low but when you go there she will hand you over to "her manager", Ben Gazi. He is the salesman you DON'T want to do business with. He tried restarting the negotiation process from scratch saying Naina's quote doesn't mean anything since she is just a consultant. This comes after driving 3+ hours to their dealership. We walked out immediately.
  • clickclack1clickclack1 Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2013 EX-L with NAV and fog lights for OTD $36,900 - 1000 for a really old '98 civic (trade in) in upstate NY. Really please with Rensselaer Honda...good people. So walked out with the car for $35,900.
  • bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    For those looking in Texas, I purchased from Benson Honda in San Antonio a week or two ago. 2013 Touring with the roof rails crossbars and trailer package added on. I live in southwest Texas so after looking at Laredo, San Angelo, San Antonio, and Houston, Benson in San Antonio was where we went. I was going to buy from McDavid Honda in Houston as they were the best price overall but 3 hours longer drive than San Antonio who was within $200. I did all my negotiation and contact over email to each dealership. I emailed every dealer in the cities I listed and the best price and easiest ones to work with were Benson in San Antonio, Gillman in San Antonio and McDavid in Houston. A lot of the other dealers gave me the run around, would not be upfront over email about dealer add ons and out the door price, or refused to go lower on their price. I'll pass on the salesman I worked with if anyone is interested. Good luck!
  • mugenex6mugenex6 Member Posts: 33
    Hey Mndriver, are you talking about CRV EXL or Odyssey EXL? Your subject line says CRV-EXL.
  • juniebugcajuniebugca Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market for exl, the best quote we got so far is $31778+ttl. Will be going in tomorrow to finalize the purchase, and try to get some accessories thrown in. Is this a good price?
  • adb280zadb280z Member Posts: 11
    I'm in the market for a EX, best price I've been able to get is $28,200. That doesn't really seem that great but maybe I'm expecting too much. Dealers in the area (NJ) only seem to have 2013s. Should I go for that deal?
  • familycar2013familycar2013 Member Posts: 1
    Best quote on 2013 EXL (no RES/NAV is $35,340 in Wash DC Metro area. this seems high? what is a good price for this car? How do I locate TMV for a vehicle? Your feedback is much appreciated. FamilyCar2013
  • palaverpalaver Member Posts: 5
    Nice deal.

Thanks in part to this board, we just closed on a 2012 Touring Elite for 40500 OTD. In looking at other boards people have mentioned using Bob Leab of Hyannis Honda to get HondCare coverage (we didn't get ours thrown in and the dealership initial price offer for the service was way off the mark).

Does anyone have advice or pricing on whether hondacare is worth it (I am unfamiliar with the idea of a Honda breaking down and needing expensive repair)?
  • bigtxbigtx Member Posts: 16
    The hondacare, in my opinion is a good value, on the exact same car you purchased I paid 1485 for zero deductible 8 yr. 120k mile hondacare. I got a quote from curryhondacare.com and then just showed it to the selling dealer who said no problem, they would match. You have 30 days if I recall to purchase it as a new car coverage. Since honda has stubbornly stuck to the 3/36 basic new car coverage I thought this was a no brainer especially with all the electronics on the elite. The hondacare program is inteneded to be the same coverage no matter where purchased but I prefer to have coverage from the dealer where the work will be done-if there is a question I think it is more likely to resolve in your favor
    Saccucci vs Hyannis - Just checked both and Hyannis dropped their's $25 making it $1245 for both (8yr/120k/$0 deductible) as long as it is purchased today. As a result, is one better than the other. Any positive or negative experiences you can share?

Thanks!!
    I went with Saccucci, based on research seemed to be well established and the price was the same. Very pain free process...requested quote online and followed up with a phone call. Confirmation email sent within minutes.

$1245 for 8yr/120k/$0 deductible - Honda Care Plan Code D-82
  • aak12aak12 Member Posts: 2
    Do they require finanicing for that price?
  • aak12aak12 Member Posts: 2
    How much does pro-pack worth? What do you think of price $32320 with propack in Northern California area? Should I do financing to get additional 500 off the price? How soon can you pay back or any prepayment penalty? Is it better to buy now or wait for a few months in term of price? Thanks.
  • ny_dealsny_deals Member Posts: 5
    Got an offer for $34,500 + Title + Taxes. Please let me know whether it's a good deal

MSRP - $37,655(36,625+830)
    Invoice - $34,493(33,663+830)

Basically they are offering Invoice Price.
    i would call 20 dealerships and tell each one to meet my price of 700 below dealers invoice and You will buy that moment. after you made all your calls make your best deal if you have not reached your target price.. Call only the internet manager of each place and pitch your Meet my price i buy now.. Do this before Dec 31 cause on jan 1 2013 you will have lost most of your leverage on getting the best possible price............ good luck

brian

Hillside Honda .......... Queens
    AutoSport.......... RT 22 N.J.
    DCH Oldbrige......... Nj
    DCH Paramus.......... NJ
    VIP.........................N.J.

Most of these dealers have Doc fee's of $249 and up so to compensate for these fee's make your offering price with that in mind. If you buy for $700 below dealers invoice Remember the dealer took back $249 plus from your sale price.. Doc fee's are negotiable try to get them removed or cut in half at best... Whats next dealers charging me for there lawn maint/ and Electric . All this fee means is Dealer profit.............

Brian

Just purchase Odyssey 2013 EX-L from larry hopkins honda today for $31550 + ttl. Thanks for everyone's contribution to the forum to makes this a relatively painless process.

Will be purchasing 8/120k/0 deductiable warranty from succucci honda later.
  • bbj77bbj77 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry for the delay in my pricing post, but this price below is what I paid on December 13 for a Smokey Topaz Touring model at Benson Honda San Antonio.

Sales Price: $40,852.72 (Included roof rack, crossbars, complete trailer package, pin stripe, nitrogen tires, window tint, mud flaps, wheel locks, rear cargo tray, door edge guard, door handle paint guard and destination fee)

Sales Tax: $678.30 (I had a $30,000 trade in which cut down taxes a lot)
    Dealer Inventory Tax: $92.98
    E Tag Fee: $5.00
    License and Title Fee: $97.25
    State Inspection Fee: $23.75
    Document Fee: $125.00
    Military Rebate: -$500
    Dealer Cash: -$500

Just the sales price minus my $1000 in rebates and before taxes and fees was $39,852.72.
    The price including taxes and fees and rebate was $40,875.

I made a $23,000 down payment and had $11,702.81 left over after trade payoff I added as well giving me about $34,702.81 in credits.

Not included in the price above is the extended warranty. I purchased Honda Care extended warranty (120k/8 year/$0 deduc) for $1350. I could have purchased online from Hyannis or Saccucci for about $70 less but I got the dealer to get close to their offers. I just printed out the two offers from those two online sources and the finance guy matched it as best he could. Finance guy started out by telling me of their third party warranty for a lot more but I quickly pulled out the price quotes from my email and he shut up.

At the end I financed $7,522.19 with Honda at 2.99%. They said this was the lowest they said they could go on a 2013 even with a 797 credit score. I refinanced with USAA for lower before my first payment to Honda was even due though. Probably could have saved a few hundred more or negotiated some of the dealer fees but I am happy with it after all the trouble it took.
  • pdxcarzpdxcarz Member Posts: 4
    In Portland, Oregon the best quote I have received for Odyssey EX-L is 32942 and it includes the destination fee and all-season protection package (basic things like floor mats, splash guards, cargo tray). Can you please share the details of your dealer? Is the destination fee (~$830) included in your quote? Thanks.
    Does the 31550 price include the destination fee? Your purchase price is about 1400 dollars better than the best quote I have received so far.
    Yes, it includes the destination fee
    edited January 2013
    Here in Portland, Oregon they are offering that price for a 2012 Odyssey EX-L. It would be good if you can share details on incentives/rebates that applied to your price. Or was it good negotiating skills that clinched this deal ? :)
  • vertiasmanvertiasman Member Posts: 2
    Bought a 2012 EX-L for 29750 incl destination. Tax, title, fees (299 doc fees) extra.

Got the same/similar quote from 2 others as well.

2013 quotes were in the range of 31,600 to 32,800.

Hope that helps.
  • superfuhsuperfuh Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2012 Odyssey EX-L here in the Chicago area Monday (last one on the lot, had 35 miles on it). Paid:

$28,457
    +$400 for Protection Package (was annoyed by this, but negotiated it down from $895)
    +$830 destination

Total OTD was $32,500. I thought it was a great deal. Also took advantage of the 0.9% 60 month APR through American Honda Finance.

Will probably purchase the extended Honda Care from one of the online resources.

Thanks for all the help in this forum! It definitely helped educate me on the pricing.
  • john627john627 Member Posts: 3
    superfuh - Could you please the dealer details where you have purchase this vehicle in Chicago area ? I am planning go get a 2013 model. EXL with DVD.
  • iwantonetwoiwantonetwo Member Posts: 1
    That is a superb deal! Please share details so I can visit this dealership. Did you ask how they would price a 2013?
  • kotapallikotapalli Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2013 honda odyssey lx for 27848.00 (OTD) which includes 7% tax in atlanta. No add ons. Is it a good deal
  • reneeshreneesh Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for odyssey EX-L(no RES, no NAV) - $33,858+ttl.
    How much can i ask for?
  • drsneezedrsneeze Member Posts: 1
    Just closed on a leftover 2012 EX-L W/Nav for $36k OTD. Price before taxes/fees/title etc was just over $32k & included window tint, wheel locks, door guards, splash guards, window etching and cargo tray. It took a couple of days to negotiate but it was an easy transaction once all the details were done. I only dealt with the internet/fleet department. I wanted to wait a little while longer before buying but there weren't that many leftover '12s left in my area.
  • dl_amgdl_amg Member Posts: 57
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for all your input and just pickup 2013 Touring Elite (MSRP $44,755) with $0/8yrs/120k mi HondaCare at local dealer for $40,500 (not incl. 9% LA County tax & DMV fees).

I did try to ask more discount on HondaCare but dealer told me the cost is $1495 and already below cost to make the deal. One thing they mention about HondaCare, Honda is cracking down on dealer that sale HondaCare to customer not within the same state. They said Honda is suiting the dealer(s) for it and might not honor the HondaCare if your car purchase state is different from HondaCare contract state (dealer). I don't believe everything dealer say anyway. Since they offer me @$1350 for the HondaCare, I just get it and save from any uncertain down the road.

I also purchased a $300 5yrs tire/wheel warranty...i think it worth it if any one tire and wheel damange within 5 yrs, it will cover itself. Who knows..just peace of mind.
  • javamaanjavamaan Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to give my purhcase price. Bought a 2013 Ody EX-L/RES for $34,305.95. This price includes destination $830, remote start, wheel locks, roof rails with cross bars, and splash guards(i didnt get a breakdown but i know destination fee).

So the final price was $37,412 OTD. I feel that was a great price. Bought it on 29th dec 2012. This is in NJ.
    Post Dealerships name and there Doc fee's........... tks

• john627john627 Member Posts: 3
    I brought a 2013 Honda Odyssey with RES today for $35,600 OTD. This is in Chicago suburbs. Base Price including destination fee was $32,965. I thought I got for a decent price, I got quotes from lot of dealers but none of them are ready to come below $36K OTD.
  • newttynewtnewttynewt Member Posts: 1
    Got a new 2012 EX last night, $27683 (destination fee included, all standard options on the car, no additional adds-on), with $80 documentation fee + ttl = $30579 OTD. Had 21 miles on the car when purchased. This is in southern CA area, maybe not the best deal but I think we got at least a good deal...
  • jaycha2jaycha2 Member Posts: 40
    What is a good price for a 2012 Ex-L (No NAV/No RES). Being offered OTD of 33500. Is that worth it?

Thank you
  • ss2013ss2013 Member Posts: 2
    Does $31550 include tax or not? Thank.
  • hkbroshkbros Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote for 2013 ody Ex-L with RES for $36285 Out the door. Is it a good deal?
  • bxrbxrbxrbxr Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for a odyssey 2013 ex-l w/RES for 34700 including ttl.
    They are charging about 300 for floor mats, splash guards etc. and I am getting the rails and rack as accessories for a OTD total of 35500.

Is this a good deal ?
  • canowpscanowps Member Posts: 16
    Lots of good info here. But please list your negotiated prices. The OTD prices are tough to gauge as sales taxes vary from 0 to about 10%. From what I'm reading, a discount of about 10% from MSRP is the best most people are getting.
    On Jan 13, purchased 2013 Odyssey EX-L in Portland, Oregon for 32442 (including destination fee and splash guards + door edge guard).

DMV fees were 273 and doc fee was $75. No sales tax in Oregon, so OTD was 32790.

The finance guy tried to sell me Ownershield comprehensive breakdown contract 7 yr/100K miles with $100 deductible per visit for premium of $2110. In return, he offered to reduce the 0.9% rate to 0% but I declined. Does anyone have experience with Ownershield coverage?
  • sd5sd5 Member Posts: 1
    This is a good deal. Which dealer was this?
  • javamaanjavamaan Member Posts: 5
    dealer is Garden state honda and doc fees were $299. I couldn't get them to come down. But i can also say that couple of guys who said they can beat any price by $300 with a quote couldn't beat it.

The vehicle had 17 miles on it. It was manufactured one month back.

Here is a tactic you can use, if you want to save on say roof rack or spoiler. Test drive the exact model car and dont discuss accessories. Insist on seeing if they have your color in the lot. Some guys seem to have already installed roof rack. if that is the case, dont discuss accessories. They will most likely give it to you for free as it is already installed. Small dealers tend to have just one or two cars in specific colors. I realized this only after the fact.

All the best.