Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    truefantruefan Member Posts: 5
    Hi yuk8888,

The price mentioed above is just the dealer price and does it include the destination fee also. Could you post some more specifics about the price if possible.
  • Options
    rollins217rollins217 Member Posts: 10
    The following is what I got from Sports Honda at Silver Spring. It's part of their email advertisement. Destination + TTL + $189 processing fee extra.

2013 Odyssey
    LX $25,350*
    EX $27,995*
    EXL $30,275*
    EXL RES $31,685*
    TOURING $36,185*
    ELITE $38,498*

Ourisman Bethesda's advertisement say their EXL is 30075 + dest + TTL + $200. Their ad was a picture so I cannot paste it here.

My local dealer (Virginia Beach) tried to convince me that these were leftover 2012 models, and offered OTD price that was almost $2000 more.

Fairfax Honda probably charges more processing fee as all Virginia dealers we've contacted do.

I've purchased two new cars over the last 5 years, an Accord and a Prius, and I drove up to MD to buy both.
  • Options
    yuk8888yuk8888 Member Posts: 16
    That Fairfax honda price is for the Honda Odyssey EXL without any title+tag, processing and tax included.
    I checked Criswell, Sport Honda, Fairfax, and Herson. The first three dealer gave roughly the same price 30300-30900. Herson is 32000+
  • Options
    This number sounds about right to my research. carbuyer2020 claimed to get a EXL model for 32400OTD from fairfax honda at the end of Jan. I just wonder whether it is real. I haven't got his email yet.
  • Options
    2010veracruz2010veracruz Member Posts: 7
    2013 Odyssey EX-L with Nav in PA

I've been reading pages and pages of posts, but still having a tough time figuring out good price.

Lowest quote I have received so far is $33,600 plus tax and tags (6% tax plus $220 tags). Does this sound right, or can I do better than this? What else can I negotiate on? This is the best Internet pricing I have received.

Also trying to figure out how to get best value for my trade.

Finally, links to look for Hondacare?

Trying to compare Odyssey and Sienna, best car and best value. Thanks!
  • Options
    sophiemomsophiemom Member Posts: 2
    Hi Rollins

Can you share where you saw the Bethesda Ourisman advertisement? We are interested in the Ex-L specifically and got a different quote from them.
  • Options
    rollins217rollins217 Member Posts: 10
    I requested quotes in January. After the initial email quote, they emailed me a jan end of month ad for all honda lineup. For EXL ody the new ad was about 200 less. The ad was a pic, and I am not sure how I can post it here, or send it to you because no personal info can be shared here. Keep in mind that the price was for end of jan, but I would think they would honor that price now.

Maybe you can mention that email ad to them. It was their legit ad for end of jan, so they shouldnot ask for proof.

Good luck. Please post the offers you got, and the final price if you purchase. We decided to not buy until May, so your info can help us down the road.
  • Options
    Hi 2010veracruz, which dealer is that in PA. Could you share those details as the lowest I got for a EX-L with Nav is 34,266 near Philly area. So looks like a good quote for 33,600
  • Options
    True fan - I am also in that area. Best quotes I have seen so far are from a dealer in Drexel Hill and Honda in West Cheater. (Almost afraid to post their names as I don't want the deals to go away - but you should be able to figure out).

Talk to Frank at Piazza in Drexel Hill. Tell him the person with a 2010 Veracruz had good things to say about him! (And I do - just trying to figure out if we're going to give up Veracruz for Odyssey).
  • Options
    Hi 2010veracruz, Thanks for posting the info and by any chance do u have a quote for just EX-L from the dealers you dealt with.
  • Options
    ktnrktnr Member Posts: 255
    I just bought a 2013 EX-L this past weekend. Listed below are the internet price quotes I received from Atlanta-area Honda dealers (exclusive of sales tax and tag fee):

- $31,750
    - $31,783
    - $31,895
    - $31,934
    - $31,944 (via Truecar.com)
    - $31,996
    - $32,221 (via Truecar.com vs $31,934 from the same dealer via email)
    - $33,332 (via Truecar.com)

In my experience, getting a competitive price-quote isn't very difficult - it's the trade-in offer where they hope to beat you out of the most money. I went in with printed trade-in values from both Kelly Blue Book and NADA Guide as well as a fair trade-in offer from another Honda dealer. I also printed out Carmax retail prices on cars like my trade. When the selling dealer low-balled me on my trade-in, I was able to cut him off and threaten to walk away unless he made a serious and competitive offer. Shady tactics and twisted logic not withstanding, I paid what I wanted to for the Odyssey and got what I wanted for my trade-in (and, yeah, the dealer still made more money than he should have).
  • Options
    Did you get them to meet KBB or NADA? My dealer is telling me those numbers are too high, and offering way less than either of those (ugh!)
  • Options
    zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    Anyone got a similar deal ($39K not including tax - MSRP is ~$44,500) for a Touring Elite in So. CA? I talked to several dealers and they all said they would match it. When they showed me the #s, they either throw in $1K-2K of useless options or increase the interest rate to jack up the price.

please let me know if there is a more honest dealer here in So. CA.

thanks...Zhecks
  • Options
    trojan2trojan2 Member Posts: 2
    Been reading the posts over the past month and finally bought the car last weekend.
    Honda Odyssey 2013 with RES in Southern California.

here is the breakdown of the price paid:

price of car including destination fee: 32,800
    Tax: 2959 (9% in cali)
    Fees including TTL and 80 dollar doc fee: 420

Total OTD 36,179

Pretty painless car buying process after I found a dealer that wasn't playing games.
  • Options
    can you share which dealership did you work with?
  • Options
    trojan2trojan2 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention that the trim for the above price paid in SO CAL is the Honda Odyssey 2013 EXL with RES.

The dealer I worked with was Norm Reeves Honda West Covina. They came out with the most aggressive quote right from the start and was pretty much the only dealership I found that would negotiate over email and would actually honor their quotes. All in all, I was impressed with them.
  • Options
    thanks, I will give them a try.
  • Options
    ptaylor2112ptaylor2112 Member Posts: 10
    I haven't logged on since 2006 when we bought our Mazda5. We had 2 kids back then, ages 4 and 2, and a mini-van seemed like a cavern. Now we have 3 kids, ages 10, 8, and 4 and the Mazda5 seems like a clown car.

Anyway, we are very happy with today's purchase of a 2013 Honda Odyssey EX in Celestial Blue!

We purchased it from Kokomo Auto World in Kokomo, IN. Here are the details:

$28,600 - total price ($27,830 + $830 destination)
    $2,002.00 - 7% Indiana sales tax
    $149.00 - doc fee
    $1.25 - tire tax

$30,752.25 total price.

We had planned to buy a heavily discounted new 2012 Sienna that had been languishing on the lot and test drove the Odyssey just for fun. We quickly discovered the Odyssey was superior to the Sienna in almost every way, except that the MSRP was $5,000 more than the Sienna's sale price.

Needless to say, we were were shocked when the salesman came back with a first offer that was almost $4,000 off sticker, $1,333 below invoice, and within $1,000 of the Sienna. Then again, by the time he made us the offer, we'd been there for 4 horus and it was 15 minutes before closing on a chilly Saturday in February. Oh, and we got the 0.9% financing for 60 months.

We are excited!

ptaylor2112
  • Options
    piyushmpiyushm Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    The best quote I have got so far on 2013 Odyssey EXL is Invoice of $32,034+Tax+Fees. in Seattle, WA. Is this ok or should negotiate for better deal?
  • Options
    sophiemomsophiemom Member Posts: 2
    HI Rollins

Bought presidents day special $30495 Odyssey EXL with RES at Sport Honda. That did not include 189 processing fee and destination of 830. And of course Tax and title charge. Hope that helps you down the road!
  • Options
    What's the final OTD price?
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hi yuk8888, if I am not mistaken, the price that sophiemom listed is a doorbuster sale for President's day weekend and it is only 1 vehicle in that price and one specific color. I don't think you will get that price elsewhere if you are planning to shop around with that price.
  • Options
    ny_dealsny_deals Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    Brain,

Thanks so much for your tips.

I bought the 2012 EX-L with RES on Feb 8, 2013, in Rochester, NY. As i live in Long Island, I transported the vehicle. Please let me know if it's a good deal.

Honda MSRP: $37,455
    Honda Invoice Price: $34,311
    My Buying Price: $32,513.62 (6% less than Invoice Price & 13% less than MSRP)
    Honda Finance @ 0.9%

Detail Pricing Info:
    ------------------------------------------
    Company Selling Price
    "MSRP - 2012-Honda Odyssey - EX-L with RES
    Tafetta White with Truffle Interior" ----- $36625.00
    Destination Charge 830.00
    Total MSRP $37455.00
    Invoice Price $34311.00
    Dealer Incentive (-)$1250.00
    Honda Financial Incentive (-)$500.00
    Dealer Holdback (-)$740.00
    Total Invoice $31,821.00
    Buying Price
    "2012-Honda Odyssey - EX-L with RES
    Tafetta White with Truffle Interior - Honda dealer in Rochester, NY" - $31,879.00
    Wax & Polishing 59.95
    Total (Invoice)Buying Price - $31,938.95
    NYS Tax - 8.625% 2754.73
    Dealer Document Fee 75.00
    Tire Tax 12.50
    Registration(233) + Inspection(10) --- 243.50
    Total(OTD) 35024.68
    Cash Downpayment 500.00
    Balance Due 34524.68
    Honda Financials @ 0.9% 34524.68
    Payment per month for Honda Financials 588.88
    Transport Cost from Rochester, NY to Long Island, NY
    Transportation Cost - 485.67
    Consumer Report - 14.00
    "Total Cost of the Vehicle(Invoice Price+ Wax & Polishing
    + Dealer Document Fee + Transportation)" $32,513.62
    Honda MSRP: $37,455
    Honda Invoice Price: $34,311
    My Buying Price: $32,513.62 (6% less than Invoice Price & 13% less than MSRP)

Thanks Brain once again for all your time & help.

-SG
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    NY Deals,
    Great job enjoy your new Honda.
    Please post your comments and deal in the Accord prices paid forum so they could see that what i'm telling them it really works.................. tks

Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    Just received email from Maita Honda (Sacramento CA), all Pilots and Odysseys are $4500 off MSRP. Ending 2/28.
  • Options
    shenanigansshenanigans Member Posts: 9
    They are offering this deal on the following vehicle on a website I found:
    $32,843 on the EX-L with Res savings $4,812 (12.78%) off MSRP of $37,655
  • Options
    tonysopranotonysoprano Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone here compared Costco's members pricing versus using American Express Zagg? And if so, how were the price comparisons?
  • Options
    vanorsuvvanorsuv Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for the detailed information, which helped me a lot on setting up the price of my purchase.

Just brought the 2013 Touring at Kokomo Auto World in Kokomo, IN. Very quick negotiation and pleasant buying experience. $37300 + tax + documents.
  • Options
    I think this is a great deal. Percentage wise, it's about the same as what I got in Indiana and ny_deals got in NY.
  • Options
    That's great!

Too bad we can't post salesperson's names, or I would have sent you to my guy.

Congrats!
  • Options
    Just placed a deposit for EX-L Nav for $33k. Looks to be about in line with the deals posted above.

MSRP of $38,055 - so about 13.3% off MSRP. I hope that's a good deal!
  • Options
    canowpscanowps Member Posts: 16
    I shared my deal on the lease forum. Serramonte Honda here in the Bay Area have had all their Odyssey's at 14-14.5% off MSRP since Thursday. No haggling. Just go to their website. They said they are trying to get a bigger market share in the Bay Area. Worked on me. Just make sure if you are leasing, financing, or doing a trade-in that you know those numbers going into the finance or you may be giving back your discount.
  • Options
    soblasobla Member Posts: 1
    First I negotiated the price over the phone and emails for LX and got for 26,300 (On road) from Criswell & Manassas. I thought of going to Manassas, since it is close to my home, Criswell gave the counter offer for 25,800.

I went to the show room and liked the EX and they offered for 28,800, I negotiated and got it for 28,350 on road with .9 finance.

I hope it is a good deal for EX 2013.
  • Options
    hooray1hooray1 Member Posts: 1
    hi sobla,
    what the price you got before TTL? Thanks
  • Options
    satishmsatishm Member Posts: 23
    Just bought on Sunday a 2013 Ody Touring Elite in Jacksonville FL (White Diamond pearl with Grey Truffle interior) from Lucas Honda of Jacksonville Florida and Larry Tew, via the 'net w/o going to dealership other than to sign pre-finished paperwork and pick up car. Process took less than an hour and all prior negotiations were via email/phone and copies of paperwork received via email/fax before setting foot in the dealership.

Lucas was the lowest via truecar compared to Coggins Honda and Honda of the Avenues and only one willing to sell car without overpriced dealer installed accessories. Final negotiated OTD price was: $38,423 + Dealer fees ($898) + Tax (6%) + Title ($285)

I opted to lease it using AHFC under super preferred credit tier:
    Final vehicle price was: Capitalized cost ($38,423) + dealer fees ($898) + lease acq fee ($595) + Title ($285) + first month payment + $350 my cap cost reduction + $500 American Honda cap cost reduction. Monthly payment is $534.61 with Tax included for a 36 Month lease at 12K Miles per year. Money factor was 0.00064.

I am sure I could have haggled it down some more but did not have the energy! This touring elite ended up being $30 more per month compared to my outgoing 2010 Odyssey Touring which I thought was a good deal.

In addition, AHFC if you ask nicely and you have good payment history, and are leasing another honda, will credit you with a portion of any mileage overage fees on the lease car you are turning in. In my case, they credited $600 out of $1300 mileage overage fees on my 2010 odyssey. Cheers!
  • Options
    $28,350 is a good deal (I'm assuming the price includes the destination fee). Our dealer offered us $28,600 so we didn't try to negotiate down any further.
  • Options
    shipsships Member Posts: 5
    That sounds like a good price. Could you please tell me how much you paid out of pocket at closing to get the $534.61 lease price. Thanks.
  • Options
    satishmsatishm Member Posts: 23
    I paid $850 at closing. That included $534.61 for first month payment and rest was Tags and tax.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Completed purchase and picked up our car today. Great experience with Piazza Honda of Drexel Hill, in Drexel Hill, PA (just outside of Philly). Highly recommended. $34,867 out the door for EX-L NAV with roof rails and body side molding installed and 8 year / $120k HondaCare warranty. Decided to finance the accessories and warranty since we had 0.9%.
  • Options
    chencezachenceza Member Posts: 5
    2010veracruz that is a great deal. Do you mind posting what the selling price of the car was, and what was the cost of the Hondacare?
  • Options
    No problem - but I think I screwed up what I wrote - sales tax was additional.

So, $33k for the EX-L with Nav (helped that Honda came out with an extra incentive at the end of the month and that the purchase was completed before 2/28). So,I'm not sure how common the $33k would be. $547 for body side molding and roof rails, installed.

$1330 for Hondacare - 8 years /120K - $0 Deductible.

6% sales tax on the difference between trade and purchase price, and also on the Hondacare and the parts/service. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks 2010!
  • Options
    html5html5 Member Posts: 2
    NJ -I paid 28600.00 for Odyssey EX, which Includes Destination+wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray, body side moldings+free oil changes car washes for life. Hope it helps others guys.
  • Options
    sbadrisbadri Member Posts: 3
    Congrats
    Which dealer did you buy from? How was your experience negotiating? And what is the final out the door price you paid?
  • Options
    atariatari Member Posts: 10
    We just purchased a 2013 Odyssey Touring Elite at Kings Honda in Cincinnati at the end of February for $38,784(includes destination fee). With .9% financing and a good offer our our trade in it was a tough deal to refuse. We went through their internet sales staff. After taxes, fees, and some accessory purchases(roof rails, cross bars, floor mats and mud guards) we were out the door for around $42,000.
  • Options
    barebonesbarebones Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Bought a 2013 EX-L from Martin Honda in Ardmore, PA yesterday for $31,508.76 + TTL. No extra accessories. I added a 8 year/100K Honda Care warranty to the loan. They matched the price I got from Hyannis on the warranty with no problem. Total OTD was around $35K. Did all negotiating over email. Personnel was very pleasant and professional. No surprises. Ended up waiting around 3 hours at the dealership (1.5 hours past closing), but it was a busy Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    ceo2beceo2be Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I was quoted a OTD price of $34,600 for a 2013 EX-L.

MSRP $ 36,055.00
    Internet price $ 30,749.00
    Destination Charge $ 830.00
    propack $ 495.00
    tint $ 299.00
    protection seal package $ 399.00
    total sales price $ 32,772.00
    sales tax $ 2,048.25
    inventory tax $ 73.80
    license fee $ 69.25
    title fee $ 33.00
    inspection fee $ 23.75
    temp tag $ 5.00
    doc fee $ 189.00

Total drive out $ final discount price is $34,600.

Is this a good deal? Thanks.
  • Options
    albertjohnnalbertjohnn Member Posts: 19
    Just bought EX-L $30,400+$80+Tax+DMV. Deal was good. No accessories, honda care etc so far. Just bare vehicle.
  • Options
    ceo2beceo2be Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Is this a decent deal? Thanks.

MSRP $ 36,055.00
    Internet price $ 30,749.00
    Destination Charge $ 830.00
    total sales price $ 31,579.00
    sales tax $ 1,973.69
    inventory tax $ 71.12
    license fee $ 69.25
    title fee $ 33.00
    inspection fee $ 23.75
    temp tag $ 5.00
    doc fee $ 189.00

Total drive out $ 33,943.80
  • Options
    albertjohnn do you mind sharing which dealer you bought from? I'm in central valley and wouldn't mind driving to Bay Area to buy.