Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mljoha2mljoha2 Member Posts: 2
    First...find the car you want...in my case it was the hyundai gt w/sunroof. Then send emails to various dealers who specialize in internet purchasing. I have found that right from the bat dealers will go as low as 1% over invoice when dealing with an internet customer. Right off the bat I got price quotes varying from 15,100 down to 14,200. If you have more than one dealer with a low price...negotiate. I got my gt w/all the trimmings for 14,200 after destination fee but before taxes...at 6.9% interest for a 5 year loan. My best advice (this was my first new car purchase) is to not pay for anything that you don't want and know exactly what you want to spend at what interst. Also, I was willing to drive to Indianapolis from louisville for the car I wanted at the price I was willing to pay.
  • joebeanajoebeana Member Posts: 5
    That is basically what I did. I was lucky enough to live near about 5 dealerships that I checked out myself, and my parents live near another 4 that I also looked at when visiting for the weekend. The 15k was the best I got by far for the auto, ABS and moonroof. I got offers of 14k for stick with ABS and Moonroof. But I have read messages where people are writing that they got their cars for high 13's and low to mid 14's for there auto with ABS-moonroof. Just seems impossible to me that a dealer would ever go THAT far below invoice. Thanks for your post.
  • myhyundaimyhyundai Member Posts: 8
    I own Automatic GLS, which i baught on 19th Aug.

What i did was took a advertise paper which they did for $9777 for Stickshift GLS. I knew everything which i want comes as default in GLS but automatic. So i made a offer of 10,500 which is $9777 + $750 for automatic. I have to go to three different dealers with that offer. Finally one of them accepted it and gave me the car.

I also got woodgrain trim, mudgaurds, california emmission, carpeted floormates and trunck cargo net included in this price.

Be firm with your amount. Don't fell in love with car which you test drive(this will tend you to pay more). I decided that if i don't get the car for $10,500 that weekend i will not buy and rather wait dealers to call me back.

They were trying to sell theory that Advertise price does not work that way. Advertise price are just to attract the buyers. But it worked for me.

Also see edmunds.com and carsdirect.com to get awarness about the price of the car with options which you want.

Hope this helps.
    The GLS can go very far below invoice, because dealers buy in such huge quantity and also get a rebate on them. But I was referring to how the GT's are going so far below invoice. I got mine 300 below invoice, and that was by far the lowest a dealer would go. Some people are stating they got fully loaded GT's with a 15,300 invoice for below, 14k, it just doesn't seem possible to me. Maybe they are mixing up whether they have the GLS or the GT. Maybe somebody who wrote before that they got the GT with auto, abs, and moonroof in the 14's can write back?? Thanx for the posts.
  • ronmcqronmcq Member Posts: 16
    While I didn't get the moonroof or ABS, I just got the '02 GT Automatic, CA emissions, trunk cargo net, mud guards and floor mats for $13,711 which according to this site invoiced at $14,711 and is $600 below invoice. I emailed several San Diego dealers requesting their best deal and purchased this way. I don't think I could have gotten a more loaded vehicle below $14k. I think anyone who got a better deal is very fortunate indeed. Regards,
    Ron
    Good job with that deal. A dealer I was talking to had a auto, no abs or moonroof and I offered him 13,700, and he said he would never be able to get that low. I told him, then I guess we won't be doing any business. I wanted to pay 14,800 for the one I got, but 15,000 was close enough for me to get it. I just picked my GT yesterday and it is great so far. I just read how they are having the GT in sedan form in 2003, seems cool.
  • montrealgtmontrealgt Member Posts: 14
    Just got my 2002 Elantra GT, pale gold (just can't call it Prime Beige), 5 speed, no moon roof, no leather, no ABS, but loaded with everything else. Came out of the showroom at 19,600 or thereabouts before the frikkin' taxes.

I adore my new baby!
    I thought the GT always came standard with leather?? Maybe not in Canada, ehh? I also thought the GT didn't come in the Prime Beige color?? You sure you don't have a GLS??

p.s. I thought you got completely ripped on your deal before I realized you were talking Canadian money!!
  • desgdesg Member Posts: 52
    The Hatch comes in various trim levels in different countries. In Australia it comes in GL and a GLS trim level - although the GLS level here is different again to the GLS stateside, it is somewhere between the GLS sedan and GT hatch that you have, but does have cloth interior not leather, though it is not the cloth you see on US cars, this one is actually quite nice and suits the car (black with white dots is the best description I can give). Here as well the same colours are available on both sedans and hatches in either spec level.

I would not have minded leather and standard cruise control, but it is not obtainable here.

Prime Beige is one the biggest sellers here along with Silver.
  • elantradriverelantradriver Member Posts: 14
    The GT in Canada is not nearly as good of a deal as you get in the states. For the extra $1500 you have to pay to move up from teh VE (your GLS) you get the sportier suspension, purple gauge lighting, 2 tweeters, better tires, and aluminum rims. That's all you get, however it does then give you the option of adding other options not available on the VE. These options include ABS, Moonroof, Leather interior and traction control. I know there are at least a couple colors available on the GT that are not available on the VE, these include Carbon Blue (my personal fav color for the car) and a brighter red. Anyways I hope this helps clear up a little of the difference between models here and in the states. Personally I find the VE(GLS) to be a better value here, and the GT to be a better value in the states. I own a 2002 arctic silver VE and I love it!
  • montrealgtmontrealgt Member Posts: 14
    Nope it's definitely a GT, joebeana - cutest 'derriere' I've ever seen. No sedan for me. :) And here in Canada - well Quebec at least - the only option you can add to what I got was the option package of leather seats, moon roof, ABS. It's either all or nothing. I would have liked the moon roof but didn't want the leather seats. And as for the ABS - well either or, it didn't matter too much for me. We did manage to get the dealer to throw in the nose protector, cargo net and car mats in for free too. :)

Now I know that the sedans (don't know if they're GL's GLS's VE's or what - I didn't check out sedans at all, I wanted a hatch) have another type of interior which is a beige/gold sort of velourish interior. My cloth interior I think is much nicer - a dark, dark grey with little Hyundai dots of colour. And it's got a different feel from other cloth interiors I've felt before. Smoother almost, I guess. I like the feel of it very much.

The other two cars I looked at: the Suzuki Aerio SX wagon came in at almost the same price, and the Protege5 which priced out at about $2500 Cdn more expensive. One of my best friends just got a blue Protege5 a couple of weeks before me and honestly - I think I got more than he did for way less money. It will be interesting to see how these two cars age side-by-side. And it seems to me that for a fellow who used to be so anti-Hyundai, he's starting to sing a different tune. :)
  • brantmaximbrantmaxim Member Posts: 7
    I visited a hyundai dealership this weekend and was offered a tempting $11,600 for a pewter GLS with package #3 (CD, etc). What was the Chicago tax/total tax applied to your deal? I was told that there is an extra tax (total of two taxes) applied to the cost because I live in Chicago. Anyone come across this?
  • alwyn1alwyn1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Just picked up a beige Elantra VE last week. Paid $15,600 CDN b/f taxes, etc. Got woodgrain kit, floormats, hood deflector, block htr, ext. warranty & spoiler as part of pkg. (end of month deal + end of model yr clearout, I guess)
    I've put 1200Km on it so far, and on my first long drive (Ottawa to Toronto, approx 4hrs) I averaged 42mpg (mind you, I averaged 80 - 100 Km/h 'cause I'm still breaking in the car). The car drives like a dream; having driven more rentals than I can remember, I can honestly say that the Elantra fit, finish, handling & ride is more comparable to midsize sedans (Camry, Accord, Legacy) than the compacts it's supposed to "compete" against.
    I just wanted to say a BIG thanks to everyone who posted msgs here and all the other TH boards; your opinions & experiences were invaluable.
    I'm still pinching myself; this car is amazing!!!!
  • elantramanelantraman Member Posts: 24
    This pretty much a repost of one I did back in May. I bought a 2002 Rally Red GT (auto) with everything but ABS. The sticker was 16,064 incl freight. My price was $13,499. plus 140 doc fee. One dealership ran an ad for 13,799 and this dealer had a promotion that they would beat any deal by $300. They lived up to their word. 4 months later, so far so good except for gas gauge, it only register 3/4 full when I fill it up.
  • roobielizroobieliz Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2002 gls with auto trans, keyless entry w/alarm, power windows/locks/doors, cruise, CD, power moonroof, mud guards, and mats in pewter this weekend. LOVE IT!!! Paid $13,044 after $1,000 rebate, + TTL. Seemed like a decent price, since another dealer in the area wanted me to pay $16,700 for the car w/out the moonroof. First-time car buyer, so would like feedback to see if I did well with negotiating. Much appreciated!

zippin' right along,
    thinkin' 'bout a song
    'bout my pewter gls.
  • crossflowcrossflow Member Posts: 4
    $15,000 for a 2002 Elantra GT Automatic with Sunroof & ABS (of course with mudguard, mats and net.) I think that was not a bad deal. It was 8/27/02.

The price they quoted via e-mail was $15,576. I asked for $15,000 and immediately that was it. I think they still have some rooms to yield.

It was Glassman Hyundai at Southfiled, MI. They do quite well and does not pressurized me(maybe my offer was too generous...)

The car runs good and I love it.
  • skyelingskyeling Member Posts: 1
    I just got my new 2002 Elantra GT on Saturday, and I am soooo happy with it. I couldn't be happier with the deal I got either. It is a pewter manual without ABS or the moonroof, with 20 miles on it, and I got it for $12,800 + tax (it came to $13,500 with tax - ouch!).
  • jgwoodsjgwoods Member Posts: 15
    Just purchased a 2002 GLS with package #5 (everything except for the moonroof) in pewter this weekend. Paid $12,800 before $750 rebate, + TTL. Was the fourth dealer before an agreement on a decent price was made. Dealer offered $15200 before I pulled out an ad in the paper from a competitor! Best move I made. His price dropped instantly! First-time car buyer also.
  • jgwoodsjgwoods Member Posts: 15
    Was this for financing or for leasing? I know for a fact that if you live in Chicago and lease there is an extra tax (called use tax) of 6%. This tax is applied to leases in addition to the normal Illinois tax! Illinois' taxing system is the worst.

The standard 8.75% tax was applied to my purchase when I bought my GLS (financed). $11600 is a really good price...$1100 under invoice. But I recommend not leasing if you are a Chicago resident. Here's a link that I received from "footie" in the "Leases Questions" forum about Chicago leasing(thanks footie!)

http://www.suntimes.com/classified/autos/faqs/buy_or_lease.html

• hmm52hmm52 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought a 2003 Elantra? I'm not sure if I should get the '02 or '03 model.

Thanks
  • jmaterojmatero Member Posts: 253
    There are advantages to both......

First, there is STILL low financing or Rebates on the 2002 models thru 9/30/02. While the car ITSELF is the same, the packages have been re-arranged. If you want a Factory CD player, you might want to get the 2002 as the 2003's only offer it in an expensive sunroof package. However, ABS is available in an inexpensive package and also available WITH the sunroof on the 2003. In 2002 you couldn't get the GLS with BOTH the roof and ABS. As for the GT, it doesn't matter which you get... they are the same. Note, however, there is a GT Sedan available for 2003.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The one difference between the 2002 and 2003 GT is the 2003 is $150 US higher on base price, and of course doesn't have any end-of-year closeout deals. So the 2002 GT is the better buy, if you don't mind slightly accelerated depreciation.
    Thanks for the feedback. I decided to get the 2002 GLS. I'm paying 11, 999 before taxes including the rebate. I've been playing 2 dealers against each other for the best price for days now. I've never had so much fun!!!!!
    What all options you are getting for $11,999 ? I
    bhought it for $10,500 200 GLS + Automatic including rebate.
    Typo in above message.

What all options you are getting for $11,999 ? I
    got it for $10,500 2002 GLS + Automatic including rebate.
    myhyundai:
    Mine is automatic, with package 2 - cruise and keyless entry. It also has the mud flaps and floormats. However, when I got there to sign the papers, the price had "mysteriously" gone up by $300.00. I walked out. It may have been an honest misunderstanding, I thought 12,999 plus rebate, she says she said 12,299 total, and over the phone with her accent, she may have. The other dealership has offered to meet whatever price set by the other, so I'm going to call him this morning and see if he's serious. I'd rather buy it locally anyway.
    Hmm52:

Mine is GLS + Automatic and Mudguard, floormats, california emmission + truck cargo net + woodgrain trim. On road, it was $11600 including everything
    ( Tax + documentation + ... + Rebate) . Yuo might also want to see carsdirect.com price.
  • goby2000goby2000 Member Posts: 9
    It seems to me that prices for GT are higher in the US than in Canada. I paid $19,970 CAD b/f taxes for my Elantra GT (5spd, ABS, TCS, Moonroof and Leather). That's roughly $12,639 US @ 1.58 exchange rate. Is this cheaper than what they are offering in the US?

Mind you, in Canada they only offer 3yr/60km warranty and our taxes are at 15%. :(
  • kentavoskentavos Member Posts: 34
    where did you get a GT at that price? I'm looking to get one with about the same options (except I want manual) and thought I was going to settle at around 15500. But after reading your post, I'm reconsidering.
  • nato1nato1 Member Posts: 102
    '02 pewter, manual, sunroof, tcs, $14k
  • spamletspamlet Member Posts: 22
    I wonder if Canada has lower tariffs on automobiles since they don't have the lobbying power of Detroit influencing policy. I would bet that is the reason that Hyundai prices are lower in Canada.
  • dustbaildustbail Member Posts: 34
    How do you see that?

I just priced an Elantra GT on the Canadian site and the amount quoted was $22,427 CAD, or $14,199.70 USD. With the same options that the GT that I purchased just a few months ago that I paid $13,350 for...Not to mention the warranty is slightly different as well.

I think that some dealers realize there isn’t a lot of competition and willing/able to charge window for the GT's...I think that Kentavos could negotiate a bit more, if they wont negotiate walk out, if they don’t chase you out the door offering a better deal call up and talk to the Sales Manager or go to another dealership
  • jwt3jwt3 Member Posts: 5
    I think you may be confusing MSRP (what's shown on the Canadian website) with the price people actually paid at the dealer in Canada.

I didn't pay MSRP, and I don't imagine others did either. The price I paid last May was about $1,300CDN under MSRP.

To compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges would require comparing what people actually paid for their cars in both countries.

Alternatively, look at the Hyundai Canada and Hyundai USA websites, where you can build the same car and compare (MSRP) prices. Using the online prices, the Canadian cars are significantly cheaper.
  • dustbaildustbail Member Posts: 34
    You are right, I did as you suggested this is what I found out:
    Basic Elantra GT in Canada with Manual Transmission is $18,500 CAD or $11,700 USD.
    Basic Elantra GT in US with Manual Transmission is $13,999 USD or $22,115 CAD.
    Yes about $2300 Difference. I wonder how much the warranty could account for the difference?
    Canada has a 5 Year 100,000 KM Power Train warranty VS US 10 Year 160,900 KM Power Train warranty
    Canada has a 3 year 60,000 KM Comprehensive warranty VS US 5 Year 96,540 KM Comprehensive warranty
    Does Canada have any additional fees such as brokerage fees? And taxes are significantly higher (GST, and PST)?
  • jwt3jwt3 Member Posts: 5
    Dustbail - the two to compare are actually the fully loaded GTs, (in the US, with package 11 and in Canada the "premium" model) because the basic GT in Canada doesn't have leather seats. The fully loaded model is about Cdn $20,500 in Canada and a little over US $15,000 in the US.

I imagine the shorter warranty accounts for part of the difference, but car prices are generally lower in Canada (check out any other car manufacturer website to compare) - to be competitive, Hyundai's prices have to be low.

I've never heard of brokerage fees - I paid only freight and pdi which were $700Cdn.

As for the taxes, they may be high, but Hyundai doesn't get any of that money, so that can't account for the price difference.
  • cetaceacetacea Member Posts: 5
    Looking to purchase or rather find a 0% APR for 60 month deal if there are any left on a 2002 Elantra GTS 4A (AUTO) with either AG-2 or AG-3.

I was given the following Net Special pricing from a local dealer here in Central FL:

2002 Hyundai Elantra 4dr Sedan GLS

Internet Special Price: $10,150

4-speed AUTO: $753

AG-2: $354

AG-3: $651

So I guess we have either $11,257 or $11,554.

Prior to this e-mail, he sent me a strange quote for $11,400 as another dealer was offering a 2002 Elantra with Auto, CD, etc. for $11,200 after some strange rebates that I couldn't find in existance anywhere--I believer they were a $1000 discount + $1000 factory rebate + $2000 MINIMUM trade for anything you could get on their lot.

I honestly don't know how those games work, though I do have a "near-death" 90 Mazda 323 that can be used as a trade or donated to one of those car charities.

Whatever the case, we WILL need financing, and I was hoping to get a 0%/60 month offer, which the one dealer with the trade and $2000 rebates appears to be offering. It seems that Hyundai is also putting up a 0.9% APR as well.

At any rate, these prices all seem to be below Edmunds.com TMV, but naturally, I'd like to get the best deal I can, and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any suggestions? I could really use some help!

Thanks!

--Cetacea
  • palukapaluka Member Posts: 7
    Got a midnight grey 2003 Elantra w/ auto & package #2 for $12,600 out the door (price includes dest. fee, 3% VA tax & $78 dmv fees). There is $500 in dealer cash on GLS (not sure about GT) right now so I think I could've done better (possibly 12,300 or 12,400) but I was anxious to get outta there. Edmunds site was very useful in negotiations. Thanks! Overall, it was a good experience. Bought it at College Park Hyundai in Maryland. Salesperson (Connie) was nice to deal with. Also, got a peek at some 2003 Sonatas. Those ardour blue ones are very nice! May purchase one after I get out of grad school.
  • kentavoskentavos Member Posts: 34
    I don't think we'll be able to accurately compare Canadadian prices against US prices. I also don't think we can compare US regional prices as well. That was the point of my post. I'm in Southern California and car prices here tend to be different than say prices in St. Louis or Virginia. We have extra fees that get tacked on (CA emissions) and the market is just different. Anyways, I was hoping that skyeling was near by, because I haven't seen a lot of California prices quoted yet.
  • stern5stern5 Member Posts: 5
    I really enjoy this site and used it a great deal over the past year - I'm a novice. I purchased a 2002 Elantra GLS Option 3 Auto in February for $12,100 plus tax and tags. Just picked up the same vehicle this weekend for $11,200 plus tax and tags. His and Hers. It sounds like there is a great deal of variance in price depending on the area that you live in. I found the 3 biggest sellers in MD and just played between them. Also, you can go to www.fitgeraldautomall.com and look up a fixed no-haggle price on the Elantras. This price can give you a starting point, although my final purchase price was $1500 or so below that price.

Also, watch out on the internet prices. One of the dealers around here quoted me a great deal on the vehicle over the phone after emailing me with a guarantee to beat a competitor. I set up an appointment and headed down for an hour + drive. Before I left, the salesperson I spoke with called back to say she was called out on a family emergency and gave me another name. When I arrived, their first offer on the car was about $1400 over the quoted price. After I started to walk out, they lowered the price and brought in the "closer". They kept saying that they couldn't get down to the quoted price as that was just too low for their manager, and what a shame it was that the original salesperson wasn't there. Unfortunately for them, the closer slipped up later and said that the original salesperson was busy with another customer. It seems like they pull a scam where they lowball an offer, get you to agree to come in, pull a salesman switch, and then can't seem to meet the price of that first salesman. I looked at a pad on the salesman's desk that had some notes on an offer for a Sonata for $14k. The person took a bus from Ohio to pick up the car at that price, but when they got there, it just so happened that the salesperson that they were supposed to meet was out with an emergency. This poor woman spent 8 hours arguing with my salesman before heading back home. 10 hours on a bus to get scammed. Then she had to go back home! The crazy part was that my salesman told me about this without me asking to try to get me to buy a car. What a fool!

They did finally get close to the offer, but I walked out for obvious reasons. I got a matched offer from their main competitor. Chalked this one up to a learning experience! If there is a better way to buy a car that doesn't involve "the game", let me know. What a bizarre experience.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    >>> If there is a better way to buy a car that doesn't involve "the game", let me know. <<<

Buy a Saturn. You'll pay full list price, but at least there won't be "the game." Based on Saturn's high marks for dealership experience in surveys like CRs, many people like that approach. Not me, though--I'm willing to play "the game" if that's what it takes to get a good price. There's also discount services, like AAA's and Costco's, that pre-arrange discounts for buyers. You may not get the best possible price, but you'll get a decent discount and not have to play "the game." Then there is the rare dealer that will advertise a car at a given (low) price, and honor the price without any games. They do exist.
  • elantramanelantraman Member Posts: 24
    A dealer in Pittsburgh is advertising a GT Auto with Sunroof for $12,999.(2002). I know it is closeout time but still this is a great deal. Sticker is 16,220. I bought mne in May for 13,499 and thought I did quite well. There are great deals out there!
  • bluemeaniebluemeanie Member Posts: 7
    Got mine from CarsDirect.com. Carbon blue, auto, pkg11 (abs, tc, sunroof), mud guards, cargo net, floor mats. $15,720 before NYS/Putnam County taxes and DMV fees (OUCH! I'm sure my fellow NYers feel the pain).

Not the greatest deal out there, but then again, a shade under Edmund's TMV (my benchmark). And to top it off, my credit union gave me a 2% rebate on the loan. So for me, it's a fair deal. Best of all, I spent NO time playing "the game" with a dealer.
  • nihao4587nihao4587 Member Posts: 43
    Hi everyone. I finally made my decision on trading my 02 civic for 02 elantra GT with this 1250 rebate going on. I got a couple of quotes from nearby hyundai dealers here in SF Bay area. The price is basically around 13,500 + - 200 (before any fees but including 1250 rebate), for a 2002 elantra GT 5-door AT without packages. Does this sound fair to you? or I can go lower than that?
    In the meantime, they have not given me any quote on my 2002 civic LX sedan AT for trade-in. The blue book gives 12,000 on it, wouldn't that be too low? Do you guys happen to have experience on how to get a higher trade-in price? I would be really love to hear that. Thanks a lot.
    Hope my wife will enjoy the test-drive tomorrow or I will just have to call it off.
  • nato1nato1 Member Posts: 102
    nihao4587,
    You can try and go lower, one trick is to get the best price from one dealer and go to the next, and go to the next, and pitch the price. Don't start with a trade. Get the best price (not payments) with no trade, then work on the trade. You may find that selling in the classifieds will yeild more money. It seems that trades are fetching way too low of a price these days. Take a look at the "true cost to own" on any vehicle. Then look at used dealer prices / trade-in.
    I mean what are these used car guys doing to get that much of a mark-up? I think I need to change my line of work.
  • nihao4587nihao4587 Member Posts: 43
    Hi, appreciate your input. I will definately go to the best quote tomorrow and testdrive first. I would have tried to sell my civic to private party provided there is a good market condition. But as obvious as everyone knows, it seems every big brands are have huge discounts and rebate all around their new cars. If I were the buyer, I can hardly think of any reason buying a used new civic for a grand or 2 less than the brand new one. If the dealer does not give me a fair price on the trade-in, I will cancel the whole thing.

By the way, are you going to the Fleet week this weekend? It is supposed to fun "FA-18 flying above SF finanical district", someone must be scared over there.
  • LaserLaser Member Posts: 4
    This morning, I am going to pickup a 2002 Elantra GLS, auto, AG#5, Mud Guard, floormat, CA emissiona and cargo net, for $12,350+TTL. The total out the door turns out to be $13,320.20. (Tax 6%). It is $1,705 below invoice(including $1,250 rebate).
    I live in central NJ and this is only one with AG#5 (ABS) in their lot. It is White color.
  • bluegillbluegill Member Posts: 9
    (I posted this over in the GT forum but suppose it belongs here instead)

I've finally found a dealer that has some 2002 GT's in stock. I've been quoted by Mirak Hyundai in Arlington MA a total price including destination for a 2002 Carbon Blue w/pkg 10 $13,050. (5 spd)

The same car with same options in a 2003 was quoted for $14,388.

What if any difference is there between these 2 cars? I know the $1250 rebate factors in but is there any signifigant benefits by buying a 03 over the 02?

Have there been some issues that may have been corrected on the 03? The only noticable difference I can tell is the addition of the rear spoiler lip.

Another dealer quoted me about 13925 for a 2003 with pkg 6(sunroof) but that sems way too low....I have a feeling I'd make the trip out there and that price would go away....you know the games they play.

I really, really liked the one I drove at auto Fair which was a Carbon Blue 03 with ALL the toys except for auto and there price was approx 15.3K. The clutch felt great compared to the other GT I drove and there was no notchy feeling in the shifter. That was as low as they would go. They actually told me to buy the one at RT2 at that price as it is a steal and the dealer would be losing his [non-permissible content removed] basically.

What to do....what to do....

Don't want to make a 1500 dollar mistake but don't want to miss out on maybe getting some upgrade in the 03 that I will regret in a few years....

Man I think way too much into this :)
  • dutch4505dutch4505 Member Posts: 15
    I have been quoted $14,826 (net after $ 1250 rebate) and before WA state taxes. GT is automatic, sun roof, traction control with ABS brakes, mud guards, floor mats. Checking it out at home it seems that they added $ 400 to the invoice price and then deducted the $ 1250 rebate to get the 14,826 price.
    I like the car but I hate the pricing games. Any help will be appreciated. I want to close a deal by Friday aft.
  • tmanttmant Member Posts: 70
    I think you can do much better than that. I have been quoted $15,300 for the GT with auto and pkg 11. This was a few months ago and without the rebate. I think closer to $14,000 would be a better deal. Of course there might not be too many left with the options you want, and the next smart shopper ;) might take it before you!

I was planning on buying one but will have to wait for sometime next year.
  • clayman1000clayman1000 Member Posts: 69
    just purchased a '03 GT with Moonroof, ABS and Automatic for $15,880.
    So far my only complaint is the leather steering wheel is too slippery.:>)