Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    Thanks! My uncle thinks he can ship it for less than $400... Gotta love family :)
  • squashmeistersquashmeister Member Posts: 5
    Good luck :-) !
  • rwt0277rwt0277 Member Posts: 5
    Remember you're going to have to pay tax in the state you buy it in... and then your state will most likely require you to pay a tax on it as well - should come into play right about the time you register it. It could wipe out any savings you make, or make it not worth going through all that effort.
  • squashmeistersquashmeister Member Posts: 5
    Hmm.. these sites say otherwise. You should only have to pay taxes in the state where the car is registered.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080312093739AApJ9A4
  • quickklquickkl Member Posts: 4
    After getting a handful of internet quotes we are ready to pull the trigger this week. Has anyone found internet quotes to be negotiable?

Without tax, tags and doc fees, the best three quotes in NJ I have gotten are
    32195 (dest incl) , 32764, and 32887. Doc fees are all round $300. NJ tax 7% around 2300, dmv fees around 345.

Out the door best so far that I can figure is about 35, 092, without any other accessories. Anything else that I should try to negotiate in?

Any help or recommendations are very welcome!!! I am eight months pregnant with our third, hoping to look vulnerable then kaboom!
  • savedollarssavedollars Member Posts: 3
    ScottClarkHonda independence Blvd, charlotte....if Atlanta is close and logistics will work out for you, remember that you can negotiate a OTD price, and then ask them to leave out tax. Get the van to charlotte to register and pay tax. Tax in atlanta is about 6 or 7%. In charlotte 3%. So you can save another 1000 dollars.
  • bibek_abibek_a Member Posts: 3
    What was the price you got from both ? Also can you share the name of the salesman you worked with. I am getting a quote of 32500 + taxes fees etc for exl + res

Anyone having more recent experience in buying the van in nj
  • fwhizfwhiz Member Posts: 2
    I purchased 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/RES Smoky Topaz with Roof Rail & Cross bars, Appearance Package (Splash Gaurds, Pine Stripes), Wheel Locks, All Season Floor Mats and Cargo Tray for $34000 OTD price from Maryland. I live in VA ..The Price in VA was around $35200 OTD for the same.
  • quickklquickkl Member Posts: 4
    fwhiz:
    Wow great deal. That is the EXACT car that we are looking for, color and everything. The closest that I am getting in NJ, is 35029 with no extra accessories OTD. Could you please provide name/contact of dealership. Thanks so much.
  • hkbroshkbros Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote for $35500 OTD for 2013 ody ex-l w/RES for smoky topaz, the accessaries are wheel locks/ door edge guards in bay area. No cargo tray or all weather mats are included. The state tax here is around 9%. Still trying to negotiate upto $35000. Is it a good price? anybody got less than this recently?
  • northstar8northstar8 Member Posts: 2
    got a quote on new touring 2013, $35900 before taxes, title and doc fees, includes destination, no accessories.

What do you guys think? Need to make decision soon...
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Not bad,
    If You read earlier posts, You will see somebody paid $35700 for it.
    It is getting closer to the end of the month, I would suggest offer them $35500 and put the ball in their court and see what happens.
    I have a feeling they will accept it as the new 2014 Odyssey is debuting on 27th of this month.
    Good luck.
    Thank You.
  • twferrytwferry Member Posts: 1
    fwhiz,
    I too would like to hear what dealer you were using in MD. I'm in PA and looking across the border for better deals. Thanks.
  • planetcarsplanetcars Member Posts: 4
    That's a great price. Really appreciate if you could please share your invoice bk1803@hotmail.com. You can black out details that you don't want to share. I live in NJ and it'll be a whole lot easier to negotiate if I have an invoice that I'm asking them to match. Thanks for your help,
    Depends where you live I think. Seems like a great price to me. I can't get anyone to go lower than $1600 invoice and looked in about a 200 mile radius near Minneapolis. You can always try to get them to throw in some accessories for free as well. The 2014 model should be out later this summer so you could hold off to see if the dealer incentives are larger (currently $1000 dealer cash back and .09% financing).
  • n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    I was quoted 29798 for EX-L and 31258 for EX-L with RES. Can I do better? I need to add 830 for freight 189 for processing and TTL. Dealer gave me lease payments roughly equaling $446 with 0 down. I am in VA. Does that sound right for a EX-L with RES? $446 seems kind of high. Much help appreciated.
  • northstar8northstar8 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your idea. I'm asking them to throw in $500ish accessories and see what happens...
  • tballertballer Member Posts: 19
    Quoted $32,961, but dealer claimed I was getting $1000 dealer cash. I thought $1500 was available. In Cleveland, OH.

The quote for some customizations seemed to have a huge mark-up for the "install". Almost 2x the cost listed on the Honda website. Seems a little much.

Any thoughts on this quote?
    Edmunds and Truecar both reference $1000 dealer cash along with .09% financing.

I think there is some additional incentives though that may be region related. Invoice on an EX-L w/Nav is $34,858 (including destination). So even with the $1000 dealer cash you are getting it for almost $900 under that at $32, 961. As long as your price includes destination, I don't think that is a bad deal at all. Best you can do, if you have not already, is reachout to as many dealers as you can in 100-200 mile radius and see if they can beat it.
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    what customizations?
    Could someone please get me back since I am planning to purchase this weekend?
    What is the price before TTL? Including destination and all other dealer fees.
    Ramt: if possible can you share the invoice. You can gray out the name etc. I am getting the best price till now as 35600 OTD EVen from open road
    Its $32170 including destination
  • tballertballer Member Posts: 19
    Quoted:
    Body side mouldings $277
    Door edge guards $127
    All season mats $223 interior
    Illumination $208 Roof rails $345
    remote start $705 for Honda or $375 for aftermarket
    Invoice + destination = $34,493.
    With the $1000 dealer cash offer you are at $33,493.
    With your price they are coming down another $1323 or $2323 under invoice. I think that is a really solid price. Can you save more? Maybe if you extend your search out 100-200 miles and email dealers your current price to see if they can beat it.

You certainly are not getting a bad deal.
  • thecipher19thecipher19 Member Posts: 1
    John Hargis took my absolute top price on a 2013 Odyssey Ex-L (no Nav or RES) - nobody else in the metroplex would meet it. $34,000 Complete out the door price with TT&L. No bait and switch, no pressure, no last-minute add-ons. Of course, the finance manager's job is to show you the advantages of financial add-ons like extended warranty and gap insurance, and Zafar did a very professional job at it, it just didn't meet our specific needs. John not only didn't pull anything like a bait and switch; he was super-friendly and helpful. In spite of being busy, he gave us all the time we needed, explained all the features efficiently and understandably, and was friendly and respectful with us and patient and open with our very zealous kids. It was well worth the drive from Denton to near Garland to get this deal and get to have this experience. My advice after negotiating with lots of dealerships in the metroplex: Go to Rusty Wallis and ask for Chris or John - they will treat you right.
  • smpn2013smpn2013 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Anyone got good deals on EX-L with RES in dallas/fortworth area, could you please share your purchase price and dealer info. Please email me if possible to smpn2013@gmail.com - Thanks.
    Sorry, i did not get that clearly. Could you explain as how you got the number $34,493? The dealer offer price was $32170 which includes destination. On top of that here is the breakdown,

$32170
    $80
    $2902 = sales tax (9%)
    $325 - DMV
    $26

Total $35503
    $34,493 is the invoice price of the minivan including destination:

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/honda/odyssey-pricing/2013/1BE8888F/

At $32,170 you are essentially getting the vehicle for $2323 under invoice which is a good deal on this vehicle.

The only way to know if you can beat it is to contact as many dealers as far as you are willing to travel to see if they can give you a better offer and if it is even worth it to you to travel to get the van. Most car buying sites recommend emailing within a 200 mile radius. Tell them your current price and ask them if they can beat it.
    Thanks for explaining. got a clear idea now :) I will try to contact more dealers to see the best price.
  • sslothssloth Member Posts: 4
    My Sienna just got t-boned and I'm looking for an Odyssey in NY. Could you share where you got the great price. Thanks.
    edited March 2013
    Well, I did not get as good a deal as others, but it was not from a lack of effort. Emailed dealers within a nearly 200 mile radius and found two within 50 miles that offered me the best prices (this is in Minneapolis).

I had a trade in that was also a factor in this as well. I ended up paying (before TTL but including destination) $37250 which included Honda all-weather floor mats (dealer claimed a $200 accessory which seems pretty high). This was the closest dealer to my house and I will be getting all service done there which is a plus. We also wanted a White Diamond Pearl with truffle interior which was harder to come by. Every dealer had like 5-6 Smokey Topaz and Metallic Platinum vans on the lots but we see tons of those on the road and my car is that color already.

I was also able to get almost $2K over KBB and N.A.D.A book value on my trade-in (a 7.5 year old Odyssey with high mileage and needed an easy $3-5K in work including new timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, tires, brakes, etc). Other dealers could not touch the trade-in value and Toyota was quoting me their best trade-in deal as being $1500 less.

Also got the .09% financing and was able to get a great deal on a 5 year 60K Hondacare warranty ($611) which was way cheaper than the online Hondacare quotes I got. Dealer tried to push another warranty company that was $300 more for the exact same coverage.

OTD price excluding the warranty was about $39200 (Minnesota has high taxes and licensing fees).

With my trade-in and some other cash put down, my payment is $326 a month including the warranty with 5 year financing at .09%.

I was shocked at the trade-in variance, even between Honda dealers. Lesson learned there, I had another Honda dealer quoting me $200 better price on the Odyssey, but was coming in $1800 less on my trade-in.
  • fwhizfwhiz Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Sorry for the late Reply...I purchased my New Odyssey from Sport Honda, MD
  • ethansdadethansdad Member Posts: 15
    I'd like to ask this forum what their experience is with asking Dealers about accessories.

Do dealers NOT negotiate on accessories (i.e. you pay their price and thats it)?

When forum members say they throw in accessories does that mean they are given to the customer for free?

When asking Dealers about accessories, they don't seem to want to even talk about them until you get to the dealership.

If anyone can post prices for what they paid for the following acccessories I'd appreciate it:
    Wheel Lock
    Roof Rack
    Body Molding
    All Season Floor Mats
    Remote Start
    Fog Lights
    Door Edge Guards
    Destination Charge
    HondaCare

Thanks!
    Did the $33k quoted include the destination charge or was that extra?
    I would think all of it is negotiable except the destination charge.

In many cases, you can order the accessories from a Honda parts store for cheaper online, but it is the installation where it could get expensive. Especially if you use a Honda dealer.
    Lowest quote so far for a 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ NAV is $33450 (includes destination charge)

Is this a good deal? Its the end of the month so I'm expecting a lil bit more room to bargain; Would ideally like to get this down to the 32500-33000 range.
    edited March 2013
    Picked up from rt 23 Honda for 35002 otd yesterday also got the extended warranty of 100k 10 years for 1575 + tax

Some of you guys were able to get the extended warranty online. If you have the link and can share,

Thanks
  • chaozz1chaozz1 Member Posts: 49
    Sent a message to a friend there is a dealer that sells them a lot cheaper.
    will post with in 24 hours.
    Try this one:
    http://www.curryhondacare.com/

And this one:
    http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/index.php

I used quotes from those and my local dealer beat them both.
  • davemustainedavemustaine Member Posts: 3
    Pulled the trigger on the EXL in Louisville, KY. Total OTD $33500, includes all taxes, destination and accessories worth $1400 (and installation).

I was hunting for a good deal for quite some time and I think I got a great deal.

The accessories are as negotiable as the car itself so be agressive in your negotiations.

Great staff at Sam Swope Honda...
  • albertjohnnalbertjohnn Member Posts: 19
    I've just got an email from Andeson Honda of CA (SF Bay Area) that they are selling Ody EXL on April first for $30,388. Those who are in the race, run early morning tomorrow.
    http://www.andersonhonda.com/

(I am not a business man, I was a recent buyer of Ody)
  • albertjohnnalbertjohnn Member Posts: 19
    Sounds like a good deal as you got $1400 worth of accessories installed on your new Ody.. May I know what are these accessories ?
  • davemustainedavemustaine Member Posts: 3
    These are the accessories that I got:

Remote start
    All weather Mats
    Cargo Tray
    Roof Rails
    Side molding
    Door edge guards
    mud splashers
    first aid kit
  • actuallyalanaactuallyalana Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    Hi all - I've been following this forum for quite some time! We are finally doing away with our Sienna and going back to Odyssey, hopefully by the weekend. I've e-mailed some dealers and gotten quotes. I'm just looking for advice on the next steps. Do I try to get a better price by e-mail? I just want to have my ducks in a row before heading out.

Also, I went into a dealer yesterday (while my Sienna was in the shop) and the Internet Manager who'd sent me the quote had me look at a few Odysseys. The problem was - I knew more about the vans then he did! This bothered me. He kept giving me bad info. Would I still have to work with him if we went with that dealer?

As for incentives and rebates, do I bring those into play at the dealer?

Here are the few quotes I've received so far- Still waiting to hear what accessories etc are included.

1. $31,055 (includes destination and delivery)
    2. $31,457 (includes destination and delivery)
    3. $30,754 - not sure what is included.

Are these decent? The 3rd quote is not local - about 90 miles away. Thanks in advance!

ETA - We also plan on purchasing a new Accord at the same time. Not sure if this will help us get a good deal.
    The invoice price on the EX-L is $33,034 including destination.
    Honda is offering a $1000 dealer incentive which gets your price down to $32,034. So your first and third quotes look pretty strong (assuming the third quote includes destination). They look like strong deals to me.

That said, why take their first quote? I would email all three back and play off the numbers. Ask them for another $500 off and see what they say. Worst case they say no :)

I would also confirm if these prices include any dealer add-ons and what the full out the door breakdown price is including all taxes and fees. Depending on where you live some dealers will add a $300-700 dealer fee that they don't disclose until you are at the finance table. Best to get that info now.

You should 100% be leveraging your Accord, but they should be treated as two separate transactions and you should negotiate the best deal on each separately.

There is .09% financing on the Odyssey right now and .09-1.9% financing deals on the Accord as well, so try to take advantage of that.

Also view your trade-in as a seperate transaction and try to get the maximum trade-in on the vehicle. Kbb.com and nada.com are good tools to leverage what you should expect to get for trade-in.
    Thank you dc_driver! I live in California so I'm not sure on dealer fees, so thanks for bringing that up! I'm going to email them back and try some negotiation. As well as some OTD prices.
    The last price doesn't include the doc fee of $80, so essentially that is $30834.

And I'm seeing this e-prices are not based on actual in stock vehicles, so I need to get specific numbers on specific vehicles.
  • vballrefvballref Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    actuallyalana and anyone else,

when you email a dealer, are you giving a top 2-3 color choices if you aren't married to a single color? Also, are you requesting that they let you know if the dealer incentive is included in their price or is it before the 1500? I have an email roughed out that I plan to send out to all the dealers I plan to include as bcc's giving 3 color choices asking them to give me OTD. Anything else specific I should include in my email?

thanks