Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I don't think you take a 50% hit on ANY new car after one year these days... used car prices are strong.

Truth be told, I have seen a 50% drop in resale value compared to purchase price on my Elantra, which I bought new... 7 years ago. :)
  • Options
    supersize1supersize1 Member Posts: 10
    niccrirn

I had not heard that. Nor had my salesperson. He stated he had his manager put in a inquiry with their rep. No response back. Today is officaly the 8 week wait for our preferred allocation of 11' Elantra Limited in white with Black interior.

Because of the increase in desire, I have grown more concerned that our price of 21K OTD is not going to be provided, even though I have documentation of the agreement. NOthing legal is nothing solid.

I'll post whatever the dealership provides back anything about the color hold. It's really hard now days to sort the truth, from trying to lure you into something they already have in stock to move.

I have begun to see what other options are out there. The Prius is a great car as well but with current world modifiers are priced even higher. I'm willing to continue waiting at this point. Some point rebates will come out. :)
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    True that. I just looked up my ride. It's 16 months old & has 15K miles. KBB's suggested retail price is about equal to my negotiated original purchase price. Private party is a couple thousand less than that and trade-in is three thou less than private party. So worst case my car has lost around $5K or about 15% in more than a year. Call it 33 cents/mile. And it's an "oh-my-gawd-depreciation-is-horrendous" Mitsubishi.

My wife's '01 Elantra is coming in with private party sale price of around $3500. We bought it new for about $14K. So it has lost a lot of value, but then again it is 10 years old and we could not honestly rate it in Excellent condition as it has had to endure numerous door dings.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    niccirnniccirn Member Posts: 4
    I would be very interested in what the response back from the rep ends up being; I am officially in week 4 of my wait for a white Elantra Limited with Nav and Tan interior, but I said I would take a Black Elantra Limited with Grey Interior and Nav; they have been trying all week to make that trade with dealerships who "owe" them vehicles. In the meantime they have provided me with a sonata to drive since I already sold my car based on their initial projection. Based on this I do not believe they are trying to get out of our negotiated deal of 21800.
    I have also sent out an e-mail to the corporate offices to find out if they can locate any white Elantras.
  • Options
    Maybe you already tried this, but you can use the Internet search services e.g. cars.com to search for new 2011 Elantra Limiteds in white. I just did a nationwide search I got 23 hits, although I think some are inaccurate on color because they say "Phantom" vs. Pearl White. Then you can narrow down the search to those closest to you.
  • Options
    As far as the Limited goes, I do not find any white limited Elantras in my area, but I sure come up with a lot of sky blue Hyundai Elantras. My dealer's lot reflects that as well. They have a sky blue in every trim, and i have been to the dealer at least 6 times in the last month and the one thing I have noticed is they do not seem to be moving that particular color. So for those who are looking for a deal as opposed to what they prefer, I believe you can get the dealer to wiggle the most if you go for a sky blue Elantra.
  • Options
    califasramsfancalifasramsfan Member Posts: 31
    We just purchased the 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited w/o Navi, Titanium/Gray. We averaged 36 mpg on the first tank and absolutely love the car. Here's our purchase price information.
    MSRP $21,125, INVOICE $20,243.
    SALE $20,726, $483 over invoice
    Tax $1,818 Calif.
    Lic $336
    Doc Fee $55
    Sub Total $22,935
    Minus Grad Rebate $400.
    FINAL SALE PRICE $22,535.
    Dealership, Hardin Hyundai, Anaheim Ca.
    Most dealers wanted full MSRP or above so it took some work to get this price. Just Crazy!
    Hope this information helps.
  • Options
    monkeygodmonkeygod Member Posts: 7
    It's quite annoying when pretty much all their dealers are spewing that BS about only being able to sell at MSRP. Even though the Elantra was my first choice, not even having the ability to negotiate for final price is a huge negative. I ended up with a Mazda3 and didn't look back. I just hope that Hyundai is realizing they are turning people off with this so new attitude that they have.
  • Options
    steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    you made a good choice by going with the mazda 3.not only is it the best in it's class as far as handleing,and build quality goes,but it will also have much better resale value than the elantra.mazda 3 is #1 in resale value among compact cars..good luck with it.......
  • Options
    Based on a recent life change (2nd child on the way) and a wife no longer going to the 100 mile daily commute. We are actually taking a fresh look at car buying now.

My only complaint with Hyundai USA is the preferred allocation method from my expierence I've been unable to get any actual updates on our order. Apparently they show up when they show up. I try not to hold that against our dealer, but it's very frustrating.

The dealer pouncing on the interest is nothing new, and I dont' think it's Hyundai themselves doing it, since dealerships are not owned by Hyundai USA.

We are now on week 9 without our preferred allocation, without any hint the car exist. It's been a week since my sales guy told me his manager placed a call with his Hyundai rep to find any issue regarding the White exterior being on production hold.

I wish I could work on those type of deadlines........
  • Options
    zebzeb Member Posts: 57
    For what it's worth, the Ann Arbor Hyundai dealership did have a white one when I was there a couple weeks ago (but I think it had the beige interior). I'm starting to feel lucky that I got my silver one without too much trouble (I had to wait about a month). So far, I love it (actually I've only driven it once anyway since it's our second car, and my husband drives it to work). Looks cute next to our silver Santa Fe though :)
  • Options
    just returned from looking at a 2011 elantra gls with navigation.msrp down here in south fla is $21,095.00..dealer would not budge from msrp..all 6 of the elantras that they had in stock had navigation which adds about $2,800.00 to the price.to much to pay for something that iam probably only going to use as a novelty until it wears off,much like a sunroof..but i guess to most people is that the thinking is it's nice to know you have those options if you ever want to use them.
  • Options
    Here is some info shedding some light on shortages for specific colors:

Hyundai finds solution for pigment shortage:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I like how the savy release does not hint what colors were affected. I finally have good information on my dealing. After a couple more emails, traction has finally kicked in. They were able to confirm production limits on some colors. For us this would be white. The Hyundai rep was reluctant to give up that information since that could effect requested allocations.

Today makes 9 weeks from our order placement. We were able to strike a deal on an incoming limited of black on black with nav package, and give up our white allocation. My wife was hounding me to get something!

I was very happy to see the dealership didn't bloat the price as every other ones in the state seems to have done. Like I'm reading is happening everywhere. I have nothing but good to say towards the dealership. My frustration lies more with Hyundai itself and this "Preferred Allocation" process. A little bit of a tech up grade could keep more buyers happy.

I'm not a fan of hounding a salesperson for updates We did not require to haggle our price at all. But was quoted to us 2 months ago. We should be picking the car up next week. I'll update if anything else happens. But we are very excited to be nearing the end of this "interesting" adventure.
  • Options
    i agree with you sandman.i also seen this same identical car at my local hyundai dealership here in north miami beach.dealer would not budge from msrp of $18,450.00..did you ever think in a million years that a korean made car would command full sticker price?? 25 years ago when hyundai first started selling cars in the country if i had told you then that you would have to pay full msrp for car because it's a hot seller you would have said iam crazy..but that's how far they have come..you have to give credit where credit is due.....
  • Options
    wbr99wbr99 Member Posts: 51
    I've had the same experience this past weekend at Fitzgerald's Lakeforest Hyundai, in Gaithersburg, MD.

We were on our way to Criswell Honda to buy an '11 Civic LX and we thought we stop by the Hyundai dealership to test drive the Elantra to see if it was worth it.

The dealership was very busy. We were outside looking at cars for 15 minutes and no one came by to greet us. Same story inside, and no one cared to greet us there either. We finally sat in a corner and I went to the front desk and just stood there hoping that one of the four salesmen who were chatting would walk up to me. A minute passed and no one gave a damn. I finally asked them that I was looking for an Elantra GLS. The first guy looked at the second guy who looked at the third as if he was IT. He asked me what I was looking for and took me outside to show me a GLS which he couldn't find. We went inside and he offered a GLS for 18.5. I told him Fairfax Hyundai was offering a GLS with package 3 for 18.2-18.4 which was true, but I didn't have an email from them. He talked to his manager and came back and said with no proof in the form of an email or fax or something, no deal to match their price.

I walked out because they were one bunch of arrogant people. I have other expletives to describe them but I'd rather keep this post clean. I am a proud owner of an '11 Civic LX Sedan now.
  • Options
    Maybe for Fitzmall it's better to deal with their Internet Sales Manager. They are offering discounts on most 2011 Elantras they have in stock online, i.e. "Internet Pricing". Also I've found that dealing with the Internet sales people of other dealerships is relatively hassle-free, and a good way to get the best deal.

I've also found weekends are the worst time to buy a car, in general. That's when everyone is out shopping.
  • Options
    joegiantjoegiant Member Posts: 90
    April/May's not a real good time "to buy a car in general" either, backy. I much prefer the snow coming down sideways look of Jan/Feb...on a Friday night...at the end of the month. ;) As for the showroom experience, ignoring me are ya? You sales guys haven't seen a customer in weeks! "How can we help you?!" to which of course we respond, "Just looking". Whadduh circus.
  • Options
    taggart1taggart1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm looking for a silver Elantra GLS + Preferred package, and the dealer's called me that he'll have one in a week, but that it comes with iPod cable and mats. I said "Fine, just remove the two and we've got a deal", but he's claiming these come as they are from the factory and they cannot just remove the accessories.

I'm about to call BS, as removing non-factory installed options was never a problem when I bought cars before, but just thought to check if there's something weird/special with an Elantra that makes these two factory installed?
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Believe it or not, these typically do come on all of them. They just sort of toss them in as standard options. My sales person let me know this up front when we setup our allocation. That they typically do this at the factory. It's not an option to unselect when allocating, and the dealerships really don't seem to have control over it. The price for said items is under 100.00. I think I was quoted 64 total, that may very well be Invoice price compared to MSRP for those items.

He most likely will not budge on removing them since every car seems to be coming with them at least the preferred and limited models. If he removes them he won't have a model that he needs them for.

You could always negotiate them to be included for no cost. But if either you or your salesperson are going to lose a sale over 100 dollars in items that pretty much are included that's some stubborn minds. Why wouldn't you want floor mats?
  • Options
    pysapysa Member Posts: 1
    In the Baltimore/Washington area, I suggest using the United Buying Service. We were able to use their quote to get a Elantra Limited at below invoice price at our local dealer.
  • Options
    And, if anyone wants to use an iPod in that Elantra, the cable is required.

$100 in options on an $18,000 car is pretty small stuff. And the mats will help protect the carpet (and look better than cheapo mats doing it) which helps the ol' resale value.
  • Options
    don't know if the ALG resale value applies to the 2010 elantra as well or not but here's a short story..recently,my girlfriend was looking to trade-in her 2010 hyundai elantra gls with sunroof and navigation which she purchased in sept of 2009 for $16,870.00 plus the usual fee's.she likes the new 2011 chevy cruze since the hyundai dealers are not budging much from msrp with the 2011 elantra which was her first choice.anyway,she picked out a car and the dealer appraised her car at $9,000.00 for the trade-in.she was appaled to say the least.she told the dealer she paid $16,870.00 for the car and it only has 18,000 miles on it.she also went on to tell the dealer that the elantra is supposed to have a high resale value according to the ALG and she felt the the offer was a lowball offer.dealer told her that we don't know where you read that the elantra has a high resale value but the 9,000 dollar trade-in offer is the best they can do because it's a huyndai they said.bottom line here is that you may have read somewhere that the elantra has high resale value but when you go to trade-in the car to a dealer it'[s a totally different story and they will have none of that stuff about the elantra's high resale value...
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    edited May 2011
    Have you run Edmund's or KBB's appraisals on your girlfriend's Elantra? I just did a quick check here on Edmunds and a 2011 Elantra GLS with sunroof in my area brings up a trade-in value of $13071. Even NADA.com comes up with a similar price for trade-in. It seems to me like that Chevy dealership is trying to take advantage of her in this situation and make her and you think that Hyundai's haven't improved. And then they can make a ton of money reselling her trade-in for 13-15K or more!
  • Options
    drew11mdrew11m Guest Posts: 85
    Yeah I call BS as well. They are tryin to take advantage of you. Take your car to a Carmax if you have one, they will give you a pretty fair idea if what it's worth and buy it fromyou with no pressure or insistence on buying one of their cars to do so.

Also try a different chevy dealer. There is no way that act depreciated that much that quickly. Dealers make an absolute KILLING on used cars, especially now. A lowball offer to someone who is eager to buy a new car, and they detail and sell it for 3 or 4 grand higher.

Don't take less than it's worth, even if it takes a few
    Months
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I agree with the others. This is a case of the dealer smelling a softie and lowballing the trade. https://www.alg.com/ResidualValueAwards is where you can see plain as day about the Elantra. Of course, that is for the 2011 model. For 2010 a different car was tops in the compact class.

I went to nadaguides.com and plugged in an 18K miles 2010 Elantra GLS and my zip code. After adding nav & sunroof rough trade-in was $12,925, average was $14,050, and clean was $14,950. Clean retail was $17,875.

KBB is lower than NADA but still well above a flat $9K.

Out of curiosity, she's got a car that's only one model year old and has average-to-below-average mileage. Why would she want to get rid of it already?
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    crammedberrycrammedberry Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    I got a 2011 Elantra GLS Automatic Recently in California

It was the preferred package
    Plus floor mats and iPod cable along with a few dealer upgrades on paint etc...

I got it for $19900 including taxes, reg, fees, etc.... taxes and fees in California are insanely high.
    This didn't include financing charges, their rates are at 1.9% currently.

(MSRP is $18480, and asking price was even higher!... closer to 20k without taxes and fees)
    Price I paid for the car without taxes or fees was $17800,
    I'm assuming that's a good deal since invoice price is $17982. They still make money off the sale, even selling under invoice price.

Still, I was surprised to see people pay so much for this car. In california, the cars seem to be flying off the lots making it a little tough to bargain much, especially when so many people are willing to buy the car at MSRP or higher.
  • Options
    nikon11nikon11 Member Posts: 1
    I am a long time Fitzgerald's customer and I have always received good customer service from the sales and service departments. Maybe you should try contacting the manager, they have always been very responsive to my requests in the past.
  • Options
    miranda200miranda200 Member Posts: 15
    Bought a Hyundai Elantra Limited w/out Nav for $21,125 (with mats and iPod cable)two weeks ago. Sticker price. I wanted a small car with the best mpg that was also comfortable. Not a hybrid. No dealerships would go below sticker and most were going 2-4k above MSRP. I walked from 2 separate dealerships that wouldnt go below $22k. Also looked at Ford Focus 2012, Mazda3 2011. With leather heated seats seemed they were coming out above what I paid for the Elantra.

I really like my new car in every way. First tank went 350 miles. Had two adults in the back seat comfortably. Just not happy at paying sticker price. Was I foolish?
  • Options
    Why second-guess yourself now? It's done. You like the car in every way. Enjoy it. The money is spent.
  • Options
    hi folks,my girlfriend and i have compared these 2 cars rather closely since these were 2 cars she has been thinking about getting and she will decide which one soon.however,here are the facts about these two hot selling cars right now and which one is the better value..both the cruze ls and the elantra gls have msrp right around the same $18,480.00 give or take 100 bucks either way..however,the elantra gls smokes the chevy cruze as far as standard features go..this is what the elantra gls has over the chevy cruze LS which as i mentioned already are priced about the same...elantra has standard cruise control,4-wheel disks,more power 148 vs 136 in the cruze,power side mirrors,and better warranty and gas milaege as well.
  • Options
    bigdogbitubigdogbitu Member Posts: 39
    The Elantra is becoming more popular and thus the demand has increased. The dealers know this and everyone else is in the same boat.

I got lucky and found a Limited with nav back in December for $21,500 plus taxes and registration. However, the Corolla I sold back then is now worth $800 more! Enjoy your ride since you bought the right car!
  • Options
    Hi Backy - Thanks for the reassurance - you're absolutely right.
    And my lil sis says her Cruze is being recalled for a couple things.
    I guess we just like to think of ourselves as "good negotiators".
    Let it go let it go let it go.....
  • Options
    Hiya bigdog -
    Good foresight getting your Elantra early on! Too funny - my previous car was a Corolla too - but I sold it to my son. Compared to me you got your nav for free, so next time you use it say, "well done, me".
  • Options
    atlanticoneatlanticone Member Posts: 19
    There is no such thing as ordering from Hyundai. The dealer is just trying to hold onto you as long as possible, so you don't shop elsewhere. Do you have a Vin# yet? If you don't have a Vin#, then you aren't getting the car anytime soon.
  • Options
    atlanticoneatlanticone Member Posts: 19
    Hyundai is now guaranteeing your resale value. It is part of the new Assurance program they are running. If you trade in your car between years 2-4, then they will guarantee the trade in value of your car at that time.
  • Options
    califasramsfancalifasramsfan Member Posts: 31
    Take the warranty into consideration to help you make your decision. Piece of mind down the road when your car loses that new car smell.
    I've purchased three new Hyundai Elantras in the past 10 years, 2003, 2007 for my kids and a 2011 for me...no regrets.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    07740774 Member Posts: 8
    You are not stupid; the free market sets the price. All you did was meet the market.
  • Options
    Only way someone is truthfully (?) buying 11 Elantra under invoice is if dealer stole the trade. There is for now a nationwide dearth of 2011 Elantras. Buyers make the market not sellers.
  • Options
    In my experience, it's always first and foremost about gas prices when someone asks to see Elantra.
  • Options
    So just hop a flight to BWI, don't call or fax or email any dealership in advance in Washington Metro region to agree on price, APR, closing costs, etc, and then just walk into any Hyundai dealership in the region with the checkbook and "have your way" with the owner?
    Wow.
    Folks, if some of you try that strategy, let us know how that works out for you....
  • Options
    postnobillspostnobills Member Posts: 43
    0774-
    I don't know why you find this hard to believe. Go to overstock or any other zag site. Put in zip code 22202 (Arlington VA) and you will find two different dealers in the Maryland suburbs, one who will sell a GLS for $450 under invoice and another who is $400 under. And in MD, by law, dealers are capped at $100 maximum for dealer documentation and other fees. Three weeks ago when I bought my car the zag discount was $900 under invoice, so even here in the DC area demand is catching up with supply, and prices are creeping up.

I live in the DC area and had no trouble beating the zag price. Just walked into my closest dealer who was a zag participant, made them an offer a bit under the zag price, told them they could sell me the car at that price without my printing off the zag certificate, which meant they had no commission to pay to zag, or I'd go home and print off the certificate, in which case they'd have to pay their zag commission. They accepted my offer in less than 60 seconds, which tells me that the extra discount they gave me was less than the commission they'd have to pay zag. To be honest, it was one of the easiest new car buying experiences I've had in 35 years of car buying!
  • Options
    I'll definitely keep Zag in mind when we shop for my husbands new car. I tried American Express auto buying and had a print out of $20,300 for an Elantra Limited w/out nav. The dealers wiggled out of it cuz the AmEx fine print says its for cars already on the lot and no one has any actually "on the lot."

Thanks for sharing your tips.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    AMEX and ZAG are the same program... fyi...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    buffy43buffy43 Member Posts: 3
    This is actually re: a GLS pref. package and for a lease but same dealership; Hardin Hyundai. I have NO experience with buying or leasing a car whatsoever and would like to know if what I experienced today was normal and if I'm getting an ok deal. Thank you greatly for any advice/suggestions. I contacted this dealership after seeing a "True Car" price for them. I wanted the GLS w/ a leather upgrade which they said they could do for $1000 more. We "negotiated" all through email - True Car price of 17,058 + 1000 for leather. I was told my monthly payments would be $238.33 + $549 drive off which they said included my first monthly payment +DMV+ reg. I asked if there were any other inception fees and if so, were they being rolled into the lease payment and the response I got was "nope, thats it". Today I went in to sign the paperwork and was told they could not honor the True Car price because that price was for a "regular" GLS, those simply don't exist anywhere, and all I could get was a "preferred package" which would be $500 above the True Car price. I said "no thank you" and for the next two hours we went back and forth with numbers and two different salesmen walking in and out over and over until we came up with a price of 18, 120 (that includes the leather upgrade) + the drive off for a total of $18, 669. Then we argued some more because one of them decided for that good of a deal, he would not secure the color I wanted (something we had also haggled over previously but that he had finally agreed to) a car which is to be shipped in two weeks. Rather, I would need to pick from something on the lot. I said no and he finally agreed I could get the one I want that isnt yet on the lot. Then he asked for a deposit. He had told me $100 over the phone but now it was $500. I said no and he kept saying "I wont cash it, I wont cash it". I got him to agree to $100 and wrote him a check. Then he showed me a page on his computer screen with the details of the car (VIN, color, etc) and I asked him to forward it to me with the figures we agreed on and he said he couldnt do that. I finally got him to email me the VIN but not the figures we agreed upon. My questions 1) Was I haggling too much and am I being ridiculous in my "demands?" They were so incredibly frustrated with me and it was really uncomfortable. 2) Is it normal that they wont email me the numbers we agreed upon? Can I insist on these numbers or tell him no deal? Can he cash my check? 3) Where does tax figure into all this? Its obviously not in my drive off and I couldnt get him to answer my question about whether it was rolled into my monthly payments. 4) How do my monthly payments relate to the final sale price we agreed upon? It was the sale price, NOT the monthly payment amount that they were giving me such a hard time about. (I have read LOTS of tutorials in an effort to understand this, because I know the information is out there but my brain just cant rap my head around the figures - if someone can help me understan I would be so grateful.) 5) Lastly, how does the financing I get affect what I will pay? They ran my credit and I qualify for the "best rates" but they wont tell me what those are. Do they know what they are and are keeping it from me? I asked them what happens if I cant get financed and they said "dont worry that wont happen" Is there a way for me to verify that my financing was approved and again, can I ask them to send it to me in writing? Ok, for anyone who made it this far and has any suggestions at all, thank you so much for your time!
  • Options
    peace5419peace5419 Member Posts: 6
    buying a car is one of the most stessful experiences. compounding it now is the shortage of small cars due to fuel costs and the problems in japan. the dealer doesn't want to send you the information because he doesn't want you to go to another dealer to compare the price with hard copies of the deal. he will give you the VIN number and you can call Hyundai directly to verify that the car is what you exactly what you want. 1-800-633-5151. he should have given you an 'on the road' price including all options and fees. did he tell you when the car would be in? did you use invoice prices to negotiate? i have already walked out of dealers because of the back and forth with pricing. we were there one time for over three hours and I walked and bought the car somewhere else. are you a member of any credit union because most of them have buying services to help you. hope that helps. good luck. i have been trying to buy a GLS with manual transmission for over a month and none exist on the east coast.
  • Options
    alan80alan80 Member Posts: 1
    Folks, no one should EVER pay MSRP for a car. I went to my local Hyundai delaer, and yes the Elantra was flying off the lot. When I told the Sales Manager I never paid sticker for a car, he said, "there is a first-time for everything." Well, as you can imagine, I left, and began getting quotes on the internet for an Elantra. I found a dealer that was willing to sell me a fully loaded Emtra Limited (w/Premium Package, MSRP $22,900 for $21,700. Not a great deal, but better than sticker. When you compare a comparably equuiped 2012 Focus or Civic, you are getting a great value.
  • Options
    buffy43buffy43 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Peace! I will definitely call that number to verify the car. I believe the sale price I negotiated was below invoice. Edmunds lists invoice as 17, 879 for Elanta GLS + pref and the price I negotiated was 17, 120 + 1,000 add on for leather upgrade so 18, 120. The gave me an estimated date that the car would be arriving and said if it didn't come by then they would let me drive a free rental until it does. I got them to put this in writing for me yesterday but as of yet they will NOT give me a drive off price. I am now going to email them and tell them I will walk if they wont give me a written drive off price. I am not trying to haggle it down any further (thank you for explaining to me why they are so reluctant, now I understand), merely want to understand what I am paying for and know that they will honor their deal. Thanks again for your explanations and the #, you were very helpful to me. Good luck in your own search as well.
  • Options
    peace5419peace5419 Member Posts: 6
    So glad that I could help. Please let us know when you do get your car. I am being realistic and doubt that I will end up with an Elantra. I may try for an Accent or the new Veloster because I can't get a manual transmission on an Elantra. Though I may run into the same problem trying to get a manual. I really want to stick with a Hyundai but I am really turned off by this. My husband has a four year old Azera and absolutely loves it. He would like me to get a Sonata (they are available here on the East Coast with manual) but I prefer smaller cars. Again good luck!
  • Options
    hi folks,iam in orlando visiting for a few days from my home in hallandale beach,fla and thought that maybe i could get a better deal on a elantra up here than the quotes i have been getting from where i live..it's even worse up here..they have added a $2500.00 ADM mark-up of the 2011 elantra gls with the preffered package to the msrp of $18,480.00.which total $20.980.00 and the dealer would not budge from this price with the ADM...salesman said that this is a dream car right now and that i have to pay for that dream.....what a [non-permissible content removed]...