Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danielw1danielw1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi akkijain,
    can you tell me which dealership (and name of the person) offered this price? I am also in the bay area, and looking for EXL. thanks in advance for your help!
  • ph1ph1 Member Posts: 8
    Tried 3 different dealers...
    1st not willing to negotiate until I was ready to buy
    2nd 27500 + 600 dealer fee + taxes etc...
    3rd 28100 + 600 dealer fee + taxes etc...
    is there any mention of the 750 down payment assistance anywhere? Also does your dealership charge dealer fees?
  • omahahahaomahahaha Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Well, I've never not had a reply on a forum before, even though I posted this in the wrong category. Thought I'd at least get a "hey dummy, you're in the wrong category" lol. Oh well. Wife and I decided to buy so I thought I'd post my deal in case it helps someone else negotiate their deal.

New 2013 Odyssey EX-L w/RES plus these OEM Honda accessories installed: splash guard set, door edge guards, body side molding, door visors, all season floor mats, cargo tray, roof rails, cross bars, and fog lights. Out the door price is $33,850. How'd I do?
  • apadyyapadyy Member Posts: 15
    It is from Gwinnett Place honda,Duluth.
    Ex-L quote from Atlanta dealer. is this worth proceeding

sale price - $30,548 (include destination, accessories and dealer admin fee)- accessories are mudguards, wheel locks and cargo tray
    ga tax - 2193.75
    tag - 80

OTD - 32,821.75 with finance option

The same dealer is quoting an OTD of 37,950.88 for Touring.
  • mike762mike762 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2013
    It was showing here on Edmunds for a little while as dealer cash but I ended finding out from a couple of dealers that it is down payment assistance which means it gets applied after the total is tallied. Also, this seems to be limited and once a dealership has exhausted their pool you're out of luck.

Yes, there was $184 in fees but most of them sounded legit and nowhere as bad as some of the ones I've seen on here.

Here is the breakdown of the deal I got on a Smoky Topaz EX base.

$28,055 - Odyssey EX Base
    $0 - Body molding
    $0 - Splash guards
    $903.30 - 6% Tax
    $131 - Doc fee
    $5 - PA tire tax
    $5 - Encumbrance
    $22.50 - Title
    $6 - Transfer
    -$750 - Down payment assistance from Honda

$28,377.80 OTD
  • charles_guycharles_guy Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    dealer said tonight COULD NOT DO THE DEAL quoted last week cause they had no more cash coupons.

buncha thanx mike762.

now I know hondas flexcash is "Also, this seems to be limited and once a dealership has exhausted their pool you're out of luck." I thought my local stealer was bulling me.

gonna check with others tmorrow

thanx and wheres your dealer at?
  • seabee12seabee12 Member Posts: 4
    I think it's an awesome deal, but it depends on your state--Taxes?
  • omahahahaomahahaha Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    I never finance my taxes. It's bad enough I'm buying a new vehicle instead of a used one. But even for my thick-headedness, paying interest on taxes is not a good move lol! Sales Tax here in Nebraska is 7%. That and the title and license fees are going to be around $2,500. I'll pay that out of my own pocket within 30 days. I chaulk it up to living someplace with relatively low crime, low housing prices, good schools and low unemployment.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    PH1 is also in atlanta and looking to buy an odyssesy and im also in atlanta but havent decided between odyssey and sienna, but if i do get an odyssesy, thats 3 in one deal, we could get a really nice discount? What do you think?
    Theres 1 other person in atlanta looking to buy an odyssey and i might get one also and im in atlanta too. Might get a huge discount working together?
    yes anytime. I am ready. I am looking for Ex-l or touring. I think if we go as a gang can bargain some good accessories too. Let me know. we need to get this happen by tomorrow else good models/colors in inventory may be gone. I saw people from Alabama and Tennessee shopping here.
    Can we meet at any dealership today evening anytime after 7PM?
  • dnatdnat Member Posts: 3
    Hi akkijain, did that 32600 OTD price work out?
    my email address username is same as the edmunds user name. i use gmail. please email me your contact number and we can touchbase
  • akkijainakkijain Member Posts: 17
    Sorry didn't go yesterday but plan to go today in next hr.I will surely let you know.
  • mike762mike762 Member Posts: 5
    My dealer was Bobby Rahal Honda in Mechanicsburg, PA.
  • akkijainakkijain Member Posts: 17
    Yes, I bought EX-L today OTD 32600 in East Bay area but no accessories at all. I think this is decent price.

The price was around 29900 incl destination and rest were CA taxes, LIC, Documentations etc.

Please send me your email and I will send you the dealer name..
  • dnatdnat Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Congrats and it was a great price.
    edited April 2013
    I might be buying tomorrow. Is this too soon for you? Well I suppose you guys gonna buy in the next two days as well if you want the .9%
    I tried emailing you but says address does not exist?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Please refrain from posting email addresses in the forums.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

i am ready to buy anytime ..Sunday afternoon prefered. can we meet at a particular time in a dealership.
    i am ready to buy anytime ..Sunday afternoon prefered. can we meet at a particular time in a dealership.
    my email id is in the profile. You can use that one. I am getting all other mail from this forum
    can't see your email in your profile...u want to meet at gwinett place Honda around 230-3? I'm looking at getting the ex.
    edited April 2013
    I am planning to be there around 1.30 today
  • tg_odytg_ody Member Posts: 4
    "The price was around 29900 incl destination and rest were CA taxes, LIC, Documentations etc. "

Hi, I just don't understand how people are getting these prices. The invoice on this is $32536, minus $2200 in incentives and you're still over $30,000. How did you get it for $29,900? Great deal by the way, just wondering how it's possible. I'm not able to get dealers in my area within $1500 of what you paid.

Thanks
    Ok This is the final deal and got the vehicle today

Odyssey-ExL - Polished metal metallic. OTD - 33,101 (Includes accessories body color molding, wheel lock, trunk tray, splash guards). I added the body color sidemolding and it costs approx $300. rest of the accessories were part of the deal.
    Congratulations! Do you have a break down of the price please?
    Did you contact any other dealers to see if they would beat it?

I decided to go for the Touring, but I want it in Polished metal and they seem to be scarce.

Trucar has it for 35985 inc destination, which isn't a bad price. I have an 07 Civic EX (66k) that they're offering 8k for, which is ok, but i'd prefer to get 9 for it. Then I hope they throw in the accessories, for a good value. Oh and can I also have my own fairy :-)

With the Yen depreciating, I can only see better deals coming in the coming months. I know the cars are built in the US, but the profit is sent back to Japan.
    30279 (internet price including accessories wheel lock, trunk tray and splash guards, body color guards)
    549.00 -doc fee
    2193.75 - ga tax
    80 title
  • pvr_njpvr_nj Member Posts: 8
    SaggyNJ, did you get a chance to share your quote? Thank you.
  • venu_kvenu_k Member Posts: 1
    Hi akkijain, not sure which part of CA you are from. But in Sacramento and surrounding areas all dealers give internet pricing. You need to ask for Internet Manager or enquire on their website. Yesterday I closed EX at 27950 Base Price + Fees+Taxes.
    Hi,

I just got the run around from a dealer who said they had the car in stock but will in fact get it from elsewhere. How can I check someone who has it in stock already?

Alternatively, I'll see what they can do by bringing one in.

Thanks
    Guys I got my EX for a little above 30k (mud guards, all weather mats)

27500 + fees

most of the other dealers were building up walls at 31500 OTD around 28400 ish base price. They were like where are you getting your numbers from and we aren't making money etc. They tried showing me how used car prices were higher then the deal they were giving me and so on.

But luckily I had a good offer from one dealer.

Couple of more months and i'm going to get a touring edition, we'll see what happens then...

Thanks for the info everyone. Best of luck to all those still in
  • gudigudi Member Posts: 7
    Hi Akki,

Can you give the dealer name. Can't send mail as your mail id is set to private profile

Thanks.
    Hi,
    what dealer did you get this from? I'm looking for a Touring now. Are you going to wait for the 2014 Touring?
    Yeah gonna wait till the end of the year when 2014 dust settles down and they come on sale.

Curry
    Thanks Venu!
    Hi Everyone,

Can someone give me a breakdown of what a good deal is on an EXL with Navigation? Preferably the price including destination with no added options, not the OTD price, since those vary by state.

I've seen a few base EXL deals posted for about 30K including destination. So I figured I should be able to get the EXL with navigation for 32K. Most internet managers are quoting $33,500 though. They seem shocked at the 32K number.

So can someone tell me what a good deal would be on these?

Thank you in advance.

Tom
  • kona9kona9 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to say first that I am located in NY. I got a late start shopping for an EX-L and might pull the trigger on one before the 1.9% for 72 months ends. Anyone know how often they have the 1.9% for 72? Anyway, I contacted 3 dealers via email and received 2 offers. One was for 30, 300 (no mention of additional charges) and the other for 30,700 (plus tax and DMV). I've been to the local dealer twice and today received their best price of 31,033 (plus tax and DMV). My wife and I want a few accessories such as the roof rails, mudguards and allweather mats/cargo mat. The final price offered to us with all the accessories was 31, 314. Do you think I can do better? I might call one of the other dealers tomorrow, but need to make a decision by tomorrow afternoon if I am going to buy it this month. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Tom, goto truecar.com and get a price from there and then approach other local dealers for a better price.
  • windman88windman88 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Bought 2013 Odyssey Touring at $37,200 with finance in NC. Is this reasonable?

I guess somebody else could get better deal, say, at $37,000 with more dealer's options if he/she is better at negotiation.
    hi

Your price seems great, but a break down of the price is needed as sales tax is different in each state

Thank you
  • kona9kona9 Member Posts: 6
    I never got a response here, but here is how it went down at a different dealer than I originally posted:

$30,640 for an EX-L in Topaz (a color we really like) including all-weather mats, cargo tray, mudguards and roof rails. That price included all but tax and DMV charges. The deal went smoothly and we should be picking it up tonight as they had to order the roof rails.
  • ckmraockmrao Member Posts: 8
    kona9, is this a base EX-L or EX-L with Navigation?
  • windman88windman88 Member Posts: 2
    The sales tax here in NC is about 3% which is about $1130. Is this helpful?
    If you ignore the dealers, it was obvious Honda will keep increasing incentives as we get closer to 2014 release. One dealer was able to add a 750 discount, but it may be even more than this. Another told me they're getting $2000 incentive from Honda. Bottom line, i have a quote of an EXL for $26721 inc destination! Total break down is this:
    SALE PRICE $26,721.00
    DESTINATION INCLUDED
    ACCESSORIES $0.00
    DEALER FEE $599.99
    TITLE TAX $2,193.75
    TITLE FEES $139.75
    DRIVE OUT $29,654.49

I'm expecting more quotes but that's an amazing price as it is.
    Which deal er in atlanta. Could you please mail me the quote