Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Elantra Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• amcdan1amcdan1 Member Posts: 14
    The GT doesn't seem very common in this area. Anyone buy from an Indianapolis, IN dealer? If so, any comments - positive or negative - you can provide?

Thanks.
  • dmarzo1dmarzo1 Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

I am the happy new owner of a Hyundai Elantra GT; 2001 new with ABS, traction control, moon roof and auto trans.

Purchase price was $14,600....after tax et al, final bill was $15,350. I feel like I got a good deal and am happy with it

Dave
  • newgtbuyernewgtbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to start looking for a 2002 GT (with moon and ABS) in the Boston metro area. Any advice on honest dealerships and good prices? Thanks!
  • storkdudestorkdude Member Posts: 26
    I paid 850 below MSRP for auto/ moonroof/ abs/ tc/ mats and mudguards. I really didn't haggle much as I didn't have the time--bought it over the phone. I don't regret it.
  • mklambmklamb Member Posts: 1
    Paid $14,150+TT&L for Pewter, Manual Trans, Package 11 (ABS+TCS, Sunroof) + Floor mats + Mudguards. Did not haggle at all - bought it over e-mail. Met the person only after the deal was agreed upon. Perfect buying experience. Shameless plug - contact Ryan Shoupe at Gillman Hyundai in Austin : (800) 955-3980.
  • 1robbie11robbie1 Member Posts: 3
    I live 6 hours away from a large city in which they are advertising the base GLS for less than 11000.00. My local, small town, dealer wants closer to 14000.00. I plan to make a trip and go after the cheaper ones, however, I am concerned that they may be bait and switch type ploys. Has anyone had trouble getting the car they wanted from the dealer advertising?
  • dmarzo1dmarzo1 Member Posts: 37
    There are two key phrases in the small print of the ads to look for:

- "Dealer options additional": This is usually a sure sign they will charge you $800 (give or take) for an appearance package (pinstripes)--it is an option of the dealer, not yours

- "Includes all incentives" One of the big Hyundai incentives right now (I think it is still available) is the loyalty program. If you currently own a Hyundai, you get $1000 rebate if you buy a new one. If not you don't. The ad may factor that $1000 in eventhough you may not qualify for it

Before you drive all that way, a call to the salesoffice is a good idea. Just call and say, I see your add for $11K...what does that include? what else gets added in to that price? do I have to qualify for any rebates? If they cant answer those questions simply, I would not deal with them

I think you will find the gap (between your local dealer and the other) to narrow significantly if you factor it all in but you never know. I would drive 6 hours to save 3K. I would not do it to save $500--and my guess is that the gap is smaller than you think

Dave
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The other thing to look for in the ad is whether there is an invoice number by the car in the add. This is another way of saying, "There is only one car at this price", in other words, it's a loss-leader to draw people into the showroom. This happened to me back in the fall of 2000 when I was shopping for the brand-new '01 Elantra GLS. A dealer was advertising a base model for $11,300, which I thought was a good price at that time, for my area. I went there and indeed, they did have one car at that price. I decided not to buy it that day, however, and went home to think it over. The next day I decided I wanted the car and called the salesman, who told me the car was gone. They did have other Elantras, at much higher prices of course. The next day, I saw the same ad running--$11,300. I called the salesman and asked him why they were running ads on cars they did not have. He explained it took awhile to cancel an ad. OK. But the same ad ran the next day. And the next day. Plenty of time to cancel an ad. So I called the sales manager and asked him about the ad. He said they would honor the ad price on a base model that was due in with their next shipment, in a couple of days. I asked about color. He didn't know, but if I didn't like it I could get my deposit back. I made a $500 deposit, applicable to the purchase price. The car came in, and it wasn't a color I liked. The sales manager told me I could have a car with package 2 for $11,700. They had one 5-speed, ocean blue. Not a bad color, but I already have a blue minivan. Anyway, I started calling other dealers and found one with a package 2 in the color I wanted, and after some negotiating with the sales manager was able to get down to the other dealer's price.
    Sorry for the rambling. The moral of this story is to check all the fine print, talk directly with the dealership (preferably the sales manager), and get at least a verbal agreement (better yet a written one via fax or email) before making a 6-hour trip. You might also put a deposit down, by credit card (can be cancelled), which is refundable if you don't like the car for any reason, to hold the car until you get there.
  • nevdesignnevdesign Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up my new GT on friday. I love it. Just to post I paid something like $15050 and then adding tax and such brought it to $16900. I live in cook county and the sales tax is high. Bought it at Terry's Hyundai and had to haggle quite a bit but would up get the price and financing that I needed to walk out of there.
  • risa5risa5 Member Posts: 23
    Bought my 2002 GT/automatic with ABS/moonroof/floormats/mudguards for $15,550 + tax, documentation fee and licence and registration. That brought my total to $16,613.
    No haggling involved. I emailed my offer of $15,550 to the internet sales rep at Extreme Hyundai in Bloomington,IL. He found the car for me and I was able to pick up the car in just over 24 hours from when I made my offer. I'm very happy -- my first new car buy and totally on my own except for advice from Edmunds.
    I noticed that a number of you used the internet to purchase your cars. If you buy something through the internet you don't have to pay sales tax, right? Please advise. Thanks
  • gt_fangt_fan Member Posts: 159
    I bought my GT a month ago and haven't gotten around to putting in my $.02 here yet. Due to the scarcity of GT's in Colorado, I ended up inking the deal for $15,395 for a 2002 5spd with sunroof, ABS, mats, mudguards and cargo net. I got them to throw in the window tint and a clear adhesive bra on the front, but then they turned around and added their $395 shipping and handling fee. They didn't mention that one during the negotiations (they never do!) and after another half hour of arguing back and forth, they wouldn't budge. So I bit the bullet and went with it. This was the only 5spd with ABS I could find after calling six dealers, so I figured I'd better get it while I still could. I'm sure the dealers will be more flexible when Hyundai starts bringing in more GT's, but with the murderous, ongoing, never ending, "You want HOW much to fix it?" expenses on my Audi, I had to make the move now. After 1900 miles with the GT, I'm very happy I did.

My understanding of the internet deals is that you may set and agree to the price on the net, but the transaction still happens at the dealer, so for tax purposes it's like you walked in off the street. Uncle Sam still gets his cut. One nice thing on my deal though; I bought my car in Denver, but since I actually live out in unincorporated El Paso county, I only paid the 3.75% county sales tax and not the ridiculous Denver city taxes. Yahoo!!!
  • themassivethemassive Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my new GT last Monday and received it on Thursday (had to ship in the exact car I wanted from Wisconsin -- I live in the Twin Cities).

I bought a 2002 black 5-speed w/ moonroof, floor mats, mud flaps, and wind deflector for $14,350. After tax, registration, documentation, etc, the total was $15,518. I think I made out like a bandit.

A couple notes: I originally started negotiating with an independent broker. I quickly realized that he thought I was some sort of rube that hadn't done my research (which, thanks to Edmunds.com and contributors like you guys wasn't the case) and started bumping the price on me. At this point I left his office and kept his original price (before the bumps) in my head. I called two Hyundai dealers I had done test drives at and told them the price to beat. One dealer beat it, while the other would only meet it. After a little more negotiations, I went with the dealer that beat the number -- a number now some $450 below the broker's final price. The $14,350 I paid pre-tax is something like $30 above the Edmunds TMV.

I closed the deal on Monday, but because I was very exact on the car I wanted, the dealer had to import it from out of state, making me wait until Thursday.

However, at no point in the negotiations were the topics of destination fees or the dreaded advertising fees mentioned, and in the end I paid for neither.

I must say that the dealer I bought from was incredibly easy to work with -- no pressure and nice negotiating style. However, having done my research I went into this prepared and came out one happy guy in my black GT. I've only put a little over 200 miles on it so far, but I've got absolutely no regrets...
  • risa5risa5 Member Posts: 23
    I used the internet in the sense that I made my offer via e-mail. However, I was still buying from an Illinois dealer, so I was subject to the Illinois state tax. The only tax I was exempt from was the city tax where the dealer is located. I don't reside in the same city, so I was exempt.
  • agirlcalledbobagirlcalledbob Member Posts: 2
    Car: 2002 Elantra GT, option 11 (only option available but not taken was the sunroof deflector- I like the wind).

Price: Before taxes and all that other stuff $13900 :) After taxes and all that, and my $1500 downpayment I only had to finance $13549.35

Not freakin' bad for a brand new car. Gotta love Hyundai's! (and what ever luck I had and mistakes made by the dealership)
  • litolpealitolpea Member Posts: 4
    i paid 13198 ish..
    this is what i got:
    2001 (bought it back in sept. 2001), manual 5 speed, moonroof, cd, 6 speakers, keyless remote entry, the works...for a lot less than others were asking. i went to carsdirect.com and got a quote for like, 13500 i think...and the dealership beat it, and gave it to me for invoice..
  • toronadotoronado Member Posts: 4
    Picked up my 2002 GT 5 spd in Rally Red
    last Tuesday. Every option but the cargo
    net. Paid 13428 out the door/still have
    to pay TT&L. No haggling at all/this was
    the offer they made to me! No trade/money
    down--100% financing/2 years/6% rate.
    Only driven about 220 miles so far but I
    think I'm gonna love this car!
    Purchased new 2002 GLS on 02/20/2002 for $11500.00 after the $500 rebate. Five speed with package 2 (cruise control, keyless entry/alarm), mud guards, floor mats and trunk net. They showed me their invoice of $12700 which included approximately $300 for advertising. The MSRP was $13500. They were willing to deal. No trade in and was 100% financed. I am happy. Deal was done in San Antonio, Texas.
  • ross2764ross2764 Member Posts: 3
    2002 Elantra GLS with automatic. Standard cassette radio and cloth seats. Advertised for $11,975 plus a $500 rebate. No sales tax in NH. Brought entire deal in for under 12k with all dealer and title fees. Very happy with price.
  • lokannalokanna Member Posts: 22
    Purchased on 2/27/02, Chianti Red GLS Automatic with Package 5. Extra's were floor mats and a killswitch alarm. Paid $300 under invoice after the rebate. Got the alarm free because I didn't need it and they didn't want to take it out :)
  • ajenkins23ajenkins23 Member Posts: 15
    I am in the Boston area and about to put down my deposit. 5 speed with Option 11 - $14,370. after tax and document fee, total will be $15,270. I shopped around at several dealers and eventually found what I think is a great deal!
  • ajenkins23ajenkins23 Member Posts: 15
    If you post your e-mail address, I can provide you with the info about my dealer on the North Shore, Boston. I was very happy!
  • dieselheaddieselhead Member Posts: 7
    I bought from Dean Donald at Ed Voyles Hyundai/Subaru in N Atlanta. He located the car I was looking for in N. Carolina and had a driver bring it down.
    Base Invoice: $12,885
    Option 11: $ 1,033
    Floormats: $ 44

Destination: $ 495
    Advertising: $ 404

dealer profit $ 350

-----------------------------------------

Total Invoice: $15,211
    Tax: $ 912
    TTL+doc fee ($5) $ 45

Total: $16,168

The car also came with muguards and pinstriping. Considering the near absence of this particular color (pewter) in 5 spd with the ABS/moonroof package I felt happy about paying a little higher than some of the deals others have been able to negotiate. Dean is a nice guy and i recommend working with him. We did a lot of email to and fro, including the price negotiation. When it came time to visit the dealership to pick up the vehicle and write the check everything was smooth sailing.
  • gt_jenkgt_jenk Member Posts: 4
    Just drove home tonight in my new Carbon Blue GT -- only 5 spd in San Diego metro area for weeks! Paid 14,300, opt. 10, cargo net, mud flaps. Purchased at Frank Hyundai, Nat'l City. They were kind enough to pick up the balance on my '97 Integra that needs a new compressor, so I'm not hurting too bad. Went through Auto-by-tel. GT's are a complete steal. Already diggin'.
  • rwr1708rwr1708 Member Posts: 34
    I picked up my new GT last week. I was looking for a 5-spd, with pkg. 11, and only found three of them in all of western PA (one blk, one silver, and one chianti red). Luckily for me, those three were at two dealers who were willing to fight tooth and nail against each other for my business. But, the one had a black GT, and that was what I wanted, so that's what I got. I paid $14588 (MSRP $16006), but took what I felt was a $200 hit on my trade. All in all, it still came under Edmunds' TMV. For a car that is that tough to find, I feel I did very well. Sure I had to haggle a little, but I got the car I wanted (black GT 5-spd, pkg. 11, floormats, mud guards, and pinstripe) for a good price. It's a great feeling. I feel I fought the beast and won!
  • igorkayigorkay Member Posts: 1
    Paid $14500 (Tax and TTL+Tax $1326.25) Pewter GT Auto Package 11, mud guards, mats, cargo net - everything except wind deflector. Got it delivered yesterday by Plaza Auto Mall (Nostrand Ave and Ave N), Brooklyn, NY. Took me some time to find the right color+options, even called Hyundai to trace cars in NYC area.
  • teamjdcteamjdc Member Posts: 12
    2002 Elantra GLS
    Automatic
    Package 4 (moonroof, etc)
    Mud guards
    Floor mats
    Wind Deflector
    CA emmissions

MSRP = $15,494
    Paid $12,761 after $750 rebate.

Bought through Carsdirect.com & took delivery in SF Bay Area.

BTW, after searching for a while, I discovered there is currently a $1400 fleet incentive.
    No wonder Hertz stocks Elantras!

So, what constitutes a "fleet"? Would my family's fleet of two cars qualify? ;-)
  • skathskath Member Posts: 7
    In some of the prices I'm seeing here,people are getting the GT with option 11 for what seems to be WAY below invoice? Is this possible, or is it because of the location of where they bought it? I am getting invoice prices listed as around 15,500(automatic) and the best offer I am getting online from dealers is 16,200. Im seeing some people have paid under 14,000 (but I'm unsure if they are 5 speed or automatic) I really would like to get this car for 14,000-14,500 but am not sure if this is toally unreasonable, any ideas?
  • rallyredrallyred Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up my 2002 GT with AT and option 11 from Steven's Creek Hyundai in San Jose. I just walked on to the lot on a Monday and told them I was ready to buy. After a surprisingly short negotiation, they offered to hand it over for exactly $100 above invoice.

They didn't tack on any extra fees and the invoice price they quoted was consistent with my research ($15,644). I was pretty surprised it was all so easy. Then again, nobody likes red (except me ;), so maybe they were happy to get rid of it.

I searched five dealerships on both sides of the bay and could not find a manual transmission with package 11. Every salesperson checked their back lots and came back insisting that they never get cars equipped like that out here. It might be true. The GT manuals were rarer than the automatics, and none of them had package 11.

I didn't know about it when I ordered, but you might look at carsdirect.com. They will guarantee you a price below invoice on a GT, and they'll use their dealer network to scrounge up the configuration you want. If you go this route, let me know if you have any success!
    Go to Carsdirect.com, get their price and call Randy Hall @ Doten Hyundai in Richmond. Tell him JD in Modesto sent you.

Randy is wonderful. All he does is internet sales and he does very well. The guy is so busy that he washes and delivers his sales. He works his butt off and will treat you very well and I'm sure he'll beat any dealer's price in northern California.

As for price, Hyundai has a large fleet incentive for dealers right now. Expect to buy below invoice.
    thanks for the info! if anyone else has any idea if it is is possible, or how to manage to get the GT auto with 11 for in the 14-14500 range in san francisco/bayarea, please let me know. I think we will be giving randy a call and I will post what we get it for.
  • timtriolotimtriolo Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I'm searching for a 2001 Hyundai GT. I currently own a '97 Tiburon, but need more room. The websites I've visited list that people are paying around $9,938 for them. When I've tried to make offers to dealerships, they tell me I'm out of my mind. Wholesale on the car is $7,500, so I thought my offers of $11,200 were great, but they won't budge. Oddly, they are willing to sell a new one for $14,500 with moonroof, which is $500 under invoice. They all want $12,995- $13,995 for these 2001's. Am I crazy or does this seem out of whack? Is it in my negotiating technique or are these website figures off? (I've checked several sites but have no idea where people are able to buy them around $9,938). Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
  • indomieindomie Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2001.5 GT (new) last week. I got it in Cranberry with a manual transmission, sunroof, and floor mats. It also has pinstripes and a few other dealer extra which I refused to pay for since I didn't want them. Total price - $12,550 (plus TTL). I'm pretty pleased. I don't mind that it is last year's model at this price esp. considering I plan to keep it for years and years and years. I was getting 29.6 mpg and was just past the 1200 mile break-in when a log came flying through the air and smashed my hood and grill. It has been in the shop for a very long week getting fixed. I should get it back Monday, though. Yay!

Tim, check the Elantra GT message board for more on what I went through with my recent 2K1.5 purchase....
  • gt_fangt_fan Member Posts: 159
    I was driving down Ute Pass this afternoon (just north of Pikes Peak) and had the cruise control on. As I crested a small rise, I got to a section where I normally just put the car in neutral and coast for a few miles. Well, this time instead of disengaging the cruise with the switch or the gas pedal, I just pushed in the clutch, which also disengages the cruise. All was normal for about 30 seconds or so, but then I heard a racing engine above the stereo. At first I thought it was the motorcycle that was passing me, but then I realize it was MY engine. The tach shot way up and started bouncing off the rev limiter. I quick tapped the brake pedal and the engine dropped back to idle.

I'm quite certain that I didn't inadvertently step on the gas pedal, so I'm guessing that it's some kind of fault with the cruise control. I'm going to have it looked at my 7500 mile service (just turned 6000 today).

Otherwise, everything else with the car has been perfect. My mileage continues to improve, my last tank got me 34.3 mpg!
    Well, after trying to buy a 2001 used GT with not luck negotiating with anyone from Chicago to Green Bay, WI, I gave up and decided to look at the new 2002's. I returned (big mistake) to the dealer who wouldn't budge on the price of a 2001 with 14K on it (he would only come down to $13,200). I had spent over four hours in his dealership yesterday. After driving my car yesterday they offered me $3,500 on my '97 Tiburon with 75K miles in great condition. When we spoke on the phone they offered to beat a quote of $500 under invoice that I got in Chicago, so like an idiot I went in after they assured me that the $3,500 trade was sound. After waiting a full hour, they got to me and we agreed on $14,500 even less my $3,500 trade. I gave them a deposit. Then they asked for my keys (again) and took it for another spin. I am again waiting for a half hour, and the salesman rushes by and says "did they talk to you yet?" I knew there was a problem. Sure enough the "manager" whom I loath comes in with the offer sheet all inked up with a black marker and tells me that there is a problem with my car. He says, "as you know your clutch is fried and your CV joint it bad". I couldn't believe this b.s. He offered me $1,500 for the car! I went to my mechanic (who had just inspected and tuned up my car) fuming from my episode at the dealership, and my mechanic looked at everthing and said the dealer was full of b.s. At the very least he said I could replace the ball bearing on the drivers side. So I did: $25 cost. The mechanic and I both drove the vehicle, and nothing was wrong with it. It is in super clean condition to boot. Has anyone else experience what I am going throught trying to negotiate? Have these Hyundai dealers become so arrogant? What recourse, if any, do I have with this dealer, whom I believe engages in unethical tactics and shifty practices? When the manager looked away, I took the inked up sheets with his notes and put them in my folder before I asked for me keys and credit card back and stormed out of the place. I am considering taking my certified mechanic's inspection and the window sticker copies/dealer notes and forwarding them together to one of the local consumer protection divisions of one of the local t.v. stations who get off on exposing shifty mechanics/service depts. all the time. Any suggestions anyone? And furthermore, any suggestions on how to reach an honest deal with any of these people? Thanks,Tim
    Any suggestions??? Just one: stay as far away from these bozos as you can! Until after you buy your GT. Then be sure to swing by there to say hello to the sales manager. And be sure to tell all your friends, acquaintances, and co-workers about this place. You might also want to write a letter to the owner of the place and explain why you and your progeny will never do business with them. You might get an apology, and you might not, but you will feel better for writing the letter. Send a copy to your local Better Business Bureau (if the dealer is a member--the BBB can tell you).
  • boggikimboggikim Member Posts: 1
    On 4/27/2002
    I have purchased the hyundai elantra 2002 model
    automatic, cruise control, keyless entry (pkg 2)
    Mug, carpet, cargo net.
    MSRP was 14370.
    Ivoice was 12400 after 750 rebate.
    My price was 11800 after 750 rebate.
    Sounds like a Carsdirect deal, right in line with what I paid for my pkg 4 auto GLS (mg, mats, wd)... paid 12761 (msrp 15494)
  • florianionflorianion Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

After 10 days of intensive searching (Internet, newspapers, friends) I bought an Elantra GT 2002, automatic, no package. I have paid 12998, before taxes, title, docs. The destination fee was included in 12998.

Some dealers said it's impossible to buy the car at this price. It is a new one (8mi). I had no trade-in. Also, I paid with cash, they said at this price they cannot finance the car (0.9%).

The car it's great. The only thing I am concerned it's the brakes, they have a smell and the disks become heated after a notmal 10min city trip. Anybody any suggestions?

The best deals I found were in newspapers. A GLS basic stands at 9999$ and they are ready to sell the car for the price (no tricks). GT is not coming with a price in the newspapers, but if your negociation skills are tough-enough you might have a deal.

I'll come back when I reach 500mi, see how it goes.

Florian.

P.S. BTW, thanks to edmunds.com for the articles, reviews, prices, and to you guys, who are posting in here.
    Congratulations on your new GT! And the great deal you got!

Re brake smell--are you sure it isn't the characteristic "Hyundai new car smell", caused by a sealant they use to protect the car during shipment? It's a strong smell that could be mistaken for a brake smell. The sealant gets on the exhaust system. Don't worry, it burns off after a week or two.

How did you determine that the disc brakes heat up excessively after 10 miles of city driving (compared to, I assume, other cars you've driven with 4-wheel discs)?
  • florianionflorianion Member Posts: 2
    Hi backy,

No, it's not the Hyundai smell (actually leather smells really good...). It's kind of a heated plastic smell and with my nose I have detected it to come from all 4 wheels.

Indeed, I cannot compare it with another car 4-wheel disks, this is the first one. But the rotors get so heated, you cannot touch them. Fortunately, the temperature on the allow wheel, close to the rim is normal. I might ask the dealer about it, if the smell continues.

Has anybody any idea how to find the effective production date of the car?

Indeed, as somebody else said, the dealers asked for good marks on the survey. I'll give them 5s, there's nothing to complain about. I had the price over the e-mail, went there and bought the car. They explained everything I wanted to know.

I keep seeing 2001.5 and 2002. How can one find the difference between these models?

Thank you and happy motoring!
    Well, I finally got my GT from a dealer in WI for $14,089. The car is a Cranberry (not available anymore) with no package.The price includes the destination charge of $500 and the ridiculous advertising fee of $400 (I should start charging my clients an advertising fee for the privilege of giving me their business. Right). The price is exactly $500 below invoice, and they gave me $3,500 for my trade-in on my '97 Tiburon with 75,000 miles. I was satisfied, and the dealership gave me great service. To Florianion: how did you get them down to $13,000? That's $1,100 under what I paid. Congratulations! Just out of Curiousity, which dealership was it. I tried to look at the GT in Chicago and didn't find them to be that competitive. Email me and let me know where you went and what your secret is! Thanks,Tim
  • indyslimindyslim Member Posts: 7
    Hi y'all,

First thanks to everyone for the information you've put up in this board.
    There are 5 hyundai dealers in St. Louis and the best offer I've got is $14,800 for the GT with 5 speed and package 11. (The highest was 16,500 !). Does that sound like a reasonable price?

Another question: Does it matter where you buy the car with regards to the taxes? Or is it solely dependent on where you live? As you guessed, I'm a first time buyer.

Thanks a lot.
    14800 is invoice and that's the best I've seen GT's go for which makes me real suspicious of the Chicago deal above.
  • dbwellsdbwells Member Posts: 44
    I live fairly close to Chicago, and would also be very interested to find our which dealer you worked with. Please e-mail me at dbwells@usa.net

Thanks,
    DW
    After purchasing my Cranberry GT a week ago, I drove past a used dealer who has a 2002 Cranberry GT with Sunroof and 2K miles on it on his lot for $9,495. It includes a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and the 5 year bumper to bumper and roadside. Would be a good deal for someone looking for a GT in WI or IL. Wish I had found it before I bought mine new. Email me if you want the dealer contact info.
    -TT
  • ljr1ljr1 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my Midnight Grey Elantra GLS, Package 4 for $12,678 + TTL for a total of $13,510. Nothing down 100% financed. I did spluge and get after factory leather installed for an extra $1K, but I figure, if I'm going to have the car for a long time, I might as well go first class!
    I am from milwaukee but in CA now, if I could get to that car i would buy it, it seems like a good deal to me from the 2 months of research i've been doing, unless it has some bad history. I cannot find a used 2002 OR 2001 GT ANYWHERE, for months really. same for a used 2002 sonata.

for anyones info, we were offered a 2002 GT , A/T, silver, for 14,296(before tax) with package 10

This was by the same dealer who provides the cars direct quote, and after an email inquiry offered it to us for quite a bit less then their own cars direct price.

Since then I have noticed that recently the cars direct base price on all hyundais has dropped 250$.

Does anyone know if this is a special incentive or rebate(it doesnt say) or if the price has in general just been decreased for all hyundais? It may be just regional too. Any info on this would be helpful!
  • boardwlkboardwlk Member Posts: 3
    I just puchased a used 2001 GT in the Philadelphia area ... black, auto, option pkg. 10, with only 5500 miles. Total came to $11750 +TTL = $12600 out the door. This may not be the steal of the century but the opportunity was right given the low miles, in my opinion.

Fence-sitters should not lose patience ... we're starting to see some used GTs hit the market, and this is only the tip of the iceberg.