Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sjjohnnysjjohnny Member Posts: 4
    41 is too much for a 2014 touring. I am also looking for one and I already have quotes ranging from 800 to 300 dollars UNDER invoice.
  • didureloaddidureload Member Posts: 9
    I see Touring offered at 39,704 on truecar near me in Philly
  • kingmeatkingmeat Member Posts: 10
    About the same figure in Charlotte, 39,649. $40052 in Atlanta
  • nautilus1nautilus1 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for all your response.
    I'll continue to negotiate and search.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Passenger Van in 40201
    MSRP PRICING:
    $42,710
    Target Price: $39,904
    Pricing as of 7/27/13 in zip code 40201
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • lornlyturtlelornlyturtle Member Posts: 2
    I found the information here helpful, so I thought I would share the stats from my purchase today. The 2013 Odysseys seem to be in short supply, many dealers within a 100 mile radius had 1-2 EX-L (without RES or Nav), there was one dealer in Roseville with 6 EX-L.

Here's what I got:
    28721.61 Cash Price (Including Destination Fee)
    $500 for the interior/exterior fabric protection
    $600 for 3 years maintenance package
    $3075 for TTL + $80 dealer doc fee

Total came to $33887 out the door

The dealer invoice was about $31000 (Maybe 33000, don't remember) on this car, MSRP of 36055. Vehicle also came with wheel locks and door guards.

I sent out an email last night to about 13 dealers, and got 5 offers before noon the next day. I used the lowest offer to get an almost price match at a local dealer with the color I wanted ($250 more than the online offer) This price beat the lowest "TrueCar" price of 30054.

Hope this information helps someone.
  • rangsrangs Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    HI lornlyturtle ,

Can you tell us if $28721 included the Miltary & graduation incentive of $500 each? also were there any other incentive which was included to get it down to $28721?

Were you able to get it down to $30000 OTD?

thanks-Rangs
    Thanks to all for responding to my thread.
    Just thought I'll give you an update on 2014 Odyssey Touring pricing for the Houston area. Talked to about 6 dealers at length (via email, phone, and also in-person at the showroom) in this area. Even though True Car target pricing for 2014 Odyssey Touring for the Houston area (77002 - 77494) is $39,900 with MSRP of $42,760, no dealer as of now is honoring True Car/Consumer Reports target pricing certificate as of now. Looks like there are only a few Touring models available in inventory and/or en route, demand is high and so Touring models are getting pre-sold at only $500-$700 below MSRP. Maybe these early buyers aren't good negotiators or are not doing their pricing research/homework with true car & consumer reports, etc and making this a dealers market. C'mon Houstonians, wake up ;-)!
  • lornlyturtlelornlyturtle Member Posts: 2
    28721 did not include either military or college incentives. It didn't include any incentives at all. I got that price by following the process outlined in my original post- emailing many dealers and asking for an offer.

With California TTL fees at about 3000 it would have been difficult to get the car at 30000 OTD.
  • mk2013mk2013 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    It's nice forum. Let me give details about my recent purchase

Bought: 2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L RES
    Base: $30000
    Accessories: $165
    Total OTD: 33905
    Bought Extended warranty $100 ded 8y/100K miles for $1300 + tax 91 ( this can be refunded later if i don't like it)

Got the financing for 0.9% for 5y/60m

Purchased dealer in NJ
    which nj dealer?
  • mk2013mk2013 Member Posts: 2
    Garden state honda clifton
    edited July 2013
    Bought new 2013 EX-L in NJ last evening.
    32k OTD
    probably paid 500$ more than i would have liked; but the dealer wont budge; didn't wanted to wait anymore.
    includes mud flaps, wheellocks, trunk tray.
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2013
    I hope someone can help advise if the quote I received is a good deal? I could hold out a few more months if absolutely necessary if it would make a significant difference, but would rather just pull the trigger if savings likely to be marginal. Delivery is in 2 wks.

Break down as follows:

Van: $41,447.00
    documentation fee: $250
    title: 33.50

Total before taxes: $41,500.50

tax: 6.75%

Thank you so much in advance for any help!!
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for sharing your experiences here. May I know from whom you bought this odyssey?

Thanks
    This is a really good price! May I know where did you buy it? I will appreciate it very much if more information regarding the person you dealt with can be provided. Thanks
  • vtoomuvtoomu Member Posts: 3
    Purchased on 7/20/2013
    Price paid out the door( including mud-flaps and NC taxes) $30,300.
    Took Honda Financing at 0.9% for 60 months.

Dealers in Raleigh area were unwilling to go below $31,700 out the door.

Very easy guy to work with. Sales guy was pretty much a straight shooter. Negotiated on the phone from Raleigh, NC over two days for a couple of times back and forth.

By the time I got there to pick up the van, he had it washed, full tank of gas and ready to go. The van had 8 miles on it. Definitely recommend. I was in and out of the dealership in under 45 minutes.
  • uma5uma5 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    I'm in the market for a honda odyssey EX-L with RES. What should be the price i should be looking at. Which website do folks here use to get quotes from multiple dealers? Need some guidance please.
    30,000 sounds like a great price. I dont get any quotes below 31,800+ Is it safe for me to get it delivered from another location. In case of transmission issues or any other major issues, how do we deal with it.
    EX-L w/RES
    I would suggest to shoot for 30,500 sale price
    ya sounds great. But i'm not receiving any quotes for less than 31500. What is the best way to approach dealerships. Most of dealerships here dont have many honda odysseys in stock (2013). I live in montgomery area.
  • nycconnectnycconnect Member Posts: 8
    Same for me. Most dealers here are out of 2013 EX. There are a few EXL and many LX. The best for EXL without RES or NAV i received is $30,200.
    edited August 2013
    For EX-L, I think 28,500 - 29,000 is possible based on what I read on this and other forums. With inventory dwindling, you might not be able to score at all if you wait any longer.
    So, add your local tax + tag + doc fee cost to 28,500 - 29,000 and come up with a final OTD price; offer that to the dealer.

early in July, I did receive quote of 28,495 for EX-L (no accessories) from a PA dealer; that was the best quote I received; dealers had 750 flex cash at that time; now its only 500 flex cash.
    Hey,

$30200 is OTD? or the base price before adding the taxes and other fees.

thanks-Rangs
  • momoguoguomomoguoguo Member Posts: 2
    hi, can you tell me the name of the dealer and the sales person? I really want to buy a 2013 Odyssey EX. I think the price is good.

Thanks!
    Base price.
  • jd77jd77 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    I want to share my recent experience purchasing a 2013 Touring Elite. After requesting email quotes from various dealerships I visited the four Honda Dealerships in the Chicago area that provided me the best prices. I was wowed by the professionalism, integrity, knowledge, customer service and most importantly price I received from Valley Honda in Aurora. Cheryl Butler (Sales Rep) and Kurt Gonzalez (Sales Manager) did an outstanding job every step of the way through negotiations, making my family feel at home in their beautiful "Disneylike" meticulously clean showroom and final delivery/walk through. I would recommend highly giving Cheryl/Kurt an opportunity to earn your business.

Touring Elite Black w/Gray Leather (No options)
    Price: $37,770
    Doc Fee: $189.30
    Honda Cash Downpayment: $500
    .9% for 60 months
    Hondacare 8 year/120,000 for $1325

** I had a trade-in so it would be confusing to show more numbers
  • zimmerjfzimmerjf Member Posts: 6
    I've got a written offer for a 2013 Odyssey LX of $26,200 out the door(6.5%) sales tax.

Does anyone think I can get better?
    Does Honda Odyssey EX-L 2013 model come with Spare tyres? or is it an option which the buyer can opt for with a cost.
  • icekicek Member Posts: 2
    Just used TrueCar to buy a 2013 EX-L for $28534 +plus taxes and fees here in the Boston area.
  • momoguoguomomoguoguo Member Posts: 2
    can you tell me the name of the dealer? I want to also buy one! Thanks!
  • icekicek Member Posts: 2
    Honda Cars Of Boston in Everett
    that's a great price, congrats!
    edited August 2013
    Looks like 2013 EX-L is cheaper than a sienna XLE? Is there still a good reason to buy sienna?
    Just bought the 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring model, modern steel metallic from Anderson Honda in Maryland. (Got the pricing from Carwoo and was contacted by Greg Itzoe – in and out in less than one hour)

Trim: Touring

Vehicle Price: $38,569

Destination: $0 (included in price)

Doc Fees: $196

Taxes: I live in NJ so 7%, $2699.83

Tags: $24 (Temp tags in order to drive it from MD to NJ); around $331 for 4 years of registration and tags in NJ

OTD: $41819.80
  • rsb7rsb7 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a 2014 Odyssey in EX trim and have got few quotes back from Houston, TX area dealers. The best one so far is $29,900 base price and do not include destination & handling ($830). Is this is a decent price? What'd be a reasonable price?

Thanks
  • pntdpntd Member Posts: 5
    After asking for price quotes on 2013 model, I decided to go with 2014 model instead as most of dealers were asking for around $30,500 - $30,700 for 2013 EX-L. Price seems to be higher in Pacific NW compared to other parts of country.

One dealer came back and told me that it only sold 2014 Odyssey at sticker price only. This particular dealer didn't even want to negotiate. The best offer was $33,400 including mud guards + registration/title. There is no sale tax in Oregon. My wife wanted modern steel metallic color which they didn't have one in stock. We put down $1000 so they could place the order which would take between 4-6 weeks.

One dealer was asking $33,500 including mud guards and that was the only one that came close. All dealers in Portland/Vancouver area wanted at least mid $34K.

Hope this information helps.
  • rsb7rsb7 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for the details. I assume the price of $33,400 includes destination & handling also.

After further negotiations, I have a final price of $30,500 (includes destination & handling, $830 + dealer accessories, $200) + title & tax. The invoice price difference between EX & EX-L is about $3,500 and my price is $2,900 below yours. I am still leaving $600 on the table??
  • pntdpntd Member Posts: 5
    $33,400 does include destination and handling. I think you can still negotiate a little more on your EX if you're not in a hurry. The end of the year is coming so there will be deals. For 2014 model, the best case is getting invoice price. Invoice + up to $200 is fair price.

Jay, at Hillsboro Honda, gave me this deal. McMinnville Honda came within $100
    I got under invoice . See my post a few posts before this
    I also live in Houston and I found dealers not willing to negotiate for the 2014 odyssey. I'm looking for 2014 touring and the best offer I got was $41,000 (about $1800 more than invoice). I didnt find any dealer ready to sell at invoice for any 2014 trim. My suggestion is wait until inventories build up because 2014 odyssey is selling at MSRP or just under in Houston currently due to high demand.
    Or you can buy it from the dealers that are selling under invoice then go to uship.com and ship it directly to your house .
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    McMinnville Honda (in Oregon) is advertising a 2014 EX for $29,999+TTL
    http://www.mcminnvillehonda.com/portland-honda-odyssey-cars

This is the cheapest that I have seen in the pacific northwest (WA & OR states). If you have seen a cheaper price, pls let me know.
  • ttffttff Member Posts: 1
    Could you let me know the dealership? Thanks
  • logylogy Member Posts: 5
    Hi icek,

I just looked at 2013 Ex-l true car price and its listed as $29,934 Just curious to know how your price was $28534 , that is $500 less after taking out dest.fee. Does the true car price vary from state to state ?
    Thanks
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    True Car does vary by location.

Thing to understand about TC is the prices they provide are not the best price. TC is designed to appeal to people who are not comfortable with negotiating. While TC is certainly better than full price, TC is never the best price.

At a minimum, the TC price is overstated by $300 which is the amount the dealer pays TC for each sale. The TC price is actually a price set by the dealer. It is a price the dealer would be very happy to receive. TC prices are, in reality, not any different than the prices one would see at a no haggle dealership.

Last few vehicles I have bought were priced several hundreds less than TC. The best method to compute a pricing goal is to take invoice and deduct all incentives and holdback. Add a few hundred for dealer profit and start your offer at that point. Work up from that number, never down from the dealer's offer.
    Most dealers in CT are offering 2014 EX at 30k incl destination plus tax, title and reg.

I am not in hurry but wondering if I wait another 3-5 months would the pricing on EX come down to say maybe 29k plus tax, title and registration.
  • darrenhodarrenho Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L in SoCal and thought I'd share it here:
    2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    MSRP: $36,455
    Final price I got: #33,891
    Lease terms: 36 months
    MF: 0.00105
    Down/Drive-off: $2,372 (including a $1,400 negative equity for my trade-in)
    Monthly payment: $490.73 (after tax, 8%)
    I was able to negotiate to get something like Honda Care (not the exact term) for $1/month. Honda Care provides free oil changes, road side assistance, road hazard protection...etc for 3 years. Originally, it was $8/month.
    May not be the best deal here. But just for you guys' reference.
  • mommyboyvanmommyboyvan Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone who posted here! Helped when looking for pricing.

Bought a 2014 Touring Elite in the dark grey with light grey interior in Southern California (Orange County). Most dealerships would only sell at sticker, a lot didn't have any in stock or only one, dealers wouldn't trade these to each other, and TrueCar price was laughed at by most. So I was very excited to come across this:

Price (including destination): $41,440

Add ons (that we asked them to put on car): $600 (roof rails, crossbars, installation, and 2 additional touring elite wireless headsets).

Warranty (8 yr/120,000 with $100 deductible): $1900 (wanted $2500, wished we got cheaper)

Loan: 2.5% for 72 months (we got lower than Honda top tier rate and lower than our credit union to help offset the warranty price)

Going to talk to them about purchasing all weather mats at cost. The sales department was great. NO negotiating. We told them the price we wanted and they gave it to us! They even gave us what we wanted in our trade in without us even asking. Overall great experience. Might not be as cheap as some got, but for our area... I took it!
  • cookieyangcookieyang Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Paid $32,788 (includes destination) + tax, fees at Marin Honda for 2014 EXL - standard model, no accessories, no extras. I think we got a good deal.

Also took advantage of 0.9% financing for 3 years.