Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• phil_qcphil_qc Member Posts: 11
    Hey isellhondas,
    We all know that you never drove a CRV that PTTR but one thing I can tell you is that mine pull, the demo that I try
    in september did not pull. The Vs that don't pull feel like a normal car but Vs that pull are something else: The
    steering wheel is heavier (harder to turn) on the left side, the steering wheel don't return to the center position after a right turn but at 2:00. When the steering wheel turn to the right after an acceleration but don't need a constant correction once started, it's tork steer BUT when you need to correct the dirrection all the time and that it's always to the right, it's the foking PTTR !

Facts: -it's not the tires
    -it's not the allignment (it could but it's not)
    -it's not the struts plates (an excuse for fixing the real problem)

It could be the power steering pump or system (it happen about once or twice a month: the steering become easier to turn overall and the car go straight and the steering return is normal, but it only last a day or two) or something else in the steering rack...

If someone have more idea, feel free to post about it.
    The dealers have try everything the could try to fix the problem (TSB, subframe, tires, alignment, struts, etc.)

Philippe
  • crvmanncrvmann Member Posts: 2
    My Crv Broke down last night, I had to take a bus home, it was cold!As I turned the key the engine turned over fine(battery ok)but it did not start.Seemed like it was not getting fuel.Secondly,when a tow truck arrived we could not get it out of Park gear.Yes, I depressed the brake and all.Question: why didn't it start? Why did it lock in Park Gear with 45,000 miles?Thanks, Mike.
  • crvmanncrvmann Member Posts: 2
    What is the best way to have it towed locally w/o damaging the car? Late model CRV.
  • bshelbshel Member Posts: 232
    is it AWD? flat bed tow truck is a good choice.
  • terryp1terryp1 Member Posts: 55
    I don't sell Hondas unless you count private re-sale. I've owned six of them, including the Acura Legend that I've been driving for 11 years and still enjoy as much as when I first got it. Calling what some of us are experiencing simply a matter of "drift" is like calling a cliff a slope.

I understand what "torque steer" is and I know what "road crown" is. And while I'm not a professional mechanic, I do most of the work on my vehicles, which has included some engine rebuilds many years ago, plenty of tie rods over the years and recently a ball joint in my beater Mazda pickup. I started driving in 1965 (did a valve job on my first car then, a '57 Chevy.) I have never experienced anything like the pulling and jerking to the right I've had with this 2005 CR-V.

Under hard acceleration in on a road curving to the left it is like walking a leashed pit bull that wants to go off into someone's yard. During regular cruising it's like a headstrong chihuaha tugging that same direction. From a dead stop, hands off the steering wheel, putting the pedal to the floor moves the vehicle at a 45-degree angle and halfway into the right lane within 20 to 25 feet.

I took it back to the dealer this week for the fourth time. This time it was at American Honda's request in response to my Lemon Law letter. In the past the dealer did alignments and tire rotations. The third time I took the service bulletin with me and they carried out its recommendation. (Note that they had the service bulletin the first time I complained, but I had to find out about it on internet forums.)

I thought this most recent, and last, time that they'd pull out all stops and make something happen.

But, no. They simply switched the two front tires. Those tires had been rotated at 3,000 miles when we first complained and now had another 7,000 on them. That's 7,000 miles of steady pulling to the right.

Radial tires develop memories, i.e. adjust their directional structure or whatever the technical term might be. In effect, we've been steering the car in one direction while it has tried to drive in another. It was no surprise that when I drove it with the mechanic after he switched them, it now pulled to the left because of that memory. And I explained that to him. He said bring it back to him whenever the problem arises. The pull to the left will be very temporary. Still, even now a good romp on the accelerator sure enough jerks the steering wheel to the right.

I'm as sure as can be that the front tires will re-learn their love of the right hand side of the road. I wonder if many of the cars we test drive before purchase have not started PTTR yet because they have very low mileage (ours had 25) and the front tires haven't yet learned to be bad.

What the dealer did by switching my two front tires, which goes against the tire rotation diagram in the owner's manula, was a trick. They could more easily have let some air out of the left front tire and achieved the same result.

I think that if, as some say on this forum, the greater percentage of CR-Vs did not have PTTR that Honda would see to it that some of those making complaints about it get one of the good ones. I've asked for a vehicle that meets warranty (mine is unsafe) or a buy back. The buy backs, especially under Virginia's Lemon Law, are expensive for Honda. Here's a pertinent section:"Collateral charges" means any sales-related charges including but not limited to sales tax, license fees, registration fees, title fees, finance charges and interest, transportation charges, dealer preparation charges or any other charges for service contracts, undercoating, rust proofing or installed options...."

A few days ago I read all the complaints about this filed with the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Some are filed under "steering" and some under "suspension." A quick count showed my complaint was No. 32, though a couple of the others may have been redundant. I think that is the tip of an iceberg as far as numbers are concerned.

First, a lot of people just live with the PTTR because the dealer keeps saying everything is OK. That shuts down a lot of people. And the dealer can keep doing the tire rotation trick till the warranty runs out, then the cost of complaining shuts them down. Consider also the recourcefulness and effort it takes for someone to find out about NHTSA and the complaint process and then follow through on it.

My wife and I are now out more than $1,000 in time away from work to deal with this. I filed a request with BBB yesterday for arbitration.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I understand. I'm sure some CRV's may do this. All I'm saying is I have never experienced this nor have I even heard of this EXCEPT in these forums.

I do have to wonder, WHY would you accelerate hard while making a left turn? I guess I don't do that.

And, WHY would you take your hands off the steering wheel and then floorboard your gas pedal?

I should go try these things with my CRV. Maybe I have the same "problem".
    I do those things with acceleration and curves for testing the PTTR, not as a matter of course. I thought that was implied in my post. Heck, why do the federal government and insurance companies deliberately crash cars into immovable objects?
    If I do extreme things to "test" for something, I'll experience the same thing?

But, why would I do that? I'm not a timid driver by any means, and my CRV has never done anything unusual!
    Perhaps an explanation of my methodology will address both those question marks.

I put three vehicles through the same tests at the same locations, same conditions, same speeds: my CR-V and Acura Legend, as well as a friend's 2005 RAV4. All have automatic transmissions.

From a dead stop on a flat surface, hands off the wheel, pedal to the carpet, all went straight ahead for more than 100 feet except the CR-V. (Anticipating the questiton: I had to stop the others at 100 feet because I was not performing a crash test.) I posted the CR-V's results above.

When accelerating into the curve all of the cars moved into the curve and headed toward a location off the road, of course. I let go of the wheel for only a fraction of a second. Let's say it was for the amount of time it might take someone to react when they're lightly holding the wheel, while on cruise control, and going uphill into a curve.....and the cruise control kicks the car into a lower gear. Uh-oh. The CR-V's response was significantly greater and in a self-amplifying way -- meaning that the more it pulls the harder it pulls and thus it pulls more, all very quickly. I stopped short of saying ad infinitem in the previous sentence because pretty soon you meet a guardrail, tree or ditch. That's why I'm concerned.

If you have a Honda CR-V with PTTR, which plenty of us believe is a real phenomenon (as does Honda, since it wouldn't put out a service bulletin on it unless it felt it had to do so), and you do these extreme tests you'll get these results. Some of us would rather not have a car that responds like that when real life becomes extreme through no choice of our own, as it sometimes does, such as an emergency situation at high speed.
    Sometimes extreme is not a test.
    To each his own, I suppose.

I guess I have more important things to worry about rather than performing some extreme test.

Our CRV performs just fine. We love it!
  • langerlanger Member Posts: 6
    How do I change my drive belt? It says in the manual to release the tensioner but I can't seem to locate it. Help? :confuse:
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    I understand. I'm sure some CRV's may do this. All I'm saying is I have never experienced this nor have I even heard of this EXCEPT in these forums.

I appreciate that you keep saying you've never experienced this, nor heard about it anywhere but in this forum.

To me that means you've been lucky. Even Honda has acknowledged there IS a problem with some CR-Vs by publishing a TSB that attempts to address the problem.

To continue to dispute evidence that a problem not only exists, but has been officially acknowledged by the manufacturer, and challenge people who are complaining about the problem reduces your credibility in my eyes. Or just proves that you are what your name implies - a car salesman that will say anything to make a sale.

JM2C
  • langerlanger Member Posts: 6
    can nobody shed any light on my simple quest to change my drive belt? (please?)
  • italiadarioitaliadario Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I agree 100% with you, i do the same exact test to my 06 AWD CRV and all it wants to do is take to the right, on right curves on the freeway i cam pretty much let go and it will do the turn by itself. I am a fresh off the boat emigrant from ITALY,after 5 years of old clinkers and lots of savings, my wife and I finally made the step to but a new auto. Took for granted a Honda after all we heard about it, and now here we are with a quite great dissapointment.As I said in my previous posting they gave my new car an allinment at its first 700 miles!!I could have cried.At first they told me that it was normal, and that Hondas tend to go in the direction of the asphalt, so i asked if in America all the roads go to the right, i know all roads lead to Rome , but its new to me that they all go to the right!! After the allinment, i had a chance to sneek in the back and have a word with one of the meccanics, and he told me something about the whole car shifting to the side on a sharp curve. That was all kind of like rocket science to me, not knowing how to work on cars!!
    Its killing me just to think of all the time off work that i will be loosing for this problem, that as i understand is not easy to fix!!I thank you all for your revieus, each one verry usefull to me. dariell@volcano.net
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    After owning two CRVS and after driving and riding in, literally HUNDREDS of CRV's, I have yet to experience even ONE that pulled to the right!

That is the truth.

I think some people may be thinking that a gradual drift to the right when their hands are taken off the wheel is a "pull" when in fact, it is a normal "drift".

Some people have stronger upper body than others :P

I too had PTTR, I wouldn't have considred it a problem, but when I found out about the TSB, I had my dealer fix it. Did it bother me to the point of not being able to drive? Nope. No two cars are identical, each has its own character. If PTTR is causing someone to get sore arms, maybe they should start working out and building up that upper body strength :P If anyone of these people are in Buffalo area, I would be willing to train them for free, just as courtesy to fellow CR-V owner.
    My Crv Broke down last night, I had to take a bus home, it was cold!As I turned the key the engine turned over fine(battery ok)but it did not start.Seemed like it was not getting fuel.Secondly,when a tow truck arrived we could not get it out of Park gear.Yes, I depressed the brake and all.Question: why didn't it start? Why did it lock in Park Gear with 45,000 miles?Thanks, Mike.

Sounds like a dead battery or lose connection. When you press the prake pedal the solenoid inside the steering column releases the tranny shifter to allow you to shift. When there is no juice from the battery, the solenoid did not release, and you could not shift. This is probably why the engine would not turn over as well.

The OWNER's MANUAL explains what to do to relase the shifter when the solenoid is not powered. The manual usually has alot of useful information.
    No, I haven't been "lucky". I think a few people have been "unlucky" because they have had problems!

I don't dispute for a minute that a problem exists with some CRV's. Problems tend to get overblown in these forums to the point a casual reader would think the problem effects a large percentage of the production rather than a few isolated cases.

Can you understand that?
    If you ask this question in the Maintenance Forum you will probably get the answer you are looking for.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    " Problems tend to get overblown in these forums to the point a casual reader would think the problem effects a large percentage of the production rather than a few isolated cases. "

Well said.....

Gooooooooooo Seahawks!!!!!
    Thank you, that was the point I was trying to make.

And, yeah...quite a team...finally!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Try posting your question here:

Technical Questions

Host
  • romanmromanm Member Posts: 34
    Not to discourage you in any way. It just my observation from what I have been reading on several CR-V forums (for about a year) -- seems like only one or two people had their PTTR issue successfully resolved through the Lemon Law.
    Nice try, dude. I can bench press more than my own weight and recently picked up new washer, dryer and refrigerator at Sears in my beater pickup and then wrestled them into the house and set them up by myself -- with my arm in a cast, broken playing basebally in our fall-ball league. But damned if I can drive my CR-V a hundred miles without my arm aching.
    How do I change my drive belt? It says in the manual to release the tensioner but I can't seem to locate it. Help?

Maybe this will help. #6 is the tensioner. You can try some other diagrams at Majestic Honda. (Special thanks to people who suggested this site earlier.)

• fussycrvownerfussycrvowner Member Posts: 179
    There are instructions to change the drive belt on alldata.com. It looks like basically a matter of using a breaker bar with the square head in the hole of the tensioner and pulling to release the belt. The belt is held on by the spring tension to the idler pulley.
  • fussycrvownerfussycrvowner Member Posts: 179
    I appreciate all of those who have the PTTR issue. In my particular case, it was relatively minor. I had the bulletin in hand and had the strut plates rotated. That did indeed correct the PTTR. The other issue which cropped up was the tires wore out prematurely at 26,000 miles. Or maybe "premature" is a bad choice of words since the tires were affected by the alignment being off. Anyway all said and done, I replaced the tires and had the Honda dealer do the alignment. No more PTTR and handling is superb. The two go together and one being off will affect the other. It's refreshing to know that there are still a majority of Vs out there without the PTTR. One other item to consider would be handling in shipping? Who knows how they are secured to the truck and bounce around in transit? ;)
    No, I haven't been "lucky". I think a few people have been "unlucky" because they have had problems!

A much better description than mine. Those with PTTR were unlucky enough to buy one of the few CR-Vs that have the problem.

I don't dispute for a minute that a problem exists with some CRV's.

But yet you keep saying you have driven lots of CR-Vs, work for a dealership, and yet have never heard about this problem except for here in the Edmunds forums. I've read about it in more than one online forum, and mentioned it to the service writer the last time I was at the Honda dealership and they knew what I was talking about immediately.

By saying that you've never seen or heard out the problem, outside of this forum, you're discounting the experience of people who do have the problem and are trying to find a solution.

Problems tend to get overblown in these forums to the point a casual reader would think the problem effects a large percentage of the production rather than a few isolated cases.

Can you understand that?

Absolutely. Squeaky Wheel Syndrome. The people who have the PTTR problem are the one discussing and complaining about it. The people who don't have the problem aren't discussing it. So it appears that a large number of people are complaining about a problem that really only affects a very small percent of CR-Vs.

However, telling people in your professional experience at a Honda dealership that you've never seen the problem is not fair those people who really do have a problem, and isn't contributing to a solution or providing any assistance to those seeking a solution.

JM2C
    How do I change my drive belt? It says in the manual to release the tensioner but I can't seem to locate it. Help?

The Honda CR-V Service Manual is available from your local Honda dealer, or online at helminc.com. If you're going to be working on your CR-V it's an excellent investment.

JM2C
    I understand your point.

Please try to also understand that a lot of people scour these forums looking for reasons to buy or not buy a particular make and model of car.

So, yes, I guess I do have a vested interest.

A few years ago, the Toyota engine sludge topic was going wild and it was I, a Honda salesperson, who jumped in and tried to calm the fears of people who owned them or were considering buying one.

This too, had been hugely over amplified.
  • pdkesqpdkesq Member Posts: 14
    For some reason the underbody/frame of the drivers side seat in my 2003 CRV has become bent so the seat kind of wobbles back and forward. I took it into the dealer and they tightened the bolts, but said to totally correct the problem they would have to replace the seat. Has anyone had this problems? Neither of us (my wife or I) are overly large, and no one has jumped on it or anything like that so I'm baffled.

The tightening of the bolts fixed it for a while but now its getting loose again. The dealer says its not unsafe, but I'm not so sure. Has anyone had anything similar happen to their CRV? As long as its safe, I'm not going to spring for the $500 they want to fix it. Its a lease and the lease is up soon, so I'm happy to turn it in and let the dealer deal with it. I've had to deal with enough from this car and I'm not to keen to sink more cash into it. I know a lot of people like these vehicles, but I hate my CRV, and can't wait to be rid of it. Its the worst car I've ever had. In any event, the real nature of my post is, as I said that I am just curious if this happened to anyone else.
    Not to discourage you in any way. It just my observation from what I have been reading on several CR-V forums (for about a year) -- seems like only one or two people had their PTTR issue successfully resolved through the Lemon Law.

I had the dealer Sucessfully fix the PTTR. :-)
    Nice try, dude. I can bench press more than my own weight and recently picked up new washer, dryer and refrigerator at Sears in my beater pickup and then wrestled them into the house and set them up by myself -- with my arm in a cast, broken playing basebally in our fall-ball league. But damned if I can drive my CR-V a hundred miles without my arm aching.

There is a difference between strong, and not using your brain.

I'll admit, I am not as macho as you are, and not affriad to ask for help carrying a fridge up the stairs, especially if my arm was in a cast.

Try benching/squatting/dead lifting double, triple, quadruple your weight. I can always tell a newbie at the gym, they spend 3 hours working on their chest and arms, and tend to neglect the legs and back. I do military press with the weights they use for squatting. :P

P.S. I have driven my CR-V for 400 miles wihtout the aching in my arm, before PTTR was fixed.
  • lkosslkoss Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have paint issues with their CRV? I have paint coming off the hood with rust underneath?
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    That's interesting. Can you give us more information? Was the hood damaged & then repainted? Where do you live? Are you near an ocean? Does your highway department use salt on the roads in winter?
    I had the dealer Sucessfully fix the PTTR.

Yes, based on available posts, several people had their PTTR fixed (or almost fixed) by doing some combination of the TSB, subframe shifting, tire rotation, etc. I too had the PTTR ~97% fixed. What I meant -- seems like only one or two people succeeded with the legal actions and had Honda buying back their CR-Vs because of the PTTR.
    I do work the legs with weights, though they get more frequent and rather thorough workouts with the taekwondo, which I've practiced and taught for many years since I trained in Korea while in the Army. Thanks to that regimen I'm probably flexible and agile enough with legs and feet to handle the steering wheel with them, though I choose not to. I was addressing the comment about upper body strength and PTTR.

I've seen enough posts to know you're thoughtful and reasonable and just like to drop in a bit of sarcasm now and then for spice, or whatever. My concern in disputing the musings of the isellhondas guy is for those who drop into this forum to actually learn something. His postings were of no help except for those who are motivated by cheers: RAH!RAH!RAH! Go, team, go! THAT'S THE SPIRIT! I love mine!

I'd rather not drop more than 20-Large to guy something based on that kind of reasoning.

I don't doubt that some CR-Vs have no problem with PTTR. And I'm certain plenty do and can be fixed. And I expect some have it worse than others and they're not being fixed. I certainly believe I'm in the latter category and I'm not a neophyte at judging the mechanical soundness performance of vehicles.

With the spin that pops up occasionally on this forum, perhaps what some folks might need is a personal trainer in analytical thinking.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    Are you sure the seat frame is bent? I know there is a TSB related to a rocking seat. I believe it occurred on '02s and '03s.

Mention this to the dealer. Their response ("we've never heard of it" or "yes that's probably it") will tell a lot.

Oh and if the CRV (sic) is the "worst car you've ever had" I'd be curious as to what other vehicles you have "had".
  • ironweedironweed Member Posts: 13
    I found this posted recently on the Yahoo Autos BBS........ :confuse:

Extreem pull to the right (PTTR) on purchase. Corrected PTTR after 4 days in the shop. First day: rotated tires. Second day: replaced tires, checked alignment. Third day: told by service-writer that PTTR was Honda spec and a safety 'feature' (in case I fell asleep at the wheel, the car wouldn't cross into oncoming traffic); confronted service manager, confronted salesperson.

Fourth day: inspection and test-drive by regional-rep, test-drive by mechanic, finally acknowledged that PTTR existed; 'sub-frame' adjustment and re-align; steering is now more like an American car - requires constant course-correction - unlike my other Hondas.
    Yes, I know some of the 2002's had seats that rocked. There was an easy fix for this. I think they simply replaced some bushings or spacers. It's possible some of the 2003's did this too.

Highly unlikely the seat frame is bent.
  • tedtcbtedtcb Member Posts: 39
    Greetings
    For almost 25 years I have installed my Radar Detectors the same way in all my Hondas with no problem:

Positive wire wrapped around one pole of Radio fuse, negative wire to chassis (usually door hinge)

For some reason on my new 2006 CRV, this technique is not working.
    I am getting a spark from negative connection and the radar detector is making a single clicking sound, but does not power on.
    The only difference is I did not use the 10 amp radio fuse to avoid losing presets and reentering code. Instead I tried two other 10 Amp fuses, got the spark and click but no power. (I tested the Detector in my Accord and it workes perfectly)
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Ted
    Positive wire wrapped around one pole of Radio fuse, negative wire to chassis (usually door hinge)

Buy "add-a-circuit' from auto parts store. Plug it into the radio, or power outlet adaptor fuse. It will come with a socket for original fuse and an additional socket and a wire.
    Thanks for seeing through my sarcasm. Most people don't see it and take offense to it.
  • tedtcbtedtcb Member Posts: 39
    blueiedgod wrote:
    Buy "add-a-circuit' from auto parts store. Plug it into the radio, or power outlet adaptor fuse. It will come with a socket for original fuse and an additional socket and a wire.
    blueiedgod
    Thanks for the reply. I’ll check out your suggestion, though I’m still a bit perplexed as to why my regular routine does not work on the CRV
    t
    >>Are you sure the seat frame is bent? I know there
    >>is a TSB related to a rocking seat. I believe it
    >>occurred on '02s and '03s.

Hmm.. there is a TSB for the rocking seat eh? I'll have to go back to the dealer and have them look at it again. The frame is bent comment is what I got from the dealer. Last time I took it in for that, their service dept. apparently took the whole seat apart and said that the frame was bent and all they could do was tighten the screws to try and minimize the rocking. Guy said he'd never seen anything like it before. I'll take it back and have them give it another go.

>>Oh and if the CRV (sic) is the "worst car you've
    >>ever had" I'd be curious as to what other vehicles
    >>you have "had".

We have had, in order: 1992 Chevrolet Corsica, 1996 Dodge Neon, 1999 Honda Civic, 2000 Nissan Altima, 2003 Honda CRV, 2003 Nissan Pathfinder and a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder. All new at time of purchase.

Of those I'd definitely rate the CRV as the worst, or at best tied with the Corsica for the worst. I've had a number of problems with the car (including numerous mechanical problems). Its spent more time in the shop than all of my other vehicles combined. I realize lots of folks have good luck with these cars and like them a lot, so it seems I just wound up with a bum vehicle. Nevertheless, I won't be buying another Honda SUV anytime soon.

I loved my civic, which is why I got the CRV in the first place, so its not an anti-Honda bias on my part. I'd buy another Honda car in a heart beat, but that type of vehicle is not practical for either my family situation or the area we currently live in. Needless to say, once the lease is up it will be replaced with either another Pathfinder a Nissan Murano, or the new Mazda cross-over, depending on what the wife wants. We've had great luck with our Nissans and I'm pretty much a solid Nissan guy, at this point, but its going to be her vehicle, so the choice is hers.
    Before you jump ship, you might want to go th the Nissan Problem Forums. No matter what make, some people will have problems or find things to complain about.

Nissan builds great cars too but you could find problems there as well.

The Mazda is a Ford in disguise.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "For some reason the underbody/frame of the drivers side seat in my 2003 CRV has become bent so the seat kind of wobbles back and forward"

I had the rocking seat TSB done on my 2003 CR-V about a year ago. Dealer fixed it with one visit.
  • gmoney2gmoney2 Member Posts: 31
    Of those I'd definitely rate the CRV as the worst, or at best tied with the Corsica for the worst.

I, too, had a Corsica...a lovely 1995 V-6. As much as I hated the design of the car, it was one of the most reliable cars I've owned. I got rid of it at 110,000 miles, and never had a major problem with it. It outlasted my Honda Civic, which I had numerous problems with and finally got rid of it at 85,000 miles when the A/C compressor blew (repair would have been $1800). I chalked it up to be one of the few Honda lemons, and now own two Hondas (Pilot and CR-V). I love the Pilot. I've only had the CR-V for 1 month, but like it so far.
    >>Nissan builds great cars too but you could find problems
    >>there as well.

Yeah I know. But I've had three Nissans and to date have had no problems with any of them. Three of the best cars I've ever owned.

>>The Mazda is a Ford in disguise.

That's actually not true. The new Mazda cross over is, based on what I've read so far, based on the Mazda 6 architecture. Its not really connected to any Ford products, other then that Ford has tried to incorporate the 6 body into some of their own products. But be that as it may, the crossover is getting rave reviews and we'll likely check it out before we make any kind of purchase.
    You were talking about the Mazda that is a rebadged Escape.
  • lkosslkoss Member Posts: 2
    No the hood has not been repainted. I live in Northern Virginia. The highway dept. does use salt on the roads in winter, but we have had a relatively mild winter with no more than 3 inches of snow so far.