Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Sebring Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• smiller685smiller685 Member Posts: 1
    What is the current MF and RV from Chrysler Financial for 2008 Sebring Convertible Touring or Limited?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi smiller685. This vehicle's lease program varies slightly by region. If you let me know where you are, I can double check that this is the program that is available in your area. Also, you never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. In most of the country, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Sebring Convertible Limited are .00239 and 51%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash and $500 bonus cash that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing on it. They will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rh7036rh7036 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

My lease on a 2004 sebring sedan is ending, and I'm considering purchasing the car. It has about 26,000 miles on it, with a sunroof, heated driver's seat, and leather interior. My residual value is listed at 8,400. Does this seem like a good buy?

The only possible negative is that the car was in an accident in May, and while the car was repaired by a dealer site and seems fine, I'm a little concerned about potential long term effects. It was a rear side passenger impact, and the frame did need to be tweaked to get the correct allignment. Should I think twice about purchasing after this kind of accident? Thanks!
  • rh7036rh7036 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

My lease on a 2004 sebring sedan is ending, and I'm considering purchasing the car. It has about 26,000 miles on it, with a sunroof, heated driver's seat, and leather interior. My residual value is listed at 8,400. Does this seem like a good buy?

The only possible negative is that the car was in an accident in May, and while the car was repaired by a dealer site and seems fine, I'm a little concerned about potential long term effects. It was a rear side passenger impact, and the frame did need to be tweaked to get the correct allignment. Should I think twice about purchasing after this kind of accident?
    Thanks!
  • observer22observer22 Member Posts: 41
    Sacramento Chrysler dealer, since March, has
    reduced new 2007 2.4 Sebring from $17,500 to now $15,995. Sebring really looks good in white.
  • princessgoodieprincessgoodie Member Posts: 1
    Hello

I am thinking of leasing a 2008 Chrysler Sebring touring convertable. The prices is 28,945. They gave me a lease price of $325 month with putting $5000 down. I am not feeling that I have gotten a good deal. I have not sihned anything yet . Do you think that is a good deal.
    Hello rh7036. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for used Sebrings right now, but you may be able to get an idea if the purchase option price for your leased car is reasonable by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

Regardless of how good a price this is, you definitely should place a call to Chrysler Financial, or whichever bank you are leasing your car through, to see if they are willing to negotiate your car's purchase price. More often than not banks are not willing to do so, but sometimes they will and you don't have anything to lose by trying. If your initial contact at the bank is unwilling to work with you, try speaking with a manager.

Having said all of this, I just read that your car was in an accident. I personally would never purchase a leased vehicle that has been in an accident. One of the beautiful things about leasing is as long as your car was repaired properly, you can walk away from a vehicle that has been in an accident and force the bank that you are leasing through to absorb the diminished value rather than taking the it yourself.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello princessgoodie. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You would be much better off keeping the five grand in the bank and going with a zero down lease.

It is difficult for me to evaluate this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP is. The MSRP will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it. Let me know what this number is and I will be happy to tell you what I think of the deal that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
  • vic13vic13 Member Posts: 1
    im thinking of buying an 01' sebring v6 3.0 with a new paint job body kit and 80,000 miles for $7,300 is this reasonable?
  • cigga24cigga24 Member Posts: 2
    If you're ever gonna sell it afterwards then it may be a concern to buyer. I wouldn't buy it if it was in an accident. Dealers would probably give you less for it also. But $8400 is a good buy though. I just paid $9800 for an 03 Sebring GTC convertible with 57K on it.
  • sunshine425sunshine425 Member Posts: 3
    I just purshased this car with 120,000 miles for $4400; looks great like new. I purchased on September 24th; since then its has been back at the dealers 5 days. Problems so far, check engine light flashing, low oil pressure light on at idle after 15-20 min ride, or sometimes not at all for 2-3 days (the amount of time I actually had possession), power-steering leak, (replaced pump); window washing fluid does not squirt, air conditioner only works on high, speakers will only work on front left side. Other then those problems, it drives like a charm, alot of fun to drive with the top down, great on gas...I hate to think I purchased a lemon, but I drive this thing with my heart pounding, just waiting for the engine to stall or die..Any buyers??? LOL
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter with a large newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who are looking to purchase a new midsize vehicle. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, October 18, 2007 with your daytime contact info. along with what car (or cars) you are considering purchasing.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• flygirldiflygirldi Member Posts: 9
    I'm considering leasing a new 2008 Sebring Sedan 4dr./4cyl. Touring w/Signature Series package and a power sunroof. I'm trying to find out if I'm getting a good deal. I could not obtain an EC code since that was discontinued by Chrysler as of 01/02/08. So I'm suppose to be getting Friends/Family discount. I know the EP price for this car was listed as $20,533. They are trying to sell to me for $21,447 with the $500 cash allowance. I did not get to see the invoice this go around (2nd time in dealer). I think this $21,447 seems high for friends/family discount. Can anyone help? Thank you.
    I'm in Detroit and I'm currently leasing a Jeep that has two payments left. I've been given a price to lease a new 08 Chrysler Sebring Touring Sedan Signature Series/4 cyl w/power sunroof. They list the sell price as $21,477. I'm being told that is with my Friends/Family discount. I want to use the $500 cash allowance Chrysler currently offering as my down payment. I don't think the $21,477 is discounted with friends/family when the EP price listed on the invoice says $20,533. Can someone tell me what the friends/family discount price should be? I'm looking to lease this time around for 30 months @ 20k miles per year.

Thank you for your assistance.
  • tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    08 Chrysler Sebring Touring Sedan Signature Series/4 cyl w/power sunroof.

I'm having a hard time trying to determine which Sebring this is. Chrysler lists a Touring and they also list a Signature Series. I priced them both for you.

Touring with sunroof -

MSRP: $21,315
    Friends: $19,142

Signature Series value package with sunroof -

MSRP: $22,705
    Friends: $20,408

Both of the Friends discount prices include the $500 rebate, which expires 02/29/2008. Also, I used a zip code in the St. Louis area for the discount price. If you'll provide me with a zip code in the NY area I can give you a more accurate estimate.

Although the MSRP stays the same across the country, rebates and discounts vary by region.

Go to www.chrysler.com and click on the Build My Own tab. Go through the build process and let me know which model it is and the MSRP when you're through and any options you select that cost extra.
    Sorry for the confusion, the paperwork shows it as a Sebring Touring Signature series, but on the website you're correct, you just select Signature Series when building your own. So the car I've been quoted for at the dealer is an 08 Sebring Sedan Signature Series with a power sunroof as the only option. I'm in Detroit, MI the zip code I'm dealing in is 48075.

The Friends price you list for this car is much cheaper than what the dealer gave me. He gave me $21,477. I thought that seemed high when I saw the employee price listed on the invoice as $20,533. The dealer took the invoice and I did not get to keep a copy.

I appreciate you getting me this information and for also getting me a better estimate with my exact zip code.

Thank you again for your efforts.
    I checked the Friends price again, using the new zip code you provided. The discount and rebate are the same as what I quoted before. You didn't mention a color and the only one with an additional charge would be the Red Inferno, which is $225 more than the others. I used the default color silver.

MSRP: $22,705
    EC: $20,108
    Friends: $20,408

Although the EC program is no longer available I included it if you were curious. Both discounts include a $500 rebate which expires on 02/29/2008. An additional $200 program fee would be added to the EC price by the dealer. Not much difference between the two discounts after all that.

If you change your mind and want to see how much other options would increase the price you can build one on Edmunds. They will show you the MSRP as well as the dealer invoice. The Friends discount price is 1% below invoice. Any rebates or other price incentives are subtracted from the Friends price for even more savings.
    Thanks so much. This is great information to have. The car is in silver, so it was great you did the default color. I do like the Red, but I did see that it was an extra cost and chose not to go that route.

Now the question is to lease or buy. I drive a lot so everyone is telling me not to lease, but I don't see myself driving this car for the next 5 to 10 years. I'm getting quotes for leasing prices with 18k and 20k mileage. People say that is nuts and I should just buy. I'd appreciate your opinion if you have time.

Thank you.
    Since I've never leased anything I'm probably not the best one to give advice on that. I do know that you're limited on annual miles with a lease and there are penalties if you go over. I would imagine a lease with an 18-20k mile annual limit costs a lot more than something with 12k/yr terms.

You might try a Google search on lease versus buy. There are several good articles.

BTW, I bought an Inferno Red Sebring in September. The chrome accents make the whole package look very nice.
  • jgreenbergjgreenberg Member Posts: 35
    Carman,

Can you tell me what the current money factor and residual percentage are for the 2008 Sebring Convertible Limited edition for 36 months and 10, 500 miles.

The dealer in New Jersey is offering MF of .00163 and Residual of 49% thru Daimler Chrysler

Thank You
    Here's the information that you're looking for, jgreenberg. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited with 10,500 miles per year are .00163 and 49%, respectively. As you can see, these numbers match the numbers that you were quoted by the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • timdmbtimdmb Member Posts: 8
    Hi im currently in th emarkt for a convertible... interested in leasing possibly the sebring limited hardtop convertible with the mygig navi and heated front seats anyone have any invoice pricing info as well as mf and residual info for nyc? or any leasing experiences in the area?
  • stater09stater09 Member Posts: 4
    I read somewhere that Chrysler has discontinued their "friends and extended family" discount; however, that employees can still help to get the cost down to invoice cost. Can someone explain this to me, or better yet, be the one to help out a college student in getting a new car!

Thanks
    Several months ago someone popped on here and said the Friends and Family discount was being discontinued and that they read it in a local Detroit area newspaper. The rumor was quickly disproved and the person hasn't been back since.

The Friends and Family discount is still alive and well. Unfortunately, I gave out all of my 6 numbers for the year way back in January.

I've suggested to others who want one to post requests on different Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep forums - not just here on Edmunds (do a Google search). Many Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep employees are also owners of these vehicles and regularly surf the forums.
    Hi timdmb. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

As far as this car's lease program goes, it varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with 15,000 miles per year. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for such a lease are currently .00110 and 41%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigdog75043bigdog75043 Member Posts: 1
    I am ready to purchase a new 2008 Sebring Convertible Touring model and am looking for a CDI number to assist with purchase. I have enjoyed my 2004 Sebring GTC Convertible but am ready for something new. If anyone can help I am ready to buy within 24 hours of receiving the number.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.