Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Have you noticed how they market to young people?

quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
New Commercials from Mitsubishi Montero, Eclipse, and Ford Focus all show young people riding along, mouthing the words to popular rock songs. Pretty much nothing more than that! I think they are enjoyable though.

I still like the old Ranger pickup commercial where the kids return from the test drive, mud dripping glibs and globs onto the dealers parking lot, they look at the salesman and say, "We'll take....THAT one -->"
Tagged:

Comments

• joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    Young people lease,older people know better.
  • ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    of the new vehicle, how do the younger people afford the insurance? Take a performance or sports car at $20k or more, and add the insurance cost, it's pricey and that's with a good driving record!
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    im 21.

the commercials do nothing for me.

I bought my truck paid cash in fact. Insurance is 600 every 6 months.

Only thing i have to really pay of ris gas/insurance.

Live at home no real bills (i have my mastercard bill)

Thats how we do it.

Ryan
  • michgndrmichgndr Member Posts: 160
    You are 21 and responsible. That's an odd combination, but congrats. ;-)
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    before i turned 21 i could afford the truck but not the insurance. It was like $1100 every 6 month i hit 21 and it dropped like $500

But i couldnt wait and bought it when i was 20 and paid outrageous prices for a few months
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    Actually they are marketing cars to people that want to believe that they are young or young in spirit. Same goes for the out door sports marketed with vehicles. Its where people want to be or think they are, not where they actually are (mentally).
    This must refer to the Pontiac Aztek and Chev. Avalanche? I heard Mr. Lutz from Chrysler is going to GM, hope he can bring some performance & styling ideas to GM, get rid of the plastic-cladded stuff.
    with their latest commercial on a twisty two lane, would be fun, but I can imagine the cost of purchase plus insurance would keep me away, besides what's a little two door going to haul or pull?
  • txyank1txyank1 Member Posts: 1,010
  • busdriver1busdriver1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a leased vehicle that I am absolutely abusive to (when I feel like it I use the clutch to shift and when I don't I don't etc.). I am sure that the bank will be selling it to a wiser individual that wouldn't lease and would prefer not to pay for the depreciation when I turn it in. :)
  • michgndrmichgndr Member Posts: 160
    You ARE paying for the depreciation, though you may choose not to deny it.
This discussion has been closed.