Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Vitara Prices Paid and Buying Experience

5greyhounds5greyhounds Member Posts: 338
edited March 2014 in Suzuki
I paid $22,800, including delivery and floor mats. Not bad all thinkgs considered.

Comments

• tistevetisteve Member Posts: 142
    We just picked our '01 XL7 Plus 4x4 Auto for $20,879. (Not incl TT&L) Included carpet mats and got them to throw in bug deflector due to having 950 miles already on it. Also had two pretty good scratches on the rear door, got them to throw in the cross bars for the roof rails to compensate.
    This was the last 4x4 '01 they had and it had been there for awhile, had a December inspection sticker on it.
    We love it so far!
  • scully62scully62 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased my GV at the end of July.I ended up paying 17'700 for a 2001. They also threw in the mats. I feel I got a very good deal.
  • petej88petej88 Member Posts: 5
    I have a lease: $1500 down (for all the fees, etc) and $371 per month. I figure I might trade it in for a newer model within 2 - 3 years, or I can decide to buy it.
  • mandaanmandaan Member Posts: 1
    i think i got a good deal. i picked up the 2001 xl7 plus for 18432 before taxes in a forest green. its a lease return with 6700 miles and pristine condition.
  • jbouchebjboucheb Member Posts: 19
    I have no problem sharing this everyone. I got a very good deal on mine.

2002 Silver Grand Vitara JLX - 5 Speed with ABS and Floor Mats: $18,500.00 (this is the price for the vehicle only...no tax, registration, documentation fees, etc.)

Saddle Brook, New Jersey.
  • mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    after $18,099 incl free floor mats, two free oil changes.
    Its a hamster all right!
  • jamesknight1jamesknight1 Member Posts: 2
    We are happy. MSRP sticker said &17,300. We paid $14,000 plus tax,tags,title. Can anyone direct me to a place where I can get a service manual. I do most of my own maint. We upgraded from a 93 Ranger XL. The Vitara has AC, CD, bucket seats, 4 doors, etc. so we are very happy.
    Lets hope Suzuki has a long term good design.

For service manual, try Helms for service manuals.
  • bartoabartoa Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a Grand Vitara Limited with 19000 mi for 13600. It's in immaculate condition! I also feel as though I got a good deal due to the fact that it is fully loaded with leather, auto....etc. For $260 a month I think I did pretty well.
  • jdlaay53jdlaay53 Member Posts: 1
    I paid 11,985 before the year end rebate.So I got the 1000 dollars back. It had 487 miles.I also got them to throw in the sport side rails and alloy wheels. My payments a month turned out to be $280.00 month, but other then that its been great!
  • sailer1sailer1 Member Posts: 2
    I Just purchased a 2002 XL-7 JLS Demo with 13,000K. I got $3,500 knocked off the purchase price, 4 new tires, window rain sheilds, mud flaps, Floor mats, then went for the $4,000 cash back option. Good Deal!.
  • js3150js3150 Member Posts: 3
    Bought my 99 2 door, soft top, 4x4 Vitara at auction for $5100. 33k miles. I owner. Great car.
    Hope these rigs run well for you!
  • painsuckspainsucks Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a brand new 2003, last one off the lot before they only had 2004 models. Paid below cost,$15861 out the door, fully loaded with everything but the alloy wheels. Then decided I wanted to keep my Toyota truck and to try and sell the brand new one after researching the site one week later,it became a bad decision I think. Maybe it's because I have been a truck person for so many years. Did all my homework before going into dealer,but they had an extra incentive because it was last 2003, making the deal sweet. Wish I could just sell it now and fix my truck up as it only has 115,790 miles in spite of being a 1990 and it's a 4x4. Have a buyer for it, but am vascilating on whether to sell it and keep both vehicles. So confused..... Any ideas as how to find a buyer knowing the Suzuki is brand new? Any ideas and thoughts appreciated. Would even be willing to take a small loss just to keep my truck and fix it up.
    Rocky
  • keithjkeithj Member Posts: 3
    Take a look at some RV forums and post that it is available. I've had a couple of offers from BIG RV'ers on my Chevy Tracker convertible. Very low rolling weight which has to help the 8-10 mpg. they get in their RVs.

Anyway, I bought my '03 Chevy Tracker (Vitara brother) new when GM had their $3500 rebate in Aug '03. Sales price: $13500

<http://www.cardomain.com/id/keith_757>
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    looking for a good price on a 05-06 grand vitara, base, auto, in Dallas. Anyone have any luck?
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I was told by a Dallas area dealer that the MF and residual was better on the sport but he couldn't give those to me over the phone {BS} So, does anyone, or Car-Man have those figures on a sport, 3/36?
  • mcorleonemcorleone Member Posts: 1
    How do you open the hood of a 1996 Suzuki Vitara? I recently bought my Vitara, but can't for the life of me figure out how to open the hood.
  • gvjongvjon Member Posts: 4
    I just got a new 06 premium w/awd, foglights, 6cd w/sub, & 5spd auto last week after comparing to Subaru. I got the GV for $22000 out the door, AND they were willing to give me $2000 more for my trade in than the other non-suzuki dealerships. It looks as if Suzuki has something to prove and is willing to do whatever it takes to get us into the new GV. I am very pleased with my purchase and feel we got a good deal with no major haggling.
  • xostnotxostnot Member Posts: 232
    You must be in the US! I assume you're happy with it.

Just before Christmas, I bought a JLX-L, with the low range gearing, using CarCostCanada. It was $x00 over dealer invoice, but with $1300 in rebates from Suzuki. So it was hundreds under dealer invoice. We didn't do a trade-in,and there was no messing around.
  • fury168fury168 Member Posts: 2
    Just leased an '06 Black Luxury GV for 256/mo for 30 months. It appears suzuki is trying to give them away. When I was ready to buy @ the end of March the only problems I had were trying to find a dealer and getting the exact model I wanted. 1 dealer I found that had just opened said they wouldn't have a black lux in unitl the end of May. I found another dealer a little further away that said They woul dhave a black lux in at the beginning of May. I decided to go with them. Went down there filled ou tall the paper work and left my deposit the 2nd week of April. On the 18th of April got a call from them stating that they just received a black lux and if I wanted it to get down there ASAP because they already had 3 different dealers calling about it and it hadn't even been taken off the truck yet. The 1 problem I had with this dealership was that they did not open on Saturday. How can a car dealer not be open on the busiest foot traffic day of the week. But anyway picked it up on Sunday and have been happy ever since.
  • upndwnupndwn Member Posts: 44
    I lament the fact that car man is not running a strictly lease forum any more. There is a paucity of buy & lease info about the GV. The above post, $256/mos leaves out info so I can't assess the deal.

Here is the best offer I have received:
    GV Luxury 4wd
    - msrp $25,194
    - net cap cost $21,813
    - money factor 0.00182
    - no money down, only the first payment at inception
    - 36 payments of $356 ($298 depreciation + $60 lease cost)plus state sales tax
    - $11,100 buy-out or residual value
    - 3 years, 45,000 miles
    I believe the deal is based on about a $900 dealer discount and $2,500 in lease incentives from Suzuki

Comments appreciated by any and all. ;)
  • manojmanoj Member Posts: 7
    I was looking to buying the xSport package. the best quote I got in Florida is $20,000 out-of-door with 2.9% APR with suzuki. Any views on this deal or can the price can be still negotiated ???
  • hondasuckbighondasuckbig Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Could be a good price for xsport.
    I just bought a preimum 06' GV for $18000 + TTL out the door.
  • marnixmarnix Member Posts: 3
    06 GV Luxury 2WD - $21,000 + TTL

Had to drive 150 miles to get that deal, the local dealer wouldn't come off MSRP of $23,199. Cost me $20 in gas to save $2200 - not a bad deal, eh? :P
  • pisulinopisulino Member Posts: 78
    Everything can be further negotiated, even if it's not on the direct cost of the car....for example more options, free service for several months.

The worst you can do is to be yourself sold before the deal.....dealers can smell that (desperation and anxiety).
    It's your money and you have the right to save as much as ou could..

Look at the previous post...local dealer will not move from MSRP and got a huge saving for driving to another dealer....

People normally bit themselves thinking it's the last available car in the world....
    Just look at auto trader or others and check for the car you are trying to purchase, that will give you an indication of depreciation and what actually the car can be sold.

A friend just bought a Buick Lacrosse/Allure and told them....This is my final number (includes tax, fees, on the rodad)....you give me that car for that much and you have got a deal....
    There was a few days of silence - that is the period where the dealer believes you will break up and come back to review what went wrong - my friend did nothing.
    Then he got the call, "it's a deal" and he got the car for $7000 under MSRP.
  • jaygee33jaygee33 Member Posts: 4
    Hello. I am in the Chicago area and looking into getting a GV Xsport AWD. I went to the Suzuki dealership in Hoffman Estates, and their MSRP for it is 22,699 + 595 delivery, so 23,294 on the sticker.

I wanted to know how much others have been able to negotiate down on the same GV configuration, before any rebates, trade-in and financing.

Thanks!
  • pciro2180pciro2180 Member Posts: 43
    Jaygee33, are you talking about Advantage Suzuki in Schaumburg?? I did not know there was one in Hoffman Estates. I bought mine at Advantage Suzuki as a demo from the district service manager, because I had a Lemon Verona. Search me up on the Verona Board and you will see. this is a great car, I have the X-Sport with upgraded Rims, Rain Guards, trim Guards, and The exhaust tip. just a fair warning, depending on what dealer you go to depends on how much they will come down. They want to get these on the road, but still put money in their pockets . :( The #1 Selling dealer of Suzuki Models is Fox Valley Suzuki on New York Street in Aurora, but if you want to visit Advantage, I caould put in a good word for you, I have known the service manager for about 3 years now. I got a sweet deal because of my misfoutune with my Verona, but the rebates are nice, especially if you get in a demo at Fox Valley, because it has never been titled, the price is lower because there is some mileage on it, and you still get all of the rebates, I think I got a total of 1500. That is the 1000 for cash rebate and 500 for loyalty. Well, hope I helped and good luck in the search, it is really a great vehicle from Suzuki.

Peter :)
    Peter,

Yes, I did mean Advantage Suzuki in Schaumburg. It's so close to the border of H.E. that I mistakenly said Hoffman, but you are right. Thanks for the input. They had a few Grand Vitaras on their lot, as well as a few of the new 2007 SX4's.

I'll keep in mind about Fox Valley Suzuki. I know there are some other locations around.

There's still the 1,000 cash rebate. Unfortunately I'm not a current Suzuki owner so I won't get the loyalty one. Care to share how much yours cost when you got it after the rebates?

Thanks, Jaygee
  • pciro2180pciro2180 Member Posts: 43
    Well, I ripped it of at 16,200, then after the negative equity got added back in from the lemon Verona :lemon: , It was bought for just above sticker price with 7,000 miles on it, which I don't mind one bit, just to get out of the GM/Daewoo Produced Verona, that was a nightmare Suzuki did not want from GM, but GM forced it on them anyways with the partnership. Thank god there is no more GM/Suzuki partnership!! :)
    Wow the price came down a lot. How much mileage was on it when you got it?

It sounds like you got a great replacement for your lemon car...
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

I have a final offer of $18,555 before TT&L for a 2006 Grand Vitara Luxury in Azure Gray with black leather. Sticker is at $24,500, and I do have to take their balloon cash (which I can refinance in three months with my bank) and do a balloon payment at first to get the final ofer.
    Is this a fair price?
  • ls2gtols2gto Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like a good price. What dealer and do they have any more at that price?

Thanks
  • rxv2562rxv2562 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All -
    I am planning to buy the 2007 Grand Vitara and i need to get some feedback from people who own this vehicle.

- How good is the reliability ? Any major issues that owners have face
    - How many mpg in city ?
    - Is it a worthy investment or better to invest in Honda Crv or Toyota Rav 4 ?

Thanks all
  • xostnotxostnot Member Posts: 232
    The reliability is proving to be better than average. Not stellar or perfect, but given that today's cars are so reliable to begin with, you'd be safe to eliminate this as a criterium for your decision.

City mpg varies as much as what "city" means. This is not a light car, and unless you get the 2wd version, is always in 4wd. So if you're looking for a fuel miser, this isn't it. The X-Trail may be the best in this regard.

The Grand Vitara holds resale value well. Yes, resale value is not as high as CRV or Rav4, but an equivalent model costs less to begin with. Keep the difference in cost in the bank and make interest on it. Consumer's Guide rated the '07 GV as the best value in the segment.

IF you really need the GV's off-road capabilities, which are the best in this segment except for Chrysler's Liberty and Patriot, then choosing the GV is a no-brainer.

If you don't need those capabilities, then the choice is harder because you pay a price to drag around all that extra metal, put up with stiffer suspension, get less milage due to the weight and full-time AWD, etc.

Styling could well tip the balance also, if you happen to really like or dislike the GV. Or if you want something that's relatively uncommon to see on the road.
  • rxv2562rxv2562 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All -
    I negotiated the price on a 2007 Grand Vitara XSport model for a final price of $23107 with the following options.

1. 0% APR for 60 months
    2. 5 year free oil change package

Is this a good deal ? Please let me know friends ! I love the Vitara!
  • saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Try this.

At least in Texas Area, you can get additional $2,500 Ballon Payment "rebate" for going with Suzuk's in-house financing. Most dealers in my area are throwing in $1,000 Suzuki rebate, and about $2,500 in discount before ballonn cash. So you could have up to $6,000 off MSRP even before negotiation. This would make your car about $17,107 before TT&L. All you need to do is when you receive the first paymet coupon, just walk down to your credit union and refinance it-under your own terms. Suzuki balloon payment interest rate is something crazy like 7.9% .By the way, balloon is like a hybrid lease and purchase., and not availabel in all states.
  • mjheremjhere Member Posts: 4
    http://www.mattblatt.com/NewModelsPage

Is this a good deal? Is it possible to re-fi thru my credit union the next day and pay $12390 for the 2008 Grand Vitara like they advertise? I've never seen anything like this before so I know there must be a catch, right? Thanks for any insight.
This discussion has been closed.