Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Please, introduce yourself (Newcomers, start here)!

drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
Here is the new place to say hello to other members who read this SUV message board. Additionally, if you have a question about this message board, feel free to ask it here and my co-host Steve or myself will attempt to direct you to one of our existing discussion topics if possible.

Thanks and happy reading and posting!

Drew
Host
Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
Tagged:

Comments

• cct1cct1 Member Posts: 221
    Well, I thought I'd give a little info. on myself:

Toro lawnmowers

Dislikes: Goats, Ugly SUV's, the color yellow,
    excessive quotations from dictionarys,
    words written in CAPITALS, Staten
    Island, the name "Abdul", Bogatas,
    Busetas and especially Haiku

Can you help me find some threads I'd be interested in?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol, not me. I've spent many a happy an hour on a buseta.

Steve
    Host
    Vans, SUVs and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

• djg2djg2 Member Posts: 7
    I don't own a SUV but am considering a toyota highlander. I like 56-61 Vettes, bonsai trees, vietnamese food, and college sports. I have no use for pro sports, chicken dishes with boingers in them, purple, or butchy broads. There, I've introduced myself.
  • slackersslackers Member Posts: 77
    In the market for a large SUV........researching Sequoias and Denalis.
    Feel free to browse and post in the SUVs Discussions and also look at the comparison tools on the main edmunds.com page. Have fun!

Steve
    Host

• gasguzzler007gasguzzler007 Member Posts: 70
    Likes:Fast cars,fords,suvs,the colors yellow and black,boats, and dogs

Dislikes:small cars,imports(rice),and beetles

Owner of:
    -1996 Mustang GT(4 SALE)
    -1997 Expedition XLT
    -1997 Expedition XLT(coming in 2 days)
  • quilter4quilter4 Member Posts: 1
    Like this car for comfort and safety a lot but wish it was a little bigger for my 6'4" husband. The CRV and RAV4 are about the same. The SantaFe(Hyundai) is perfect size but questionable body quality. The Highlander is great but too pricey. Is there anything out there? Is the Mazda MPV a better option? Really stuck.
  • ajay010170ajay010170 Member Posts: 2
    well i recently brought a new rav 4 2001,and since then i.e- 7 months i hear this rattle its kind of funny its their sometime not the other time been to the dealer 3 times no change in it yet and it drives me nuts sometime, and also since last 2 weeks i hear this grinding sound when taking sharp turns or just changing lanes at on the highway, my car is 7000 miles any ideas and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.thank you.
  • roosh31roosh31 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking for some advice on changing the power antenna myself on a 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5 2WD. The motor on the antenna has gone bad 4 years to the day I acquired this vehicle. Has anyone replaced this themselves and what is involved?
    Thanks,
    Jim
  • hutch97hutch97 Member Posts: 2
    Just joined Town Hall today after searching for a solution to a problem I was having with my 97 Isuzu Rodeo. Fortunately, I was able to find the solution on the Isuzu forum. Plan to use this for help, tips, etc. Hopefully, I can provide some help as well.

Other vehicles I own:

> 2000 Ford Taurus
    > 1988 Honda Accord LX (need 5spd transmission)
    > 1989 Honda Accord LX (250,000+ miles and still
    going strong!!!).

Love Mustangs (NOT Mustang IIs).

Thanks!
    Welcome hutch97.

ajay010170, I see you found the Rav4 message board.

quilter4, I think you need to roam around a bunch of SUV discussions :-)

Hey roosh31, try posting your antenna question over in the Toyota 4Runner discussion. The "regulars" may not frequent this topic.

Steve
    Host

• drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Welcome to Town Hall and I'm glad that your found the discussion topics useful. Just so you know, we have a weekly Isuzu chat every Thursday at 7-8pm Pacific. Please feel free to join in at that time. You will find a link to the chat at the top of every Isuzu discussion topic. Simply click on it at the time and you will be able to join the live chat.

Good luck,

Drew
    Host
  • pdalpsherpdalpsher Member Posts: 136
    Ten days ago I bought a Toyota Highlander. I finally found the vehicle I liked better than my Camry. I spotted the message boards while doing research and came back today to join up.

I've given up my 5-speed for an automatic, guess it was about time!
  • ws4ws4 Member Posts: 2
    I have gotten a lot of good information from your board discussions. I like the way everyone seems to help out. I have always loved toyota's. But have gotten hooked on 4 runners from my husband.
    Look forward to suggestions on a water leak.
  • theowl1theowl1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello.
    My name is owl, and I require an SUV......NOW. ;)
    What happened yesterday makes the SUV in my sights, even more of a good choice for me.
    I am in love( no I won't let the car dealer know it! ) with the Jeep Liberty. I want one so bad I can taste it. Every new review reinforces the promise of this Jeep, and I must have one. I think I shall sell my kidney if I have to..no wait....lil too far, huh? :)

I hope to gleen some info from experienced 4X4'rs and off-roaders, as well. Thanks for the Forum.

God bless America.

theowl1
    Welcome to Town Hall. Here's the quick link to the Jeep Liberty discussion. Check out the reviews in the Additional Resource box in the left sidebar there too.

Steve
    Host

• bigbob345bigbob345 Member Posts: 1
    I have been reading your message boards the last few days, very interesting discussions,
    I am about to buy an SUV and can't decide between the Dodge Durango or Ford Expedition, seems like
    people have more bad things to say about their vehicle than good things........anyway thought I would join your forum, maybe go to roadside cafe and get some input there..

Thanks,

bigbob
  • brown67brown67 Member Posts: 2
    I leased a jeep sport 2001 in March. It's been running good so far. I started to hear a little noise in the front when I turn to the left. It sounds like stress between two parts.

ed
  • sherb2000sherb2000 Member Posts: 9
    Hello all users.

I have been using Edmunds since 1998 when I bought my Corolla CE.

I too am looking to upgrade to the Highlander (turning in the 5spd for an automatic. I would love any advice and I will continue to check out the Highlander discussion for additional help.

Thanks.
  • rnursesbarnursesba Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm in the market for a new SUV. I'll be buying in April 2002 so I'm taking the time now to research for the best buy. I've narrowed my choices down to a Yukon and a Sequoia.
  • sevvsevv Member Posts: 4
    Hi Scott here. I already have a '96 Explorer. I am on a mission to let everyone know that Sloan Ford in Exton, PA are scammers. I need help in locating the N.E. Regional Ford Office address and/or phone #.

Thanks
  • adameusfadameusf Member Posts: 1
    Hello, my name is Adam and I drive a 96 4Runner SR5. In February I will be buying a new SUV but I don't know which one to get. I've narrowed it down (kinda). I would like to get a 2000 or newer model of any of these, Sequioa, Expedition, Tahoe, Yukon, 4Runner, Durango. I like the bigger size SUVs, but I want to stay under $500 a month. Please let me know your opinions!
    Please feel free to have a look around in the Sequoia, Expedition, Tahoe, etc. discussion topics in the SUV board. Ask any questions you like and perhaps some of the owners will be able to assist you. As for financing and or leasing, you may want to try Town Hall's Finance/Warranty/Insurance message board:

/direct/view/.ee9203c

Hope this helps!

Drew
    Host
  • mnxmnx Member Posts: 1
    Hello to all SUV lovers. I've been skimming through several of the suv message boards during the past two to three weeks. My wife and I have three young children; ages 5,8, and 9, and we live in Bemidmi, Minnesota. We currently have three vehicles: a '99 Chrysler T&C, '98 Ford Contour, and '87 Chevy Suburban. We are going to definitely replace the sub shortly. We've almost decided on a new Ford Excursion and I've read every message on that board. I've never been partial to a single manufacturer, but the GM products have reduced their cargo space, the new ones don't even come close to my '87.
  • tinycow1tinycow1 Member Posts: 4
    I'm a new user of the Town hall, I find it very informative. I am now looking to purchase the new Tribute. I have been reading alot and learning a lot. Thank you to you all. Just read the latest review on the Tribute and it failed to mentioned about it stalling. Has this issue been solved.?

Thank you all again..
  • fwx283fwx283 Member Posts: 3
    my husband has a 2001 chevy tahoe. he has had many problems with it from the beginning but one
    that is confounding us is that it makes the rest of the family carsick.
    we have had 21 years worth of vehicles and carsickness has never been an issue....
    has anyone else heard similar complaints?
    thanks in advance-kris
  • genjiigenjii Member Posts: 3
    My husband and I trade every 2-3 years usually, as we are both car nuts and love that new car smell, as well as trying different things. Keeps life interesting.
    We have three teenagers: a daughter 18, and boy twins 15. We want to settle down now and buy a mid-sized SUV to keep. Our daughter drives her own 2001 Saturn SC2, and the twins will be driving themselves soon (yikes!). We also have a 2001 Chevy Impala which is going to one of the guys in next year.
    The decision has been narrowed down to the Lexus LX470 and the BMW X5. Any suggestions or insider knowledge would be appreciated.
    I've enjoyed reading all the interesting comments in Town Hall. Take care everyone!
    Welcome to Town Hall's SUV message board. You may want to check out the Lexus LX470 discussion topic or the BMW X5 discussion topic.

Good luck with your decision!

Drew
    Host
  • teksolverteksolver Member Posts: 9
    Hi. I leased a 1999 Lincoln Navigator, which I know is sometimes questioned as an SUV...but I really like it. Now my question: my daughter crashed the thing and they are replacing the frame as part of the repair - I guess the frame replacement is cheaper than the current vehicle value. My questions are: how bad is the vehicle going to behave after being rebuilt on the new frame and, more importantly, how bad a financial hit am I going to take next year when it come off lease and it has to be auctioned? I am new to Edmunds, so I was not sure where to even look for answers to these questions. Thanks!
    Welcome and thanks for the tough questions! Hope your daughter was unscathed in the wreck.

For lease questions, try the (aptly named) Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion.

As far as a replaced frame and the effect on drivability, I suggest that you ask about it on the Lincoln Navigator board. I doubt that anyone else there has had that job done, but someone there may know a direction to point you in. This archived discussion may help too:

Bent Frame on New Vehicle

Steve
    Host

The Ford Expedition discussion topic may also be another place to check out.

Good luck!

Drew
    Host
  • jnj91jnj91 Member Posts: 55
    Hi. I have a '01 2wd Chevy 'burb LT. I love it. I traded for it when I had to have the Transmission replaced on my '00 Honda Oddesey. Since the Oddy was the best Minivan on the market I had to get something different.

My Husband is looking for a '02 Silverado Z71 ext cab LT. While looking through the Silverado message boards I couldn't believe how helpful the posters were. So now I'm looking forward to the same thing for my vehicle.

ps.. I like Pizza, Mexican food, Football, Baseball, College Basketball, N.A. imported beer (it's true!),gardening and I especially like boys! (have 3 sons, and a husband ;D )

Thanks!

Julie
  • sanny299sanny299 Member Posts: 3
    HI ,I AM TRYING TO BUY A SEQUOIA ,BUT EVERY PLACE THAT I CHECK FOR THE INVOICE HAS DIFFERENT PRICES,CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ,I JUST WANT A STANDARD EQUIPED SR5,WHAT IS THE STANDARD PRICE?
    THANK YOU.
  • depalmedepalme Member Posts: 1
    New to Edmunds and seeking advice/recommendation on the purchase of new (2001) SUV. Just sold a Grand Caravan, and am upgrading from the family mobile to something a bit more manly (nearing 40).
    Anyways, have heard pros and cons about all, and have narrowed my search down to Yukon, Expedition and Tahoe (in selection order). Will be living in Nebraska soon and need something to help me in those fun winters...moving there from Hawaii. Have only driven the Expedition (didn't like the adjustable brake), but do not have any experiences with the other two. Any help out there on selection?? Thanks.
  • gasguzzler007gasguzzler007 Member Posts: 70
    I would be rolling in a Lincoln Navigator and not a toyota. Its really not worth it.
  • odinsonodinson Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone.I'm in the market for an suv and have inadvertently fallen for an Isuzu Vehicross.
    Yes I have test driven the RAV4,QX4,Durango,JEEP
    Liberty,Grand Cherokee,Highlander,Santa-Fe,Pathfinder,and the X-Terra(sensory overload imminent?),but none of these compares to the bliss i experience looking at/driving this vehicle.I'm seriously considering a purchase but
    would like to know more about this vehicle before
    doing so. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    jnj91 - Welcome to Town Hall (did you find the Suburban discussion ok?)

sanny299 - Check the New Cars link here on Edmunds for invoice prices. They should match the dealer invoice, but regional charges may differ (ad fees, etc.). For more help, try the Toyota Sequoia discussion.

depalme - Hey, I'm pushing 50 and I have a manly minivan :-). Take a look at the Toyota Sequoia vs Cadillac Escalade vs Lincoln Navigator vs GMC Yukon Denali vs Chevy Tahoe for comparisions on the two (and gaz's Navigator) you haven't driven yet.

odinson - There's not a whole lot of talk about the Vehicross. In fact the discussion went to the archives after being inactive for a while. I've moved it back to the active SUV discussions - try posting in the Isuzu Vehicross board (Paisan will likey respond and can answer any Isuzu question).

Steve
    Host

• x5savx5sav Member Posts: 46
    Just pick up my X5 3.0i one week ago. I just love to drive this SUV. It drive like a sedan and thanks to everyone in this board, ans especially Car_man in the Lease question baord to help me on my lease decision. You guys are the best. Keep up the good work.
  • wavebreakerwavebreaker Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2002 black Sequoia Limited to replace a 2001 Chrysler T&C (fourth T&C but the biggest dissappointment yet). Pick it up Thursday - can't wait.Seems like there is some great information posted, look forward to participating
    Welcome to Town Hall, x5sav and wavebreaker. And congrats on your new rides! Holler if you have trouble finding the X5 or Sequoia discussions.

Steve
    Host

• petperson1petperson1 Member Posts: 1
    In the fall of this year I decided that I was tired of always seeing nothing when I came to a light as the van beside me, the suv behind me and the truck ahead of me left me in the dark.
    So now was the time to seek a new vehicle and without a doubt I needed a suv, but what suv?
    The search began, the honda crv, the toyota rav, the nissan exterra, the mazda tribute and the JEEP LIBERTY. I visited your forum almost daily to get feedback from new buyers, I test drove all the above and I chose the JEEP LIBERTY.
    This is my kind of car, although I am in my late 50's and a grandma this vehicle does it all with class and guts. From cross country hiking with my dog to taking my 4 year old grandson to the mall it hasn't let me down. It is 2 months old and has over 4000 k's. The gas is pricey compared to my sedan but the feeling of security and awareness I get outways it 2 to 1. Thanks Daimler Chrysler for building the LIBERTY and thanks Edmunds for Town Hall.
  • sixmikkssixmikks Member Posts: 2
    I am just about to purchase a Denali--but not a great choice of colors. I like the black but have a dirt mountain road to drive often. I'm thinking of getting white a putting some custom pinstripes or jazz it up a bit with some custom color or accessories. Any ideas? Does anyone know if there will be new colors next year? And...what about extended warranties, any info I can shop around with would be great!
  • crashproofcrashproof Member Posts: 19
    Hi. I've been checking this board off and on for a month. I'm in the market for an SUV and have narrowed it down to a Tribute, Escape, or Highlander. My preference is the Tribute and I hope to have one in the coming weeks unless I have to special order one.
  • rep62arrep62ar Member Posts: 9
    Hello! I just happened along this board - I've used the Edmunds site to research cars in the past but just found the board. I have a 2001 Tribute and just experienced the stalling problem with my 14 mth old daughter in the backseat. Needless to say, I am shaken up and had no idea to expect this problem. I called another friend who has a Tribute and hers did the same thing. Mazda couldn't fix it and now I am contemplating what to do next. I was so surprised to find that this has happened to several people and THANK YOU for giving this forum to share info and ideas.
  • dfeldkampdfeldkamp Member Posts: 2
    My time to contribute. After reading TLC reviews, I bought a 2001 (with
    nav system) for a trip around the US; 3 months and 15,800 miles. I can't
    imagine doing the trip in any other vehicle. Not one thing went wrong!
    This is the first vehicle that I honestly cannot find any fault with. The
    nav system turned out to be an absolute necessity and a joy to use. Thanks
    to all for steering me away from other SUVs.
    Welcome to Town Hall, everyone.

petperson1 - keep enjoying that Liberty.

sixmikks - Looks like you found the Denali discussion. White is an easier color to keep clean compared to black. I like the fancy wheels suggestion.

crashproof - Lots of excitement about the Tribute - have fun, but you may want to take a look at rep62ar's posts.

I'm a big fan of road trips too, dfeldkamp. (Click on my profile ).

Steve
    Host

• trav2002trav2002 Member Posts: 3
    Hello SUV people, I am in search of the best SUV under $25k. I have test driven the Nissan Exterra (rides rough and has narrow front seating), Hyundai Santa Fe(has everything but what will it be worth in 5 years?), Toyota RAV 4(small inside and all options add much cost $$$) and the Jeep Liberty(best dealer experience, ride not that bumpy, powerful, 4x4 shift on the fly, handsome interior and controls, 5000 lb towing). I am leaning towards the Jeep but will wait to drive the new CR-V in two weeks. I have read some posts about the Jeep but none are really bad. Most are positive. Are today's Jeeps good? I only know Honda. Thanks.
  • my3rdisuzumy3rdisuzu Member Posts: 1
    my name is douglas hunt i own a 1993 isuzu trooper S,as well as several other vehicles:)

you can find me mostly on 4x4wire(TrailTalk)as well as anyplace isuzu related.

my previous isuzus include a 1986 trooperII 2.3l
    1989 amigo 2.6l
    and now what i consider my best isuzu yet my'93 troop!!

i like to wheel my troop whenever possible but during the summer i can usually be found on a lake or river in my stingray 230sx powerboat/454 mag

later for now,
    douglas
    trav2002 - this way to the Jeep Liberty discussion.

my3rdisuzu - paisan and the other members on the Isuzu Trooper board can show you around all the Isuzu discussions here.

Welcome.

Steve
    Host

• crashproofcrashproof Member Posts: 19
    Hello Steve. I have read about the stalling problems. It is a serious problem. I hope they have fixed it in the 2002 models. At least when I do buy I'll be aware of it. Thanks.