Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

This may be of interest to you! (Hatchbacks)

pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
Have you come across an interesting article online, pertaining to hatchbacks, that you'd like to share with others? Please feel free to post the url/location here. Thanks for your participation!

Pocahontas
Host
Hatchbacks / Station Wagons / Women's Auto Center Boards

Tagged:

Comments

• pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    here's an interesting article from Edmunds' News section: The Hatchback Stigma: Are We Making Progress? By Erin Mahoney. What do you think?

Happy Motoring!

Pocahontas
    Host

• pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    The 10 most fuel efficient cars include the Honda Insight, Ford Focus, VW Beetle, and other vehicles on this message board! Read the full story here: Top 10 Most Fuel-Efficient Cars by Erin Riches.

Pocahontas
    Host
  • revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    here's a new article that some of you may find interesting: Low Interest Auto Loans and Rebates Abound, How to Use Their Money to Your Advantage, by Phillip Reed. Let us know what you think.

Has anyone here taken advantage of the lower interest rates currently being offered...? Thanks for your comments. ;-)

Revka
    Host
    Come join in the fun and participate in this new Women's Auto Center discussion: Best picks for 2002! What's your choice?

Perhaps someone on this message board can think of a best new 2002 hatchback to enter...! Thanks for your participation. ;-)

Revka
    Host
  • tomj5tomj5 Member Posts: 209
    I bought a 90 Mitsy Mirage 1.5L/Auto tranny, new. I drove it to work 10 years without a single problem for 120K miles.
    Did routine maintenance on it and had the boots changed about every 3 years. It would cruise AZ I-8 at the speed limit in 115/125 degree heat with a cold ac and doing 40mpg, passing dead fords and chevys. (Ford/chevs cooling systems can't handle extreme heat for long periods????) The Mirage had a large radiator with two big fans. The temp gauge never varied even on hills.
    I am retired and still have it. It is a great around town car(Phoenix). I would like a new car but can't bear to give it up. Yup, it still gets 40mpg and purrs like a fat cat.
    And thanks for sharing your story. I think some of the participants in our Used Hatchbacks -Got any ideas? discussion may also appreciate your information. Free to copy/paste your post into that discussion if you'd like.

Also, here is another discussion on this board that you might find interesting: What do you like about hatchbacks? Happy Motoring! ;-)

Revka
    Host
    here's an article from Edmunds' Daily Headlines that some of you may find interesting: Zero-Interest Car Deals Attractive, But Check The Fine Print. What do you think?

And on this very subject, the Wall Street Journal is looking to hear stories about people who declined the 0% finance rate in order to accept a different incentive (cash back, etc.) or buy used instead. If this applies to you, we'd appreciate hearing from you.... Please send your information to Edmunds' public relations director: jfallon@edmunds.com

Thanks for you participation. ;-)

Revka
    Host
    "We should clarify that while the title of this test is 'Sport Coupe', most of the vehicles are actually hatchback designs."

Here's the full story from Edmund's Reviews section: 2001-2002 Sport Coupe Comparison Test. What do you think? ;-)

Revka
    Host
  • hangaralfhangaralf Member Posts: 7
    whenever i went off to college for the year, we would move a fair amount of stuff. mattresses, clothing, bicycles, stereo equipment and various and asundries...
    we had at the time, and a VW rabbit diesel, and a 73 olds 98 (one of the largest production cars ever made, 454 ci and all). (am i dating myself?)

which car do you think that dad took? the 98? nooo, we took the rabbit. it was the only car that could fit all that stuff and the mattress.

it was a two and a half hour drive to PSU and with a diesel, through the mountains, it was slow going but it was the only vehicle that we had that would haul it all.
    1. someone who recently paid cash for a vehicle. or

2. someone who has been leasing for awhile and is sort of stuck leasing--with no trade-in, it would cost too much to buy new. or someone who had been frustrated in that situation, but finally bit the bullet and bought a car, but is paying for it with high monthly payments.

If you are interested in sharing your story, please contact our Public Relations director Jeannine Fallon at jfallon@edmunds.com. It is always helpful if you include your daytime phone number, and city and state of residence. Thanks for your participation. ;-)

Revka

Host

We have a new editorial section here at Edmunds that some of you may find interesting: Generations.

"If you're researching a used car purchase, or if you're just an automotive enthusiast who wants to know more about a particular vehicle's past, Generations has you covered."

Check it out, and let us know what you think. Happy motoring!

Revka
    Host
This discussion has been closed.