Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kingrkingr Member Posts: 62
    Jib4 - What dealer did you purchase your LX from, Are you in NY?
    Thanks
  • jib4jib4 Member Posts: 13
    I had 3k in rebates that got the price down to 17,500.
    (1k loyalty, 1k finance and 1k v6 rebate)

Resale probably won't be strong but I plan on holding the car for a long time if it holds up it's end of the bargain.

I'm in NJ and bought through Brad Benson internet purchase program. Interest rate on loan is not good but I couldn't be bothered trying to argue it, I'll just refinance that.
    They also offer a $200 referal kickback when you send them a buying customer. Anyone want to kick back $200? anyone?
    ;) :shades:
    Anyone in NY area seeing prices like the $18,500 after $2000 in rebates. I'm in upstate NY and I can't get anything less than $22,400 before any rebates on a base LX, I would be willing to drive a few hours for a price like 18,500 after 2000 in rebates.
    Thanks
  • joedirtjoedirt Member Posts: 36
    Just go to Fitz Motor Mall and order a Sonata with the internet pricing.

They'll deliver the car to your neck of the woods for free.
  • zy1zy1 Member Posts: 31
    Hi, joedirt,

Do you know Fitz Motor Mall will deliver the car to anywhere in US or only to east coast? Thanks
    Hey zy1.

I thought they'd deliver anywhere. It says "we'll deliver to your home or office" on their website, when you click on the internet delivery thing.

Call their toll free number. Everyone is raving about their no bs sales tactics, and we all know that dealer bs is a huge issue.

Good luck.
  • tb88tb88 Member Posts: 242
    Do you know Fitz Motor Mall will deliver the car to anywhere in US or only to east coast?

That is an interesting point!
    I think they have you pick it up at a local dealer! But the question is: will you be able to see it / test it before you buy it!
    question is: will you be able to see it / test it before you buy it!

I think the answer is 90% NO.
    Negotiations with local dealers are painful and their price can not even close to the fitz's price. I wish fitz motor mall could have more branches in other states, for example the denver area.
    I have been in contact with Fitz Mall today, They almost seem too good to be true. I live in NY, 7 hour drive from their dealership, they offered to drive my new car to my house in NY all I needed to do was get the driver to the airport when he got here. For a price of 18,492 after 2,000 rebate for a base Sonata LX. I don't think I want to let someone drive my new car for 7 hours on the highway. I may go get it. The salesman said they don't always do this? They do not deliver any where for free, Not sure why the salesman made me this offer.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Negotiations with local dealers are painful and their price can not even close to the fitz's price.

I used Fitz as a negotiating tool. My dealer said he would try to match their price. We called up Fitz and put them on the speakerphone and got their exact quote, and my dealer matched it. I think most will.
  • navotinavoti Member Posts: 17
    LX Base paid 1000 under invoice at Zimmerman Hyundai in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

$22,061 - 1000 discount - 2000 in rebates = $19061
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    That is really good, but the invoice on the LX base is $21,561. Maybe there was $500 added to the invoice for "advertising"?
  • navotinavoti Member Posts: 17
    Carsdirect shows $22061 with a regional fee so yes it does look like there was a $500 fee added by the dealer but also shows on Carsdirect. Still only about $500 more than Fitzmall and considering it's a small dealership with no hassles I think I did ok.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Yes, the advertising fee is added to dealer invoices in many parts of the country. Hope they were good ads! :)
  • llamaniallamania Member Posts: 25
    following up the news ever since Sonata hit Korea market, and avidly searched for better price since mid-Feb, Today I finally made the purchase. At Rick Case Hyundai, Cleveland where I bought my Elantra a year ago. The final price before TTL: $15500 + $159 for mudguard. Not bad. I picked aquamarine - it looked so nice when I parked my car in the parking lot of my apt building side by side with other cars. The internet salesman has been very helpful, except that he tried to clarify the quote I brought indeed
    had sunroof. And I showed him the email quote, that's seeled the deal. No complaints. Recommended. Funny is Rick Case is a chain dealer who has another Hyundai dealer just in the south of the city, who has been anything but rude and had little flexibility in pricing - undoubtedly, it's the first one that I ruled out from the bidding game:)
  • digitalamishdigitalamish Member Posts: 2
    Hey kingr, where abouts in Upstate NY are you? I'm near Rochester, and I am thinking about checking out Vision Hyundai for an LX. One selling point they have over Fitzmall (depending on price), is that they give free lifetime oil changes. Since I plan on putting a ton of commuter miles on the car, that's a nice perk to have. I haven't talked numbers with them yet, so I would be interested to know what you have been seeing up here for comparison.
    Hi llamania,

How many rebates did you get? ($500+$1000+$1000)?
    What's your invoice price? $19,280?

You got a very good deal. The best internet price quote I got for GLS I4 without sunroof is about $16,450+TTL with two rebates($500+$1000).

Thanks.
    digitalamish, I live in the Saratoga-Albany area so not too close to you. $500 over invoice is about the best deal I can find around here, that's why I'm looking out of my area and out of state within reason.
  • carbonnicarbonni Member Posts: 33
    What financing APR did you get from HMFC?
  • llamaniallamania Member Posts: 25
    rebates $3000, $500 more from Auto Show rebates which expires march 19th in greater Cleveland. The dealer's price before all rebates is: $18700 ( including $159 for dealer-added mudgurads )

Rebates: $1000 HMFC
    $1000 Loyalty
    $500 Mfc
    $500 AutoShow

List in the final purchase agreement, other than the qualified rebates the deal is reflected on the starting price that dealer's supposed to sell you before rebates applied. I don't know the invoice price - could be around
    $19000 or so. Hope this helps. I also tried a quote from
    Fitzmall.com. They offered me $16257.
  • bjack2bjack2 Member Posts: 12
    tax about 6.25%
    OTD: $17561
    Trade in: a beat-up used car valued around $500

Rebates:
    1000 HMFC
    500 MFC
    400 New Graduate

It is pretty hard to get a good deal in a small town. :(
  • miamixtmiamixt Member Posts: 600
    It is pretty hard to get a good deal in any town. However they are available depending on the Dealers situation. I went in thinking base Sonata, and wound up with the top LX Model at the GLS price. Way more of a Car than I expected. Tried the Fog lights tonight, and someone gave me a weak extended "Brights Treatment". I lit him up with the Sonata's super high beams, incredibly effective in this situation :P
    How much u paid for LX?
    "How many u paid for LX?"

Not many at all!

One Cashiers check for $9200 &
    One barely used crappy 05 Elantra
    After checking KBB, I dont think you get very good deal on ur LX.

But, it is not bad.

"Not many at all!

One Cashiers check for $9200 &
    One barely used crappy 05 Elantra"
    checked Frizmall in FL.

they r not cheaper.

quote a GLS I4 with sunroof for $17,176 plus tax, title minus the college rebate

I also called a nearby dealer(40 miles away). They offered me $18000 for a base GLS I4. Seemed this was the best offer I can get.
  • tb88tb88 Member Posts: 242
    ... checked Frizmall in FL.

they r not cheaper.

quote a GLS I4 with sunroof for $17,176 plus tax, title minus the college rebate..."

That doesn't sound like a bad deal for a GLS with Sunroof.
    LX MSRP $24,895
    LX Invoice $22,839

Dealer Trade worth $9575
    Cashiers Check for $9200

Out the door price including Tax,Registration, & all Fees

$18,775 :)
  • digitalamishdigitalamish Member Posts: 2
    kingr: Here's the deal I just settle on for an LX base model: $20361
    20961 invoice + 600 dest + 500 advert + 500 dealer profit - 1000 v6 incent - 1000 finance incent - 200 local auto show coupon

If I had a loyalty bonus, I could have dropped it another 1000 and been closer to some of the other deals I've seen here.
    Including Tax and Title?
    I called the fitzmall FL before I bought my I4 in my local dealer. They added 6.5% tax, 85$ to transfer the title, 23$ tires fee in FL, 225 $ dealer processing fee to the $17176 minus college rebate. The price out of door is $18199 before trade in.
    If you check the fitzmall, they price the sonata differently in FL and other states. Dont know whether they will price match the lowest price.
    "barely used 2005 Elantra"

Your trade in should be valued around $12000.
    "Your trade in should be valued around $12000".

Considering the fact the 05 Elantra didn't cost that when it was brand new, and new 2006 Models can be had for close to that price, I fail to see the logic in your post with my Dealer Trade. I also fail to see the logic in my deal. Both the Salesman, and Desk Manager were gone within 2 days of my deal. I'd love to send you a copy of my final purchase order, and I have 3!.
    Yes. Why not? :) Great deal then. Maybe they fired the saleman and DM for this deal.
    The Private Party price for my junk car is over $1000.
    The trade in price is around $400.
    I traded it to the dealer for around $800.
    I posted other details of my purchase previously, but without a Job, I neither thought I would be able to finance and get the $1000 rebate, nor afford the top version of the LX, which I highly suggest, it's a Blast!. And the dealer wanted a $1000 back as I wasn't approved for financing as expected. At first I didn't know what to do, because they can ask for their Car back, but I just said NO. My out the door figures posted above are exact. I wound up with a top LX, instead of a loaded GLS as the Dealer couldn't produce my Car (which I had never seen) on the day it was supposed to be delivered from the Touch up shop. Nobody really knew why it was there?. In any case, the Dealer needed to sell a unit for reasons I will never need to know! :P
    My local dealer seemed like eager to sell, too. But it is a small dealership with about 10 new sonata. They cant cut the price lower than $17561.

Actually I left the dealership after I cant cut the price lower. It was around 7:30 pm.. The salesman has been with me for several hours. I waited in my car for about 2 mins. They didn't not rush out to try to negotiate again.

Since I called Fitzmall and the other bigger dealer 40 miles away, I knew the price my local dealer give me was the lowest. After thinking about that for 5 mins, I went back to the dealership to make the deal.

The v6 base model's MSRP is about the same with the I4 with sunroof and the v6 comes with a $1000 MFC rebate, other than the I4's $500. But I like the color of the I4. That's the whole story.
    Yes, there is an advantage living in a major metropolitan area, and especially where a new giant Hyundai Dealer opened very near to me.

But I like the color of the I4.

Tell me about this Color difference. I have the Deepwater Blue. It might be the best Blue ever, it's Black yet Blue!

OK , so there's Artic White
    Bright Silver
    Dark Cinnamon
    Steel Gray
    Powder White Pearl (Limited Availability)
    Aquamarine
    Golden Beige
    Ebony Black
    Silver Blue

Cloth is Beige or Gray
    Leather is Beige or Gray
    I got the Powder White Pearl (Limited Availability). It is beautiful.
  • kmonniakmonnia Member Posts: 18
    Went in to look at the GLS V6 last night after reading all the posts on this board. We also told the salesman that we had been to Fitz so we knew what kind of pricing we could get. Ended up leaving with an LX for $18.1 OTD. Think I got a great deal. Ended up about $1k less than Fitz. They had a ton of them on the lot and the salesman said they basically were buying my business. I love the car and can't wait to drive it today. By the way, that did include the $3k in rebates for anyone who's doing a comparison. :shades:
  • suzannaflsuzannafl Member Posts: 84
    Hi kmonnia,

Congrats on your new car.
    What city/dealer did you use?

Does your LX have leather and/or sunroof?
    Any other extra options?

Is your definition of OTD before or after taxes, license, etc.?

S
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Ended up leaving with an LX for $18.1 OTD. Think I got a great deal. Ended up about $1k less than Fitz.

That's the best deal I have ever seen on any new car. ;)
    I'm still trying to figure out how some of us did it, but take my advice, shoot for more Car than you think you'll need, and deal from there. Try to get all rebates, even if you don't initially qualify, and subtract them from the Invoice price, not the Sticker.

I can't believe I'm in a big Car again, as the Sonata of YesterYear was much different. The V6 Power is pure power, however be careful and drive responsibly!

Scott
    I bought it from the Hyundai in New Port Richey, FL. The dealer had a ton of the Sonata's on the lot. Yes, it has leather, I'm pretty sure that's standard with the LX. I didn't get the sunroof because I had one and really did use it in my old car. OTD is the total price paid after tax, title, license, etc. After they took off another $3,000 for my trade, which was really worth about $2,000, I financed $15.1k. Had a great time driving it today. It is totally awesome.
    I couldn't agree more Mia. We went in planning to get the GLS V6 and then started looking at the power driver seat and the 17" wheels. When we went out to look at all the cars again, we decided we really din't want the sunroof and went for the LX. Was still about $1,500 more than we were originally planning on, but they met our price anyhow. Ended up costing the same as we negotiated on the GLS. We did a lot of research on this board and told them up front we knew what people were paying (but didn't tell them how much). We also threw the Fitzmall name out there during our conversation.
    Does anyone here with an '06 Sonata have the 'ka-thunk' sound coming from rear suspension when traveling over bumps? Several reviews of the Sonata (including USA Today and Consumer Reports) mention this.

They're also talking about it on the Hyndai Forums.

If so, I'd like to know whhat Hyundai is doing about this.

Thanks.
    "Does anyone here with an '06 Sonata have the 'ka-thunk' sound coming from rear suspension when traveling over bumps? Several reviews of the Sonata (including USA Today and Consumer Reports) mention this.
    They're also talking about it on the Hyndai Forums.
    If so, I'd like to know whhat Hyundai is doing about this.

This is the prices paid forum. I might have heard a sound, hard to tell using the premium Sound system in the LX. If there is a problem, Hyundai will fix it, or issue us the new Azera. Not worried at all, incredible new Car!
  • onewhowasonewhowas Member Posts: 7
    Me too.
    The Power White Pearl looked, by far, the best.
    (at least to me and the wife.)

I paid $20,198 for the LX with sunroof, and upgraded stereo.
    ...about $200 more than Ftz Mall.
    But, I got them to throw in window tint, and do the auto locks (at 25MPH) for free.

And I'm in Dallas, so there's no way I'm driving to NY to save $200...

I'm happy with the car and price...
    The Powder Pearl is the best?. Turn to the last page of the Brochure to see my Deepwater Blue, ooh!

Congrats on the new LX, the only way to go. Interesting to see all the extra features exclusive to the LX. I also have the only options, the Sunroof and the upgraded Stereo. I could have done without both, but they're there, and they're spectacular!

What did they do to your Auto Locks at 25 MPH for free?.