Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    Run, don't walk away from this dealer! If you took his deal, the dealer would be pocketing the rebate, not you.

Check Fitzmall.com for fair prices on the car. You may want to buy from them if your dealer is unreasonable, the car can be delivered to you for $500 or so.
  • osaka75osaka75 Member Posts: 88
    I agree with the last poster. At least compare with another dealer.

Also, is the dealer charging you sticker price? Please read through this thread to find out that you can get the car for a much better price than that. Seems like you are looking at a 2007 if the rebate is $1,000. Even though this is the new model year, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to negotiate several hundred off of sticker. Especially if it's a 6 cylinder model.

I think that in most states the sales tax is calculated before the rebate is factored in.

Good luck.
  • pcgeek86pcgeek86 Member Posts: 72
    I've got a quote from a local dealership for $17,900 on a brand new 2007 SE w/ sunroof. Does this sound like a fair price? I did some dealing yesterday with several dealerships via e-mail on a 2006 GLS v6 w/ sunroof, and got one down to $17,761, however it's way up in Wisconsin, and I'm down in Illinois, so the closer the better (plus the 2007 is newer at a similar price).

I asked the local dealer if he could include the power driver's seat and auto-dimming mirror (Preferred Package) on for the same price and finalize the deal, but I won't hear back until tomorrow. Any thoughts?
  • motorhead5motorhead5 Member Posts: 10
    I was wondering what dealership you contacted in Wisconsin that gave you the $17,761 price. I would think that the price you got on the 2007 SE is pretty good. I bought a 2006 GLS V6 W/Sunroof for 18,200
    Hey motorhead ... the dealership in Wisconsin is in Sheboygan; It's called Van Horn Hyundai. It's a 2 hour drive north for me, but at the right price it could be worth it. Thanks for letting me know your price as well; very helpful.
  • motorhead5motorhead5 Member Posts: 10
    pcgeek86,
    Did you try Arrow Hyundai? they are the ones that gave me the 18,200 price. It seems like the prices are better in Illinois
  • jamesd1057jamesd1057 Member Posts: 18
    That is the deal I ws looking to compare. 2007 SE w/sunroof possibly preferred package. Please post how it worked out. Thanks!!
    STAY AWAY FROM ELGIN HYUNDAI! They backed out on the 2007 deal they quoted me on. What a load of BS .. they turned around and offered $18,900 because "no one would in their right mind would pay $140 less for a 2006". Man they pissed me off, but that's okay, because now another local dealer has quoted me $17,736, and I'm finalizing it tonight, on a 2006 GLS v6 w/ sunroof, no preferred package. :) Cheers!
    I e-mailed Arrow after I got a better quote elsewhere, and they came back with the same number they gave me originally, $18,161.
    I just reached a deal with a local dealership today. I am getting a 2006 Sonata GLS v6 w/ Sunroof in Deepwater Blue for $19526 AFTER tax, title, reg. Base car price is $17,736 after $2500 rebate. Test drove my car, and picking up tomorrow ... weeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • jfranojfrano Member Posts: 6
    What dealership gave you this deal, sounds very good.
  • dump_truckdump_truck Member Posts: 42
    Getting ready to buy my first new car, so I'm in need of a lot of help. Including moonroof, any suggestions for a fair offer on either of these vehicles? There is currently the $1500 cash back offer. I was thinking maybe 21,500 for the Ltd. and maybe 19,500 for the SE. My figures are after rebate but before TTL. I really appreciate any comments or suggestions. This forum is amazing! I'm in Pennsylvania if that hels at all.
  • iperiper Member Posts: 12
    21500 for a limited (before ttl) without ultimate pkg should be easy..
    I got the quote from fitzmall at Maryland. Is this the best price for a 07 Limited at DC area? Is it possile to get it at 20K?

I knew some people get 06 LX $19K or 20K otd, but it is hard for find a 06 LX.

Thanks,
  • nd9979nd9979 Member Posts: 8
    GLS w/premium sport package and carpeted floor mats
    $17,915.00 + tax and license

How does this sound? Sticker is $19,480.00. At face value it seems like a good deal, but I know this dealer is has a rep. of being pretty sleazy. I did use carsdirect though. I'm in Indianapolis, IN.

Thoughts?
    well i just got an offer for a 2007 sonata limited w/ the ultimate package w/ moonroof for 23,500. is this a decent deal?
    i'm thinking i can get it much closer to 21,000 before TTL???
    Take a look at fitzautomall.com for good comparisons on LX Ultimate
  • sprintrpssprintrps Member Posts: 62
    I paid $19.9 for an SE last weekend. Hard to get a great deal here in Arkansas as there are only a few dealers, and the Dark Red is in demand. I could have had white or silver for $19.6.I went 140 miles to another dealer, as the local dealer said there was no way to get a Dark Red car.
    did you get your se with the moonroof by chance?
  • kaiser2kaiser2 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Guys,
    Do you guys think that the $2000 Factory to Dealer Incentive is still in place? Is that applicable for the 2007 models or just the 2006 models? This incentive was mentioned a few weeks back and can be viewed at

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/06/05/010045.html

This news was also published in a Korean NewsPaper

What do you guys think?
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    According to Edmunds there are no factory to dealer marketing incentives at present on the 2007 Sonatas.
  • teva2k3teva2k3 Member Posts: 1
    I am curious to find out why 2 of the Hyundai Dealers in my area have a window sticker and a small second marked Regional Mark up. This mark up is between $3500-$4500 over the $24,500 sticker price. Both of the dealers in southeastern Ma that I went to could not explain what this fee was for. The one dealer that I found a left over 06 Sonata LX which was sitting on their lot since 9/05 tried to sell me the car for $28,800!!!!! After negotiating for an hour, I demanded the keys for my car back and left. I was wondering if anybody else has run into this situation with a "mark up" sticker and can recommend a good Dealer buy a car from as I will not go back to Rt 44 Hyundai again.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The "fee" is for additional dealer profit. Sometimes dealers actually call it that on the sticker, e.g. ADM for Additional Dealer Markup. It's called many things I guess. I'd call it a joke. :D
  • miamixtmiamixt Member Posts: 600
    Almost all Dealers use the after market sticker, or Add-A-Tag©. They look so official when they're not hand written!.

Mine includes the "Decor Package" at $480, which features a hand painted Pin stripe (Better than the foil ones!) and door edge guards. I think they forgot to put those on though?.

And the "Protection Package" for $815 which includes paint sealant, and a complete detail. Where's the "Scotch Guard" fabric protection this year. Why I must have got ripped off! :) . They should have paid me $815, as my Car saw no Detail, just a hose and toweled off upon purchase. :surprise:
  • cajuncyclercajuncycler Member Posts: 172
    Soooo you paid $1295 for what amounts to $100 or less in additional amenities? :confuse: :cry: Nice..
    So I noticed numerous 2006 Sonatas at CarMax with under 10,000 miles. The LX models are selling for about $18,995 before TTL. I've looked into CarMax and I believe if there selling for that much at CarMax then CarMax probably got them for round $15-16K. Anyone know how I could get a Sonata for $15-16K before TTL with under 10K miles?
    "Soooo you paid $1295 for what amounts to $100 or less in additional amenities? Nice.."

Well no. What they ask for at the Dealership, and what they get are totally separate issues. I got my LX for a steal. In fact I stole it!. :shades:
  • cajuncyclercajuncycler Member Posts: 172
    Excellent, glad to hear it. I hate it when a dealer tacks on the silly stuff expecting folks will blindly pay for it.
  • danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    Get a dealer license and go to an auction.
  • sprintrpssprintrps Member Posts: 62
    No..I am 6'5" tall and could not give up any headroom for the sunroof.
    I was acually looking for a thoughtful answer. Not a smart comment.

Does anyone know how I could get a 2006 Sonata for $15-16K before TTL with under 10K miles? I'm not a dealer.
    Check the Newspaper :P
    got the ultimate package as well.

21,900 before TTL. checked the car out today as it had to be delivered from another local deal. i wished i woulda said i will go pick it up myself. car already has 77 miles on it?!?! guess i'm crying over nothing. 20-25 of it was from the one dealer to the other. maybe i'll see if he'll knock off a bit on the extended warranty or renegiote the sale price.
  • dan42dan42 Member Posts: 32
    I would check your surrounding Hyundai dealership lots. I have seen quite a few used 06 Sonata's at the dealers here in Colorado. Not sure where you live but there is alot of 06' inventory here in Colorado. I would guess you should certainly be able to get a used 4 cyl. between $15-16K, since the new ones cost just a little more. Most of the ones I have seen are demo cars from the employees with low miles. What options are you looking for cause you could probably get a new one for real close to what you are going to pay new, plus you get a NEW car and color you want.
  • jlemoinejlemoine Member Posts: 25
    Bought my 2006 Silver 4cly Auto Sonata for 15,257, no problem at all here in Western Massachusetts. Walked in offered that amount and bought the car, whole negotiation tool less than 15 minutes. Got 1750 miles on it now and love the car
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Definitely got a great deal, here in San Antonio the GLS four cylinder is running about 1 percent over invoice and the six cylinder is running about 16,965.00 plus TT&L.
  • msebarmsebar Member Posts: 12
    just got my first price here are the specs and price.

OUT THE DOOR PRICE $22,841.00

The price I want you to give me is out the door including the following and anything else I might have missed. Please make sure you are thorough as your
    price will the price I pay not a penny more.

I will need this car before the end of the month so time is short.

Thank you for your time.

Sales Tax
    Prep Fee
    Loan App Fee
    Plate Transfer
    Less Rebates I do own one now so I get the loyalty also
    Doc Stamps
    Service or Handling Fee
    Battery Fee
    Tire Fee
    MVWEA Fee
    and any other fee that I might have missed

2007 Hyundai Sonata (Silver Blue)
    Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl)
    Power tilt-and-slide sunroof
    AM/FM stereo
    6-CD changer
    MP3 playback
    Infinity speakers
    Subwoofer and amplifier
    Cargo Tray
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Mud Guards
    Aside from the Infinity speakers, the 2006 LX Model I purchased came with all of the above, at a price that was $4000 less. Some would say its the same Car. :)
    Pay no attention to "I got mine for $4000 less"
    and Don't let what he paid for his car ruin your fun!
    If you go back and read his posts he will tell you that he got a car which sat for 6 months in the dealer's lot, by the sea; and went thru 2-3 hurricanes... so far he had the brakes replaced and bodywork I believe; and a few other things...
    So, relax and enjoy your car; and don't let anybody spoil your fun!
    "Pay no attention to "I got mine for $4000 less"
    and Don't let what he paid for his car ruin your fun!
    If you go back and read his posts he will tell you that he got a car which sat for 6 months in the dealer's lot, by the sea; and went thru 2-3 hurricanes... so far he had the brakes replaced and bodywork I believe; and a few other things...
    So, relax and enjoy your car; and don't let anybody spoil your fun!"

Yes my Sonata was turning 6 Months old when I bought it. Yes, there is an Ocean near Florida. True it got blown during a Hurricane (similar to the blower at the Car wash). And no bodywork, but I did get it waxed, polished, and buffed out. I also got a replacement set of Rotors, as they were turning yellow due to non use.

My Sonata, born on 8/19/05 just turned one year old, and I have only 1500 miles on it. It looks better than the day I bought it, and the price was right. Less than $18,000 for the fully loaded LX model, a breathtaking Car at a spectacular price. Oh, add $700 for a Tag & Tax :P
  • gcroftgcroft Member Posts: 15
    Got the last silver in Houston. Plenty of whites around. Got floor mats, pin striping, protection package and paid dealer prep for invoice then less rebate plus TTL. OTD for $17.7K. Maybe could of done a little better but seemed like a decent price even though they sprung dealer prep on me at the end. I guess they made holdback and the salesman said he gets $100 regardless of price.
  • reader0518reader0518 Member Posts: 6
    what is a good number to start your negotiation with? I am thinking 17.2k out of the door and move up from there, with a cap at 18.2K. any input is appreciated.
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    I am thinking 17.2k out of the door and move up from there, with a cap at 18.2K. any input is appreciated

Sounds reasonable if before $500 rebate.
    You'll never find one at that price. In fact you will never find a V4 because they don't make them. However, why not consider a 2006 I 6, with up to $3000 in rebates?.
  • averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Sorry, but you'll also never find an '06 Sonata I 6 with any rebates, because they don't make those either.

Hahahaha. So, how about considering a 2006 V-6 instead?
    The 235 HP 3.3 V seems like a fine engine. 234 for 2007, it lost one HP :cry:
  • jtjkjtjk Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I just got final price from a dealer (Columbus, OH) after lot of bargaining. He quoted 22,800 Out the door for 2007 Ltd with ultimate package. Pearl white color.
    Need advise on if this is the right price.

Thanks
    Jawahar
    how much ultimate pkg worth for you..
    i got a quote for sonata limited without ult pkg for 21k otd
  • lkclkc Member Posts: 3
    Just got home from buying the last new "dark cinnamon" 2006 Sonata LX V6 at Metro Mitsubishi in south Minneapolism with sunroof, leather seats, 6-CD changer, heated seats, etc. Paid $20,500 with $2,500 factory rebate and another $2,000 off the MSRP. No additional delivery charge. The salesman was great to work with, very helpful and not at all pushy. We've been driving a 1993 Camry, which we're keeping as a second car, and had been thinking of a Camry or Accord, but the Hyundai reviews caught my eye, the car seems to drive very quietly and comfortably, and we thought it unlikely to beat this price. Hope we're right! Not quite the color I was looking for (we also looked at a dark silver model, which looked classier on the outside, but didn't have the options), but it's very nice, especially in the sun. Just have to wait a day or two for the Armor protection. How does the price sound? They still have about a dozen 2006's left, including champagne and black models.