Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• momx5momx5 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Sonata GLS with the popular equipment package, mud guards, floor mats and cargo tray. The car had the dealers pin stripe and rear window brake light and some sort of waxing product???
    The final price I paid was $18426.
    I got the $2000 rebate and t.t.t. were $778(higher than some dealers but I wanted to buy it locally).
    I love the vehicle and hope I paid a reasonable price.
  • oracle8oracle8 Member Posts: 2
    Just got our New 2009 Sonata GLS for 15339 out of the door. Sale prices is around $ 13000 much better than Toyota and Honda.
  • momx5momx5 Member Posts: 2
    Wow I feel like I paid too much, any options with your GLS. Mine was AT with the popular 2 package and some other things. Please give the details regarding your car.
  • sk00sk00 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought 09 Sonata GLS Auto 4 cyl with PE package (no sunroof) + Mud Guards + Carpeted Floor Mats.
    Here's the deal I got, I think I got a good one, but what do you all think?
    Car Price: 16274
    Dealer Fee: 248
    Tax:813
    Title/License: 65
    Total (OTD) =17400
    Paid Cash, not a Hyundai owner previously (so no loyalty rebate).
  • gtutz1gtutz1 Member Posts: 1
    Invoice is 21,466, MSRP is 22,445, with loyalty rebate of 1500 and cash back of 2000 do you think I can get it for $18,000? This will be my fourth buy at this dealer. Let's hear it.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    try for 17.9K
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Your MSRP is a little low, MSRP including destination is $23,145. There are some dealers e.g. Fitzmall and Towne that regularly advertise Sonatas for $1000+ under invoice, before rebates. So you might start much lower than invoice less rebates, see what they say. You can always come up on your offer if they say "no".
  • sty1sty1 Member Posts: 22
    hi guys,

I have a 2 yr old Sonata 07 V6 LE in great condition with less than 6500 miles as we speak (feb 2009). I am thinking about "upgrading" to Sonata 4-cyl LE just cause:

- gas-wise 4-cyl is more economical than V6 - even though gas prices are cheap now they could go higher in the future

- maintenance-wise I think V6 is pricier to maintain than 4cyl

Is anyone here from the Bay area? I wonder how much would the 2009 Sonata 4 cyl LE cost - with moonroof? Heard from this forum that moonroof is STANDARD for 2009 Sonata LE models, is that true? BTW I bought my 2007 Sonata V6 LE for $25k in 2007 - the added option I got was for the Infinity speakers and the moonroof. I see that the current 2009 Sonata LE's now come with Infinity speakers standard, so guess moonroof is still an option?.

I think I have read from this forum that the current 2009 Sonata LE 4-cyl could cost $22k OTD?

I am hoping to be able to sell my car and willing to shell just an extra $2500 tops to get a new 2009 Sonata 4-cyl LE. Is this possible or wishful thinking?

My 2007 Sonata V6 LE is in excellent condition (I have 6500 mi after 2 years) and I do the regular oil change about every five months as I don't drive it often. It still has the new car smell :)

Your inputs are appreciated!
  • mcgrottymcgrotty Member Posts: 4
    Hi Guys:

Have most of my ducks in a row for 09 Sonata Limited 4 cyc - just a few questions for you experts:

1. Is the dealer prep amount standard or does it vary among dealers?
    2. Are any of your buyers being coerced into taking NAV by salesmen telling you that no Sonatas are available w/o NAV?
    3. What is the best guess re: will the $2K rebate and $1.5 loyalty incentives be renewed for March?
    4. Anyone purchase recently on Long Island in NY - if so, how did ya do??

Thanks - your help is truly appreciated!!
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I wanted to get an idea of what is a good price to pay for a new 2009 Hyundai Sonata 4 cylinder SE and Limited automatic? Is there is big price difference and what is the lowest I can get for either model? All of you feedback and information would be greatly appreciated. I am in Northern CA. Thanks.
  • mazda3hcmazda3hc Member Posts: 4
    wow, that's really a good deal. Where is the location?
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    That is very good and the best price I have seen. That said a used auto 08 gls with avg miles has a trade in value of about 11000. $13000 or so is about what you would want for an auto, but somehow I get the feeling you have a manual trans.

Also don't know how 2300 in fees come about (1600 in tax, $150 in title/license $550 dealer "doc" fee?)

I don't believe most areas of the country outside of NY, NJ or CA would be competitive. Hyundai sales seem to be much better than the rest in the last few months and they seem to be selling the gls auto (20400msrp) for around $16000 or more.

With a trade in value in 12 months of $11000, this isn't much of a deal. Especially in a recession

Good luck
    --jjf

Just got our New 2009 Sonata GLS for 15339 out of the door. Sale prices is around $ 13000 much better than Toyota and Honda.
    A couple of things. First, the 2008 Sonata is now nearly a two-year-old model, having debuted in early 2007. The 2009 model is now nearly a year old. So when looking at the value of a used Sonata that is a year old, you should be looking at the 2009, not the 2008.

Second, where else can you buy anything comparable to the Sonata GLS AT new OTD for close to $15k? Nothing I am aware of. You might get a stripped Fusion for close to that, but it would not have ESC at that price.

If someone wants to pay as little as possible for a car, they should buy used, e.g. 2008 Sonata GLS ATs with moonroof are available readily in my area for $11-12k with average miles. But some people like a new car, and the 10-year warranty that goes with it. They are willing to pay the big depreciation expense in the first year or two for the benefit of buying new. I don't see the value of comparing new car prices to used car prices when someone is set on buying new. If they are considering both new and used cars, then that is a worthwhile comparison.
    An 08 Sonata gls has a used trade in value of about $11000. This is about what the 09 will trade in for in 12 months.

If one can get a new 09 Sonata GLS AT for $13000-14xxx before taxes and tag then more power to them. Agreed that would be an good value. That said, we have very few (one?) report of a sale anywhere near that price.

Outside of NY,NJ and CA, the price is more likely to be $16000 or so for the $20,400 msrp Sonata GLS, with Hyundai working their favorite payment buyers in these other regions. At $16000 the vehicle is not that compelling of a value, especially in a recession, and one should investigate what is possible with the Toyota or Honda offerings in your region. I haven't looked up the numbers.

Hyundai has actually reported increased sales figures recently, meaning a possible sellers market for them. More reason for 10 email bids from Toyota and Honda in your region last week of the month.

I believe there are numerous others posting $20000 purchase figures for the Sonata Limited 6cyl etc. A quick look at an 08 used (kbb.com) Limited reveals a trade in value of about $12000, or what your 09 will trade in for in 12 months.

Paying $8000 to ride a Hyundai Limited (or few other cars, especially now) for the 1st 12 months is definitely not great, and you've done it whether you trade the car in 12 months or drive it for 10 years.

Thoroughly exhausting the 09 Toyota and Honda situation is warranted especially if paying $2000 or so more has us eating about $3000-$4000 in 12 months. (look up an 08 used). Many will argue the Toyota and Honda are superior if not equal brands to Hyundai.

The Hyundai warranty is probably worth about $450 over the average warranty provided by the others, if you want to figure that in.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf

Second, where else can you buy anything comparable to the Sonata GLS AT new OTD for close to $15k? Nothing I am aware of. You might get a stripped Fusion for close to that, but it would not have ESC at that price.
  • drbill36drbill36 Member Posts: 3
    With regard to purchasing a one year old automobile as opposed to a new one, isn't it always the case that there is a significant savings involved?

jFritsch says:
    "Paying $8000 to ride a Hyundai Limited (or few other cars, especially now) for the 1st 12 months is definitely not great, and you've done it whether you trade the car in 12 months or drive it for 10 years."

Admittedly Hyundai's resale value is much poorer than either Honda or Toyota, but this argument would mitigate against ever purchasing a new Hyundai as opposed to a new model of other two major Asian brands. As I'm sure all are aware, the best values can be had on 2-4 year old models which have been well cared for. This will almost always be cheaper (cost per mile driven) in the long run than buying new. So buying a new car is usually never the cheapest way to go.

I have been following this board for several weeks now since I am in the market for a 2009 Sonata Limited. What I am seeing are prices about $1000- $2000 under invoice. However there is presently a factory $2000 cash back deal ( plus $1500 more if you already own a Hyundai, which I don't) so the best negotiators out there are getting a $500-$1000 better deal at most ( a 2.5% to 5% advantage).

In a so-called recession "the worst since the great depression", deals on all cars should be much better than they are. In reality, the only true bargains out there are from the Big Three cars and they seem to be drying up as the Federal Govt. prepares to pump more of our dollars into these companies.

My point is that there are many more people out there who can afford to buy automobiles than the news stories would lead us to believe. Even though automobile sales are way down, the deals I'm reading about do not reflect this fact. Unlike real estate, this is NOT a runaway buyers market for cars!

With regard to buying a Hyundai Sonata Limited I4 for around $22,000 to $23,000 OTD, the closest comparably equipped Honda or Toyota would be at least $4,000 to $6,000 more.

Thank you for your patience. I have really enjoyed following these discussions.

William Walter
    And another factor in favor of buying a new Sonata vs. used: if you buy a used Sonata, no one will make up to 3 car payments for you if you lose your income, nor will they take the car back after that with no impact on your credit rating and no extra cash out of pocket to you. Also, there are very few used 2009 Sonatas for sale right now, and the 2009s are much improved over the 2006-2008 models. So the value of comparing the price of a new 2009 to a used 2008 is questionable, IMO. Instead, I think it should be a comparison of new 2009 Sonatas to new 2009 mid-sized cars from other brands, with like features. On that score, the Sonata fares very well, especially for current Hyundai owners with the $1500 loyalty rebate and the added value of the 10-year warranty and the Assurance+ program.
    My point is that there are many more people out there who can afford to buy automobiles than the news stories would lead us to believe. Even though automobile sales are way down, the deals I'm reading about do not reflect this fact. Unlike real estate, this is NOT a runaway buyers market for cars!

With regard to buying a Hyundai Sonata Limited I4 for around $22,000 to $23,000 OTD, the closest comparably equipped Honda or Toyota would be at least $4,000 to $6,000 more.

Thank you for your patience. I have really enjoyed following these discussionsMy point is that there are many more people out there who can afford to buy automobiles than the news stories would lead us to believe. Even though automobile sales are way down, the deals I'm reading about do not reflect this fact. Unlike real estate, this is NOT a runaway buyers market for cars!

Thank you for your patience. I have really enjoyed following these discussions

This is true to the market respect. A falloff for the big 3 have made sale prices of "foreign brands" not much less than regular times. Yes and the economy is being touted as the worst of all times to pass our illustrious Democrats boondoogle astronomical economic packages. Except for the banks, I don't think economic circumstances match the 1980-1982 period much less into the 1930's.

As noted Hyundai has actually seen an increase in sales, making it less likely to get a deal. Their usual payment schemes keeping sales going. There is very little difference in the 08-09 Sonata. Hyundai resale values remain miserable, only outclassed possibly temporarily by the Chevy Impala.

If your numbers are realistic (paying 4000 more than an equivalent Limited Sonata) one is probably at breakeven between the Sonata and the Toyota/Accord. Put the Altima 3.5 SE in there also as it is very nice. If not the numbers favor the higher end manufacturers.

In any event, a Hyundai is rarely an excellent deal over other "foreign" nameplates , even after paying or financing a few thousand more for the more popular vehicles. Only buy it if you really really dig it over the others.

One could definitely try to circumvent this by testing the claim that the used (in this case 08) Sonata can be bought in many areas retail from dealers for "trade in" book prices. Around 11000 for a GLS auto, Perhaps $13000 or so for a 08 limited I've seen enough asking prices in different areas from dealers over the last year or so that may substantiate this.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
    There is very little difference in the 08-09 Sonata.

That is not accurate. Here's some of the differences between the 2008 and 2009 Sonata:

* More powerful I4 and V6 engines
    * Improved fuel economy
    * 5-speed automatic transmission on I4 models
    * Redesigned dash and interior (IMO much nicer dash than 2006-8)
    * Standard aux input/USB port
    * Revised suspension, with sport tuning (and steering) on SE
    * Available factory nav on Limited
    * Revised alloys on Limited
    * Sport seats with leather/cloth on SE
    * Restyled front end and taillamps
    * Hyundai Assurance program available (on new 2009s).

And I've probably forgotten some things.
  • oskidunker1oskidunker1 Member Posts: 213
    My son needs a car. I currently own an Azera. If we put both our names on the title for a new Sonata, do you think we would qualify for the loyalty discount?
    The finance manager at a Hyundai dealer can probably answer that question easily.
    There is very little difference between the 08 and 09. There is certainly nothing that would affect trade in value.

$11000 08 Hyundai Gls auto (msrp $20000) used (kbb.com)
    $12000 08 Hyundai Limited V6 (msrp $27000) used (kbb.com)

Heck, there is very little that affects trade in between the $20000 GLS and the $27000 Limited ! :surprise:

Happy Huntin folks
    --jjf

There is very little difference in the 08-09 Sonata.

That is not accurate. Here's some of the differences between the 2008 and 2009 Sonata:

* More powerful I4 and V6 engines
    * Improved fuel economy
    * 5-speed automatic transmission on I4 models
    * Redesigned dash and interior (IMO much nicer dash than 2006-8)
    * Standard aux input/USB port
    * Revised suspension, with sport tuning (and steering) on SE
    * Available factory nav on Limited
    * Revised alloys on Limited
    * Sport seats with leather/cloth on SE
    * Restyled front end and taillamps
    * Hyundai Assurance program available (on new 2009s).

And I've probably forgotten some things.
    There is very little difference between the 08 and 09. There is certainly nothing that would affect trade in value.

Since trade-in values aren't readily available for 2009s yet, that is hard to verify. But what can be verified is the market values for 2008s vs. similar 2009s, e.g. here are some local Twin Cities prices for GLS I4 ATs with moonroof:

2009s:
    $16,888 - 16k miles
    $16,388 - 21k
    $15,788 - 23k
    $14,993 - 24k

2008s:
    $11,891 - 24k miles
    $12,400 - 22k
    $12,891 - 19k

Seems like a big difference in price for what is essentially, in your opinion, the same car.
  • ping7ping7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi: Thought we did our research well but best deal here on 09 GLS Sonata Auto w/pop. equip, mud flaps, carpet and net, OTD is $20,600. We thought $19,100 was a very fair offer. Are we missing something? Fees are $800 and include non negotiable maintenance contract for some oil changes and tire rotation.
    Thanks for any help.
    That is the first time I have ever heard of a maintenance contract being "non-negotiable." To me that is a red flag that you did not get a very good deal. It isn't clear what the price is before taxes and fees but it appears it was $19,100. That seems very high for a Sonata GLS at this time, given there is a $2000 rebate plus most dealers are offering large discounts on top of that. Did you check pricing with multiple dealers?
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Everything is negotiable. $800.00 for oil changes and tire rotations. Don't know about Kentucky - but here in So. Cal you would pay as follows:

Oil Change $32.00
    Tire rotation $30.00 to $40.00

So if you do this about ten times you get your money back. I hope the dealer is convenient and can do these things right away and you don't have to drop your car off and pick it up in the afternoon.
    Sounds bad. We got an '09 Sonata Ltd last week - in New York - for 19,169 plus tax and ttl with free oil changes for 3 yrs and mats. No hassle - wonderful dealership - best Better Business Bureau rating. If anyone wants the details on this dealership - this is our 4th Hyundai and this dealership was the best, by far.
    We picked up our '09 Sonata Limited last week - in Long Island, New York - for 19,169 plus tax and ttl with free oil changes for 3 yrs and mats. No hassle - wonderful dealership - best Better Business Bureau rating. If anyone wants the details on this dealership/name to go to - this is our 4th Hyundai and this dealership was the best, by far. They go out of the way to make sure you are satisfied.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Is that a 6 cyl or 4? I went to a dealer in Las Vegas and they didn't even know a 4cyl LTD existed.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    did this include navigation? i am interested in limited with navigation-- either 4 or 6 cylinder.
    Thanks for comments--OTD price is now $20200 because they eliminated that non negotiable maintenance plan.
    TMV for this car is 18766,including current rebate, taxes 1125. think their fees are about $200. Guess for our part of the country, that's about it. At that price, it doesn't seem like much of a bargain.

Haven't bought it yet but looks like rebate is going away today.

Thanks for any additional thoughts or advice. I really appreciate the help you've given.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Some rebate will almost certainly be offered. Hyundai's web site will update the rebates with the next few days, possibly tomorrow.

The rebates could be less generous, but the way the industry is going I would expect any change in rebates to be more favorable to the buyer. Also, the 2010's will probably be out sometime around June, so that might also tend to increase the rebate.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    Correction on my earlier post (tire rotation and oil changes) It would take TWENTY TIMES to get your money back!
    Thanks for comments--emailed Bales Motor company, Jeffersonville, IN, for OTD price, received quote for $19,329 OTD for car with Pop. Equip. package. also sent me a price on demo with only 1500 miles on it.
    There were 3 new GLS cars w/pop equip available: we chose one that had carpets plus mudflaps. Perhaps others can negotiate a lower price but the salesman said that's his standard internet sale price with no negotiating. They never mentioned the service plan that Oxmoor Hyundai in Louisville included as "fees" and they gave us an appointment for a free oil change. the finance mgr. went over the extended warranty options before we signed all the papers. No pressure, everything as promised, excellent communication from all. This was the best deal we could get in our area so certainly recommend this dealer. We liked the personnel and the low key, friendly atmosphere, too.
    is that before tax and title? if no, whats the tax rate, title, and doc fees?
  • nataliciousnatalicious Member Posts: 8
    Hello all,
    I'm a 29 y/o woman (budget-minded), I live in Piscataway, NJ and i'm trying to find a good Hyundai Dealer in my area. I don't want to have to travel too far to buy but will if the price is right! I've contacted Brad Benson for a quote & i was told that they don't email quotes...whatever! I'm trying to do thorough research but it's so overwhelming! At this point I think i've narrowed down my search to the following a 2008 Sonata SE (whatever the mid level one is). I'm 5'9 & I need something that will fit me, I hate little cars ( I used to have a 93 duster in College & grad school). I don't have kids to load into whatever I choose but I want to have space in the car for me. I don't drive to work, so that's not a concern at the moment.

Here are the things i'd like your advice on:
    -Should I go with a New or Used Hyundai? What's the better deal in your opinion?
    -Is certified used a good option?
    -I'd like to know if you think that it'd be worth it to get a V6?
    -How much did you pay for your Sonata (including taxes & fees)?
    -Are there things that you recommend that I ask at the Dealerships?
    -What dealership did you buy from, where should I avoid at all costs?
    -If I buy out of state, do I pay for the state of purchase taxes & NJ taxes on it? Do you recommend buying out of state?

I'm open to all your suggestions!

Thank you for reading!
    Check with townehundia.com in Denville, NJ. Call to confirm all fees to determine your final price. Ask to speak with Joe. Tell him one of the CT guys suggested you call.

You'll have to make you own decision about "new" or "used."
  • abagriabagri Member Posts: 11
    I purchased a 2009 Sonata Limited yesterday with sunroof, heated leather seats, touchscreen nav unit etc for $6,900 under sticker price from Brad Benson. I was also looking to buy a used (2007/08) Sonata, but they have great rebates going on - $2000 for everyone, addl $1500 if you or a family member currently owns a Hyundai. The dealership on Rt-22 has an additional $2000 rebate.
    Here's what I advice:
    1. Decide about the exact year, model, trim and optional features you want.
    2. Test-drive the car at any dealership. Tell them up front that you are not looking to buy today, but if you like the car you'll come back to the same salesman. Decide on the exact car you want.
    3. Get email quotes from Brad Benson, Sansone (Rt-1 Avenel) and Global Auto Mall (Rt-22 North Plainfield) - using edmonds.com or cars.com. The other two gave me email quotes.
    4. Ask the dealers to match each others' quotes for the Out The Door price (base + 7% sales tax + dest charge around $700 + DMV titling and registration and doc fees around $200)
    4.5 Get financing BEFORE going to the dealership.
    5. GO IN to Brad Benson and ask for the "Internet sales manager". Folks that do their research on the internet are perceived to be well-informed and it's easier to get a great deal that way.
    6. Negotiate hard. Tell them you are ready to buy TODAY (and you should be). Talk about the out the door price and no other price. Tell them you'll walk out if they add a single fee to the negotiated price. Read up on edmonds.com, especially "confessions of a car salesman". Stick to your figure until the salesman brings in the sales manager. When you increase your price, do it in small increments, e.g. if you start from $20,000; say $20,200; $20,300; 20,350 - keep reducing the increment amount.
    7. Your greatest asset will be your willingness to walk out if the price doesn't seem right. They will tell you that the price won't be available next time you come in - never mind. This is a bad time for dealerships and they will do whatever they can to sell cars.
    8. Brad Benson is the third largest hyundai dealership in the country - that gives them more wiggle room to give you a good deal.

Regarding your other questions:
    - I got a 4-cyl... this is a family sedan, not a hot rod. The mpg difference is negligible, but the V6 costs about $2000 more.
    - DO NOT buy out of state. When you bring it in to NJ, you'll have to pay the sales tax difference anyway, plus you will have to go to the DMV yourself for titling and registration. If you get a new car, the dealer will take care of this for you.

Good luck!
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    So what was the price OTD? You get the rebate also?
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    I see this is your first post on this board.

Some who might want to check back on some prior posts will note from other posters that the Brad Benson dealership in NJ has less than a stellar reputation...they advertise so much (a large amount) off "sticker" price which is grossly inflated with dealer crap over the "MSRP".

But to each his own.

• postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    yep, most dealers will inflate MSRP to some or more degree. The right amount is one that you get from manufacturers website.
    I'm from CT. We bought our '07 Sonata in 2/07 from Towne Hyundia in Denville, NJ. We did not have to go through any of the BS you describe. Saw their internet price, called them and received an email confirming everything.

And, yes, we bought out of state (for us) and paid the appropriate CT sales tax. Towne Hyundai took care of all the paper work regarding title, registration, etc. Of course there was a fee for this, but that was spelled out ahead of time. The fee we paid for this probably included about $50 in addition to the actual title & registration fees, which included a temporary NJ registration until the CO, title and registration were processed by CT. So, in additon to the actual state fees, we paid about $50 extra for them to handle everything. The 50 bucks was nothing after saving about $3K compared to what local dealers wanted.

There was no "end of the month" BS, no "I've got to talk with the manager" BS, no game playing at all. It was a straight forward deal.

The price ws based on invoice "minus." The invoice was exactly as shown on Edmunds with no phony add-ons such as advertising. There was no ADM or regional adjustment.
    i wonder if a brother who lives 2000 miles away bought a 2007 sonata would qualify me for a 1500 family member rebate? if so, what documentation would i need to bring?

am looking at the exact same car-- limited with navigation, 4 cylinder. if i could get $6900 off, I'd buy today in ohio or detroit michigan area.
    I think the loyalty rebate needs to be for someone in the same household, but your local Hyundai dealer could verify that pretty quickly.
    Don' think so, it has to be an "immediate" family member staying with you, but it never hurts to ask your local dealer. To get the rebate, you'll need the DMV registration card for the 2007 sonata.

I initially wanted a 4 cyl limited WITHOUT nav, but the only car this dealer had was WITH nav. To get the car off their lot, I guess they gave away the nav for pennies... YMMV. Good luck!
    Yes, this is my first post on this board. It is also my first time buying a new vehicle.

The car is a 2009 Sonata Limited PZEV with Option Group 5 (nav system), floor mats, mudguards and sunroof wind deflector. Add those options here: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2009/hyundai/sonata/100983414/optionsresults.html?act- ion=2

and we get MSRP as $26,750. Adding 7% NJ sales tax and $200 for DMV documentation, we get $28,822. I paid $21,500 out the door. 28822 - 21500 = $7322 off sticker. (take out the mudguards etc and slash the DMV doc fees, and you get my original figure of $6900)

I did my homework and had some luck, and that's all there is to it.
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    If that's a V6, I'd say you got a good deal. A 4 banger, as Borat would say, "not so much".
    They would have gone down another $500, but I didn't want to haggle... got the price I wanted, and would take the same deal again.
    I don't get this... a car is an expense, not an investment... no sense getting hung up over the depreciation. There is a big difference in features between the 08 and 09 Sonata. Just two features - touchscreen + voice-activated entertainment system (nav / dvd / xm / fm / aux / ipod) and the aux + usb ipod interface make the 09 Sonata a compelling buy. But different strokes for different folks I guess.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A national business reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Hyundai because of the Assurance Program (or Assurance Program Plus). Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Friday, March 13, 2009.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pauliewalnutpauliewalnut Member Posts: 1
    just got back from a local dealer in charlotte and was offered 19750 for a 09 V6 limited sonata without nav.

does anyone know if the nav. can be hacked to play dvds while in drive?