Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• feifangongzifeifangongzi Member Posts: 11
    This was just my first quota. Thanks for your guys' replies. Is GLS model good enough for general people or I need a better model?
    I checked the truecar.com and the minimum price they showed is 16,654. Is it a OTD price?
    How did u find the price? I couldn't see.
  • ruthg3ruthg3 Member Posts: 20
    I'm in NJ but maybe this info can help you. The price of 18,500 is excellent; I went through zap.com then overstock (which I learned about on this blog!), got an area price of 19071 and was able to get it to 18,910 with with free oil changes, car washes and loaner cars. The residual is .60 for 12k/yr, .59 for 15k/yr (we're going for 15k). Paying MVfee 299, doc fee 229, tire fee 7.50 plus 1st mo upfront for $763.20 at signing. Our monthly will be $227.71 including tax.
    I'm in NJ but maybe this info can help you. The price of 18,500 is excellent; I went through zap.com then overstock (which I learned about on this blog!), got an area price of 19071 and was able to get it to 18,910 with with free oil changes, car washes and loaner cars. The residual is .60 for 12k/yr, .59 for 15k/yr (we're going for 15k). Paying MVfee 299, doc fee 229, tire fee 7.50 plus 1st mo upfront for $763.20 at signing. Our monthly will be $227.71 including tax.
  • kml337kml337 Member Posts: 5
    I have been quoted $21,500 for SE and 24,200 for Limited in the SE Philly area, Both price include onlu the mat, wheel lock and ipod cable, Are these prices reasonable?
  • boltguyboltguy Member Posts: 94
    You have to make sure you select the 2010 model year on the drop down menu. It shows the 2011 Sonata by default.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    edited April 2010
    Shows $17,082 as the target price for zip code 77028. Texas law state that only dealer can provide vehicle price so that site isn't much help to us in providing target price. Same vehicle in Atlanta shows $15482 as a target price. The quote you got isn't bad, may try to get closer to $16,000 if you can. .
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Is GLS model good enough for general people or I need a better model?

Your question should be: is the GLS model good enough for YOU (and your significant other)? :)

I have a 2007 GLS four-cylinder with the power seat package and it's plenty of car for my wife and me. But that's something you'll need to decide for yourself.
  • qthqth Member Posts: 25
    Sonata GLS has advertised at $17.9999K at Randall Noe Hyundai, Texas.
  • ej2010ej2010 Member Posts: 12
    I got an offer of 20900 OTD for 2011 Sonata GLS with Pep02 and carpeted floor in Chicago.
    Is it a good deal?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Can't really say considering we don't know the price of the car seperate from the taxes you're paying. When shopping I always ask for a price breakdown (car, taxes, and any fees the dealer wants to assess).
  • cantasticcantastic Member Posts: 2
    Giving back to the forum...

Purchased a 2011 Sonata GLS for 20,850 OTD w/ ipod cable and carpet in NorCal. They seem to be running out of SE and Limited models up here.
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Did you get the PEP2? Automatic or manual? Also, if possible, what dealership is this? I have got quotes on the 2011 in NorCal and this is a great OTD.
  • jac0bsdadjac0bsdad Member Posts: 34
    I paid $24,500.00 plus tax at Gray Epperson in Cleveland, TN... I feel like I got a pretty good deal since the price before taxes was only $25.00 over the invoice per Edmunds... No navigation on this one but I do have the iPod Cable... I recommend Gray Epperson Hyundai/Mazda if you are in the Chattanooga, TN area... BTW, the dealership staff told me that make their money on servicing all of the Mazdas they sell, especially the RX8 and 6 sedan... They told me they don't make as much servicing Hyundai vehicles because they have less problems... I hope so, since this is my first time buying a Hyundai product. I love the car so far and I am enjoying it... I hope y'all have a nice day... :)
  • abigmuttabigmutt Member Posts: 38
    Southern California prices? well I'm becoming a bit of an expert on prices here in S. Calif.
    Without going into all the details, I've gone through several "extra" experiences during my 3 month attempt to buy my 2011 Ltd w/nav, like bait-and-switches, etc.
    By the way, the info on Overstock's TruCar pricing on this one was all wrong.

Anyway, the lowest price at the moment for 2011 Ltd with Nav. is $26,228 and without Nav it is $24,120. You can see that even though dealers' price for Nav is less than $2K, the reason the Ltd without Nav is MORE than $2K cheaper is that Nav is in high demand here and there's lots more WITHOUT it than with it.
    These are ACTUAL prices at signing time rather than promised prices from dealers who even to this day are doing the bait and switch. (a few of them at least).

The price does vary a little according to color: simple supply-and-demand accounts for this.

I hope this helps you So. Cal buyers out there.
  • ipswichgregipswichgreg Member Posts: 15
    I live in MA. I received a few quotes on 2011 Ltd. One was $23,200 plus $300 doc fee, taxes, title, etc. Another dealer quoted $22,700 with same doc fee, tax title, etc. I decided to go for the Ltd with Nav, which was very hard to find. The price turned out to be $22,700 + $2,000 for Nav, and $245 for a few accessories (cargo mat, floor mats and trunk net), plus $300 doce fee for a total of $24,945 before TTL. No rebates involved and I took advantage of the 2.9% financing. I'll be picking it up this week. It was very easy to get competitive quotes and the dealer was a pleasure to work with.
    You got a great deal, ipswichgreg.

Never seen an LTD with Nav and mats, trunknet & mat, go for under 25 grand.

Has anyone else bought a FULLY loaded LTD for under 25 grand ???

and what's this recent thing of including trunk mat & net but NOT an iPod cable?
    edited April 2010
    "My Overstock price-matching dealer said that price included a military rebate"
    Yeah, well one of my Overstock/truecar pricematching dealers said the truecar pricing is off by $1000, because they price out the 2011s using the $1000 dealer holdback, which really only applies to 2010 models.
    So one of these certified, blah-blah guaranteed matching dealers would NOT sell me one of the 2011s he had in stock at the "promised" price.
    His price was $1000 over the stated amount.
    Makes the whole Overstock and TrueCar process pointless.

(dealer claimed he's been contacting Truecar and trying to get them to correct this problem, without success) Does anyone here believe that? Can anyone confirm that there is NO holdback to dealers for the 2011 Sonatas?
    Thanks.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited April 2010
    REF:6983
    I test drove a 2011 GLS at a local dealer in Cincy, OH today. Surprisingly, I was told there was unpublicized dealer cash on every Hyundai except the Genesis. Now that sites like truecar.com and edmunds.com provide so much data on pricing, many car co.'s have to resort to things like dealer cash to make it more difficult for the consumer. My experience with truecar.com last week is that they did not show the $1000 dealer cash on the 2010/2011 Sonata, but it seems they change their info a lot.
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    REF:6979
    I am in the final stage of my purchase process. Do you get two keys and two remotes? Does the Limited trunk have a keyhole like the GLS? Love that color but hard to find in GLS here in OH...Enjoy your new ride!
  • rhodiumrhodium Member Posts: 11
    Hi All,
    Last Tuesday brought home a 2011 Sonata Limited (With Nav and CF) in Black Plum with Camel Interior. My family really loved this car. This was prices at 24746 + TTL which came to 25693 OTD.
  • snamsnam Member Posts: 11
    Congratulations!
    Can you share your location and the dealership?
    I am in Southern California, but the best OTD I can find w/o NAV is 26500.
    Thanks.
    Finally I got a 16K OTD for 2010 base model (with Ipod connectivity). However I still did not buy this car since I feel the quality is not as good as my 09 Civic.
  • rhodiumrhodium Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    I bought it in Maryland and I live in Virginia. I went to 4 different dealers and 2 dealers asked 26800 OTD and I got one zag price of 24445 + TTL, but that dealer didn't have any of the color i asked for. This dealer had the car I wanted but paid 300 more.
  • sanfromvasanfromva Member Posts: 14
    Do you mind sharing which dealer you bought it from and breakdown of costs? I am getting quotes of $320-$340 for lease and $24,900+TTL+Proc fee for Limited with Nav. The color combo (black on black) I really want is almost impossible to find so I may have to settle for a different color.
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    I bought a black/black LTD w/nav for $25,750 from Ed Voyles near Atlanta. Anything under $25k is a great price.

FYI, their online inventory indicates that they have another black/black w/nav in stock. I have no idea if they would trade or not. Might be worth a trip down south for you. Their Internet guy, Lanny, is very helpful.
  • maratzmaratz Member Posts: 1
    Where: San Diego, CA
    What: 2011 Sonata GLS
    Color: Harbor Gray / Gray
    Options: Popular equipment, carpeted floor mats, ipod cable, wheel locks
    INV/MSRP: $21,145.00 / $21,800.00
    Incentives: NONE (not military, not Hyundai owner, not college grad, etc)
    Discount off invoice: $1200
    Cash price: $19,945.00
    OTD: 22072 + loan at 2.9%
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That doesn't sound like bad deal at all for the base model, was that for the manual or automatic? What dealership was offering that price OTD?
  • dfwhyundaidfwhyundai Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2010
    Beware of Dallas Hyundai. I purchased a 2011 Sonata there more than 2 weeks ago and still waiting for my plates. This morning I contacted Texas DMV and was told they did not even submit the paperwork.

I am going to alert Hyundai USA Customer Service in California right away. Anyone out there with dealership issue should let Hyundai know right away.
  • jac0bsdadjac0bsdad Member Posts: 34
    Good evening! Yes, I did get two keys and remotes... Yes, the Limited does have a keyhole for the trunk located on the left side underneath the top left of the trunk. Yes, I have received many accolades about the color and beauty of my new car... Two people thought it was a Lexus, one thought it was a Camry and another thought it was an Infiniti... I hope you enjoy your new ride as well and that you have many miles of safe and trouble free driving... :)
  • lkj921lkj921 Member Posts: 3
    If you don't mind, can you share the dealer shop you purcharse?
    I'm looking for the best dealer in MA
  • bongadibongadi Member Posts: 6
    I was quoted following by a north DFW dealer

1) Sonata 2010 GLS (auto) - $16650 --(OTD - $17800)
    2) Sonata 2011 GLS (auto) - $19600 -- (OTD - $21100)

Do these look like good prices ??

I have seen better deals but I am not able to locate the dealership and location. I can drive around up to 200+ miles if the deal is really good.
    2011 is worth the $3k difference. It is a much better car in every way. Is the $19600 including any options?

and if you are in DFW try Freeman Hyundai.
  • bongadibongadi Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your response. THanks for the tip about Freeman Hyundai
    This 2011 Sonata GLS is w/o any options - plain GLS base automatic model.

>>2011 is worth the $3k difference. It is a much better car in every way. Is the $19600 including any options?

In your opinion is Sonata 2010 GLS (auto) - $16650 --(OTD - $17800) - the best I can get in DFW.
    By using cars.overstock.com I did manage to get a Georgia dealer down to $16,300 + tax (no dealer doc fees or anything) on a Sonata auto with PEP2. If the 2010 you're talking about has the Popular Equipment package, and the dealer isn't charging ridiculous doc fees (no more than $100, in my opinion), I'd say its decent, probably a good deal.
    I am not sure since I never really shop for 2010 Sonata. But I believe previous posts indicated price around $16k or so. If you want to save money get a slightly used one.
    check craigslist.org or Cars.com
  • greatlakesjrgreatlakesjr Member Posts: 109
    Though not in your area, I just picked up a 2010 GLS Auto (no PEP) with Blue Tooth and Carpeted Mats for $16,045 - $17,355 OTD in South Bend, Indiana @ Gurley-Leep Hyundai. Great place to do business. There might be slightly better deals out there but I think Midwest area is a bit higher, we were focused on a specific color for exterior and interior and we wanted to get it over with. Love the car so far but have only driven 250 miles.
  • carspgcarspg Member Posts: 5
    The best number I've received on the SE (with floor mats and no other options) so far is $ 21,000 + TTL.

+ Doc Fee $154.38
    + Title & License $219.00
    + 7.25% Sales Tax $1,500

Comes to about $ 22,900 OTD.

I'm in the Chicagoland area. I'm targetted an OTD price of approximately $ 22,200 and looking to buy in the next couple of days.

Any tips?
    I'd go to zag.com and then overstock to get the best prices in your area by dealer. They are supposed to honor the price and it gives you some bargaining power going in. I just used it to lease a GLS and it took out alot of the hassle.
    BTW, I learned about the site on this blog.
    Good luck!
  • carspgcarspg Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the tip! I've already checked on ZAG. the best price on ZAG is $21,327 so my quote is already $ 300 lower than that.
    In MA, I purchased from Pride Hyundai in Lynn. Got a great deal and the sales guy was very friendly, helpful, and not pushy. I also got a very good quote from Village Hyundai in Danvers. One other dealer, who I forget, was way off the mark with their first quote. I just picked up my silver Ltd with black leather and nav. So far, so good.
  • digital_rebeldigital_rebel Member Posts: 16
    Hello everybody
    Can you tell me if $300/month with $1500 down ( $595 Assignment fee + $300 Registration + $299 Doc fee + 1st month payment ) for a Sonata SE w/ Nav + ECM w/Homelink & Compass + Mats & Net is a good price.
    Thank you.
  • akeiyakeiy Member Posts: 22
    I guess you can still get some hundred down
    Leasing?

If you're buying, never... EVER negotiate based on payment, but rather the purchase price of the car. We don't even know the length of the purchase/lease here.
  • digital_rebeldigital_rebel Member Posts: 16
    The lease is 15k/36months and the price was $24,264.
  • usfarbuo1usfarbuo1 Member Posts: 35
    If you don't mind me asking what did you pay, please. I'm here in Winchester, Ma. and my last two hyundais (wife purchased a 2010 Hyundai Accent-nice car for her)were purchased from Hyundai Village. I just like to do business with them and their service dept. is very good as well their prices have been fair and also they don't harass you. I've been working with them on a 2011 Hyundai Sonata and they quoted me (with nav).and black leather a price of 26,500. minus 500.(26,000. total) for Hyundai loyalty as I still have my 2006 Azera for a trade in. Problem is I love the 2010 Genesis and I've also been going back and forth with them on a price. Actually, on the Genesis the msrp is 37,300. and they quoted me 33,000 which seems like a great deal. The kicker is this month (April) Hyundai has a 1,500. rebate .on the 2010 Genesis for owner loyalty and get this the offer is only good in New York, Conn, and New Jersey-how weird is that. I know it to be true as I checked it out myself. I'm hoping they extend this offer to Mass. for the month of May. I haven't been to Pride but maybe I should do so. Appreciate whatever info. you can give me.
    Thank You.
    I purchased a silver '11 Ltd with black leather interior and nav. Additional accessories included floor mats, cargo mat and cargo net. MSRP was $28,360. I paid $24,945, plus $300 doc fee, and TTL. I did not have a trade and used the 2.9% financing.

I liked Hyundai Village. They offered $23,200 for a Ltd, w/o nav. Pride offered Ltd w/o nav for $22,700. I think the internet mgr priced it with a $500 loyalty rebate, which I did not have and did not represent that I had. However, Pride honored the price and didn't try to back out. Only problem was that they could not locate black ext w/ black int plus nav, which was my first choice. They found the silver w/ nav, which I also like very much. Hyundai Village did not have any Ltd w/ nav and did not offer to locate one. So, Pride turned out to be the best option for me and they provided great service during the purchase.

I would have liked to purchase from Hyundai Village because they are closer to me.
  • kristabell24kristabell24 Member Posts: 2
    carspg! where did you get that quote? Im also in the chicagoland area and am not getting same price quote for the SE. Their also telling me i have to order black. Please email ASAP Kristabell24@aol.com, so we can chat! Thanks!