Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1168169170171172174»

Comments

• civic2001civic2001 Member Posts: 30
    I recently bought a GLS with PEP, shimmering white exterior and bunch other stuffs came with the car (carpeted floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink, mud guards, and wheel locks) for $19000 before TTL and after rebate. It is in the San Jose, CA area.
  • hwlimhwlim Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I decided to buy Sonata Limited 2.4L with Navi, Shimmering white

MSRP.................................$30,180
    Internet Discount..................$4,000
    Adj. Sales Price...................$26,180
    8.5% Sales Tax...................$2,225.30
    Doc Fee..............................$150
    License Fee.........................$185 (Estimated RTA Zone)
    Hyundai Bonus Cash............$2,000
    Out The Door Cost..............$26,740.30

I live in King county, WA, which has a higher tax rate than other counties in WA. I have to drive for 1 hour to pick up this car. I found a better deal but I decide to take this deal since he actually has a car in his stock. I am a little reluctant to ask a dealer to deliver a car from another dealer.

What do you think about the deal?
  • ricovanianricovanian Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    Hyundai 2013 Sonata Gls w/ Pref Package - $19,500 plus tax (about $1700) and tags (about $300) - financing 1/2 at 1.9%-
    I wanted $19,000- but couldn't get it at that price - I could have save a couple of hundred dollars by going to another dealer, but I wanted to use my local guy and tie in the service department-
    however, dealer upgraded car to include spoiler (cool)- and carpeted mats and cargo net (don't care)-
    also free service and maintenance for a year.
    I drive about 20,000 miles a year so I hope the car holds up!!!!!

I am on Long Island NY
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2013
    The great thing about these Hyundai are the warranty. 5 yrs 100k right at your 5th year you could trade in or roll the dice and run it to the ground.

these cars aren't worth much down the road but they sure are making better vehicles than alot of other companies.

good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ellobo1ellobo1 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I was looking at the prices of these and at a dealership near me in Texas they have a
    ePrice of 23,492 which is 8000 off the MSRP. Almost sounds to good to be true. What is everyone elses experience?
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Member Posts: 7
    30095.00 was the invoice.

With a trade in of my beat up 2002 nissan maxima w/140k miles I was able to get it down to
    26400.00 OTT.

Title taxes etc are atleast 2200 (NJ) so for the car after trade in and rebates I paid about 24k.

Good deal?
  • jacob_kimjacob_kim Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I just bought a 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sdn Limited (no sunroof pkg) in SF bay area.

MSRP : $31,630

Dealer discount : $4,320

Selling price : $27,310

Hyundai Rebate : $2,000

Hyundai Loyalty(or competitive) Rebate : $1,000

Price paid : $24,310

+ tax and fee of ~$2,500

I'm happy overall with my new car and the price paid.... Frankly speaking, I wanted to buy a Camry Hybrid while I missed a good price and color I wanted. ;)

I could see a little bigger discount in the Capitol Hyundai in San Jose while they accept that price on a couple of models - probably display model for the end of month special.

Hope this would help someone in the market.
  • usfarbuo1usfarbuo1 Member Posts: 35
    Sounds good except for the $2,500. Fee-what's up with that?
  • jacob_kimjacob_kim Member Posts: 2
    I meant tax plus fees are $2,500 where the most part of it is use tax - 8.xx% of the purchase price in CA. The fees seemed to be reasonably charged - I was very careful not to be ripped off. ^.^
  • usfarbuo1usfarbuo1 Member Posts: 35
    to jacob kim:

i understand now. i live in massachusetts and we call it a sales tax which is 6.25% here on the purchase price. no matter what it is called it is a tax.
    good luck with the sonata. i have had two azeras one a 2006 and the current one is a 2011-no problems whatsoever. wife has an 2010 accent with no problems.

arthur
  • rjc5rjc5 Member Posts: 11

Hi,

What would be a good price for CPO 2011 Sonata GLS Auto Gray/Gray with 35000 miles. Also
    2011 CPO Blue/Beige with 19000 miles(6 speed manual). This is in the SFO Bay area. Base models. Thinking of getting one on the 2nd of JAN 14

Thanks for the help!!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

You might try asking that question in the Real World Trade-In Values discussion, here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/comment/4110047/#Comment_4110047

I realize that you are buying, not trading in, but someone can give you a good idea of the value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• repomannwprepomannwp Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2014

I tried to close a deal tonight (1/4/14) on a 2013 Sonata GLS, PEP, Sparkling Ruby paint, with the floor mats, fancy mirror, cargo net, and dealer installed window tint ($394). Numbers looked like this:

MSRP $23100

Invoice: $22,357

Truecar price: $20707 (before TTL, doc)

Discounts: -1500 rebate, plus $1650 from the dealer

Final Cost before TTL, Doc: $19207

OTD Cost: $21,600

This car has been sitting on the lot 6+ months, had a dead battery when we asked for a test drive, and they still wouldn't budge off this $21,600 figure, which was their first pitch to me. I asked for $19,500 and we just stalemated. This is a really useful forum, really helped me to know this deal was ok, but not a great deal and to walk away.

One last interesting thing, before I even saw an invoice, they wanted me to fill out a credit application. I told them I was already pre-approved at my bank, and they said they probably can't beat the credit unions APR... stupid me, I still filled it out when asked. In hindsight, that was a mistake, I should have insisted on getting an invoice first and working the price of the car before divulging anything about my personal finances. Live and learn.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Has anyone seen the 2015 Sonata. Seen some spy shots cant get a real clear look at the lines from the back. The newer remodel is not as sloped. I think that alone is a improvement in the looks dept..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• radar007radar007 Member Posts: 24

Is $19,000 + TTL good for a 2013 GLS with PEP? Can I do better?