Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nnnnnnnn Member Posts: 6
    I have seen advertisements in Google for a company / dealership called HondaCost.com. Has anyone had dealings with them? They claim to be the internet department of a dealership in Roanoke, Virginia; however, they did not give the name of the dealership.
  • looking4odylooking4ody Member Posts: 3
    Hi jjue,

I purchased an EXL from a D/FW area dealer via the internet;
    searched far and wide in TX. If you'd like the info, email
    me @ robert.m.cohen@navy.mil and I'll send give you the
    info.
  • jjuejjue Member Posts: 6
    Hi Robert,

Thanks a bunch!!! I'm writing you an email now.

-JJ
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The domain is registered to hyperdrivetech.com. Looks a bit like a screamer outfit, lol. At least the site's a bit hyper!

Steve, Host
  • hoxendinehoxendine Member Posts: 11
    Looking at a 2004 Ody and wanted to know if the standard lease for 259 per month is a good deal?

What is typically negotiable on a promotional offer like this?

Anyone with a good experience in Richmond Va lately?
  • roy2001roy2001 Member Posts: 62
    Hassle free and no negotiation required. Show them some proof (emails, handwrite prices), and I decided not to push too hard and left some profit for them. $25K is really good price for EX-L model.

My friends also got a good deal on Sienna LE with lowest priced package, and he paid $24.2k. For $800 more I got EX-L model with dual power slide door, alloy wheel, 4-wheel disc brake, traction control, power drivers seat, dual front heated seats, and more. The only few features I am missing is rear audio center, slide window on slide door, and 40/60 split rear foldable seats. But I think I got a good deal for the money.

Dealer is Autowest Honda in Roseville (North Sacramento). It has more choice than other dealers, many colors. Other dealers only have white/gold color.
    Scored one today. Thanks everybody for sharing your buying experience here. It helped a lot!
  • bogdanbogdan Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to buy an '04 Ody in the next month or two, but I've been waiting in the hope that the end-of-model year special discounts to kick in. Sure enough, I just saw the '04 Honda Clearance advertised on TV, but according the Honda website the best they offer on the Ody is a lease. No special financing or cashback of any sort. Nonetheless, it still seems many here on this forum are getting good deals on the Ody right now.

So maybe this is an ignorant question, but any ideas if the '04 Clearance will actually come up with better and/or different deals closer to the September timeframe? So in effect, should I buy now or wait a bit until September gets closer?
  • rxguyrxguy Member Posts: 13
    Thanks zeeman. I took these numbers and got the dealer down the street to match them.

David
    I hear that the '05's will hit the showrooms on September 22, and the end of the fiscal quarter is on September 30, so if there's any left in stock, the last week of September should be ripe for some killer deals.

Emphasis on "any left in stock."

Steve, Host
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Because I haven't heard an exact date.

Good advise on the "left in stock". The best buys are right now and not later but a lot of people think this isn't the case.

It's supply and demand like everything else. The real bargain hunters show up in late Septmeber only to find higher prices and a picked over inventory.
    I heard the date on our chat today - usual disclaimers :-)

Steve, Host
  • hoxendinehoxendine Member Posts: 11
    I went to the dealer yesterday, and the inventories are already getting thin. They simply do not have the EX-L with the RES.

You will probably find it very picked over in Sept.
  • dgoughdgough Member Posts: 8
    I'm thinking about putting a deposit down for a 2005 Honda. Anyone have any experience with Honda of Bowie? Or can recommend any other MD dealerships?

Thanks,

Dawn
  • rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    In the "prices paid" discussion, someone got a new '04 EX-L for $25,000 plus TTL. I cannot imagine it getting much better than that!!
  • kondalakondala Member Posts: 5
    Hi jjue

Can you pls let me know the details of your "Score". Even I am equally interested in an EXL in DFW area at a good deal.

thanks
    Kondala
    a_kondalrao@hotmail.com
    Hi there,

Mine is not as good as some of the sub-$25,000+TTL deals that you see here. I paid for my '04 Odyssey EX-L with some accessories (mud guard, wheel lock, cargo net...,etc.) for around $25,000 + TT&L. Extremely painless process. I sent out quote requests on Saturday. Got a few replies on Monday. Spent less than 10 minutes on the phone with the sales rep and got the deal done. And Rob helped me to figure out how much to ask too :)
  • bamatternbamattern Member Posts: 4
    I am in PA and I have been quoted a price of $25,622 for an EX-L. This includes destination. This is the invoice price less the $500 incentive that Honda gives the dealer. How can they go any lower than that? Some of you are saying you got deals at or below $25,000. Are you not including the destination charge or what? I'm hoping to buy an '04 EX-L in the next couple days. I'm just trying to get the best price between a few different dealers.
    Destination charge is included. The well-known secret is the 3% of MSRP dealer hold back. Depends on whom you talk to and how you negotiate with them. They can give up some of the dealer hold back to drive the price lower than $500 below invoice. I ended up with negotiating the drive out price directly. Because some dealers may inflate the "hidden fees" when you negotiate with them.
    Thanks for the tips! They've been very helpful.

As a result of the excellent point regarding low inventories as time passes, I've started requesting quotes for an EX-RES. The best I have so far is $24,750, including destination charge. I'll keep plugging away for a few more days to see if I can lower it.

Thanks again!
  • kondalakondala Member Posts: 5
    So was the final best dealer from McKinney. Could I have the sales rep's email id
    thanks
    Kondal
  • wolfensteinwolfenstein Member Posts: 11
    What is the documentation/processing fee for this dealer? This sounds like a pretty good price!
    I'm also looking for an EX-RES -- the best I can get is the CarsDirect price of $25,248 plus a $398 documentation fee ($25,646 + TTL). The destination fee is included in these quotes.
  • kylawyerkylawyer Member Posts: 5
    Got my EX-L last week in Louisville KY for 25122=ttl for a drive away of 26642.00. Thats 1k under quoted invoice. Seems like I did not get the best deal if some folks are getting 24750 + ttl. Got mine at Sam Swope Honda World, and I did not have to go out of state. Did the blast fax deal for dealers within 100 miles, but no one else around would touch 1k under invoice.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Don't outsmart yourself here in your quest for a lower price. These have all but disappeared. We are the largest Honda dealer in the state and I think we have one or two left of that model.
  • elainemelainem Member Posts: 7
    need information on best price for honda exl by 7/23 live in ny nj area have price $26000 sounds too high. please help
  • AMcDanAMcDan Member Posts: 4
    Not sure that it was a spectacular deal, and I'm halfway afraid to scan back through the messages and find out it wasn't, but here was the damage:

2004 Odyssey LX
    $22,400 (~$125 below invoice)
    Mudguards thrown in for no charge
    Waived title fee, only added $1.25 wheel tax and sales tax.
    Out the door price: $23,745.25

Obtained 3 quotes from local dealerships and worked down from there. Two agreed to that price and chose based on color - the Sage Brush Pearl.
    need best price under $26000 for honda exl w/nav
  • dealmadedealmade Member Posts: 5
    If the 25,622 price includes doc. fees, I'd say it's a good deal. Inventory is only going to get thinner. Get the dealer to throw in mudguards and wheel locks to sweeten the deal. We paid 25,599 with locks and mudguards (plus ttl)back on memorial day for an EX-L in CT. Very happy with van. Good luck.
  • bamatternbamattern Member Posts: 4
    Going to pick up the EX-L tonight. Got the one dealer down to $24,948 including destination. They are also taking the old rearview mirror off and putting a self-dimmer on that has a digital compass and thermometer on it. I told him I would give him $25,200 total if they put that on for me. I wanted to make sure they made a couple hundred bucks:-) We thought about the EX-L with DVD, but decided to eventually get a mobile DVD player so we can take it out of the van if we want. Good luck to anyone else buying an '04. Hope you get a deal similar to mine or better.
  • essjay1essjay1 Member Posts: 1
    If don't mind, can you let us know what dealer you purchased it from and how your overall experience was?

Thanks.
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    Folks, you should be able to do better than me. I purchased my EX-RES around the end of May and since it's been past two months the current price should be much lower than what I paid. As time passes, the price should be coming down.

I got EX-RES including free mud guards and wheel locks for $24,300 + TTL + $299 (doc fees). The $24,300 includes the dest. fees. I'm located in NC.
    I live in the ny nj area. Did anyone get a better deal than $26000 for exl w/nav? Plan to buy one 7/23.
  • wolfensteinwolfenstein Member Posts: 11
    Daddy,

Could you tell me how you got such a good deal in NC? I live in the triangle area too -- and I ain't finding any good EX-RES deals here. I've made my email public, so you can send me some detailed info, if you like. I'd certainly be willing to travel to Charlotte.
    Compare to shopping for a '04 Sienna, buying a '04 Honda Odyssey is a much more pleasant experience. Sent out my quote requests on Saturday afternoon. Received quotes from several Honda dealers within 24 hrs. All of them offered me $500 below invoice without negotiations except for one (Lute Riley, Honda of McKinney, Bankston, John Eagle, David McDavid, Rusty Wallis. Go figure which one gave the highest quote...). McKinney and David McDavid are both great. Very responsive and nice sales reps. No tricks nor hidden fees. I finally bought it from David McDavid because they offered me with lower price. Total negotiation time was less than 10 minutes.

If you need to know the sale rep's name. E-mail me: jason.jue@verizon.net. That may save you even more time and effort.
    Let's see... the fees were as follows:

Documentation: $118
    Registration/Title: $124

My price actually came to $24,775 for a silver EX-RES, including destination charge. So adding tax plus the two numbers above amounts to an out the door price of $26,503. It's a pretty good price, considering the demand for these models right now. Perhaps it's not as nice a price as some of the bargains found by other people earlier in the year, but ok in my book.

I live in northern NJ and supplies are getting pretty scarce here as well. My wife wanted the silver color, which seems to be one of the most popular so we have to wait about a week and a half for delivery. All three silver EX-RES models the dealer is receiving next week are now taken: we were #3. The sales rep said Honda is going to build our van in a few days and they should have it in by the first week of August.

Very nice people... I used the CarsDirect price as a reference point and I got a quote through Edmunds' service from a few other dealers as well. After speaking to the manager, the internet sales rep undercut his own initial e-mail offer ($25,125) and got me the $24,775 price.
  • jch05jch05 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to thank everyone who has posted here - It has been valuable. I bought an EX-L RES, inc. dest., for $26,400+TTL last week in the greater Chicago area. I am from the Minneapolis area and it was worth the 5 hour drive compared to MN pricing. I got the color I wanted (silver) at a pretty good price - probably could have gone a little lower. The process was pretty easy overall - just sent out emails to 10-12 dealers. After their initial quote, I named my price and said I couldn't go higher. Heard back from 3 of them and went with the one that could get me my color the soonest. The only negative - salesman/internet manager. He told me I was getting too good of a deal since I wouldn't be servicing the vehicle with their dealership. Whatever.
  • appuappu Member Posts: 27
    Did you get a better deal then 26K on ex-l with navi? Please share the details. I am planning to buy one.
    We picked up car 7/23 and paid $26,200 cash. If financing, could cost $200 less but you have to keep loan at leat 4 months so interest would eat up savings. We also bought Honda care 100,000 7 year extended warrantee for $1000. The dealer wanted $1500 so it paid to know what the bottom line was. Good luck.
  • strobystroby Member Posts: 1
    Here are the numbers my guy is offering for an EX-RES: $25548.

I've seen something around $24700 in the prior posts. Should I try to get him lower?
  • massmanmassman Member Posts: 21
    My wife was leaning towards the pilot because we really need a third seat but I am trying hard to persuade her to go with odyssey do to ease of adults getting to third row. Also really do not want to buy 2004 pilot would wait for 2005 BUT now looking hard at 2004 odyssey but also considering waiting for 2005. Any thoughts...is it better to save $2000-2500 on 04 or pay more for new and improved 05 thanks in advance for info!!
  • doitritedoitrite Member Posts: 2
    Simple question, " What is RES?" as in EX RES.
  • berea1berea1 Member Posts: 9
    RES stands for rear entertainment system. Honda has made some special Odysseys' where the RES is included as a value special for little or no additional price. The best price I can obtain in Middleburg Heights, OH for one is $ 25,448. The L stands for Leather. So, the EX-RES is for the "value" Odyssey with cloth seats.
    Hope that helps.
  • wifeoncasewifeoncase Member Posts: 2
    First post. Carsdirect has given me the best with 25,872 (incl. $490 dest) but they want $499 for doc fees for a pre-tax walk out around $26,500. Dude from CD.com claims that's "normal" for FL, an unregulated doc state. Will CD.com budge at all? Seems like an easy way to dodge all the BS, but not if they tack on stupid stuff like this. Or should I just take their price and go to a couple of dealers and play the game?
    Welcome to Town Hall.

$499 is nuts for a documentation fee :-)

But if the out the door price works, focus on it (maybe with some free accessory thrown in?) and don't worry too much about the line items.

Steve, Host
  • wifeoncasewifeoncase Member Posts: 2
    I figured as much. so a) Can I work that 499 with CD.com? and b) if I disregard that and ask for some throw-ins, what kind of extras are good to have on an '04 Odyssey? I think I've heard wheel locks on here? Anything else good to help recoup that 500?

Also, if anyone has bought with CD.com or similar method, is the promised "30 minutes at the dealer" for real? And is it hassle-free as well.
  • anthonysbmwanthonysbmw Member Posts: 13
    My3boys,

Please email the sales man's name and phone number at Northwest. I am ready to buy an EX-L RES.

Thanks
  • genetageneta Member Posts: 23
    Folks,

On the short lived "Warranty" message board, a question was asked about a Honda warranty. First of all, you don't need to buy the warranty until the last month of your current warranty -- just hold on to your money.

However I do have a good source, in the Washington, DC area a local consumer magazine, Washington Consumer's Checkbook (www.checkbook.org) lists on page 95 of the fall 2003/winter 2004 issue a listing of dealerships for the best prices for a variety of auto manufactures.

Checkbook's staff got the dealerships to agree to a modest markup (Honda is only $100 over cost). For Honda you need to contact Grand Honda in Elmhurst, IL. Regardless of where you live, you can call the dealership and arrange by phone or by mail to purchase the service contract. When you call (ask for finance manager), explain that you want the markup the dealer committed to for listing with "Consumers' Checkbook." If you don't subscribe to Checkbook, please send them a donation by hitting checkbook's site for saving you some $$$. Hope you find this helpful!
  • mommom Member Posts: 6
    I have been hoping someone would talk about prices paid for a new 2003 ody. The salesman said a new car is a new car. Since this dealership has many 2003 and 2004 Ody's in stock, shouldn't I be able to get a better deal on a 2003? Any thoughts would be appreciated. First time writer.
  • quark255quark255 Member Posts: 3
    Someone brought this up before and if I recall the response was that the dealer should not have any 2003's left. That was a time when Odyssey's commanded good prices ans should have sold themselves, as opposed to selling "below invoice" now. You might want to investigate further.
  • mommom Member Posts: 6
    The dealer according to his inventory posted on the website has 20 2003's. Seems like alot of inventory.