Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pickups Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    Your absolutely right, I brought action against Nissan through BBB arbitration. I actually had to tow the vehicle to the hearing, because the computer failed for the 4th time just the night before the hearing, so the vehicle wasn't even in drivable condition. I presented a 20 minute case, and then Nissan conceded just prior to presenting their defense and settled on my terms. I am just awaiting the final arrangements, and will surrender the vehicle in a few weeks.
    But I allowed Nissan, twice the amount of repairs then required by my states law. And, thank god my state offered a lemon law, since not all US states do. The more patience I showed the more Nissan seemed to try to take advantage of it and never addressed the real underlining issues. In fact to get the repair done correctly it would take multiple trips, i,e. when I got the computer (Body Control Module) replaced, it would take another trip to get everything reprogrammed right. Also Nissan would only repair/replace failed parts and not failing parts so the computer would have to completely fault and not just be faulting on occasion, or the transmission had to completely fail versus just slipping on occassion, and same with the brakes and other components. This put me needlessly at risk. It also left me stranded on two occasion, when I had told Nissan the computer was faulting and my instrument cluster would loss power, and I was unable to get the vehicle into park from drive, and remove the key from the ignition. Nissan had the vehicle for 3 days, and returned it to me "unable to replicate fault." I'm not even sure they really looked at the vehicle. Nissan was also in strict violation of federal law when they stopped honoring a written warranty but more importantly it puts my life needlessly in danger. Also, the further I got down the warranty period, the less compliant Nissan seemed of the warranty terms.
    Yes, in the end Nissan and I settled the matter through BBB arbitration. I will get reimbursed for my out-of-pocket expenses on the brake repair and the cost of the vehicle. Nissan has been slow to act on the binding agreement but I can't blame them, I wouldn't want to buy this truck either. After the buy-back, Nissan and I will part ways, and I will never buy another Nissan vehicle, even though that was my fourth Nissan vehicle.
    I would say, or at least hope, that I was an extreme case. Nissan North America does seperate themselves by stating "our dealerships are individually franchised and owned." Which is probably why there are polarizing experiences. But then I also called Nissan directly and they took no action. So that defense never really sat well with me. It was just an arguement to try to distance themseles from a problem.
    I have friends who own Nissan Titans, and they are happy. They had base models were I has the LE 4x4. So I guess you become and good customer by luck of the draw, if you start developing excessive problems your dealership can turn on you quickly. I guess in the end the dealershipd try everything they can to prevent future losses, but when your talking vehicle defects there are also lives on the line. Properly fixing a vehicle for the long term versus minimizing losses really defines a company in my book. In the case of the Nissan brake defect, I think Nissan provided 36 month/36,000 mile solutions versus 10 year/120,000 mile solutions.
  • rengawrengaw Member Posts: 22
    Good for you, razorthunder, glad you took Nissan to task for their shoddy and irresponsible treatment of your problems. What a shame a company has to act like that. Had they treated you well, you may have bought another Nissan from them. Now they have lost another customer for life.
    I recently read elsewhere that many Titan owners who experienced differential failures were having a terrible time trying to get a proper fix to their problems. They even were at the Nissan factories trying to find out what Nissan was going to do about the problem and no one would give them a suitable response. Seems Nissan on the brakes and differentials did temporary fixes hoping to get the vehicles out of warranty, in some cases. Do you think that your dealer was to blame and/or was incompetent? Or do you put most of the blame on Nissan themselves? What vehicle do you plan to buy now that Nissan has settled with you? I feel for you. There is nothing worse than to pay good money for a truck you really like and have all those problems come at you. Hope you have a good experience with your next vehicle, you deserve it.
  • roaddog50roaddog50 Member Posts: 2
    down under your dash where your blower motor is a small hose that connects to you blower motor. That hose is for condensation from the blower. sometimes it get stopped up. It is the drain hose for the A.C. It runs through the firewall
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Although I think you've been a little too repetitive in the forums, I must also say that I can understand your frustration and truly sorry to learn of your bad experiences. There are some that are really annoyed with you, but I think many of these people are in serious denial. I would bet that if the Titans problems were found on a Dodge, a Ford, or a Chevy they would be proclaiming the evils of those nameplates all day long.

I owned a Sentra for ten full years and it was the best car I've ever owned. When I was in the market for a pickup, the Frontier was the first one I looked at. Unfortunately it would not have met my requirements. My daughter is now on her third Nissan Altima and she's been pleased.

Unfortunately I know people that have had numerous problems with their Titans and I'm hearing bad things about other Nissan models as well. My neighbor has a new Altima and is having quite a problem getting things resolved by the dealer. She's near arbitration as we speak. I'm very disappointed in things I'm hearing about Nissan.

Anyway, I hope your new ride is much better and you have a much better experience.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • gdantzlergdantzler Member Posts: 3
    The dealer has had my truck for 31 days and now says he cannot get the electronic module to correct my dash board instrument failure.

Can anyone help me find the boards and I will do it myself. I am an electronic technician

thanks
  • adriciuadriciu Member Posts: 4
    Initially I thought I will be a singular voice complaining about the Nissan customer service. Unfortunately seems likes there is a pattern with this company. I have a Titan I bought in 2004. Of course, almost from the beginning I started having problems with the brakes, so in the end the truck was at the dealership three times, until I pass 12000 miles. After another 5000 miles the problem reoccurred, however, because of the distance to the nearest dealership I wasn’t able to take the car in for repairs (the service department requires one diagnostic visit, followed by the actual repair visit, during which a loaner car is not provided). Because the shaking became very annoying, last Friday (06.15.2007) I took the car finally to the service department of Nissan of Clovis dealership (where the car was for repairs before). There I was told that the car will not be repaired because is out of warranty for the brakes, and the extended warranty does not cover the pads. This was told to me despite the fact that the initial problem was never resolved. However the most embarrassing moment for the management of this dealership was the attitude of the service manager, who, during our conversation in his office, went on to tell me to shut up and listen to him. Also, when I asked to have the car brought back to me (the car was moved by the repair/service personnel) he told me to go take it from where I left it. Furthermore, when I said I’ll leave to go to the general manager, he started to tell that I cannot leave until he lets me do it.
    Because the General Manager wasn’t there I sent him a certified letter explaining what happened, and hoping at least for an answer that they received the letter. Didn’t happen. So now I plan of complaining with NTHS and maybe BBB
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    NTHS?

What is NTHS?
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    I'm sure he meant NHTSA.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • gf2020gf2020 Member Posts: 49
    Thought I would chime in with my experience. I have a 2004 Titan SE crew cab 4X4 that I purchased new in May 2005.

After 25 months and 35,000 miles of ownership I have nothing bad to say. My truck did develop the brake judder issues, as expected, and the warranty repair was performed at 17,000 miles.

It's been in the shop for a couple of recall items and I just received a notice for a recall on the rear center seat belt so I'll get it back in the shop for that, but other than that - no problems. I even got 30,000 miles out of the original Goodyear Wrangler tires before replacing them!

I've loaned the truck to a few friends for weekend errands and to my brother-in-law for a month when he was without a car, and everyone comes back grinning from ear to ear from the great power and comfortable ride.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    you can file it online. They will usually respond within 7 working days.
  • razorthunderrazorthunder Member Posts: 98
    I experienced the same. If you do choose to take it to the BBB, I can send you some example packets, as I have taken on Nissan twice; with two successful buy-backs. I can tell you Nissan won't act until you choose to go the BBB process, or other legal routes, then they will do everything to prevent buyback. These people that state that they would buy another Nissan, haven't experienced a problem vehicle, and had to deal with the 'true' Nissan experience. I will also tell you that the BBB is a very fair, professional organization, and truly saw right through the lies, and deception, and quickly enforced the ruling. Also unlike Nissan, the BBB is sincerely concerned about consumer safety. The process took less then 60 days, and got me out of my nightmare Nissan vehicles (2004 Quest/2004 Titan). Good luck.
  • jonazpelljonazpell Member Posts: 2
  • jonazpelljonazpell Member Posts: 2
    I have a 04 frontier desert runner. Last week on a 250 mile trip I noticed a knocking noise like metal on metal underneath my hood. It now tends to come and go periodically, usually at higher speeds. I also have a squeaking noise coming from my suspension when I go over dips or humps in the road. Does anybody know what these problems might be?
  • sshriner1sshriner1 Member Posts: 1
    My 95 Nissan V6 just started blowing the meter fuse every time I turn her over. This is a problem as I use the truck on my farm to haul fertilizer and so am starting and stopping all day long. I have to fix this problem as I don't think there's enough fuses on the island (Big Island of Hawaii) to get me through the week.

When I start the truck the AC is off and it's in 2WD.

As there is a scarcity of mechanics in this area, I'm hoping someone can give me troubleshooting advice so I can DIY it. Where do I start?

Aloha and Mahalo! Suzanne
  • jw54jw54 Member Posts: 1
    I have driven one for 5 years. Used it for occasional hauling and drive 50 miles a day on highway. The only problems I have had is check engine light that shows egr flow problem but after repacing all necessary components and cleaning out ports it still come on about every 500 miles. Also don't think the 4 cyl will save gas the best mileage I've gotten has been 24 mpg and is usaully around 19-20 I'ts been a good vehicle
  • pablopepablope Member Posts: 10
    You are not the only one. I have a bad experience with my 2001 Frontier. At 50,000 miles, the AC had problems every two weeks. I complained to Nissan to no avail. How could the AC fail on a truck with 50,000 miles and only 5 years old? At 83,000 miles, the catalytic converter (left side) failed too. Warranty on this is 80,000 miles. Not only this, some malfunction indicator lights also light on the dash. So my solution, I have had enough of nissans and I sold the truck and bought me a tacoma. I had experience with another Toyota and at 135,000 miles, the truck had no major problems line the Nissan and still runs great. Toyota even extended the warranty on the engine because of complaints of engine gunk. Did Nissan ever do anything like this? Like extend the warranty on the AC!!! No, nothing. So I would say, get rid of the your vehicle this early. It is not a keeper.
  • driver56driver56 Member Posts: 408
    Sounds like a complete reverse of my situation. I dumped my Toy and picked up an 07 Frontier. Great truck! My Toyota was fine until the warranty ran out, then bango! Brakes, electrical system, gunk, hardware, etc, etc. I may never buy a Toyota again. Good luck with yours though.
  • fossilfinder66fossilfinder66 Member Posts: 2
    There are unwritten rules in life such as never lend money to a friend or relative. Another is avoid a new Windows operating system because you become the beta tester. For automobiles, never purchase a totally new or redesigned vehicle the first 2 years it comes out, no matter how snazzy or beautiful it looks. Examples:
    Corvair: handling and belt problems
    GM in 1980's: diesel engine disaster
    Vega: engine warpage and fender rust through
    Delorean: numerous problems
    Yugo: need I say more?
    Ford Pinto: exploding gas tank

I'm sure many more examples are out there. The unfortunate truth is that vehicles are complex manufactured items designed to a certain standard and cost. Be smart or be a beta tester. I just bought a new 2007 Nissan Frontier and it is in its third year of production. I'm hoping all the "bugs" and fixes are all worked out.
  • mommamadsenmommamadsen Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had problems with their clutch going out early? The service dept. says they have had four of them come in with the clutch out under 20,000 miles. I've always had standard transmissions, and never had a clutch go out before 125,000 miles. The service department insists the problem is mine and not covered by warranty. Any thoughts?
  • asaasa Member Posts: 359
    I have only 9500 Miles on my '06 6-Speed and it shifts beautifully with no hint of clutch wear. I think I've read a few stories on forums, but they're usually attributable to smoking the clutch on wet boat ramps, tall offroad obstacles and new drivers not used to shifting. Time will tell with mine. I don't tow anything; mostly use mine for firewood, landscaping materials, plywood/lumber, furniture and family trips, so it's mot exposed to anything extreme. Best of luck with yours. Maybe you can negotiate some sort of a price break to ease the pain.
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    I am often in Canada where DRLs are required. I know Canadian models have DRLs standard. Does anyone know how (if?) a US model could be adapted to DRL, or if it is even possible without a ton of money being spent
  • mistermerlotmistermerlot Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks! Just joined here and I own a 1995 Nissan 4WD 4 cyl. p/u which is experiencing the same "earthquake syndrome" posted earlier. I just tuned mine up and I guess I need to spend the extra bucks for "genuine Nissan" plugs and wires. Oh, great! I'll do that and hope it goes away. By the way, if the one writer still can't find his fuel filter, mine happened to be WAY UP on the passenger side of my engine in never-never land! Just the right spot to cause me to twist my arm in 18 different directions and cover me with gasoline! :mad:
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi all! has anyone had experience in replacing tran. oil in an 05 frontier? do i have to replace the filter as well? please share. How come nissan put a nut on a dipstick? No one is able to check for oil level unless one has to unscrew the nut. Thank you!
  • tporter2tporter2 Member Posts: 1
    The solenoid is staying engaged. Replaced starter as I thought the solenoid was bad. I still have the same result. At the time of purchase of the starter I also purchased a starter relay. The one I was given does not match anything on my truck. It is a large blue relay with a place for 2 separate connectors. After doing a site search, it looks like it may be a start/inhibit relay. My truck is a Smyrna built truck with an automatic transmission, so I think this relay must be for a standard trans equipped truck. My question is, can the relay stick and cause the run on problem? And where is the relay located for this truck? Thanks in advance.
  • rcourtnarcourtna Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I know you posted this 2 years ago, but I'm hoping you'll come back and share what you ended up doing to get DRL on your Frontier. I've just received my '06 Frontier and am faced with the same issue in order to pass the federal inspection.

Thanks!
  • garyinfantegaryinfante Member Posts: 6
    I just was told today (while getting my oil changed) that the transmission is a selaed system and that any attempts to removed the "nut" and unseal the system voids your warranty.

I would contact your Nissan dealer to discuss thsi further but this is what an apparent seasoned mechanic told me today.
  • garyinfantegaryinfante Member Posts: 6
    I have owned the vehicle in the title since it was new and now have about 18,500 miles on it.

I am generally happy with the vehicle experiencing 17-19 MPG fuel economy, plenty of get up and go, nice stereo, very nice interior styling.

What I am not so happy about is that it recently has started to behave as though it is much older than it is. It has lots of squeaks and other annoying noises. The most annoying item is that when you are at a stop light and are idling (but it it is in drive) it makes so much noise and rumbles so much that something really seems amiss. This behavior is not displayed every time you come to a stop but perhaps 10-20 percent of the time.

I plan to take it to a dealer as it is still well within the warranty period but before I do, was wondering if others have had any similar experiences and have any advice or information to add to the discussion.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Does your engine idle speed vary and dip down below 800 when you notice the noisy rumble? Perhaps your throttle body is dirtied up, thus impeding a steady idle. Could be a tempermental injector too. If it's thrown a code, the dealer will pick it up.

I've not had this issue, but I have only 10,500 Miles on mine.
    I just was told today (while getting my oil changed) that the transmission is a selaed system and that any attempts to removed the "nut" and unseal the system voids your warranty. ...

I own the 6-Speed stick, so can't directly address this question, but I asked a knowledgable friend who owns the auto and he suggested that It's not sealed with a painted nut or in a way that Nissan would know if it were checked; he's checked his. It's easy to remove to bolt using a 10mm socket. The only way to void the warranty is to use the improper ATF -- be certain you use only what's recommended in your manual. The owner's manual states to have the fluid checked or replaced by the Nissan dealer but doesn't state any warranty issues if the owner checks it. You cannot cause any harm by merely checking the fluid unless you allow dirt or other contamination to enter the dipstick tube. The factory service manual is very specific on the point that only a lint-free rag is used to wipe the auto tranny dipstick and that it's fully inserted.

I think Nissan's main concern is that an owner doesn't contaminate the system and that the correct fluid is used. Hope this helps.
  • vtdogvtdog Member Posts: 163
    It was about 2 monts ago, not 2 years.

Short answer is no resolution to the question.

I went to my local dealer-they had no answer; I emailed Nissan cust service and got no response; I emailed a Canadian dealer and was told "maybe", but it would require a re-wire plus a plug-in module. So, it appears that even if it is possible, it would be expensive. My solution is to just turn on the lights when I cross the border.
  • wvtasselwvtassel Member Posts: 1
    I brought a US Frontier to Canada. I just went out and bought an after market daytime running light kit (from ebay I think), and put it in. The kit wasn't too expensive -- maybe $45 US (I don't really remember) It's not too difficult to put in, or else a shop could do it for you -- any place that installs those auto start kits would be able to do it.

As for just turning your lights on, it ain't gonna work. It's not the crossing the border that's a problem, it's getting the vehicle registered and licenced in Canada that's the issue. (If all you are doing is driving about up here, don't worry about it, there's no law that says you have to have DRL to operate a vehicle here, just to licence it.) The vehicle has to pass a federal and provincial inspection to get licenced. The feds check for DRL. As far as I know, any kit works. They just check to see that the headlights are on when the ignition is on.
  • dteachmhdteachmh Member Posts: 1
    I've had this problem intermittently for about 4 months. You get in, press the brake pedal, and the shifter just doesn't move. Brought it to the dealer and he said "you must have just gotten something in it, it just needs a good cleaning out". Yeah, right. That didn't work, brought it back again and he said I need a whole new shifter assembly to the tune of $550. I just have this strange feeling it's like a $20 part and I don't need a whole new shift assembly. I've read about the ASCD brake switch. Could that be it and if so, how do I go about replacing. Cruise control seems to work fine and the three brake lights all come on when brake is depressed. Any help would be appreciated.
  • chatter3365chatter3365 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! Where are the spark plugs on a 2000 frontier. 4 cylinder. :confuse:
  • hagardreamshagardreams Member Posts: 3
    I have a 90 nissan pickup. It was missing really bad, and we changed the spark plugs and wires. It is running some smoother, but it is still idleing rough.

Any suggestions where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Julie
  • tholthol Member Posts: 5
    There are some salt deposits and corrosion around the battery of my ’98 Nissan Frontier 4WD. I sparyed the area with a solution of baking soda and rinsed well. I assume that the battery is deteriorating so I will soon change it.

But just to be sure I did not have an overvoltage problem I measured the voltage at the battery posts:
    Engine off: 13.1 V (OK)
    Engine idling: 14.90V
    Engine at 1500rpm: 14.92V

Are the 14.90 and 14.92V readings too high?

My shop manual says on pg. EL-30 (Trouble Diagnoses) that battery voltage at 1500rpm should be less than 15.5V which it is. However on page EL-32 the specifications say that regulated output voltage is 14.1 to 14.7V. I’m at 14.9. Is that a problem? Of course I used a cheap digital voltmeter but my experience has been that they are nonetheless fairly accurate.

The charge warning light does not indicate any malfunction. I read in the manual (pg EL-30) that the light is designed to detect overvoltage and will light up (which it does not).

Any suggestions on the 14.9V readings possibly being too high?
  • wlacroixwlacroix Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I have a 1998 Nissan Frontier and lately the instrumentaion works intermittenly, and when the ignition is turned off the, the temp gauge goes hot/cold and the speedometer reads 99999999 and stays lit up. This is also causing a power draw. Could this be a computer problem or a short. You help is appreciated.
  • upsetmommyupsetmommy Member Posts: 1
    We bought the above vehicle for our 16 year old son for Christmas (I can already hear the criticism).
    He backed into a concrete light pole at the local Kroger. The pole has a few flecks of black paint on it.
    Nationwide insurance has totaled it due to the extent of damage to the frame (the cab was fine).
    The adjustor is questioning why the damage is so severe b/c it doesn't appear that there was room for him to get the car up to enough speed to do the damage that it did! He was driving in reverse showing off his lousy turning radius. The damage is stunning. Most of you are guys. How was this possilbe? Does Nissan have some structure integrity issues or did my son do something incredibly stupid and flukey?
  • moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    If he is, the Nissan did it's job engineering the structure of the truck.
    Frontier is SOLID. Nissan went above and beyond what is required and needed when they engineered the 2005 Frontier. The frame is fully boxed and based off of the frame used in the Titan full sized truck.

Does Nissan have structural integrity issues? No. Vehicles are designed to "total" the vehicle, not the humans when they are crashed.

Critcism won't change a decision already made.

All I can say is that I had to earn every penny used to purchase my vehicles and every penny to insure them and it is my belief that doing so improved my values, however, if someone would have given me a new vehicle when I was 16 I certainly would have been happy to drive it.
    Gotta agree with moparbad on the structural integrity of the new Gen Frontiers. Crawl under one and you'll see a very stout frame; it is indeed borrowed from Titan's specifications. If the frame was severely bent, something more than a light pole could also have truck paint on it. ;)
    Yo mommy, returning for an answer? Bottom line what you describe is impossible with either the Frontier or the Titan. Backing up into a pole will not cause the truck to be totaled unless of course the pole fell on the truck. Somethings fishy here and its not with the truck. :shades:
  • 4primadonna4primadonna Member Posts: 15
    Could someone tell me what's wrong or causing the 1995 Nissan Pick up to overheat when the water pump and thermostat are newly replaced? At first, we thought, the parts were defective so we exchanged with a new one, but still after driven today, it still leaking/overheating. Pls. advise. Thanks.
    How old is the radiator? When was it last flushed?
    Thanks for responding. My husband figured out it's the radiator so we're replacing it with a new one and hopefully the problem solved. Do appreciate your quick respond to my e-mail. God Bless you and your family. Thanks a lot again. Take care.
    Hubby just replaced new radiator/water pump/thermostat on his Nissan P/up and yet it's still giving him problem. Sometimes, thermostat not working right, and water is overflowing/leaking over the radiator. Took at the auto repair and mechanic didn't find anything wrong-Is there anything else that he should be checking or replacing parts that he's not aware of? P/U is really in good condition body/engine looks very clean but it's been acting up lately. Need advise from someone out there who really knows and expert on the maintenance and repair on Nissan P/Ups. Do appreciate the advise or ideas. Thank you.
    While he replaced the radiator, water pump, and thermostat he did not appear to backflush the engine to rid it of any contaminants or BLOCKAGES. If he has the equipement fine, if not take it to a radiator shop and have it backflushed with a water gun pressurized by an air compressor.
  • stavnerstavner Member Posts: 1
    Where is the key release button located on the 1995 Nissan pickup truck? The manual says I have one, but it doesn't show where it is.
    The regular key button is located next to the key. If you're talking about the overide button in case the ignition doesn't release your key it is located in the steering column.
  • warneywarney Member Posts: 10
    1996 Nissan King Cab XE 2.4L, manual transmission, 2wd, manufactured 6-96, 155,000 miles. Check engine light came on, went to Autozone and they plugged in the code reader which came up PO136, Oxygen Sensor 2, bank 1. Didn't have the sensor in stock so the error was reset and all good for a few days. Check engine light comes on again so back to Autozone, the fellow plugs in the code reader again and gets PO135, Oxygen sensor 1 bank 1, and some purge control valve error code, I forget the number. I am thinking something is not making a good connection for this thing to be giving all the error codes, called a trusted mechanic and he said to "check the fuse" which I will do. Oddly, PO136 didn't come up this time. I think there is a connector that needs some contact cleaner and would rather test that theory than start hanging new expensive parts on the Truck. Anyone any ideas what to do or where to look? I can see plenty of bad looking splices and butt connectors on the engine wiring harness, not good. Please advise any thoughts.
  • medfly3medfly3 Member Posts: 1
    I Just Purchased A 1994 Extended Cab 4X4 XE I4 2.4L 5-Speed Manual Transmission. Excellent Condition Only 90.000 Original Miles On It. Earlier Today I Was On The Freeway And Downshifted Into 4th And 4th Gear Is No Longer There! 1-2-3-5 And Reverse Are Still There. Any Suggestions, Help etc? Thanx
    Car still giving me trouble. Mechanic just replaced new fuel pump/relay(???) and water pump was recently replaced as well and still the engine light comes on and the car jerked and sometimes it stall. Before it stall, it gives me warning, like car will jerk and then the speed decreases and can't pump the gas nor accelerate, it's just slowing down until it stop completely. When i tried to start it, it's starting but not going so i waited for few minutes. After 20-25 minutes it will start and go as if nothing happened. It does that occassinally and can't figure out what's wrong with it. Also, mechanic tried to replace the distributor with either rebuilt or new one, but the car rejecting the parts. It gotten worst than before, so mechanic put back the original one and it works. Pls. if someone out there who can diagnose the "illness" of this car, I will appreciate it and eternally grateful. Can't afford to take it to the dealer (too expensive) much less buy a new one???? Thank you.
    primetime